PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs sign Peyton Hillis

Pages : 1 2 [3]

htismaqe
03-15-2012, 12:05 PM
I know when I think of the guys around here who's opinion I value the most, Taco is right up there with Parker and Milkman.

:facepalm:

What did I ever do to you? :deevee:

BigChiefFan
03-15-2012, 12:07 PM
I can't excited about anyone on a one year deal, with the amount of cap space we have. He's a filler and a back-up. In other words, role-player for a year.

Solid player, but he certainly isn't the first target I would have liked to seen brought in.

Count Zarth
This thread makes GoChiefs look like a fool... again.

What have I said about Hillis that isn't true?

OnTheWarpath58
What did I ever do to you? :deevee:

LMAO

YOU'RE MY BOY, BLUE!

Detoxing
03-15-2012, 12:09 PM
Explain why he can't be the guy he was in 2010.

One reason.

Because he wasn't that guy in 2011?

Lol, WTF?

Chocolate Hog
03-15-2012, 12:10 PM
You said he ran well at the end of the season. Ran well does not equal 1 good game out of 6.

"plus he really played good in the final few games of the season."

I didn't say 6 games I said few games. (Arizona 26 carries 99 yards and a tocuhdown, Baltimore 24 carries 4.7 yards) Sure looks like a guy who quit.

Continue to split hairs the point still stands.

OnTheWarpath58
03-15-2012, 12:10 PM

Lol, WTF?

Or 2009, or 2008.

Nightfyre
03-15-2012, 12:20 PM
What have I said about Hillis that isn't true?

You said that him quitting on his team was acceptable. Get out of madden mode, imo.

qabbaan
03-15-2012, 12:22 PM
Nothing wrong with signing Hillis. Nothing particularly exciting about it either.

Marcellus
03-15-2012, 12:32 PM
Didn't say that at all.

However, I'm not going to jizz my shorts over a single 100 yard game in the last two months of the season.

Nobody is jizzing in their shorts over getting a solid back up to Charles.

However some people, such as myself, don't understand those that are shitting all over it like its such a travesty of a signing. Ridiculously negative hyperbole.

If we signed Manning today some of you would bitch it took too long.

Count Zarth
03-15-2012, 12:33 PM
You said that him quitting on his team was acceptable. Get out of madden mode, imo.

Wrong.

Count Zarth
03-15-2012, 12:33 PM

Lol, WTF?

Sure he was. He just gave up. Not like his talent got sucked out.

OnTheWarpath58
03-15-2012, 12:37 PM
Nobody is jizzing in their shorts over getting a solid back up to Charles.

However some people, such as myself, don't understand those that are shitting all over it like its such a travesty of a signing. Ridiculously negative hyperbole.

If we signed Manning today some of you would bitch it took too long.

I wasn't responding to anyone but Billay there. That's why I quoted him.

He claimed that Hillis had some good games at the end of the year. Untrue.

Also, not seeing where the hyperbole is. Did he, or did he not quit on the team? Did you read the article posted in this thread? His teammates held multiple "intervention" style meetings with him.

No hyperbole there. Fact.

And if we sign Manning, I'll be thrilled. I'd rather draft and develop, but since that's not happening, Manning is the only other option if this team wants to win even a playoff game in the next 5 years, much less a SB.

ChiefMojo
03-15-2012, 12:38 PM
To be fair didn't Hillis did have 99 yards and 112 yards in two of the last three ball games.

Chocolate Hog
03-15-2012, 12:39 PM
I wasn't responding to anyone but Billay there. That's why I quoted him.

He claimed that Hillis had some good games at the end of the year. Untrue.

24 for 147 isn't a good game?

OnTheWarpath58
03-15-2012, 12:40 PM
To be fair didn't Hillis have back to back games at 100 or over to end the season?

He only had 1 100 yard game all year, so I doubt it.

IIRC, Cleveland finished the year against the Steelers. Doubt he ran for anything close to 100 against them.

OnTheWarpath58
03-15-2012, 12:44 PM
24 for 147 isn't a good game?

In what game did he go 24/147?

And FWIW, you said "last few games".

Dude had 3 TD's all year, hope they all came late in the year.

BigCatDaddy
03-15-2012, 12:47 PM
He only had 1 100 yard game all year, so I doubt it.

IIRC, Cleveland finished the year against the Steelers. Doubt he ran for anything close to 100 against them.

Yes, 99 and 112 vs the Cards and Balitmore.

Count Zarth
03-15-2012, 12:49 PM
Why are we even talking about last season?

He only got the ball 20 or more times in FOUR GAMES.

Last year is irrelevant, he proved what kind of player he is with consistent touches in 2010.

Count Zarth
03-15-2012, 12:51 PM

LMAO

NO ONE on that offense scored more than 4 TDs.

God damn, it was the 30th ranked offense in the NFL.

Chocolate Hog
03-15-2012, 12:51 PM
In what game did he go 24/147?

And FWIW, you said "last few games".

112 I meant.

Pretty impressive a guy who quit ran for over 100 yards against the Ravens. 3 touchdowns that's as many as our RB's combined last year.

Chiefnj2
03-15-2012, 12:55 PM
"plus he really played good in the final few games of the season."

I didn't say 6 games I said few games. (Arizona 26 carries 99 yards and a tocuhdown, Baltimore 24 carries 4.7 yards) Sure looks like a guy who quit.

Continue to split hairs the point still stands.

I'm not splitting hairs. You were wrong when you said he "really played good in the final few games of the season".

For the month of December and 1 game in January he averaged 3.79 yards on 82 carries and only had 1 TD. Sorry, but for a feature back (which he was in Cleveland) those are poor numbers.

For KC's sake I hope he returns to 2010 form. But there is no need to minimize his meltdown last year and his poor play just because he is now wearing red and gold.

Chocolate Hog
03-15-2012, 12:57 PM
I'm not splitting hairs. You were wrong when you said he "really played good in the final few games of the season".

For the month of December and 1 game in January he averaged 3.79 yards on 82 carries and only had 1 TD. Sorry, but for a feature back (which he was in Cleveland) those are poor numbers.

For KC's sake I hope he returns to 2010 form. But there is no need to minimize his meltdown last year and his poor play just because he is now wearing red and gold.

http://gifsoup.com/view1/2019974/avonfingerwag-o.gif

OnTheWarpath58
03-15-2012, 01:02 PM
LMAO

NO ONE on that offense scored more than 4 TDs.

God damn, it was the 30th ranked offense in the NFL.

Cribbs scored 5.

And KC was ranked 31st.

Your point?

OnTheWarpath58
03-15-2012, 01:02 PM

This.

Chocolate Hog
03-15-2012, 01:03 PM
He ran for 112 one game and ran for 99 the other late in the season but you guys said he quit on his team.

So which is it?

Fritz88
03-15-2012, 01:07 PM
Why are we even talking about last season?

He only got the ball 20 or more times in FOUR GAMES.

Last year is irrelevant, he proved what kind of player he is with consistent touches in 2010.

With Jamal here, is he going to get consistent touches?

OnTheWarpath58
03-15-2012, 01:07 PM
He ran for 112 one game and ran for 99 the other late in the season but you guys said he quit on his team.

So which is it?

Why don't we ask his teammates?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-silver_peyton_hillis_hamstring_contract_browns110411

Chocolate Hog
03-15-2012, 01:10 PM
Why don't we ask his teammates?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-silver_peyton_hillis_hamstring_contract_browns110411

Is that why they wanted to re-sign him?

Chocolate Hog
He quit on his team while running for over 100 yards on the Ravens. Impressive.

DJ's left nut
I don't think there is any doubt that he sucked shit, attitude wise, last year.

But there are people talking like this isn't a good pick up if he's healthy.

It is. He's a MASSIVE upgrade over what we had. He absolutely trucked people week in and out in 2010, and is great at catching the ball out of the backfield AND blocking.

His ability shouldn't be put in so much question. The fact that he signed a 1 year deal says he'll prolly play hard this season looking for a bigger contract.

Jesus folks - this says it all....

...well, not the post. The post says the same thing I keep saying.

What says all that needs to be said is that TheGuardian and I agree on something. And not even in the margins, but word for word agreement.

If we agree on something, it is clearly the correct answer.

The Bad Guy
03-15-2012, 01:12 PM
The coordinator he had all his success with is now our coordinator.

Why is it to hard to imagine actual production from this guy?

No one will give an F he quit on the Browns if he scores 10 touchdowns next year and is plowing over people.

vailpass
03-15-2012, 01:13 PM
Uh, huh, whatever.

Hillis ran behind a shit line. It wasn't anything close to good if it was ranked that low.

True. A lot of that can also be blamed on the shit OC he had there and...oh...sorry.

siberian khatru
03-15-2012, 01:14 PM

Or the coming apocalypse.

Hey, why are all the stars blinking out one by one?

DJ's left nut
03-15-2012, 01:16 PM

No one will give an F he quit on the Browns if he scores 10 touchdowns next year and is plowing over people.

Gimme 600 yds and 5 TDs, 3 of which come inside the 3, 2 of which actually matter - and this signing is golden.

Folks - he was arguably the best power back in the league 2 years ago. We have a shithouse short yardage running game. He's cheap by NFL standards and he's short term if he doesn't get his !@#$ in order.

He's an absolutely ideal fit for this team.

Granted, we still don't have a !@#$ing quarterback, but if we did, this guy would be a fantastic addition to a 13-3 football team.

Instead he'll probably just be a very nice addition to a 9-7 football team, but such is life under Scott Pioli.

OnTheWarpath58
03-15-2012, 01:17 PM

And if he doesn't, everyone will backtrack, saying it was a no-risk signing.

What's wrong with avoiding the issue altogether and signing or drafting someone we don't have to wonder or guess about their mental makeup?

Did he flash in 2010?

Yes.

Has he done anything worth a shit his other 3 years in the league?

No.

Did his teammates have to hold multiple interventions last year because of his effort and attitude?

Yes.

I'm not disagreeing just to disagree. An 1100 yard season isn't enough for me to turn a blind eye to the other two issues - especially when RB's aree a dime a dozen in the draft, and there are options we don't have to play the "what if" game in FA.

Personally, given the Guardian's background playing ball, I'm shocked he's taking this stance. Most, if not all guys who play organized athletics want nothing to do with quitters. Worst form of teammate.

DeezNutz
03-15-2012, 01:21 PM

What says all that needs to be said is that TheGuardian and I agree on something. And not even in the margins, but word for word agreement.

It might mean that you're both Big XII pillowgnawers.

TheGuardian
03-15-2012, 01:22 PM

Couldn't have said it better.

I just don't even get why there is an argument. This is a good signing. If he doesn't work out, it's literally no loss. If it does, it means more than likely he went for 700+ yards and 5-8 TD's and played a big part in helping the team win.

He can be evaluated after the season to see if he wants to return or get a longer term deal.

It's a win win situation.

TheGuardian
03-15-2012, 01:22 PM
It might mean that you're both Big XII pillowgnawers.

I'm an SEC guy.....

DJ's left nut
03-15-2012, 01:24 PM
I'm an SEC guy.....

I knew Missouri should've stayed in the Big XII...

DeezNutz
03-15-2012, 01:24 PM
I'm an SEC guy.....

As are Mizzou fans...now.

TheGuardian
03-15-2012, 01:46 PM
As are Mizzou fans...now.

True.

Anyway, my guess is, barring injury Hillis is going to be a great contributor to this team this year.

KCrockaholic
03-15-2012, 02:32 PM
Sports Science is kind lame...But hey, it's a Chiefs player.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ynz3wJ_yuiY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Bad Guy
03-15-2012, 02:36 PM
And if he doesn't, everyone will backtrack, saying it was a no-risk signing.

What's wrong with avoiding the issue altogether and signing or drafting someone we don't have to wonder or guess about their mental makeup?

Did he flash in 2010?

Yes.

Has he done anything worth a shit his other 3 years in the league?

No.

Did his teammates have to hold multiple interventions last year because of his effort and attitude?

Yes.

I'm not disagreeing just to disagree. An 1100 yard season isn't enough for me to turn a blind eye to the other two issues - especially when RB's aree a dime a dozen in the draft, and there are options we don't have to play the "what if" game in FA.

Personally, given the Guardian's background playing ball, I'm shocked he's taking this stance. Most, if not all guys who play organized athletics want nothing to do with quitters. Worst form of teammate.

Just admit this is all about your hate for Pioli.

I hate him too, so it's ok.

The Bad Guy
03-15-2012, 02:36 PM
Couldn't have said it better.

I just don't even get why there is an argument. This is a good signing. If he doesn't work out, it's literally no loss. If it does, it means more than likely he went for 700+ yards and 5-8 TD's and played a big part in helping the team win.

He can be evaluated after the season to see if he wants to return or get a longer term deal.

It's a win win situation.

Yes, that's how I see it too.

He has this one year to prove himself in the league again. He has everything to lose. What do the Chiefs lose?

Strongside
03-15-2012, 02:52 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ynz3wJ_yuiY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Now I see why Clark signed him. He wants to save on gas money by having Hillis pull his car around everywhere via body harness.

OnTheWarpath58
03-15-2012, 04:09 PM
Just admit this is all about your hate for Pioli.

I hate him too, so it's ok.

Not this time.

Had he signed Tolbert instead, I'd be praising him.

Though, regarding Pioli, this does make his "Right 53" bullshit look even more ridiculous.

Count Zarth
03-15-2012, 04:10 PM
Not this time.

Had he signed Tolbert instead, I'd be praising him.

Though, regarding Pioli, this does make his "Right 53" bullshit look even more ridiculous.

Hillis is a better player than Tolbert.

Chocolate Hog
03-15-2012, 04:12 PM

The reason why Clark signed Hillis is because he pulled a trash truck from I-70 to the Chiefs office.

mcaj22
03-15-2012, 04:18 PM
Hillis is a better player than Tolbert.

no he's not

Count Zarth
03-15-2012, 04:22 PM
no he's not

Yes, yes he is.

Hillis' best season? Better than Tolbert's.

For their career? Hillis wins.

Fuck, call me when Tolbert has 1700 yards from scrimmage.

DJ's left nut
03-15-2012, 04:24 PM
Hillis has more upside than Tolbert, IMO.

Hillis, in his 'awful' year last year was only marginally less effective than Tolbert. And Tolbert did it behind a line that Ryan Matthews tore shit up behind.

Tolbert's being wildly overrated by some folks around here because he's seen as a model citizen. Bottom line is that the Chargers were trying to get Tolbert more involved in the offense last year and he simply wasn't very good. I saw him essentially turtle around the goalline twice last season.

If Charles got hurt and Tolbert was asked to carry the load, we'd be very must screwed; he's just not that kind of guy. Hillis, OTOH, could be. Hell, Hillis is even younger than Tolbert.

Tolbert's floor his higher, Hillis' ceiling is.

With no quarterback in place and evidently no plans to actually improve the defense, gimme the upside player.

Count Zarth
03-15-2012, 04:25 PM
Tolbert is also overweight.

Maybe I'm stupid, but I don't like fat RBs. Seen enough after Bong Morris.

Bewbies
03-15-2012, 04:25 PM
Hillis is a good signing. I don't get all the pissing and moaning about it.

Count Zarth
03-15-2012, 04:26 PM
Hillis is a good signing. I don't get all the pissing and moaning about it.

He came cheap, so obviously he sucks.

Bewbies
03-15-2012, 04:30 PM
He came cheap, so obviously he sucks.

LMAO

Pretty much. If his 2011 was the same as his 2010 there's no way we'd have a shot at him. Franchise city...

TheGuardian
03-15-2012, 04:31 PM
Hillis has more upside than Tolbert, IMO.

Hillis, in his 'awful' year last year was only marginally less effective than Tolbert. And Tolbert did it behind a line that Ryan Matthews tore shit up behind.

Tolbert's being wildly overrated by some folks around here because he's seen as a model citizen. Bottom line is that the Chargers were trying to get Tolbert more involved in the offense last year and he simply wasn't very good. I saw him essentially turtle around the goalline twice last season.

If Charles got hurt and Tolbert was asked to carry the load, we'd be very must screwed; he's just not that kind of guy. Hillis, OTOH, could be. Hell, Hillis is even younger than Tolbert.

Tolbert's floor his higher, Hillis' ceiling is.

With no quarterback in place and evidently no plans to actually improve the defense, gimme the upside player.

LOL

As DJ pointed out before, when he and I are arguing so vehemently together, shit has to be true.

Hillis is a multi talented power back that you can build an offense around. Tolbert is not. Hillis IS more talented than Tolbert. I like Tolbert too, but Hillis is FAR FAR FAR and away more talented than Tolbert.

It's like some of you never watched him destroying people in 2010.

As DJ points out, if JC got hurt and all we had was Tolbert, there wouldn't be a lot we could do. With Hillis he is a great pass catcher, blocker, and runner. He's far more talented and versatile.

It's just mind boggling........

whoman69
03-15-2012, 06:50 PM
I think that guy is gone.

aturnis
03-15-2012, 08:25 PM
Pretty good contract. Gives him a lot of incentive to play.

Chiefs get Peyton Hillis on the cheap

Posted by Mike Florio on March 15, 2012, 10:19 PM EDT

As usual, the initial reports regarding the value of the contract signed by running back Peyton Hillis in Kansas City was overstated. But given that the reports suggested a one-year, $3 million deal, it couldn’t have been overstated by much.

Per a source with knowledge of the contracts, Hillis receives a fully-guaranteed base salary of $1.4 million, along with a $1 million fully-guaranteed roster bonus that comes due over the weekend.

The only fluff comes from $400,000 in per-game roster bonuses. If he has, say, strep throat and can’t play in a given game, he won’t earn $25,000.

And so it’s a base deal of $2.6 million, and it’s fully guaranteed. Which makes Hillis more likely to make it onto the final 53-man roster.

It’s still a lot less than Hillis had hoped to be getting.

ChiefsandO'sfan
04-03-2012, 08:15 PM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aJ78dtWlqGI?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aJ78dtWlqGI?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Count Zarth
07-04-2012, 12:18 PM
Another good thing about Hillis: He has excellent hands.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/07/04/three-years-of-drop-rate-running-backs/

Tombstone RJ
07-04-2012, 01:45 PM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aJ78dtWlqGI?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aJ78dtWlqGI?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

:LOL:

Tombstone RJ
07-04-2012, 01:47 PM
I can see it now, Hillis is the next Okoye right?

260lb RB flat on his azzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fvPxzQBIafo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KCBOSS1
07-04-2012, 02:42 PM
Actually, I think this will be the perfect role for Hillis. I'm biased being an Arkansas boy, but he was somewhat overshadowed by McFadden and Jones at AR and may turn out to be the best pro of the three if McFadden doesn't stay healthy. Everybody here knew he had the best hands. I was afraid that the Browns overused him in 2010, he runs so violent. But having had most of last year off, I would imagine he is back in good shape.

ChiefsandO'sfan
08-14-2012, 02:21 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8256166/nfl-peyton-hillis-ready-reboot

Good read.

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-14-2012, 02:23 PM
This guy is a fucking stud.

Chiefaholic
08-14-2012, 04:16 PM
Best HB tandem in the NFL by a large margin.

Start Croyle
09-09-2012, 10:43 PM
Terrible!

Why get this player? First, the modern NFL rules and playstyle favors passing so heavily! Second, the 'life expectency' of a running back's career is very short! He was over-used in Cleveland and there's no way he's going to give the same production in KC as he did there!

Terrible signing!

You guys scoffed at me for this post, but I knew I was right! Hillis = White Larry Johnson. 2.3 yards per carry today!

aturnis
09-09-2012, 11:00 PM
You guys scoffed at me for this post, but I knew I was right! Hillis = White Larry Johnson. 2.3 yards per carry today!

One game proves it! YOU'RE THE MAN!

New World Order
09-09-2012, 11:06 PM

Or Thomas jones 2.0

pr_capone
09-09-2012, 11:07 PM

so... look at this link and tell me.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/4485/larry-johnson

In what season did LJ average 2.3 ypc?

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-10-2012, 06:21 AM
The problem is that we used Eachus as a FB and he sucked ass. He's not a FB. In Cleveland, Hillis and Daboll had succes with Vickers at FB.

notorious
09-10-2012, 06:23 AM
meh

Hillis didn't have many holes to run through but broke some tackles when a guy was already on top of him.

He is the least of my worries.

King_Chief_Fan
09-10-2012, 06:26 AM

you are just a little early with that claim Nostradumbass.

how does a guy with a user name like start croyle have an credibility?

KCUnited
09-10-2012, 06:42 AM
Fescoe said this morning that Hillis skipped his shower and left the facility within the "12 minute cooling off period" before the media is allowed in. So the guy either didn't break a sweat yesterday, is a stank ass, or is a locker room baby many thought he was before we signed him.

mcaj22
09-10-2012, 06:59 AM
he should be more than "the least of your worries" because hes a bitch made baby who will quit on this team and be a locker room cancer unless the Chiefs pull something out of their ass and start winning

Von Dumbass
09-10-2012, 07:03 AM
he should be more than "the least of your worries" because hes a bitch made baby who will quit on this team and be a locker room cancer unless the Chiefs pull something out of their ass and start winning

What did he do wrong? Is this about him leaving the locker room before the media got there?

scorpio
09-10-2012, 07:10 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/9/9f/Invisible_Man.jpg/165px-Invisible_Man.jpg