PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Carr signing with Dallas

Pages : 1 [2]

BigChiefFan
03-14-2012, 08:19 PM
The best teams reach a point where they have to let legitimate talent walk due to cap contraints and because they draft well. I think the Chiefs are hitting that point.

:rolleyes:

Chiefaholic
03-14-2012, 08:24 PM
Excellent player, home-grown, great guy in the community.....

And we let him walk even though we will once again have tens of millions available under the cap.

I'm not picking on you in particular, just those with this same opinion in general. Some people just ASSUME that every player we draft must have been a Chief fan growing up and wouldn't prefer to play for a different franchise. Brandon Carr grew up a Cowboy fan, Donnie Edwards grew up a Charger fan... Both of these guys played their asses off for KC under their rookie contracts, then took the opportunity to showcase their skills to their favorite team when they became free agents. I don't blame Carr or Pioli if his preference was to test free agency and see if his team he grew up watching wanted him on their roster. Good for Carr and I wish him the best of luck.

Blick
03-14-2012, 08:31 PM
Never thought Carr was as good as others thought.

Plus, it's stupid to pay that much money to a corner with the way rules favor offenses now.

I wanted to keep him, but Routt will be fine if Romeo is aggressive with the pass rush.

ChiefRocka
03-14-2012, 09:05 PM
Routt + Hillis > Carr

O.city
03-14-2012, 09:07 PM
Routt + Hillis > Carr

Nope, to balance that equation gonna have to go

Routt+Hillis+Winston+Boss+Tolbert>Carr.

Rain Man
03-14-2012, 09:08 PM
F**kitty f**k f**k. I like good cornerbacks.

milkman
03-14-2012, 09:09 PM
Never thought Carr was as good as others thought.

Plus, it's stupid to pay that much money to a corner with the way rules favor offenses now.

I wanted to keep him, but Routt will be fine if Romeo is aggressive with the pass rush.

The best defense against offense in today's NFL is to get after the QB, and cover the receivers.

With the way the game has evolved given the rules, stopping the run has taken far less importance.

If you have cover corners that force the QB to hold the ball just that second longer, it can be a huge difference.

The fact is, corners, like QBs, have become more valuable in today's game.

milkman
03-14-2012, 09:10 PM
Oh, and Blick, as it relates to Carr, you're wrong.

He was every bit as good as others thought.

O.city
03-14-2012, 09:11 PM
The best defense against offense in today's NFL is to get after the QB, and cover the receivers.

With the way the game has evolved given the rules, stopping the run has taken far less importance.

If you have cover corners that force the QB to hold the ball just that second longer, it can be a huge difference.

Thats probably true.

Although I would argue that pass rushers are more important than Corners.

milkman
03-14-2012, 09:14 PM
Thats probably true.

Although I would argue that pass rushers are more important than Corners.

I have always argued that pass rushers are more important than corners.

I used to argue, though, that corners were overvalued.

I don't believe that to be true any longer.

O.city
03-14-2012, 09:16 PM
I have always argued that pass rushers are more important than corners.

I used to argue, though, that corners were overvalued.

I don't believe that to be true any longer.

Yep. I don't think they are overvalued at all.

That being said, wiht the rules and the athleticism of wr's, corners can only cover for so long.

O.city
03-14-2012, 09:16 PM
If the Chiefs decided to load up on Passrushers the way of the Giants, I woudln't be upset at all.

Blick
03-14-2012, 11:45 PM

The best way to play defense has always been to put the QB on his back.

I'll stick to my opinion on Carr. With the way this place feels about certain players (see Hali's potential move to OLB), I have no problem being in the minority.

BossChief
03-14-2012, 11:50 PM
I'm just glad he didn't go to Denver.

philfree
03-15-2012, 12:03 AM
Baby they done stole our Carr
Now He's gonna wear a star
I said they done stole our Carr
But they over paid

Beep Beep Be-beep yeah

Phobia
03-15-2012, 12:11 AM
5 years 50.1 million dollars.

The funny part of that was I posted yesterday when the news was that they were in the 7/year ball park was that we should play Dave Hester in this and bump the bid till it's over 10 million at minimum if we are gonna let him walk.

That makes Dallas pay more and helps your former player get what he deserves (even if you aren't willing to give him that)

Then, the deal is announced and he gets 50.1

ROFL

Sometimes, I wonder if they read my posts.

I think they definitely do. In fact, most GM's check here and scan your posts to see if you've weighed in on any player with whom they are in negotiations. I've tracked the IP's to 27 NFL front offices and noticed their search history. They're always looking for your ideas.

OnTheWarpath58
03-15-2012, 07:01 AM

Finally, someone brings this excellent point to the table.

What modest passrush we had, was in part to Carr and Flowers having their guys on lockdown.

I absolutely see a downturn in the passrush this year - at least as the roster is set up right now.

KCUnited
03-15-2012, 07:09 AM
Corners are of the utmost importance in the Trent Dilfer/#1 Defense in the league path we're attempting to take to the Super Bowl.

warrior
03-15-2012, 07:50 AM

Well said Mr Milkman couldn't agree more, chiefs should have tried to keep Carr months ago.

boogblaster
03-15-2012, 08:59 AM
damit damit damit .....

O.city
03-15-2012, 09:01 AM
Wouldn't b e upset if we target some pass rushers this draft or offseason.

Count Zarth
03-15-2012, 09:03 AM
I absolutely see a downturn in the passrush this year - at least as the roster is set up right now.

I don't.

Hali will continue to be a beast and Houston/Bailey and are only going to get better. Hopefully Gilberry returns to form.

Houston played like a top 5 OLB the second half of the season.

In any case, the improvement of guys like Houston and Bailey is going to contribute a lot more to the pass rush than not having Carr.

Inmem58
03-15-2012, 09:06 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/aabdcc19-0572-66da.jpg

It's a sad day, he posted this on FB

Brock
03-15-2012, 09:07 AM
I like Carr, we all do, yeah yeah. Let's quit acting like he was the best player in the secondary.

philfree
03-15-2012, 09:09 AM

What modest passrush we had, was in part to Carr and Flowers having their guys on lockdown.

Because Carr is so much better then Routt?

Stats don't tell the whole story but these two guys had almost indentical stats in 2011.

-King-
03-15-2012, 09:41 AM
I think they definitely do. In fact, most GM's check here and scan your posts to see if you've weighed in on any player with whom they are in negotiations. I've tracked the IP's to 27 NFL front offices and noticed their search history. They're always looking for your ideas.

LMAOLMAO

mcaj22
03-15-2012, 10:40 AM
we could have certainly afforded this, especially the way this team doesnt spend. 2013 you have to spend 90% of your cap anyway, so you just front load it all then and the rest of the contract plays out like a Standford Routt anyway.

2012: $1.2 million
2013: $14.3 million
2014: $7.5 million
2015: $8 million
2016: $9.1 million

Pestilence
03-15-2012, 11:08 AM
BCarr39 Uhhh no. RT @berro2104: @BCarr39 don't put on 39. Change your number

Mr. Laz
03-16-2012, 06:23 PM
Brandon Carr gets $25.5 million fully guaranteed

Posted by Mike Florio on March 16, 2012, 7:20 PM EDT

Getty Images
The contract given by the Rams to cornerback Cortland Finnegan pays him $24 million fully guaranteed on signing. With $3 million in 2014 salary becoming fully guaranteed within days after the next Super Bowl, some would say that, as a practical matter, Finnegan has $27 million fully guaranteed.

And to the extent anyone doesnít think agents have oversized antennae when it comes to apples-to-apples contractual comparisons, the fully guaranteed money paid to cornerback Brandon Carr by the Cowboys precisely splits the difference between $24 million and $27 million.

A source with knowledge of the situation tells PFT that Carr will receive $25.5 million in fully guaranteed money from the Cowboys. The payment comes from a $10 million signing bonus, a fully-guaranteed $1.2 million base salary in 2012, and a whopping ó and fully guaranteed ó base salary of $14.3 million in 2013. (Itíll make Carrís cap number $16.3 million in 2013; donít be surprised if he restructures next year to convert large chunk of that salary to a signing bonus and drive the cap number down.)

Also, $1 million of Carrís base salary for 2014 is guaranteed for injury only on signing, and it becomes fully guaranteed on the first day of the 2014 league year. That would move the total guarantee to $26.5 million, just south of Finnegan.

The remainder of the payments to Carr under the five-year, $50.1 million contract (which barely passes Finneganís total value of five years and $50 million) comes from base salaries of $7.5 million, $8 million, and $9.1 million in 2014, 2015, and 2016, respectively.

Both guys got paid, a lot. Some would say too much. But the proliferation of passing offenses requires defenses to beef up the two positions most likely to disrupt the act of throwing and catching the football ó defensive end and cornerback.

WhiteWhale
03-16-2012, 07:02 PM
Meh... I would have paid Carr.

Letting good CB's walk rather than pay them... that's just part of the Patriot way.

It's also partly why the patriots D can't stop anyone for about 4 years running....

BossChief
03-16-2012, 09:17 PM

Take a step back for just a second and answer me one question.

Do you think this team is better with Carr and Sabby OR Routt and Berry

Saying you expect the pass rush to take a step back is crazy talk.

BossChief
03-16-2012, 09:20 PM

One good joke deserves another.

-King-
03-16-2012, 09:40 PM
Meh... I would have paid Carr.

Letting good CB's walk rather than pay them... that's just part of the Patriot way.

It's also partly why the patriots D can't stop anyone for about 4 years running....

No.

Reaper16
03-16-2012, 09:41 PM
Take a step back for just a second and answer me one question.

Do you think this team is better with Carr and Sabby OR Routt and Berry

Saying you expect the pass rush to take a step back is crazy talk.
It's much better with Carr and Berry.

BossChief
03-16-2012, 10:02 PM
It's much better with Carr and Berry.

Of course. No question.

Im just responding to him saying he expects our pass rush to take a step back next year.

I bet we have a bunch more sacks next year.

Wouldnt be a bit surprised to see us in the top five in that.

ChiefsandO'sfan
04-01-2012, 10:06 AM
Brandon Carr vows Victor Cruz won’t dance against the Cowboys

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 1, 2012, 12:04 PM EDT

Getty Images
As the Cowboys’ new top cornerback, Brandon Carr already knows his assignment for Week One: Cover Giants receiver Victor Cruz.

Although Carr has never played against Cruz, he said on ESPN’s NFL Live that he knows exactly how to play the kind of physical coverage that will frustrate him.

“I want to use all my body. I’m six-foot, 200 pounds. I know he’s got to run through me to get wherever he’s running, so I’m going to be patient at the line. All that salsa dancing, that’s fine, but you’ve got to come through me,” Carr said, via the Dallas Morning News. “I don’t plan on seeing no dancing.”

Giants tight end Jake Ballard saw those comments and responded, “Good luck buddy.”

PunkinDrublic
04-01-2012, 10:19 AM
It makes me sick that he'll be playing for that moron Rob Ryan. I hate coaches that talk shit who can't back it up.

Mr. Laz
04-01-2012, 10:26 AM
Carr is no longer a Chief ... who gives a shit what he wants/does.

He refused to stay with the Chiefs because he grew a cowboy fan .... fuck him.

BossChief
04-01-2012, 10:29 AM
Interesting that he starts his tenure in Dallas by calling out a division receiver.

mcaj22
04-01-2012, 10:48 AM
Interesting that he starts his tenure in Dallas by calling out a division receiver.

i like how he now gets Darrelle Revis type media attention because he's now playing with dallas and not a market like KC

like how he clarifies that Tebow didnt victimized him and it was the other side lol

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hsSnEC_OzSI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

hometeam
04-01-2012, 10:52 AM
LOL skip is SUCH a douche

notorious
04-01-2012, 11:01 AM
If Carr plays half as good for Dallas as he did here, he will be a 5-time All-Pro.

The media can't wait to suck off a Dallas player..

chiefzilla1501
04-01-2012, 11:03 AM

He refused to stay with the Chiefs because he grew a cowboy fan .... **** him.

That is total horse shit.

He chose the Cowboys because they offered him money and the Chiefs didn't. Never was there any indication that the Chiefs offered anything even close to what Dallas did.

You can choose to support/not support KC's decision not to match. But I don't see any reason why fans should be anything but supportive of him. I dont' know a single person that would choose KC over Dallas in those circumstances.

The Bad Guy
04-01-2012, 11:25 AM

He refused to stay with the Chiefs because he grew a cowboy fan .... **** him.

Well that and about 10 extra million.

Chiefnj2
04-01-2012, 11:30 AM
Good for Carr. He's getting some attention he deserves and he got the money he never would get in KC.

Ugly Duck
04-01-2012, 12:09 PM
Chiefs came out ahead.... lost Carr but signed Stanford Routt...

Pasta Giant Meatball
04-01-2012, 12:43 PM
Chiefs came out ahead.... lost Carr but signed Stanford Routt...

....Eric Winston, Peyton Hillis, Kevin Boss

The Reighters lost Wimbley, Routt, and downgraded with a bunch of shit and don't have the luxury of early round draft picks.

-King-
04-01-2012, 01:14 PM
This won't end well for Carr.

I'm willing to bet anything that Routt has a better season than him.

MIAdragon
04-01-2012, 01:26 PM

id take that bet.

-King-
04-01-2012, 01:49 PM
id take that bet.

Do you know the WRs in that division? I'm really curious to see how Carr plays against #1 WRs for the majority of the year. Routt has been playing #1s and now will be playing predominantly against #2s. I can't see how Routt doesn't have a better year. Especially without the Raider penalty effect looming over him.

The Dawg
04-01-2012, 02:07 PM
I wish this was an April Fools joke. :deevee:

whoman69
04-01-2012, 02:24 PM
I wish this was an April Fools joke. :deevee:

It seems like a joke, and there were fools involved

evolve27
04-03-2012, 01:50 AM
Carr was beast for us. Life of the NFL, people move.

htismaqe
04-03-2012, 05:55 AM
That is total horse shit.

He chose the Cowboys because they offered him money and the Chiefs didn't. Never was there any indication that the Chiefs offered anything even close to what Dallas did.

You can choose to support/not support KC's decision not to match. But I don't see any reason why fans should be anything but supportive of him. I dont' know a single person that would choose KC over Dallas in those circumstances.

Carr said himself that he's wanted to be a Cowboy since he was a kid.

KC didn't want to pay him from all we can tell but it is a FACT that Carr said he wanted to be in Dallas all along...

ChiefsandO'sfan
04-03-2012, 02:29 PM
Jerry Jones says $50.1 million contract with Carr was retail price
NFL.com
Published: April 2, 2012 at 11:35 p.m.
Updated: April 3, 2012 at 03:55 p.m.

Everything's bigger in Texas. That includes salaries. But even Cowboys owner Jerry Jones thinks he might have overpaid when Dallas locked down former Kansas City Chiefs cornerback Brandon Carr to a long-term free-agent contract.

Mayock: Draft positional rankings

With pro days in the rearview mirror, Mike Mayock updates his positional rankings for the 2012 NFL Draft. More ...

"We know we overpaid to get Carr. Not overpay -- we paid retail," Jones said last week at the NFL meetings, according to the Cowboys' official website.

Carr's $50.1 million contract, of which roughly half is guaranteed, will keep him in a Cowboys uniform for the next five years. To put that in perspective, Jones originally purchased the Cowboys for $150 million in 1989.

In four years with the Chiefs, Carr accumulated 237 tackles and eight interceptions.

Brock
04-03-2012, 03:01 PM
Carr said himself that he's wanted to be a Cowboy since he was a kid.

KC didn't want to pay him from all we can tell but it is a FACT that Carr said he wanted to be in Dallas all along...

Who wouldn't rather play for Dallas?

Extra Point
04-03-2012, 03:27 PM

Who would want to pay as much as Dallas?

Brock
04-03-2012, 03:29 PM
Who would want to pay as much as Dallas?

Who makes as much money as Dallas?

htismaqe
04-03-2012, 03:30 PM

All things considered, I certainly don't blame him.

TEX
04-03-2012, 05:36 PM

You're on. Name it.

Marcellus
04-03-2012, 05:51 PM
You're on. Name it.

I tend to agree with King. First you would have to decide what you will base it on.

Its a hard position to judge. If you want to go by PFT rankings or whatever that could work.

BTW Carr has ranked lower then Routt every year by those type ranking statistics and Carr is going to a much tougher division.

suzzer99
04-03-2012, 06:46 PM
Must be fun for Carr to have the media actually know your name.

Setsuna
04-03-2012, 07:34 PM
id take that bet.

So would I.

rico
04-05-2012, 06:46 PM
So a little while ago I wandered over to a Dallas Cowboys to see what their take was on; Carr, Orton, Romo, etc. In the process I stumbled upon a thread titled, "Talked with Brandon Flowers's Father." Here is the link: http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232973

This is what the op was:

"Ran into him at the Home Depot parking lot. Saw a bunch of Cheif stuff on his truck, so i walked by getting ready to rub it in his face that we took their best corner.

Started off asking him if he was a cheif fan, then thats when he let me know who his Son was.

So i brought up the fact i was a cowboy fan, and that we took Brandon F's best best tandem. He said "yeah Carr is like family, him and Flowers are real tight and he wanted him to stay" Then thats when he said the "words", and we starting debating

He goes "Carr is good, but he is not a number 1 corner. Him and Jenkins play the right, so somebody is going to have to play left"....I said yeah Carr will..."he said nope, we put Carr on the left before and he got toasted, he couldn't handle it, hes a good number 2, that's why he looked so good"

Thats when i told him, "right or left does not matter....it only matters if a guy feels real uncomfortable(Asomugha) due to foot planting, or strongly favoring this right or left side" (he thinks it's because of number 1 WR's) I told him that even his own son, was fighting pleading for him to stay...and that the own fans

he goes "Yeah his son just wanted the Defense to stick together, and the fact they were cool" He also hinted(but not in so many words) that us fans "Don't see what goes on in practice and that he was covered up by a good defense or scheme"

Now he did say Carr is good, but believes the Cheifs made him look better...and that he is still young and green.

Also when the reports came out that we were about to sign him for 7-8 mil or whatever...he said thats BS..Carr had his eyes on 10 mil+ from jump, thats why Kansas wouldn't take him back....Pretty interesting (considering Finnegan supposedly set the bar)

I told him, we will see(i personally believe he's just pro Flowers, as he should be)"

Chiefaholic
04-05-2012, 07:19 PM
As much as I would have liked to see the Chiefs resign Carr, things worked out best for both parties. Had the Chiefs caved and given Carr 10+ million per, we might have missed out on Winston. Not because of the salary cap, but the nasty word we seem to hear every year... CASH. Cash as in signing bonus which comes directly from Hunts pocket. Plus, we could make better use of the remaining salary cap by offering extensions to several players who might hit the FA market next offseason. Signing Bowe long term (if he actually wants to play here) would be a good place to use up some of the remaining bonus money left over and give us some cap relief as well.

Carr, on the other hand, got a fat payday, gets to play for the team he grew up rooting for, and has the opportunity to show he can be a #1 CB as well.

Count Zarth
09-06-2012, 02:44 PM
Week 1 Brandon Carr PFF update:

-1.5 rating, -1.8 coverage rating, 4 catches allowed for 82 yards

PIOLI IS A GENIUS

TEX
09-06-2012, 02:51 PM

PIOLI IS A GENIUS

One was a pick play. How many TD's did he give up?

O.city
09-06-2012, 02:52 PM
He's a professional, should know how to switch on a pick play. Also, being it wasn't his man, he probably wasn't credited there.

He got burned badly once, when Eli overthrew the wr for a TD. Overall, his game wasn't as bad as those numbers show.

MahiMike
09-06-2012, 02:54 PM
Dallas looks like the Jets on D now. Sucks to see those great CB's playing for the Cowgirls.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-06-2012, 02:59 PM
I don't give a shit what anyone says, losing Carr was bad and will hurt.

TEX
09-06-2012, 03:01 PM
I don't give a shit what anyone says, losing Carr was bad and will hurt.

Exactly. The Chiefs are better with Carr than without.

TEX
09-06-2012, 03:04 PM
He's a professional, should know how to switch on a pick play. Also, being it wasn't his man, he probably wasn't credited there.

He got burned badly once, when Eli overthrew the wr for a TD. Overall, his game wasn't as bad as those numbers show.

He knew how to switch - he got tangled up. It was an awkward play. Yep, he had a pretty decent game.

O.city
09-06-2012, 03:05 PM
Carr didn't get tangled up, he was on the outside and when his guy, who set the pick, went inside he followed and didn't recover in time to cover whoever the Giants wr was that caught the ball.

TEX
09-06-2012, 03:08 PM
Carr didn't get tangled up, he was on the outside and when his guy, who set the pick, went inside he followed and didn't recover in time to cover whoever the Giants wr was that caught the ball.

I'm not talkinging about his feet. Perhaps I used the wrong discription. Seemd like he got caught up in the traffic of the paly. In any case - he played a better game than the numbers indicated - that was my point. Also, KC is better with him than without him.

O.city
09-06-2012, 03:09 PM
Had he played the game he played last night, as a Chief, would you all be this happy?

Carr never got caught up in traffic, he just didn't switch in time, it's a tough play.

L.A. Chieffan
09-06-2012, 03:12 PM

PIOLI IS A GENIUS

there were several dropped passes that would have made an impact on Carrs numbers as well. Manning couldve had a monster game with a couple of breaks.

L.A. Chieffan
09-06-2012, 03:13 PM
Routt will have a better ranking than Carr at the end of the season

bishop_74
All I want to know is who is going to post Tony Gonzales's stats on Monday so I can weep about how much I miss that guy... who's with me?

Pasta Giant Meatball
He was pretty meh last night, but still an upgrade over the trash they had last year.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-06-2012, 03:19 PM
Routt will have a better ranking than Carr at the end of the season

Really? You have another turd to back now too?

Detoxing
09-06-2012, 03:22 PM
He was pretty meh last night, but still an upgrade over the trash they had last year.

People keep saying this, but i don't see it.

He was one miss timed jump from having a great night, including a critical 3rd down PD in the 4th when the Giants were trying to mount their comeback.

O.city
09-06-2012, 03:23 PM
He was also a little off throw from giving up a fourth quarter TD to Hixon.

BigMeatballDave
09-06-2012, 03:25 PM
Women scorned...

:)

Nightfyre
09-06-2012, 03:26 PM
Carr's rating may suffer with the Cowboys. He is going up against number one receivers now and he has a schedule that will line him up against a lot of great receivers.
Giants (2x)
Eagles (2x)
Chicago (Marshall)
Baltimore (Boldin)
Carolina (Smith)
Atlanta (Jones/White)
Cincy (Green)
Pittsburgh (Wallace)
New Orleans (Colston)

And Washington (2x, Garcon/Moss) isn't a cakewalk either.

Pawnmower
09-06-2012, 03:26 PM
If we still had carr we would be in so much better shape...

O.city
09-06-2012, 03:28 PM
Carr will play better than he did last night, hes a good player.

However, like I said in another thread, if you can have a d get a few stops and slow down good offenses, with a productive offense, you can beat good teams.

Pasta Giant Meatball

He was one miss timed jump from having a great night, including a critical 3rd down PD in the 4th when the Giants were trying to mount their comeback.

I figured he'd man up on Cruz and slow him down. Instead was treated to Hixon making a few nice grabs over him.

TEX

Yep. That's the way I saw it as well.

O.city
09-06-2012, 03:30 PM
In the end, it doesn't matter. He's gone. Teams lose F/A's. It sucks cause he was home grown and we have some money, but gotta move on.

The Chargers gave up a Qb who went on to win a SB, and a RB who had a great year last year on a different team. It's in the past.

Chiefaholic
09-06-2012, 04:09 PM
In the end, it doesn't matter. He's gone. Teams lose F/A's. It sucks cause he was home grown and we have some money, but gotta move on.

The Chargers gave up a Qb who went on to win a SB, and a RB who had a great year last year on a different team. It's in the past.

Yep... You guys think the Texans wanted to let Winston walk? Not to mention Carr took the opportunity to play for the same team he grew up a fan of. I'm happy for the guy and wish him a long and healthy career in the NFL.

-King-
09-06-2012, 04:45 PM
Really? You have another turd to back now too?

Says the guy that doesn't even know what teams players are on.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ace Gunner
09-06-2012, 04:48 PM

Not sure which play you are referring. But wanted to mention;

The pic play they ran in front of him was embarrassing. That is something Carr has been poor with is recognizing pic play & bubble screens. He is not quick enough off the ball to disrupt those plays the way better DB's do it. it's a mental thing imo.

BigMeatballDave
09-06-2012, 04:56 PM
Says the guy that doesn't even know what teams players are on.
Posted via Mobile Device

LOL

jspchief
09-06-2012, 05:00 PM
Not sure which play you are referring. But wanted to mention;

The pic play they ran in front of him was embarrassing. That is something Carr has been poor with is recognizing pic play & bubble screens. He is not quick enough off the ball to disrupt those plays the way better DB's do it. it's a mental thing imo.

I don't get how you guys are putting that pick play on Carr. Carr was jamming his man at the line. The nickel was the guy that ran into it and took himself out of the play. That's not on Carr.

qabbaan
09-06-2012, 05:00 PM
"He didn't want to be here!!!!!"

Chiefnj2
09-06-2012, 05:12 PM
The Chargers gave up a Qb who went on to win a SB, and a RB who had a great year last year on a different team.

That worked well for them. We should definitely model ourselves after the Chargers. Maybe KC can bring in Turner in a few years and waste our prime years. Christ, if you're going to use an example use one that would support your position and not the exact opposite.

O.city
09-06-2012, 05:13 PM
I don't get how you guys are putting that pick play on Carr. Carr was jamming his man at the line. The nickel was the guy that ran into it and took himself out of the play. That's not on Carr.

Carr was not jamming his man at the line. His man ran free and set the pick.

jspchief
09-06-2012, 05:14 PM
Carr was not jamming his man at the line. His man ran free and set the pick.

No.

O.city
09-06-2012, 05:14 PM
That worked well for them. We should definitely model ourselves after the Chargers. Maybe KC can bring in Turner in a few years and waste our prime years. Christ, if you're going to use an example use one that would support your position and not the exact opposite.

My point was that teams lose free agents quit often. The Saints lost possibly their best olineman this offseason. Falcons lost their top tackler. Free agency happens. Lets move on.

O.city
09-06-2012, 05:15 PM
No.

Who's man set the pick?

jspchief
09-06-2012, 05:19 PM
Who's man set the pick?

Carr's man. The slot receiver came across and the nickelback ran into Carr and his man, at which point Carr released his guy and took after the guy running free.

The nickel got washed out and Carr tried to save the play.

The Bad Guy
09-06-2012, 05:19 PM

Yeah, what the fuck game was I watching if people thought he was 'meh'.

I thought he played a really good game against one of the best tandems in the NFL.

O.city
09-06-2012, 05:25 PM
Yeah, what the **** game was I watching if people thought he was 'meh'.

I thought he played a really good game against one of the best tandems in the NFL.

Some people are using it as a defense mechanism.

It's probably somewhere in the middle. He wasn't as bad as some are saying nor was he as good as some are saying.

He had an ok game. Got beat a few times, made a few plays. Overall, not bad.

OnTheWarpath58
09-06-2012, 05:27 PM
Yeah, what the fuck game was I watching if people thought he was 'meh'.

He did.

But as someone pointed out earlier, it's easier to turn him into a shit sandwich now that he plays for someone else.

The two plays he's getting blamed for weren't even his fault, IMO

The pick play has been discussed, and it appeared to me he was expecting safety help on the mis-timed jump play.

He did exactly what Dallas paid him to do last night.

The Bad Guy
09-06-2012, 05:27 PM
Some people are using it as a defense mechanism.

It's probably somewhere in the middle. He wasn't as bad as some are saying nor was he as good as some are saying.

He had an ok game. Got beat a few times, made a few plays. Overall, not bad.

That's the thing though. Those giving him a 'meh' designation are using a ridiculous criteria to evaluate him. Of course he's going to get beat a few times in the game against a passing offense like that. All corners get beat a few times a game. Overall, he had a really good game.

O.city
09-06-2012, 05:29 PM
He got flat beat for a td by Hixon one play, that was overthrown, misstimed and jump and had a pick play go bad. He was fine other than that.

jspchief
09-06-2012, 05:35 PM
That's the thing though. Those giving him a 'meh' designation are using a ridiculous criteria to evaluate him. Of course he's going to get beat a few times in the game against a passing offense like that. All corners get beat a few times a game. Overall, he had a really good game.

Dallas held NYG to what, 230 yards passing? I guarantee Cowboys fans are happy with their current CB situation.

The Bad Guy
09-06-2012, 05:38 PM
Dallas held NYG to what, 230 yards passing? I guarantee Cowboys fans are happy with their current CB situation.

I'd be thrilled if I were them. They finally can just throw 2 guys on an island and they know they won't have burn marks on their backs at the end of games.

O.city
09-06-2012, 05:39 PM
I'd be thrilled if I were them. They finally can just throw 2 guys on an island and they know they won't have burn marks on their backs at the end of games.

Exactly.

Now, I don't think they are shutdown guys the way Revis is, obviously. But you don't need that in a corner.

O.city
09-06-2012, 05:40 PM
Like I said, defense mechanism both ways. Some are using it to somewhat bash the front office for not signing the guy cause he had this great game last night and some are using it to keep themselves from feeling like the front office doesn't give a shit and just wants to save a dollar.

It's likely somewhere in the middle.

-King-
09-06-2012, 05:41 PM
No.

He's right. Carr wasn't jamming anyone at the line. Both him and the nickel corner were playing about 3-4 yards off.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Bad Guy
09-06-2012, 05:42 PM
Exactly.

Now, I don't think they are shutdown guys the way Revis is, obviously. But you don't need that in a corner.

Of course they aren't Revis caliber. But that's not the measuring stick. They just have to be better than the players they are covering, and they did that last night against 2 pretty good ones.

However, just because they aren't Revis doesn't mean they aren't really, really good players.

Bowser
09-06-2012, 05:44 PM
All I know for sure is that I'd feel a ton better about this game Sunday if we could matchup Flowers on White, Carr on Jones, and Routt on Gonzalez.

O.city
09-06-2012, 05:44 PM
Of course they aren't Revis caliber. But that's not the measuring stick. They just have to be better than the players they are covering, and they did that last night against 2 pretty good ones.

However, just because they aren't Revis doesn't mean they aren't really, really good players.

I'm not saying they are. He's far and away the best CB in the league.

But I also don't think they are guys who can take the best wr and completely shut him down for an entire game. I don't think we will see many if any CB's who can really do that again.

Chiefnj2
09-06-2012, 09:08 PM
So Manning is limited to 215 yards total passing and some people think Carr and Claiborne looked bad/poor/below average.

How much do you want to bet that if KC limits Ryan to 215 yards people will be bellowing that Routt/Brown/Daniels/Reeves/Arenas did a fantastic job shutting down the Falcons?

WV
09-06-2012, 09:25 PM
So Manning is limited to 215 yards total passing and some people think Carr and Claiborne looked bad/poor/below average.

How much do you want to bet that if KC limits Ryan to 215 yards people will be bellowing that Routt/Brown/Daniels/Reeves/Arenas did a fantastic job shutting down the Falcons?

Not saying they looked one way or another, but Eli's WR's didn't help his yardage numbers.

The Bad Guy
09-06-2012, 09:27 PM
I'm not saying they are. He's far and away the best CB in the league.

But I also don't think they are guys who can take the best wr and completely shut him down for an entire game. I don't think we will see many if any CB's who can really do that again.

We can agree to disagree.

DeezNutz
09-06-2012, 09:36 PM
Shocking. It's still a mistake that Carr was ever allowed to test the market.

*But he was ALWAYS going to Dallas*

Right. Thanks for the money, Jackson Countians.

mcaj22
09-06-2012, 10:03 PM
so when Bowe goes to whatever team he goes to this offseason is the argument going to be the same as it is now for Carr?

"Well Bowe always wanted to go to _____"

Is that our go to excuse to look at the glass half full when Pioli shits the bed on our homegrown talent testing FA?

-King-
09-06-2012, 10:05 PM
so when Bowe goes to whatever team he goes to this offseason is the argument going to be the same as it is now for Carr?

Is that our go to excuse to look at the glass half full when Pioli shits the bed on our homegrown talent testing FA?

50m for a #2 corner. Im good.
Posted via Mobile Device

Count Zarth
09-06-2012, 10:05 PM
We will need to pay Dexter after he catches 90 passes.

So we can't pay Bowe.

You don't pay 2 WRs 50m.

mcaj22
09-06-2012, 10:08 PM
50m for a #2 corner. Im good.
Posted via Mobile Device

that will be excuse #2. Dont want to pay 50m for Bowe and Baldwin!

BigMeatballDave
09-06-2012, 10:08 PM
What is the minimum amount that a team can be under next season?

-King-
09-06-2012, 10:11 PM
that will be excuse #2. Dont want to pay 50m for Bowe and Baldwin!
WRs > CBs
Posted via Mobile Device

mcaj22
09-06-2012, 10:32 PM
WRs > CBs
Posted via Mobile Device

lol no

mcaj22
09-06-2012, 10:34 PM
What is the minimum amount that a team can be under next season?

i thought it was 90 percent of the salary cap floor

aka why Pioli is paying Tyson Jackson 14 million next season so he doesnt have spend it on more FAs.

-King-
09-06-2012, 10:42 PM
lol no

The number of WRs vs. CBs drafted in the top 10/first rounds seems to disagree with you.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
09-06-2012, 10:43 PM
i thought it was 90 percent of the salary cap floor

aka why Pioli is paying Tyson Jackson 14 million next season so he doesnt have spend it on more FAs.ROFL if you actually believe that.
Posted via Mobile Device

patteeu
09-06-2012, 10:51 PM

Is it OK to have that opinion in some cases but not in others?

SNR
09-06-2012, 10:54 PM
Is it OK to have that opinion in some cases but not in others?
Bowe has said numerous times that he really wants to play in Kansas City. And I'll bet part of him is absolutely telling the truth... for the right price, of course.

There's no reason to believe that we can't afford Bowe. None whatsoever. Whether Pioli believes that or not is a different question.

SNR
09-06-2012, 10:56 PM
I'll betcha if Pioli would have extended Carr's contract last year instead of Flowers, Flowers would have eventually opted to take less money than his current deal and stay in Kansas City.

We also would have kept the sturdier of the two corners. Whether that makes him the better player or not has yet to be seen.

patteeu
09-06-2012, 11:07 PM
Bowe has said numerous times that he really wants to play in Kansas City. And I'll bet part of him is absolutely telling the truth... for the right price, of course.

There's no reason to believe that we can't afford Bowe. None whatsoever. Whether Pioli believes that or not is a different question.

My point was that we can have different opinions about each situation. We don't always have to blame Pioli for screwing things up and we don't always have to say that a player left because he didn't want to play in Kansas City.

BWillie
09-07-2012, 01:58 AM

The problem is, once you pay Bowe. He'll start showing up to training camp fat and downing his grandma's pills again. I just don't trust his character, he doesn't strike me as a guy that wants to be great. Obv. could be wrong, but that is just the vibe I get.

DaneMcCloud
09-07-2012, 02:06 AM
My point was that we can have different opinions about each situation. We don't always have to blame Pioli for screwing things up and we don't always have to say that a player left because he didn't want to play in Kansas City.

LMAO

DaneMcCloud
09-07-2012, 02:07 AM
just the vibe I get.

From what and where? Are you guys out partying?

I can assure you that's in direct contradiction to what I know about him. And while it's not much (family members and a few agents), it's probably more than your "vibe".

BWillie
09-07-2012, 02:09 AM
From what and where? Are you guys out partying?

I can assure you that's in direct contradiction to what I know about him. And while it's not much (family members and a few agents), it's probably more than your "vibe".

I certainly hope that is the case, would be nice to have a prime time receiver locked up for the long haul.

DaneMcCloud
09-07-2012, 02:15 AM
I certainly hope that is the case, would be nice to have a prime time receiver locked up for the long haul.

But doesn't that go against your "vibe"? What are you basing it on?

Not bashing, just interested.

Count Zarth
09-23-2012, 06:56 AM
PFF just came out with a press coverage stat.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/09/22/press-coverage/

So far Carr is among the leaders in success at press coverage this year.

Where are the idiots who said Carr could only play zone? Step up, buffoons.

http://i.imgur.com/kxIbL.jpg

Al Bundy
09-23-2012, 07:12 AM
We are going to work Carr over today in that hell hole.

Count Zarth
09-23-2012, 07:14 AM
Al, I hope Freeman keeps kicking ass for the Bucs.

I absolutely believe he will be a guy all Chiefs fans will regret not picking.

Planetman
09-23-2012, 07:14 AM
PFF just came out with a press coverage stat.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/09/22/press-coverage/

So far Carr is among the leaders in success at press coverage this year.

Where are the idiots who said Carr could only play zone? Step up, buffoons.

http://i.imgur.com/kxIbL.jpg
What a horrible sample size.

Count Zarth
09-23-2012, 07:15 AM
It's only a horrible sample size if you didn't watch the Chiefs the last three years.

Carr has always been good in press man.

This year will prove it with stats.

Planetman
09-23-2012, 07:17 AM
It's only a horrible sample size if you didn't watch the Chiefs the last three years.

Carr has always been good in press man.

This year will prove it with stats.
No, it's still a horrible sample size, although I never that Carr was inept at press coverage.

qabbaan
09-23-2012, 07:39 AM
We don't need him. Now we have Stanford Routt and a few more bucks we won't spent. Woot!

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-23-2012, 10:20 AM
OMGz HOW COULD WE LETZ DMITRI PATTERSON GO *jumps off cliff

Count Zarth
11-11-2012, 04:56 PM
Pick six for Carr just now.

Mother fuck you Scott Pioli.

Bowser
11-11-2012, 05:08 PM
Pioli has ripped this team up worse than what Josh McDaniels did to Denver. And that's saying something.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-11-2012, 05:21 PM
Pick six for Carr just now.

Mother fuck you Scott Pioli.

Thank GOD we got Rou-

Oh, wait...

Oh Snap
11-11-2012, 05:42 PM
meanwhile, we're $25 million UNDER the cap...FML

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-11-2012, 05:45 PM
meanwhile, we're $25 million UNDER the cap...FML

Need to save money for that next first-round 5-tec...

Oh Snap
11-11-2012, 05:52 PM
Need to save money for that next first-round 5-tec...

Carr wasn't even a Pioli pick. He is literally our own version Josh McDaniels. Except even McDaniels couldn't **** up the Broncos like Pioli has the Chiefs. BRB Getting rid of all our good players who Pioli did not personally hand pick!!!

Carr was a great player. He had great size and was incredibly talented. I liked him not only for his talent, but for the fact that he was a small time Division II player coming out of Grand Valley State. We finished the season last year with the Sixth ranked Pass defense, and it was entirely due to our excellent play at cornerback. Why the **** you allow this guy to go is beyond me...especially considering that we had the money to resign him.

**** you Scott Pioli!!! And FUCK the Patriot way!!!!

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-11-2012, 05:53 PM
Carr wasn't even a Pioli pick. He is literally our own version Josh McDaniels. Except even McDaniels couldn't **** up the Broncos like Pioli has the Chiefs. BRB Getting rid of all our good players who Pioli did not personally hand pick!!!

Carr was a great player. He had great size and was incredibly talented. I liked him not only for his talent, but for the fact that he was a small time Division II player coming out of Grand Valley State. We finished the season last year with the Sixth ranked Pass defense, and it was entirely due to our excellent play at cornerback. Why the **** you allow this guy to go is beyond me...especially considering that we had the money to resign him.

**** you Scott Pioli!!! And FUCK the Patriot way!!!!

Look how fast Dungver got rid of McDaniels. We need to follow suit.

Oh Snap
11-11-2012, 06:00 PM
Look how fast Dungver got rid of McDaniels. We need to follow suit.

http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/pioli.jpg

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-11-2012, 06:01 PM
"Oh my giant EGO is failing"!

Brock
11-11-2012, 06:06 PM
http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/pioli.jpg

http://www.mrpotatohead.net/music/devo.jpg

sedated
12-16-2012, 05:49 PM
UPDATE: Carr just won the game in OT for Dallas.

PRIEST
12-16-2012, 05:49 PM
Carr just won the game in OT for Dallas.

This :deevee:

Pablo
12-16-2012, 05:50 PM
Stanford Routt was a solid acquisition. Filled in nicely in Carr's absence.

Buehler445
Yes. Fuck Pioli in that goddamned smug ass motherfucking cocksucking face of his.

rabblerouser
UPDATE: Carr just won the game in OT for Dallas.

Good thing they signed Routt to replace him.

theelusiveeightrop
12-16-2012, 05:51 PM
Routt was part of the "53".

notorious
Perfect day. Team got embarassed and a good player that Pioliot let go wins another team the game.

Sweet Daddy Hate
"Ahh, we'll get by without him"/Dumbass True Fan

Agent V
12-16-2012, 05:52 PM
Fuck you, Pioli. Jesus fucking Christ. It hurts to watch.

sedated
Lets let Bowe and Albert walk next!

cdcox
Carr was too expensive.

Carr is the wrong 53.

Drafting a QB is too risky.

sedated
12-16-2012, 05:57 PM
Pioli will leak to the media that Carr was hoarding guns and had a drinking problem.

rabblerouser
12-16-2012, 06:22 PM
Lets let Bowe and Albert walk next!

you can almost bet that Bowe is gone, regardless.

KCwolf
12-16-2012, 06:31 PM
It's hard to be a Fan of this team

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-16-2012, 06:32 PM
It's hard to be a Fan of this team

Not anymore it ain't.

Von Dumbass
12-19-2012, 08:11 AM
NFC Defensive Player of Week 15: @dallascowboys CB Brandon Carr. Congrats @BCarr39https://twitter.com/RLiuNFL/status/281415164102864896

Pasta Giant Meatball
12-19-2012, 08:49 AM
Troll

TEX
12-19-2012, 09:41 AM
"Ahh, we'll get by without him"/Dumbass True Fan

Exactly - since Routt was so awesome.