PDA

View Full Version : Anyone think we go 3 tech at 11?

Chiefs=Good
03-19-2012, 08:44 PM
*FIVE TECH*- that was a typo.

Im not advocating it, but i get the feeling it's what we may do. Pioli has a history of pumping first round picks into the position and with Dorsey all but gone at the end of the year, i could see him doing it..

Its really not a position that ive focused on this year, are there any potential J.J Watt types to be found in this draft??

Mr. Laz
03-19-2012, 09:12 PM
we don't use a 3-tech at all so i'm not sure what you're asking.

a 3-tech defensive tackle is a penetration tackle ... we don't have that.

it's more like we have a nose tackle and two 5-techs

Dorsey doesn't shoot a gap, he engages and occupies.

SNR
03-19-2012, 09:29 PM
Jared Crick is a JJ Watt type and I can see him filling a very similar role for a 3-4 team the way Watt does for the Texans.

He was an oversized 4-3 DE in college who likely wouldn't have the speed to get sacks on a consistent basis, but has a great motor and makes huge plays in the backfield a lot.

Chiefs=Good
03-19-2012, 10:02 PM
Jesus 5 tech. typo..

Chiefs=Good
03-19-2012, 10:27 PM
Jared Crick is a JJ Watt type and I can see him filling a very similar role for a 3-4 team the way Watt does for the Texans.

He was an oversized 4-3 DE in college who likely wouldn't have the speed to get sacks on a consistent basis, but has a great motor and makes huge plays in the backfield a lot.

Ive heard good things about Brockers as well. Though im not sure how drafting another dt from LSU would go down around here LMAO.

Whats Fletcher Cox like? He seems to have the size for 5 tech...

Munson
03-19-2012, 10:33 PM
If we do take another 5-technique, Polio should be fired immediately.

SNR
03-20-2012, 12:03 AM
Ive heard good things about Brockers as well. Though im not sure how drafting another dt from LSU would go down around here LMAO.

Whats Fletcher Cox like? He seems to have the size for 5 tech...I like Brockers a lot. He's a nastier version of Tyson Jackson.

Keep in mind, Tyson Jackson was a solid player to draft in 2009. He just wasn't worth the 3rd overall pick when we had a hole at fucking QB and a true 3-4 NT was sitting right there for us. And let me clarify, he wasn't worth the 3rd overall pick PERIOD.

Neither is Brockers. I really don't want to see us taking a Dorsey replacement in the first round this year. There are plenty of quality 3-4 DEs in this draft, and many of them can be had in the 3rd round. Jared Crick is a possibility for us there if we get lucky.

Direckshun
03-20-2012, 06:02 AM
There's no reason to get bent out of shape if the Chiefs land a really good DE.

There's only two holes on the roster, and neither's going to be there at 11.

Anywhere the Chiefs draft will be depth, unless they go with DeCastro.

BPA.

the Talking Can
03-20-2012, 06:45 AM
why not...3 DEs in the first round in 5 years, no QBs

that's a smart franchise

suds79
03-20-2012, 07:28 AM
Do I think we go 5 tech at 11? No. And we shouldn't.

So many other better options.

- Trade down and get a pass rusher.
- Trade down and take a linebacker
- Stay pat and take Decastro (and I haven't been big on that)

All these options I'd rather do.

PGM
03-20-2012, 08:24 AM
Hell no.

O.city
03-20-2012, 08:54 AM
i think some are forgetting that if there isn't really a player there that we are dying to take, it's gonna be tough to trade down.

We likely are gonna have to stay put and overdraft someone we want.

Direckshun
03-20-2012, 11:46 AM
Might as well take DeCastro. Really.

No chance he busts, and he'll be the best guard in the game for 10 years.

SNR
03-20-2012, 03:13 PM
why not...3 DEs in the first round in 5 years, no QBs

that's a smart franchiseDraft a 5 tech in top 5 one year. Let him his contract expire, draft his replacement at #11 overall.

"Process"