PDA

View Full Version : Football Broncos & Peyton Manning

Mile High Mania
03-19-2012, 11:07 AM
Unless things go south here, it appears that Manning has chose Denver.

I'm mixed on this one. Obviously, if healthy - the guy has 2 or 3 solid years left, but to me, that's a huge "if" and a risk considering the age, injury and money.

I disagree with many that think Denver was the least appealing of the 3 and that he has nothing to work with in Denver. Obviously, we'll be discussing that into the ground a lot.

I would guess that Dallas Clark's signing isn't too far away either.

Overall, while I was perplexed and frustrated at times with Tebow last season... I do feel bad for him in this situation. It appears they are trading him and part of me is sad to see this happen. I do hope things work out for him - he's a great guy. Now, I have to explain to my 5 year old why his favorite player isn't the starting QB in Denver.

I know that many here will spin this as a negative, but Denver still has a lot of work to do in FA and the draft. I don't know what else is out there at WR/RB/TE... but they have needs there - nothing dramatic, but they need some more versatility.

Who knows... maybe they'll trade that R1 pick to PIT for Mike Wallace.

loochy
03-19-2012, 11:08 AM
I am kind of rofling here thinking about how Manning could get re injured in the first game and they've traded Tebow away.

Mile High Mania
03-19-2012, 11:10 AM
I am kind of rofling here thinking about how Manning could get re injured in the first game and they've traded Tebow away.

And, that's my big concern.

Rain Man
03-19-2012, 11:12 AM
Elway walks into the garden, kisses Tebow, and the Romans take him away.

Okie_Apparition
03-19-2012, 11:12 AM
The Peycos will burn on the field in a pyre of AIDS trees

WV
03-19-2012, 11:13 AM
I don't know what else is out there at WR/RB/TE... but they have needs there - nothing dramatic, but they need some more versatility.

This is what perplexed me? Outside of Thomas the WR core is empty, Decker is nice and perhaps semi equal to Collie, but after that there's nothing. I suppose they are really banking on the QB elevating the WR's.

WV
03-19-2012, 11:14 AM
Elway walks into the garden, kisses Tebow, and the Romans take him away.

ROFL...and your going to hell!!! :evil:

Donger
03-19-2012, 11:15 AM
So they are going to trade Tebow and they let Quinn go. What happens if Manning gets injured? Who are they going to bring in?

It sounds like a massive gamble on Manning's health AND ability to remain uninjured.

BigCatDaddy
03-19-2012, 11:16 AM
So they are going to trade Tebow and they let Quinn go. What happens if Manning gets injured? Who are they going to bring in?

It sounds like a massive gamble on Manning's health AND ability to remain uninjured.

I bet they make a move to draft Weeden.

KCtotheSB
03-19-2012, 11:17 AM
BRING IT, YOU INBRED, BUTT UGLY SON OF A BITCHES.

loochy
03-19-2012, 11:18 AM
BRING IT, YOU INBRED, BUTT UGLY SON OF A BITCHES.

That would be "sons of bitches"

Setsuna
03-19-2012, 11:18 AM

They will trade Tebow to SF and Denver will get Kapernick.

Setsuna
03-19-2012, 11:20 AM
OR Pats trade Mallet for Tebow. Done and done!

WV
03-19-2012, 11:20 AM
They will trade Tebow to SF and Denver will get Kapernick.

Harbaugh isn't dumb enough to do that! We should trade Cassel to SF for Kapernick though.

WhiteWhale
03-19-2012, 11:21 AM

I find it weird that nobody seems to concerned about the nerve damage either.

Nerve damage isn't usually a temporary problem.

boogblaster
03-19-2012, 11:22 AM
F PM and the donks .....

DaFace
03-19-2012, 11:23 AM
I've kind of come to terms with it. I won't pretend that I'm happy Manning ended up in Denver by any means, but him going there does derail the team's rebuilding plans a bit. They were doing pretty well at catching up and even passing us in that regard, but Manning going there puts them in 1993 Chiefs mode. It will make our lives miserable for a year or two (if he stays healthy), but hopefully we'll be better set up for the long term than they will given that we're not dumping huge amounts of cap room into one guy.

Saul Good
03-19-2012, 11:24 AM
If the Jags trade for Tebow, would you be willing to offer them a 2nd or 3rd for Gabbert?

WV
03-19-2012, 11:25 AM
If the Jags trade for Tebow, would you be willing to offer them a 2nd or 3rd for Gabbert?

No....give Stanzi a shot. Gabbert looked the same all year as he did in game 1.

Mile High Mania
03-19-2012, 11:32 AM

Tebow for Gabbert?

Saul Good
03-19-2012, 11:35 AM
Tebow for Gabbert?

I'm asking Chiefs fans if they would be willing to trade for Gabbert if the Jags trade for Tebow. That said, Tebow for Gabbert would make a LOT of sense for both teams.

Mile High Mania
03-19-2012, 11:37 AM
I'm asking Chiefs fans if they would be willing to trade for Gabbert if the Jags trade for Tebow. That said, Tebow for Gabbert would make a LOT of sense for both teams.

I could support that... if Brandon Marshall is worth two R3 picks, does that equate to one R1? I dunno.

Send the R1 pick to PIT for Mike Wallace, send a R4 pick to CAR for Stewart, sign Dallas Clark. Go for it.

They've committed to this SB or Bust plan - time to throw long term rebuilding out the window and load up for a short run. You can't realistically do both.

bevischief
03-19-2012, 11:41 AM

I have been saying for months.

Mile High Mania
03-19-2012, 11:43 AM
I have been saying for months.

My guess is that after 3 teams had doctors check him out (along with his own doctors), that they're not as concerned as many think they should be. So, I have to believe that's a big positive.

Garcia Bronco
03-19-2012, 11:45 AM
Jeff Saturday and Dallas Clark are visiting the Broncos.

Garcia Bronco
03-19-2012, 11:45 AM
My guess is that after 3 teams had doctors check him out (along with his own doctors), that they're not as concerned as many think they should be. So, I have to believe that's a big positive.

Dude..Brian Dawkins has had the same kind of neck surgery.

R8RFAN
03-19-2012, 11:46 AM
No wr's = doom for Peyton...

Garcia Bronco
03-19-2012, 11:47 AM
No wr's = doom for Peyton...

Decker and Thomas are pretty good. They're just very young.

DJ's left nut
03-19-2012, 11:47 AM

Tebow is not a viable backup for Peyton Manning.

The personnel that you would want for a Manning offense will be night/day compared to a Tebow offense. Further, the blocking systems, etc... couldn't be further apart.

Honestly - what scares me more than anything is the possibility of a Tebow for Gabbert deal. Gabbert could backup Manning. They would ideally play the same style of game and if Manning goes down, the offense wouldn't have to change dramatically, apart from adjusting to Gabbert's inexperience and rough edges.

And if Gabbert had 2 or 3 seasons to just observe under Manning....

{shudder}

Lord I hope it doesn't happen.

DJ's left nut
03-19-2012, 11:48 AM
Jeff Saturday and Dallas Clark are visiting the Broncos.

Why bother? We know that's where they're going.

Just fax them the contract you're willing to offer them and move along.

Molitoth
03-19-2012, 11:48 AM
Decker and Thomas are pretty good. They're just very young.

You really don't need big name WR's.... Peyton doesn't care who you are, he will put the ball where it needs to be and it will make you look good.

Molitoth
03-19-2012, 11:49 AM
I would've rather Peyton go to the Raiders.

God I hate the broncos.

DeezNutz
03-19-2012, 11:49 AM

In a nanosecond.

DeezNutz
03-19-2012, 11:50 AM
Tebow is not a viable backup for Peyton Manning.

The personnel that you would want for a Manning offense will be night/day compared to a Tebow offense. Further, the blocking systems, etc... couldn't be further apart.

Honestly - what scares me more than anything is the possibility of a Tebow for Gabbert deal. Gabbert could backup Manning. They would ideally play the same style of game and if Manning goes down, the offense wouldn't have to change dramatically, apart from adjusting to Gabbert's inexperience and rough edges.

And if Gabbert had 2 or 3 seasons to just observe under Manning....

{shudder}

Lord I hope it doesn't happen.

And I didn't think of just a straight-up trade. Fuck me that would be terrible, terrible news for Chiefs fans.

Garcia Bronco
03-19-2012, 11:50 AM
You really don't need big name WR's.... Peyton doesn't care who you are, he will put the ball where it needs to be and it will make you look good.

That was gonna be my followup point. I do think Center and LG are a concern, but it looks like Saturday might be coming here as well.

Mile High Mania
03-19-2012, 11:52 AM
Dude..Brian Dawkins has had the same kind of neck surgery.

I realize this and it's the reason why I feared them pursuing Manning. Everyone feels good now, but he hasn't been hit since his 4 surgeries. That will be interesting.

Molitoth
03-19-2012, 11:53 AM
poop

Chocolate Hog
03-19-2012, 11:53 AM
Blaine Gabbert would be terrible for the Chiefs? ROFL

Mr_Tomahawk
03-19-2012, 11:54 AM
No to Blaine Garbage.

I caught only a handful of his games last year, but the guy looked scared at the line and I hardly saw him throw the ball beyond 5 yards.

Garcia Bronco
03-19-2012, 11:55 AM
I realize this and it's the reason why I feared them pursuing Manning. Everyone feels good now, but he hasn't been hit since his 4 surgeries. That will be interesting.

I feel confident that if Dawkins can play saftey with the same issue; then Peyton can play. Besides...it's Peyton's job to read the defense and make sure he doesn't get hit. :)

DeezNutz
03-19-2012, 11:56 AM
Blaine Gabbert would be terrible for the Chiefs? ROFL

Absolutely. He has all of the tools to develop into a franchise QB.

Dude was put into a terrible position last year, since he was the type of prospect who, while definitely worthy of his draft position, shouldn't have been playing game one year one.

Chocolate Hog
03-19-2012, 11:57 AM

Dude was put into a terrible position last year, since he was the type of prospect who, while definitely worthy of his draft position, shouldn't have been playing game one year one.

Blaine Gabbert is Elvis Grbac at best.

DeezNutz
03-19-2012, 11:58 AM
Blaine Gabbert is Elvis Grbac at best.

Grbac was a very physically gifted QB; his problem was that he was a terrible leader and a pussy.

Gabbert possesses all of the intangibles; he's just raw right now.

dirk digler
03-19-2012, 11:59 AM
I feel confident that if Dawkins can play saftey with the same issue; then Peyton can play. Besides...it's Peyton's job to read the defense and make sure he doesn't get hit. :)

Isn't he going to retire because of his neck? He missed a few games last year because of it

R8RFAN
03-19-2012, 12:01 PM
I would've rather Peyton go to the Raiders.

God I hate the broncos.

Don't want his old ass... He will be hurt by game 6

stevieray
03-19-2012, 12:01 PM
for some weird reason, this doesn't bother me...

IMO, PM is taking a huge risk with his health down the road.

Chocolate Hog
03-19-2012, 12:03 PM
Grbac was a very physically gifted QB; his problem was that he was a terrible leader and a pussy.

The problem with Gabbert is and this was a problem in college as well: If he gets pressured he's really not that good. I don't know how that changes.

Setsuna
03-19-2012, 12:05 PM

He's not raw. He's a pussy. He can't stand in the pocket for shit. Don't talk about what you haven't watched dick.

Saul Good
03-19-2012, 12:07 PM
He's not raw. He's a pussy. He can't stand in the pocket for shit. Don't talk about what you haven't watched dick.

Being a Mizzou fan, Deez has never seen Gabbert play.

Garcia Bronco
03-19-2012, 12:09 PM
Isn't he going to retire because of his neck? He missed a few games last year because of it

Last I heard he was undecided. Had he played down the stretch; I think we take 2-3 of those final regaulr season games. That how different the defense was without him in there.

lcarus
03-19-2012, 12:11 PM
Broncos fans I know at my work are all giddy about Peyton. It was just a month ago they were all adamant that Tebow was a future HOFer. Now they don't give a shit about Tebow. Fucking morons.

DeezNutz
03-19-2012, 12:12 PM

LMAO. I'll stop reading scouting reports on Gabbert and try to see his actual play for the first time.

Mr. Plow
03-19-2012, 12:13 PM
I'll say this now to get it out of the way, but if the Chiefs decide that Tebow would fit in nicely with the Chiefs and trade for him, I'm done.

Setsuna
03-19-2012, 12:14 PM

He wasn't worth a top 10 pick you fucking homer. College doesn't translate to the NFL in terms of being a QB. He is awful and will always be that way. He should have been a late first at best to sit on the bench for a year. Gene Smith got suckered into that pick because of all the gay hype.

Being a Mizzou fan, Deez has never seen Gabbert play.

Right because college and NFL are the same exact thing. Oh and it's not like he didn't win the Big XII or a BCS Championship game...oh wait.

Setsuna
03-19-2012, 12:15 PM
LMAO. I'll stop reading scouting reports on Gabbert and try to see his actual play for the first time.

Stop sucking his dick dude. You're pathetic.

DeezNutz
03-19-2012, 12:17 PM
He wasn't worth a top 10 pick you ****ing homer. College doesn't translate to the NFL in terms of being a QB. He is awful and will always be that way. He should have been a late first at best to sit on the bench for a year. Gene Smith got suckered into that pick because of all the gay hype.

Huh, so much of the evidence for Gabbert proponents was predicated on his ability to translate easily from Mizzou's spread hybrid to a pro-set.

Now you're suggesting that there is a learning curve from college to NFL? This is something I'll have to consider further.

Mile High Mania
03-19-2012, 12:18 PM
There is still quite a bit that needs to be done with the team .. they've certainly got quite a bit of talent, but Manning doesn't cure all the problems.

Direckshun
03-19-2012, 12:18 PM
I expect the same thing out of Manning in Denver that we got out of Montana and Minnesota got out of Favre.

1 dynamite season. Then garbage.

KCDC
03-19-2012, 12:22 PM
This is my worst nightmare as a Chiefs fan -- if Manning stays healthy. With our FA acquisitions I was confident that we'd win the Division. Now, Denver will be a real competitor again, especially if they sign Saturday and Clark, as expected.

I don't wish ill to PM, so I'll just hope that he is not as good as he thinks. Maybe he will be a bit more timid about getting hit and will make mistakes. That's all we can hope as Chiefs fans (other than hoping he gets hurt bad -- which we never wish on anyone).

Mile High Mania
03-19-2012, 12:24 PM
This is my worst nightmare as a Chiefs fan -- if Manning stays healthy. With our FA acquisitions I was confident that we'd win the Division. Now, Denver will be a real competitor again, especially if they sign Saturday and Clark, as expected.

I don't wish ill to PM, so I'll just hope that he is not as good as he thinks. Maybe he will be a bit more timid about getting hit and will make mistakes. That's all we can hope as Chiefs fans (other than hoping he gets hurt bad -- which we never wish on anyone).

Vegas likes the move, Denver now a 10:1 player in the SB this year...

R8RFAN
03-19-2012, 12:27 PM
There is still quite a bit that needs to be done with the team .. they've certainly got quite a bit of talent, but Manning doesn't cure all the problems.

Keep him upright and the Donks will be fine, he is a statue but there is no doubt in his ability even if he has lost zip on the ball.

He is an upgrade over Tebow but he is also a huge liability and there is not much in between...

He is easily the best QB in the West for a year if he stays healthy.

Time will tell

mr. tegu
03-19-2012, 12:37 PM

I think that its different because on D you can control where and how hard you hit, Peyton will not have that luxury. If he is truly healthy then its a moot point, but if not then he will hopefully be in trouble :D

Setsuna
03-19-2012, 12:39 PM
Huh, so much of the evidence for Gabbert proponents was predicated on his ability to translate easily from Mizzou's spread hybrid to a pro-set.

Now you're suggesting that there is a learning curve from college to NFL? This is something I'll have to consider further.

Nobody is taking your Gabbert praise seriously anyway. I'm done with your idiocy.

Graystoke
03-19-2012, 12:50 PM

True!
Elway has been on my nerves for years

Kerberos
03-19-2012, 01:10 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/19/broncos-told-peyton-they-can-pay-him-95-million-over-five-years/

Broncos told Peyton they can pay him $95 million over five years

Good gawd that is a lot of scratch for a guy that isn't even 100%. :shake:

Money was no object for the Denver Broncos in their pursuit of Peyton Manning.

Jay Glazer of FOX Sports reports that getting the final financial numbers done on Manningís contract will be easy because the Broncos told Manning in their very first visit with him that they could offer $95 million over five years.

That suggests that the Broncos were actually willing to give Manning a little more, at least in terms of total value and average value, than the Colts gave him when he signed his five-year, $90 million contract last year.

The question, however, is how the contract will be structured. We donít know yet how much money will be guaranteed to Manning, and we donít know what kinds of protections are built in for the Broncos if Manning has another neck injury that causes him to miss more games, or if the same neck issue that arose last year arises this year and ó cover your eyes, Broncos fans ó forces Manning to miss the entire 2012 season, just as he missed the entire 2011 season.

But at the moment all indications are that Manning is going to have a clean bill of health, and the Broncos are going to pay him a fortune.

AndChiefs
03-19-2012, 01:16 PM
Vegas likes the move, Denver now a 10:1 player in the SB this year...

Yeah they never overreact the odds to take advantage of idiots willing to put money on the new hottest thing.

Garcia Bronco
03-19-2012, 01:18 PM
I think that its different because on D you can control where and how hard you hit, Peyton will not have that luxury. If he is truly healthy then its a moot point, but if not then he will hopefully be in trouble :D

That's a possibilty.

Pasta Giant Meatball
03-19-2012, 01:18 PM
Get him a body bag!!

vailpass
03-19-2012, 01:19 PM
IF getting Peyton means Denver gets rid of Tebow AND picks up a young QB to groom under Manning for a couple of years then this is a good move.

Fortune favors the bold and it is good to know your owner and front office care enough about winning to go out and make moves.

Garcia Bronco
03-19-2012, 01:21 PM
IF getting Peyton means Denver gets rid of Tebow AND picks up a young QB to groom under Manning for a couple of years then this is a good move.

Fortune favors the bold and it is good to know your owner and front office care enough about winning to go out and make moves.

Not only that; but the right moves.

DJ's left nut
03-19-2012, 01:23 PM
The problem with Gabbert is and this was a problem in college as well: If he gets pressured he's really not that good. I don't know how that changes.

You draft David DeCastro and have the best line in football.

Blaine Gabbert has tools that maybe 4 or 5 guys in the NFL has. Maybe he unlocks them, maybe he doesn't - but at some point you have to take some risks to uncover a legitimate difference-maker.

Or you can keep chasing the Matt Cassels of the world and convince yourself they're safer bets.

vailpass
03-19-2012, 01:24 PM

An O lineman, a backup RB, a downgrade at DB and Quinn to backup Cassell makes you confident you'll win the division?

KILLER_CLOWN
03-19-2012, 01:25 PM
An O lineman, a backup RB, a downgrade at DB and Quinn to backup Cassell makes you confident you'll win the division?

After losing our top 4 players last year to injury?...Absolutely.

Kerberos
03-19-2012, 01:26 PM
buy'em while they're hot.....

Messier
03-19-2012, 01:28 PM
If I were a Bronco fan I'd be really excited right now.

But, I'm not a Broncos fan, so **** off!

Iowanian
Hey Peyton....IS that a tingle you feel in your neck and your arm going numb?
Too bad about your grip, your offensive line and having no WR's left to throw the ball. Noshow Moreno missing a blitz pickup....

That's a damn shame.

DJ's left nut

You're kinda forgetting about the All-Pro RB and Safety that we're adding, as well as the potentially premier pass-catching TE.

Sleep on the Chiefs if you want - but it's absolutely a team that's a threat to win the division and lose another home playoff game...

vailpass
Nobody is taking your Gabbert praise seriously anyway. I'm done with your idiocy.

Uh, true. Blaine Garbage belongs in arena ball and will be there sooner rather than later.

Messier
03-19-2012, 01:29 PM

I hear 18 is retired. Is Manning gonna make them unretire the number? How selfish.

vailpass
03-19-2012, 01:29 PM
You're kinda forgetting about the All-Pro RB and Safety that we're adding, as well as the potentially premier pass-catching TE.

Sleep on the Chiefs if you want - but it's absolutely a team that's a threat to win the division and lose another home playoff game...

I mentioned them. Did you miss the part where I said "backup RB" and "downgrade to your DB field"? :D
IMHO the real key to KC is if JC and Berry can come back 100% ( I hope they do). Much as I like Tony M. he is going to be broken from here on out.

Ultra Peanut
03-19-2012, 01:30 PM
lbB_HVcXpPk

Garcia Bronco
03-19-2012, 01:31 PM
I hear 18 is retired. Is Manning gonna make them unretire the number? How selfish.

Denver has only 1 retired number. Can you guess which one?

KILLER_CLOWN
03-19-2012, 01:32 PM

6 for bubby brister and the pick 6?

DJ's left nut
03-19-2012, 01:33 PM
I mentioned them. Did you miss the part where I said "backup RB" and "downgrade to your DB field"? :D
IMHO the real key to KC is if JC and Berry can come back 100% ( I hope they do). Much as I like Tony M. he is going to be broken from here on out.

Yeah, I think you're probably right on Moeaki. Though in fairness, if any position on the field can deal with an ACL, it's the TE; they're not exactly known for being explosive.

Then again, if any position on the field can't deal with an ACL, it's a jitterbug RB....

In closing - fuck you guys...

listopencil
03-19-2012, 01:33 PM

Should be orange.

SnakeXJones
03-19-2012, 01:34 PM
Denver has only 1 retired number. Can you guess which one?Mister Ed?

Wallcrawler
03-19-2012, 01:34 PM
It wont matter who the backup QB is in Denver, just as it never mattered who it was in Indy.

Manning doesnt surrender practice snaps. I dont care who you are, if you dont practice, if you dont get time to develop timing and rhythm in the current offensive gameplan, you are not going to be effective if youre called on to play.

If Manning gets injured mid season, the donks are going to be in a bad situation no matter who their backup is.

vailpass
03-19-2012, 01:36 PM
Yeah, I think you're probably right on Moeaki. Though in fairness, if any position on the field can deal with an ACL, it's the TE; they're not exactly known for being explosive.

Then again, if any position on the field can't deal with an ACL, it's a jitterbug RB....

In closing - **** you guys...

True, maybe Tony can make it back. I really like the kid and hope he comes back healthy.
I'm happy today, it looks like I may soon not have Tim Tebow on my NFL roster.
And of course, fuck you guys too.

Messier
03-19-2012, 01:37 PM

Nope. They have three

Messier
03-19-2012, 01:38 PM
Surprised a Broncos fan wouldn't know that.

KILLER_CLOWN
03-19-2012, 01:39 PM
Surprised a Broncos fan wouldn't know that.

Don't confuse DOnkey fans with the truth. ;)

Mile High Mania
03-19-2012, 09:39 PM

Frank was asked about it last week and he has no problem if PM wants to wear it.

Inmem58
03-19-2012, 10:15 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/a6898d5e-f639-5918.jpg

Inmem58
03-19-2012, 10:23 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/a6898d5e-f81d-7d89.jpg

Funny

pr_capone
03-19-2012, 10:32 PM
Now, I have to explain to my 5 year old why his favorite player isn't the starting QB in Denver.

I would be more concerned with the fact that his favorite player is Tebow to begin with. Damn man... you are supposed to be teaching your kid better than that.

Count Alex's Losses
03-19-2012, 10:34 PM
Signing a bunch of brokedicks to lead a team with lackluster talent is a surefire way to win the Super Bowl.

Congrats.

keg in kc
03-19-2012, 10:36 PM
I think it's a risky move that's either going to explode in your face or pay huge dividends. I have no idea which way it goes. Either way, unfortunately for the rest of the division, it gets Tebow out of Denver. So whether it actually nets you a title or not, it's already a good move for the team.

Count Alex's Losses
03-19-2012, 10:37 PM
lbB_HVcXpPk

:hail::hail::hail::hail: