PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs McNeill, Schwartz, Cotchery visiting today?

shammus
03-19-2012, 07:20 PM
Heard these three were visiting today or within the past couple days. Anyone hear how these visits went or if we're even still interested in McNeill or Schwartz after signing Winston? Hoping we get Schwartz at least as he could start for us at right guard as well as provide depth at tackle. I think that our oline would be set if that happened -

Albert
Asamoah
Hudson
Schwartz
Winston

Deberg_1990
03-19-2012, 07:22 PM
your in luck. all 3 signed just minutes ago.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/McNeill-Schwarz-Chiefs-put-on-full-court-press/660be914-cf99-4580-8ef4-59abc94c4677

Chocolate Hog
03-19-2012, 07:22 PM
Cotchery got in town tonight and will be visiting tomorrow. I don't know about the others plus Pioli and Crennel were at the Iowa pro day today.

Mr. Laz
03-19-2012, 07:23 PM
I don't see where McNeil would fit in anymore

who gives a shit about crotch

give me schwartz and i would be happy

Oline has depth and is set except for Center and Hudson might have that

royr17
03-19-2012, 07:23 PM

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/McNeill-Schwarz-Chiefs-put-on-full-court-press/660be914-cf99-4580-8ef4-59abc94c4677

you asshole lol

Mr. Laz
03-19-2012, 07:24 PM

:spock:

royr17
03-19-2012, 07:25 PM
I don't see where McNeil would fit in anymore

who gives a shit about crotch

give me schwartz and i would be happy

Oline has depth and is set except for Center and Hudson might have that

McNeill fits as Alberts backup. If Albert was to go down who do we have on our roster right now that could step right in and there wont be a significant drop off ? Nobody unless they draft as OT, McNeill would be a perfect signing for depth on the line, as would Schwartz.

Mr. Laz
03-19-2012, 07:26 PM
McNeill fits as Alberts backup. If Albert was to go down who do we have on our roster right now that could step right in and there wont be a significant drop off ? Nobody unless they draft as OT, McNeill would be a perfect signing for depth on the line, as would Schwartz.
ya, except for i don't see McNeil has a guy willing to sign as depth.

i guess if nobody else makes him an offer we can call him back.

xztop12
03-19-2012, 07:27 PM
someone needs to be negotiating Louis Castillo

why the hell is romeo at iowa pro day? there are no D players there

Chocolate Hog
03-19-2012, 07:28 PM
He's the head coach now

royr17
03-19-2012, 07:31 PM

i guess if nobody else makes him an offer we can call him back.

Well the guy has a big injury bullseye on his back, it would be the perfect opportunity for him to get healthy and prove hisself, that he can still be and play up to the player he was before, no team in the right mind is going to go all out on him due to the injury question marks. Thats why it would make sense for him to sign if given the opportunity, just as what was done with Jared Gaither.

Tuckdaddy
03-19-2012, 07:32 PM
He's the head coach now

YEAH! HE'S THE HEAD HONCHO NOW!

I meant no disrespect.

Dave Lane
03-19-2012, 07:43 PM
YEAH! HE'S HNIC NOW!

I think you ought to modify that before Phobia sees it. I'm thinking you could get a vacation.

Bwana
03-19-2012, 07:44 PM

Wow

Easy 6
03-19-2012, 07:47 PM

this.

Epic Fail 007
03-19-2012, 07:52 PM

Yes but we need WR Marvin mcnutt

jspchief
03-19-2012, 07:58 PM

A LT in a FA year that's weak on tackles, a week in, and he still doesn't have a job.

I'm not sure he has much leverage. If someone needed him as a starting LT, he wouldn't still be available.

chiefzilla1501
03-19-2012, 08:11 PM
Is there anybody that's a little bit worried that McNeil and Cotchery are moreso leverage for next year's Bowe and Albert negotiation than they are career backups?

I just don't know with this team anymore.

jspchief
03-19-2012, 08:15 PM
Is there anybody that's a little bit worried that McNeil and Cotchery are moreso leverage for next year's Bowe and Albert negotiation than they are career backups?

That's exactly what McNeil looks like to me.

Cotchery leverage against Bowe? Good god I hope not.

Mr. Laz
03-19-2012, 08:17 PM

still trying to find a way to bitch about Pioli, i see.

In no way could crotchery be considered anything about Bowe.

chiefzilla1501
03-19-2012, 08:23 PM
still trying to find a way to bitch about Pioli, i see.

In no way could crotchery be considered anything about Bowe.

Then what the fuck is McNeill? Do you really think Pioli is the type of guy that's going to pay McNeill money for a backup?

Mr. Laz
03-19-2012, 08:34 PM
Then what the fuck is McNeill? Do you really think Pioli is the type of guy that's going to pay McNeill money for a backup?
I think McNeil was probably the backup plan for if they didn't get Winston.

I don't expect them to sign McNeil now at all.

I guess maybe if McNeil is just tired of football and would settle for being a backup swing OT ... but i doubt it.

ChiefsandO'sfan
03-28-2012, 07:04 PM
Offensive tackle Marcus McNeill — Released by San Diego on March 13, McNeill visited the Lions a day later but left without a contract. He was rumored to have meetings lined up with the Falcons and Chiefs, but they apparently fell through. While McNeill has two Pro Bowls and 82 starts at a premium NFL position on his resume at age 28, medical concerns have clearly affected his market value

Defensive tackle Aubrayo Franklin — Franklin’s career peak was receiving the 49ers’ franchise tag in 2010. His 2011 market was surprisingly slow, and he’s now going on age 32. Franklin is coming off a disappointing season in New Orleans, struggling for playing time. The 2011 game tape may be turning off teams.

. Defensive end Luis Castillo — A productive but injury-prone 3-4 defensive end, Castillo has visited the Patriots and Chiefs in free agency, but likely was offered only the veteran’s minimum after missing all but one game last season. The Chargers also have an offer on the table to keep him. Castillo is only 28 years old with plenty of starts on his resume.

Chocolate Hog
03-28-2012, 07:07 PM
We're going to be able to get any of those guys at a discounted price. On Sirius NFL Radio they were talking about how this draft is all about the players on both sides of the line.

BossChief
03-28-2012, 07:09 PM
I wouldnt be happy if we signed any of those guys, but I wouldnt be mad either.

Direckshun
03-28-2012, 07:09 PM
We're going to be able to get any of those guys at a discounted price. On Sirius NFL Radio they were talking about how this draft is all about the players on both sides of the line.

Depends who was talking.

I will take anything said on Moving The Chains as gospel. Pat Kirwan & Tim Ryan = actual football geniuses.

The Blitz is just NFL Radio's version of ESPN. They know what we know, never more.

Chocolate Hog
03-28-2012, 07:20 PM
Depends who was talking.

I will take anything said on Moving The Chains as gospel. Pat Kirwan & Tim Ryan = actual football geniuses.

The Blitz is just NFL Radio's version of ESPN. They know what we know, never more.

It was PK on moving the chains

rtmike
03-28-2012, 09:16 PM
Albert's contract is up after this season correct?

This draft will show whether they plan on paying him what he thinks he's worth or grooming someone else imo.

NJChiefsFan
03-28-2012, 10:10 PM
Depends who was talking.

I really like both of them. That being said, I have heard him defend Cassel a lot.

Dmello12
03-28-2012, 10:40 PM
throw him in at guard haha

BossChief
03-28-2012, 10:48 PM
Albert's contract is up after this season correct?

This draft will show whether they plan on paying him what he thinks he's worth or grooming someone else imo.

He will be franchise tagged after this year.

Bringing in McNeil was probably just due diligence.