PDA

View Full Version : Football Chargers re-sign Gaither

ChiefsandO'sfan
03-14-2012, 11:20 AM
Jared Gaither‏@JaredGaither_78Reply
Retweet

IM GOING GOING BACK BACK TO CALI CALI DAYGO WATUP....#BOLTUP

Adam Caplan‏@caplannfl

Chargers announced OT Jared Gaither reached a four-year deal to re-sign with the team.

Okie_Apparition
03-14-2012, 11:25 AM
Make weekly manicures part of the contract
those hangnails can be monsterously painful

Dicky McElephant
03-14-2012, 11:28 AM
Thanks Haley.

ChiefsandO'sfan
03-14-2012, 11:29 AM
Thanks Haley.

Pioli cut him.

Dicky McElephant
03-14-2012, 11:30 AM
Pioli cut him.

Fuck both of them.

ChiefsandO'sfan
03-14-2012, 11:30 AM
**** both of them.

Agreed

Thig Lyfe
03-14-2012, 11:31 AM
Jared Gaither‏@JaredGaither_78Reply
Retweet

IM GOING GOING BACK BACK TO CALI CALI DAYGO WATUP....#BOLTUP

Racist.

chiefzilla1501
03-14-2012, 11:41 AM
I could give a shit. I dont' have any faith that he'll put consistent effort to be worth a long-term investment.

carlos3652
03-14-2012, 11:43 AM
Who would you rather have - Albert or Gaither at LT - cause he won't play RT

suds79
03-14-2012, 11:44 AM
Who would you rather have - Albert or Gaither at LT - cause he won't play RT

Gaither is a LT and a really good young one. That's fine.

Would Albert play RT?

Would have been nice to keep Gaither obviously.

Easy 6
03-14-2012, 11:48 AM
That lazy sack of shit simply didnt want to be here, **** him.

carlos3652
03-14-2012, 11:50 AM
Gaither is a LT and a really good young one. That's fine.

Would Albert play RT?

Would have been nice to keep Gaither obviously.

Again, if you had to pay starting money to one, and let the other one walk... who would you keep - Albert or Gaither... and in my opinion, thats what we did..

suds79
03-14-2012, 11:58 AM
Again, if you had to pay starting money to one, and let the other one walk... who would you keep - Albert or Gaither... and in my opinion, thats what we did..

Agreed.

I suppose it's the mis-evaluation is what I'm upset about.

If absolutely neither one of them are willing to try RT, it would have been nice to keep him as either a backup LT or potential starter.

I just don't see how he couldn't see the field then goes to SD to be one of the top rated LTs for his time there.

boogblaster
03-14-2012, 11:59 AM

in fairness .. if i owned a team and i wanted sumone to switch to any OL or DL .. they would do it or they can walk ......

Micjones
03-14-2012, 12:07 PM
Talk to me after he plays 12+ games next year.

qabbaan
03-14-2012, 12:18 PM
I don't think he wanted to be here, he looked as though he was tanking it.

Easy 6
03-14-2012, 12:21 PM
I don't think he wanted to be here, he looked as though he was tanking it.

Yep, he dogged his ass around here for a few bucks until he was able to move on.

T-post Tom
03-14-2012, 12:26 PM
Agreed.

I suppose it's the mis-evaluation is what I'm upset about.

If absolutely neither one of them are willing to try RT, it would have been nice to keep him as either a backup LT or potential starter.

I just don't see how he couldn't see the field then goes to SD to be one of the top rated LTs for his time there.

Effort. The Ravens & Chiefs couldn't get any him to perform on a consisent basis. He must have had a wake up call after the Chiefs cut him. It happens.

ChiefsandO'sfan
07-26-2012, 07:34 PM
Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl

RT @UTgehlken: Chargers tackle Jared Gaither has lower back iced by athletic trainers. Just carted off practice field.

The Mayor
07-26-2012, 07:36 PM
False start

rico
07-26-2012, 07:42 PM
Jackie and Jared, both Jackin' it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xhNneU5shTs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Marcellus
07-26-2012, 07:50 PM
Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl

RT @UTgehlken: Chargers tackle Jared Gaither has lower back iced by athletic trainers. Just carted off practice field.

First Waters holding out in NE and now this.
:hmmm:

chiefzilla1501
07-26-2012, 08:30 PM
People overreact to this one.

Maybe you don't trust KC to evaluate talent. But Baltimore is pretty damn good at it and they cut him even though they needed him.

I'm not going to get riled up because he played well in a few games with his back completely to the wall.

Bump
07-26-2012, 08:38 PM
ya, fuck Todd Haley piece of shit

Bump
07-26-2012, 08:38 PM
People overreact to this one.

Maybe you don't trust KC to evaluate talent. But Baltimore is pretty damn good at it and they cut him even though they needed him.

I'm not going to get riled up because he played well in a few games with his back completely to the wall.

well now I trust KC minus Pioli. I trust Romeo basically, lol. The fact that Pioli cant let Cassel go, says it all for me.

philfree
07-26-2012, 08:43 PM
Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl

Yeah I bet nobody saw that coming. LOL I can't believe we let this guy walk.

Mr. Laz
07-26-2012, 08:55 PM
well now I trust KC minus Pioli. I trust Romeo basically, lol. The fact that Pioli cant let Cassel go, says it all for me.

Pioli IS the chiefs ... there is no trusting KC without trusting Pioli.

:facepalm:

ChiefsandO'sfan
07-26-2012, 08:56 PM
Pioli IS the chiefs ... there is no trusting KC without trusting Pioli.

:facepalm:

Stop saying Palko was on haley then.

-King-
07-26-2012, 09:08 PM
Stop saying Palko was on haley then.

He was. Coaches make line up decisions. Haley chose to start Palko 4 times.
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiefsandO'sfan
07-26-2012, 09:10 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Pioli thought he was the best back up so Haley played him.

Kent Babb ‏@kentbabb

Backup QB in Pioli/Cassel's four seasons: 09 Croyle, 10 Croyle, 11 Palko (!!!), 12 Quinn. It's hard to take that seriously as competition.

JASONSAUTO
07-26-2012, 09:10 PM

yeah Pioli had tons of connections with palko
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiefsandO'sfan
07-26-2012, 09:11 PM
yeah Pioli had tons of connections with palko
Posted via Mobile Device

Haley didn't have one do we need to go over this again?

BossChief
07-26-2012, 09:18 PM
Haley didn't have one do we need to go over this again?

Palko was Larry Fitzgeralds quarterback at Pitt.

Fitz spoke up for him to Haley.

ChiefsandO'sfan
07-26-2012, 09:23 PM

Arizona Cardinals

After spending the 2008 NFL season out of football, Palko was signed to a future contract by the Arizona Cardinals on December 30, 2008. He was waived on September 4, 2009.

Ok that got Palko in the door and ken whisenhunt and the GM signed him to a Future contract which means when he could report Haley was long gone.
2009 Palko was cut in preseason if Haley liked him that much don't you think he would of signed him in 2009.........

JASONSAUTO
07-26-2012, 09:24 PM

This
Posted via Mobile Device

Urc Burry
07-26-2012, 09:41 PM
Arizona Cardinals

After spending the 2008 NFL season out of football, Palko was signed to a future contract by the Arizona Cardinals on December 30, 2008. He was waived on September 4, 2009.

Ok that got Palko in the door and ken whisenhunt and the GM signed him to a Future contract which means when he could report Haley was long gone.
2009 Palko was cut in preseason if Haley liked him that much don't you think he would of signed him in 2009.........
We brought in Cassel and Guiterrez and already had Croyle on the roster. The Cards signed Palko when Haley was with them. And was cut before the season after Haley was gone. Palko is a Pittsburgh boy, that is all you need to know. It's common sense that Palko is all on Haley

-King-
07-26-2012, 09:42 PM

Kent Babb ‏@kentbabb

Backup QB in Pioli/Cassel's four seasons: 09 Croyle, 10 Croyle, 11 Palko (!!!), 12 Quinn. It's hard to take that seriously as competition.

There was a reason Palko suddenly became the 3rd QB once Haley was fired.

chiefzilla1501
07-26-2012, 09:48 PM
We brought in Cassel and Guiterrez and already had Croyle on the roster. The Cards signed Palko when Haley was with them. And was cut before the season after Haley was gone. Palko is a Pittsburgh boy, that is all you need to know. It's common sense that Palko is all on Haley

That's total bullshit.

Scott Pioli is the General Manager. All he has to do is put a 4th QB on the roster and force Haley to make a decision. If Pioli gives Haley 4 good QBs and Haley STILL keeps Palko, then that's on Haley. But in 3 years, Pioli never did that, unless you count Croyle (who I don't think is even in the league anymore).

Urc Burry
07-26-2012, 09:59 PM
That's total bullshit.

Scott Pioli is the General Manager. All he has to do is put a 4th QB on the roster and force Haley to make a decision. If Pioli gives Haley 4 good QBs and Haley STILL keeps Palko, then that's on Haley. But in 3 years, Pioli never did that, unless you count Croyle (who I don't think is even in the league anymore).

Have you seen our '09 roster? We weren't exactly a competing team. He brought in two QB's, one already named the long term starter. It takes years to build depth,and that should be pretty fucking obvious. I hate how we still don't have a decent QB (praying for Stanzi to pan out) but expecting him to being in 3 new "good" QB's is one offseason is ridiculous

BossChief
07-26-2012, 10:17 PM
Arizona Cardinals

I was talking about college, smart guy.

Interesting fact:

Kris "bigfoot" Wilson was the tight end for that Pitt team.

Carl Peterson desperately wanted a wide receiver that year, but none of the ones he liked fell so we took Bigfoot with hope of using him in two tight end sets.

Carl Peterson: the failed innovator.

chiefzilla1501
07-26-2012, 10:20 PM
Have you seen our '09 roster? We weren't exactly a competing team. He brought in two QB's, one already named the long term starter. It takes years to build depth,and that should be pretty ****ing obvious. I hate how we still don't have a decent QB (praying for Stanzi to pan out) but expecting him to being in 3 new "good" QB's is one offseason is ridiculous

I am talking about how in three years, Pioli didn't do anything outside of Cassel to address the QB position. I get that there weren't a lot of great QB options available better than Cassel. But there is ZERO excuse for not bringing in a backup better than Tyler Palko. In 3 years.

Urc Burry
07-26-2012, 10:43 PM
I am talking about how in three years, Pioli didn't do anything outside of Cassel to address the QB position. I get that there weren't a lot of great QB options available better than Cassel. But there is ZERO excuse for not bringing in a backup better than Tyler Palko. In 3 years.

You act like good QB's grow on trees. Even after Cassel's 2010 season he drafted Stanzi. He let Haley have his pick and Haley thought Palko was more ready to lead a team to victory. Who do teams like the Falcons have as QB depth? The jets? Ravens? Bucs? I can go on and on, there just isn't a good market for QB's

chiefzilla1501
07-26-2012, 10:54 PM
You act like good QB's grow on trees. Even after Cassel's 2010 season he drafted Stanzi. He let Haley have his pick and Haley thought Palko was more ready to lead a team to victory. Who do teams like the Falcons have as QB depth? The jets? Ravens? Bucs? I can go on and on, there just isn't a good market for QB's

There is a market rich in backup QBs.

You can't make excuses for this one. For 2 years, Pioli chose to have a roster stacked with two backups who aren't even going to be 3rd stringers on a roster this season. Let that sink in.

There is zero excuse for having 2 seasons where the best backup QB option was either Brodie Croyle or Tyler Palko. None.

mdstu
07-26-2012, 11:14 PM
There is a market rich in backup QBs.

You can't make excuses for this one. For 2 years, Pioli chose to have a roster stacked with two backups who aren't even going to be 3rd stringers on a roster this season. Let that sink in.

There is zero excuse for having 2 seasons where the best backup QB option was either Brodie Croyle or Tyler Palko. None.

The only thing dumber than this is going into a season with Croyle as the starter and Huard as the back up. FML

KC Tattoo
07-27-2012, 01:34 AM
Pioli is the executive decision maker here, players don't get signed or cut without his approval. There for imo it's all on Pioli he is the guy who hired Haley and of that we had to bloody watch Palko. The problem I had for letting Gaither go was the lack of depth we had last year along the line plus Richardson. I can give a fuck less about what happens to Gaither at Chargers, he reminds me much of Kyle Turley with his back problems and being hailed as great at the same time. We don't need him for long term solution.

-King-
07-29-2012, 09:24 AM
Jared Gaitherís camp off to a rough start

Posted by Josh Alper on July 29, 2012, 8:44 AM EDT

The Chargers have held three practices during training camp and left tackle Jared Gaither has dealt with injuries during two of them.

Gaither was carted off the field with cramps during Thursdayís opening workout and he missed all of Saturdayís work with muscle spasms. According to Michael Gehlken of the San Diego Union Tribune, the Chargers feel that the two injuries are unrelated and that Gaitherís status is day-to-day going forward.

ďIt was completely different,Ē coach Norv Turner said. ďHeís a big, tall guy. He was lifting this morning, and he just kind of turned, and heís got some muscle spasms. Iím confident itís a day-to-day thing.Ē

Gaither joined the Chargers after getting cut by the Chiefs last season and San Diego signed him to a four-year contract in March. Back problems helped cause his departure from Baltimore after the 2010 season. Mario Henderson, who didnít play in 2011 after showing up to Raiders camp out of shape, has stepped in for Gaither.

That underscores how crucial a healthy Gaither is for the Chargers this season. They havenít gotten one yet and they may have to scramble for further help if Gaither canít start staying on the field for two consecutive days.

the Talking Can
07-29-2012, 09:33 AM
gaither is a pussy

Von Dumbass
08-09-2012, 08:08 AM
Jared Gaither still not practicing at Chargers camp

Chargers left tackle Jared Gaither was unable to practice in late July due to spasms and cramps in his back. The team deemed Gaither “day to day” then, but it’s nearing the middle of August and Gaither still isn’t practicing.

On Wednesday evening, the Chargers announced the signings of offensive tackle Anthony Davis and Michael Toudouze. They waived defensive tackle John Cullen and waived/injured H-back Patrick Doyle.

Michael Gehlken of the Union-Tribune San Diego confirms that Gaither’s back is “healing slower than the Chargers hoped.” Gaither will not play in the Chargers’ exhibition opener, and “there is some doubt” about his availability for the second week of the preseason.

It’s time for the Chargers to start worrying about Gaither, and the addition of two offensive tackles suggests they probably already are. This is not the first series of back problems for Gaither. San Diego signed Gaither to a four-year, $24.6 million contract in March. $13.5 million of that deal was guaranteed, including an $8 million signing bonus.

For now, undrafted rookie Mike Harris out of UCLA is practicing as the Chargers’ first-team left tackle. Harris, who ran a 5.58 forty-yard dash at the Bruins’ Pro Day, played right tackle in college.

Hopefully, Rivers makes it through tonight’s possession or two against the Packers unscathed.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/09/jared-gaither-still-not-practicing-at-chargers-camp/

durtyrute
08-09-2012, 08:12 AM
http://flamesnation.ca/uploads/Image/nelson-haha.gif

CoMoChief
08-09-2012, 08:20 AM
I had high hopes when we signed this guy. Can't make the club in the tub though.

durtyrute
08-09-2012, 08:22 AM
I was actually pissed when we let him go and this is sweet justice.....kinda.

Dave Lane
08-09-2012, 08:26 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Bullshit. Pioli told Haley no Stanzi year 1. And from the looks of Stanzi at training camp it might have been the right move.

Buck
08-09-2012, 08:26 AM
I was actually pissed when we let him go and this is sweet justice.....kinda.

What is your definition of justice?

jspchief
08-09-2012, 08:30 AM
This thread needs the Phyllis Rivers worst ever gif.

durtyrute
08-09-2012, 08:41 AM
What is your definition of justice?

it's FUCK YOU DOLT FAN that's what it is.

J/K.....I wrote justice and then realized that it wasn't really justice, that's why I came back and put kinda.

-King-
08-09-2012, 09:12 AM
Bullshit. Pioli told Haley no Stanzi year 1. And from the looks of Stanzi at training camp it might have been the right move.

So why was Stanzi the backup Qb when Crennel stepped in?
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiefsandO'sfan
08-09-2012, 09:14 AM
So why was Stanzi the backup Qb when Crennel stepped in?
Posted via Mobile Device

What are you gonna say when stanzi is the 3 rd qb this year?

-King-
08-09-2012, 09:20 AM
What are you gonna say when stanzi is the 3 rd qb this year?

That he sucks.

Im not a Stanzi homer. I know he's probably not starting Qb material. But he's Joe Montana compared to Tyler Palko.
Posted via Mobile Device

sedated
08-09-2012, 09:21 AM
Chiefs fans know from the Kyle Turley days that back problems can ruin an offensive lineman.

Even if he comes back somewhat soon, Rivers has to make it through the preseason games. And its anyone’s guess if Gaither can make it through 16 games.

Von Dumbass
08-09-2012, 09:24 AM
The Chargers have MAJOR issues on the OL. They had issues on the OL last year as well and that was part of the reason why Rivers had such a bad season last year. The Chargers just might have the worst OL in football.

ChiefGator
08-09-2012, 11:52 AM
San Diego signed Gaither to a four-year, $24.6 million contract in March. $13.5 million of that deal was guaranteed, including an $8 million signing bonus.

Woah! I hadn't heard the details on the contract. That is a pretty crazy contract to give to someone who can't stay healthy.