PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs If we signed all the rumored FAs right now, Winston, Tolbert et al...

Direckshun
03-13-2012, 08:15 PM
Let's say we sign all the Pioli-friendly FA signings (i.e. not Manning).

RT Eric Winston TE John Carlson RB Mike Tolbert/Peyton HillisWhat the hell do we use the draft for? Seriously?

QB: Cassel
RB: Tolbert, Charles, McCluster

WR: Bowe, Breaston, Baldwin
TE: Moeaki, Carlson

LT: Albert
LG: Lilja
C: Hudson
RG: Asamoah
RT: Winston

DE: Dorsey, Bailey
NT: Gordon, Powe
DE: Jackson

OLB: Hali
ILB: Belcher
ILB: Johnson
OLB: Houston

CB: Flowers, Routt
S: Berry, Lewis

With Tolbert and Winston on hand, there is no need to draft Richardson (who won't fall to us anyway) or a tackle like Reiff or Martin.

So, a couple prevailing theories on my behalf.

1. We'll draft DeCastro and give Lilja the boot. This is by far the most likely option.

2. Since we only have a couple positions left to draft for, plus some depth at a few places (safety, interior OL), the Chiefs could be loosening up their draft picks to make some dramatic moves for the one roster spot this team desperately needs improvement at: QB.

Just a thought.

Just Passin' By
03-13-2012, 08:17 PM
Use every fucking pick on a quarterback! /CP

Mr_Tomahawk
03-13-2012, 08:17 PM
<------THIS GUY!

But he won't make it past Cleveland or Miami....

dirk digler
03-13-2012, 08:19 PM
Draft a QB, either Tannehill or Weeden

Also we need a stud ILB and put Belcher back where he belongs

Mr_Tomahawk
03-13-2012, 08:20 PM
Draft a QB, either Tannehill or Tannehill

FYP

the Talking Can
Use every ****ing pick on a quarterback! /CP

hey look, cassel's fleshlight shows up...then leaves to go root for Tom Brady

Brooklyn
you didn't mention Solai in the rumored to be signed group, so barring that, I'd look at Donatari Poe. You could certainly do worse than DeCastro, even if keeping Lilja for depth. My other wild guess besides Tanehill would be the LB from Boston College. Still plenty of holes to plug.

Thig Lyfe
Trade our first rounder to the Titans for Peyton Manning.

the Talking Can
03-13-2012, 08:21 PM
i hope we're not dumb enough to spend the #11 pick on a guard, but you're probably right

Douche Baggins
03-13-2012, 08:21 PM
You probably don't need to pick DeCastro at 11. Trade down like a bauce.

chiefzilla1501
03-13-2012, 08:23 PM
Let's say we sign all the Pioli-friendly FA signings (i.e. not Manning).

RT Eric Winston TE John Carlson RB Mike Tolbert/Peyton HillisWhat the hell do we use the draft for? Seriously?

QB: Cassel
RB: Tolbert, Charles, McCluster

WR: Bowe, Breaston, Baldwin
TE: Moeaki, Carlson

LT: Albert
LG: Lilja
C: Hudson
RG: Asamoah
RT: Winston

DE: Dorsey, Bailey
NT: Gordon, Powe
DE: Jackson

OLB: Hali
ILB: Belcher
ILB: Johnson
OLB: Houston

CB: Flowers, Routt
S: Berry, Lewis

With Tolbert and Winston on hand, there is no need to draft Richardson (who won't fall to us anyway) or a tackle like Reiff or Martin.

So, a couple prevailing theories on my behalf.

1. We'll draft DeCastro and give Lilja the boot. This is by far the most likely option.

2. Since we only have a couple positions left to draft for, plus some depth at a few places (safety, interior OL), the Chiefs could be loosening up their draft picks to make some dramatic moves for the one roster spot this team desperately needs improvement at: QB.

Just a thought.

You can never have too much depth. Poe if he falls to us. Luke Kuechly.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but maybe even trade down to get a Guard. Or Hightower.

Pestilence
03-13-2012, 08:24 PM
Hope the Dolphins sign Flynn. Either take Tannehill at 11 or trade down with Browns so they can draft Tannehill.

chiefzilla1501
<------THIS GUY!

But he won't make it past Cleveland or Miami....

The arrow is pointing to Mr Tomahawk. Are you really that good?

patteeu
you didn't mention Solai in the rumored to be signed group, so barring that, I'd look at Donatari Poe. You could certainly do worse than DeCastro, even if keeping Lilja for depth. My other wild guess besides Tanehill would be the LB from Boston College. Still plenty of holes to plug.

This or trade down.

Reerun_KC
Draft a right guard....

Mr_Tomahawk
03-13-2012, 08:25 PM
Hope the Dolphins sign Flynn. Either take Tannehill at 11 or trade down with Browns so they can draft Tannehill.

Don't the Brown draft before us?

Pestilence
03-13-2012, 08:26 PM
Don't the Brown draft before us?

Yes but there is no way they're drafting Tannehill at 4.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-13-2012, 08:26 PM
Yes but there is no way they're drafting Tannehill at 4.

I wouldn't put it past them...

Mr_Tomahawk
03-13-2012, 08:27 PM
Tannehill will be gone by #11 regardless...

T-post Tom
03-13-2012, 08:31 PM
DE from LSU anyone? :hmmm:

mr. tegu
03-13-2012, 08:33 PM
Tannehill will be gone by #11 regardless...

I hope so! Aren't there others here that watched him were left woefully unimpressed? He is not very accurate and it didn't look to me like he had a big arm. He would fine for a team with a solid qb to sit behind (eg Pats taking Arkansas guy last year) but he is Not worth the 11th pick much less higher. Let someone else make the mistake.

Where is Weeden projected? I would like him much better especially if he is a 2nd or 3rd guy.

Dante84
03-13-2012, 08:33 PM
The QB run will be quick and fast.

Tannehill and Weeden will be gone in the top 12 picks.

The Bad Guy
03-13-2012, 08:34 PM
I'm glad you can give us daily depth charts like no one knows who's on the fucking team.

ChiefFripp
03-13-2012, 08:34 PM
If we sign Tolbert and Winston I couldn't care less about missing out on Manning.

The Bad Guy
03-13-2012, 08:35 PM
If our NT's are Powe and Gordon, DJ and Belcher better take out a lot more life insurance.

melbar
03-13-2012, 08:35 PM
BPA.
Tannehill
Keuchly
DeCastro
Poe
Depth and upgrades

Dick Bull
03-13-2012, 08:36 PM

and then bench his bitch ass

petegz28
03-13-2012, 08:37 PM
The bigger question is what do we do when we don't manage to sign any of these guys?

DeezNutz
Reach for a NT, or give serious consideration to Jenkins, who would be the most talented player available.

This assumes that Rutt could transition to safety, so as not to be a complete waste of money.

prhom
It's gonna be DeCastro or Kuechly when we pick. I figure they go with DeCastro. Might as well take a great player at a position that we're going to need to fill soon.

melbar
Dont forget Ingram and Still are probably better than our De's. Or Put Ingram opposite Hali...

htismaqe
03-13-2012, 08:38 PM
If we sign all of those guys, it opens up the draft for us to:

1) trade down
2) trade down and
3) trade down

I'm fully prepared for the next 2 months to be an absolute snooze-fest.

SNR
03-13-2012, 08:39 PM
Drafting Kuechly would project him at DJ's linebacker spot. If we drafted him to replace Belcher, we'd be putting his sideline-to-sideline skills to waste. You don't draft a player like Kuechly and have him fill gaps and shed blocks off tackle.

If we're going to burn a first rounder on a Belcher upgrade, we may as well say "fuck it" and draft the fucking guard. At least then we'd have a player whose elite talents are being used correctly to REALLY improve this team.

melbar
03-13-2012, 08:42 PM
If you have a Chance to get a guy who will potentially be in the top 5 in the NFL at his position in a year or two you take that guy before you go for say, the #3 T.

RINGLEADER

I agree with you. And I think this thread brings up a good point that if we were to sign these guys we'll be pretty well-rounded and solid at almost every position. Using the number one on a QB or LB makes sense, but also to get some depth.

It sucks because we really are a QB away from being a young, dominant team.

BigChiefFan
If we sign all of those guys, it opens up the draft for us to:

1) trade down
2) trade down and
3) trade down

I'm fully prepared for the next 2 months to be an absolute snooze-fest.I'd like to see us trade down and pick up another first rounder for next year, if we land, Winston, Soliai, and Tolbert.

ChiefsCountry
The QB run will be quick and fast.

Tannehill and Weeden will be gone in the top 12 picks.

No team is going to take a 28 year old Qb in the top 12.
Posted via Mobile Device

SNR
I expect Ta'amu to rise up the draft boards dramatically in the next month or so. A trade down to the late first round to take him wouldn't be a bad idea if we're not going to sign Soliai.

At least it's better than Kuechly.

RINGLEADER
03-13-2012, 08:44 PM
The bigger question is what do we do when we don't manage to sign any of these guys?

Thanks for being a buzzkill Pete...

Micjones
DeCastro.
I'd also make early Draft investments into the LB, Safety and Tight End spots.

DeezNutz
So we're going to be at #11, with zero interest in selecting the players available. None demand the selection, regardless of perceived depth, yet we're trading down. OK.

With whom? Because this team wants whom?

Thig Lyfe
03-13-2012, 08:47 PM
and then bench his bitch ass

I know you're joking, but we probably should, just to make sure he understands who runs this franchise.

O.city
03-13-2012, 08:48 PM
Decastro would be fine with me. From what I have read he's an unbelievable guard prospect.

If we can do the things mentioned in the OP and grab Soliai and hopefully sign Orton, the Chiefs are in the perfect spot. They don't HAVE to draft at any certain position. Grab the BPA and build some depth.

BossChief
03-13-2012, 08:55 PM
I wonder how I would react if we traded up and took Tanehill.

O.city
03-13-2012, 08:58 PM
I don't know about Tannehill. I'm not sold on him, but I could make myself be that way I guess.

Mr_Tomahawk
Adam Teicher ‏ @adamteicher Close
Henne visiting with Jax, maybe Seattle after that. So #Chiefs may not get the chance to visit with him.

If #Chiefs don't get Henne, then possibility of drafting a QB is much greater

MahiMike
Tolbert, Tolbert, Tolbert!

BigChiefFan
03-13-2012, 08:59 PM
So we're going to be at #11, with zero interest in selecting the players available. None demand the selection, regardless of perceived depth, yet we're trading down. OK.

With whom? Because this team wants whom?

Depends on how far we trade down, but we might be able to trade down a little and still possibly get Poe or maybe even Martin.

They'll obviously still be some quality players below were we are slated to pick currently.

ChiefFripp
03-13-2012, 08:59 PM
Henne visiting with Jax, maybe Seattle after that. So #Chiefs may not get the chance to visit with him.

If #Chiefs don't get Henne, then possibility of drafting a QB is much greater

Do not want!

Mr_Tomahawk
03-13-2012, 09:00 PM
Judging by replies to my Henne tweets, Cassel's popularity in KC would go way up if #Chiefs signed Henne

Mr_Tomahawk
03-13-2012, 09:01 PM
Arrowhead Pride ‏ @ArrowheadPride Close
@adamteicher You know your team is headed in the right direction when some sentences start like "If the Chiefs don't get Henne..."

DeezNutz
03-13-2012, 09:03 PM
Depends on how far we trade down, but we might be able to trade down a little and still possibly get Poe or maybe even Martin.

They'll obviously still be some quality players below were we are slated to pick currently.

Obviously this is fluid, but this seems like a weak enough class after the first 4-5 players, that I don't see anyone that a team would move to come up and get.

Peterson used to say--yeah, yeah--that an average draft has approximately 20 "real" first-round players. Then, the distinction between 21-60 isn't much at all, and I think this analysis is pretty solid.

'12, in the above light, seems to be particularly shallow.

Chiefaholic
03-13-2012, 09:03 PM

I don't think a trade up would be necessary. If anything, #11 is about 6-7 spots too high for a raw project who'll likely sit on the bench at least one season. There'll should still be some legit value on the board at #11 with the possibility of Richardson that could give us a damn good 1/2 punch at HB OR give us trade bait to gather extra picks and still get Tanehill.

O.city
03-13-2012, 09:04 PM
Richardson ain't making it out of the top 5, IMO.

Chiefaholic
03-13-2012, 09:08 PM
Richardson ain't making it out of the top 5, IMO.

The absolute earliest I see Richardson going would be St. Louis at #6.

DeezNutz
03-13-2012, 09:08 PM
I could honestly see us trading some picks to move up in the second or third for Weeden, which would probably piss me off to a certain extent.

O.city
03-13-2012, 09:09 PM
I think the Browns grab Richardson at 4.

Or the Bucs.

BigChiefFan
03-13-2012, 09:09 PM
Obviously this is fluid, but this seems like a weak enough class after the first 4-5 players, that I don't see anyone that a team would move to come up and get.

Peterson used to say--yeah, yeah--that an average draft has approximately 20 "real" first-round players. Then, the distinction between 21-60 isn't much at all, and I think this analysis is pretty solid.

'12, in the above light, seems to be particularly shallow.I don't have the new chart that shows the appropriate compensation for trading up and down, but I'd venture to say we could be sitting pretty moving down to right around 18 and still get a quality player and pick up additional pick/s.

I think Martin will be available. We get a quality RT(plus insurance in case Albert moves on) and additional picks, hopefully for future draft picks from a shitty team who will be picking early.

KC native
03-13-2012, 09:10 PM

you must spread rep around before giving it to Sportsracer again. ROFL

BigChiefFan
I could honestly see us trading some picks to move up in the second or third for Weeden, which would probably piss me off to a certain extent.

I pray we don't take him. I can't stand having a 28 year old rookie. That says short-term fix, IMO.

Mr_Tomahawk
What I'm trying to tell u is this: Cassel's chances of being starter increased today. Would go up more if Orton signs with Dallas

Mr. Laz
03-13-2012, 09:11 PM
BPA?

:shrug:

Tribal Warfare
03-13-2012, 09:11 PM
As of now I say Dontari Poe will be the pick.

Mr. Laz
03-13-2012, 09:12 PM
What I'm trying to tell u is this: Cassel's chances of being starter increased today. Would go up more if Orton signs with Dallas
would be surprised to hear that Orton is signing with a team that has a definite starter.

Extra Point
03-13-2012, 09:13 PM

Captain Obvious makes the rounds. In usual time.

Chiefaholic
03-13-2012, 09:13 PM
I see 1-5 in this order

1. Luck
2. RG3
3. Blackmon
4. Kalil
5. Claiborne

DeezNutz
03-13-2012, 09:16 PM
I pray we don't take him. I can't stand having a 28 year old rookie. That says short-term fix, IMO.

Agreed. I think it would absolutely be pissing into the wind.

ROYC75
03-13-2012, 09:17 PM
Sign all of that and trade the whole draft away for extra picks next year. Start Stanzi for a year of experience, see what he has and if we need to move up next year, take Barkley with the first overall providing he does regress.

Now if this seems radical,so is the thought of our FO signing all of these FA's.:rolleyes:

ChiefFripp
03-13-2012, 09:18 PM
Captain Obvious makes the rounds. In usual time.

Thank goodness we have him to tell us these things! Chewie! Plug the professor into the hyperdrive!

Douche Baggins
03-13-2012, 09:19 PM
Sign all of that and trade the whole draft away for extra picks next year. Start Stanzi for a year of experience, see what he has and if we need to move up next year. Take Barkley with the first overall providing he does regress.

Now if this seems radical,so is the thought of our FO signing all of these FA's.:rolleyes:

HEY

REMEMBER ALL THAT SHIT YOU BLABBED ABOUT ON THIS BOARD ABOUT PEYTON MANNING AND SECRET ACRONYMS?

CUT YOUR NUTS OFF

dirk digler
03-13-2012, 09:19 PM
Sign all of that and trade the whole draft away for extra picks next year. Start Stanzi for a year of experience, see what he has and if we need to move up next year. Take Barkley with the first overall providing he does regress.

I thought you told us we were going to sign Peyton by Monday?

Oh wait you were FOS

Okie_Apparition
03-13-2012, 09:24 PM
People will be lining up to rape the Dolphins
just 3 spots back, go for it

ChiefsCountry
03-13-2012, 09:29 PM
I see 1-5 in this order

1. Luck
2. RG3
3. Blackmon
4. Kalil
5. Claiborne

Cleveland isnt taking Kahli when they have Joe Thomas. No way does Minnesota let him past them.
Posted via Mobile Device

O.city
03-13-2012, 09:30 PM
I think the Rams take Kalil.

I just don't see Richardson falling to us.

SNR
03-13-2012, 09:30 PM
I don't care if Brandon Weeden's semen is a cure for cancer.

Wasting a draft pick on a 28-year old rookie from a non-pro offense would be the worst abortion ever.

BossChief
03-13-2012, 09:32 PM
Ryan, okie?

ROYC75
03-13-2012, 09:36 PM
Where did I say that he would visit or would sign. Let's look at what did happen,

P > It was a process, still is, he has not signed, yet.
H > Clark did want him, probably still does for all we know.
M > I knew that he would not sign by Monday, all the media at first & so called sources said that by Tuesday he would sign. I knew he would not, from what we do know, it will go on for a while longer.

Besides, cutting off my nuts would hurt, I hate pain.

If the report that the Donks are paying 90 mil for him, they can have him. It would appear that they can't do anything else. IMHO, I do not believe that report or source at all.

It appears that there are major issues we were not aware of in this whole process of PM.

The fat lady isn't singing but you can here her humming very loud.

Okie_Apparition
03-13-2012, 09:37 PM
Just some hot chef on fish action
before Elway does

Douche Baggins
03-13-2012, 09:37 PM
You are a stupid bitch, Roy.

ROYC75
03-13-2012, 09:39 PM
I thought you told us we were going to sign Peyton by Monday?

Oh wait you were FOS

No, you were, I never said that we " were ".

ROYC75
03-13-2012, 09:39 PM
You are a stupid bitch, Roy.

You just described yourself.

Nice work.

ChiefsCountry
03-13-2012, 09:43 PM
I don't care if Brandon Weeden's semen is a cure for cancer.

Wasting a draft pick on a 28-year old rookie from a non-pro offense would be the worst abortion ever.

For the Chiefs this is true but some teams needing a backup he makes sense.
Posted via Mobile Device

aturnis
03-13-2012, 09:43 PM
I see 1-5 in this order

1. Luck
2. RG3
3. Blackmon
4. Kalil
5. Claiborne

This is the biggest abortion of a guess I've ever seen.

1. Luck
2. RG3
3. Kalil
4. Probably Richardson at this point
5. Claiborne
6. Blackmon

Dick Bull
03-13-2012, 09:46 PM
I know you're joking, but we probably should, just to make sure he understands who runs this franchise.

Romeo: So you thought you were going to snob us, after I said I wanted you at the combine. That was a bitch move.

Peyton: Sorry my dad said that you guys aren't good.

Romeo: I'm your daddy now. Touch every step in the stadium.

Pioli: and make sure he picks up the gum wrappers while he's at it.

Chiefs=Good
03-13-2012, 09:48 PM
Where did I say that he would visit or would sign. Let's look at what did happen,

M > I knew that he would not sign by Monday, all the media at first & so called sources said that by Tuesday he would sign. I knew he would not, from what we do know, it will go on for a while longer.

If the report that the Donks are paying 90 mil for him, they can have him. It would appear that they can't do anything else. IMHO, I do not believe that report or source at all.

It appears that there are major issues we were not aware of in this whole process of PM.

weak

http://researchaccess.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/ThumbsDown.jpg

whoman69
03-13-2012, 10:17 PM
Use every ****ing pick on a quarterback! /CP

FYP

Every last one of these scenarios leaves Cassel in place with no competition this year. Fail

TEX
03-13-2012, 11:05 PM

Lame. We all read your takes on the subject. You were definatley on the "Manning's coming for a visit" side. :rolleyes:

Douche Baggins
03-13-2012, 11:08 PM
You just described yourself.

Nice work.

You are a stupid fucking bitch who deceived this forum.

Simply Red
03-13-2012, 11:17 PM
would be surprised to hear that Orton is signing with a team that has a definite starter.

this

qabbaan
03-13-2012, 11:24 PM
You could definitely improve the team with a free agency splash, but does anyone really believe that is coming?

Besides, we could build a pretty nice team around Cassel and our QB would still be Cassel, and the team unlikely to go anywhere in the postseason as a result when you have to have great QB play.

WildTurkey
03-13-2012, 11:36 PM
You could definitely improve the team with a free agency splash, but does anyone really believe that is coming?

Besides, we could build a pretty nice team around Cassel and our QB would still be Cassel, and the team unlikely to go anywhere in the postseason as a result when you have to have great QB play.

So because we're saddled with Cassel the FO should just quit trying to add talent elsewhere? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ROYC75
03-13-2012, 11:38 PM
Lame. We all read your takes on the subject. You were definatley on the "Manning's coming for a visit" side. :rolleyes:

I never said he would, FWIW, I felt strongly this would happen all along, somethings have happened, it's not over yet either, just saying.

After all of the crap with reports, tweets,& sources saying he wants Reggie Wayne, Clark, Saturday, he will be a Donk, AZ, frontrunners, etc. etc, seriously who knows ? IMHO I would say that Archie & PM doesn't know yet what they want to do...............But maybe keep the media circus guessing.

It would appear that just about the whole country played into their hands?

NJChiefsFan
03-13-2012, 11:42 PM
So because we're saddled with Cassel the FO should just quit trying to add talent elsewhere? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me

Well if we struggle this season maybe we could finally have the FO pin it on Cassel. Surround him with talent and we sneak into the playoffs then get our ass kicked, not much reward in that. I am not saying we should not try getting better, but through all that pain there actually is some good that could come from it.

WildTurkey
03-13-2012, 11:44 PM
I never said he would, FWIW, I felt strongly this would happen all along, somethings have happened, it's not over yet either, just saying.

After all of the crap with reports, tweets,& sources saying he wants Reggie Wayne, Clark, Saturday, he will be a Donk, AZ, frontrunners, etc. etc, seriously who knows ? IMHO I would say that Archie & PM doesn't know yet what they want to do...............But maybe keep the media circus guessing.

It would appear that just about the whole country played into their hands?

This is knee jerk reaction planet... If it doesn't happen immediately it's not going to happen.. Nobody knows what's going on with Peyton I'm going to hold off on bitching about it until he actually signs somewhere.. Instead of taking the Denver posts word for it

ROYC75
03-13-2012, 11:45 PM
You are a stupid ****ing bitch who deceived this forum.

No, I did not. 2 out of 3 happened, I'm not convinced # 3 will not happen yet. It may not be on our time frame, could be the Chiefs are making some moves to solidify not only the team but to entice PM since PM doesn't have to have his buddy Reggie with him.

Just a thought. We have yet to see where Clark,Saturday is going. It appears that Garcon has moved on, who is Denver getting with some of the bigger FA receivers gone ?

We just don't know, the only thing Tn has is his old college buddy and it's his wife's town. If they do not have the pieces to the SB puzzle, how is that a good fit ?

ROYC75
03-13-2012, 11:49 PM

I was, just not convinced he will not make one either. We will have to wait and see.

NJChiefsFan
03-13-2012, 11:49 PM
No, I did not. 2 out of 3 happened, I'm not convinced # 3 will not happen yet. It may not be on our time frame, could be the Chiefs are making some moves to solidify not only the team but to entice PM since PM doesn't have to have his buddy Reggie with him.

Just a thought. We have yet to see where Clark,Saturday is going. It appears that Garcon has moved on, who is Denver getting with some of the bigger FA receivers gone ?

We just don't know, the only thing Tn has is his old college buddy and it's his wife's town. If they do not have the pieces to the SB puzzle, how is that a good fit ?

My question is, why would he go visit a team(TEN) that just jumped into the ring over a team(KC) that has been waiting to talk to him for a longer period of time if he really was considering KC.

WildTurkey
03-13-2012, 11:50 PM
Well if we struggle this season maybe we could finally have the FO pin it on Cassel. Surround him with talent and we sneak into the playoffs then get our ass kicked, not much reward in that. I am not saying we should not try getting better, but through all that pain there actually is some good that could come from it.

I just have never bought into sucking for a higher draft pick if that actually worked we'd have seen several Detroit Lions sb titles by now... I honestly don't believe the FO is as high on Cassel as we think... But with the Chiefs sadly you never know

NJChiefsFan
03-13-2012, 11:55 PM
I just have never bought into sucking for a higher draft pick if that actually worked we'd have seen several Detroit Lions sb titles by now... I honestly don't believe the FO is as high on Cassel as we think... But with the Chiefs sadly you never know

I'm not saying I want KC to tank on purpose. I am just saying as a fan goal #1 is obviously fix the QB. Can't do that with Cassel there. So I am all for whatever scenario that calls for. Now was I rooting for us to get Luck once we had our bad start, yes I was. Now not only last season was a waste, this season probably will be too. Unless Cassel gets hurt and Stanzi is somehow the manzi.

ROYC75
03-13-2012, 11:55 PM
My question is, why would he go visit a team(TEN) that just jumped into the ring over a team(KC) that has been waiting to talk to him for a longer period of time if he really was considering KC.

Obviously it wasn't about the money but $$ does talk and if TN brings in enough help, it helps him make a decision ? His wife is from Nashville, has family there too.

Just a thought .

NJChiefsFan
03-13-2012, 11:57 PM
Obviously it wasn't about the money but $$ does talk and if TN brings in enough help, it helps him make a decision ? His wife is from Nashville, has family there too.

Just a thought .

Either way, no matter the reason he is visiting TEN, the fact that he hasn't visited KC has to speak to where we stand doesn't it? Going to TEN first means we either got skipped over or we aren't getting a look. I think the idea that he is holding us off til last is a little too optimistic.

booger
03-14-2012, 02:00 AM
assuming they sign Winston, Vernon Carey, or Levi Brown to play RT i say trade down and take DeCastro or Cordy Glenn to take over at RT in the future and/or if Albert doesn't resign next offseason.

Lightrise
03-14-2012, 05:47 AM

I'm beginning to move to this too...get er done now.

the Talking Can
03-14-2012, 06:29 AM

PHM is one of the stupidest fucking things to ever appear on this board

let's just all agree you don't know what the fuck you are talking about and move on....

htismaqe
03-14-2012, 06:32 AM

Any feeling you have when they draft him would be offset when he never sees the field...

The Bad Guy
03-14-2012, 06:52 AM
I was, just not convinced he will not make one either. We will have to wait and see.

Give it up already. Good lord. It's not happening.

The Bad Guy
03-14-2012, 06:53 AM
PHM is one of the stupidest ****ing things to ever appear on this board

let's just all agree you don't know what the **** you are talking about and move on....

Yeah, this was a huge fail.

Bootlegged
03-14-2012, 07:19 AM
Give the Steelers the #1 for Mike Wallace. What is he - 25 years old? Then find a QB that can throw past 30 yards to get it to him.

Dayze
03-14-2012, 07:45 AM
Give the Steelers the #1 for Mike Wallace. What is he - 25 years old? Then find a QB that can throw past 30 yards to get it to him.

personally, I wouldn't want to give up a 1 for him. I'd rather spend it on someone who can throw the ball to our existing first round WRs.

ROYC75
03-14-2012, 08:00 AM
Give it up already. Good lord. It's not happening.

You could very well be right, it's looks this way. But as I stated in another post, the Denver post is reporting it's down to Denver & TN now, even though PM hasn't met with the TN FO.:shake::rolleyes:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Peyton-Manning-Tennessee-Titans-Denver-Broncos-031312

Just nobody of all of the reported sources, media outlets know.

suds79
03-14-2012, 08:02 AM
Think Scott will try to trade down no matter what.

But considering there is only one NT left in FA and he's a big name/money guy which means we won't look at him.

I'd say Poe is becoming more & more likely.

Dayze
03-14-2012, 08:03 AM
we could be the first team to have three 1's on our line! Championship.

~

Chiefs=Good
03-14-2012, 08:03 AM
You could very well be right, it's looks this way. But as I stated in another post, the Denver post is reporting it's down to Denver & TN now, even though PM hasn't met with the TN FO.:shake::rolleyes:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Peyton-Manning-Tennessee-Titans-Denver-Broncos-031312

Just nobody of all of the reported sources, media outlets know.

Including you, but you acted like you did.

ROYC75
03-14-2012, 08:05 AM
PHM is one of the stupidest ****ing things to ever appear on this board

let's just all agree you don't know what the **** you are talking about and move on....

Believe what you wish, others know better.

ROYC75
03-14-2012, 08:10 AM
Including you, but you acted like you did.

In the eyes of those who know, your opinion doesn't add up. But you are free to think anyway you wish.

Chiefs=Good
03-14-2012, 08:14 AM
In the eyes of those who know, your opinion doesn't add up. But you are free to think anyway you wish.

You basically said you had a source, who you couldn't name. You said you knew something, but you couldn't say what. You're saying that your source told you that Manning wouldn't sign before Tuesday and that's your big secret? The thing you couldn't tell anyone?? Now It seems that you knew nothing.

PGM
03-14-2012, 08:39 AM

He belongs in the starting lineup.