PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Broncos get Soliai to visit

Chiefnj2
03-14-2012, 09:51 AM
profootballtalk.com
Top free agent nose tackle Soliai visiting the Broncos
Posted by Evan Silva on March 14, 2012, 10:40 AM EDT
Miami Dolphins 2010 Headshots Getty Images

NFL Network’s Jason La Canfora reports that free agent defensive tackle Paul Soliai is scheduled to visit the Broncos.

Soliai is the top nose tackle on the 2012 free agent market. He goes 6-foot-4, 355 and could be a quick solution to Denver’s seemingly annual run defense woes.

Per La Canfora, the Dolphins are trying to re-sign Soliai. The Broncos will make their pitch first.

Florio has reported that the Falcons, Dolphins, Broncos, Chiefs, Colts, 49ers, and Patriots have all shown interest in Soliai since the free agency signing period opened.

lostcause
03-14-2012, 09:52 AM
Babb saying Chiefs aren't necessarily out of it yet, though.

Sofa King
03-14-2012, 09:55 AM
Fucking Elway is a pain in the ass.

BigChiefFan
03-14-2012, 09:55 AM
I thought they ran the 4-3??? Why would they need a NT?

lostcause
03-14-2012, 09:57 AM

Just because Elway's a dick who hates us.

TheGuardian
03-14-2012, 09:58 AM
JFC elway is doing this shit literally just to fuck us.

vailpass
03-14-2012, 09:59 AM

JFC elway is doing this shit literally just to **** us.

Don't flatter yourself.:evil:
Seriously though Denver needs a stud DL more than anyone.

ChiefsandO'sfan
03-14-2012, 10:01 AM
Adam Caplan‏@caplannflReply
Retweet

Favorite
· Open

Dolphins NT Paul Soliai has plans to visit the Broncos, but nothing is finalized yet.

wazu

I thought they were 3-4.

Von Dumbass
Mike Klis says there is no visit planned yet. I posted the tweet in the FA thread.

BigChiefFan
03-14-2012, 10:02 AM

You would think the agent would know whether or not it's a fit or not. He doesn't even fit their scheme.

Pasta Giant Meatball
03-14-2012, 10:03 AM
What happened to the bestest d-line in the league that SlowMo said they had?

vailpass
03-14-2012, 10:03 AM
You would think the agent would know whether or not it's a fit or not. He doesn't even fit their scheme.

The agent knows the scheme. Denver runs a base $42 million under, and it is an exact fit.

BigChiefFan
03-14-2012, 10:04 AM
I thought they were 3-4.

Why on Earth would they run a 3-4? Fox is a 4-3 guy.

Von Dumbass
03-14-2012, 10:05 AM
What happened to the bestest d-line in the league that SlowMo said they had?

That was in 2010 and I said the best DL in the division and that was right after Jamal Williams signed. Jamal Williams wasn't as good as I thought he was going to be.

beach tribe
03-14-2012, 10:05 AM
****ing Elway is a pain in the ass.

I wonder if he's cheating the cap again?:hmmm:

Worked once....or twice

lostcause
03-14-2012, 10:06 AM
That was in 2010 and I said the best DL in the division and that was right after Jamal Williams signed. Jamal Williams wasn't as good as I thought he was going to be.

They never are, are they?

BigChiefFan
03-14-2012, 10:07 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/18/john-fox-broncos-are-committed-to-the-4-3-defense/

John Fox: Broncos are committed to the 4-3 defense
Posted by Michael David Smith on February 18, 2011, 7:22 AM EDT
Getty ImagesBroncos coach John Fox says Denver is going back to a 4-3 defense, and he’s committed to making the transition a major priority of the 2011 offseason.

“We’re going to be a multiple-front defense, but I think we’ll make the commitment to the 4-3,” Fox told the Denver Post. “The transition from the 3-4 to 4-3 is much easier than going from the 4-3 to 3-4, I will say that. So we feel pretty confident about that switch.”

The Broncos will be counting on Elvis Dumervil, who led the NFL with 17 sacks in 2009 but missed all of 2010, to come back with a big 2011, and Fox indicated that Dumervil would play defensive end in 4-3 fronts. Robert Ayers would likely be the other starting defensive end, although there’s been talk that the Broncos could take Clemson’s Da’Quan Bowers with the second overall pick in the NFL draft and make Bowers their other starter at defensive end.

The Broncos will likely address the linebacker position in the draft or free agency, and Fox stressed the importance of having the right personnel in place for the new defense.

“We’re working through that with our personnel people, both our pro and college,” Fox said.

Sofa King

Worked once....or twice

I'm sure he covered the cap in Vaseline.

vailpass

Worked once....or twice

3rd times a charm! Let's do this thing. Cheating the cap when you are $42 million under would be some big-league shit.

L.A. Chieffan
03-14-2012, 10:10 AM
go ahead and sign the most expensiive NT and put him in a 4-3. dumbasses LMAO

HemiEd
03-14-2012, 10:14 AM
Don't flatter yourself.:evil:
Seriously though Denver needs a stud DL more than anyone.

I hear Ryan Sims is available.

Von Dumbass
go ahead and sign the most expensiive NT and put him in a 4-3. dumbasses LMAO

Greg Cosell did a nice breakdown of Solai and said that Solai can be a good player in any scheme.

Here is the link...

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/multimedia/videos/Film-Room-Free-Agent-DTs/8dbf8b5e-de52-4232-a84d-7242043e87d0

mr. tegu
I wonder if the 4-3 would turn Soliai off or if they offered a significantly larger deal he would go there regardless :hmmm:

Dicky McElephant
He would play the NT role in their defense. They could put Soliai on one side and Bunkley on the other.

htismaqe
03-14-2012, 10:15 AM

ROFL

kcchiefsus
03-14-2012, 10:17 AM

Of course he wasn't, are you ever right?

L.A. Chieffan
03-14-2012, 10:17 AM
Greg Cosell did a nice breakdown of Solai and said that Solai can be a good player in any scheme.

Here is the link...

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/multimedia/videos/Film-Room-Free-Agent-DTs/8dbf8b5e-de52-4232-a84d-7242043e87d0

not really but nice reach

Pasta Giant Meatball
03-14-2012, 10:20 AM
ROFL

He was all excited they signed Justin Bannan, Williams, and Jarvis Green ROFL He made them sound like Bruce Smith, John Randle, and Warren Sapp.

ChiefButthurt
03-14-2012, 10:46 AM

Doesn't matter I hate him more.

O.city
03-14-2012, 10:49 AM
We need this guy.

Soliai and Winston are must gets for this franchise a t this point in tim.

suds79
03-14-2012, 10:50 AM
Pretty sure Elway is trying to :hump: us over pretty good.

John 1

Chiefs 0

bevischief
03-14-2012, 10:57 AM
We need this guy.

Soliai and Winston are must gets for this franchise a t this point in tim.

This.

talastan
03-14-2012, 10:57 AM
This is all Elway using $$$ to screw with the Chiefs' FA options. We need some leaked info for players that we aren't trying to pursue so Elway blows Bowlen's wad on random non-essential guys. :thumb:

I will commend Elway for one thing though, he keeps this :BS: up and he'll spark a renewal in the Chiefs/Donkeys Rivalry. I'm ready to kick their nuts in this fall already.

ChiefsandO'sfan
03-14-2012, 10:58 AM
Jason Cole‏@JasonColeYahooReply
Retweet

Favorite
· Open

DT Paul Soliai looking at either a 5-year or 2-year deal with Broncos. Debating the options.

Bump
03-14-2012, 11:01 AM
JFC elway is doing this shit literally just to **** us.

See, I actually would love that if I were a donkey fan. Our owner and GM just sits idle while other teams get better and we brace ourselves for another year of heart ache.

KCtotheSB
03-14-2012, 11:08 AM
Jason Cole‏@JasonColeYahooReply
Retweet

Favorite
· Open

DT Paul Soliai looking at either a 5-year or 2-year deal with Broncos. Debating the options.

God, what did I do to deserve this?

Chiefnj2
03-14-2012, 11:09 AM
The two biggest needs are NT and RT (aside from the pipedream QB). How do you not put on a full court press and pull out all stops to get Soliai and Winston into Arrowhead on day 1 and signed?

O.city
03-14-2012, 11:10 AM
The two biggest needs are NT and RT (aside from the pipedream QB). How do you not put on a full court press and pull out all stops to get Soliai and Winston into Arrowhead on day 1 and signed?

This.

I wonder what the reason we didn't sign Soliai will be? Last year guys did fit our scheme, this year .....?

Money?

Mile High Mania
03-14-2012, 11:11 AM
This is all Elway using $$$ to screw with the Chiefs' FA options. We need some leaked info for players that we aren't trying to pursue so Elway blows Bowlen's wad on random non-essential guys. :thumb:

I will commend Elway for one thing though, he keeps this :BS: up and he'll spark a renewal in the Chiefs/Donkeys Rivalry. I'm ready to kick their nuts in this fall already.

I doubt it's all about driving the KC fans (or team) crazy.

I like the fact that they're looking at all options and bringing guys in for a look. I don't know how much Merriweather has left or if he's a good fit. He flamed out in NE and his last team in 2011. If he's hungry again - make it an incentive laden deal.

If they do get Manning, well then the real fun starts and the circus atmosphere cranks up a few levels.

suds79
03-14-2012, 11:11 AM

Have to pay big $$ to do that.

I swear this franchise has never pissed me off more with their cheapness and lack of drive to win than ever.

SNR
03-14-2012, 11:14 AM
Soliai was one of my "must get" guys.

If he signs in Denver shit is going to be thrown in my living room.

BigChiefFan
03-14-2012, 11:14 AM
Yeah why improve the team when you can sit on your ass and save some money.

Sell the team to somebody who gives a shit. I'm so sick of this shitty franchise and the cheap-ass ways.

Dicky McElephant
03-14-2012, 11:15 AM
Soliai was one of my "must get" guys.

If he signs in Denver shit is going to be thrown in my living room.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-RhpNBYfAVnQ/Tbpy5KP0-nI/AAAAAAAAD2I/pr7hhThcksg/s1600/IMG_0768.JPG

Mile High Mania
03-14-2012, 11:17 AM
Part of me is interested in hearing that Denver signs...

Manning
Tolbert and/or Hillis
Lloyd or Manningham
Clark
Soliai
Merriweather
Richard Marhsall (maybe)

Something like that would work... and those pieces would work whether they roll with Manning or Tebow. Granted, the WR option might change...

But, overall - they get something like that in FA and I'm good.

Dr. Gigglepants
03-14-2012, 11:18 AM
We're going to get force fed the same line of craps about how it has to be a match for both parties, and you can't just sign every FA you want, they have to be willing to come here too. At some point Pioli has to ask himself why are we always the willing party and can't get a top FA to "want" to come here.
Posted via Mobile Device

prhom
03-14-2012, 11:18 AM
We probably set our meeting later in the week because plane tickets were cheaper then.

suds79
03-14-2012, 11:19 AM
Yeah why improve the team when you can sit on your ass and save some money.

Sell the team to somebody who gives a shit. I'm so sick of this shitty franchise and the cheap-ass ways.

I've honestly wondered if we'd be better off if Clark were to move the team.

Sure we'd have to go a year or two without a team but you know we'd get one back eventually. Maybe that owner would care?

Would probably get to a SB sooner.

Dr. Gigglepants
03-14-2012, 11:20 AM
Wasn't there a 25 year agreement with Jackson County with the renovations? I think we're stuck with em for a while.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mile High Mania
03-14-2012, 11:23 AM
You guys should plan a "ChiefsPlanet Sit In" over at the stadium at some point prior to the draft...

Use the Internets and all the various relationships you guys have with other sites, media, Super Fans, etc and really create a grass roots fan focused point of action.

Let your voices be heard - keep it civil, invite the ownership/management team to participate... do something about what continues to drive you nuts about your team.

wazu
03-14-2012, 11:26 AM
Wasn't there a 25 year agreement with Jackson County with the renovations? I think we're stuck with em for a while.
Posted via Mobile Device

We could work something out. We need to keep the name and glorious history, though.

Dr. Gigglepants
03-14-2012, 11:26 AM
You guys should plan a "ChiefsPlanet Sit In" over at the stadium at some point prior to the draft...

Use the Internets and all the various relationships you guys have with other sites, media, Super Fans, etc and really create a grass roots fan focused point of action.

Let your voices be heard - keep it civil, invite the ownership/management team to participate... do something about what continues to drive you nuts about your team.

Pioli wouldn't even meet with Brian Waters prior to the 2009 season. This is not a man who will listen to fans.
Posted via Mobile Device

SNR
03-14-2012, 11:27 AM

Let your voices be heard - keep it civil, invite the ownership/management team to participate... do something about what continues to drive you nuts about your team.Not enough people would show up. Most of Kansas City is still excited by the news that season tickets are still available.

BigChiefFan
03-14-2012, 11:28 AM
I've honestly wondered if we'd be better off if Clark were to move the team.

Sure we'd have to go a year or two without a team but you know we'd get one back eventually. Maybe that owner would care?

Would probably get to a SB sooner.

It's just frustrating as Hell to watch this year after year, after year.

We haven't won a playoff game in 19 years!! NINETEEN YEARS!!!!!!:cuss:

Where is the sense of urgency?

When exactly are they going to attempt to improve the team?

I realize you don't want to have too many big money FAs, but for Christs sake one or two is not going to kill us and could actually help imrove the quality of our team.

Other teams have zero problem using free agency to add players they believe to improve their overall roster and we use it, as if it's an opportunity to get new scrubs, which is our idea of depth.

I need some positive news out of this team soon, because I've lost my patience with their ineptness.

HemiEd

It is part of the process.

Dicky McElephant

You do realize that we're the minority right? The majority of Chiefs fans are true fans that follow whatever this FO does blindly.

Mile High Mania
Pioli wouldn't even meet with Brian Waters prior to the 2009 season. This is not a man who will listen to fans.
Posted via Mobile Device

So. Create the noise - express your displeasure. Or, just renew tickets - buy the gear and march along. All I'm saying is, there has been a lot of anger expressed at this time of year for the last few years... at some point, the camel's back is finally going to break, no?

Make it now..

Mile High Mania
You do realize that we're the minority right? The majority of Chiefs fans are true fans that follow whatever this FO does blindly.

The Tea Party and OWS were the minority as well... they still rose up.

Dr. Gigglepants
03-14-2012, 11:32 AM
So. Create the noise - express your displeasure. Or, just renew tickets - buy the gear and march along. All I'm saying is, there has been a lot of anger expressed at this time of year for the last few years... at some point, the camel's back is finally going to break, no?

Make it now..

I guess it worked in Denver, lol. I'm already doing my part by not buying tickets. I still wear my chiefs gear bc I love this team. As far as rallying, there probably a million more worthy causes to rally for right now.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mile High Mania
03-14-2012, 11:33 AM
I guess it worked in Denver, lol. I'm already doing my part by not buying tickets. I still wear my chiefs gear bc I love this team. As far as rallying, there probably a million more worthy causes to rally for right now.
Posted via Mobile Device

Doesn't matter... there are others in line willing to buy them.

Dr. Gigglepants
03-14-2012, 11:36 AM
Doesn't matter... there are others in line willing to buy them.

Haven't watched many chiefs games recently have you?
Posted via Mobile Device

bevischief
03-14-2012, 11:37 AM

You are correct unfortunately...

Okie_Apparition
03-14-2012, 11:43 AM
The rollercoaster is in the tunnel
time for a sharp climb, then shit your pants drop

Warpaint69
03-14-2012, 11:46 AM
Soliai in Denver is bad news not only for the Chiefs, but for any team the Donkeys face. They already have two elite pass rushers. If they get that interior sorted out and stuff the run, they are going to pin their ears back and go after your QB.

Why is that a problem for the Chiefs? Matt Cassel doesn't stand a chance.

talastan
03-14-2012, 11:47 AM
Soliai in Denver is bad news not only for the Chiefs, but for any team the Donkeys face. They already have two elite pass rushers. If they get that interior sorted out and stuff the run, they are going to pin their ears back and go after your QB.

So nothing has changed from before then...

suds79
03-14-2012, 11:47 AM

Matt doesn't stand a chance with no pass rush. He's horrible.

listopencil
03-14-2012, 11:48 AM
****ing Elway is a pain in the ass.

So much for Elway being a bust as a Front Office guy, huh?

LMAO

TEX
03-14-2012, 11:49 AM
No worries. Clark wants to meet with him too...:thumb:

Mile High Mania
03-14-2012, 11:49 AM
So much for Elway being a bust as a Front Office guy, huh?

LMAO

Let's see how a few seasons under his belt pan out...

Fat Elvis
03-14-2012, 11:51 AM

Make it now..

There should be a tailgate party where people burn their Chiefs gear/old tickets/Scott Pioli effigies at Arrowhead. Then everyone should randomly walk around the parking lot dropping bubble gum wrappers.

People should also make signs that say stuff like: "Clark Hunt will NEVER raise the trophy that bears his father's name above his head."

listopencil
03-14-2012, 11:51 AM
Let's see how a few seasons under his belt pan out...

Sure. It's pretty early in the game to crown him "Executive Of The Decade", but he's far from the crash-and-burn failure that many here thought he would be.

Mile High Mania
03-14-2012, 11:52 AM
Sure. It's pretty early in the game to crown him "Executive Of The Decade", but he's far from the crash-and-burn failure that many here thought he would be.

True, but it's early... let's see what happens with the Manning thing, that could blow up with an injury and then completely shoot the wheels off the organization. That's my lone fear with going all in on Manning.

listopencil
03-14-2012, 11:53 AM
There should be a tailgate party where people burn their Chiefs gear/old tickets/Scott Pioli effigies at Arrowhead. Then everyone should randomly walk around the parking lot dropping bubble gum wrappers.

People should also make signs that say stuff like: "Clark Hunt will NEVER raise the trophy that bears his father's name above his head."

I would put it as "Clark Hunt will NEVER raise the trophy that bear's his father's name."

Easy 6
03-14-2012, 11:54 AM
We're going to get force fed the same line of craps about how it has to be a match for both parties, and you can't just sign every FA you want, they have to be willing to come here too. At some point Pioli has to ask himself why are we always the willing party and can't get a top FA to "want" to come here.
Posted via Mobile Device

EXACTLY.

'yeah hey, its a two way street, if they'd rather play elsewhere for more money, what can we do?'

listopencil
03-14-2012, 11:55 AM
True, but it's early... let's see what happens with the Manning thing, that could blow up with an injury and then completely shoot the wheels off the organization. That's my lone fear with going all in on Manning.

Honestly, I'm not all in on the Manning deal. Lots of variables and lots of intangibles. But our FO is out there trying to get things done. They are identifying possible upgrades and working to get the team better.

Fat Elvis
03-14-2012, 11:57 AM
I would put it as "Clark Hunt will NEVER raise the trophy that bear's his father's name."

Point taken.

Coogs
03-14-2012, 11:59 AM
But our FO is out there trying to get things done. They are identifying possible upgrades and working to get the team better.

Proof?

Chiefnj2
03-14-2012, 12:03 PM
Even the Buffalo Bills got Mario Williams in town immediately and he hasn't left yet. If Ralph Wilson can wine and dine one of the top free agents, there is no excuse why Clark can't get someone into town and get them signed.

listopencil
03-14-2012, 12:03 PM
Proof?

You don't think Manning is better than Tebow?

Coogs
03-14-2012, 12:06 PM

My bad! I keep thinking this is a Chiefs BB, not a Bronco's. Thought you were talking about the Chiefs.

listopencil
03-14-2012, 12:09 PM
My bad! I keep thinking this is a Chiefs BB, not a Bronco's. Thought you were talking about the Chiefs.

No big deal. I thought you were just weakly trying to troll me since it's a Bronco thread.

58-4ever
03-14-2012, 12:12 PM

I think every other starting QB in the NFL is better than Tebow. The guy is a 46 percent passer for Christs sake.

58-4ever
03-14-2012, 12:13 PM
No big deal. I thought you were just weakly trying to troll me since it's a Bronco thread.

Every thread is either directly or indirectly a Chiefs thread. Get off your high Donkey, horse face lover.

listopencil
03-14-2012, 12:16 PM
Every thread is either directly or indirectly a Chiefs thread. Get off your high Donkey, horse face lover.

Well no shit, dumbass. I guess some of you guys really need to work on your reading comprehension skills.

Mile High Mania
03-14-2012, 12:24 PM
Honestly, I'm not all in on the Manning deal. Lots of variables and lots of intangibles. But our FO is out there trying to get things done. They are identifying possible upgrades and working to get the team better.

True ... I just look at history and while (if healthy), Manning provides a unique opportunity for teams ... the history of teams signing a top QB like this for a SB run doesn't work.

I'd like to see if Tebow can be that guy for Denver for the next 10 years, but we may be beyond that at this point. So, if Manning goes elsewhere and they've destroyed things with Tebow in the process, then Elway looks foolish and becomes 'that guy' that he hated so much as a player.