PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Carr signing with Dallas

Pages : [1] 2

wazu
03-14-2012, 12:44 PM
Per @incarceratedbob:

**BREAKING NFL NEWS**Source: As #IBN reported y-day Brandon Carr & Cowboys real close -- Now the deal is #DONE Carr has signed in principle

Munson
03-14-2012, 12:45 PM
F*CK YOU PIOLI:mad:

MIAdragon
03-14-2012, 12:46 PM

see http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257305

Thig Lyfe
03-14-2012, 12:46 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lylgneAuzB1qkq6gw.gif

Deberg_1990
03-14-2012, 12:47 PM
Congrats. Solid signing.

carlos3652
I wont be upset until I know the contract #'s

-King-
Don't post Bob as confirmation. I don't know why people still follow him.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rausch
I'm ready to let this motherfucker walk...

dlphg9
Who the fuck follows this incarcerated bob jackass. He is wrong about everything.

SNR
I HATE PIOLI! I CAN'T FUCKING STAND(FORD) HIM!

Chiefspants
03-14-2012, 12:49 PM
Well, I'm sure it will happen eventually, but, this is the same guy who said Manning's signed with Denver two days ago.

dlphg9
03-14-2012, 12:50 PM
Also said Williams signed with Buffalo last night

KCDC
03-14-2012, 12:51 PM
We knew this would happen. Carr wanted the big money. Dallas would pay it. Pioli, to his credit, got Routt.

Bottom line: Small decrease in CB talent and we will get a 3rd or 4th round compensation pick for him in the draft

Dayze
03-14-2012, 12:52 PM
We knew this would happen. Carr wanted the big money. Dallas would pay it. Pioli, to his credit, got Routt.

Bottom line: Small decrease in CB talent and we will get a 3rd or 4th round compensation pick for him in the draft

dunno about that.

WV
03-14-2012, 12:52 PM
No reason to let him walk, but in the grand scheme of things I understand why. Just don't like it.

milkman
03-14-2012, 12:53 PM

Since Routt was considered a #1 corner for the Raiders last season, while most viewed Carr as a #2 for the Cheifs, there will be no compensatory pick.

58-4ever
03-14-2012, 12:54 PM
No reason to let him walk, but in the grand scheme of things I understand why. Just don't like it.

Why? If this is like 7 million a year (like they are speculating), I will go to Pioli's house and kick his dog. Ridiculous.

the Talking Can
03-14-2012, 12:54 PM

you came over from warpaint to post that?

-King-
03-14-2012, 12:55 PM
Since Routt was considered a #1 corner for the Raiders last season, while most viewed Carr as a #2 for the Cheifs, there will be no compensatory pick.

I thought comp picks were determined after the season? It wouldn't really make sense for them to be figured out now.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dayze
03-14-2012, 12:56 PM
I thought comp picks were determined after the season? It wouldn't really make sense for them to be figured out now.
Posted via Mobile Device

I believe this is correct.

WV
03-14-2012, 12:57 PM
Why? If this is like 7 million a year (like they are speculating), I will go to Pioli's house and kick his dog. Ridiculous.

I agree partially. The problem with paying Carr is the amount of money that would be tied up between 3 CB's. We have the cap space and most likely still will once FA is over (and that's annoying), but even still it is a little crazy to have that much invested in 3 CB's. I still agree that we should have resigned him instead of paying Routt shit, but it begs the question whether Carr even wanted to be here.

-King-
03-14-2012, 12:58 PM

He'll get more than that. Carlos Rogers got 7 a year and hes worse than Carr and 5 years older. Finnegan got 10 and hes worse and a year or two older than Carr. Carr will get 10+
Posted via Mobile Device

Fritz88
03-14-2012, 12:58 PM
He will get close to 9 per.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rausch
03-14-2012, 12:59 PM

http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/funny-gifs-angry-garbageman.gif

Cave Johnson
03-14-2012, 01:00 PM

Too late. Pioli summarily executed his dog, Snoop style, for having an accident in the house.

the Talking Can
03-14-2012, 01:00 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

In addition to the 32 picks in each round, there are a total of 32 picks awarded at the ends of Rounds 3 through 7. These picks, known as "compensatory picks," are awarded to teams that have lost more qualifying free agents than they gained the previous year in free agency. Teams that gain and lose the same number of players but lose higher-valued players than they gain also can be awarded a pick, but only in the seventh round, after the other compensatory picks. Compensatory picks cannot be traded, and the placement of the picks is determined by a proprietary formula based on the player's salary, playing time, and postseason honors with his new team, with salary being the primary factor. So, for example, a team that lost a linebacker who signed for $2.5 million per year in free agency might get a sixth-round compensatory pick, while a team that lost a wide receiver who signed for $5 million per year might receive a fourth-round pick.

If fewer than 32 such picks are awarded, the remaining picks are awarded in the order in which teams would pick in a hypothetical eighth round of the draft (These are known as "supplemental compensatory selections").

Compensatory picks are awarded each year at the NFL annual meeting which is held at the end of March; typically, about three or four weeks before the draft.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League_Draft#Compensatory_picks

patteeu
03-14-2012, 01:03 PM

We won't get much of a compensation pick, if any, if it's really only a small decrease in CB talent.

Reerun_KC
03-14-2012, 01:04 PM
Well Bye!

milkman
Posted via Mobile Device

That is part of it, yes.

The size of the contract plays a part as well.

At the end of the day, I think it comes out as a wash, because they'll measure Carr's production as a #1 in Dallas against Routt's production as a #2 in KC.

-King-
Compensatory picks cannot be traded, and the placement of the picks is determined by a proprietary formula based on the player's salary, playing time, and postseason honors with his new team, with salary being the primary factor. thought so. So since Carr is about to get a much bigger contract than Routt, we should get a good pick unless Routt has a monster year.

All this is assuming we don't sign many other quality players.
Posted via Mobile Device

sedated

Assuming, of course, that the news is true....this

Chiefnj2
03-14-2012, 01:05 PM
Comp picks are based on salary, playing time and postseason honors.

QuikSsurfer
03-14-2012, 01:06 PM
Peace dawg

KCUnited
03-14-2012, 01:06 PM
We had a fast Carr...

Messier
03-14-2012, 01:07 PM
Comp picks are based on salary, playing time and postseason honors.

Two big checks. He'll get paid, and he'll be their best CB, and be on the field all the time.

the Talking Can
03-14-2012, 01:09 PM
Nick Wright said he just got a text from Carr

"not a done deal...I'll let you know my next stop"

"leaving dallas without a contract"

ChiefsandO'sfan
03-14-2012, 01:10 PM
nick wright‏@getnickwright

SCOOP- Brandon Carr will be leaving Dallas without a contract.

BigRichard
03-14-2012, 01:11 PM
I thought I remember reading that since Routt was cut and not let to walk in free agency that he would not count against the picks we might get. The same would have been the case for Manning. I maybe talkin out my ass though.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-14-2012, 01:12 PM
nick wright‏@getnickwright

SCOOP- Brandon Carr will be leaving Dallas without a contract.

http://cocktails365.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/interdasting_re_50_weirdest_things_you_never_knew_about_sex-s685x567-142116.jpg

KCDC
03-14-2012, 01:15 PM

Fair point. Routt will be balanced against Carr, but I think Carr will score higher. So maybe we get a lower compensation pick.

We get credit for losing Carr and Orton, balanced against Routt and any other FAs we sign.

Bump
03-14-2012, 01:22 PM
fucking stupid. One thing most people don't think about is chemistry. This will hurt Kendrick Lewis too, they seemed to make a lot of plays together last season because they could trust where each other would be and what they would do. ALL OF THAT IS GONE NOW

It's time to let Pioli go, NEXT

ROYC75
03-14-2012, 01:24 PM
I thought I remember reading that since Routt was cut and not let to walk in free agency that he would not count against the picks we might get. The same would have been the case for Manning. I maybe talkin out my ass though.

You are correct.

Carlota69
03-14-2012, 01:27 PM
Shouldnt the title of this thread be changed? Carr is leaving Dallas without a contract and Dalls isnt reporting this to be true either. No one is. Thread very misleading.

eazyb81
03-14-2012, 01:28 PM
Good for Brandon. I'll miss him.

F#ck Scott Pioli. I truly can't stand him.

BigRichard
03-14-2012, 01:28 PM
Shouldnt the title of this thread be changed? Carr is leaving Dallas without a contract and Dalls isnt reporting this to be true either. No one is. Thread very misleading.

Agree. That Bob guy is a complete tool. See how much shit you have to throw before some sticks.

Detoxing
03-14-2012, 01:29 PM
If Carr is leaving Dallas w/o a contract, then he may really be trying to break the bank.

suds79
03-14-2012, 01:30 PM
If Carr is leaving Dallas w/o a contract, then he may really be trying to break the bank.

Ah why not enjoy the tour. Be wined & dined.

htismaqe
03-14-2012, 01:34 PM

Kind of what I thought...

58-4ever
03-14-2012, 01:35 PM
Combination of wanting to break the bank and enjoy the tour. That's what I think.

Messier
03-14-2012, 01:39 PM
Combination of wanting to break the bank and enjoy the tour. That's what I think.

Although, it's making me understand why he's not here. It sounds like he's asking for more than some are valuing him at.

warrior
03-14-2012, 01:40 PM
**** PI Hole for letting him reach FA

Hoover
03-14-2012, 01:42 PM
There is no way I'd advise my client to sign with the first team he visited unless they made an offer that he couldn't refuse.

Detoxing
Although, it's making me understand why he's not here. It sounds like he's asking for more than some are valuing him at.

That's what it's starting to sound like. It could just be that Carr is trying to reach that 10m a year plateau and Dallas can't really afford that.

What team out there is desperate for a CB that would pay him that much?

Nvm....you guys are going to say Denver. Don't.

wazu

Can't change the title so I updated it.

Sorry folks. Why would somebody throw darts about the goings on of Brandon Carr? Not exactly a report that is going to shake the foundations of the sports world.

carlos3652
03-14-2012, 01:43 PM

Well - He is the #1 CB in FA this year right? And he is looking to get paid... so normally an FA that is wanted by multiple teams doesn't sign right away if there are multiple contracts available...

He would use those to negotiate with the team he wants to end up with... kinda like asking - what is the most you are willing to pay me .. cause such and such is offering this... final offer?

Messier
03-14-2012, 01:47 PM
There is no way I'd advise my client to sign with the first team he visited unless they made an offer that he couldn't refuse.

Must be a lot of bad agents out there, because many players are signing with the first visit, or some without a visit at all. Don't know, but it sounds like Carr is doing what Mario Williams is doing, shopping around trying to get teams to out bid each other.

KILLER_CLOWN
03-14-2012, 01:48 PM
Must be a lot of bad agents out there, because many players are signing with the first visit, or some without a visit at all. Don't know, but it sounds like Carr is doing what Mario Williams is doing, shopping around trying to get teams to out bid each other.

Meyton Panning.

Messier
03-14-2012, 01:49 PM
Well - He is the #1 CB in FA this year right? And he is looking to get paid... so normally an FA that is wanted by multiple teams doesn't sign right away if there are multiple contracts available...

He would use those to negotiate with the team he wants to end up with... kinda like asking - what is the most you are willing to pay me .. cause such and such is offering this... final offer?
Yep, and it reaffirms what I thought. It was his wish to see what he could get on the open market.

ChiefsandO'sfan
03-14-2012, 01:53 PM
Sean Jensen‏@skjensenReply
Retweet

Favorite
Open

Wow RT @NFLCharean: Carr's contract is expected to be bigger than the five-year, $50 million deal that Cortland Finnegan signed with Rams

carlos3652
03-14-2012, 01:55 PM
Retweet

Favorite
Open

Wow RT @NFLCharean: Carr's contract is expected to be bigger than the five-year, $50 million deal that Cortland Finnegan signed with Rams

How is this shocking to anyone l

ChiefsandO'sfan
03-14-2012, 02:00 PM
Adam Schefter‏@AdamSchefterReply
Retweet

Favorite
Open

Cowboys sign CB Brandon Carr to a 5-year, $50.1 million deal.

Carlota69
03-14-2012, 02:01 PM
Retweet

Favorite
Open

Cowboys sign CB Brandon Carr to a 5-year, $50.1 million deal.
well bye...

Detoxing
03-14-2012, 02:01 PM
Retweet

Favorite
Open

Yeah, it'd be kinda hard for the Chiefs to justify that kinda salary.

eazyb81
03-14-2012, 02:04 PM
Yeah, it'd be kinda hard for the Chiefs to justify that kinda salary.

Why?

We're a bajillion under the cap, Clark Hunt is extremely wealthy, and it's not like we're signing a bunch of other free agents.

durtyrute
03-14-2012, 02:05 PM
What is Flowers making?

BigChiefFan
Retweet

Favorite
Open

Cowboys sign CB Brandon Carr to a 5-year, $50.1 million deal.Peanuts for a top tier CB.

We've been conditioned to be cheap, too because of the team's ways-they've lowered the bar and expectations...and most fall right in line.

TheGuardian
He was on his way back to KC when Dallas turned the money truck over.

I fucking hate the Cowboys too.

Messier
03-14-2012, 02:06 PM
Why?

We're a bajillion under the cap, Clark Hunt is extremely wealthy, and it's not like we're signing a bunch of other free agents.

I think it'd be dumb to pay that much to two CB's.

RINGLEADER
03-14-2012, 02:07 PM
Why?

That's the wrong way to look at it (even though correct).

Was Carr worth $3-4 mil per year more than Routt?

Messier
03-14-2012, 02:07 PM
Peanuts for a top tier CB.

We've been conditioned to be cheap, too because of the team's ways-they've lowered the bar and expectations...and most fall right in line.

Peanuts?

eazyb81
03-14-2012, 02:08 PM

Then you have the perfect mindset of a shitty NFL owner like Clark.

Don't spend money, embrace mediocrity, but keep raising ticket prices for the sheep.

RINGLEADER
And are we using that cap space to sign stud RT/RB/DT?

TheGuardian

That depends.

If losing Carr means we sign Winston, Tolbert, Soliai (however you spell his fucking name), and/or Flynn or someone else then no. He isn't. But if we don't upgrade with all that money left over then this was the dumbest shit ever.

BigChiefFan
03-14-2012, 02:09 PM
That depends.

If losing Carr means we sign Winston, Tolbert, Soliai (however you spell his ****ing name), and/or Flynn or someone else then no. He isn't. But if we don't upgrade with all that money left over then this was the dumbest shit ever.

Exactly. That's what I was saying earlier. If we don't add anybody worth a shit in FA, we've taken a step backwards and for no other reason than being cheap.

O.city
03-14-2012, 02:10 PM
Carr got essentially the same deal Flowers got.

If we had gave him that, how much would we have tied up in the secondary?

-King-
Peanuts for a top tier CB.

What the fuck world are you living in?

eazyb81

Probably yes on Carr vs. Routt.

But the overriding point is that the Chiefs will once again go into the season tens of millions under the cap despite NFL revenue sharing, and yet KC fans will continue to be expected to pay more for season tickets.

Clark has one hell of a business model.

Messier

Don't spend money, embrace mediocrity, but keep raising ticket prices for the sheep.

And you can GM the Eagles. They made CB the highest paid position on the team. Worked out great.

Micjones
03-14-2012, 02:11 PM
5 years, $50,000,000.

Can we get over him not re-signing now?

-King-

What the fuck?

DBOSHO
I cant blame pioli for not wanting to spend that much on a cornerback. i can however, if he doesnt spend it elsewhere.

eazyb81
03-14-2012, 02:12 PM
And you can GM the Eagles. They made CB the highest paid position on the team. Worked out great.

And how much worse would they have been if they had spent $30MM less on payroll like KC?

Not sure why you are trying to argue it is better to spend less money. It is a really stupid argument.

We should be at or near the salary cap every f'n year.

tk13
03-14-2012, 02:13 PM
Tough to see him go. He had a great year last year. At the same time, I thought it was stupid when Carl built the defense around Law and Surtain... so I can't argue with the idea. You don't build defenses around CBs. In fact, it's probably the least important position on defense. That's the one thing the Patriots do right.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigChiefFan
03-14-2012, 02:14 PM
What the **** world are you living in?

The one where every team plays under a HUGE SALARY CAP and even the teams that spend up to the limit, still make huge sums of profit every year.

dirk digler
That depends.

If losing Carr means we sign Winston, Tolbert, Soliai (however you spell his fucking name), and/or Flynn or someone else then no. He isn't. But if we don't upgrade with all that money left over then this was the dumbest shit ever.

I agree but I am not holding my breath that they will spend a lot of money to upgrade positions.

Chiefnj2
And are we using that cap space to sign stud RT/RB/DT?

That's the question.

-King-
The one where every team plays under a HUGE SALARY CAP and even the teams that spend up to the limit, still make huge sums of profit every year.

Is that the same world where you pay 10 million to a player who plays the least important position on defense?

O.city
03-14-2012, 02:15 PM
And how much worse would they have been if they had spent $30MM less on payroll like KC?

Not sure why you are trying to argue it is better to spend less money. It is a really stupid argument.

This.

I'm fine with not signing Carr for that money, but you have to spend it elsewhere. The fact taht this team can sit that much under the cap is bullshit.

-King-
03-14-2012, 02:16 PM
Basically, you guys are advocating overpaying just so we can say we took some money off the cap.

Wow, hope you guys don't have to manage budgets for your companies.

Just Passin' By
03-14-2012, 02:17 PM

That shitty mindset seems to be working for the Patriots, Steelers, Saints and Packers.

Hoover
03-14-2012, 02:18 PM
Carr got essentially the same deal Flowers got.

If we had gave him that, how much would we have tied up in the secondary?
yeah, and we will need to shell out huge money for Berry down the road. It's not that we would have had 100 million backfield, its that we would have had 100 million in CBs.

Reaper16
03-14-2012, 02:18 PM
That shitty mindset seems to be working for the Patriots, Steelers, Saints and Packers.
I think you glossed over the "embrace mediocrity" part of that post.

-King-
03-14-2012, 02:20 PM
LMAO I wonder how Nick Wright feels that his "friend" Brandon Carr lied to him.

Just Passin' By
03-14-2012, 02:21 PM
I think you glossed over the "embrace mediocrity" part of that post.

Probably because I was hung up on the complete stupidity of the idea that dropping $100 million for the two starting CBs alone was the way to go based upon the absurd notion that the money's there so it should be pissed away.

Then again, I don't see the Chiefs embracing mediocrity, because I see a bigger picture than just last year.

kcchiefsus
03-14-2012, 02:21 PM

Difference is they all have gamechangers at QB, we don't. This franchise will go another 20 years without a playoff win if we don't find a franchise quarterback.

qabbaan
03-14-2012, 02:22 PM
We want to build through the draft - and yet we watch a good young player at a premium position whom the team drafted - walk over about $3 million a year, when we are $30+ million under the cap.

That about cover it?

SNR
LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

Repeat after me:

WHEN YOU HAVE A FRANCHISE QB, THE TALENT YOU SURROUND THEM WITH DOESN'T MATTER NEARLY AS MUCH

Write this out 500 times until you get it through your head.

Then ask yourself if Matt Cassel is as good as Brady, Roethlisberger, Brees, or Rodgers.

Then kill yourself.

Micjones
Difference is they all have gamechangers at QB, we don't. This franchise will go another 20 years without a playoff win if we don't find a franchise quarterback.

So because they have franchise QB's...and we don't...
We should pay Carr what the 'Boys did?
:hmmm:

beer bacon
03-14-2012, 02:23 PM

It would be if you are planning to do something else with the money you save...

Just Passin' By
03-14-2012, 02:24 PM

The Chiefs have not been in position to take a franchise QB since Pioli came aboard, so your argument is meaningless.

BigChiefFan
03-14-2012, 02:24 PM
Probably because I was hung up on the complete stupidity of the idea that dropping $100 million for the two starting CBs alone was the way to go based upon the absurd notion that the money's there so it should be pissed away.

Nobody has said that or even remotely close it it. You've surmized something that never took place.

What was said is IF we don't spend the money on some other quality FAs and we let him walk, we took a step backwards.

Messier
03-14-2012, 02:25 PM

I'm not saying it's better to spend less money, I'm saying having two CB's making around 10 million is not really making you better. Take that money and spend it on a pass rusher, or O-line, or QB.

go bowe
LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

Repeat after me:

WHEN YOU HAVE A FRANCHISE QB, THE TALENT YOU SURROUND THEM WITH DOESN'T MATTER NEARLY AS MUCH

Then ask yourself if Matt Cassel is as good as Brady, Roethlisberger, Brees, or Rodgers.

Then kill yourself.

sheeeeee-it, matt castgle is da besgtest evar!!!!!!11!!!!!

htismaqe
So because they have franchise QB's...and we don't...
We should pay Carr what the 'Boys did?
:hmmm:

I can't say it would be a good idea to pay BOTH Carr AND Flowers.

But Carr is ABSOLUTELY worth what he got from the Cowboys.

If given the choice, I personally feel the Chiefs locked up the wrong guy.

qabbaan
yeah, and we will need to shell out huge money for Berry down the road. It's not that we would have had 100 million backfield, its that we would have had 100 million in CBs.

Will they do it?

Who is to say they won't let Berry walk over a couple million?

Who is to say we won't be watching Bowe walk a year from today?

Cap room isnt an issue. What's left besides "the right 53"?

beer bacon
Basically, you guys are advocating overpaying just so we can say we took some money off the cap.

Wow, hope you guys don't have to manage budgets for your companies.

What upsets people is not that the Chiefs let go Carr go and hired a cheaper alternative. The upsetting part is that most believe they are just going to pocket that extra money. THey aren't going to use it to bring in another premium free agent.

Messier
03-14-2012, 02:26 PM
It would be if you are planning to do something else with the money you save...

Well that's the trick.

Just Passin' By
LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

Repeat after me:

Then kill yourself.

You don't **** up your pay scale just because you don't have a franchise QB, you dipshit.

go bowe
I'm not saying it's better to spend less money, I'm saying having two CB's making around 10 million is not really making you better. Take that money and spend it on a pass rusher, or O-line, or QB.

"or" qb? nooooooooooooooooo...

Crush

All of those teams actually have a QB. We don't. Fuck Pioli and fuck the so-called Patriot Way.

Crush
03-14-2012, 02:27 PM
Here come the Patriot ballwashers to defend Pioli.

Just Passin' By
Nobody has said that or even remotely close it it. You've surmized something that never took place.

What was said is IF we don't spend the money on some other quality FAs and we let him walk, we took a step backwards.

A hell of a lot more than that has been said.

Micjones

That's why I re-worded my statement.
He's worth it, but that just wasn't a good look for this franchise.

Epic Fail 007
You assholes bitch at pioli for this???? wtf . If you do you clearly have no clue. Dallas overpaid carrs about money thats all not football. He was average his whole career then his contract yr he performs. Hes a bust.

BigChiefFan
03-14-2012, 02:28 PM
OOh no, let's not spend any money on a quality player, especially when they are one of the best at their position and still has upside potential.

Fall in line with the cheaps mentality. How dare an NFL team spend millions on players.

jd1020
03-14-2012, 02:28 PM

Its easy to say that when Flowers gets torched by Megatron while Carr is beating Pettigrew.

Lets see how Carr handles Megatron before claiming he's better than Flowers.

Micjones
03-14-2012, 02:29 PM
OOh no, let's not spend any money on a quality player, especially when they are one of the best at their position and still has upside potential.

Fall in line with the cheaps mentality. How dare an NFL team spend millions on players.

You're right.

Signed,

Hali, Johnson, Charles and Flowers.

Crush
So... when are we going to use these super duper savings to actually improve the team? Clark and his inbred family can go fuck themselves.

Hoover
Sucks to lose some home grown talent but its not just the Chiefs.

Nicks signs with TB, and the Saints look to bring in Grubb.

Is there a 20 million difference between the two?

BigChiefFan
A hell of a lot more than that has been said.

Well, I know what I've said and that's exactly what I said. I won't speak for anyone else.

Epic Fail 007
03-14-2012, 02:30 PM
You don't **** up your pay scale just because you don't have a franchise QB, you dipshit.

About time I hear some sense here.

MIAdragon
You assholes bitch at pioli for this???? wtf . If you do you clearly have no clue. Dallas overpaid carrs about money thats all not football. He was average his whole career then his contract yr he performs. Hes a bust.

Is this real life? How has someone not blowy ou away by now?

beer bacon

lol no

Reaper16
The Chiefs locked up the wrong CB long-term because they don't even understand their own team's players. Hell, they should have offered a contract extension about midway through the 2010 season. If they didn't, then they are run by idiots.

qabbaan
03-14-2012, 02:31 PM
What upsets people is not that the Chiefs let go Carr go and hired a cheaper alternative. The upsetting part is that most believe they are just going to pocket that extra money. THey aren't going to use it to bring in another premium free agent.

Precisely.

BigChiefFan
You're right.

Signed,

Hali, Johnson, Charles and Flowers.

A whole four players. Wow, they might be an NFL team afterall.

BigChiefFan
So... when are we going to use these super duper savings to actually improve the team? Clark and his inbred family can go **** themselves.Exactly.

DaWolf
IF they spend the money to upgrade the interior line and pass rush, we're better off than sinking the money in Carr.

If they don't spend the money, then I give up...

Micjones
03-14-2012, 02:32 PM
A whole four players. Wow, they might be an NFL team afterall.

Or...perhaps we could reposition the argument and realize that Carr's the only homegrown player who has gotten away. 4 of 5 major pieces have been retained. This is the NFL. You sometimes lose players when you become a team as talented as the Chiefs. That's the elephant in the room.

The idea that they just won't spend any money to retain players is bogus.

Chiefnj2
03-14-2012, 02:33 PM
He was average his whole career then his contract yr he performs. Hes a bust.

Imagine that. A Division II cornerback needed a few years to develop.

SNR
You don't **** up your pay scale just because you don't have a franchise QB, you dipshit.Staying 35 million below the salary cap line year after year isn't fucking up the pay scale, idiot.

Wait until Brady retires in a few years and then give me more Patriot Way wisdom. You'll look like a fucking clown.

Chocolate Hog
So when is the team moving?

wazu
03-14-2012, 02:34 PM
Sounds like IncarceratedBob was right, and Nick Wright was Nick Wrong.

wazu
03-14-2012, 02:34 PM
5 years, $50 million....WTF? http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/14/report-cowboys-close-to-deal-with-free-agent-brandon-carr/

Fritz88
03-14-2012, 02:35 PM
5 years, $50,000,000.

Can we get over him not re-signing now?

I hate Polio, he's a fucking scumbag. But the way some here are whining about Carr is fucking hilarious.

Polio made a smart move by signing a very good CB. He didn't let Routt leave without a deal. That is smart.

Those who want us to sign Carr for 50 Mill are delusional. With Berry back and our pass rush picking up, I have no worries about our secondary.
Posted via Mobile Device

Omaha
03-14-2012, 02:35 PM
Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter

Over past two seasons, new Cowboys CB Brandon Carr has knocked down 28 passes, second in the NFL, behind only Joe Haden and his 30.

Just Passin' By
03-14-2012, 02:37 PM
Staying 35 million below the salary cap line year after year isn't ****ing up the pay scale, idiot.

Wait until Brady retires in a few years and then give me more Patriot Way wisdom. You'll look like a ****ing clown.

Do you know anything about the current CBA and the impending floor, or are you just talking out of your ass?

Wait, your response answered that question already.

Chiefnj2
03-14-2012, 02:37 PM
With all that money we can now bring back Richardson.

KILLER_CLOWN
03-14-2012, 02:38 PM
With all that money we can now bring back Peterson.

Man it sux to be us.

BigChiefFan
03-14-2012, 02:38 PM
Or...perhaps we could reposition the argument and realize that Carr's the only homegrown player who has gotten away. 4 of 5 major pieces have been retained. This is the NFL. You don't retain all of your players when you become a team as talented as the Chiefs. That's the elephant in the room.

...or perhaps they haven't gotten it right in 40 plus years and no longer deserve the benefit of the doubt on the way they go about their business.

One team had NO PROBLEM PAYING THE MONEY to CARR and last I checked they also had a huge contract with Newman, as well as a HUGE TAB on a STADIUM RECENTLY.

They also win SBs , so you tell me, who has a better grasp on the NFL. The Cowboys or the Chiefs???

Just Passin' By
03-14-2012, 02:39 PM
So... when are we going to use these super duper savings to actually improve the team? Clark and his inbred family can go **** themselves.

You do realize that this Chiefs team is significantly better now than it was in 2008, right?

TEX
03-14-2012, 02:40 PM
I wont be upset until I know the contract #'s

Doesn't really matter. The Chiefs had the $$$ for this exact sort of thing. Lock up your core of good drafted players....NOT. Stupid Fucks. :shake:

Cave Johnson
03-14-2012, 02:41 PM
The Chiefs have not been in position to take a franchise QB since Pioli came aboard, so your argument is meaningless.

Stafford sure looks like a franchise QB. Not saying Detroit would have parted with him, but they may have for an Eli-type deal.

Cave Johnson
03-14-2012, 02:42 PM
Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter

Over past two seasons, new Cowboys CB Brandon Carr has knocked down 28 passes, second in the NFL, behind only Joe Haden and his 30.

Total #2 corner.

/CP idiocracy.

Just Passin' By
...or perhaps they haven't gotten it right in 40 plus years and no longer deserve the benefit of the doubt on the way they go about their business.

One team had NO PROBLEM PAYING THE MONEY to CARR and last I checked they also had a huge contract with Newman, as well as a HUGE TAB on a STADIUM RECENTLY.

They also win SBs , so you tell me, who has a better grasp on the NFL. The Cowboys or the Chiefs???

How many playoff games have those Cowboys won this century?

Micjones

Yes, let's deny Pioli the benefit of the doubt because of a history that preceded him by 37 years.

The Cowboys haven't won a Superbowl in 17 years.
A hell of a lot more recent than our last trip, but let's not pretend this is the Kraft family we're talking about.

Just Passin' By
03-14-2012, 02:43 PM
Stafford sure looks like a franchise QB. Not saying Detroit would have parted with him, but they may have for an Eli-type deal.

Detroit needed a QB. The QB on the board for the Chiefs was Sanchez.

htismaqe
03-14-2012, 02:44 PM
You do realize that this Chiefs team is significantly better now than it was in 2008, right?

An IQ of 68 is significantly better than an IQ of 40 but it's still mentally retarded...

warrior
03-14-2012, 02:44 PM
Cowboys got a very good young corner and yes he was worth it.

Dayze
03-14-2012, 02:48 PM
An IQ of 68 is significantly better than an IQ of 40 but it's still mentally retarded...

LMAO

Just Passin' By

True, but you're underrating the team you've got in K.C.. If they hadn't lost Berry/Charles/Moeaki, they'd likely have been a double digit win playoff team again, even though there's an obvious need to continue improving to catch the big boys in the conference.

the Talking Can

hey, pioli's cock gobbler shows up to lie...

your semen drinking capacity is off the ****ing charts....

and why are we paying this clown $5 mill a year if - according to you - there is nothing he can do over 4 years to acquire a QB not named Cassel?

jesus, you are one dumb piece of shit

BigChiefFan
03-14-2012, 02:50 PM
How many playoff games have those Cowboys won this century?

They won 'em more recently than us and that's ample evidence to know they've done a better job than us.

Hell, they won several SB's, REBUILT and won playoff games, and will probably be rebuilding again, in the next few years. All while we twiddlied our thumbs and saved a buck here and there and still have not won a SINGLE playoff game. NOT ONE.

Does Jones occasionally over-spend, yes, but he also gets his guy and he realizes the cap is to be used to actually spend on PLAYERS, not pocket it for additional profit.

The huge profit comes when you build up the PRODUCT.

htismaqe
03-14-2012, 02:51 PM
True, but you're underrating the team you've got in K.C.. If they hadn't lost Berry/Charles/Moeaki, they'd likely have been a double digit win playoff team again, even though there's an obvious need to continue improving to catch the big boys in the conference.

You're just like the Jets fans when Herm got here. Pat us on the back and patronize us like a red-headed stepchild.

As you said, it's MY team, not YOUR team, so why the fuck are you even here?

Brock
03-14-2012, 02:51 PM
You're just like the Jets fans when Herm got here. Pat us on the back and patronize us like a red-headed stepchild.

As you said, it's MY team, not YOUR team, so why the fuck are you even here?

He's attached to Cassel's undercarriage.

ChiefsandO'sfan
03-14-2012, 02:52 PM
Kent Babb‏@kentbabbReply
Retweet

Favorite
As I've said, Carr exemplifies all KC has said it wants in a player: hungry, self-motivating, character guy. All that talk should go away.

Just Passin' By
03-14-2012, 02:53 PM

As you said, it's MY team, not YOUR team, so why the **** are you even here?

I'm not patronizing you at all, and I'm here to talk football. It's idiotic to act as if the Chiefs haven't shown a lot of improvement since Pioli's arrival.

Just Passin' By
03-14-2012, 02:54 PM
They won 'em more recently than us and that's ample evidence to know they've done a better job than us.

Hell, they won several SB's, REBUILT and won playoff games, an will probably be rebuilding again, in the next few years, in the same time. All while we twiddlied our thumbs and saved a buck here and there and still not won a SINGLE playoff game. NOT ONE.

Does Jones occasionaly over-spend, yes, but he also gets his guy and he realizes the cap is to be used to actual spend on PLAYERS, not pocket it for additional profit.

The huge profit comes when you build up the PRODUCT.

Jones hasn't won anything since the end of the Vikings bounty for Walker and the departure of Johnson's players. He's an example of how spending money quite often doesn't get it done, just as Snyder is in Washington.

Fritz88
03-14-2012, 02:55 PM
Kent Babb‏@kentbabbReply
Retweet

Favorite
As I've said, Carr exemplifies all KC has said it wants in a player: hungry, self-motivating, character guy. All that talk should go away.

KC did the right thing. Fuck!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

the Talking Can
03-14-2012, 02:56 PM
I'm not patronizing you at all, and I'm here to talk football. It's idiotic to act as if the Chiefs haven't shown a lot of improvement since Pioli's arrival.

it's idiotic for you to pretend you know something about this team we don't

and pioli's hand picked coach and QB have been ****ing disasters, you cosmic **** tard...

your worship of a piece of shit matt cassel is the worst thing in the history of the internet and that includes child molesters hanging out on yahoo chat...

the Talking Can
03-14-2012, 02:57 PM
we played Palko at QB last year

and a pats fan is here to lecture us on Pioli's genious ways with the cap...

Dayze
03-14-2012, 02:57 PM
KC did the right thing. ****!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Gosh, aren't we well, Wally?

-King-
03-14-2012, 02:58 PM
Total #2 corner.

/CP idiocracy.

Technically yeah, he's a RCB not a #2, but for the majority of his career, he has been lined up against #2 receivers. We haven't seen him cover the #1 receivers much.

Bewbies
03-14-2012, 02:58 PM
LMAO

I didn't think calling him Cassel's fleshlight could get better. I was wrong.

Frosty
03-14-2012, 03:00 PM

Check again.

BigChiefFan
03-14-2012, 03:02 PM
Jones hasn't won anything since the end of the Vikings bounty for Walker and the departure of Johnson's players. He's an example of how spending money quite often doesn't get it done, just as Snyder is in Washington.Spin it however you want. The Cowboys clearly have done a better job of running their franchise. If you want to dispute that, by all means, but I stand by what I said.

Our team hasn't done shit in 40 years and you want me to actually fall in line for another year of smoke being blown up my ass, that this team is doing all that it can, when clearly it isn't-the 42 year old drought is living proof of that.

Sell it to somebody that actually believes it, because I know they aren't doing all they can to build the best team.

BigChiefFan
03-14-2012, 03:02 PM
Check again.

He's still listed on their roster, bro.

the Talking Can
03-14-2012, 03:03 PM
how is it possible that Pioli has improved our team and yet he had to fire his hand picked coach in mid-season?

could the tampon on aisle 6 please answer?

philfree
Kent Babb‏@kentbabbReply
Retweet

Favorite

This guy really hates Pioli.

I guess he's forgetting about Charles and Hali and Bowe. Seems I'm leaving a player or two out but Pioli has kept several good players that could have otherwise left for greener pastures. Babb just took the one time he didn't and made a deal out of it.

Messier
He's still listed on their roster, bro.

They cut him.

Micjones
03-14-2012, 03:04 PM
how is it possible that Pioli has improved our team and yet he had to fire his hand picked coach in mid-season?

could the tampon on aisle 6 please answer?

We have better player personnel.
Not sure how that means we had a good HC.
ROFL

the Talking Can

I guess he's forgetting about Charles and Hali and Bowe. Seems I'm leaving a player or two out but Pioli has kept several good players that could have otherwise left for greener pastures. Babb just took the one time he didn't and made a deal out of it.

we haven't signed bowe

Messier

That's the thing, Babb has had Pioli's back in the past. He must have really liked Carr.

Frosty
They cut him.

Bro

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nfl/story/_/id/7681651/dallas-cowboys-release-kicker-david-buehler

Dayze
03-14-2012, 03:05 PM
Babb is due to have himself and 'accident'.

BigChiefFan
They cut him.

I checked NFL.com before I posted that and he was listed as being on their roster...so???

the Talking Can
We have better player personnel.
Not sure how that means we had a good HC.
ROFL

could the tampon on aisle 6 explain how Palko was our backup QB?

Jones our backup RB?

Richardson our starting RT?

Sabby...

'better player personnel'....hilarious

qabbaan
03-14-2012, 03:06 PM
I wonder what our chances of resigning Bowe are, when he could play for a real QB on a real football team for more than we'd pay him?

3rd&48ers
03-14-2012, 03:07 PM
The Cowboys landed a top-ten free agent on Wednesday when cornerback Brandon Carr signed a five-year, $50.1 million contract to play in Dallas.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/14/cowboys-sign-two-more-guard-bernadeau-fullback-vickers/

L.A. Chieffan
03-14-2012, 03:08 PM
The Cowboys landed a top-ten free agent on Wednesday when cornerback Brandon Carr signed a five-year, $50.1 million contract to play in Dallas.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/14/cowboys-sign-two-more-guard-bernadeau-fullback-vickers/

that .1 was the reason pioli told him to fuck off

mcaj22
maybe Brandon Carr will come back in 5 years? Retire a Chief!

philfree
we haven't signed bowe

No but he ain't going anywhere for the time being. And seems pretty obvious that he wasn't going to sign until a few other guys set the market.

Los Pollos Hermanos
03-14-2012, 03:09 PM
I checked NFL.com before I posted that and he was listed as being on their roster...so???

Newman was cut yesterday.

Crush
03-14-2012, 03:11 PM
No but he ain't going anywhere for the time being. And seems pretty obvious that he wasn't going to sign until a few other guys set the market.

Now that the market has been set, expect the Hunts to let him walk.

SNR
03-14-2012, 03:11 PM
Do you know anything about the current CBA and the impending floor, or are you just talking out of your ass?

Wait, your response answered that question already.We need $35 million of room to cover the impending floor? :spock:

Just shut the fuck up.

philfree
03-14-2012, 03:12 PM
That's the thing, Babb has had Pioli's back in the past. He must have really liked Carr.

I never noticed that. I feel like he just makes stuff up because the Pioli way doesn't allow him a free flow of info to write about. I think that upsets Babb and others so they hate Pioli.

Just Passin' By
03-14-2012, 03:13 PM
Spin it however you want. The Cowboys clearly have done a better job of running their franchise. If you want to dispute that, by all means, but I stand by what I said.

Our team hasn't done shit in 40 years and you want me to actually fall in line for another year of smoke being blown up my ass, that this team is doing all that it can, when clearly it isn't-the 42 year old drought is living proof of that.

Sell it to somebody that actually believes it, because I know they aren't doing all they can to build the best team.

I'm not the one spinning things. I'm also not blaming the 2009-2012 management for crap that was happening as far back as the 70's.

Wallcrawler
03-14-2012, 03:14 PM
NFLN guys (Rod Woodson in particular) questioned the signing by the Cowboys, wondering why they went after a RCB when they already have a RCB and then took the obligatory shot about Carr not being a hitter.

Marcellus
03-14-2012, 03:16 PM
So he is making 25% more a year than Flowers?

Pestilence
03-14-2012, 03:18 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qsS42Ca3XQU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

L.A. Chieffan
03-14-2012, 03:19 PM
So he is making 25% more a year than Flowers?

theyre basically the same deal and the same player, although i think flowers is a little more physical

Pasta Giant Meatball
03-14-2012, 03:24 PM
I am going to go throw up now.

Micjones
03-14-2012, 03:26 PM
could the tampon on aisle 6 explain how Palko was our backup QB?

Jones our backup RB?

Richardson our starting RT?

Sabby...

'better player personnel'....hilarious

I think you might wanna take a gander at that '08 roster.
If you think that was a more talented team...I'm not sure what else to say.

Marcellus
03-14-2012, 03:30 PM
theyre basically the same deal and the same player, although i think flowers is a little more physical

Ah I see.

I don't think spending $20MM a year on your CB's is the best idea but having both of them locked up for 5 years would have been nice.

Having Route at about $3Mm a year less doesn't bother me.

I am curious to see how Carr does in that division.

htismaqe
03-14-2012, 03:31 PM
I'm not the one spinning things. I'm also not blaming the 2009-2012 management for crap that was happening as far back as the 70's.

The only reason you even CARE about 2009-2012 management is because they're the bastard offspring of your beloved Patriots.

Do us all a favor and GO THE FUCK AWAY.

qabbaan
03-14-2012, 03:33 PM

"People have been shitting themselves since the dawn of time, so we can't judge Pioli for shitting himself"

Micjones
03-14-2012, 03:34 PM
"People have been shitting themselves since the dawn of time, so we can't judge Pioli for shitting himself"

No more analogies okay?

BossChief
03-14-2012, 03:59 PM
I might be willing to give the Chiefs a partial pass on losing Carr.

He just went on NFLN (via phone) and said he has always wanted to sy for Dallas since he was a kid and that's why he made them his first visit even though the Jets and a few other teams wanted him to go there badly.

BigChiefFan
03-14-2012, 04:06 PM

He just went on NFLN (via phone) and said he has always wanted to sy for Dallas since he was a kid and that's why he made them his first visit even though the Jets and a few other teams wanted him to go there badly.

What's that?? The Jets have Revis and they wanted Carr, too?

I rest my case.

WV
03-14-2012, 04:08 PM

I've wondered about his intentions of ever re-signing here and this supports that he most likely didn't unless we really over paid.

saphojunkie
03-14-2012, 04:25 PM
Here's the question:

Is Carr 30 million dollars better than Routt?

Rams Fan
03-14-2012, 04:53 PM

I rest my case.

What's your case?

Discuss Thrower
03-14-2012, 04:55 PM
I harbor no ill will against Carr. The man deserved to be paid, and he chose to sign with (apparently) was a team he always wanted to play for. When he reps the Cowboys, he can get fucked. But considering he's a draft pick we've cultivated up to skill and doesn't seem to be of a bad moral character I wish him well.

But I get the baaaaad feeling he's going to be the first of many guys we train up and fail to resign.

BossChief
03-14-2012, 05:00 PM
Here's the question:

Is Carr 30 million dollars better than Routt?

That's intellectually dishonest to ask in that fashion.

Cards deal is for 5 years, Routts is for 3.

The question should be...is Brandon Carr worth 3 million more per year and the answer is a quick and easy YES.

Nightfyre
03-14-2012, 05:00 PM
Not really.

htismaqe
03-14-2012, 05:12 PM

The question should be...is Brandon Carr worth 3 million more per year and the answer is a quick and easy YES.

This.

Marcellus
03-14-2012, 05:15 PM

I rest my case.

Having a shitty QB means its ok to spend all your money on the CB position?

QB, DB, only one letter difference. 2 stud DB= 1 good QB? Nope.

the Talking Can
03-14-2012, 05:22 PM
I think you might wanna take a gander at that '08 roster.
If you think that was a more talented team...I'm not sure what else to say.

the roster with bowe, hali, charles, dj, albert, dorsey, carr, flowers...all our best players (with the single exception of Berry) that pioli had nothing to do with acquiring?

but they can't hold a candle to jackson, cassel, mccluster, vrabel, and palko...

look, i like his drafts for the most part, except for 2009 (which was pathetic beyond words), but the important part of this team was built before he arrived, all he needed to do was acquire a coach and a QB and he failed as badly as it is possible to fail in those two tasks....won't even discuss his failure to acquire a backup QB (or RB, or...), or pathetic performance in FA where his single goal is not spending clark's money

and no amount of testicle fondling by clueless pats fans changes that

Mr. Laz
03-14-2012, 05:22 PM

you would think that since Carr already knows our system and fits, 3 million per year would be close enough to go ahead and sign him.

:(

DeezNutz
03-14-2012, 05:30 PM
Pioli is a clown = dog bites man.

Lenny to discuss this at ten.

OnTheWarpath58
03-14-2012, 05:35 PM

Absolutely yes.

Sad that with this much cap space, we let him walk.

Carr or Hillis?

Hell, Carr or anyone we sign not named Winston?

Fucking no-brainer.

The money was there, and we're going to spend it elsewhere.

Marcellus
03-14-2012, 05:38 PM
Absolutely yes.

Sad that with this much cap space, we let him walk.

Carr or Hillis?

Hell, Carr or anyone we sign not named Winston?

****ing no-brainer.

The money was there, and we're going to spend it elsewhere.

Want to make a side wager Carr gets torched playing in that division next year?

Dallas is where seemingly good CB's have gone to die the last 10 or 15 years.

OnTheWarpath58
03-14-2012, 05:42 PM
Want to make a side wager Carr gets torched playing in that division next year?

Dallas is where seemingly good CB's have gone to die the last 10 or 15 years.

I don't care what he does in Dallas - because Dallas isn't KC.

We've seen what he's done here.

And we let him walk over $3M with over $30M in cap space.

Chiefnj2
03-14-2012, 05:43 PM

Exactly. What he ends up doing somewhere else is meaningless. He was an excellent player in KC.

Marcellus
03-14-2012, 05:45 PM

So if he goes there and is average for $10MM a year and Routt excels in KC it makes no difference?

Nope I see no biased agendas here.

Chiefnj2
03-14-2012, 05:51 PM
So if he goes there and is average for $10MM a year and Routt excels in KC it makes no difference?

Nope I see no biased agendas here.

The question is whether Routt plays up to the level that Carr played when he was with KC. Whether the position is upgraded or downgraded.

eazyb81
03-14-2012, 05:52 PM
Exactly. What he ends up doing somewhere else is meaningless. He was an excellent player in KC.

Excellent player, home-grown, great guy in the community.....

And we let him walk even though we will once again have tens of millions available under the cap.

Messier
03-14-2012, 06:00 PM
Are people still on here angry about this? Carr is a good solid CB. he's not the best CB in the league, he maybe scratches the top 10. He's going to be THE guy down there after they let Newman go. He might shine, if he does, good for him. I'm not sorry we didn't pay him that much.

BigChiefFan
03-14-2012, 06:13 PM

The question should be...is Brandon Carr worth 3 million more per year and the answer is a quick and easy YES.Yep.

KCChiefsFan88
03-14-2012, 06:17 PM
Carr proves that spending $$$ is an issue for Clark Hunt.

Clark and Fat Scott try to hide behind the smoke screen of "we would prefer to build through the draft and sign our own free agents" to explain away their lack of aggressiveness in free agency.

Letting Carr walk for a cheaper alternative despite having $30+ million in salary cap space is all about Clark Hunt being cheap.

Messier
03-14-2012, 06:18 PM

Clark and Fat Scott try to hide behind the smoke screen of "we would prefer to build through the draft and sign our own free agents" to explain away their lack of aggressiveness in free agency.

Letting Carr walk for a cheaper alternative despite having $30+ million in salary cap space is all about Clark Hunt being cheap.

Hi KCChiefsfan50/50! How are you?

PRIEST
03-14-2012, 06:20 PM

This

Bump
03-14-2012, 06:23 PM

which is why I'm now a Redskins fan

Setsuna
03-14-2012, 06:52 PM
He signed for a little over 35M not 51M

BigChiefFan
03-14-2012, 06:54 PM

So $1 million more, per year than Routt??

Time to flip some fucking tables.

milkman
03-14-2012, 06:55 PM

Link?

Rausch
03-14-2012, 06:59 PM
What a bunch of $3it.

I guess it doesn't matter who we draft. After that first contract is up and they're probowl/All PRO level we'll just trade them or let them walk...

Setsuna
03-14-2012, 07:00 PM
Link?

My local radio station? Schefter ain't got shit on them! Also dallascowboys.com is a joke.

Fruit Ninja
03-14-2012, 07:01 PM
Makes no sense to let him walk. I mean, if we were going to make a big big move, then it makes alot of sense, but all we did was get worse. lol

Leave it to the Chiefs front office to hold their dick in their hand. Ughh. why did Derrick Thomas and Okoye play for this franchise. Now im stuck, cause i am not trading teams lol

milkman
03-14-2012, 07:36 PM
My local radio station? Schefter ain't got shit on them! Also dallascowboys.com is a joke.

Local radio?

Okay then.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Messier
03-14-2012, 07:38 PM
which is why I'm now a Redskins fan

So, it worked? That was fast.

Messier
03-14-2012, 07:40 PM

That's not true.

CoMoChief
03-14-2012, 07:41 PM
What a bunch of $3it.

I guess it doesn't matter who we draft. After that first contract is up and they're probowl/All PRO level we'll just trade them or let them walk...

We resigned DJ, Charles, Flowers, and Hali. Those are undoubtedly the most important players on this team, it's a shame that the most important player on this team isn't the QB. Bowe got franchised and Pioli had to make a decision on that...there wasn't anyway that the Chiefs were going to keep both. No way would I have given Carr $50M, esp after all of the money that's already locked up in that secondary.

Those are undoubtedly the most important players on this team, it's a shame that the most important player on this team isn't the QB.

BossChief
03-14-2012, 07:45 PM
5 years 50.1 million dollars.

The funny part of that was I posted yesterday when the news was that they were in the 7/year ball park was that we should play Dave Hester in this and bump the bid till it's over 10 million at minimum if we are gonna let him walk.

That makes Dallas pay more and helps your former player get what he deserves (even if you aren't willing to give him that)

Then, the deal is announced and he gets 50.1

ROFL

Sometimes, I wonder if they read my posts.

Direckshun
03-14-2012, 07:46 PM
Yeah, the Chiefs paid big to keep their defensive MVP, both of their best offensive players, their #1 corner, and their passrusher.

At a certain point, determinations need to be made. We're still holding out hope that we could land a stud QB some day.

Nightfyre
03-14-2012, 07:47 PM
The best teams reach a point where they have to let legitimate talent walk due to cap contraints and because they draft well. I think the Chiefs are hitting that point.

mcaj22
03-14-2012, 07:49 PM
Yeah, the Chiefs paid big to keep their defensive MVP, both of their best offensive players, their #1 corner, and their passrusher.

At a certain point, determinations need to be made. We're still holding out hope that we could land a stud QB some day.

Chiefs didnt pay anything for Bowe yet

not only did he not sign, it's a franchise 1 year. Talk to me when they lock Bowe up long term, which is never going to happen.

We got one more year of Bowe. Enjoy it while it lasts

Nightfyre
03-14-2012, 07:51 PM

not only did he not sign, it's a franchise 1 year. Talk to me when they lock Bowe up long term, which is never going to happen.

Pioli is probably going to wait til after free agency to work Bowe into a long-term deal. Since Bowe can't leave, it provides Pioli the flexibility to front-load his contract if we have a bunch of excess cap space. Plus Bowe may be holding out til he sees the receiver market. Megatron and Jackson have inked deals that can be used to better assess (increase) Bowe's value.

Direckshun
03-14-2012, 07:52 PM

You're just saying shit. There's no way you believe this is true.

Want to bet on it? Put your money where your over-emotional mouth is.

Signature bet. Bowe is signed long-term. If this happens I control your signature for a year.

If not, vice versa.

OnTheWarpath58
03-14-2012, 07:54 PM
The best teams reach a point where they have to let legitimate talent walk due to cap contraints and because they draft well. I think the Chiefs are hitting that point.

Cap constraints? Really?

Drafting well? Is that why we paid an older, less talented CB $6.5M per to replace Carr, when we just drafted a CB in the 2nd round of the 2010 draft, and the 4th round of last year's draft?

Urc Burry
03-14-2012, 07:54 PM
I wonder if he signed it for 50.1 just to fuck with Flowers

Chiefnj2
03-14-2012, 07:59 PM
In these contracts all that ever matters is the first three years and what is guaranteed. Until that is known, you can't tell if he was overpaid or not.

Nightfyre
03-14-2012, 07:59 PM
Cap constraints? Really?

Drafting well? Is that why we paid an older, less talented CB $6.5M per to replace Carr, when we just drafted a CB in the 2nd round of the 2010 draft, and the 4th round of last year's draft?

1) We aren't contrained this year, but looking forward we will be if we re-ink Albert or Dorsey. 20MM of our now 29MM in cap space was carry-over and that must be accounted for next year.

2) Routt's contract carries a lot less risk than Carr's does. We can cut Routt next year if he is not up to par and we can keep him for what will look like a steal if he is good.

3) Jalil Brown is a fourth round project. It would hardly be fair to assess him after one year. Carr struggled in his first year, too.

Fritz88
03-14-2012, 08:09 PM
http://www.dallascowboys.com/multimedia/multimedia_center.cfm?id=131AF985-AB34-0EFC-90B6C43B18853CED

htismaqe
03-14-2012, 08:09 PM
In these contracts all that ever matters is the first three years and what is guaranteed. Until that is known, you can't tell if he was overpaid or not.

This.

Fritz88
03-14-2012, 08:11 PM
Dallas sent a private jet to pick Carr.

Brock
03-14-2012, 08:12 PM

Probably got a steak and a blowjob too.

Fritz88
03-14-2012, 08:13 PM
Probably got a steak and a blowjob too.

Steak maybe, but BJ wouldn't help.

It's been proven that rubbing one off clears your mind and helps your concentrate. Jerry wouldn't want that.

Chiefnj2
03-14-2012, 08:14 PM

Exactly. They picked him up and had the coaches and big players on the plane with him. Don't give the guy a chance to take calls from Minnesota or other teams. Kiss his ass for 24 hours until the ink is dry.

Fritz88
03-14-2012, 08:17 PM
Exactly. They picked him up and had the coaches and big players on the plane with him. Don't give the guy a chance to take calls from Minnesota or other teams. Kiss his ass for 24 hours until the ink is dry.

This is what Clark will send, and he'll split the fare 50/50 with the player, only if he signs too.

http://images03.olx.com/ui/11/10/72/1305234008_37720872_1-TAXI-SHUTTLE-KANSAS-CITY-MISSOURI-MCI-KCI-AIRPORT-PHONE-24HRS-816359-7635-KANSAS-CITY-INTERNATIONAL-AIRPORT-PHONE-24HRS-816359-7635.jpg