PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Clark Hunt Is Keeping the Money

BossChief
03-14-2012, 03:43 PM
No other explanation for our lacking activity in free agency thus far.

Actions speak louder than words.

Pestilence
03-14-2012, 03:44 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qsS42Ca3XQU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ChiefsandO'sfan
03-14-2012, 03:44 PM
Last year to go cheap what did you think would happen?

Deberg_1990
03-14-2012, 03:45 PM

How about not every player wants to play for the Chiefs?

Douche Baggins
03-14-2012, 03:45 PM
Has to save money somehow with season ticket sales plummeting.

L.A. Chieffan
03-14-2012, 03:46 PM
YEAHH1! WHY HASNT HE BLOWN OUT MILLIONS OF DOLARS ON PLAYERS YET? PUSSY CHEAPSKATE

chiefs1111
03-14-2012, 03:46 PM
Clark Hunt is a soccer loving pansy

DJ's left nut
03-14-2012, 03:47 PM
How about nobody wants to play for the Scott Pioli?

FYP

BossChief

And why do YOU think that is?

L.A. Chieffan
And why do YOU think that is?

KC aint Miami hoss

qabbaan
The Matt Cassel led Chiefs take on the Peyton Manning led Broncos, get your tickets now.

Marcellus
03-14-2012, 03:48 PM
This needed a thread. I am relieved.

The_Doctor10
03-14-2012, 03:49 PM
KC aint Miami hoss

Miami's not exactly reeling in big fish left and right.

TrebMaxx
03-14-2012, 03:49 PM
Clark Hunt is a soccer loving pansy

I think this is true too. Football is not Clark's priority.

bricks
03-14-2012, 03:50 PM
Maybe this is Peyton Mannings fault?

L.A. Chieffan
03-14-2012, 03:50 PM
Miami's not exactly reeling in big fish left and right.

no offense but if i'm a bigtime FA and it was between those two cities, where do you think im gonna go?

DJ's left nut
03-14-2012, 03:51 PM
Businessman first.

Soccer fan second.

If he can't make money off it and it isn't soccer, he's not going to do it.

He's learned well from David Glass. Why spend money when you can not spend money and make even more?

ChiefsCountry
03-14-2012, 03:54 PM
So lets look at free agency so far:

Carr signed for a crazy amount.
Orton. meh.
Carlson way overboard for him.
Soliai resigned with his current team.

And yet this place is in pitchforks and arms. Geez I hate the fat bastard as much as anybody but let's not fucking overeact like a bunch of prissy teenage girls over nothing really.

Bambi
03-14-2012, 03:54 PM
LA Chiefs here we come!

htismaqe
03-14-2012, 03:55 PM

Orton. meh.

And yet this place is in pitchforks and arms. Geez I hate the fat bastard as much as anybody but let's not ****ing overeact like a bunch of prissy teenage girls over nothing really.

That's just the thing. We've waited for almost TWO DECADES.

It isn't that we're acting like bitches over nothing.

I was PLENTY PATIENT with this franchise and they've done NOTHING in return...

stonedstooge
03-14-2012, 03:57 PM
Owners had to enact a salary floor to keep Clark from skimming money off the players side of revenues. That ought to tell everyone something. It's been going on for several years now

Fritz88
03-14-2012, 03:58 PM
Flashy moves in FA != SBs.

Not being a true fan here, but the teams that went big in FA really needed to make these moves.

Tampa needed to spend big; Chicago had an anemic WR corps so they made the trade to acquire Marshall.

If we get Tolbert or Hillis or Winston, I'll be happy.

Routt was a great move by Polio. If you deny that then you are being butt hurt because Carr left.

Most of the people on this board agree that this team is pretty close to becoming a true SB contender [I don't know who to give credit for that, I'll leave that for you to make]. We just need a QB, and that is something that Polio is responsible for and deserves every ounce of blame for it.

Donger
03-14-2012, 03:58 PM

Haven't the Chiefs been AFCW champions a few times the last 20 years? Won two playoff games in 1993?

whoman69
03-14-2012, 03:59 PM

One thing leads to another. Why don't they want to play for the Chiefs? Because the management team seems a joke and the owner is reported to be cheap.

Douche Baggins
03-14-2012, 03:59 PM
Haven't the Chiefs been AFCW champions a few times the last 20 years? Won two playoff games in 1993?

Stop trolling, git.

Brock
03-14-2012, 04:00 PM

20 years. Jesus Christ, that's pathetic.

Deberg_1990

I dont even care enough to care anymore. I mean i care enough to follow, just not enough to get worked up over anything. We all know this team wont ever go anywhere without a QB. All the rest of these FA's are just ancillary pieces.

Donger
Stop trolling, git.

I'm not trolling. That isn't nothing. It's not much, though.

htismaqe
03-14-2012, 04:01 PM

ROFL

ChiefMojo
03-14-2012, 04:01 PM
I've done a lot of drinking in the last 20 years... it helps!

DJ's left nut
03-14-2012, 04:02 PM

Who's asking for flashy moves?

We're asking for a RT, a NT, and, in my case, a QB that opted to be a backup elsewhere.

Nobody's demanding we trade for Aaron Rodgers. We're asking only that the front office make a couple of extremely reasonable moves. With those moves we may be close to SB contenders.

Without them we're just another sorry ass .500 football team.

Then again, a RT and a NT qualifies as flashy for these assholes.

Crush
03-14-2012, 04:04 PM
3-12 in playoff games since Super Bowl IV. Fuck off truefans and Patriot ballwashers.

Pestilence
03-14-2012, 04:07 PM
3-12 in playoff games since Super Bowl IV. Fuck off truefans and Patriot ballwashers.

This.

gblowfish
Meanwhile, in Brandon Carr's Agent's office this afternoon....

http://i40.tinypic.com/2w7lemt.gif

3rd&48ers

I think 99.9% of the players play where the money is and could give two shits about the team....

I don't think it is the fact they hate KC, HELL IT WOULD BE A GREAT PLACE TO PLAY, FULL STADIUM, COLLEGE ATMOSPHERE...

I think it's all about the bucks

Fritz88
03-14-2012, 04:08 PM
Who's asking for flashy moves?

We're asking for a RT, a NT, and, in my case, a QB that opted to be a backup elsewhere.

Nobody's demanding we trade for Aaron Rodgers. We're asking only that the front office make a couple of extremely reasonable moves. With those moves we may be close to SB contenders.

Without them we're just another sorry ass .500 football team.

Then again, a RT and a NT qualifies as flashy for these assholes.

Winston and Paul are still in the market if I am not mistaken. They are the best at their current positions -- Top to be exact, so that would qualify as a flashy move especially when you will end up overpaying for them.

With Berry, JC, and Tony back, I think we will be 10 win team next year.

It is sad because we can do much better.

Douche Baggins
03-14-2012, 04:08 PM

We're not playing the NFC West.

scho63
03-14-2012, 04:09 PM
:mad:

Pestilence
Winston and Paul are still in the market if I am not mistaken. They are the best at their current positions -- Top to be exact, so that would qualify as a flashy move especially when you will end up overpaying for them.

Paul Soliai just re-signed with the Dolphins.

Epic Fail 007
false

|Zach|
I used to get all worked up and mad.

Now?

Complete apathy.

BossChief
03-14-2012, 04:10 PM

Orton. meh.

And yet this place is in pitchforks and arms. Geez I hate the fat bastard as much as anybody but let's not fucking overeact like a bunch of prissy teenage girls over nothing really.

Carrs contract wasn't crazy.
Orton would have at least upgraded qb and gotten Cassel off the damn field...he signed for backup money ffs
Don't care about Carlson
Didn't even try on Soliai

Other owners in the Peyton thing came out and said they were all in.

Clark went on and said something like "we are happy with our quarterback position, but would be ok with signing Peyton Manning...now, let's talk about soccer".

Him bringing up soccer AT ALL in a interview that you are supposed to be trying to bring Peyton fucking manning to KC is inexcusable.

I guess it's too bad all this didn't happen next year when he will be forced by the league to stop pocketing players money.

DJ's left nut
03-14-2012, 04:11 PM

Soliai is gone.

And do you really harbor any remaining hope at all that Winston's coming here? I'll be shocked if they even get him to visit.

Look at what Scott Pioli inherited 3 years ago and look at what he's done with it.

If that doesn't piss you right the !@#$ off, I just don't know what will. 3 years of development are simply gone because of that ass-clown. And we're soon to see season 4.

There's just no sense in having any hope for this team. It's like the fable of the farmer and the viper - we know what they are, we shouldn't be surprised when they bite us.

Epic Fail 007
03-14-2012, 04:11 PM

Oh yes and can predict the future huh

Fritz88
03-14-2012, 04:13 PM
Paul Soliai just re-signed with the Dolphins.

Probably Ross threw the sink at him.

Fuck him.

htismaqe
03-14-2012, 04:13 PM

Now?

Complete apathy.

I hope I get there soon.

whoman69
03-14-2012, 04:15 PM

Not being a true fan here, but the teams that went big in FA really needed to make these moves.

Tampa needed to spend big; Chicago had an anemic WR corps so they made the trade to acquire Marshall.

If we get Tolbert or Hillis or Winston, I'll be happy.

Routt was a great move by Polio. If you deny that then you are being butt hurt because Carr left.

Most of the people on this board agree that this team is pretty close to becoming a true SB contender [I don't know who to give credit for that, I'll leave that for you to make]. We just need a QB, and that is something that Polio is responsible for and deserves every ounce of blame for it.

This team should have never let Carr go with the amount of money we have availble. Routt is a big downgrade.

I can't see what Hillis brings to the table at all. Winston would be a good sign as well as Tolbert. As you stated we are a QB short. As long as we are a QB short, the distance the rest of the team is to contending don't matter with the way the game is. An inch is a chasm. I'm not sure a dominant Ravens type defense is going to be enough. I would have liked to have seen the Chiefs approach Soliai to get to that level.

Pioli lied, Chiefs fans died

DJ's left nut
03-14-2012, 04:15 PM
Probably Ross threw the sink at him.

Fuck him.

Yeah - the moon and stars...

A 2 year deal worth $18 million with an option.

{gasp!}

Face it - you're defending the indefensible.

Fritz88
03-14-2012, 04:19 PM

{gasp!}

I am not defending him.

I am trying to understand the rage that is overcoming this place.

What we did in FA is the same that 28 or 29 teams did.

Denver desperately needed Soliai, they had more money that KC but they still couldn't get him to even visit Denver.

BigChiefFan
03-14-2012, 04:21 PM

{gasp!}

That's all he got?

BossChief

{gasp!}

That's it?

:facepalm:

htismaqe
The funny thing is, the Chiefs could make ONE MOVE, RIGHT NOW and all of the bitching and moaning would instantly stop. And it isn't even signing a player.

If they were to cut Matt Cassel this instant, there would be parties in the streets.

BossChief
03-14-2012, 04:24 PM
I am not defending him.

Denver desperately needed Soliai, they had more money that KC but they still couldn't get him to even visit Denver.

28 or 29 teams don't have 30+ million they ca spend AND are a few pieces away from being serious contenders.

Not being serious about Peyton was the straw that brome the camels back for me....then Orton signed for backup money.

DJ's left nut
03-14-2012, 04:25 PM
Denver also failed.

So the fact that other teams failed means that our FO should get a pass for the same?

A whole bunch of teams fail to address their needs every season - those teams tend to suck. How 'bout we hold our ownership and our "Executive of the Decade" to at least some semblance of a standard?

I'm tired of sucking. I'm tired of this team being wholely irrelevant. Passing off another season of miserable, embarrassing failure as 'the same thing other teams are doing' doesn't haul the mail.

The rage comes from people recognizing that we all care more about the Kansas City Chiefs than Clark Hunt does. I think that should engender a fair amount of anger.

Fritz88
28 or 29 teams don't have 30+ million they ca spend AND are a few pieces away from being serious contenders.

Not being serious about Peyton was the straw that brome the camels back for me....then Orton signed for backup money.

How do you we know we are not serious about Peyton?

gblowfish
The funny thing is, the Chiefs could make ONE MOVE, RIGHT NOW and all of the bitching and moaning would instantly stop. And it isn't even signing a player.

If they were to cut Matt Cassel this instant, there would be parties in the streets.

Fearless Leader LOVES Matt Cassel!
http://i44.tinypic.com/250ugqg.jpg

chiefzilla1501
03-14-2012, 04:29 PM

{gasp!}

Add in that with cap inflation, this is a drop in the bucket. So is Carlson's contract.

It's definitely indefensible. Nobody's talking about going out and bidding $150M on Carr or Bowe. We're talking about 1 or 2 players on a team that has plenty to spend.

Fritz88
03-14-2012, 04:30 PM
Denver also failed.

So the fact that other teams failed means that our FO should get a pass for the same?

A whole bunch of teams fail to address their needs every season - those teams tend to suck. How 'bout we hold our ownership and our "Executive of the Decade" to at least some semblance of a standard?

I'm tired of sucking. I'm tired of this team being wholely irrelevant. Passing off another season of miserable, embarrassing failure as 'the same thing other teams are doing' doesn't haul the mail.

The rage comes from people recognizing that we all care more about the Kansas City Chiefs than Clark Hunt does. I think that should engender a fair amount of anger.

Fair enough.

I am not using Denver to give KC's FO a pass, it just seems to me that he wanted to stay in Miami and got nearly 10 million a year which is a very good pay for a NT in this league.

What really makes me less enraged than the rest is that this team's roster has been progressing in a steady manner since 2009. We have not gone backwards in terms of talent in the team, we have been improving, slowly, but fucking surely.

I'll give the FO until the end of FA and see how things go.

I am still very optimistic that we will land Manning.

DJ's left nut
03-14-2012, 04:30 PM
Add in that with cap inflation, this is a drop in the bucket. So is Carlson's contract.

It's definitely indefensible. Nobody's talking about going out and bidding $150M on Carr or Bowe. We're talking about 1 or 2 players on a team that has plenty to spend.

Nah - too flashy.

A NT that would be making less than the fucking 5-tech you spent the number 3 overall pick on over the next 2 years is just too risky, too flashy.

I hate him, I hate him, I hate him.

He's worse at his job than Stephen Hawking is at fucking.

ChiefsCountry
03-14-2012, 04:31 PM
Carrs contract wasn't crazy.
Orton would have at least upgraded qb and gotten Cassel off the damn field...he signed for backup money ffs
Don't care about Carlson
Didn't even try on Soliai

Other owners in the Peyton thing came out and said they were all in.

Clark went on and said something like "we are happy with our quarterback position, but would be ok with signing Peyton Manning...now, let's talk about soccer".

Him bringing up soccer AT ALL in a interview that you are supposed to be trying to bring Peyton fucking manning to KC is inexcusable.

I guess it's too bad all this didn't happen next year when he will be forced by the league to stop pocketing players money.

The Clark Hunt interview was for the MLS it wasn't even about the Chiefs untill Darrell Rovell threw the Manning question in.
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501
03-14-2012, 04:32 PM
I am not defending him.

If the Chiefs don't get Peyton Manning, this is an embarrassingly bad offseason.

We lost a QB that, while not terrific, was a significant upgrade for pennies because we stayed loyal to a QB that fucking sucks. We went older and cheaper for a CB that isn't nearly as good as the guy we lost.

Those two horrible moves in a season where we have a ton of cap space... only a move of Peyton or RGIII proportions counters that.

It's going to reflect big time. If the Chiefs don't get Peyton, they're going to look at record attendance lows.

DJ's left nut
03-14-2012, 04:33 PM
Fair enough.

I am not using Denver to give KC's FO a pass, it just seems to me that he wanted to stay in Miami and got nearly 10 million a year which is a very good pay for a NT in this league.

What really makes me less enraged than the rest is that this team's roster has been progressing in a steady manner since 2009. We have not gone backwards in terms of talent in the team, we have been improving, slowly, but fucking surely.

Has the roster been improving since 2009? Or have the players that Pioli inherited simply progressed as players would be expected to as they reach their primes?

What would this team look like if the 8 elite talents that Pioli inherited where average players? We'd probably look a lot like the Rams looked last season.

I'm not at all convinced that Pioli is doing anything special to improve this roster. He's using his draft picks and hasn't managed to piss himself while turning in his draft card. Otherwise a computer program that simply puts the name of the top available guy on Kiper's draft board over the last 3 seasons would've given us better drafts than Scott Pioli.

htismaqe
03-14-2012, 04:34 PM
If the Chiefs don't get Peyton Manning, this is an embarrassingly bad offseason.

We lost a QB that, while not terrific, was a significant upgrade for pennies because we stayed loyal to a QB that ****ing sucks. We went older and cheaper for a CB that isn't nearly as good as the guy we lost.

Those two horrible moves in a season where we have a ton of cap space... only a move of Peyton or RGIII proportions counters that.

It's going to reflect big time. If the Chiefs don't get Peyton, they're going to look at record attendance lows.

This.

BossChief
03-14-2012, 04:34 PM
Fair enough.

We were denied a visit and are completely out of the picture.

Don't torture yourself, buddy.

stonedstooge
03-14-2012, 04:37 PM
Hunt gets $120 million and the players are to get $120 million. Clark has continued to take money from the players side over several years to an extent that the other owners enacted a salary floor, a minimum amount to be spent on player salaries to force owners such as Clark to spend the money as it is assigned. I don't mind an owner making money off his team, but for crying out loud, how much does Clark need? $120 million a year isn't enough for him?

Discuss Thrower
03-14-2012, 04:42 PM
Season's over before it even begins.. Which, credit to KC, has been the consistent story since 2006.

GloryDayz
03-14-2012, 05:05 PM
I don't like Clark Hunt...

Marcellus
03-14-2012, 05:10 PM
Hunt gets $120 million and the players are to get $120 million. Clark has continued to take money from the players side over several years to an extent that the other owners enacted a salary floor, a minimum amount to be spent on player salaries to force owners such as Clark to spend the money as it is assigned. I don't mind an owner making money off his team, but for crying out loud, how much does Clark need? $120 million a year isn't enough for him?

Yet Clark spent the 9th most actual cash $ of any owner in the league last year? Odd. That would make him a top ten spender.

Start working with facts an your arguments might become valid.

Dartgod
03-14-2012, 05:14 PM

Orton. meh.

New here?

qabbaan
03-14-2012, 05:24 PM
We are running out the same team as last year, minus Carr. We can't even get a quality free agent like Manning to talk to us.

My interest has never been lower

OnTheWarpath58
03-14-2012, 05:24 PM
DJ's owned this thread.

DJ's left nut
03-14-2012, 05:29 PM
DJ's owned this thread.

I own most threads I choose to enter...

DaKCMan's got shit on me....

(PS, thanks for the giving me your spot in the mock; that thing kicks ass; you can be my co-GM next year if you find the time again - it's the least I can do)

OnTheWarpath58
03-14-2012, 05:30 PM
I own most threads I choose to enter...

DaKCMan's got shit on me....

(PS, thanks for the giving me your spot in the mock; that thing kicks ass; you can be my co-GM next year if you find the time again - it's the least I can do)

I might take you up on that. Glad you're having a good time. Guess I oughta pop my head in over there and see how things are falling.

saphojunkie
03-14-2012, 05:32 PM
KC aint Miami hoss

Oh but Philadelphia is paradise on earth? Wake up.

We aren't paying them.

DeezNutz
03-14-2012, 05:35 PM

Now?

Complete apathy.

Bar none, this is the most healthy approach possible to Chiefs football.

DJ's left nut
03-14-2012, 05:38 PM
Bar none, this is the most healthy approach possible to Chiefs football.

In fairness, I once murdered a waiter because my soda was flat.

Apathy isn't really an option for me...

LiveSteam
03-14-2012, 05:51 PM

Guru
03-14-2012, 06:28 PM
Has to save money somehow with season ticket sales plummeting.

It's too bad most season ticket holders have already paid up for this year. They really shouldn't force them to re-up until after the draft so they know what they are paying for.

Direckshun
03-14-2012, 06:29 PM

Actions speak louder than words.

What part of BUILDING THROUGH THE DRAFT don't you understand?

Build through the draft.

Add complimentary pieces in free agency.

MoreLemonPledge
03-14-2012, 06:29 PM
Clar Cunt. HAHAHAHHAA

BigChiefFan
03-14-2012, 06:30 PM
Oh but Philadelphia is paradise on earth? Wake up.

We aren't paying them.Yep.

BigChiefFan
03-14-2012, 06:32 PM

Build through the draft.

If you did that in it's entirety it would theoretically take 8 years to field a roster, based on 7 picks each year.

Yeah, that doesn't work.

You have to pick up complimentary players and pay a few studs in FA typically to round out the roster.

whoman69
03-14-2012, 06:33 PM

Build through the draft.

When you have so much cap space left that you won't even hit the floor next year, adding some pieces is called for. Haven't seen him draft a decent NT yet or QB. Time to get the money flowing before its too late.

Err, its too late.

gblowfish
03-14-2012, 06:33 PM
I don't think Peyton Hillis is going to be enough to keep the natives from being restless this week...

http://i40.tinypic.com/28ugso.jpg

Direckshun
03-14-2012, 07:15 PM
If you did that in it's entirety it would theoretically take 8 years to field a roster, based on 7 picks each year.

Yeah, that doesn't work.

You have to pick up complimentary players and pay a few studs in FA typically to round out the roster.

Really?

We've built this team through the draft for roughly four drafts, and it's worked out really, really well for us.

It takes longer than signing a bunch of stud FAs, but the success is more sustainable.

How many studs in free agency did the Packers sign?

The Patriots?

The Giants?

The Steelers?

The Colts (back when they were rocking it)?

You build through the draft. You add pieces in free agency.

Every now and again, a big FA splash is warranted. But it's every now and again. Not often.

And you don't build championships around it.

DeezNutz
03-14-2012, 07:17 PM
Every now and again, a big FA splash is warranted. But it's every now and again. Not often.

Haven't we reached this threshold? It's going to be a damn shame if we waste the prime years of Hali, Bowe, Johnson, Charles (knocks on wood that he'll return to form), Carr (oops), etc.

stonedstooge
03-14-2012, 07:19 PM
Really?

We've built this team through the draft for roughly four drafts, and it's worked out really, really well for us.

It takes longer than signing a bunch of stud FAs, but the success is more sustainable.

The Patriots?

The Giants?

The Steelers?

Carr?

Direckshun
03-14-2012, 07:20 PM
Haven't we reached this threshold? It's going to be a damn shame if we waste the prime years of Hali, Bowe, Johnson, Charles (knocks on wood that he'll return to form), Carr (oops), etc.

I still think we're a year or two away from being Super Bowl contenders. The Peyton Manning shit blinded us to make us feel closer to that than we actually are. Without Manning, we're just playoff contenders, but not title contenders.

That's when you make your splash, typically, when you're only missing a piece or two.

Direckshun
03-14-2012, 07:20 PM
Carr?

Omelett, eggs, etc.

If you think Carr/Flowers warrant being the highest paid CB duo in NFL history, then that's on you.

GordonGekko
03-14-2012, 08:01 PM
Really?

The Patriots?

The Giants?

The Steelers?

Build through the draft...and FA. Exactly. Use both pipelines to get good players and build the best team possible. Don't favor one over the other, because both have their inherent dangers.

MahiMike
03-14-2012, 08:03 PM
This thread on 25 other NFL team's sites...

htismaqe
03-14-2012, 08:06 PM
Really?

It has?

The Patriots?

The Giants?

The Steelers?

Interesting that EVERY ONE of those teams have/had a QB.

PGM
03-14-2012, 08:06 PM
Really?

The Patriots?

The Giants?

The Steelers?

Yup

OnTheWarpath58
03-14-2012, 08:07 PM
Really?

The Patriots?

The Giants?

The Steelers?

Really?

21 wins in three years says otherwise.

BigChiefFan
03-14-2012, 08:15 PM
Really?

The Patriots?

The Giants?

The Steelers?

I've never once said not to utilize the draft as your core, quite the contrary, but when you have glaring holes and you can put quality FAs in a couple of spots, it's okay and JUSTIFIED.

The idea, regardless of draft, FA, or trade, is building the best team. When opportunities present themselves, you seize that moment and IMPROVE your team, you don't wait and put all of your eggs in one basket and depend solely on the draft.

You utilize all facets that are your disposal to improve the players on your team. Like I said earlier, we haven't done much of signifigance in FA, IMO. Retaining your own quality players should be a given to anybody with a clue on building a team.

BossChief
03-14-2012, 08:55 PM

Build through the draft.

Add complimentary pieces in free agency.Until this team shows the willingness to take the necessary steps to be successful, they don't deserve to be treated like they have.

For year and years I called for building through the draft....we are going about it the right way for the most part...

We are 32 million dollars UNDER THE CAP and let one of our best young defenders walk to save 3 million dollars.

Oh, and by the way, he was A KID WE DRAFTED.

I can understand letting guys like that walk when you are close to the cap, but not when we are 30+ million under it.

I still think we're a year or two away from being Super Bowl contenders. The Peyton Manning shit blinded us to make us feel closer to that than we actually are. Without Manning, we're just playoff contenders, but not title contenders.

That's when you make your splash, typically, when you're only missing a piece or two.

How many pieces do you think we are away from being a superbowl team?

Show me these holes on this roster.

QB
C
NT
RT

Thats about it.

Winston is a pro bowl quality RT that has lots of experience in zone blocking.

There are two centers that also have zone experience, out there.