PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs One position we really need

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-19-2012, 06:22 PM
Is kickoff/punt returner, like Devon Hestor. If we had a great one this would be a big benefit since we are set at most positions coming into the draft. Is there one out there we can get in round 3 + ?

Bill Lundberg
03-19-2012, 06:28 PM
Yeah, his name is Javier Arenas.. Oh, I mean Dexter McCluster. Not a big need at the moment...

Jewish Rabbi
03-19-2012, 06:35 PM
I'd rather draft a QB in all 7 rounds and hope one doesn't piss down his leg.

Mr. Laz
03-19-2012, 06:37 PM
we need better blocking on returns

our returners pretty much got blasted as soon as they touched the ball.

Arenas was able to take hits and keep going but better blocking would help a ton

bevischief
03-19-2012, 06:38 PM
NT.

Kylo Ren
03-19-2012, 06:39 PM
Yes, Arenas and McCluster are both above average. Not a position of need right now.

Micjones
03-19-2012, 06:40 PM
With what we've done in FA this year...
I think you can go out and draft a player who will specialize in returns.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-19-2012, 06:41 PM
Liars ! McCluster was the last one to return for a Td 2 fuckin years ago on day 1!

WV
03-19-2012, 06:41 PM
Breaston is also an accomplished returner as well.

RealSNR
03-19-2012, 06:43 PM
I was told that problem was solved in 2010 when we pissed away two 2nd round draft picks on a nickel corner and a midget turd.

Raiderhater
03-19-2012, 06:43 PM
I'd rather draft a QB in all 7 rounds and hope one doesn't piss down his leg.

I'm not opposed to this strategy.

L.A. Chieffan
03-19-2012, 06:45 PM
i agree. if we dont go OL in the first i wouldnt mind a ted ginn or hayward-bey type guy

Mr. Laz
03-19-2012, 06:51 PM
Yes, Arenas and McCluster are both above average. Not a position of need right now.
I think Arenas is much better than McCluster

personally i just don't know what anyone sees in McC for anything, just another 'guy' imo.

dannybcaitlyn
03-19-2012, 06:52 PM
Yep. Ted Ginn is available.

bricks
03-19-2012, 06:55 PM
This is what we need to do:

-Fix the blocking on special teams and return game will improve

-Get some linebackers in this scheme that can cover or else we will get burned all day by TEs....Add some more pass rushers to improve overall pass rushing as a team. You can never have enough pass rushers.

-Draft another safety who has the physical tools, coverage skills, speed and athleticism to play the position. I'm not convinced that Kendrick Lewis is that good. Sorry, he sucks in coverage especially man to man. Langford and McGraw are garbage.

-Get a NT in here. We need a guy who can collapse the pocket.

-Improve the interior of the Oline. Lilja and Wiegmann need to be replaced.

-Get a real QB, but that's wishful thinking at this point.

* we still have a lot of areas that need to addressed and a ways to go. These are the real areas of need IMO.. Address these needs and we are really legit

kcpasco
03-19-2012, 06:55 PM
I was told that problem was solved in 2010 when we pissed away two 2nd round draft picks on a nickel corner and a midget turd.

I wouldn't diss Arenas, he has been a solid player

RealSNR
03-19-2012, 07:00 PM
I wouldn't diss Arenas, he has been a solid playerHe's absolutely been a solid nickel corner.

As a returner, not so much. We'll see if this new special teams coach of Romeo's fixes that this year

Nightfyre
03-19-2012, 07:02 PM
He's absolutely been a solid nickel corner.

As a returner, not so much. We'll see if this new special teams coach of Romeo's fixes that this year

Didn't arenas have among the highest punt return averages last year? Yea, he doesn't have the big play threat, but field position is pretty... important. Plus I don't remember him muffing any punts...

RealSNR
03-19-2012, 07:05 PM
Didn't arenas have among the highest punt return averages last year? Yea, he doesn't have the big play threat, but field position is pretty... important. Plus I don't remember him muffing any punts...That's hard to believe. I'd need to see some numbers behind that.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-19-2012, 07:14 PM
I/m just sayin if we could find that one guy like Hester or Dante Hall in prime it would make us complete except for the QB with Downs syndrome.

Mr. Laz
03-19-2012, 07:19 PM
with decent blocking, Arenas can be a good returner.

He's not going to get you a bunch of TD's because his speed isn't great but he can be a consistent guy.

crispystl
03-19-2012, 07:20 PM
i agree. if we dont go OL in the first i wouldnt mind a ted ginn or hayward-bey type guy

Forget that.

ChiefsCountry
03-19-2012, 07:21 PM
Joe Adams from Arkansas.
Posted via Mobile Device

crispystl
03-19-2012, 07:22 PM
Didn't arenas have among the highest punt return averages last year? Yea, he doesn't have the big play threat, but field position is pretty... important. Plus I don't remember him muffing any punts...

It wouldn't surprise me. He has decent moves and usually moves it forward pretty well. He just doesn't have break away speed. he also needs to learn to call for the damn fair catch.

KChiefer
03-19-2012, 07:26 PM
Considering all the touchbacks last year KR not that big a deal.

CoMoChief
03-19-2012, 07:30 PM
QB and NT.

Both are the 2 most positions on either side of the ball.

And we have YET to seriously address each one. We technically tried once at QB and miserably have failed. Pioli will never admit he's wrong on that.

L.A. Chieffan
03-19-2012, 07:35 PM
Forget that.

Ya I know we should probably go for the RG instead.

crispystl
03-19-2012, 07:35 PM
[QUOTE=CoMoChief;8473841]QB and NT.

Both are the 2 most positions on either side of the ball.

This

crispystl
03-19-2012, 07:37 PM
Ya I know we should probably go for the RT instead.

No, we should look for a pass rusher and a NT. That's just my opinion, I'm not trying to blast you.

Nightfyre
03-19-2012, 07:41 PM
According to http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/returning/sort/yardsPerPuntReturn

Amongst punt returners with more than 12 returns, Arenas was third overall in PR average.

Three7s
03-19-2012, 07:43 PM
I think Arenas is much better than McCluster

personally i just don't know what anyone sees in McC for anything, just another 'guy' imo.
You'd be surprised. :shake:

HoneyBadger
03-19-2012, 07:49 PM
GM
Cheerleader
QB

Mr. Laz
03-19-2012, 07:53 PM
You'd be surprised. :shake:
surprised about what?

McClusters inability to make people miss or his lack of feel for running the ball as a RB/WR or Returner?

He's a tough little sucker though, he can get blown up over and over again and keep getting up.

mr. tegu
03-19-2012, 08:00 PM
No, we should look for a pass rusher and a NT. That's just my opinion, I'm not trying to blast you.

Yes! A stud linebacker would be great.

Three7s
03-19-2012, 09:10 PM
surprised about what?

McClusters inability to make people miss or his lack of feel for running the ball as a RB/WR or Returner?

He's a tough little sucker though, he can get blown up over and over again and keep getting up.
Sadly, a lot of people still see him as "electric".

Marcellus
03-19-2012, 09:12 PM
According to http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/returning/sort/yardsPerPuntReturn

Amongst punt returners with more than 12 returns, Arenas was third overall in PR average.

I was just about to look that up. I remember his average being highly ranked which is odd considering he never broke one.

saphojunkie
03-19-2012, 09:14 PM
I'm not joking, I had a dream last night that McCluster was quoted on tape that he wore a size 3.5 shoe.

I think I need a break from his shit for a day.

ThaVirus
03-19-2012, 09:15 PM
That's hard to believe. I'd need to see some numbers behind that.

Yep. Arenas is very shifty. I'm surprised it took them so long to throw him out there in the wildcat. As someone in this thread said, he won't get many TDs because he lacks breakaway speed, but he consistently gets good returns. If I remember correctly, he returned a punt for a TD that got called back on a penalty against the Raiders last season, so he does have the capability of scoring on returns. I'd prefer to see Arenas returning punts and McCluster returning kicks.