PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs 2013 KC Free Agents and the draft

AustinChief
03-19-2012, 04:51 PM
So it looks like Dorsey, Bowe and Albert will be free agents in 2013...

I am going to assume we sign Bowe to a long term deal before then, leaving us with Dorsey and Albert to worry about next year.

Let's assume we will lose one of them and either sign or tag the other...

Which would you rather sign? AND should we look at drafting a possible replacement now?

Personally, I've never been terribly impressed by Albert and would have no problem drafting his replacement this year and spending the money to resign Dorsey next year.

(yes yes, in rainbow unicorn land we sign them both and then draft God Almighty in the 6th to play QB for us... let's be realistic, you can't keep every player as evidenced by Carr this year)

lcarus
03-19-2012, 04:54 PM
I think Branden Albert is a pretty solid LT, which is something we shouldn't take for granted. If I had to choose which player hit the road, I'd definitely choose Dorsey.

SNR
03-19-2012, 04:56 PM
I'd reverse those. Keep Albert, let Dorsey go.

Country Strong is ready to kill him some wild boars!

Count Alex's Losses
03-19-2012, 04:58 PM
Albert was shitty in 2010 and above average in 2011. If he continues to get better there's no reason not to sign him.

durtyrute
03-19-2012, 04:58 PM
Keep Albert

Shaid
03-19-2012, 05:03 PM
Redo Albert's contract this year, trade Dorsey for a real 3-4 DE or a pick since he's really a 4-3 Tackle.

AustinChief
03-19-2012, 05:04 PM
Albert was shitty in 2010 and above average in 2011. If he continues to get better there's no reason not to sign him.

You'd keep Albert over Dorsey? So would you be willing to draft Dorsey's eventual replacement at #11 this year? And who would that be?

AustinChief
03-19-2012, 05:05 PM
Redo Albert's contract this year, trade Dorsey for a real 3-4 DE or a pick since he's really a 4-3 Tackle.

Not an option (according to the rules I laid out in the OP). You don't get to keep both, one walks with no compensation. Now, since you let Dorsey go, who do you draft this year at #11 to replace him?

BigChiefFan
03-19-2012, 05:06 PM
Keep Albert, let Dorsey walk.

SNR
03-19-2012, 05:08 PM
Not an option (according to the rules I laid out in the OP). You don't get to keep both, one walks with no compensation. Now, since you let Dorsey go, who do you draft this year at #11 to replace him?There will be several good 3-4 ends in this draft if the Chiefs are worried about a replacement.

I'm amazed that people have already forgotten about Country Strong. Yeah, he's got to prove it, but the chances of him being a solid player in this league are very good.

AustinChief
Keep Albert, let Dorsey walk.

I'll pose the same question.. who do you replace Dorsey with then?

BTW, I think everyone here is WAY overvaluing Albert and undervaluing Dorsey.

Brock
Duh, you keep Albert.

Count Alex's Losses
03-19-2012, 05:09 PM
You'd keep Albert over Dorsey? So would you be willing to draft Dorsey's eventual replacement at #11 this year? And who would that be?

Yes. An above average LT has a lot more value than a 5 tech.

There are people who think Bailey is Dorsey's replacement anyway.

You don't need to spend a high pick on Dorsey's replacement.

TheGuardian
03-19-2012, 05:10 PM
Bailey kept showing up in late games last year every time he got on the field. I have a feeling he's going to get more playing time this year to see if he can take over for Dorsey after this season.

Count Alex's Losses
03-19-2012, 05:10 PM

Dorsey is a stud against the run but that is it. He is not Richard Seymour.

We don't need to try and pay him a big contract. He's a 5m a year player, tops.

bevischief
03-19-2012, 05:12 PM

I could live with this.

AustinChief
03-19-2012, 05:13 PM
There will be several good 3-4 ends in this draft if the Chiefs are worried about a replacement.

I'm amazed that people have already forgotten about Country Strong. Yeah, he's got to prove it, but the chances of him being a solid player in this league are very good.

Yes, but even with Bailey you need at least one more rotational guy. I'm not sold on any of the 3-4 DE's this year being an upgrade over Dorsey... on the other hand, Reiff and Martin are both upgrades over Albert.

(Yes, I would rather trade down or get a position of bigger need)

BigChiefFan
03-19-2012, 05:14 PM

It's not that Dorsey isn't a good player, it's he isn't the ideal fit for a 3-4 end. Albert, on the other hand, is a good pick for our scheme and has shown he's got the ability to be one of the better LT's in the league. Dorsey may have good potential, but not in a 3-4.

Count Alex's Losses
03-19-2012, 05:15 PM
on the other hand, Reiff and Martin are both upgrades over Albert.

You don't know that.

Hell, Reiff is already being tabbed a RT.

Albert was 5th in pass blocking efficiency. He's a lot better than you think.

aturnis
03-19-2012, 05:18 PM
I'd reverse those. Keep Albert, let Dorsey go.

Country Strong is ready to kill him some wild boars!

Bailey might be ready for the challenge if his run defense continues to improve. That said, I'm not concerned either way. Albert is an average LT, and I'll take him for an average contract. Not worth a franchise tag.

I'll take Dorsey back at a reasonable contract also, but he may be better off elsewhere and he may know that. It'd be hard to fault him for leaving to play in a 4-3.

Bewbies
03-19-2012, 05:18 PM
I'm keeping all 3, but if you lose one you lose Dorsey. Easy.

AustinChief
03-19-2012, 05:19 PM
Yes. An above average LT has a lot more value than a 5 tech.

There are people who think Bailey is Dorsey's replacement anyway.

You don't need to spend a high pick on Dorsey's replacement.

The problem is that Albert is just BARELY above average as an LT. I would say he falls in the 10-15 range.. which is fine but could definitely be improved upon. I would also say that Dorsey is easily in the top 10 at his position.. possibly top 5.

ForeverChiefs58
03-19-2012, 05:20 PM
KFFL has a really cool NFL Free Agent Tracker. According to KFFL these are our FA next year:

Kansas City Chiefs

Pos Player FA Status Previous Team Current Team

RB Peyton Hillis UFA Kansas City Chiefs Free Agent

OT Branden Albert UFA Kansas City Chiefs Free Agent

OG Ryan Lilja UFA Kansas City Chiefs Free Agent

LB Brandon Siler UFA Kansas City Chiefs Free Agent

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?option=By+Team&y=2013#ixzz1pbUsyjyR

Count Alex's Losses
03-19-2012, 05:21 PM
The problem is that Albert is just BARELY above average as an LT. I would say he falls in the 10-15 range.. which is fine but could definitely be improved upon. I would also say that Dorsey is easily in the top 10 at his position.. possibly top 5.

And you don't know that Albert won't continue to improve.

Dorsey is a top 5 RUN DEFENDER at his position, but he has no pass rush skills. He is definitely not a top 5 3-4 DE.

Lightrise
So it looks like Dorsey, Bowe and Albert will be free agents in 2013...

I am going to assume we sign Bowe to a long term deal before then, leaving us with Dorsey and Albert to worry about next year.

Let's assume we will lose one of them and either sign or tag the other...

Which would you rather sign? AND should we look at drafting a possible replacement now?

Personally, I've never been terribly impressed by Albert and would have no problem drafting his replacement this year and spending the money to resign Dorsey next year.

(yes yes, in rainbow unicorn land we sign them both and then draft God Almighty in the 6th to play QB for us... let's be realistic, you can't keep every player as evidenced by Carr this year)

I also would keep Bowe but honestly I'd let both Albert and Dorsey go. I think we can do better with draft upgrades. I would however make this contingent on drafting DeCastro this year.

AustinChief
You don't know that.

Hell, Reiff is already being tabbed a RT.

Albert was 5th in pass blocking efficiency. He's a lot better than you think.

Where'd you get your stats? PFF? Some fucking Brits watching the same game film I watch? Stat Fail. No he isn't better than I think. I think he is 10-15 and that is exactly what he is. YOU think he is better than he is.

Brock

:shake:

AustinChief
03-19-2012, 05:23 PM
And you don't know that Albert won't continue to improve.

Dorsey is a top 5 RUN DEFENDER at his position, but he has no pass rush skills. He is definitely not a top 5 3-4 DE.

We don't really know about Dorsey because we have had DOGSHIT at the NT position. And you are correct, Albert could improve, so could Dorsey.. and Matt Cassel could win us the SuperBowl! Based on RIGHT NOW, I'd rather keep Dorsey. (of course, I wouldn't cry myself to sleep if we lost him either)

AustinChief
03-19-2012, 05:24 PM
KFFL has a really cool NFL Free Agent Tracker. According to KFFL these are our FA next year:

Kansas City Chiefs

RB Peyton Hillis UFA Kansas City Chiefs Free Agent

LB Brandon Siler UFA Kansas City Chiefs Free Agent

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?option=By+Team&y=2013#ixzz1pbUsyjyR

Yeah but they missed Bowe (obvious miss since we just tagged him) and Dorsey(which I am surprised they missed)

Shox
03-19-2012, 05:25 PM
To early to really tell, but I would keep Albert.

Count Alex's Losses
03-19-2012, 05:26 PM
Where'd you get your stats? PFF? Some fucking Brits watching the same game film I watch? Stat Fail. No he isn't better than I think. I think he is 10-15 and that is exactly what he is. YOU think he is better than he is.

PFF > you

Count Alex's Losses
03-19-2012, 05:27 PM
We don't really know about Dorsey because we have had DOGSHIT at the NT position. And you are correct, Albert could improve, so could Dorsey..)

No, Dorsey has reached his ceiling.

Dorsey is not a pass rusher, adding a NT isn't going to make him better.

Good player against the run but he won't command a big salary. I'd bet no one is going to pay him.

AustinChief
03-19-2012, 05:30 PM
PFF > you

Corky > You

There is ZERO reason why a bunch of random dudes (some of which are in ENGLAND FOR FUCKS SAKE) watching the same game tape I watch have ANY more credibility. They are not vetted in ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM. It'd be like someone saying you have credibility as an expert in journalism because you worked for WPI. It's laughable.

AustinChief
03-19-2012, 05:32 PM

Good player against the run but he won't command a big salary. I'd bet no one is going to pay him.

I want to say this is one of the dumbest things you have ever said.. but you have said so many extremely stupid things that I can't say that in all honesty... but it is still a ridiculously ignorant statement.

NJChiefsFan
03-19-2012, 05:38 PM

Of course adding a solid NT would make him better, as it would any other DE. Thats just football, hell sports. I do agree we shouldn't have to beat other teams off with a stick next year for him.

Chocolate Hog
03-19-2012, 05:41 PM
Jackson's salary next year will be 14 million

AustinChief
03-19-2012, 05:42 PM
Of course adding a solid NT would make him better, as it would any other DE. Thats just football, hell sports. I do agree we shouldn't have to beat other teams off with a stick next year for him.

I'll agree here. I don't think we will have to worry too much with either.. but I'm talking about value here. Where can we upgrade the most and not overpay for either position.

AustinChief
03-19-2012, 05:42 PM
Jackson's salary next year will be 14 million

Holy crap. Ok, didn't know that.. something will need to be done there for sure.

AustinChief
03-19-2012, 05:46 PM
The point of this entire exercise is that we may need to start looking further down the road with this year's #11 pick since it looks like next year will be our first legit shot at a replacement QB (our obvious biggest need).

BigMeatballDave
03-19-2012, 05:50 PM
Sign Bowe and Albert.

Goodbye, Dorsey.

jd1020
03-19-2012, 05:50 PM

I don't see how adding a NT is going to help Dorsey. Dorsey barely gets double teamed so its not like teams are scheming to keep him blocked. He just sits at the line and stuffs a lane. Thats it. He's as useless as you can get against the pass.

Chiefnj2
03-19-2012, 05:52 PM
People were complaining about tying up 20 mil in CB's when the team is tying up that amount in DE's. Plus, Dorsey isn't as good of a DE as Carr was a CB.

They should draft Dorsey's replacement this year.

Brock
03-19-2012, 05:54 PM
People were complaining about tying up 20 mil in CB's when the team is tying up that amount in DE's. Plus, Dorsey isn't as good of a DE as Carr was a CB.

They should draft Dorsey's replacement this year.

agreed.

Count Alex's Losses
03-19-2012, 05:55 PM
There is ZERO reason why a bunch of random dudes (some of which are in ENGLAND FOR FUCKS SAKE) watching the same game tape I watch have ANY more credibility.

Yes, because they get paid for it, because they charge subscriptions for it, that people pay, and because the NFL takes their ratings very seriously.

You're just some dope that doesn't like Branden Albert.

Saul Good
03-19-2012, 05:55 PM
We drafted his replacement last year.

Count Alex's Losses
03-19-2012, 05:56 PM
I want to say this is one of the dumbest things you have ever said.. but you have said so many extremely stupid things that I can't say that in all honesty... but it is still a ridiculously ignorant statement.

We had better nose tackle play last season than we did in 2010.

And Dorsey was worse in 2011.

You = ultra fail.

Bump
03-19-2012, 05:58 PM
I think it would be easier to replace Dorsey than Albert. Dorsey is solid, but nothing spectacular and same for Albert and we have better depth at RDE

SNR
03-19-2012, 06:00 PM
Yes, but even with Bailey you need at least one more rotational guy. I'm not sold on any of the 3-4 DE's this year being an upgrade over Dorsey... on the other hand, Reiff and Martin are both upgrades over Albert.

(Yes, I would rather trade down or get a position of bigger need)Seriously? Brockers may smell like Tyson Jackson, but the dude is a monster.

I wouldn't take Brockers at #3 overall. If we traded down a bit and it was between him and Reiff, though, I'd absolutely take Brockers.

Jared Crick? Kendall Reyes? Hell, Devon Still can play the 5-technique as well. Trevor Guyton is an EXCELLENT run stuffer.

I'm not sure what you don't like about this class. It may not be the most talented, but it's one of the deeper drafts I've seen in awhile for defensive tackles. There are good players to be had in nearly every round.

AustinChief
03-19-2012, 06:01 PM
Yes, because they get paid for it, because they charge subscriptions for it, that people pay, and because the NFL takes their ratings very seriously.

You're just some dope that doesn't like Branden Albert.

A COUPLE of teams look at the raw figures that they run... no one in the industry takes a majority of their "ratings" seriously.

And getting paid to do something doesn't make you good at it. If that was the case then you and the rest of the morons writing for WPI would be considered experts. Nick Athan get's paid and most people KNOW he doesn't know shit.

I don't dislike Albert, I just think idiots like you like him too much.

spanky 52
03-19-2012, 06:02 PM
I'd keep Albert and Bowe. Don't think Dorsey is a good fit for the 3-4. Maybe the great Pioli can get at least a 3rd round pick for him. If so, take Kendall Reyes out of CT in the second round.

AustinChief
03-19-2012, 06:05 PM
Seriously? Brockers may smell like Tyson Jackson, but the dude is a monster.

I wouldn't take Brockers at #3 overall. If we traded down a bit and it was between him and Reiff, though, I'd absolutely take Brockers.

Jared Crick? Kendall Reyes? Hell, Devon Still can play the 5-technique as well. Trevor Guyton is an EXCELLENT run stuffer.

I'm not sure what you don't like about this class. It may not be the most talented, but it's one of the deeper drafts I've seen in awhile for defensive tackles. There are good players to be had in nearly every round.

I just don't see any of them as UPGRADES over Dorsey. As good, yes. I think someone like Reiff or Martin is an immediate upgrade over Albert and gives much needed depth at the position. The point I'm trying to make is that we may need to look at drafting for 2013 this year since QB doesn't look like an option and I'm not completely sold on any NTs in this draft at #11 either.

Count Alex's Losses
03-19-2012, 06:10 PM
A COUPLE of teams look at the raw figures that they run... no one in the industry takes a majority of their "ratings" seriously.

Over 25 percent of the league takes PFF seriously.

Your problem is you formed your opinion about Albert in 2010 and you haven't budged. For some idiotic reason you think he's the same swinging gate.

He's not, and he'll get paid next year.

What you don't even realize is that PFF saw he was a swinging gate in 2010, but they also recognized the massive improvement last year. They are unbiased.

Okie_Apparition
03-19-2012, 06:11 PM
starting LT FAs have to be on the rare side

AustinChief
03-19-2012, 06:14 PM
Over 25 percent of the league takes PFF seriously.

Your problem is you formed your opinion about Albert in 2010 and you haven't budged. For some idiotic reason you think he's the same swinging gate.

He's not, and he'll get paid next year.

What you don't even realize is that PFF saw he was a swinging gate in 2010, but they also recognized the massive improvement last year. They are unbiased.

Nope, I have pretty much thought him to be just slightly average all along. He has had 4 full years in the league and has yet to prove me wrong.

I will agree that PFF is unbiased... why WOULD some dude in London have a bias? They are also inaccurate as all hell.

BTW.. where'd you get your 25% figure? PFF? Idiot.

aturnis
03-19-2012, 06:25 PM
Albert will not "get paid". He will get an average contract at best. Same with Dorsey. I wouldn't be surprised if we re-sign them both to very reasonable deals. No need to let them walk. Dorsey is very good against the run.

AustinChief
03-19-2012, 06:28 PM
Albert will not "get paid". He will get an average contract at best. Same with Dorsey. I wouldn't be surprised if we re-sign them both to very reasonable deals. No need to let them walk. Dorsey is very good against the run.

I agree on your valuation of both, I worry that other teams will see it differently. Just look at the ridiculous paychecks this offseason. I LOVE Carr, but he simply isn't worth what Dallas paid. Other than The Chiefs... I have seen a TON of guys getting overpaid. Hell, Manning at $20mil/year is too much.

I'd rather be in a situation where we have a legit plan in place ahead of time.

ForeverChiefs58
03-19-2012, 06:28 PM
Here are some of the other Dline to become FA next year according to KFFL. Pretty sure they are wrong on Seymour

DL

DL Michael Bennett UFA Tampa Bay Buccaneers Free Agent
DL David Bowens UFA Cleveland Browns Free Agent
DL Alan Branch UFA Seattle Seahawks Free Agent
DL Jacques Cesaire UFA San Diego Chargers Free Agent
DL Chris Clemons UFA Seattle Seahawks Free Agent
DL Shaun Cody UFA Houston Texans Free Agent
DL Kenyon Coleman UFA Dallas Cowboys Free Agent
DL Tim Crowder UFA Tampa Bay Buccaneers Free Agent
DL Antonio Dixon UFA Philadelphia Eagles Free Agent
DL Dwight Freeney UFA Indianapolis Colts Free Agent
DL Robert Geathers UFA Cincinnati Bengals Free Agent
DL Casey Hampton UFA Pittsburgh Steelers Free Agent
DL Israel Idonije UFA Chicago Bears Free Agent
DL Ricky Jean-Francois UFA San Francisco 49ers Free Agent
DL Jason Jones UFA Seattle Seahawks Free Agent
DL Mathias Kiwanuka UFA New York Giants Free Agent
DL L.P. Ladouceur UFA Dallas Cowboys Free Agent
DL Tony McDaniel UFA Miami Dolphins Free Agent
DL Henry Melton UFA Chicago Bears Free Agent
DL Phillip Merling UFA Miami Dolphins Free Agent
DL Juqua Parker UFA Cleveland Browns Free Agent
DL Trevor Scott UFA New England Patriots Free Agent
DL Richard Seymour UFA Oakland Raiders Free Agent
DL Isaac Sopoaga UFA San Francisco 49ers Free Agent
DL Randy Starks UFA Miami Dolphins Free Agent
DL Osi Umenyiora UFA New York Giants Free Agent
DL Vance Walker UFA Atlanta Falcons Free Agent
DL Ty Warren UFA Denver Broncos Free Agent
DL Kyle Williams UFA Buffalo Bills Free Agent

Indicates recent news about player; visit player page for more information.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?option=DL&y=2013#ixzz1pbm4bgCK

ForeverChiefs58
03-19-2012, 06:31 PM
...And this is who they have at OL FA next year:

OL

OT William Beatty UFA New York Giants Free Agent
OG Kevin Boothe UFA New York Giants Free Agent
OL Jeremy Bridges U FA Arizona Cardinals Free Agent
OT Patrick Brown RFA Minnesota Vikings Free Agent
OT Jermon Bushrod UFA New Orleans Saints Free Agent
OT Rashad Butler UFA Houston Texans Free Agent
OG Garrett Chisolm UFA San Francisco 49ers Free Agent
OT Chad Clifton UFA Green Bay Packers Free Agent
C Jon Dorenbos UFA Philadelphia Eagles Free Agent
OG Leroy Harris UFA Tennessee Titans Free Agent
OG Artis Hicks UFA Miami Dolphins Free Agent
OT Walter Jones UFA Seattle Seahawks Free Agent
OT Winston Justice UFA Indianapolis Colts Free Agent
OT Matt Light UFA New England Patriots Free Agent
OT Jake Long UFA Miami Dolphins Free Agent
OT Lydon Murtha UFA Miami Dolphins Free Agent
OT Jonathan Scott UFA Pittsburgh Steelers Free Agent
C A.Q. Shipley UFA Indianapolis Colts Free Agent
OG Chris Spencer UFA Chicago Bears Free Agent
OG Donald Thomas UFA New England Patriots Free Agent
OT Jeremy Trueblood UFA Tampa Bay Buccaneers Free Agent
OG Steve Vallos UFA Philadelphia Eagles Free Agent
OG Brian Waters UFA New England Patriots Free Agent
OT Kenny Wiggins UFA San Francisco 49ers Free Agent

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?option=OL&y=2013#ixzz1pbnFiTXw

Sofa King
03-19-2012, 06:34 PM
...And this is who they have at OL FA next year:

OL

OT William Beatty UFA New York Giants Free Agent
OG Kevin Boothe UFA New York Giants Free Agent
OL Jeremy Bridges U FA Arizona Cardinals Free Agent
OT Patrick Brown RFA Minnesota Vikings Free Agent
OT Jermon Bushrod UFA New Orleans Saints Free Agent
OT Rashad Butler UFA Houston Texans Free Agent
OG Garrett Chisolm UFA San Francisco 49ers Free Agent
OT Chad Clifton UFA Green Bay Packers Free Agent
C Jon Dorenbos UFA Philadelphia Eagles Free Agent
OG Leroy Harris UFA Tennessee Titans Free Agent
OG Artis Hicks UFA Miami Dolphins Free Agent
OT Walter Jones UFA Seattle Seahawks Free Agent
OT Winston Justice UFA Indianapolis Colts Free Agent
OT Matt Light UFA New England Patriots Free Agent
OT Jake Long UFA Miami Dolphins Free Agent
OT Lydon Murtha UFA Miami Dolphins Free Agent
OT Jonathan Scott UFA Pittsburgh Steelers Free Agent
C A.Q. Shipley UFA Indianapolis Colts Free Agent
OG Chris Spencer UFA Chicago Bears Free Agent
OG Donald Thomas UFA New England Patriots Free Agent
OT Jeremy Trueblood UFA Tampa Bay Buccaneers Free Agent
OG Steve Vallos UFA Philadelphia Eagles Free Agent
OG Brian Waters UFA New England Patriots Free Agent
OT Kenny Wiggins UFA San Francisco 49ers Free Agent

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?option=OL&y=2013#ixzz1pbnFiTXw

eeeeeewwwwwwww.......

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZeSXvATLmSU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SDKCCHIEFS
03-19-2012, 06:38 PM
Re-sign Bowe, Re-sign or Franchise Albert, let Dorsey walk assuming he is asking for too much and let Bailey have the reigns and have a situational player behind him (FA veteran , draft , someone already on the roster etc...) let the n00b replies flyyy!

Saul Good
03-19-2012, 06:41 PM
Re-sign Bowe, Re-sign or Franchise Albert, let Dorsey walk assuming he is asking for too much and let Bailey have the reigns and have a situational player behind him (FA veteran , draft , someone already on the roster etc...) let the n00b replies flyyy!

You want to pay Albert like one of the top LTs in the league?

SDKCCHIEFS
03-19-2012, 06:44 PM
No I don't. I dont even wanna know the average salary of an LT . That being said I believe he has done a great job at times and a far less than great at times. I'm just sayin I am scared that if we were to let him walk cuz a deal couldn't be struck we would draft a bust like the Cards and like the Hawks.

AustinChief
03-19-2012, 06:51 PM
No I don't. I dont even wanna know the average salary of an LT . That being said I believe he has done a great job at times and a far less than great at times. I'm just sayin I am scared that if we were to let him walk cuz a deal couldn't be struck we would draft a bust like the Cards and like the Hawks.

Which is why I'd rather see us prepare for the future and draft a replacement now and if he busts, we have options. I know it's a bit of a luxury, but I'm just not seeing a ton of value at our draft spot anyway.

Chiefnj2
03-19-2012, 06:52 PM
Quality LT's don't hit free agency very quickly. When they do, there is usually a bidding war. DT's like Dorsey - not so much.

SDKCCHIEFS
03-19-2012, 06:54 PM
Yeah true. either way we need another LT/RT on the roster. I dont even know that other guy we have signed and Richardson can walk as far as im concerned so yes, I agree we need to draft someone .

ForeverChiefs58
03-19-2012, 06:58 PM
This is the QB crop? :eek: :deevee:

QB

QB Derek Anderson UFA Carolina Panthers Free Agent
QB John Beck UFA Washington Redskins Free Agent
QB Jason Campbell UFA Chicago Bears Free Agent
QB Chase Daniel UFA New Orleans Saints Free Agent
QB Trent Edwards UFA Philadelphia Eagles Free Agent
QB Joe Flacco UFA Baltimore Ravens Free Agent
QB Bruce Gradkowski UFA Cincinnati Bengals Free Agent
QB Rex Grossman UFA Washington Redskins Free Agent
QB Tarvaris Jackson UFA Seattle Seahawks Free Agent
QB Josh McCown UFA Chicago Bears Free Agent
QB Matt Schaub UFA Houston Texans Free Agent

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?option=QB&y=2013#ixzz1pbtrYp1d

Count Alex's Losses
03-19-2012, 07:01 PM
Nope, I have pretty much thought him to be just slightly average all along. He has had 5 full years in the league and has yet to prove me wrong.

The guy gave up five sacks last year. Five. Why do you insist on being obtuse?

The fact you can't even differentiate between his 2010 and 2011 is telling. The guy was as bad as Richardson in 2010.

BTW.. where'd you get your 25% figure? PFF? Idiot.

So you suggest that PFF is lying now? :rolleyes:

Our player participation counts are now 99.9% accurate with every game being double-handed to avoid errors and over a quarter of the NFL teams take our data in one form or another.

ForeverChiefs58
03-19-2012, 07:02 PM
There are some studs at DB. :clap: :hmmm:

DB

CB Michael Adams UFA Arizona Cardinals Free Agent
SS Will Allen UFA Pittsburgh Steelers Free Agent
FS Jonathon Amaya RFA New Orleans Saints Free Agent
SS Yeremiah Bell UFA Miami Dolphins Free Agent
CB Tramaine Brock RFA San Francisco 49ers Free Agent
CB Sheldon Brown UFA Cleveland Browns Free Agent
FS James Butler UFA St. Louis Rams Free Agent
FS Chris Crocker UFA Cincinnati Bengals Free Agent
CB Jabari Greer UFA New Orleans Saints Free Agent
CB Cedric Griffin UFA Washington Redskins Free Agent
CB Chris Houston UFA Detroit Lions Free Agent
CB Quentin Jammer UFA San Diego Chargers Free Agent
CB A.J. Jefferson RFA Arizona Cardinals Free Agent
CB Mike Jenkins UFA Dallas Cowboys Free Agent
CB Rashean Mathis UFA Jacksonville Jaguars Free Agent
CB Brice McCain UFA Houston Texans Free Agent
SS Charlie Peprah UFA Green Bay Packers Free Agent
SS Kenny Phillips UFA New York Giants Free Agent
SS Bernard Pollard UFA Baltimore Ravens Free Agent
FS Brodney Pool UFA Dallas Cowboys Free Agent
FS Ed Reed UFA Baltimore Ravens Free Agent
CB Darrelle Revis UFA New York Jets Free Agent
FS Kerry Rhodes UFA Arizona Cardinals Free Agent
SS Ray Ventrone UFA Cleveland Browns Free Agent
CB Brian Witherspoon UFA New York Giants Free Agent
CB Charles Woodson UFA Green Bay Packers Free Agent

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?option=DB&y=2013#ixzz1pbubxWJO

AustinChief
03-19-2012, 07:10 PM
The guy gave up five sacks last year. Five. Why do you insist on being obtuse?

The fact you can't even differentiate between his 2010 and 2011 is telling. The guy was as bad as Richardson in 2010.

So you suggest that PFF is lying now? :rolleyes:

#1 I never said he wasn't better in 2011 compared to 2010... just because he was AWFUL in 2010 doesn't mean that he wasn't back to being slightly above average in 2011.. just like 2008 and 2009.

#2 Just because an NFL team "takes" some of their data does NOT mean they use their silly rankings. SOME of their data is completely valid... it only becomes a problem when it gets muddled with other useless data and specious conclusions.

#3 you said 25% takes them seriously... I assumed (possibly my bad) that you meant that 25% take their rankings seriously(since that is what I am taking issue with)... I find that extremely hard to believe... and I challenge you to show me 8 teams that do.

Count Alex's Losses
03-19-2012, 07:12 PM
#1 I never said he wasn't better in 2011 compared to 2010... just because he was AWFUL in 2010 doesn't mean that he wasn't back to being slightly above average in 2011.. just like 2008 and 2009.

What? No. This is what you said:

I have pretty much thought him to be just slightly average all along

Wrong.

#2 Just because an NFL team "takes" some of their data does NOT mean they use their silly rankings. SOME of their data is completely valid... it only becomes a problem when it gets muddled with other useless data and specious conclusions.

It's still > you. By 10,000 miles. You're just some idiot fan.

#3 you said 25% takes them seriously...

Over 25 percent do. Unless you think PFF is lying. ROFL

Count Alex's Losses
03-19-2012, 07:12 PM
There is literally no way the dude can grade out as a top five pass blocker and also be "average."

You just need to admit you are wrong.

SDKCCHIEFS
03-19-2012, 07:15 PM
^ name 9 better LT's better than him right now.

AustinChief
03-19-2012, 07:20 PM
What? No. This is what you said:

Wrong.

It's still > you. By 10,000 miles. You're just some idiot fan.

Over 25 percent do. Unless you think PFF is lying. ROFL

Nice job catching the typo.. if you look at what I said before .. "BARELY above average" .. you'd know that meant to read.."slightly above average" not "slightly average" (which makes no sense).

I hold to the fact that he is a SLIGHTLY above average LT.. in the 10-15 range like I have said all along.

Your arguments defending PFF may as well be applied to WPI or Bleacher Report or any other random website. "they charge for it so they must be good!" "some NFL teams read(NOT EVEN PAY FOR) their stuff therefore they must take them seriously!"

Complete and utter logic fail.

Count Alex's Losses
03-19-2012, 07:26 PM
You do realize that PFF actually charges people and they make money doing it, right? The site turns a profit. It's the #1 football rating site on the internet.

WPI doesn't make jack.

Horrible comparison.

You are wrong.

AustinChief
03-19-2012, 07:30 PM
^ name 9 better LT's better than him right now.

Easy...

here are the top ten as of June 2011 from ESPN

1. Joe Thomas, Cleveland Browns
2. Jake Long, Miami Dolphins
3. Ryan Clady, Denver Broncos
4. Jordan Gross, Carolina Panthers
5. D'Brickashaw Ferguson, NY Jets
6. Michael Roos, Tennessee Titans
7. Jason Peters, Philadelphia Eagles
8t. Marcus McNeill, San Diego Chargers
8t. Donald Penn, Tampa Bay Bucs
10. Matt Light, New England Patriots

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/21646/power-rankings-top-10-left-tackles

btw.. here are the 10-15 guys

11 Andrew Whitworth
12 Chad Clifton
13 Doug Free
14t Russell Okung
14t Jeff Backus

Of course, this was after Albert's horrendous 2010 season... I'd argue that he still didn't break the top 10 overall.

Bewbies
03-19-2012, 07:30 PM
This thread is dumb. It's an 'oh shit we signed a RT and now I can't dream of a 1st round OT again this year.'

AustinChief
03-19-2012, 07:34 PM
You do realize that PFF actually charges people and they make money doing it, right? The site turns a profit. It's the #1 football rating site on the internet.

WPI doesn't make jack.

Horrible comparison.

You are wrong.

They are the ONLY rating site that does what they do. If I had the time and money I could recreate their model TODAY just by employing members of this board... it wouldn't be any less accurate.

And turning a profit doesn't mean you know what you are doing. Jesus you are stupid. There are ASTROLOGISTS that make money. That doesn't make them correct. It just takes enough morons like you to buy their crap.

Count Alex's Losses
03-19-2012, 07:34 PM
Easy...

here are the top ten as of June 2011 from ESPN

1. Joe Thomas, Cleveland Browns
2. Jake Long, Miami Dolphins
3. Ryan Clady, Denver Broncos
4. Jordan Gross, Carolina Panthers
5. D'Brickashaw Ferguson, NY Jets
6. Michael Roos, Tennessee Titans
7. Jason Peters, Philadelphia Eagles
8t. Marcus McNeill, San Diego Chargers
8t. Donald Penn, Tampa Bay Bucs
10. Matt Light, New England Patriots

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/21646/power-rankings-top-10-left-tackles

btw.. here are the 10-15 guys

11 Andrew Whitworth
12 Chad Clifton
13 Doug Free
14t Russell Okung
14t Jeff Backus

Of course, this was after Albert's horrendous 2010 season... I'd argue that he still didn't break the top 10 overall.

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

ESPN? Really? Is that all you have?

ESPN is a freaking joke compared to PFF.

Count Alex's Losses
03-19-2012, 07:35 PM
No one cares about June 2011. It's 2012. Come on! Marcus McNeill is hot garbage.

Count Alex's Losses
03-19-2012, 07:36 PM
Ryan Clady is #3 on that list? He was horrible last year.

Jesus, Kyle.

AustinChief
03-19-2012, 07:38 PM
This thread is dumb. It's an 'oh shit we signed a RT and now I can't dream of a 1st round OT again this year.'

No, it's a "I wish we could sign someone we NEED at #11 but there is going to be jack all there... so why not prepare for the future with either a 3-4 DE or a LT to replace one of the players we could be losing" - thread.

Oh and it's also a thread about Clayton being a moron and compensating for his lack of football knowledge by leaning heavily on a website created by a a guy in England who had never really paid much attention to the NFL until a few years ago.

AustinChief
03-19-2012, 07:40 PM
ROFLROFLROFLROFL

ESPN? Really? Is that all you have?

ESPN is a freaking joke compared to PFF.

You realize that was compiled based on 8 EXPERTS who get PAID to analyze the NFL... by the #1 sports network. (Can't have your argument both ways fuckface)

I do realize that is a year old list... only one I could find on short notice... and don't have time right now to compile my own... yes, some of the players will have fallen out and others will have taken their places... I will argue that among the top 10.. Albert isn't one of them.

Count Alex's Losses
03-19-2012, 07:41 PM
No, it's a thread about you refusing to acknowledge data from a proven source because you don't want to admit you are wrong.

And you will be wrong again when we give Albert a nice contract and Dorsey doesn't get jack.

Count Alex's Losses
03-19-2012, 07:41 PM
You realize that was compiled based on 8 EXPERTS who get PAID to analyze the NFL... by the #1 sports network. (Can't have your argument both ways fuckface)

ESPN is a frigging joke, come on. They don't put any analysis into that list. It's just a bunch of talking heads pulling shit out of their ass.

AustinChief
03-19-2012, 07:53 PM
No, it's a thread about you refusing to acknowledge data from a proven source because you don't want to admit you are wrong.

And you will be wrong again when we give Albert a nice contract and Dorsey doesn't get jack.

Without marked improvement.. Albert will get a mediocre contract at best. which he fully deserves. I don't hate the guy.. he is ABOVE average... even if just barely so. The whole concept of "average" means that at least 1/2 the NFL will be below average... so I'm not calling for his head by any means.

And you can take your "proven source" and shove it up your arse. As I have said all along, some of their data is fine.. their rankings are mostly garbage. Especially on something as subjective as an Olineman. As soon as they have access to know every blocking assignment on every play... get back to me. I can show you VAST differences in stat figures between them and at least two other "reputable" sites... if the raw data (for example sacks) is wrong.. the end result will be wrong. GIGO

Count Alex's Losses
03-19-2012, 07:57 PM
No matter what you say, PFF is still greater than you.

Bewbies
03-19-2012, 07:58 PM
No, it's a "I wish we could sign someone we NEED at #11 but there is going to be jack all there... so why not prepare for the future with either a 3-4 DE or a LT to replace one of the players we could be losing" - thread.

Oh and it's also a thread about Clayton being a moron and compensating for his lack of football knowledge by leaning heavily on a website created by a a guy in England who had never really paid much attention to the NFL until a few years ago.

With the way the NFL is changing there will be lots of people there we need. It just happens none of the people we need play LT.

I actually wouldn't be upset if we got some stud that was a hybrid of sorts, maybe could play DE or NT, OLB or ILB, OLB or DE, or even maybe CB or S. I'd even take RB if one player from Alabama was there.

Count Alex's Losses
03-19-2012, 07:59 PM
I can show you VAST differences in stat figures between them and at least two other "reputable" sites

Oh, yeah? Let's see.

PFF had Albert giving up 5 sacks and 10 penalties last season.

So did this site:

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=8792&team=12

Go ahead and present your data. if it even exists. ROFL

kcpasco
03-19-2012, 08:00 PM
Jake Long and let Albert walk.
He probably will get franchised though

Mr. Laz
03-19-2012, 08:01 PM
No matter what you say, PFF is still greater than you.PFF WHORE

Chiefs=Good
03-19-2012, 08:03 PM
Sign Albert, let Dorsey walk. I have no problem picking up Dorsey's replacement this year, as long as its not at 11.

Albert is underrated by many here.

Count Alex's Losses
03-19-2012, 08:06 PM
Jake Long gave up more sacks than Albert last year. That must really roast Kyle's nuts.

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=8778&team=15

SNR
03-19-2012, 08:08 PM
I FIGURED IT OUT!

Saccopoo is a mult of Kyle's.

Brilliant, Holmes!

TheGuardian
03-19-2012, 08:08 PM
Albert is very good. I don't know what people are smoking. Last year he destroyed Jared Allen when Allen was tearing through tackles for his best season.

Dorsey is very good, but as I noted, every time Bailey took the field late in the season he showed up big. I'd like to see what he can do with more time this season.

AustinChief
03-19-2012, 08:09 PM
Oh, yeah? Let's see.

PFF had Albert giving up 5 sacks and 10 penalties last season.

So did this site:

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=8792&team=12

Go ahead and present your data. if it even exists. ROFL

How many did each site list for Richardson? Huh asshole? 4.5 on one, 7 on the other. There are DOZENS of other examples of discrepancies... each of which can play HAVOC with their kitschy little made up formulas. (btw penalties is one of the stats I assume they get completely right... that is an OFFICIAL stat and can be easily counted, deciding who is to blame for each and every sack is MUCH MUCH harder to do... as a matter of fact, it can NOT be done by someone who doesn't know the exact particulars of every play called with 100% accuracy)

So I showed my data .. (4.5 vs 7) .. what now genious? "but but but that OTHER site must be wrong... not my precious Limey site!!!"

Count Alex's Losses
03-19-2012, 08:11 PM
OK. You're still just a guy.

You can't compete with PFF.

They destroy you.

PFF > You

AustinChief
03-19-2012, 08:11 PM
Albert is very good. I don't know what people are smoking.

No.. Albert is better then average.. especially at pass protection... but that is it. Hey if we can get a stud at some other spot with #11 I'm all for it.. if we can trade down to pick up picks for next year .. I'm all for it. If not, I see no reason not to prepare for the future and at least consider an upgrade at LT or DE.

AustinChief
03-19-2012, 08:14 PM
OK. You're still just a guy.

You can't compete with PFF.

They destroy you.

PFF > You

So you lost the argument on FACTS... now it is simply.. "you are just a guy"... guess what .. so is PFF.. it is ONE dude and some part time random dudes... with a website. I am just some dude, with some part time random dudes.. with a website!!!

You do realize that is all they are right? They are RANDOM dudes who watch film and try to figure out stats that the NFL knows better then to try to quantify with such limited information.

Deberg_1990
03-19-2012, 08:16 PM
Buh Bye Dorsey......we can get the same production for alot less out of any random 4th or 5th rounder.

Count Alex's Losses
03-19-2012, 08:17 PM
I didn't lose any argument.

The fact is, those other sites are wrong. They don't have the attention to detail that PFF does. None of them, for instance, assign sacks to quarterbacks. PFF does. Because they realize that sometimes it's not the OTs fault.

And FYI, PFF employs DOZENS of people.

AustinChief
03-19-2012, 08:17 PM
I FIGURED IT OUT!

Saccopoo is a mult of Kyle's.

Brilliant, Holmes!

Ha, no I'd be fine with any number of other positions being taken at #11.. I'd prefer we trade out... but if we take a LT prospect as a backup to both OT spots and an eventual starter... I wouldn't be upset in the least. I'd also be fine with another DE if that is where the value is.

the point is, we can't get what if we TRULY need there this year(QB,NT) then we need to look at depth for players that we may lose in 2013.

Just trying to shift the paradigm a little.

Easy 6
03-19-2012, 08:23 PM
The masses have risen up to challenge Austin Assad.

Albert stays, Dorsey goes it is.

TheGuardian
03-19-2012, 08:25 PM
No.. Albert is better then average.. especially at pass protection... but that is it. Hey if we can get a stud at some other spot with #11 I'm all for it.. if we can trade down to pick up picks for next year .. I'm all for it. If not, I see no reason not to prepare for the future and at least consider an upgrade at LT or DE.

No Albert is very good.

/discussion

ChiefRocka
03-19-2012, 08:25 PM
Hell no on drafting a RT in round one.

Count Alex's Losses
03-19-2012, 08:26 PM

Either all of the analysts at PFF AND the informed masses of Chiefsplanet are wrong....or one guy who has always had an axe to grind with Albert is wrong. Oh, and sac.

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrvz4yJuts1qfu4tho1_250.jpg

AustinChief
03-19-2012, 08:27 PM

The fact is, those other sites are wrong. They don't have the attention to detail that PFF is. None of them, for instance, assign sacks to quarterbacks. PFF does. Because they realize that sometimes it's not the OTs fault.

And FYI, PFF employs DOZENS of people.

Nice attempt at deceit...

Today, the site provides customized data to five NFL teams, Mr. Hornsby says, as well as to sports agents seeking to bolster their players' arguments for fat paychecks. Mr. Hornsby won't say which teams or agents are paying for his data. But he says revenue is now great enough that he employs four analysts to help him study game footage, and 13 others to count how many downs each NFL athlete plays per game. He says he doesn't provide data to the Patriots.

#1 looks like 5 != 25% of 32 OUCH.
#2 he has 13 people who only count the numbers on the backs of jerseys... he employs FOUR analysts... FOUR... not dozens. (yes he has contributing writers and support staff for financials, web design, etc but who cares)

AustinChief
03-19-2012, 08:29 PM

Oh I have no serious problem with drafting Dorsey's replacement this yar either... I prefer to replace Albert but no big deal.. I am just promoting the idea that if we can't get what we need NOW, we start to look at what we WILL need soon.

AustinChief
03-19-2012, 08:30 PM
Either all of the analysts at PFF AND the informed masses of Chiefsplanet are wrong....or one guy who has always had an axe to grind with Albert is wrong. Oh, and sac.

all 4 + the owner?

How many people work at stats.com? Why are they wrong and PFF right? There is absolutely no good reason to believe either is truly accurate... you just have a hard on for PFF.

Count Alex's Losses
03-19-2012, 08:33 PM
all 4 + the owner?

ROFL

They have dozens of people doing work for them. You have no idea. 4 guys couldn't put out Sunday grades for almost every player by Tuesday.

AustinChief
03-19-2012, 08:34 PM

And yes you did. You lost the minute you thought you could keep up.. but that's beside the point. You lost again when you challenged for conflicting data and I immediately showed it. You lost once more when saying that 25% of the NFL teams take them seriously... when according to a CREDIBLE source, it is 5/32 or closer to 15%... you lost yet again when you claimed that my figure of 4 guys was wrong and it was dozens...

Count Alex's Losses
03-19-2012, 08:36 PM
N
#1 looks like 5 != 25% of 32 OUCH.

That's customized data.

Over 25 percent of the teams take their data in some form. They just provide customized data to five teams. Which actually weakens your position, looks like the NFL is paying them for customized reports.

yes he has contributing writers and support staff for financials, web design, etc but who cares)

That's what I was talking about. They're a huge, legit website.

And a million times greater than little old Kyle.

AustinChief
03-19-2012, 08:37 PM
ROFL

They have dozens of people doing work for them. You have no idea. 4 guys couldn't put out Sunday grades for almost every player by Tuesday.

Ah, gotcha... now The Wall Street Journal who quoted the FOUNDER of the site... is wrong. You are an idiot.

So in late 2007 I finally got to recruit some analysts, and once more luck played a part in that the first guy I got in to help me changed the whole way I looked at things. Ben Stockwell is the chief analyst for the site and disproves the theory you donít get quality with quantity.
Although we do have a number of other analysts, 90 percent of what you see on the current site has been completed by either Ben or I. I initially estimated that I might need 16 people, each analyzing one game a week but because Ben gets through so much analysis I now know this estimate was way out.

Count Alex's Losses
03-19-2012, 08:37 PM
OK, whatever dipshit. Tell me again how I lose when Albert gets a fat contract next year. Idiot.

Easy 6
03-19-2012, 08:40 PM
I do hope that this doesnt devolve into a Dorsey bashing thread... that guy has been NOTHING but a solid trooper for this team through coaching changes, position changes & all kinds of other garbage.

I've never once thought he was sandbagging, he definitely gives us what he has with no complaint.

Good player + good character, if we let him go he'll be a nice addition to some team.

AustinChief
03-19-2012, 08:41 PM
OK, whatever dipshit. Tell me again how I lose when Albert gets a fat contract next year. Idiot.

If he gets one it will be because he improved immensely over the last 4 years performances. I hope he does... but I doubt it. He likely will putter along as a 10-15 guy who will get a nice solid contract because of it.

So why don't you tell me again how PFF has soooooo many analysts... you know .. like more than 4 random dudes and a limey?

Count Alex's Losses
03-19-2012, 08:41 PM
AustinChief knows more than NFL players, NFL teams, NFL agents and NFL executives. He is a true genious. He also knows more than the media.

http://i44.tinypic.com/qratub.jpg

AustinChief
03-19-2012, 08:47 PM
AustinChief knows more than NFL players, NFL teams, NFL agents and NFL executives. He is a true genious. He also knows more than the media.

You are a complete and utter fucking tool. As I said before if you could fucking read... SOME of their data is valid and useful.. for example the number of plays a player was in on, the number of penalties, etc... That data is useful and if I were an NFL team I would either pay for it from them or have it compiled in house. Some of the data ... the data YOU cling to.. is crap and based on guesswork. I will continue to call you out on it every time.

BTW nice job trying to change the subject and avoid the FACT that you were DEAD WRONG about how many analysts they have. It just proves that you don't even know what you are talking about when it comes to your pet website PFF... basically it proves you are doing nothing but pulling shit out of your ass. No wonder you fit in at WPI.

Bewbies
03-19-2012, 08:49 PM
Can we move this to DC?

ChiefsCountry
03-19-2012, 08:52 PM
As much as i like Dorsey he is gone unless he takes a pay cut.
Posted via Mobile Device

Count Alex's Losses
03-19-2012, 08:53 PM
You are a complete and utter fucking tool. As I said before if you could fucking read... SOME of their data is valid and useful..

Yeah, just the data you disagree with. ROFL

No wonder you fit in at WPI.

Haven't worked there for months.

YOU are an utter tool who can't admit he is wrong about Albert. You look as dumb as Sac.

Count Alex's Losses
03-19-2012, 08:55 PM
I would love to know how many sacks AsstinChief thinks Albert allowed last season. Lay a number on us since you are so knowledgeable and highly informed.

AustinChief
03-19-2012, 09:01 PM
Yeah, just the data you disagree with. ROFL

YOU are an utter tool who can't admit he is wrong about Albert. You look as dumb as Sac.

No, the data that is easily quantified. The data that doesn't require interpretation without enough information to go on. You should NEVER get wrong the number of times a player is on the field, or the number of penalties attributed to him... those are no brainers. It's OBVIOUS that sacks allowed can be gotten wrong quite often.. as PROVEN by the discrepancy between stats.com and pff on any number of players.

I'm not "wrong" on Albert, it's my opinion, one I hold to be true. You try to make your "opinion" FACT by quoting some crap analysis by random dudes.

A website you make shit up about.. and lie thinking that no one is going to call you on it. Well sorry, you were WRONG... 4 dudes and the owner... keep trying to shift gears all you want.. I think it's pretty obvious to everyone that you're full of shit.

Count Alex's Losses
03-19-2012, 09:03 PM
I'm not "wrong" on Albert, it's my opinion, one I hold to be true.

ROFL

Let's hear it then.

How many sacks did he allow?

AustinChief
03-19-2012, 09:05 PM
I would love to know how many sacks AsstinChief thinks Albert allowed last season. Lay a number on us since you are so knowledgeable and highly informed.

As soon as I have access to the All-22 AND know exactly what assignments there were for every play last year.. I'll get back to you. Since I only have access to the same film that PFF uses... I wouldn't venture a guess because then I'd be no better then them. It could be 3, it could be 5 .. it could be 8.. hell if I know. What is MORE important is that the same thing applies for ALL the players..so even if they got Albert spot on... if they screw up other players.. the RANKING is going to be off. It's just not reliable data. Period.

Count Alex's Losses
03-19-2012, 09:07 PM
Cop out. You don't need an all 22 to see who allowed a sack.

Count Alex's Losses
03-19-2012, 09:08 PM
"not reliable data"

BUT ONE QUARTER OF THE NFL TEAMS USE IT

FIVE ORDER CUSTOMIZED REPORTS! LMAO

You = full of shit

AustinChief
03-19-2012, 09:11 PM
Cop out. You don't need an all 22 to see who allowed a sack.

Even if you didn't.. you CERTAINLY need to know assignments...most of the time you can guess and get it right... most of the time it's pretty obvious... but not ALL the time.. hence why the figures from various sites don't line up.. ALSO the reason why it isn't an OFFICIAL stat.. because the NFL knows this simple fact.

Also, nice way to continue to weasel around the fact that you were DEAD WRONG about the number of analysts. You had no clue, so you pulled crap out of your ass. Why should anyone listen to ANYTHING from you after you just got busted for lying through your teeth?

Count Alex's Losses
03-19-2012, 09:12 PM
You don't need to know assignments.

The left tackle is assigned to block the outside linebacker or 4-3 RDE on a passing play 90 percent of the time.

You can't even make an educated guess on Albert so you really shouldn't be offering "opinions."

AustinChief
03-19-2012, 09:16 PM
"not reliable data"

BUT ONE QUARTER OF THE NFL TEAMS USE IT

FIVE ORDER CUSTOMIZED REPORTS! LMAO

You = full of shit

Listen moron. I will try this ONE LAST TIME... try to follow along and comprehend this time. SOME of the data is reliable.. some is not. GOT IT? Easily quantified data is reliable and valuable and I'm sure they do a bang up job counting players and penalties and what not. GUESSING at who was responsible for a sack makes for UNRELIABLE data. If I were an NFL team, I would use the data I know is reliable and useful and ignore the crap that you seem to cling to.

This concept is NOT hard to understand.. some of the data is fine and reliable.. not because I "agree" with it.. it has nothing to do with that.. it is data that doesn't require additional information to obtain. The data that DOES require additional info (sacks allowed for example) is at BEST guesswork.

Guesswork like your guesswork at how many analysts they had at PFF...

AustinChief
03-19-2012, 09:25 PM
You don't need to know assignments.

The left tackle is assigned to block the outside linebacker or 4-3 RDE on a passing play 90 percent of the time.

Let's pretend your 90% figure is correct... so the other 10% of the time we will do what? GUESS? Do you now see that 10% of 500 passing downs is 50 plays that someone is guessing on? Take that times 32 teams and you have 16,000 plays that someone could get wrong. (obviously there isn't a sack on every play, but you see the issue)

If you are going to try to pass of PFF's rankings as FACT (which you do).. then they need to not be based on GUESSES.. even if only 10% of the time.

And just a reminder.. it is only 4 guys and a Brit doing the guesswork... which you got WRONG and won't own up to.

Count Alex's Losses
03-19-2012, 09:26 PM
They don't assign blame on every play. If you knew shit, you would know that. They don't guess.

• DON’T GUESS — If you’re not 95 percent sure what’s gone on then don’t grade the player for that play. The grades must stand up to scrutiny and criticism, and it’s far better to say you’re not sure than be wrong.

It is, however, crucial that this is not seen as an excuse to shy away from making a judgement. What we definitely do not do is raise or lower the grading because we’re not sure. Giving a grade of -0.5 rather than -1.5 for a player on an individual play because you’re unsure is the wrong grade to give. If the grader is 95 percent sure of the severe fault on the play, the grade is -1.5. If, however, the grader is unsure of his judgment, the correct grade is 0.

In any case, there is far and away enough obvious grading going on to get a true picture of Albert. And the picture that is painted is that he is a top 10 left tackle. There is not nearly enough discrepancy introduced with that small of a percentage of plays to make Albert the player you erroneously believe he is.

You = wrong.

AustinChief
03-19-2012, 09:34 PM
They don't assign blame on every play. If you knew shit, you would know that. They don't guess.

In any case, there is far and away enough obvious grading going on to get a true picture of Albert. And the picture that is painted is that he is a top 10 left tackle. There is not nearly enough discrepancy introduced with that small of a percentage of plays to make Albert the player you erroneously believe he is.

You = wrong.

Jesus, you are stupid. You do realize that "95% sure" is complete subjective bullshit right? AND you realize that an empty data set skews the numbers just like a guess would? You also know that these guys are just random guys, they aren't coaches or former players... but just dudes. I don't doubt that they TRY to get it right. It isn't that they suck and are a bunch of lying liars. It's that it CAN'T BE DONE accurately with the limited data they have access to.

And no, he is not a top 10.. well maybe exactly #10(hence the 10-15 range I have so often stated).. but there are DEFINITELY 9 better LTs in the league.

And yet again, you refuse to own up to being DEAD wrong about the number of analysts at PFF.

cmh6476
03-19-2012, 09:34 PM
Albert and Alex Okafor

Count Alex's Losses
03-19-2012, 09:42 PM
there are DEFINITELY 9 better LTs in the league.

Sounds like a player that needs to be replaced.

AustinChief
03-19-2012, 09:54 PM
Sounds like a player that needs to be replaced.

Again, where did I say replace him now? I am saying that we have two players due to be free agents next year and I'd be fine with drafting his eventual replacement NOW and adding depth to the Oline in the process. Reading comprehension is NOT your strong suit.

Count Alex's Losses
03-19-2012, 10:14 PM
I'd be fine with drafting his eventual replacement NOW

Yeah, that's dumb, too. He doesn't need to be replaced.

tredadda
03-19-2012, 10:15 PM
Not reading through 135 posts, but if you can only keep one you keep Albert. Elite LTs, much like elite QBs almost never hit the market. We won't get better than Albert next year and we have no one on the roster who can replace his production. If we let him walk we are then forced to take a LT instead of a QB (which we need more) in round 1. This is after we finish most likely with a pick later than 15, meaning the elite LTs in the draft will be long gone. We will be forced to trade up for a LT which is foolish and we will still have no solution at QB. Albert without question is the more important signing.

HemiEd
03-19-2012, 10:15 PM
I think Branden Albert is a pretty solid LT, which is something we shouldn't take for granted. If I had to choose which player hit the road, I'd definitely choose Dorsey.

Same here, even though I hate to see either one go. Both have done everything asked of them.

Easy 6
03-19-2012, 10:17 PM
Not reading through 135 posts, but if you can only keep one you keep Albert. Elite LTs, much like elite QBs almost never hit the market. We won't get better than Albert next year and we have no one on the roster who can replace his production. If we let him walk we are then forced to take a LT instead of a QB (which we need more) in round 1. This is after we finish most likely with a pick later than 15, meaning the elite LTs in the draft will be long gone. We will be forced to trade up for a LT which is foolish and we will still have no solution at QB. Albert without question is the more important signing.

AustinChief
03-19-2012, 10:37 PM

Ok, the premise is THIS year's draft not next year's.. since we can't get a QB this year.. I am saying get an elite LT (Albert is far from elite) now and let Albert walk next year then draft QB next year. Of course, I would rater trade out and get a pick next year and give us more ammo for an elite QB... but if that can't happen, I'm fine with a rookie swing tackle that can be groomed to take over at LT.

the whole point of the thread is to look forward with THIS year's draft ... the focus on Albert and Dorsey is because they are the only two expected to be free agents next year... of course it's all moot if we extend either of them sooner... like I imagine we will do with Bowe.

Count Alex's Losses
03-19-2012, 10:44 PM
You don't know if any of those players are going to be elite.

We can win a SB with Albert, no need to replace him.

tredadda
03-19-2012, 10:44 PM
Ok, the premise is THIS year's draft not next year's.. since we can't get a QB this year.. I am saying get an elite LT (Albert is far from elite) now and let Albert walk next year then draft QB next year. Of course, I would rater trade out and get a pick next year and give us more ammo for an elite QB... but if that can't happen, I'm fine with a rookie swing tackle that can be groomed to take over at LT.

the whole point of the thread is to look forward with THIS year's draft ... the focus on Albert and Dorsey is because they are the only two expected to be free agents next year... of course it's all moot if we extend either of them sooner... like I imagine we will do with Bowe.

I understand, but by drafting his replacement with a #11 pick this year while we still have him is silly. What do you do with Albert then? Make him the back up? Or do we make our elite LT the backup? If we lose Dorsey, we have Bailey already on the roster to replace him. Why waste a pick on a replacement player if we don't need to? Albert as our LT is FAR more valuable to this team than a 3-4 DE like Dorsey, especially when his replacement is already here. The best route is what I have been advocating for like a week now and that is trading out of the first this year and getting another 1st next year and using those two picks for our elite QB. That will be shot down if we draft a replacement for a player we already have and should easily be able to sign.

Count Alex's Losses
03-19-2012, 10:48 PM
I've never heard of drafting a potentially "elite" LT and not starting him from day one.

AustinChief is a genious.

Chiefnj2
03-19-2012, 10:51 PM
The OL is a mess, in large part, because these guys have had a different OC every year. They need some stability in terms of players and coaches.

AustinChief
03-19-2012, 10:52 PM
I've never heard of drafting a potentially "elite" LT and not starting him from day one.

AustinChief is a genious.

hmmm.. Nate Solder?

Seems he was drafted at #17 and was a swing tackle for injured players and even played tight end...

Keep up.

Count Alex's Losses
03-19-2012, 10:55 PM
He started 13 freaking games at RT.

You keep up, dipshit.

We have no place for a rookie tackle except the bench.

AustinChief
03-19-2012, 10:56 PM
I understand, but by drafting his replacement with a #11 pick this year while we still have him is silly. What do you do with Albert then? Make him the back up? Or do we make our elite LT the backup? I

The best route is what I have been advocating for like a week now and that is trading out of the first this year and getting another 1st next year and using those two picks for our elite QB.

You make the rookie a backup/extra blocker (goal line).

Yes the BEST route is trade out for next year... this is all predicated upon the assumption that isn't possible.

The point of all this is that we really don't have many holes that can be filled with THIS draft pick without reaching on a QB or NT... so we may need to look to next years upcoming needs. Whether that is LT or DE.

keg in kc
03-19-2012, 10:59 PM
I think it's backwards taking the tackle first. We need the QB first, because it's a (much) longer period of development.

Not that it matters. We're not in a position for a QB this year, and we almost certainly won't be next year, unless the wheels completely come off. We'll probably be even lower, which makes a trade even less likely.

AustinChief
03-19-2012, 10:59 PM
He started 13 freaking games at RT.

You keep up, dipshit.

We have no place for a rookie tackle except the bench.

DUE TO INJURY DIPSHIT. So you are saying there is no chance we will have an OT injury? Vollmer and Solder rotated most of the season.

Solder was drafted to take over EVENTUALLY.. even thought the Pats had two more than capable tackles already. Hell, you could argue that they had two Pro-Bowl level tackles...

If Vollmer hadn't been injured, Solder would have had about half as much playing time.

Count Alex's Losses
03-19-2012, 11:02 PM
The reason the Pats drafted Solder is because Matt Light is old as dirt.

Albert is coming into his prime and we just signed a stud RT.

BETTER GO FIND AN ELITE LT IMMEDIATELY!

tredadda
03-19-2012, 11:02 PM
You make the rookie a backup/extra blocker (goal line).

Yes the BEST route is trade out for next year... this is all predicated upon the assumption that isn't possible.

The point of all this is that we really don't have many holes that can be filled with THIS draft pick without reaching on a QB or NT... so we may need to look to next years upcoming needs. Whether that is LT or DE.

Neither is really a need though. LT is easily fixed by resigning Albert. He is not going to command Joe Thomas money, so to not resign him is utterly ridiculous. We can draft LT depth in any of the rounds from 2-7. Dorsey's replacement is already on the roster, so resigning him is not nearly as critical. We can pick up depth for Bailey either this year, or next year in the draft or through FA. Since QB is our biggest need, doing anything that could jeopardize that is a poor move. Letting Albert walk would do just that, letting Dorsey walk would not.

AustinChief
03-19-2012, 11:03 PM
I think it's backwards taking the tackle first. We need the QB first, because it's a (much) longer period of development.

Not that it matters. We're not in a position for a QB this year, and we almost certainly won't be next year, unless the wheels completely come off.

My point exactly.. yes we need QB.. we all agree. But since we can't have one now, let's find out what we are GOING to need.

Our O-line is pretty bare once you get past the starters... taking a guy who could be a swing tackle/backup guard and eventually replace our LT who will be a free agent.. is not a crazy idea. Of course you could take an eventual replacement at DE as well. I am just trying to work out what to do with a pick that this year is going to give us players that don't seem to fit our immediate needs.

AustinChief
03-19-2012, 11:08 PM
Neither is really a need though. LT is easily fixed by resigning Albert. He is not going to command Joe Thomas money, so to not resign him is utterly ridiculous. We can draft LT depth in any of the rounds from 2-7. Dorsey's replacement is already on the roster, so resigning him is not nearly as critical. We can pick up depth for Bailey either this year, or next year in the draft or through FA. Since QB is our biggest need, doing anything that could jeopardize that is a poor move. Letting Albert walk would do just that, letting Dorsey walk would not.

Drafting a much better LT wouldn't jeopardize the QB situation.. so I fail to see the logic. IF we must draft someone this year at #11... an OT, C or WR would seem like the best choice in regards to the QB situation. Since there are no Cs or WRs that would be a value at that spot... that leaves LT or just go Defense(what I imagine will happen)

IF we can extend Albert at a reasonable rate before then... I am all for it. but that is not the scenario I outlined in the OP.. play along here guys.

AustinChief
03-19-2012, 11:12 PM
btw.. I was also assuming we would sign Wimbley.. now that it looks like we won't... I can see a definite need to go LB for depth. NOW I feel we have a legit hole that needs to be filled.

Easy 6
03-19-2012, 11:12 PM
The best route is what I have been advocating for like a week now and that is trading out of the first this year and getting another 1st next year and using those two picks for our elite QB. That will be shot down if we draft a replacement for a player we already have and should easily be able to sign.

Yeah, yeeeah, yep... not a bad idea at all.

tredadda
03-19-2012, 11:14 PM
Drafting a much better LT wouldn't jeopardize the QB situation.. so I fail to see the logic. IF we must draft someone this year at #11... an OT, C or WR would seem like the best choice in regards to the QB situation. Since there are no Cs or WRs that would be a value at that spot... that leaves LT or just go Defense(what I imagine will happen)

IF we can extend Albert at a reasonable rate before then... I am all for it. but that is not the scenario I outlined in the OP.. play along here guys.

Why not make Hudson our Center and get DeCastro as a replacement for Lilja since he is quite possibly the only elite player left by the time we draft at 11? Or if Richardson is available why not draft him? I see absolutely no reason to draft a WR or LT at 11 when those are far down the list of importance for us. You can get good LT depth in round 2, Albert should be easy to resign. By drafting his replacement you all but kill any chances of resigning him, which is in essence shooting yourself in the foot. Besides outside of Kalil who will be LONG gone by our pick, who in this draft is going to be a better LT than Albert?

AustinChief
03-19-2012, 11:35 PM
Why not make Hudson our Center and get DeCastro as a replacement for Lilja since he is quite possibly the only elite player left by the time we draft at 11? Or if Richardson is available why not draft him? I see absolutely no reason to draft a WR or LT at 11 when those are far down the list of importance for us. You can get good LT depth in round 2, Albert should be easy to resign. By drafting his replacement you all but kill any chances of resigning him, which is in essence shooting yourself in the foot. Besides outside of Kalil who will be LONG gone by our pick, who in this draft is going to be a better LT than Albert?

I'd have no problem with DeCastro.. but I'm not sure what to expect from Hudson at Center. It's also a bit of a reach to take a pure Guard at 11 even though he does appear to be worth it. I'd still be more comfortable with a true center later in the draft (Molk) and leaving Hudson at Guard where we know how good he is.

I highly doubt Richardson will fall to us.

Reiff and Martin are both better LT prospects then Albert. After that, no one.

ChiefaRoo
03-19-2012, 11:37 PM
Why not plan on moving Albert to LG. Lilja is getting old Albert would be a great fit.

Count Alex's Losses
03-19-2012, 11:38 PM
Reiff and Martin are both better LT prospects then Albert.

ROFL

Yeah, they have proven they can play in the NFL.

Call me when one of them owns Richard Seymour in their first pro game.

Count Alex's Losses
03-19-2012, 11:39 PM
Why not plan on moving Albert to LG. Lilja is getting old Albert would be a great fit.

:facepalm:

Because Albert would leave to play tackle for someone else.

AustinChief
03-19-2012, 11:39 PM

I seriously doubt he would make the move willingly. That ship has sailed in my opinion.

AustinChief
03-19-2012, 11:40 PM
ROFL

Yeah, they have proven they can play in the NFL.

Call me when one of them owns Richard Seymour in their first pro game.

Gotcha.. by that logic Cassel/Quinn is better than Andrew Luck and RGIII!

Count Alex's Losses
03-19-2012, 11:42 PM
Gotcha.. by that logic Cassel/Quinn is better than Andrew Luck and RGIII!

No, idiot, because Cassel hasn't proven he can be a top 10 player at his position.

tredadda
03-19-2012, 11:46 PM
I'd have no problem with DeCastro.. but I'm not sure what to expect from Hudson at Center. It's also a bit of a reach to take a pure Guard at 11 even though he does appear to be worth it. I'd still be more comfortable with a true center later in the draft (Molk) and leaving Hudson at Guard where we know how good he is.

I highly doubt Richardson will fall to us.

Reiff and Martin are both better LT prospects then Albert. After that, no one.

The same Reiff that is projected to be a RT in the NFL?

AustinChief
03-19-2012, 11:46 PM
No, idiot, because Cassel hasn't proven he can be a top 10 player at his position.

And neither has Albert.. even if we go by your ONE YEAR logic(Albert in 2011 according to PFF..)... then Cassel was top 10 in 2008. Yet again you fail.

Nice thing about taking a LT THIS year.. if he does look to be a bust.. you can resign Albert and with the new rookie salary structure... you haven't lost much... and have great O-line depth. Something we have ZERO of right now. (not too bad for a WORST case scenario)

Willie Lanier
03-19-2012, 11:48 PM
If we can work out a deal with Bowe, I would rather re-sign Albert

AustinChief
03-19-2012, 11:48 PM
The same Reiff that is projected to be a RT in the NFL?

Some people have him projected to be a Guard as well.. PLENTY of others have him as a LT. I don't put a whole lot of stock into the "projections" at this point.

tredadda
03-19-2012, 11:50 PM
And neither has Albert.. even if we go by your ONE YEAR logic(Albert in 2011)... then Cassel was top 10 in 2008. Yet again you fail.

Nice thing about taking a LT THIS year.. if he does look to be a bust.. you can resign Albert and with the new rookie salary structure... you haven't lost much... and have great O-line depth. Something we have ZERO of right now. (not too bad for a WORST case scenario)

Wrong. You draft a LT in round 1, you lose Albert. Think of the Peyton/ Tebow situation. You bring in one, you lose the other.

tredadda
03-19-2012, 11:52 PM
Some people have him projected to be a Guard as well.. PLENTY of others have him as a LT. I don't put a whole lot of stock into the "projections" at this point.

Sorry, but I fail to see how a player projected to be anything but strictly a LT (like Kalil) figures to be better than Albert.

AustinChief
03-19-2012, 11:54 PM
Wrong. You draft a LT in round 1, you lose Albert. Think of the Peyton/ Tebow situation. You bring in one, you lose the other.

What? Why do you lose Albert? He is under contract for another year. The Pats didn't "lose" Light or Vollmer when they drafted Solder. And they were VERY lucky(or smart) that they did.. otherwise they would have been screwed when Vollmer got injured...

Solder was drafted with the intent of competing for a starting Tackle job but likely being a rotational player who was injury insurance THIS year and would take over next year. I see no reason we couldn't do the same. What do we do if one of our Tackles go down? yes we could go with a scrub later round depth guy... but the Pats did it right and it worked out pretty well for them.

DJ's left nut
03-19-2012, 11:57 PM

And I think you're drunk.

Dorsey's just a slightly above average 5-tech who happens to be a complete one-trick pony.

Albert is, at worst, an average LT. And there are a shockingly small number of guys that are demonstrably better at the position than he is (fewer than 10; he's in that middle group of 6-8 guys, IMO). To find another LT of his ilk, you'll almost certainly have to use a first round pick on him.

To find another 5-tech that is approximately Dorsey's equal...well you just play Bailey. The 3rd is a fine place to start looking for Dorsey's replacement.

I don't think the Chiefs have much interest in bringing Dorsey back next season, nor should they. He's going to cost way too much for what he provides. He's a solid player; a 'nice' guy that doesn't hurt to have if he's not too expensive.

By next season he'll be too expensive. He's no sort of playmaker, no sort of difference maker. He's exactly the kind of player you let walk.

tredadda
03-19-2012, 11:57 PM
What? Why do you lose Albert? He is under contract for another year. The Pats didn't "lose" Light or Vollmer when they drafted Solder. And they were VERY lucky(or smart) that they did.. otherwise they would have been screwed when Vollmer got injured...

Solder was drafted with the intent of competing for a starting Tackle job but likely being a rotational player who was injury insurance THIS year and would take over next year. I see no reason we couldn't do the same. What do we do if one of our Tackles go down? yes we could go with a scrub later round depth guy... but the Pats did it right and it worked out pretty well for them.

You lose Albert next year. Big difference between Light near the end of his career and Albert who is hitting his prime.

Count Alex's Losses
03-19-2012, 11:58 PM
And neither has Albert..

Yes he has.

By your own admission, by the judgment of many here, by the judgment of paid analysts.

DJ's left nut
03-19-2012, 11:59 PM
And as it turns out, this thread actually devolved into an Austin/Goatse pissing match.

Forget I ever said anything - I'm outie...

DeezNutz
03-20-2012, 12:04 AM
Forget I ever said anything - I'm outie...

Tell this fucking forum something they don't know about me...

tredadda
03-20-2012, 09:30 AM
Well, it wouldn't be a true Chiefs offseason without someone, whether it is an expert or fan advocating us using a first round pick on a LT.

wazu
03-20-2012, 10:32 AM

In rainbow unicorn land you can sign guys like Albert and Dorsey? Setting the bar pretty low, I would say. They are both solid players, but there is no reason to think we need to let one go unless we are planning to upgrade.

Saul Good
03-20-2012, 12:41 PM
There are maybe 5-7 LTs in the league who are materially better than Albert, and there are another 5-7 who are roughly his equal.

The chances of drafting a LT at 11 who is better than him in a meaningful way are very slim. Even if you did upgrade to the third best LT, what have you really gained?

LT is about the last position I would want to see drafted there. Hell, even a Center would be a better pick at that spot. I have zero interest in hoping to slightly upgrade a spot on the O-Line when we have a solid player entering his prime on the roster.