PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs sign Peyton Hillis

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Messier
03-14-2012, 08:52 PM
With some exceptions, I see a lot of good blocking in that montage

You do with most successful RBs. That's what makes them successful.

MahiMike
03-14-2012, 09:02 PM
Best FA signing so far. You'll see...

hometeam
03-14-2012, 09:02 PM
Its the age old problem...

consistency vs upside

why not both?

griZZly64
03-14-2012, 09:05 PM
This is a fuckin amazing signing. Any of you bitching just won't be satisfied no matter what we do.

bowener
03-14-2012, 09:16 PM
Finally a player on O that might play with some anger or fire.

Okie_Apparition
I thought Daboll was like all mean & stuff

JohnnyHammersticks
Good signing, but what are we going to do about the fact that no starter over the last 3 years with 1,000 attempts is as bad a QB as Cassel? He is absolute rock-bottom the worst full-time starter in the league over the last 3 years.

If my team is going to have the worst starter in the league at any position, I'm glad that it's a relatively unimportant position like starting QB. :facepalm:

rico
03-14-2012, 09:18 PM
I just typed Peyton Hillis into a text message and my phone auto-corrected it to Petting Bullshit.

LMAO!!! I was just getting on here to write that my fiancee sent me a text, informing me that we signed "Petting Billiard" and I was confused as hell all the way home from work. She then clarified it as Peyton Hillis and told me it was her auto text that changed it to Petting Billiard.

Sofa King
03-14-2012, 09:23 PM
I'm happy with this cheap 1 year signing. He's better than anything we have for #2 rb, and could potentially be great.

DJ's left nut
03-14-2012, 09:24 PM
As Bill Williamson laughs at us...

Hillis is another interesting component to Kansas City’s offense. An offense featuring Charles, Hills, receivers Dwayne Bowe, Steve Breaston, Jon Baldwin and tight end Tony Moeaki is powerful. It has the potential to both wear down opponents and to score quickly. The Chiefs are trying to make it even better. They are trying to sign Tolbert and former Houston standout right tackle Eric Winston. Plus, the team is bringing in former Oakland tight end Kevin Boss to pair with Moeaki.

Instead of trying to replace quarterback Matt Cassel, it seems that the Chiefs are bent on giving him as much help as possible. Potential Cassel competitors Jason Campbell, Kyle Orton and Chad Henne have all signed elsewhere.

{sigh}

Messier
03-14-2012, 09:26 PM

{sigh}

The sad this is that it will work to some extent, and Cassel will appear at a distance to be doing a good job.

Start Croyle
03-14-2012, 09:27 PM
Terrible!

Why get this player? First, the modern NFL rules and playstyle favors passing so heavily! Second, the 'life expectency' of a running back's career is very short! He was over-used in Cleveland and there's no way he's going to give the same production in KC as he did there!

Terrible signing!

ChiefsCountry
03-14-2012, 09:28 PM

{sigh}

Brady Fucking Quinn is going to take us to the ship.
Posted via Mobile Device

carlos3652
03-14-2012, 09:28 PM
RB: Charles/Hillis/Tolbert/McCluster
WR: Bowe/Baldwin/Breaston
TE: Moeaki/Boss
OL: Albert/Asamoah/Hudson/Lilja/Winston

Wow... talk about upgrade and depth...

Okie_Apparition
03-14-2012, 09:29 PM
Zorn will never find work again

Simplicity
03-14-2012, 09:30 PM
I like this signing... I like change even if it is "iffy"... Heck I'm excited to see Stanford in a Chiefs jersey. Now lets go out and get Winston and draft Tannehill and get rid of Cassel and we look pretty good :D ... Oh I guess we can get Tolbert too!!!

aturnis
03-14-2012, 09:31 PM
With some exceptions, I see a lot of good blocking in that montage

So you're saying Priest Holmes wasn't REALLY a great RB?

evolve27

The Chiefs barely signed Hillis... This is too overly optimistic

Messier
Terrible!

Why get this player? First, the modern NFL rules and playstyle favors passing so heavily! Second, the 'life expectency' of a running back's career is very short! He was over-used in Cleveland and there's no way he's going to give the same production in KC as he did there!

Terrible signing!

The guy is 26 and signed a one year deal to be a change of pace for Charles. I think he'll be fine.

TEX
03-14-2012, 09:32 PM

FANTACY!

BoneKrusher
03-14-2012, 09:32 PM
Hey Scott,
we wanted Peyton Manning, not Peyton Hillis.

booger
03-14-2012, 09:33 PM

{sigh}

they need to sign Josh ****ing Johnson right away

aturnis
03-14-2012, 09:33 PM
If my team is going to have the worst starter in the league at any position, I'm glad that it's a relatively unimportant position like starting QB. :facepalm:

Who's this guy. Johnny Hammersticks... now he's hammerin' away like he's Tommy Noble...what in the hell's he doin'?

Chocolate Hog
03-14-2012, 09:38 PM
Why in the fuck won't Manning sign here? This would be a really fun team with those guys and Manning.

tk13
Well I was probably leaning toward Tolbert, he's a bowling ball. But that said, it's a 1 year, $3 million deal. You can't complain about that. We absolutely need a RB to pair with Charles. It certainly has the potential to be a pretty strong backfield.

aturnis
Terrible!

Terrible signing!

Huh. Overused in Cleveland huh? 270 carries is overused? Dude has carried the ball 512 times in a 4yr. career. Fact check. Can we get a fact check here?

Hoover
03-14-2012, 09:40 PM
Needs a fresh start.

Low risk, high reward. Can we just play him at FB?

Strongside
03-14-2012, 09:42 PM
Who's this guy. Johnny Hammersticks... now he's hammerin' away like he's Tommy Noble...what in the hell's he doin'?

Drinkin' outta cups. Bein a bitch.

Reerun_KC
03-14-2012, 09:44 PM
Bawahahahaha.. O this is too perfect... What a complete failure of a signing...

The new Great White Hope!!!

KCrockaholic
03-14-2012, 09:44 PM
I still feel like it would be epic to sign both Hillis and Tolbert. We would easily have the most versatile backfield in the league. And since we can't pass the ball because of our shit QB, we can run it 50 times a game and wear the opponent down. Then maybe Cassel gets a cheap TD or something to pad his stats like usual.

ChiefsCountry
03-14-2012, 09:45 PM
Why in the fuck won't Manning sign here? This would be a really fun team with those guys and Manning.

His wife wants to go home.
Posted via Mobile Device

TheGuardian
03-14-2012, 09:47 PM
I don't get why people are down on this signing. It's a 1 year deal, so you're all but assured if he's healthy he will play his ass off.

And people who keep dogging on him, did they fucking watching him play in 2010? He was a god damn wrecking crew. Sheesh.

KCrockaholic
Posted via Mobile Device

Fucking cunt. :mad:

ChiefFripp
I still feel like it would be epic to sign both Hillis and Tolbert. We would easily have the most versatile backfield in the league. And since we can't pass the ball because of our shit QB, we can run it 50 times a game and wear the opponent down. Then maybe Cassel gets a cheap TD or something to pad his stats like usual.

I feel like that's the general idea.

O.city
03-14-2012, 09:49 PM
OL: Albert/Asamoah/Hudson/Decastro/Winston

Fixed your post.

Chocolate Hog
03-14-2012, 09:50 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Seriously?

Fritz88
03-14-2012, 09:50 PM

{sigh}

This fucking pisses me off to no end.

Why is Scott doing this? why?

Cassel is the weakest link on this offense.

We will only hate him further and further.

Fritz88
03-14-2012, 09:53 PM

With Cassel, all of this is nothing.

Ebolapox
Turtleneck
with another on deck
'case I spill something on it (like some light beer?)--yeah

Tombstone RJ
Kansas City Chiefs‏@kcchiefsReply
Retweet

Favorite
· Open

The #Chiefs have agreed to terms with RB Peyton Hillis. More details to come on http://KCChiefs.com

well kc did get Peyton after all... :evil:

KCrockaholic
03-14-2012, 09:54 PM
By keeping Cassel on the roster he's only digging his hole deeper. I guess he doesn't like having a job.

Gonzo
03-14-2012, 09:56 PM
Terrible!

Terrible signing!

I see you trollin...

ChiefsCountry
Seriously?

Major reason. She is from Tennessee. Not to mention he is a legend in that state. Titans are pretty well bulit as well with Britt and Chris Johnson. You add alot of it up it makes alot of sense.
Posted via Mobile Device

Easy 6
TOGETHER, THEY'RE TAKING ON THE MOB!!!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZeoBXS53SJ8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LMAO you're a real ****head, but you really do add a lot around here.

ChiefRocka
03-14-2012, 09:57 PM
Charles, Hillis and McCluster. Earth, wind and fire!!!!

Mccluster is the goofy corn rolled guitarist for sure.

Reerun_KC
03-14-2012, 09:57 PM
By keeping Cassel on the roster he's only digging his hole deeper. I guess he doesn't like having a job.

Just curious?

Who does Scott answer too? Chiefsplanet or Clark Hunt...

There isnt anyone on this message board that actually knows what is is truly going on...

Hoover
03-14-2012, 10:00 PM
We know that Cassel sucks but what do you do to replace him with something better?

I don't think any of the QB's that have signed are really that much of an upgrade and non are long term solutions.

Okie_Apparition
03-14-2012, 10:00 PM
Teicher does not elaborate
If it still happens Peyton will be alone or soon forgotten

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Hillis was scheduled to talk at a news conference Thursday. In the meantime, he sent a message from his Twitter account that read, “Appreciate all my fans in Cleveland for the support given to me in my time there. Can’t wait to get back on the field and go to work in KC.”

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/03/14/3491218/chiefs-agree-to-terms-with-peyton.html#storylink=cpy

milkman
03-14-2012, 10:02 PM
Terrible!

Terrible signing!

They say ignorance is bliss, so you must be one happyass mother!

KCrockaholic
03-14-2012, 10:03 PM
Just curious?

Who does Scott answer too? Chiefsplanet or Clark Hunt...

There isnt anyone on this message board that actually knows what is is truly going on...

It doesn't matter. Pioli was brought in to control all football operations. He brought Cassel here, and he continues to keep him as the starter. It's on him. If he keeps Cassel as the QB the fans will be sick of it, and wont be buying tickets like Clark wants.

Reerun_KC
03-14-2012, 10:05 PM
It doesn't matter. Pioli was brought in to control all football operations. He brought Cassel here, and he continues to keep him as the starter. It's on him. If he keeps Cassel as the QB the fans will be sick of it, and wont be buying tickets like Clark wants.

Gotcha

Chiefs=Good
03-14-2012, 10:08 PM
well kc did get Peyton after all... :evil:

I need to hear this joke more.

Tombstone RJ
03-14-2012, 10:10 PM
I need to hear this joke more.

my bad, I did not scroll through all 20 pages, just kind of winged it.

Rain Man
03-14-2012, 10:12 PM
Whoa. This is news. I just got off a plane and didn't see this coming at all. I like it.

Rain Man
03-14-2012, 10:16 PM

Put tolbert, hillis and charles in the backfield and bench cassel.

milkman
03-14-2012, 10:17 PM
Whoa. This is news. I just got off a plane and didn't see this coming at all. I like it.

Is that the same plane the Brady Quinn was on?

Buck
03-14-2012, 10:18 PM
Bush and Tolbert can't do this...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/81ZczEWEcDY?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xeurG53N6KM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ChiefsCountry
03-14-2012, 10:18 PM
Is that the same plane the Brady Quinn was on?

Its Brady Fucking Quinn, milk. Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Garcia Bronco
03-14-2012, 10:24 PM
interesting.

Halfcan
03-14-2012, 10:39 PM
Maybe we will be able to pick up a first down this year when it is 3rd and less than a yard??

Never impressed with Mclain-seemed slow and didnt break many tackles.

Cephalic Trauma
03-14-2012, 10:42 PM
Put tolbert, hillis and charles in the backfield and bench cassel.

I think you're onto something.

Wildcat with two bangers and a burner. Hasn't been done before.

TEX
03-14-2012, 10:44 PM
Was this the Peyton Clark was talking about?..

KCrockaholic
03-14-2012, 10:46 PM

...Actually it has, but I wont get into that.

milkman
03-14-2012, 10:48 PM

If I were posting the response 312, I would surely assume this joke has been played.

But hey, you go on with your unoriginal bad self.

TEX
03-14-2012, 11:33 PM
If I were posting the response 312, I would surely assume this joke has been played.

But hey, you go on with your unoriginal bad self.

Just keep on ASSUming...

Cephalic Trauma
03-14-2012, 11:36 PM
...Actually it has, but I wont get into that.

:rolleyes:

aturnis
03-14-2012, 11:41 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xeurG53N6KM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dammit Buck. Don't debunk me!

Honestly, I must not have paid enough attention. I knew he had every bit as much talent as a runner that Hillis did. I thought where Hillis set himself apart was as a pass catching threat out of the backfield. I obviously underestimated Tolbert's effectiveness there.

Honestly, I still think Hillis is a good pickup, came cheap on a prove it contract, but I do believe Tolbert probably has the better chance of duplicating what he has flashed.

I may have spoken too soon. Hmmmm. We'll see I guess.

aturnis
03-14-2012, 11:42 PM

A lot like Denver's offense last year...

Simplicity
03-14-2012, 11:49 PM
Let's not forget we are still meeting with Tolbert...

lostcause
03-15-2012, 12:13 AM
This is great and at $3million an absolute steal if we get a Hillis anywhere near 2010 caliber.

KCtotheSB
03-15-2012, 12:22 AM
Let's not forget we are still meeting with Tolbert...

Charles + Hillis + Tolbert = 0 negative yardage plays all season :)

salame
03-15-2012, 12:30 AM
Yeah like Tolbert really wants to come here and be really limited in playing time....

Wallcrawler
03-15-2012, 01:07 AM
I like the signing.

As far as length is concerned, NOBODY was signing this dude longer than one year with the "Im gonna join the CIA" shitstorm that he stirred up. Its a safe deal for the Chiefs that has the potential to pay off pretty big if he's focused.

Jones is gone, and we dont know how Jamaal is gonna look after the ACL rehab. Charles isnt durable enough to carry the full load anyway, and Hillis is the type of smashmouth runner that can get some tough yards when we need them, provided he can hold onto the football. He's going to be a damn good asset to this offense.

People tend to forget that Jamaal coughs it up in some very shitty situations as well, so its not like we werent going to have the danger of some turnovers in running situations.

Im really just glad they signed someone. Its still a cheap deal, but given the player and the situation, no team in the league was gonna sign this dude long term so he could Ricky Williams them.

salame
03-15-2012, 01:25 AM
I like the signing.

As far as length is concerned, NOBODY was signing this dude longer than one year with the "Im gonna join the CIA" shitstorm that he stirred up. Its a safe deal for the Chiefs that has the potential to pay off pretty big if he's focused.

Jones is gone, and we dont know how Jamaal is gonna look after the ACL rehab. Charles isnt durable enough to carry the full load anyway, and Hillis is the type of smashmouth runner that can get some tough yards when we need them, provided he can hold onto the football. He's going to be a damn good asset to this offense.

People tend to forget that Jamaal coughs it up in some very shitty situations as well, so its not like we werent going to have the danger of some turnovers in running situations.

Im really just glad they signed someone. Its still a cheap deal, but given the player and the situation, no team in the league was gonna sign this dude long term so he could Ricky Williams them.

This is pretty much how I feel about the signing as well. IF he is healthy he should be good.

Joe Seahawk
03-15-2012, 01:49 AM
Seems like a very good signing to me. good job Chiefs.

BryanBusby
03-15-2012, 02:14 AM
CasteFootball gonna love this signing.

I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a lot of work at FB with McClain leaving. So, I wouldn't rule out Tolbert.

lostcause
03-15-2012, 02:21 AM
Winston taking out the DE, with Hillis lead blocking and Tolbert going off tackle... Sounds fucking mean.

KILLER_CLOWN
03-15-2012, 02:23 AM
The only negative i see is Cassel is still the QB and we won't need short yardage packages on 3rd and 15+.

lostcause
03-15-2012, 02:26 AM
The only negative i see is Cassel is still the QB and we won't need short yardage packages on 3rd and 15+.

so what? a good defense and a ruthless running game can win a lot of ball games.

KILLER_CLOWN
03-15-2012, 02:33 AM
so what? a good defense and a ruthless running game can win a lot of ball games.

Yup 8-8 and if we're fortunate enough to make the playoffs another 1st round exit. We can watch another team draft a franchise qb, rinse and repeat.

Easy 6
03-15-2012, 02:40 AM

Dont worry... i hear it from a good source that Stanzi is doing his pushups, taking his vitamins & saying his prayers to the Hulkster every single night.

He's got this, bruh.

KILLER_CLOWN
03-15-2012, 02:42 AM
Dont worry... i hear it from a good source that Stanzi is doing his pushups, taking his vitamins & saying his prayers to the Hulkster every single night.

He's got this, bruh.

If we could trade Cassel for Bledsoe we may have something, hopefully Romeo isn't as thickheaded about starting Stanzi as Wiretap boy was.

pr_capone
03-15-2012, 02:47 AM
Yup 8-8 and if we're fortunate enough to make the playoffs another 1st round exit. We can watch another team draft a franchise qb, rinse and repeat.

I cannot bear watching another Kasl lead team. If we aren't gonna bring in talent... its time for Stanzi to seize the reigns. If this kid cannot beat out Kasl for the starting gig by game 1, he has no business being in KC either. At that point we are looking for a mercenary. (Garcia, McNabb, George)

If Stanzi has the starting job I will gladly be patient and watch him grow into the position. This team simply cannot move forward with Kasl at the helm.

Ugly Duck
03-15-2012, 03:08 AM
woopidity doo dah..... without a QB we still suck

You just don't get it. Chiefs can now trade Hillis plus some draft picks for a 1st round QB like Denver did. Its a smart move.

The Bad Guy
03-15-2012, 05:46 AM
I have to believe they are viewing Tolbert as a fullback/fallback option to share with Hillis if JC isn't ready.

Los Pollos Hermanos
03-15-2012, 07:15 AM
I have to believe they are viewing Tolbert as a fullback/fallback option to share with Hillis if JC isn't ready.

Wasn't Hillis a FB in college?

Deberg_1990
03-15-2012, 07:35 AM

If they sign Tolbert it would seem to indicate they are worried about Charles somewhat....

The Bad Guy
03-15-2012, 07:36 AM
If they sign Tolbert it would seem to indicate they are worried about Charles somewhat....

I don't think it says that at all. Daboll's offense uses a fullback a lot.

They need one and Tolbert is great at that.

The Bad Guy
03-15-2012, 07:40 AM
Wasn't Hillis a FB in college?

He was, but that's really not going to be his role here.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-15-2012, 07:42 AM
Hillis+Charles+Tolbert = Making up for Cassel's weakness.

htismaqe
03-15-2012, 09:37 AM
I don't think it says that at all. Daboll's offense uses a fullback a lot.

They need one and Tolbert is great at that.

Yep.

Tolbert is a true triple-threat FB. He's a decent ballcarrier, a good receiver out of the backfield, and a good blocker.

He'd be the full-time FB in this offense, whereas Hillis would be splitting carries with Charles.

htismaqe
03-15-2012, 09:38 AM
Hillis+Charles+Tolbert = Making up for Cassel's weakness.

I honestly like this option better than Richardson + Charles.

Hillis is on a 1-year deal and Tolbert isn't gonna get much more than 2 or 3.

So they can mask Cassel for another year or 2 and then completely move on.

Richardson would be here a lot longer than 2 years.

OnTheWarpath58
03-15-2012, 09:38 AM
Yep.

Tolbert is a true triple-threat FB. He's a decent ballcarrier, a good receiver out of the backfield, and a good blocker.

He'd be the full-time FB in this offense, whereas Hillis would be splitting carries with Charles.

Well, until he sits out with a hangnail or strep throat.

OnTheWarpath58
03-15-2012, 09:40 AM
I honestly like this option better than Richardson + Charles.

Hillis is on a 1-year deal and Tolbert isn't gonna get much more than 2 or 3.

So they can mask Cassel for another year or 2 and then completely move on.
Richardson would be here a lot longer than 2 years.

Here's the problem - he'll play just good enough for Scott to keep him around.

Cassel's going nowhere, folks.

Brock

Of course they're worried about Charles.

vailpass
Broke Dick Mountain

But everybody loves a white guy

MIAdragon
03-15-2012, 09:41 AM

Naa need warm bodies to run the ball eleventy billion times a game to cover up the fact that our QB is a pos.

Count Alex's Losses
03-15-2012, 09:42 AM
Well, until he sits out with a hangnail or strep throat.

He's not gonna quit like he did last year.

He's here to prove something.

vailpass
03-15-2012, 09:43 AM

What would that be?

Brock
03-15-2012, 09:44 AM

He already proved it. A quitter can make 3 million dollars in the NFL.

Count Alex's Losses
03-15-2012, 09:45 AM
What would that be?

That the Broncos were idiots for getting rid of him.

Chiefnj2
03-15-2012, 09:45 AM
He'll give a good effort in a contract year. He's crazy, but not necessarily stupid. He'll immediately be a crowd favorite.

OnTheWarpath58
03-15-2012, 09:46 AM
He already proved it. A quitter can make 3 million dollars in the NFL.

Bingo.

DaKCMan AP
03-15-2012, 09:46 AM
For most of last season Tolbert was the 3rd down back for San Diego and is a great receiver out of the backfield. He could fill that role for KC better than Charles or Hillis.

MIAdragon
03-15-2012, 09:48 AM
For most of last season Tolbert was the 3rd down back for San Diego and is a great receiver out of the backfield. He could fill that role for KC better than Charles or Hillis.

Fucking Cassel sucks

vailpass
03-15-2012, 09:51 AM
That the Broncos were idiots for getting rid of him.

You know nothing John Snow.

Count Alex's Losses
03-15-2012, 09:53 AM
Be honest:

Hillis, or Slowshon Moreno?

tyton75
03-15-2012, 09:55 AM
Don't mind the signing for 1 year... but would still like to get Tolbert too

Dicky McElephant
03-15-2012, 10:11 AM
We could sign Tolbert and then determine how JC is progressing in TC. If Charles is back to 100%.....we could easily cut Hillis. It's only a 1 year deal. If JC isn't back....we keep Hillis and Tolbert both.

Los Pollos Hermanos
03-15-2012, 10:12 AM
We could sign Tolbert and then determine how JC is progressing in TC. If Charles is back to 100%.....we could easily cut Hillis. It's only a 1 year deal. If JC isn't back....we keep Hillis and Tolbert both.

The way running backs get hurt, they should keep all 3 no matter what.

OnTheWarpath58
03-15-2012, 10:13 AM

Love this idea. (cutting Hillis in TC)

But won't happen.

O.city
Keep all three. Cut Dex or make him be the slot wr he was supposed to be.

TheGuardian
Be honest:

Really?

That one is easy. Slowshon has been a total bust.

Count Alex's Losses
03-15-2012, 10:14 AM
Love this idea. (cutting Hillis in TC)

But won't happen.

Really?

You think Hillis has less value than McCluster?

Unpossible.

vailpass
Be honest:

Are you retarted?

Count Alex's Losses
Answer the question.

vailpass
03-15-2012, 10:15 AM
Answer the question.

You can make requests but you don't give orders boy.

OnTheWarpath58
03-15-2012, 10:16 AM
Really?

That one is easy. Slowshon has been a total bust.

True on Knowshon, but Hillis as had one decent year, and quit on his team.

Neither excite me.

Count Alex's Losses
03-15-2012, 10:16 AM
If you're not going to engage in debate, you should just leave the board, troll.

OnTheWarpath58
03-15-2012, 10:17 AM
Really?

You think Hillis has less value than McCluster?

Unpossible.

For all the bashing of Dex I've partaken in, I give him credit for not being a quitter. Dude plays hurt.

vailpass
03-15-2012, 10:18 AM
If you're not going to engage in debate, you should just leave the board, troll.

LMAO Draven you are a bad ass motha'.

Dicky McElephant
03-15-2012, 10:19 AM
For all the bashing of Dex I've partaken in, I give him credit for not being a quitter. Dude plays hurt.

I like the value of McCluster when he actually has a QB who knows how to get him the ball. Cassel isn't that QB.

Count Alex's Losses
03-15-2012, 10:19 AM

The only reason Hillis quit is because Cleveland didn't want to pay him.

L.A. Chieffan
03-15-2012, 10:20 AM
Cassel is going to be dangerous with that backfield. LETS GET IT ON!

vailpass
03-15-2012, 10:20 AM

That is acceptable to you?

Count Alex's Losses
03-15-2012, 10:21 AM
That is acceptable to you?

I see no reason Hillis is going to come here and quit.

He's gonna come here and run hard and make plays in an effort to get paid.

L.A. Chieffan
03-15-2012, 10:22 AM
HILLIS IS A BEAST SON

vailpass
03-15-2012, 10:22 AM
HILLIS IS A BEAST SON

I loved him in Denver. Durability was the only concern.

L.A. Chieffan
03-15-2012, 10:24 AM
THATS RIGHT NOW HES HEALTHY WIT MY MAN JC AND MY BOY CASSEL! WATCH OUT SON, DONKEY FANS SHAKIN' IN THEIR HORSESHOES

OnTheWarpath58
03-15-2012, 10:24 AM

LMAO

OK.

So quitting is acceptable to you.

Marcellus
03-15-2012, 10:26 AM
The Browns beat reporter is about to come up on 610. They plan to ask what Peyton's issues were in Cleveland and want his opinion on whether he is a diva or what not.

DJ's left nut
03-15-2012, 10:26 AM

I know this is probably a re-post, but here's the plan: The single wing.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/55/Double-wing2.GIF
Put Charles as the tailback taking the snap, have Tolbert playing the fullback role alongside him, and have McCluster and Hillis playing the wingbacks, due to their ability to receive.

I guess the problem there is that we'd need a couple more O-lineman on the field. Seeing as how Pioli has struggled to come up with four decent lineman, let alone the 5 required for a conventional offense or 7 required to run an offense that can actually function when Matt Cassel is your starting quarterback, it seems like this is also doomed to fail.

I hate you so much, Scott Pioli...

BigCatDaddy
03-15-2012, 10:27 AM
Did I miss how he quit? I know he kept trying to come back and kept reinjuring his hamstring similar to what happened with AJ.

vailpass
03-15-2012, 10:28 AM
I know this is probably a re-post, but here's the plan: The single wing.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/55/Double-wing2.GIF
Put Charles as the tailback taking the snap, have Tolbert playing the fullback role alongside him, and have McCluster and Hillis playing the wingbacks, due to their ability to receive.

I guess the problem there is that we'd need a couple more O-lineman on the field. Seeing as how Pioli has struggled to come up with four decent lineman, let alone the 5 required for a conventional offense or 7 required to run an offense that can actually function when Matt Cassel is your starting quarterback, it seems like this is also doomed to fail.

I hate you so much, Scott Pioli...

That would make two AFC West teams running this offense.

OnTheWarpath58
03-15-2012, 10:30 AM
Did I miss how he quit? I know he kept trying to come back and kept reinjuring his hamstring similar to what happened with AJ.

First, he sat out a game with strep throat on the advise of his agent.

Second, there were reports that his hamstring issue was not much of an issue.

Third, the organization and his teammates felt he wasn't giving 100%

Fourth, his committment to football has been questioned based on reports he thought about retiring. He's denied it.

Did I forget anything?

Chiefnj2
03-15-2012, 10:33 AM

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-silver_peyton_hillis_hamstring_contract_browns110411

BigCatDaddy
03-15-2012, 10:34 AM

Fourth, his committment to football has been questioned based on reports he thought about retiring. He's denied it.

Did I forget anything?

Thanks, I remember the strep thing as well.

I just know that dude ran hard and tough when he did carry the ball. Hopefully running behind a better line inspires him a bit.

DJ's left nut
03-15-2012, 10:35 AM
That would make two AFC West teams running this offense.

Yeah, but if we had Charles playing tailback instead of Tebow, we'd have a more dangerous passing game than the Broncos.

Los Pollos Hermanos
03-15-2012, 10:36 AM

Did I forget anything?

Wasn't he going to join the CIA?

OnTheWarpath58
03-15-2012, 10:36 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-silver_peyton_hillis_hamstring_contract_browns110411

And we gave him a $2.4M raise.

Count Alex's Losses
03-15-2012, 10:37 AM
LMAO

OK.

So quitting is acceptable to you.

No, it's not.

I don't think he'll quit in KC.

I don't blame him for quitting in Cle.

DJ's left nut

Did I forget anything?

He was a blocking back for 4 years in college and a cut candidate for 3 consecutive years in Denver before exploding onto the scene. He had every reason to quit for several years and never did.

Maybe he simply burned out all of the sudden. Maybe the light turned off and he's not going to be able to turn it on.

But people wired in a manner that allowed him to play the way he did for 7 seasons before last year don't simply lose all the drive to compete, IMO. This guy got broken down last season by something between his ears. Maybe it's still there, maybe it isn't.

But what does it hurt to find out?

vailpass
No, it's not.

LMAO Never got it, never will.

vailpass
03-15-2012, 10:38 AM
Yeah, but if we had Charles playing tailback instead of Tebow, we'd have a more dangerous passing game than the Broncos.

LMAO Well played.

Count Alex's Losses
03-15-2012, 10:38 AM
Shut the fuck up, vailpass. Your opinion is worthless around here.

vailpass
03-15-2012, 10:39 AM
Wasn't he going to join the CIA?

shhhhhh

Count Alex's Losses
I'll bet you $100 RIGHT NOW Hillis outrushes Slowshon Moreno, vailpass.

OnTheWarpath58
No, it's not.

Uh...

There's no excuse to quit on your teammates.

Count Alex's Losses
Uh...

There's no excuse to quit on your teammates.

OK, whatever.

He's not gonna quit in KC. No logical reason to.

OnTheWarpath58
03-15-2012, 10:41 AM
He was a blocking back for 4 years in college and a cut candidate for 3 consecutive years in Denver before exploding onto the scene. He had every reason to quit for several years and never did.

Maybe he simply burned out all of the sudden. Maybe the light turned off and he's not going to be able to turn it on.

But people wired in a manner that allowed him to play the way he did for 7 seasons before last year don't simply lose all the drive to compete, IMO. This guy got broken down last season by something between his ears. Maybe it's still there, maybe it isn't.

This organization is dysfunctional enough without taking on another problem child - especially when there are better options in FA.

Not to mention that the draft is the easist, cheapest place to find a RB.

vailpass
I'll bet you $100 RIGHT NOW Hillis outrushes Slowshon Moreno, vailpass.

If we were still kids I'd fake a punch at you then give you two for flinching. Quit trying to be aggressive, you don't have it in you.

OnTheWarpath58
OK, whatever.

He's not gonna quit in KC. No logical reason to.

There wasn't a reason to in Cleveland either.

DJ's left nut
03-15-2012, 10:44 AM
This organization is dysfunctional enough without taking on another problem child - especially when there are better options in FA.

Gotta use a pick on one, a pick that could otherwise be used to improve a different area on the squad (for instance, Foles instead of Miller).

And this doesn't preclude finding a long-term option at RB in the draft anyway if that's the route you wanted to go.

Besides, the roster isn't dysfunctional. There's a great amount of team cohesion on this squad - these players like each other. They like Romeo. By all accounts, the players are a great unit.

The dysfunction is upstairs. Hell, the dysfunction upstairs provides the common enemy that may create the cohesion on the field.

Don't confuse our kind of dysfunction with stuff like you saw in Tennessee a couple of years ago. The dysfunction in KC shouldn't truly impact the ballplayers.

LTL
03-15-2012, 10:47 AM

Nothing really. Moss quit on the Raiders and was thought to be washed up when the Pats took a chance and look at what happened.

Maybe Daboll can keep the guy in check and motivated.

Los Pollos Hermanos
03-15-2012, 10:47 AM
I wish the Chiefs would have signed Martellus Bennett so we could have had the two least mentally stable players in the NFL.

unlurking
03-15-2012, 10:48 AM
Gotta use a pick on one, a pick that could otherwise be used to improve a different area on the squad (for instance, Foles instead of Miller).

And this doesn't preclude finding a long-term option at RB in the draft anyway if that's the route you wanted to go.

Besides, the roster isn't dysfunctional. There's a great amount of team cohesion on this squad - these players like each other. They like Romeo. By all accounts, the players are a great unit.

The dysfunction is upstairs. Hell, the dysfunction upstairs provides the common enemy that may create the cohesion on the field.

Don't confuse our kind of dysfunction with stuff like you saw in Tennessee a couple of years ago. The dysfunction in KC shouldn't truly impact the ballplayers.
Two great posts in a row DJ.

NewChief
03-15-2012, 10:51 AM

As I've said repeatedly on here, I'm from Hillis's hometown. My family knows his family very well, so I've been following this kid since high school (he's a lot younger than me, though, so I don't know him personally).

I think your take is good on him. He definitely has had some mental issues. He's always been a bit of a head case (not always in a bad way), but that wackiness can also be an asset if he's playing somewhere that he believes in the system and feels good about things. Houston Nutt and him had some personality conflicts as well which caused problems for him on the Razorbacks, but he still played well here.

I think KC, culture wise, is a good fit for him. He's a bit like Jared Allen, and I can see KC fans falling in love with him and vice versa if he's successful.

Marcellus
03-15-2012, 10:54 AM

CP bitches when the FO signs players that they feel have good ethic and work history but less talent. Or in other words want chior boys with heart over troubled talented players.(See John McGraw)

CP bitches about Clark not spending $.

They sign a guy who has questionable ethic but is talented and pay him some of Clark's $ and people bitch.

There is zero risk here. 1 year $3MM. No draft pick risked. His old OC is our new OC so there is some first hand experience with the player.

I think some people bitch out of habit.

the Talking Can
03-15-2012, 11:00 AM
why is pointing out that he is a quitter, which he is, a problem?

do we have to lie about him just because he's a Chief now?

I'm a terrible fan because I point out that a quitter is in fact a quitter?

Count Alex's Losses
03-15-2012, 11:00 AM
Calling Hillis a problem child is a stretch.

Count Alex's Losses
03-15-2012, 11:01 AM
There wasn't a reason to in Cleveland either.

Sure, he was getting fucked by the org.

Chiefnj2
03-15-2012, 11:02 AM
Sure, he was getting ****ed by the org.

How? He had ONE good year and the team was negotiating with him. They could have said 'screw you, play out your contract and then we'll talk'.

vailpass
03-15-2012, 11:02 AM

Pretty easy to tell who has never been a teammate.

Count Alex's Losses
03-15-2012, 11:03 AM
How? He had ONE good year and the team was negotiating with him. They could have said 'screw you, play out your contract and then we'll talk'.

LMAO

It's Cleveland. They make the Chiefs look like the Redskins.

Detoxing
03-15-2012, 11:04 AM

There's no getting around it. I know you get boners for these big "run you over" type of backs, but the guys was a cry baby last season.

The only thing i can even remember about the Browns of 2011 was all the Peyton Hillis drama because he was acting like a bitch.

He had one good season and was demanding some stupid contract that no one was going to pay him.

Count Alex's Losses
03-15-2012, 11:06 AM
There's no getting around it. I know you get boners for these big "run you over" type of backs, but the guys was a cry baby last season.

The only thing i can even remember about the Browns of 2011 was all the Peyton Hillis drama because he was acting like a bitch.

He had one good season and was demanding some stupid contract that no one was going to pay him.

The only good thing I can even remember about the Browns of 2010 was PEYTON HILLIS.

Anyway, I don't know why this is relevant. The dude got a little cash in his pocket. He's gonna come here and run hard to try and get a big deal.

Dicky McElephant
03-15-2012, 11:08 AM
Here is his contract details.

RavensInsider Peyton Hillis' one-year, $3 million deal includes $1.4 million salary, $1.4 million bonus and a $200,000 workout bonus, per a league source

NewChief
03-15-2012, 11:08 AM
I predict that, if he stays healthy, Chief fans will have no complaints about his efforts or "quitting" or anything of that nature.

OnTheWarpath58
03-15-2012, 11:09 AM

That's what I don't get - he's had ONE 1100 yard year.

People talk like he's had 5.

vailpass
03-15-2012, 11:10 AM

One 1100 yard year = 5 1100 yard white boy years

OnTheWarpath58
03-15-2012, 11:11 AM
One 1100 yard year = 5 1100 yard white boy years

LMAO

Count Alex's Losses
03-15-2012, 11:12 AM

Why does it matter?

It's not like he was running behind some great offensive line.

Running backs can either play, or they can't (see DMC).

Hillis can play, and he hasn't suffered any devastating injuries.

buddha
03-15-2012, 11:14 AM
Hillis is a great pick up for KC. He was THE man in 2010. I think he will quickly become a KC fan favorite. Charles and Hillis in the backfield together...? Wow.

BigChiefFan
03-15-2012, 11:14 AM
I've never seen so many people get excited over a second stringer on a one year deal.

Thig Lyfe
03-15-2012, 11:15 AM

No, I think he meant Peyton Manning.

TheGuardian
03-15-2012, 11:16 AM
This thread is going to be all sorts of fun to bump if Hillis stays healthy.

OnTheWarpath58
03-15-2012, 11:17 AM
Why does it matter?

It's not like he was running behind some great offensive line.
Running backs can either play, or they can't (see DMC).

Hillis can play, and he hasn't suffered any devastating injuries.

Other than RT, the 2010 line was pretty fucking solid.

Thomas - Steinbach - Mack - Womack - St. Clair

Rausch
03-15-2012, 11:18 AM

Hillis is exactly the type of back I'd want us to have while having exactly the type of personality I hate.

OnTheWarpath58
03-15-2012, 11:18 AM
I've never seen so many people get excited over a second stringer on a one year deal.

What's funny about this?

If he been signed anywhere else, these same folks jizzing over him would be talking about what a dumb signing he was, one year wonder, quitter, etc.

The Arrowhead on the helmet does wonders.

unlurking
03-15-2012, 11:19 AM
Or if he goes down in TC or pre-season.

I think it's a great signing though.

Chiefnj2
03-15-2012, 11:19 AM
Honestly, I wish they gave him a deal that was structured like Routt's. 1 year if he doesn't perform well, that they can easily convert into a multi year contract if he's good.

This is a low risk deal, but if he plays well you run the risk of the same thing that happened in Cleveland.

Count Alex's Losses
03-15-2012, 11:24 AM
Other than RT, the 2010 line was pretty fucking solid.

Thomas - Steinbach - Mack - Womack - St. Clair

Are you kidding me?

Someone post these guys PFF ratings. I know Steinbach sucks, and I'm pretty sure St. Clair sucks.

Bowser
03-15-2012, 11:25 AM
My reaction to when I first heard this yesterday? And I quote - "Whoop-de-fucking-doo"

mcaj22
03-15-2012, 11:26 AM
Steinbach was not bad the year Peyton Shittis ran like a monster

Count Alex's Losses
03-15-2012, 11:26 AM
My reaction to when I first heard this yesterday? And I quote - "Whoop-de-fucking-doo"

Massive upgrade from Thomas Jones and Jackie Battle.

Count Alex's Losses
03-15-2012, 11:29 AM
Steinbach was not bad the year Peyton Shittis ran like a monster

No, he sucked. He was just about the worst guard in football.

OnTheWarpath58
03-15-2012, 11:30 AM
Are you kidding me?

Someone post these guys PFF ratings. I know Steinbach sucks, and I'm pretty sure St. Clair sucks.

With all that time in the basement, maybe you could put the computer aside and actually watch games - and come to your own conclusions?

Steinbach had a good year in 2010, and Thomas and Mack were ProBowlers, Thomas was a 1st Team All-Pro.

That line was much better than anything we've trotted out recently.

Reerun_KC
03-15-2012, 11:32 AM
Ah GoFraud has his new pet...

this is going to be fun to watch.... DVD part Duex?

DJ's left nut
03-15-2012, 11:32 AM
What's funny about this?

If he been signed anywhere else, these same folks jizzing over him would be talking about what a dumb signing he was, one year wonder, quitter, etc.

The Arrowhead on the helmet does wonders.

Gimme a break.

A bunch of people have made reasoned, rational arguments for why the guy could be a great pickup at low cost - how's that just homer banter?

All we get in return is "he's a quitter"...as though his career has been defined by repeated instances of checking out.

The folks that are letting their bias color this are not the people that are in favor of it...

BigChiefFan
03-15-2012, 11:33 AM

...so is a speed bump.

Bowser
03-15-2012, 11:34 AM

YOU are a massive upgrade from Thomas Jones and Jackie Battle.

Count Alex's Losses
03-15-2012, 11:39 AM
Steinbach had a good year in 2010.

He was rated among the worst guards in the league.

Cleveland's line was 10th worst in run blocking.

You ain't winning this argument.

unlurking
03-15-2012, 11:42 AM
YOU are a massive upgrade from Thomas Jones and Jackie Battle.
I wouldn't go THAT far.

Bowser
03-15-2012, 11:42 AM
I'll feel better about Hillis being here, IF we get Winston, too.

As of now, he's just a guy coming off an injury laden season to back up our main guy coming off an injury. Hopefully he can regain his form, but I just feel pretty meh about it.

OnTheWarpath58
03-15-2012, 11:43 AM

Gimme a break.

A bunch of people have made reasoned, rational arguments for why the guy could be a great pickup at low cost - how's that just homer banter?

All we get in return is "he's a quitter"...as though his career has been defined by repeated instances of checking out.

The folks that are letting their bias color this are not the people that are in favor of it...

As someone who has played organized sports from age 6 on, I can't get on board with someone who quit on his team - for any reason. And I'm sure as hell not on board with more than quadrupling his salary for 1 good year.

As far as I'm concerned, that has defined his career to this point - when you think of Peyton Hillis, you think of two things - his one decent season in the league, and him quitting on his teammates.

Once a quitter, always a quitter.

Rather use a late draft pick to fill the hole, or sign someone like Tolbert, who's actually a better fit for this team and locker room.

unlurking
03-15-2012, 11:44 AM
I'll feel better about Hillis being here, IF we get Winston, too.

As of now, he's just a guy coming off an injury laden season to back up our main guy coming off an injury. Hopefully he can regain his form, but I just feel pretty meh about it.
Pretty much. Low risk risk signing with tons of potential. Winston makes that potential more likely. Winston is the key signing this FA (since we apparently aren't getting a QB).

unlurking
03-15-2012, 11:44 AM
As someone who has played organized sports from age 6 on, I can't get on board with someone who quit on his team - for any reason. And I'm sure as hell not on board with more than quadrupling his salary for 1 good year.

As far as I'm concerned, that has defined his career to this point - when you think of Peyton Hillis, you think of two things - his one decent season in the league, and him quitting on his teammates.

Rather use a late draft pick to fill the hole, or sign someone like Tolbert, who's actually a better fit for this team and locker room.
Eddie Quitterson, right?

OnTheWarpath58
03-15-2012, 11:45 AM
He was rated among the worst guards in the league.

Cleveland's line was 10th worst in run blocking.

You ain't winning this argument.

Says the guy who relies on other people's opinions to form his own.

Hoover
03-15-2012, 11:45 AM
I think Hillis is replacing McClain at FB, which would be awesome.

bevischief
03-15-2012, 11:48 AM
Peyton Hillis' one-year, $3 million deal includes $1.4 million salary, $1.4 million bonus and a $200,000 workout bonus, per a league source

Twitter / Aaron Wilson

Count Alex's Losses
03-15-2012, 11:51 AM

Facts are facts.

Dicky McElephant
03-15-2012, 11:51 AM
Peyton Hillis' one-year, $3 million deal includes $1.4 million salary, $1.4 million bonus and a $200,000 workout bonus, per a league source

Twitter / Aaron Wilson

Q

OnTheWarpath58
03-15-2012, 11:57 AM
Facts are facts.

Uh...

Thig Lyfe
03-15-2012, 11:58 AM

Aren't all opinions shaped, at least to some extent, by the opinions of others?

Epic Fail 007
03-15-2012, 12:00 PM
On nfl network they say there is a very small outside chance manning signs here. Hey its a chance.

beach tribe
03-15-2012, 12:01 PM

How is what he did any different from any player who has ever held out.
Seems to me he was smart enough to know that after his breakout season Cle. was gonna ride his ass into the ground for pennies, and if he kept running the way he did, there was a good chance he would never see a decent pay day.
I don't give a rats ass if he quit on a team that he was traded to, who were obviously going to spur him to his death for minimum wage, when he knew that he had a chance to set up his family if he could stay healthy.
It's a one year deal. BFD.

beach tribe
03-15-2012, 12:05 PM
Uh...

Statistical analytics are not a matter of opinion.

This reminds me of Dane McCloud's "majority" theory. LMFAO.

Thig Lyfe
03-15-2012, 12:05 PM
On nfl network they say there is a very small outside chance manning signs here. Hey its a chance.

WE'RE STILL IN THIS THING, GANG!!!

Epic Fail 007
03-15-2012, 12:06 PM

You really can`t blame him Im sure its hard to get motivated to play for the browns.

Mr. Laz
03-15-2012, 12:06 PM
Chiefs OC Brian Daboll played big role in landing Peyton Hillis
By Josh Looney
Posted 8 minutes ago
READ
DISCUSS
Comments:
Hillis: “Coach Daboll believed in me.”

Peyton Hillis has yet to touch a football in Kansas City.

Brian Daboll hasn’t called his first play.

Regardless, the Chiefs’ new running back and offensive coordinator are tied together in trying to better the team’s offensive production next season.

Hillis knows Daboll well. Their one year together in Cleveland saw Hillis churn out the most productive season of his NFL career and his first 1,000-yard rushing campaign. He reached folk hero status not only with Browns fans, but with football fans across the country, winning a nationwide vote to be the cover athlete of Madden Football following the 2010 season.

“He believed in me and believed what I could do,” Hillis remembered of his time spent with Daboll. “What he does works. I’m very excited about the opportunity to be a Chief.”

Daboll’s presence in Kansas City played a huge role in landing Hillis as an unrestricted free agent from Cleveland. Hillis had been one of the Chiefs’ top free agent targets after Jamaal Charles’ season-ending knee injury left a gaping hole in the team’s rushing offense last season.

The Chiefs boasted committee of runners behind Charles, each with their own specialty, but lacked a runner who could command the rushing load game-in and game-out.

In addition, 2011 team rushing leader Jackie Battle is testing the market as an unrestricted free agent. Thomas Jones is an unrestricted free agent as well and fullback Le’Ron McClain signed a three-year deal with San Diego Wednesday night.

Kansas City was expecting significant turnover in the backfield heading into 2012, making Hillis’ addition an in-house priority.

With Daboll, Hillis excelled moving from fullback to tailback when injuries sidelined Jerome Harrison and James Davis. It was the second time of his career he’d successfully moved from fullback to feature back, doing so as a rookie with Denver in 2008 as well.

“I think that Coach Daboll thought about me more than just a fullback,” Hillis remembered.

Hillis has taken advantage of the opportunities he’s received as a feature back throughout his career. He’s notched 100 or more rushing yards in 70% (7/10) of the games he’s received at least 20 rushing attempts.

“I’m excited about being here,” Hillis said. “With Jamaal Charles and Dexter McCluster in the backfield, I think we’ll have a huge backfield that can do some really great things.”

Hillis also turned in his best receiving season under Daboll in 2010, catching a career-high 61 passes for 477 yards. His versatility as a blocker, rusher and receiver gives Daboll plenty of personnel options when installing the Chiefs offense this spring and summer.

Signed to a one-year contract, Hillis understands the need to show he can excel under Daboll once more.

“A lot of people want me to show that I can do my stuff again,” Hillis said. “If that’s the case, I’m more than happy to do it.”

After battling injuries and illness throughout the 2011 season, Hillis passed his physical with the Chiefs and claims to have “never been healthier.” He missed games last season because of strep throat and an ailing hamstring, but is expected to participate fully in the team’s off-season program.

"We are happy that Peyton decided to join us," Chiefs Head Coach Romeo Crennel said. "Peyton is a big, strong, physical back with a lot of talent and he should fit into our system well. We are looking forward to working with him and adding him into our offense."

Hillis called recent rumors claiming he considered retirement last season to join the CIA “horrendous.”

Chiefnj2
03-15-2012, 12:07 PM

Subjective grading of an offensive lineman is not a matter of opinion?

TheGuardian
03-15-2012, 12:10 PM

Eddie Kennison supposedly quit on the Broncos.

He did nothing but play his guts out here for the best stretch of his career.

So, give it a fucking rest.

ChiefsandO'sfan
03-15-2012, 12:10 PM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/media-center/videos/Welcome-to-KC-Peyton-Hillis/b3925883-bc8a-4144-a0a2-68a6348cd3b0

Nice

Count Alex's Losses
03-15-2012, 12:11 PM
Uh...

If it's on PFF it's pretty much a fact.

OnTheWarpath58

This reminds me of Dane McCloud's "majority" theory. LMFAO.

The goal of our detailed gradingprocess is to gauge how players execute their roles over the course of a game by looking at the performance of each individual on each play. We look beyond the stat sheet at game footage to try to gain an understanding of how well a lineman is blocking on a given play, how much space and help a runner is being given on a play, how effectively a pass rusher brings pressure or how well a defender covers a receiver.

Opinion. Subjective.

FAR from fact.

the Talking Can

why?

that's not nothing to do with the fact he quit last year...

the only question is why Chiefs fans choose to lie about it?

TheGuardian
03-15-2012, 12:13 PM
why?

that's not nothing to do with the fact he quit last year...

the only question is why Chiefs fans choose to lie about it?

I don't think there is any doubt that he sucked shit, attitude wise, last year.

But there are people talking like this isn't a good pick up if he's healthy.

It is. He's a MASSIVE upgrade over what we had. He absolutely trucked people week in and out in 2010, and is great at catching the ball out of the backfield AND blocking.

His ability shouldn't be put in so much question. The fact that he signed a 1 year deal says he'll prolly play hard this season looking for a bigger contract.

Count Alex's Losses
03-15-2012, 12:13 PM
Opinion. Subjective.

FAR from fact.

Uh, huh, whatever.

Hillis ran behind a shit line. It wasn't anything close to good if it was ranked that low.

beach tribe
03-15-2012, 12:14 PM
Subjective grading of an offensive lineman is not a matter of opinion?

After looking at their "elusiveness" rating they have. I recant.

htismaqe
03-15-2012, 12:14 PM
Chiefs OC Brian Daboll played big role in landing Peyton Hillis
By Josh Looney
Posted 8 minutes ago
READ
DISCUSS
Comments:
Hillis: “Coach Daboll believed in me.”

Peyton Hillis has yet to touch a football in Kansas City.

Brian Daboll hasn’t called his first play.

Regardless, the Chiefs’ new running back and offensive coordinator are tied together in trying to better the team’s offensive production next season.

Hillis knows Daboll well. Their one year together in Cleveland saw Hillis churn out the most productive season of his NFL career and his first 1,000-yard rushing campaign. He reached folk hero status not only with Browns fans, but with football fans across the country, winning a nationwide vote to be the cover athlete of Madden Football following the 2010 season.

“He believed in me and believed what I could do,” Hillis remembered of his time spent with Daboll. “What he does works. I’m very excited about the opportunity to be a Chief.”

Daboll’s presence in Kansas City played a huge role in landing Hillis as an unrestricted free agent from Cleveland. Hillis had been one of the Chiefs’ top free agent targets after Jamaal Charles’ season-ending knee injury left a gaping hole in the team’s rushing offense last season.

The Chiefs boasted committee of runners behind Charles, each with their own specialty, but lacked a runner who could command the rushing load game-in and game-out.

In addition, 2011 team rushing leader Jackie Battle is testing the market as an unrestricted free agent. Thomas Jones is an unrestricted free agent as well and fullback Le’Ron McClain signed a three-year deal with San Diego Wednesday night.

Kansas City was expecting significant turnover in the backfield heading into 2012, making Hillis’ addition an in-house priority.

With Daboll, Hillis excelled moving from fullback to tailback when injuries sidelined Jerome Harrison and James Davis. It was the second time of his career he’d successfully moved from fullback to feature back, doing so as a rookie with Denver in 2008 as well.

“I think that Coach Daboll thought about me more than just a fullback,” Hillis remembered.

Hillis has taken advantage of the opportunities he’s received as a feature back throughout his career. He’s notched 100 or more rushing yards in 70% (7/10) of the games he’s received at least 20 rushing attempts.

“I’m excited about being here,” Hillis said. “With Jamaal Charles and Dexter McCluster in the backfield, I think we’ll have a huge backfield that can do some really great things.”

Hillis also turned in his best receiving season under Daboll in 2010, catching a career-high 61 passes for 477 yards. His versatility as a blocker, rusher and receiver gives Daboll plenty of personnel options when installing the Chiefs offense this spring and summer.

Signed to a one-year contract, Hillis understands the need to show he can excel under Daboll once more.

“A lot of people want me to show that I can do my stuff again,” Hillis said. “If that’s the case, I’m more than happy to do it.”

After battling injuries and illness throughout the 2011 season, Hillis passed his physical with the Chiefs and claims to have “never been healthier.” He missed games last season because of strep throat and an ailing hamstring, but is expected to participate fully in the team’s off-season program.

"We are happy that Peyton decided to join us," Chiefs Head Coach Romeo Crennel said. "Peyton is a big, strong, physical back with a lot of talent and he should fit into our system well. We are looking forward to working with him and adding him into our offense."

Hillis called recent rumors claiming he considered retirement last season to join the CIA “horrendous.”

Awesome. Jamal Charles had to backup Thomas Jones and new he gets to backup Peyton Hillis!

OnTheWarpath58
03-15-2012, 12:15 PM
Awesome. Jamal Charles had to backup Thomas Jones and new he gets to backup Peyton Hillis!

LMAO

Dicky McElephant
03-15-2012, 12:18 PM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/media-center/videos/Welcome-to-KC-Peyton-Hillis/b3925883-bc8a-4144-a0a2-68a6348cd3b0

Nice

He couldn't take the dip out of his mouth for the interview?

The Bad Guy
03-15-2012, 12:19 PM
I don't know why people really care about who starts. Jamal at 15 carries is plenty for him.

I'm willing to give Hillis a chance before I rip him endlessly.

NewChief
03-15-2012, 12:19 PM
He couldn't take the dip out of his mouth for the interview?

That's how we roll in Conway.LMAO

the Talking Can
03-15-2012, 12:20 PM

It is. He's a MASSIVE upgrade over what we had. He absolutely trucked people week in and out in 2010, and is great at catching the ball out of the backfield AND blocking.

His ability shouldn't be put in so much question. The fact that he signed a 1 year deal says he'll prolly play hard this season looking for a bigger contract.

most quitters remain quitters (Randy Moss quit on every team he ever played for..people made the same excuses for him they're making in this thread.."it was the team..it was the coach" etc.)...but he's more talented than 2 Yard Jones, without question...

NewChief
03-15-2012, 12:21 PM
most quitters remain quitters (Randy Moss quit on every team he ever played for..people made the same excuses for him they're making in this thread.."it was the team..it was the coach" etc.)...but he's more talented than 2 Yard Jones, without question...

As others said: how did Eddie Quitterson work out for us?

TheGuardian
03-15-2012, 12:27 PM

Which is why if he's just here for a year, it won't matter. It's a good signing when you take into account that he's very talented, but we didn't give him anything but a big incentive to do well this year.

OnTheWarpath58
03-15-2012, 12:27 PM

I hope he pans out. God knows, we're going to need a Top 5 running game to have any success this year.

Just saying that if given the choice, I'd pass on the guy who I have to guess "if" he's gonna have his head screwed on straight - especially when RB is the easiest position to fill via the draft, and there are other non-headcases available in FA.

TheGuardian
03-15-2012, 12:30 PM
well I'm hoping we still sign Tolbert as well. Sick ass backfield at that point.

the Talking Can
03-15-2012, 12:30 PM
As others said: how did Eddie Quitterson work out for us?

the guy who's wife was diagnosed with lupus while she was pregnant, after several days of passing out?

is who you're comparing to a guy who faked a sore throat?

ok...I'll bow out of this thread before I say something...

OnTheWarpath58
03-15-2012, 12:32 PM
well I'm hoping we still sign Tolbert as well. Sick ass backfield at that point.

We agree here.

TheGuardian
03-15-2012, 12:32 PM
the guy who's wife was diagnosed with lupus while she was pregnant, after several days of passing out?

is who you're comparing to a guy who faked a sore throat?

ok...I'll bow out of this thread before I say something...

Eddie was still shit on as a quitter by the fucking Donkeys after that.

Just add that to one of the reasons why I hate the Donkeys and their god damn fans so much. And why I will always have a soft spot for Eddie K because he always made those fucking bastards eat their words when we played em.

unlurking
03-15-2012, 12:35 PM
I hope he pans out. God knows, we're going to need a Top 5 running game to have any success this year.

Just saying that if given the choice, I'd pass on the guy who I have to guess "if" he's gonna have his head screwed on straight - especially when RB is the easiest position to fill via the draft, and there are other non-headcases available in FA.
Can understand that. Just think this was a swing for the fences in the 9th when we're down by 5. What's it hurt? It's not like we're getting a QB this off-season.

Chocolate Hog
03-15-2012, 12:36 PM

Did he really quit? There was controversy with the strip throat thing. The agent who instructed him not to play with strep is no longer his agent plus he really played good in the final few games of the season.

Chiefnj2
03-15-2012, 12:42 PM
plus he really played good in the final few games of the season.

Not really. Since his return in late November he only had one game with over 100 yards rushing and I don't think he scored more than 1 or 2 TDs during that last 5-6 game stretch.

Chocolate Hog
03-15-2012, 12:46 PM
Not really. Since his return in late November he only had one game with over 100 yards rushing and I don't think he scored more than 1 or 2 TDs during that last 5-6 game stretch.

He ran for over 100 yards against Baltimore playing for a team with a QB worse than Cassel and no weapons what so ever.

OnTheWarpath58
03-15-2012, 12:47 PM
He ran for over 100 yards against Baltimore playing for a team with a QB worse than Cassel and no weapons what so ever.

Well, fuck. Pioli's a goddamn genius.

That's worth at least $5M.

Chocolate Hog
03-15-2012, 12:54 PM
Well, ****. Pioli's a goddamn genius.

That's worth at least $5M.

Giving Peyton Hillis a 1 year deal for 3 million is going to set this franchise back! Fuck!

Count Alex's Losses
03-15-2012, 12:57 PM
Giving Peyton Hillis a 1 year deal for 3 million is going to set this franchise back! Fuck!

Yup. Can't believe the bitching.

Guys like Peyton Hillis aren't a dime a dozen. Hell, Taco john was in here talking him up.

Dicky McElephant
03-15-2012, 12:57 PM
I still hope they sign Tolbert though.

Chocolate Hog
03-15-2012, 12:58 PM
Hillis: 161 587 yards

Tolbert: 121 490 yards

Huge difference.

htismaqe
03-15-2012, 12:58 PM
I still hope they sign Tolbert though.

Me too.

OnTheWarpath58
03-15-2012, 12:59 PM

Didn't say that at all.

However, I'm not going to jizz my shorts over a single 100 yard game in the last two months of the season.

Count Alex's Losses
03-15-2012, 12:59 PM
Hillis: 161 587 yards

Tolbert: 121 490 yards

Huge difference.

Tolbert will never, ever be a feature back in this league like Hillis can be.

Hillis > Tolbert

Detoxing
03-15-2012, 01:01 PM
Tolbert will never, ever be a feature back in this league like Hillis can be.

Hillis > Tolbert

At least let the guy put on the Red & Gold before you lip lock on his nut sack. JFC kid...

Count Alex's Losses
03-15-2012, 01:02 PM
At least let the guy put on the Red & Gold before you lip lock on his nut sack. JFC kid...

Explain why he can't be the guy he was in 2010.

One reason.

Chocolate Hog
03-15-2012, 01:03 PM
Didn't say that at all.

However, I'm not going to jizz my shorts over a single 100 yard game in the last two months of the season.

Understandable. I just think the quitting thing is a bit overstated and the guy doesn't have to run for 1,000 yards here. Just convert a 3 & 1 and score some touchdowns on the goal line. We haven't been able to do that the last few years.

OnTheWarpath58
Yup. Can't believe the bitching.

Guys like Peyton Hillis aren't a dime a dozen. Hell, Taco john was in here talking him up.

I know when I think of the guys around here who's opinion I value the most, Taco is right up there with Parker and Milkman.

:facepalm:

Nightfyre
This thread makes GoChiefs look like a fool... again.

Chiefnj2
03-15-2012, 01:05 PM

You said he ran well at the end of the season. Ran well does not equal 1 good game out of 6.