PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Why Manning ruled out KC...

Pages : [1] 2

The Bad Guy
03-20-2012, 09:29 AM
Apparently, teams were pre-qualified by Manning prior to any visits. When Condon was contacted by the 12 teams, he told them that the contract Manning was starting at was 5 for 90 and going from there.

Teams either had to say in or out at that point.

From there, Manning narrowed his selections.

I was told this from someone yesterday, and then today on Twitter, a great guy to follow, Andrew Brandt commented on it as well. I was leery about what I was told, but this guy confirmed it.

The Chiefs never got past the pre-qualified stage.

Seattle did, but when Manning narrowed his choices, the roster had no appeal.

Just thought I'd post this since we had a lot of discussions about why the Chiefs never got a face to face.

Dayze
03-20-2012, 09:30 AM
interesting.

L.A. Chieffan
03-20-2012, 09:30 AM
MATT CASSEL SCARED HIS ASS

Sofa King
03-20-2012, 09:31 AM
Cool.

Well hopefully it turns out that we made the right decision. Guess that's all i can hope for.

The Bad Guy
03-20-2012, 09:33 AM
So all of Manning's talk like it's for the love of playing QB, the guy didn't necessarily care about best fit, he cared about who was paying the most initially.

I think having Helton and friends around in Denver helped seal the deal.

-King-

And denvers did?

Personally, I think Manning is not as smart as we have been led to believe.

The Bad Guy
And denvers did?

This is just my thinking, but if he was interested in Arizona, he wasn't going to be inteersted in another division rival.

Frazod
03-20-2012, 09:34 AM
Cool.

Well hopefully it turns out that we made the right decision. Guess that's all i can hope for.

Pretty much. That's a lot of money/time for a 36 year old QB with a surgically repaired neck. Let's hope it blows up in their faces.

The Bad Guy
And denvers did?

I think Manning is a guy who has to also be around people he likes and knows, which is why Denver was the first visit.

DJ's left nut
Manning, shockingly enough, chased the money.

For all the talk about how money didn't matter and championships did, in the end it was about the money.

I should've known - it's always about the money.

Count Zarth
Manning's incredibly smart.

He's using the Donks for a fat payday.

Mile High Mania
If he is healthy, then why not require top dollar? I don't think it says he isn't focused on winning.

Mile High Mania
03-20-2012, 09:35 AM

Silly

Fat Elvis
03-20-2012, 09:35 AM
5 for 90 and no assurance that Brokeneck can still throw the way he used to? IF he can, 18M/year seems reasonable, if not, that is money pissed in the wind.

siberian khatru
03-20-2012, 09:36 AM
How does the pre-qualifying time frame jibe with Clark's public statement about pursuing him?

The Bad Guy
03-20-2012, 09:36 AM

For all the talk about how money didn't matter and championships did, in the end it was about the money.

Absosoutely. If it wasn't, his agent never would have discussed numbers prior to visits.

Mile High Mania
03-20-2012, 09:37 AM
5 for 90 and no assurance that Brokeneck can still throw the way he used to? IF he can, 18M/year seems reasonable, if not, that is money pissed in the wind.

Agreed, but if three sets or more of team doctors liked what they saw, that is ok with me.

Mr. Arrowhead
He would have went the SF if he cared about winning a super bowl, and if you say otherwise then you are a idiot.

Count Zarth
Silly

I agree, the Donks are very silly.

It's a C+ squad with an A+ QB. So maybe you'll have a couple division titles to show for that 90 million.

DJ's left nut
If he is healthy, then why not require top dollar? I don't think it says he isn't focused on winning.

It says that his focus isn't exclusively winning, and that's what the talking heads were all trying to say.

"Manning just wants to win another championship; money doesn't matter, blah blah blah"

Not true - money very clearly mattered a great deal. Perhaps he also has legitimate championship aspirations as well, but if the first litmus test was contractual and not based on personnel, that makes it pretty clear that the championship aspirations weren't foremost on his list.

I don't fault him for it; it's his life and his livelihood. But in the end, I'm happy to move away from the narrative about how different Manning is than every other athlete. In the end, the money was clearly very important.

Mile High Mania
How does the pre-qualifying time frame jibe with Clark's public statement about pursuing him?

Fan focused PR to satisfy the masses?

L.A. Chieffan
03-20-2012, 09:38 AM
I agree, the Donks are very silly.

It's a C+ squad with an A+ QB. So maybe you'll have a couple division titles to show for that 90 million.

more like a C- squad with a BROKEDICK qb. HAHAHAA KARMA TRAIN COMMING FOR THOS BITCHES

DaFace

Yeah, I can't blame him for it. I'll be curious to see how the contract is structured in terms of protecting Denver if he DOES go down in the first game or something though.

boogblaster
its bout the money .. plus the light-air in dungver will help his throwing .....

Mile High Mania
03-20-2012, 09:39 AM
It says that his focus isn't exclusively winning, and that's what the talking heads were all trying to say.

"Manning just wants to win another championship; money doesn't matter, blah blah blah"

Not true - money very clearly mattered a great deal. Perhaps he also has legitimate championship aspirations as well, but if the first litmus test was contractual and not based on personnel, that makes it pretty clear that the championship aspirations weren't foremost on his list.

I don't fault him for it; it's his life and his livelihood. But in the end, I'm happy to move away from the narrative about how different Manning is than every other athlete. In the end, the money was clearly very important.

Right and it was the media saying that stuff, did Manning say its all about winning and not the money?

The Bad Guy

My source says Clark was told prior to that interview about the financial perameters, but it was more hopeful/wishing thinking/public excitement aspect that lead to that quote.

The Chiefs never really had a shot after their initial call to Condon. They knew that, but they also hoped he would at least visit so they could win them over.

Again, this is all passed down info, so don't take it as gospel, but it makes a ton of sense.

Mile High Mania
Yeah, I can't blame him for it. I'll be curious to see how the contract is structured in terms of protecting Denver if he DOES go down in the first game or something though.

Same here and we should know soon.

L.A. Chieffan
Right and it was the media saying that stuff, did Manning say its all about winning and not the money?

whenever its just about the money it usually turns out for the best

OnTheWarpath58
03-20-2012, 09:40 AM

Just read your exchange with Barry on FB.

Holy Christ, that guy is fucking retarded.

wazu
All that matters is the guaranteed money, which we don't know yet. If the Chiefs really balked at 5 for 90 without some other crazy guaranteed stipulation, then they are stupid.

DJ's left nut

Manning said nothing. Like I said, I'm not castigating Manning here.

But I'm also not interested in seeing anyone, media and especially Broncos fans, start casting halos for the guy. He went to Denver because the price was right.

It doesn't make him a bad guy - it simply makes him very ordinary.

Sofa King

Holy Christ, that guy is ****ing retarded.

You should watch him and Pestilence go at it.

Absolutely hilarious.

boogblaster
and yea if he was wanting a SB he should of went to SF .. hell they should of been SB champs .....

Pestilence
03-20-2012, 09:41 AM
Jim Trotter ‏ @SI_JimTrotter
$19 million a year is a lot to pay a QB for finishing second or third in the division. #broncos

L.A. Chieffan
03-20-2012, 09:42 AM
I already called it, this move cements the division for the chiefs

Sofa King
Jim Trotter ‏ @SI_JimTrotter
$19 million a year is a lot to pay a QB for finishing second or third in the division. #broncos

WELL WHO'S GONNA FINISH FIRST?

Pestilence

That guy is everything I hate about true fans. He's a fucking dipshit who thinks that his opinion is the only one that matters. Plus he looks like an addict with tourettes.

Extra Point
03-20-2012, 09:43 AM

Clark lined up to play chicken, is all. If he fell to the Chiefs, they'd make a nominal effort.

Manning has two game-time blind side hits left in him. I'm sure we'll get one of them in.

Mile High Mania
Manning said nothing. Like I said, I'm not castigating Manning here.

But I'm also not interested in seeing anyone, media and especially Broncos fans, start casting halos for the guy. He went to Denver because the price was right.

It doesn't make him a bad guy - it simply makes him very ordinary.

Agreed, he wasn't going somewhere cheap. And who knows if Harbaugh was willing to bend much on the play calling. I still say he never wanted to be in the NFC. The AFCW provides the best path to the playoffs and the AFCis not as top heavy with power teams, plus the allure of Manning vs Manning in a SB is appealing to him.

DJ's left nut
Brandt says it's $18 million in year 1, with an injury waiver built in for 2013; more details to come.

Count Zarth

IF YOU'RE NOT WITH US

YOU'RE AGAINST US

OnTheWarpath58
You should watch him and Pestilence go at it.

Absolutely hilarious.

Clay absolutely owned him. Then again, that's not terribly difficult.

Shame is, people like Barry make up the vast majority of the fanbase - idiots.

Von Dumbass
03-20-2012, 09:44 AM
That is the price you pay for greatness. The best free agent to hit the market in NFL history isn't gonna come cheap. I believe the Chiefs were serious about landing Manning and he just didn't feel comfortable with the people working for the Chiefs.

Pestilence
03-20-2012, 09:44 AM
Clay absolutely owned him. Then again, that's not terribly difficult.

Shame is, people like Barry make up the vast majority of the fanbase - idiots.

Where was this ownage on FB? I always like starting off my mornings by watching a moron get beat down.

wazu
03-20-2012, 09:45 AM
I already called it, this move cements the division for the chiefs

The Chiefs have the 4th best QB in a division of 4 teams. The surrounding cast will keep them in the hunt late into the year. If the stars all align they might win the division. They won't win a playoff game.

listopencil
03-20-2012, 09:45 AM

If it wasn't about the money he would have done what John Elway did to get a title. Take a substantial loss in pay so a Super Bowl team could be built around him. The 9ers would have been perfect for that, and they did contact him, so...not that hard to figure out really.

DaKCMan AP
03-20-2012, 09:46 AM
The best free agent to hit the market in NFL history isn't gonna come cheap.

Why are you bringing up Reggie White and Deion Sanders?

Sofa King
03-20-2012, 09:47 AM
Where was this ownage on FB? I always like starting off my mornings by watching a moron get beat down.

I looked for it too and couldn't find it. I'm very interested in it though.

Count Zarth
03-20-2012, 09:48 AM

UNCENSORED

Codered
He did what 98% of every player does. Follow a big pay check ... However, there were quite a few teams willing to pay the opening 90 MIL bid.

So Denver had to have something else besides money that was attracting.

Omaha
Yeah, he didn't want to come to KC & be a backup.

Pestilence
03-20-2012, 09:50 AM
I looked for it too and couldn't find it. I'm very interested in it though.

It's in the Uncensored page. Barry started a topic about how Condon disrespected Pioli......the exchange is towards the end.

Barry is a fucking retard....plain and simple.

Mile High Mania
03-20-2012, 09:51 AM
Sounds like 18m in year 1 and 58m in first three, possibly injury waiver or something like that.

The Bad Guy
03-20-2012, 09:52 AM
That is the price you pay for greatness. The best free agent to hit the market in NFL history isn't gonna come cheap. I believe the Chiefs were serious about landing Manning and he just didn't feel comfortable with the people working for the Chiefs.

I believe you have the mental capacity of a 5 year old.

Von Dumbass
18-20 million per year is the going rate for franchise QB's. Brady, Brees, Roethlisberger, Rivers, and Eli all make that much. Manning definitely could have gotten more, guys like Peyton NEVER hit the open market, if it was about the money Peyton would have allowed a bidding war.

Pestilence
I'm supposed to take this guy seriously?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YfTGK1qVbIw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Bad Guy
03-20-2012, 09:53 AM
Sounds like 18m in year 1 and 58m in first three, possibly injury waiver or something like that.

Yeah, that's absurd for a guy coming off massive surgery and sitting out a year.

Spin in it however you want.

Mr. Arrowhead
03-20-2012, 09:53 AM
18-20 million per year is the going rate for franchise QB's. Brady, Brees, Roethlisberger, Rivers, and Eli all make that much. Manning definitely could have gotten more, guys like Peyton NEVER hit the open market, if it was about the money Peyton would have allowed a bidding war.

none those guys have had 4 neck surgeries and none them are 36 years old

DaKCMan AP
03-20-2012, 09:54 AM

There have been better free agents than Peyton Manning.

Cave Johnson
Admittedly, QB rating is an imprecise measure. But, with the exception of 2009, Manning's has gone down every year since 2004.

He's on the downside of his career, and loss of velocity from his neck herniation can only accelerate it.

Mr. Kotter

Surprising, to me....but that appears to be the case. Guess he'd fooled us about his motives.

Pestilence
Really?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MKbP6wupgaE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Bad Guy
Peyton Manning was not getting more from any team than he did the Denver Broncos. Get freaking real.

OnTheWarpath58

Sorry to hijack, Frank, but this is comedy motherfucking GOLD.

BARRY: I'm just going to say this before the "Big News" hit's all the wires... Tom Condon is a Sellout. He is a Traitor. It Embarrasses me that this man is tied to Kansas City. He has insulted Kansas City to the CORE by brokering this deal with Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos. Mr. Hunt needs to schedule a press conference JUST to explain to the fans what the plan is going to be moving forward. Because Peyton Manning has OWNED Kansas City his entire career, and it COMES TO A STOP RIGHT NOW.

Clay: That's just silly, Barry. Tom Condon doesn't work for the Chiefs. It's not his responsibility to make them a better team. He's been cutting deals for other players with AFC West teams for years so I don't know why you'd suddenly get all mad over this one. Ridiculous.

BARRY: Tom Condon showed absolutely no respect for Scott Pioli. ZERO. There was an agenda from the start, and Pioli was borderline insulted by COndons people. I have my reasons, and what is REALLY ridiculous, is that you haven't hung on your cross yet for all your trash talk of Scott Pioli. Nobody has held you accountable for all the "Silly" little art you have published. Now that is silliy.

BARRY: Another thing that I find ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS, is this notion that , and SOME of us have that Quinn is going to beat out Matt Cassel. I find it it shocking, and an absolute RIOT. Sure, Quinn was brought in to push Cassel, that much is clear. But some of you ACTUALLY think Cassel is not the starter. YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST FOLKS,... Cassel starts OPENING DAY. And Clay will complain, and continue his display of how big of a fan he really is............................

Clay: Manning didn't want to go to KC. This had nothing to do with respect. You're mad at Condon, but should be angry at Pioli for creating an environment Manning didn't want any part of.

Condon can't help it if his client doesn't want to play for the Chiefs. Your anger is misdirected.

As for my cross, nail me up if Pioli ever wins a playoff game in KC. Right now I feel pretty safe, because Manning is going to take dinosaur-sized dumps on Matt Cassel this year.

Clay: Of course Cassel is the starter. Quinn sucks. They'd never bring in someone who had a shot of beating him.

BARRY: I am not angry at Pioli, because Pioli doesn't make stupid business decisions. Manning will do NO SUCH THING, and you clearly will never see my point. This has nothing to do with Manning. Condon, and his people treated Scott Pioli with minimal to zero respect. We were first to the race, and put on hold for Denver. This goes MUCH deeper Clay, and you dont shit. You really dont have a fucking clue what really happened.

Clay: Please tell me, then. You need to explain your opinion, because just saying this stuff doesn't make sense without an explanation.

BARRY: I did explain it.

BARRY: READ.

Clay: I don't see an explanation anywhere. How did Condon insult Pioli. Manning was never interested in Kansas City. Condon was just doing what his client wanted.

BARRY: Tom Condon and Scott Pioli have a professional relationship at best. This is public knowledge. Remember at the beginning of this stupid nonsense? When I said I didn;t think Pioli could pull a deal like this off? That he might not have "the moxy"? Exactly- Pioli never had a chance with Condon, or his people. They had an agenda. They followed it. Manning is guilty, and Condon is guilty. END of STORY.

BARRY: I dont even know why I am wasting my time explaining myself anyway. You are going to continue talking shit about him anyway. What's the point.

Clay: I still don't see an explanation, Barry. What did Condon do?

BARRY: Nevermind dude.

Clay: No, don't just disappear. I want to know what happened. Apparently you have insider knowledge?

BARRY: We all know what happened. SOME of us just choose to interpret it properly.

Clay: So you don't know anymore than the rest of us. You just want to blame Tom Condon for Peyton Manning not wanting to play for the Chiefs.

BARRY: Scott Pioli - WINNER. And when we win that PLAYOFF game this year? With Matt Cassel? I will be here. READY to pounce............

BARRY:I will never apologize for choosing NOT TO TALK SHiT about my players. NEVER. You fucking hear me?

Clay: You talked shit about LJ.

BARRY: I choose not to talk shit about my team. PLAIN AND SIMPLE. Some of us JUST fucking DONT DO IT. YOU however, just cant stop talking shit about the CHIEFS..... You cant, you wont, and you will continue.... And LJ deserved what I said, and we all fucking know it.

Clay: Now you know how I feel about Cassel. He deserves this for being paid like a Pro Bowler, and playing like a chump and wasting the careers of good players.

Clay: This came down to money, Barry. From a reliable source:

Apparently, teams were pre-qualified by Manning prior to any visits. When Condon was contacted by the 12 teams, he told them that the contract Manning was starting at was 5 for 90 and going from there.

*CRICKETS*

DaFace
03-20-2012, 09:56 AM

Well, kind of. They're all close to that, but $18m will make Manning (again) the highest paid QB in the NFL, though part of that is just salary cap manipulation.

DaKCMan AP
03-20-2012, 09:57 AM
Who is BARRY and WHY does he NEED to capitalize so MANY words while typing out STUPID thoughts?

chiefforlife
03-20-2012, 09:57 AM
No doubt money was a factor but I believe if it was ALL about money he would have been a Titan. I believe they would have beat any offer if given the chance.
If it was ALL about winning, he would have been a 49er. No need to explain this one.

I think he felt Denver was a good fit, a mix of money and a very good chance to win given the division.

I think he made a bad choice, now lets GET "EM!! GO CHIEFS!!!

Guru
03-20-2012, 09:58 AM

It doesn't. All he said is that they wanted to talk to him. Now they get to say they tried.

rockymtnchief
That is the price you pay for greatness...

At age 26, yes. At age 36, no.

I can tell you from experience, that once you hit age 35 in contact sports, injuries go from singular to plural pretty fast and the healing time is much longer.

A 3 year contract would've been pretty generous coming off a neck injury.

Count Zarth
LMAO

ChiefsandO'sfan
03-20-2012, 09:59 AM
Jay Glazer‏@JayGlazerReply
Retweet

Favorite
· Open

RT @adbrandt: Peyton will make $18M in 2012 without injury protection to Bronc. Passing Mar 2013 physical will activate $40M gtee w/a waiver

DaKCMan AP
03-20-2012, 09:59 AM
No doubt money was a factor but I believe if it was ALL about money he would have been a Titan. I believe they would have beat any offer if given the chance.
If it was ALL about winning, he would have been a 49er. No need to explain this one.

I think he felt Denver was a good fit, a mix of money and a very good chance to win given the division.

I think he made a bad choice, now lets GET "EM!! GO CHIEFS!!!

I disagree. The Titans have better pieces in place than Denver.

DaKCMan AP
03-20-2012, 10:00 AM
Retweet

Favorite
· Open

RT @adbrandt: Peyton will make $18M in 2012 without injury protection to Bronc. Passing Mar 2013 physical will activate $40M gtee w/a waiver

Holy crap! :eek:

GoHuge
A friend of mine and a really good friend of Peyton's that plays for the Colts said two days after his release that there was "no way Peyton would ever come here." Not any info that sheds more light on the topic, but I took him at his word and wrote the the deal off right then. Peyton showed no interest in coming here by all accounts. Don't know that we'll ever really know why.

listopencil
He did what 98% of every player does. Follow a big pay check ... However, there were quite a few teams willing to pay the opening 90 MIL bid.

So Denver had to have something else besides money that was attracting.

There were a few things mentioned, all rumor at this point:

1) Him and Elway hit it off. Manning liked the idea of having a guy he could relate to in the Front Office.

2) Fox is not a big ego kind of Head Coach. He will absolutely do whatever he thinks he needs to do to make the team work. Like build an option Offense to make use of Tebow. Whatever it takes to get wins. Fox recognizes what made Manning successful in Indy and will do the same thing in Denver.

3) Xanders is extremely low key. As a GM he is more of a scout/cap/trade kind of guy. A numbers guy. He is passionate but shies away from the limelight.

4) Bowlen has stepped away from this team. Health issues and age have taken their toll on him and he really isn't up to being involved on a day to day basis.

5) Joe Ellis has been the shadow master of the Broncos for decades. His hand is in everything, he's the most powerful Bronco executive that no one has heard of.

So anyone in the organization that he would perceive as his boss appreciates his talent and will give him a free hand to do what he wants to do. They are all competent and low key. They will let Manning be The Man. Of course this isn't The Reason he signed, but it might have something to do with why he picked them among teams that would pay the check.

Hog Farmer
03-20-2012, 10:02 AM
I would have taken Manning for the next 5 years. At 41 with a broken neck paralyzed from the waist down he's still better than Cassel.

DaFace
Retweet

Favorite
· Open

Well, the Broncos are certainly "all in" with this. If it works, they'll be brilliant. If it doesn't, we'll have a lot to laugh about around here.

Codered
I disagree. The Titans have better pieces in place than Denver.

I agree with you. Apparently, Peyton Manning didn't. I'd have preferred he wasn't in the AFC West. The Broncos are a much easier team to beat with Tebow running the offense.

OnTheWarpath58
03-20-2012, 10:04 AM
Really?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MKbP6wupgaE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dude makes Kige Ramsey look like a goddamn football savant.

Detoxing
03-20-2012, 10:04 AM
Retweet

Favorite
· Open

Ouch.

And that's why Peyton will never have great teams around him. He's bought into his hype. He thinks he can win it all by himself as long as he can be surrounded by marginal talent.

listopencil
03-20-2012, 10:05 AM
Well, the Broncos are certainly "all in" with this. If it works, they'll be brilliant. If it doesn't, we'll have a lot to laugh about around here.

Yep.

ChiefsandO'sfan
03-20-2012, 10:06 AM
Peyton Manning - QB - Broncos The National Football Post's Andrew Brandt reports Peyton Manning will make $18 million in 2012 "without injury protection."
It's a leap of faith by the Broncos, but essentially means Manning's five-year, $96 million deal includes "only" $18 million in fully guaranteed money. According to Brandt, the Broncos will be protected for injury beyond next season, as Manning must pass a physical in March 2013 to guarantee the next $40 million in his contract.

KCtotheSB
He would have went the SF if he cared about winning a super bowl, and if you say otherwise then you are a idiot.

Compared to San Francisco, Denver is better in every positional area except MAYBE 4th string waterboy............MAYBE! /KnowNo

The Bad Guy
Dude makes Kige Ramsey look like a goddamn football savant.

Don't you knock Kige Ramsey of Youtube Sports fame. I draw the line there. Check out Kige's top spring break spots.

Donger
03-20-2012, 10:10 AM
There were a few things mentioned, all rumor at this point:

1) Him and Elway hit it off. Manning liked the idea of having a guy he could relate to in the Front Office.

2) Fox is not a big ego kind of Head Coach. He will absolutely do whatever he thinks he needs to do to make the team work. Like build an option Offense to make use of Tebow. Whatever it takes to get wins. Fox recognizes what made Manning successful in Indy and will do the same thing in Denver.

3) Xanders is extremely low key. As a GM he is more of a scout/cap/trade kind of guy. A numbers guy. He is passionate but shies away from the limelight.

4) Bowlen has stepped away from this team. Health issues and age have taken their toll on him and he really isn't up to being involved on a day to day basis.

5) Joe Ellis has been the shadow master of the Broncos for decades. His hand is in everything, he's the most powerful Bronco executive that no one has heard of.

So anyone in the organization that he would perceive as his boss appreciates his talent and will give him a free hand to do what he wants to do. They are all competent and low key. They will let Manning be The Man. Of course this isn't The Reason he signed, but it might have something to do with why he picked them among teams that would pay the check.

That sounds eerily like the football equivalent of Mordor.

Count Zarth
03-20-2012, 10:10 AM
That is the price you pay for greatness.

"That is the price of immortality..."

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-m149Pf__g7E/TvzepxLvvjI/AAAAAAAAQhs/RowB0nm5LTI/s1600/indiana_jones_grail_knight.jpg

OnTheWarpath58
03-20-2012, 10:15 AM
Don't you knock Kige Ramsey of Youtube Sports fame. I draw the line there. Check out Kige's top spring break spots.

LMAO

I'm a big fan of "How to shoot a free throw" and "how to throw a football".

listopencil
03-20-2012, 10:15 AM
That sounds eerily like the football equivalent of Mordor.

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Chiefnj2
03-20-2012, 10:17 AM
I'm laughing at all the people who believed Manning's BS that it wasn't about the money and he would sign an incentive laden contract.

Molitoth
03-20-2012, 10:19 AM
As much as I wanted Peyton.... that price is pretty damn steep. It doesn't leave much room for filling other holes.... although the free agent market is pretty dry now anywho. $40 million next season!!! wow

Good luck to the donks, Peyton is going to have some weight on those shoulders.

Donger
03-20-2012, 10:20 AM

Yeah, well, we've got Mattwise Gamgee. So, take that!

listopencil
03-20-2012, 10:22 AM
Yeah, well, we've got Mattwise Gamgee. So, take that!

One does not simply dink and dunk into Mordor.

Codered
03-20-2012, 10:23 AM
The Colts did have a handful of explosive play makers ... However, they were not stacked across the board when Peyton was leading the team.

I get the age and injury concerns. However, he should be able to head to Denver and upgrade a pretty pathetic QB situation there.

Chiefs Pantalones
03-20-2012, 10:25 AM
Yeah when I saw what he signed for this morning the first thing I thought was the reason he didn't come here is because there was no way Clark was gonna pay that much money for any player. I knew it wasn't our talent. The question is will Clark put up the cash for a franchise QB if we ever find one to keep him in KC?

Lzen
03-20-2012, 10:26 AM
I wanted PM in KC but after seeing the price they had to pay for his services, I'm glad we didn't get him. That's just too much risk for a 36 year old who has had neck injuries.

Count Zarth
03-20-2012, 10:28 AM

Time for Manning to fall backwards into Mount Doom.

http://i41.tinypic.com/n487kz.jpg

Iowanian
03-20-2012, 10:29 AM
F Peyton Manning and his Slinky-neck.

I hope his arm falls off in training camp. I want it to literally fall off and have video of him carrying it around in shock like the beach scene in Saving Private Ryan.

listopencil
03-20-2012, 10:30 AM

Wow. I have to admit, nicely done.

J Diddy
03-20-2012, 10:31 AM
A friend of mine and a really good friend of Peyton's that plays for the Colts said two days after his release that there was "no way Peyton would ever come here." Not any info that sheds more light on the topic, but I took him at his word and wrote the the deal off right then. Peyton showed no interest in coming here by all accounts. Don't know that we'll ever really know why.

After 2 games a year where hali gets to beat him like he owes him money, he's going to wish he came here.

Donger
03-20-2012, 10:32 AM

LMAO

Micjones
03-20-2012, 10:33 AM
In light of the new information...
I have no problem with how things played out.

tk13
03-20-2012, 10:34 AM
It probably doesn't hurt that Denver seems most willing to bring in other former Colts with him so they can keep the band together. Manning may very well want more control than he would get in KC or SF. Thats a lot of money to promise someone you hadn't seen throw though.
Posted via Mobile Device

philfree
F Peyton Manning and his Slinky-neck.

I hope his arm falls off in training camp. I want it to literally fall off and have video of him carrying it around in shock like the beach scene in Saving Private Ryan.

Yeah fuck Manning! Fuck the Donks! Fuck'em with Mecca's toilet brush!

Count Zarth
Yeah fuck Manning! Fuck the Donks! Fuck'em with Mecca's toilet brush!

I'm willing to bet Mecca doesn't use his toilet brush that often.

Dayze
03-20-2012, 10:35 AM

...at least not to clean the toilet.

philfree
03-20-2012, 10:36 AM

Probably uses it for a hair brush.

Count Zarth
Let's be honest, 90 percent of Chiefsplanet members don't pick up a toilet brush all year.

Von Dumbass
Admittedly, QB rating is an imprecise measure. But, with the exception of 2009, Manning's has gone down every year since 2004.

He's on the downside of his career, and loss of velocity from his neck herniation can only accelerate it.

LMAO

Peyton has thrown over 30 TD passes in a season 4 times since then. He only did that once in his career before 2004.

Count Zarth
03-20-2012, 10:37 AM
Probably uses it for a hair brush.

No, his hair always looks nugget free and shiny.

Okie_Apparition
03-20-2012, 10:37 AM
You'd think the car dealer would know the lemon laws only cover new vehicles

BigChiefFan
03-20-2012, 10:38 AM
So Clark lied.

Ultra Peanut
03-20-2012, 10:39 AM
ehn

Sofa King
03-20-2012, 10:39 AM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/n77auNQDiPk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Count Zarth
03-20-2012, 10:42 AM
LMAO

Peyton has thrown over 30 TD passes in a season 4 times since then. He only did that once in his career before 2004.

How is he going to throw 30 TD passes with Orlando Franklin trying to block Tamba Hali?

Are you aware of this?

http://i44.tinypic.com/aetkww.jpg

DaKCMan AP
03-20-2012, 10:42 AM
LMAO

How many TDs did Peyton throw last season?

Ultra Peanut
03-20-2012, 10:44 AM
Like 100.

Codered
03-20-2012, 10:44 AM
How is he going to throw 30 TD passes with Orlando Franklin trying to block Tamba Hali?

Are you aware of this?

Hopefully, it hurts Denver more then it did the Giants!

Count Zarth
03-20-2012, 10:45 AM
Hopefully, it hurts Denver more then it did the Giants!

Peyton is not Eli, Denver's skill positions aren't NY's.

listopencil
03-20-2012, 10:46 AM

Are you aware of this?

Is that from last year?

Count Zarth
03-20-2012, 10:46 AM
Is that from last year?

Yes. Your OL is dogshit.

philfree
03-20-2012, 10:48 AM
Yes. Your OL is dogshit.

They could probably get Richardson on the cheap.

Frazod
03-20-2012, 10:49 AM
Yes. Your OL is dogshit.

The sad part is now they'll be allowed to blatantly hold on every. single. down.

Count Zarth
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh153/OleMissCub17/manning.gif

listopencil
Yes. Your OL is dogshit.

ROFL

So...those stats are from Kyle "I'm a statue" Orton and Tim "I can run through a brick wall" Tebow playing the QB position then. They mean nothing.

BigChiefFan
03-20-2012, 10:50 AM
Yes. Your OL is dogshit.

Just shows Manning as the money-grubber, that he really is. A 36 year old QB coming off of serious injury picking that shit line. This ought to be a fun season.

Codered
03-20-2012, 10:50 AM
The sad part is now they'll be allowed to blatantly hold on every. single. down.

True story. I assume that chart will look a lot different with Peyton under center.

listopencil
03-20-2012, 10:51 AM
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh153/OleMissCub17/manning.gif

Dammit I wanted to rep you for that but can't because of the shopped pic you made. Gotta spread it around.

Detoxing
03-20-2012, 10:51 AM

Are you aware of this?

I'm sure that had a lot more to do with Tebow than the line itself.

Count Zarth
03-20-2012, 10:52 AM
ROFL

So...those stats are from Kyle "I'm a statue" Orton and Tim "I can run through a brick wall" Tebow playing the QB position then. They mean nothing.

You do realize that PFF takes that into account, right? They assign blame to quarterbacks for pressures and sacks.

Orlando Franklin got beat, a lot. Had nothing to do with anyone holding the ball too long.

Groves
03-20-2012, 10:52 AM
Don't you guys have lists of places on this earth where no matter what the $$ is like you'd not go to live and work?

It's kinda like my family's stance on IHOP.

Deberg_1990
03-20-2012, 10:53 AM
Its always about the Coin. Always.

Manning pulled this crap with the Colts too. They gave him big coin before he passed a physical in 2011.

As the football-following world processes the news that Colts quarterback Peyton Manning will miss considerable time after undergoing spinal surgery on Thursday, only one thing is clear.

Peyton Manning will get paid a ton of money, even if he doesn’t take a single snap this year.

Per a league source, that new five-year, $90 million contract was given to Manning without the quarterback having to pass a physical. In other words, he got $20 million to sign, and the Colts didn’t insist on obtaining medical clearance that he can play before giving it to him. (He eventually passed a physical before being cleared to practice last week — before suffering the setback that caused the latest procedure.)

With the Colts choosing to keep Manning on the active roster, he’ll also pocket his $3.4 million base salary for the new season, along with a $3 million roster bonus tied to Manning being on the 53-man roster for any one game in 2011.

The next question, if Manning can’t play in 2011, becomes whether the Colts would pay him a $28 million option bonus, which is due early in the next league year. The Colts can avoid the payment only by cutting or trading Manning, and it would be shocking — actually, beyond shocking — if the team would sever ties with one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time.

So why did the Colts sign Manning to this deal in the first place? Peter King of NBC and Sports Illustrated explained during the debut of NBC SportsTalk that the Colts had no concerns about the most recent surgery at the time it was conducted in May 2011, and that team Vice Chairman Bill Polian said on the day of the prior procedure that it would not impact the contract talks.

If the Colts knew then what they know now, it’s hard not to believe that they would have at most kept Manning under the franchise tag in 2011, waiting until 2012 to sign him to a long-term contract.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/08/manning-got-his-new-deal-without-having-to-pass-a-physical/

listopencil
03-20-2012, 10:55 AM
You do realize that PFF takes that into account, right? They assign blame to quarterbacks for pressures and sacks.

Orlando Franklin got beat, a lot. Had nothing to do with anyone holding the ball too long.

You do realize that when a QB runs and is tackled behind the LOS it counts as a sack, right?

listopencil
03-20-2012, 10:55 AM
Not to mention "hits allowed".

Okie_Apparition
03-20-2012, 10:57 AM
& Polian was fired

Count Zarth
03-20-2012, 10:57 AM
You do realize that when a QB runs and is tackled behind the LOS it counts as a sack, right?

:facepalm:

Doesn't matter. If an OL gets beat, he gets penalized for it. If your OL are getting beat a lot in pass protection, they end up at the bottom of that list. Regardless of who your QB is and how he responds to pressure. That's why the Giants are at the bottom despite Eli being awesome.

listopencil
03-20-2012, 11:01 AM
It's pretty simple really. Orton was pretty good at pre-snap reads and he could get rid of the ball to avoid a sack if he wasn't in motion. But he was a terrible QB on the move. Tebow was exactly the opposite. Both guys had weaknesses that a D could exploit, and Tebow's style actually made stats like these look worse than they really were. So it's an obvious manipulation of statistics to drag out a list like this and blame the O-Line. Sure, they weren't world beaters but they aren't crap either. This is just more faptastic homer bullshit.

Hoover
03-20-2012, 11:01 AM
So Scott and Clark said, well our 4 yr/22 million isn't going to get it done. We're out. I guess we might as well throw that at our glaring hole at RT.

Hoover
03-20-2012, 11:04 AM
I'm also glad we didn't give Manning that kind of money.

I would love to have an incredible QB, but not one at the twilight of his career. In the long run it would have probably hurt us. I get why Denver did it. They had to flush Teabow or become a team that doesn't run a professional offense, which doesn't help land future free agents.

Count Zarth
03-20-2012, 11:05 AM
It's pretty simple really. Orton was pretty good at pre-snap reads and he could get rid of the ball to avoid a sack if he wasn't in motion. But he was a terrible QB on the move. Tebow was exactly the opposite. Both guys had weaknesses that a D could exploit, and Tebow's style actually made stats like these look worse than they really were. So it's an obvious manipulation of statistics to drag out a list like this and blame the O-Line. Sure, they weren't world beaters but they aren't crap either. This is just more faptastic homer bullshit.

No, they are crap.

Orlando Franklin fucking sucks. The dude was a swinging gate. Even the idiots on the Mane realize your OL sucks. We pushed you guys around in Week 17.

This has nothing to do with stats. Guys got beat. Your ENTIRE OL graded in the red for the year.

Frosty
03-20-2012, 11:06 AM
So - Orton made Denver's line look worse but our crappy line only gave up 1 sack the entire time he started for us? :hmmm:

BigChiefFan
03-20-2012, 11:10 AM
They won't have a QB that gets out of the pocket and buys time with his feet now. They now have a 36 year old QB coming off serious injury behind a shit O-line. Hope the money was worth it, you money-grubbing, douche.

listopencil
03-20-2012, 11:13 AM
So - Orton made Denver's line look worse but our crappy line only gave up 1 sack the entire time he started for us? :hmmm:

Did you actually watch Orton play for the Broncos last year? Did you already forget his highlight? Dropping the ball and giving it to the Raiders on MNF with a wide open McGahee jogging across his field of vision, waiting for the easy pass that would have been the go-ahead TD. When the pressure was on, he caved. Sure, in Training Camp he looks awesome. When things are going well he can shred a D. He's a decent QB that can be effective. But he played like crap for us to start the season.

Mr. Plow
03-20-2012, 11:15 AM
Hahahaha....that Barry guy is a dumbfuck.

listopencil
03-20-2012, 11:17 AM
No, they are crap.

Orlando Franklin ****ing sucks. The dude was a swinging gate. Even the idiots on the Mane realize your OL sucks. We pushed you guys around in Week 17.

This has nothing to do with stats. Guys got beat. Your ENTIRE OL graded in the red for the year.

Sure, sure, this has nothing to do with stats. That's why you used them to make this argument. I get it. You hate the idea of Denver getting a great QB. It's one of the few things you have to hang your hat on. Last year you could go find a circle jerk thread on here and make fun of Tebow when you got pissed off about how poorly the Chiefs were doing. Now you're worried that Manning might make a big difference in the Bronco Offense. So you've absolutely got to downplay Denver's skill position players and imagine their O-Line as incompetent enough that Manning can't do his thing. No big deal. Keep fucking that chicken.

Frosty
03-20-2012, 11:17 AM
Did you actually watch Orton play for the Broncos last year? Did you already forget his highlight? Dropping the ball and giving it to the Raiders on MNF with a wide open McGahee jogging across his field of vision, waiting for the easy pass that would have been the go-ahead TD. When the pressure was on, he caved. Sure, in Training Camp he looks awesome. When things are going well he can shred a D. He's a decent QB that can be effective. But he played like crap for us to start the season.

Or maybe he played poorly because of poor O-line play? He made our o-line look serviceable in the three games he started and no one thinks they are world beaters, especially with BRich in there. :shrug:

listopencil
03-20-2012, 11:21 AM
Or maybe he played poorly because of poor O-line play? He made our o-line look serviceable in the three games he started and no one thinks they are world beaters, especially with BRich in there. :shrug:

I would say that, as a rookie, it's reasonable to assume that Franklin improved through the season. And so it's true that his pass pro wasn't as good when Orton was in there as when Tebow was in there. Orton definitely shit the bed though. It was pretty bad.

Count Zarth
03-20-2012, 11:23 AM
Sure, sure, this has nothing to do with stats. That's why you used them to make this argument.

It doesn't. It's about guys flat out getting beat. There's no statistic for that. You'll note your sacks allowed were actually relatively low.

That's because they assigned blame for EIGHT WHOLE SACKS to Tim Tebow alone.

WhiteWhale
03-20-2012, 11:24 AM
So wait... are we done being pissed about Manning now? I can't keep this board straight... so reactionary. I didn't come here for two days just because everyone's vaginas were all sandy about Manning passing on us.

"It's all because Clark is cheap!"

"Pioli!!! Candy wrappers!! HATRED!!"

There were like 20 threads devoted entirely to whining like teenage girls who are mad at daddy.

Are we not pissed now? Was there someone out there who was so stupid they actually thought Manning was gonna come as some kind of bargain with TWELVE teams pursuing him?

Geezus... okay, so we're NOT pissed now that we didn't drop 5 for 90 on a broken neck QB with nerve damage in his throwing arm? I'll guarantee you the Donks give him a flier on the physical too, because he can't pass it (I doubt he ever will). I'm still not convinced he'll ever play again. I'm glad we passed on him. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. We'll see.

The cost and risk of getting Manning should have been known to anyone with any sense. If you were pissed we missed out on him, there's no reason to stop being pissed now unless you had some pie in the sky fantasy about getting Manning here on a budget. That's your own fault for being naive.

vailpass
03-20-2012, 11:25 AM
No way in hell Arizona agreed to a 5 for 90 contract. I question the validity of this source.

Count Zarth
03-20-2012, 11:26 AM
I would say that, as a rookie, it's reasonable to assume that Franklin improved through the season.

He did, actually.

The problem you're going to have now is that Franklin is going to be exposed even more. You aren't gonna be running a high school option offense anymore. Manning is going to want to drop back at least 50 percent of the time, and he's gonna want time to chuck it down the field.

listopencil
03-20-2012, 11:28 AM
He did, actually.

The problem you're going to have now is that Franklin is going to be exposed even more. You aren't gonna be running a high school option offense anymore. Manning is going to want to drop back at least 50 percent of the time, and he's gonna want time to chuck it down the field.

Sure, I hope he does want to chuck it. He's a pretty smart guy though. I think he'll take advantage of the fact that we have two very good run blocking OT's to set that up. He's not Dan Marino.

Pestilence
03-20-2012, 11:29 AM
Sure, I hope he does want to chuck it. He's a pretty smart guy though. I think he'll take advantage of the fact that we have two very good run blocking OT's to set that up. He's not Dan Marino.

He's going to be running HIS offense. Do you really think he's going to want to run the ball that much? And with what at RB? McGahee and Moreno? LMAO

the Talking Can
03-20-2012, 11:29 AM
pmh

or is it

phm

or is it

piitb

mr. tegu
03-20-2012, 11:30 AM
Cool.

Yeah me too. No way Peyton is playing in five years so I hope the Broncos had to make it 90 million guaranteed :D

Okie_Apparition
03-20-2012, 11:30 AM
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii562/Okie_Apparition/9978712-large.jpg

listopencil
03-20-2012, 11:31 AM
He's going to be running HIS offense. Do you really think he's going to want to run the ball that much? And with what at RB? McGahee and Moreno? LMAO

His Offense is bringing multiple plays into the huddle on every down. Pass and run. Then calling what the D gave him. I don't know if you ever noticed this, but he was really good at it.

Count Zarth
03-20-2012, 11:32 AM
He was really good at throwing 600 times a year. Which is what he's gonna do in Denver, because your secondary sucks and you don't stop the run.

Hell, he had 679 attempts in 2010.

listopencil
03-20-2012, 11:34 AM
He was really good at throwing 600 times a year. Which is what he's gonna do in Denver, because your secondary sucks and you don't stop the run.

Hell, he had 679 attempts in 2010.

Cool. A lot of good things tend to happen when he throws the ball.

Count Zarth
we have two very good run blocking OTs

Yeah, they graded out negatively in run blocking, too.

There's a reason why your Donks couldn't run when Orton was in the lineup. Option plays weren't in the playbook.

When Tebow came in your running game picked up. He's gone now. Those shitty run blockers are gonna have to actually block now.

Denver was actually the worst run blocking team in the NFL last season. By 40 full points. Clady was ranked 73rd in run blocking. Franklin was 40th, though, so you should run right.

vailpass
The bitter butthurt is still strong with some of you.
Let it go.

Dayze
03-20-2012, 11:35 AM
The bitter butthurt is still strong with some of you.
Let it go.

NEVER!!!

Valiant
So all of Manning's talk like it's for the love of playing QB, the guy didn't necessarily care about best fit, he cared about who was paying the most initially.

Money would be the only reason you choose denver over SF or Tenn.
Man, I hope he gets his football career ended, not where it will affect him later in life, just enough to end football playing for that vile team.

So how many donk fans turn on teblow?

Count Zarth
Cool. A lot of good things tend to happen when he throws the ball.

Like your OTs getting beat.

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/833873/gyi0062709653.jpg

listopencil
03-20-2012, 11:36 AM

There's a reason why your Donks couldn't run when Orton was in the lineup. Option plays weren't in the playbook.

When Tebow came in your running game picked up. He's gone now. Those shitty run blockers are gonna have to actually block now.

Denver was actually the worst run blocking team in the NFL last season. By 40 full points. Clady was ranked 73rd in run blocking. Franklin was 40th, though, so you should run right.

You should really try watching a football team play. It's fun.

vailpass
03-20-2012, 11:36 AM

"Graded out. 40 full points. 73rd. 40th."
You never-played-the-game dumbshit you don't know a thing except what you read on the intrawebz.

listopencil
03-20-2012, 11:37 AM
Like your OTs getting beat.

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/833873/gyi0062709653.jpg

Yep, because Kyle Orton=Peyton Manning. I can't believe you guys let him walk.

Count Zarth
03-20-2012, 11:37 AM
"Graded out. 40 full points. 73rd. 40th."
You never-played-the-game dumbshit you don't know a thing except what you read on the intrawebz.

I watched our defense completely skullfuck your offensive line Week 17. The grades on PFF only confirm what everyone saw.

Count Zarth
03-20-2012, 11:38 AM
Yep, because Kyle Orton=Peyton Manning. I can't believe you guys let him walk.

FYI, the last time we played Peyton, we knocked his ass around. He averaged 5.5 yards per attempt, had 0 TD passes, and threw 18 incompletions.

http://photos.indystar.com/photos/2010/10/10/420618/inline.jpg

Had it not been for Matt Cassel being a piece of shit, we would have beaten Peyton in his own house.

vailpass
03-20-2012, 11:42 AM
FYI, the last time we played Peyton, we knocked his ass around. He averaged 5.5 yards per attempt, had 0 TD passes, and threw 18 incompletions.

Had it not been for Matt Cassel being a piece of shit, we would have beaten Peyton in his own house.

Matt Cassell.

Keep barking little doggy.

chiefqueen
03-20-2012, 11:49 AM
If I were Manning I would have to go to Denver. This division is the most-dysfunctional in the NFL. One team fired a coach it should have kept and has virtually no draft picks next month, one team kept a coach it should have fired and lost key members of its offense in free agency, the third team is probably stuck playing its ineffective qb after making it known it was looking for an upgrade. While the third team is finally making a splash in free agency, the potency of its offense is in doubt as major cogs in the offense are coming back from ACLs.

I think Peyton thinks that unless one of these organizations "get their act together" winning the division and probably getting a bye won't be a problem. (I kinda think Elway want the Broncos to be like NE where winning the AFCE year-in and year-out is a given because in the most part b/c of the superiority at QB, leaving the team to concentrate during the season on getting the # 1 seed. Getting Manning gives Elway 3-4 years to find the right QB long-term.)

When you take these factors into account plus you wouldn't have to beat your little bro to go to the SB unfortunately, as a Chiefs fan, Denver was the only choice for Manning.

Epic Fail 007
03-20-2012, 11:49 AM
fuck that bobble head asshole

The Bad Guy
03-20-2012, 11:58 AM
No way in hell Arizona agreed to a 5 for 90 contract. I question the validity of this source.

Question it all you want.

Arizona, Miami, San Fran, Tennessee, Denver and Seattle were all teams that were willing to meet his financial demands.

You really think Wisenhut and Manning needed a get to know you session? They visited because they told Condon and Manning they would meet the price.

Pioli said today in a conference call that he did talk to Manning and Condon and didn't meet Peyton's plan. Connect the dots.

vailpass
03-20-2012, 12:00 PM
Question it all you want.

Arizona, Miami, San Fran, Tennessee, Denver and Seattle were all teams that were willing to meet his financial demands.

You really think Wisenhut and Manning needed a get to know you session? They visited because they told Condon and Manning they would meet the price.

Pioli said today in a conference call that he did talk to Manning and Condon and didn't meet Peyton's plan. Connect the dots.

Do you have a link to the source from whom you are quoting this story?

The Bad Guy
03-20-2012, 12:00 PM
Fair enough. Do you have a link to the source from whom you are quoting this story?

I have a guy I trust connected to the Chiefs front office. Gave me pretty solid info most of the time.

listopencil
03-20-2012, 12:01 PM
I watched our defense completely skull**** your offensive line Week 17. The grades on PFF only confirm what everyone saw.

Yep. Because Tim Tebow=Peyton Manning. I can't believe we have had three Peyton Mannings on this team in only two seasons. John Elway truly is Executive Of The Decade.

vailpass
03-20-2012, 12:01 PM
I have a guy I trust connected to the Chiefs front office. Gave me pretty solid info most of the time.

LMAO Thanks scoop, that's all I need to know.

The Bad Guy
03-20-2012, 12:03 PM
LMAO Thanks scoop, that's all I need to know.

Yes, this is clearly the first time I've ever posted something I've been told. It's that far fetched to think someone has connections to a team? Really?

Pasta Giant Meatball
03-20-2012, 12:04 PM
Watching the games, PFF, PHM, all said the same story. Denver's O-line play was shit. Manning will get rid of the ball much quicker however and that'll help.

Brock
03-20-2012, 12:05 PM
ROFL vailpass

vailpass
Yes, this is clearly the first time I've ever posted something I've been told. It's that far fetched to think someone has connections to a team? Really?

No offense intended. Like any news story, once there is a second, creditable source to corroborate then it can be viewed as potentially legitimate.

Forgive me if all I see to this point is a Chiefs fan trying to make himself feel better for being left out of a deal he wanted.

Direckshun

Even Cassel being a piece of shit... we still win if Bowe hangs on to the ball.

And guess what... we're a LOT better now.

vailpass
03-20-2012, 12:06 PM
ROFL vailpass

I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to fuckin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?

The Bad Guy
03-20-2012, 12:08 PM
No offense intended. Like any news story, once there is a second, creditable source to corroborate then it can be viewed as potentially legitimate.

Forgive me if all I see to this point is a Chiefs fan trying to make himself feel better for being left out of a deal he wanted.

Andrew Brant said the same thing today on Twitter. He's connected to tons of people in the league.

I've said before I'd be jumping up and down if the Chiefs got Manning. I have no sour grapes about this at all. It makes sense that Manning visited teams that were willing to meet his compensation demands.

If I'm in demand in a field, and I put my resume out there and people contact me that are offering far less than I want, why would I go visit them?

bowener
03-20-2012, 12:09 PM

Honestly, Reggie White may have been the best FA to ever hit free agency.

Saying Manning is with him coming off a missed season because of severe nerve damage in his spine is a bit of an over statement.

bowener
03-20-2012, 12:10 PM
Why are you bringing up Reggie White and Deion Sanders?

Dammit! I should have read 3 more posts.
(forgot about Deion)

Mile High Mania
03-20-2012, 12:11 PM
Who cares where he ranks among all time FA's...

If healthy, the guy should be at the top of his game and will help improve the Broncos in ways we haven't seen in years. They still have a few pieces to add.

vailpass
03-20-2012, 12:11 PM
Andrew Brant said the same thing today on Twitter. He's connected to tons of people in the league.

I've said before I'd be jumping up and down if the Chiefs got Manning. I have no sour grapes about this at all. It makes sense that Manning visited teams that were willing to meet his compensation demands.

If I'm in demand in a field, and I put my resume out there and people contact me that are offering far less than I want, why would I go visit them?

Fair enough and again, please don't take offense if I wait to hear the story corroborated by a known and creditable news source.

I'm not saying your report isn't true. I'm saying that until a second source confirms that Arizona and the Bidwills were willing to sign a $90 million contract for a QB ONE YEAR after signing a $60 million contract for a QB I will find it very hard to believe.

Brock
03-20-2012, 12:12 PM
I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to fuckin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?

You're acting like a dumbass noob.

vailpass
03-20-2012, 12:12 PM
You're acting like a dumbass noob.

This is what you get for running off Skip.

The Bad Guy
03-20-2012, 12:14 PM
This is what you get for running off Skip.

Ha. Mental instability ran off Skip.

Von Dumbass
03-20-2012, 12:18 PM
Brandt: Assessing Peyton Manning’s deal

The five-year, $96 million contract agreed to today between Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos is truly one that makes sense for both sides. It addresses the magnitude of the player that Manning is while also protecting the team with risk allocation because of Manning’s pre-existing injury. Let’s take a look:

Year One

Manning will make $18 million -- his jersey number -- regardless of injury. Simple.

Years Two and Three: The physical and the waiver

Not so simple. Manning will undergo what is termed a “postseason physical” 10 days before the start of the 2013 League Year, sometime in late February or early March. In the event Manning passes that physical, he will activate a $40 million guarantee, paid out as $20 million salaries in both 2013 and 2014.

The Broncos will have further protection with an injury waiver to Manning’s neck for these two years. In the event Manning suffers an injury that is related to his C-6/C-7 cervical spine fusion “and related pathologies,” the Broncos will be able to reduce the guarantee for the following year. For example, were Manning to suffer an injury in Week 10 of 2013 related to his neck injury, the Broncos would pay the rest of the 2013 salary, but not be on the hook for 2014.

The waiver gives the Broncos protection on one “body part” of Manning; the key body part of the transaction, his surgically repaired neck.

Years Four and Five: Annual physicals and guarantee

Manning is scheduled to make $19 million in both 2015 and 2016. The amount becomes guaranteed when Manning passes his physical prior to the start of each League Year. This is similar to the guarantee above, although on a year-to-year basis rather than the two-year guarantee of 2013-2014.

Of course, the Broncos can release Manning prior to that physical in either year and avoid any future liability.

There you have it: $96 million over five years, with guarantees throughout the contract that are triggered upon the passing of annual physical exams. And it contains a waiver on the pre-existing condition that Manning is arriving with, giving protection to the team.

My initial reaction is that Manning could have leveraged much more money if he wanted to. The Titans and Seahawks probably would have paid more and required less protection. This is a contract where the player saying, “It’s not about the money” truly means that. There are few deals in sports that are by definition good for both sides. This appears to be one.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/55762/brandt-assessing-peyton-manning%E2%80%99s-deal

vailpass
03-20-2012, 12:20 PM
Ha. Mental instability ran off Skip.

Then how come so many of us are still here?
The day Skip's pot farm burned down was one of the funniest days here.

Okie_Apparition
03-20-2012, 12:20 PM
Will it get X fired like it did Polian

Pasta Giant Meatball
03-20-2012, 12:21 PM
This is a contract where the player saying, “It’s not about the money” truly means that. There are few deals in sports that are by definition good for both sides. This appears to be one.

ROFL

Mile High Mania
03-20-2012, 12:22 PM
This is a contract where the player saying, “It’s not about the money” truly means that. There are few deals in sports that are by definition good for both sides. This appears to be one.

ROFL

So, why does it not appear to be mutually beneficial? They have outs and financial protection... if he's healthy, then I doubt they are wasting the money.

vailpass
03-20-2012, 12:24 PM
So, why does it not appear to be mutually beneficial? They have outs and financial protection... if he's healthy, then I doubt they are wasting the money.

Think about it in the context of what web site this is.

Pasta Giant Meatball
03-20-2012, 12:24 PM

I meant to only bold the first sentence. Yes, it was about how much guarenteed money he could get hence signing for an inferior team.

vailpass
03-20-2012, 12:25 PM
I meant to only bold the first sentence. Yes, it was about how much guarenteed money he could get hence signing for an inferior team.

"The Titans and Seahawks probably would have paid more and required less protection."

Pasta Giant Meatball
03-20-2012, 12:26 PM
"The Titans and Seahawks probably would have paid more and required less protection."

Key here.

vailpass
03-20-2012, 12:28 PM
Key here.

All of your statements are mere speculation, are you not allowing the same in retort?

Pasta Giant Meatball
03-20-2012, 12:31 PM
All of your statements are mere speculation, are you not allowing the same in retort?

:hmmm:I will allow that a night of Brokeback Bronco in a stall with Horseface may have been the deciding factor. They do seem a bit "close".

vailpass
03-20-2012, 12:34 PM
:hmmm:I will allow that a night of Brokeback Bronco in a stall with Horseface may have been the deciding factor. They do seem a bit "close".

LMAO

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TEPYyt4Z5qI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fritz88
03-20-2012, 12:36 PM

I was told this from someone yesterday, and then today on Twitter, a great guy to follow, Andrew Brandt commented on it as well. I was leery about what I was told, but this guy confirmed it.

Just thought I'd post this since we had a lot of discussions about why the Chiefs never got a face to face.

How was AZ, with all its cap issues, was going to make it possible? Cut more players besides Levi Brown?

I think more than 90/5 had to do with it, although I wouldn't be surprised if we low balled the shit out of him.

Chocolate Hog
03-20-2012, 12:37 PM
I'm supposed to take this guy seriously?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YfTGK1qVbIw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He looks like a crackhead with hepatitis c.

Pasta Giant Meatball
03-20-2012, 12:39 PM
Someone got crack for Christmas.

OnTheWarpath58
03-20-2012, 12:40 PM
He looks like a crackhead with hepatitis c.

TOM CONDON IS A TRAITOR.

ROFL

vailpass
03-20-2012, 12:43 PM
How was AZ, with all its cap issues, was going to make it possible? Cut more players besides Levi Brown?

I think more than 90/5 had to do with it, although I wouldn't be surprised if we low balled the shit out of him.

Yes. Not only that, but the Bidwills signing a $90 million contract on a QB when they just signed a $60 million contract on a QB 10 months ago seems unlikely.
But you never know, stranger things have happened.
Somewhere.
I guess.
Maybe.

CupidStunt
03-20-2012, 12:47 PM
They're an awful team, but Manning will squeek them into the playoffs. Not a chance he'll outduel Brady with those WRs and those crusty/broken RBs.

Fritz88
03-20-2012, 12:47 PM
Yes. Not only that, but the Bidwills signing a $90 million contract on a QB when they just signed a $60 million contract on a QB 10 months ago seems unlikely.
But you never know, stranger things have happened.
Somewhere.
I guess.
Maybe.

They were going to release Kolb. But still, I am not sure if that would give them enough room to sign brockneck Manning.

Omaha
03-20-2012, 12:52 PM
Just shows Manning as the money-grubber, that he really is.

Really? I'd bet he could have gotten that $$ from any of the teams pursuing him.

Just Passin' By
03-20-2012, 12:53 PM
They're an awful team, but Manning will squeek them into the playoffs. Not a chance he'll outduel Brady with those WRs and those crusty/broken RBs.

Patriots
Steelers
Ravens
Chiefs
Texans

As of right now, those teams should be favored over the Broncos to start the season, assuming injured players are returning at or near 100%, IMO.

vailpass
03-20-2012, 12:54 PM
Patriots
Steelers
Ravens
Chiefs
Texans

As of right now, those teams should be favored over the Broncos to start the season, assuming injured players are returning at or near 100%, IMO.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ueZ6tvqhk8U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Molitoth
03-20-2012, 12:55 PM
Every year a team gets to start over. The donks will go into this season with a lot more confidence and I would put money on Manning making their OL at least 7 spots better on that list clay posted.

Will it be the 2011 Eagles confidence? Lets hope so.

Molitoth
03-20-2012, 12:58 PM
Patriots
Steelers
Ravens
Chiefs
Texans

Keep in mind Pioli is trotting out garbage at the most important position on the field.

The chiefs are a Ferrari with a SMART car engine.

The Bad Guy
03-20-2012, 01:03 PM
With Matt Cassel, no way I'm favoring the Chiefs over the Broncos.

Taco John
03-20-2012, 01:13 PM
Elway is looking like a serious baller as a head NFL executive at this point...

Bowser
03-20-2012, 01:16 PM

LMAO

How about you wait until Peyton gets another ring before you go annointing Elway as anything as an exec?

Molitoth
03-20-2012, 01:16 PM

How about you wait until Peyton gets another ring before you go annointing Elway as anything as an exec?

It was a great move... basically the only way he could've gotten rid of Tebow without pissing off 70% of the donks fanbase.

This move is comparable to the Raiders getting smart enough to dump Purple Drank.

OR

One day when the Chiefs finally give up on Shitface Matt.

vailpass
03-20-2012, 01:18 PM
LMAO

Pioli-Cassell

Elway-Manning

HemiEd
03-20-2012, 01:19 PM
I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to ****in' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?

You are just funny, it must come natural.

HemiEd
03-20-2012, 01:22 PM
Think about it in the context of what web site this is.

18 million, he doesn't have to play a down. Nice.

It is pretty obvious the Manning has some kind of weird thing for horses. He had a horseshoe on his helmet for a long time, now he is going to be a Bronco. It is the only obvious connection.

vailpass
03-20-2012, 01:23 PM
You are just funny, it must come natural.

I can't help how I look Ed.

vailpass
03-20-2012, 01:24 PM
18 million, he doesn't have to play a down. Nice.

If that is the price it took to get Tebow the hell away from my team I'm ok with that. :D

Just Passin' By
03-20-2012, 01:25 PM
Keep in mind Pioli is trotting out garbage at the most important position on the field.

The chiefs are a Ferrari with a SMART car engine.

Ehh.... for all the over-the-top hostility towards Cassel on this board, he's the quarterback who took the team to the playoffs the year before last, and led the team to as many wins as it had compiled in the previous three seasons. If he returns to 2010 form, the Chiefs should win the division.

Bowser
03-20-2012, 01:25 PM
Pioli-Cassell

Elway-Manning

Yeah, and you don't see anyone rah-rahing Pioli here.

Again, let's see Peyton win, or better dominate, while he's in Denver. If you guys go 9-7 or 10-6 and bow out in the first round, all Elway has done is kick out a fan favorite for an older fan favorite that can't win playoff games when the other guy could.

Elway has sold a ton of season tickets with this move, and jersies. But all Denver has won so far is the offseason.

HemiEd
03-20-2012, 01:28 PM
If that is the price it took to get Tebow the hell away from my team I'm ok with that. :D

Whoa, whoa, wait a minute! I thought the kid was special, right? The fans forced Fox to put him in there, now they turn on him?

vailpass
03-20-2012, 01:29 PM
Yeah, and you don't see anyone rah-rahing Pioli here.

Again, let's see Peyton win, or better dominate, while he's in Denver. If you guys go 9-7 or 10-6 and bow out in the first round, all Elway has done is kick out a fan favorite for an older fan favorite that can't win playoff games when the other guy could.

Elway has sold a ton of season tickets with this move, and jersies. But all Denver has won so far is the offseason.

Agreed. Manning hasn't won a damn thing and there is zero gaurantee he will.

only thing I don't quite agree with you here is that what you call "kicking out a fan favorite" I call "getting rid of a wildly popular QB that gave us no shot at winning a championship in the only way possible without causing a mutiny".

vailpass
03-20-2012, 01:32 PM
Whoa, whoa, wait a minute! I thought the kid was special, right? The fans forced Fox to put him in there, now they turn on him?

Yes, the disciples have denied him. Tebow is now buried and will arise again. Probably in Florida.

BigMeatballDave
03-20-2012, 01:33 PM
I actually thought he wanted to win.

Its always about money.

HemiEd
03-20-2012, 01:33 PM
Yes, the disciples have denied him. Tebow is now buried and will arise again. Probably in Florida.

That is the team that should have drafted him to start with, then the Bronco's wouldn't have had that divine intervention last year.

BigMeatballDave
03-20-2012, 01:35 PM
That's just way too much coin for a 36 yr old QB coming off neck surgery.

ChiefsCountry
03-20-2012, 01:35 PM

Damn straight Quinn is going to out duel him. :)
Posted via Mobile Device

mr. tegu
03-20-2012, 01:37 PM
I love the terms of this contract! All we have to do is get him hurt without hitting those specific locations on the neck and the Broncos will be on the hook for all that money. Every season we just take out his arms or legs (in a way that allows him to be healthy after the season and football) and the Broncos will cough up all that money.

Count Zarth
03-20-2012, 01:48 PM

He spread his legs for Peyton Manning, big deal.

Joe Seahawk
03-20-2012, 01:48 PM
http://mynorthwest.com/422/648333/Pete-Carroll-Peyton-Manning-reached-out-to-Seahawks

vailpass
03-20-2012, 01:51 PM
That is the team that should have drafted him to start with, then the Bronco's wouldn't have had that divine intervention last year.

Tim Tebow wants to take his talents back to Florida, according to a close friend of the unconventional quarterback.

Tebow — likely to be jettisoned by the Broncos following the signing of four-time MVP Peyton Manning — apparently prefers his next NFL destination to be the Sunshine State, where he came to fame playing for the University of Florida.

Monica Culpepper, the wife of former NFL and Florida Gators player Brad Culpepper, told 970 WFLA radio in Tampa Tuesday that Tebow was hoping to head back to familiar surroundings.

"Brad and I just had dinner with Tim last week and I don't think this comes as a shock or surprise to him that Manning was actually going to go there," Culpepper said.

"And in all honesty, Tim said, 'I miss home. I miss the South. And hopefully I'll land somewhere in Florida.'"..........

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Tim-Tebow-friend-Monica-Culpepper-says-QB-wants-to-play-in-Florida-032012

Mile High Mania
03-20-2012, 02:45 PM

It's always enjoyable reading your posts at a time like this...

Chiefshrink
03-20-2012, 02:54 PM

You are absolutely correct !

What I posted on 3/12-

Killer my man, I hate to say it but I don't think we were ever in the running as far as Peyton was concerned. But the Chiefs FO had to make the PR attempt to appease the fan base.

Think about it, why would Peyton want to come to an organization ran by a paranoid control freak GM who makes his players feel like they have to walk on eggshells and potentially be 'bugged'? Also, don't underestimate Peyton's ego to a little sensitivity about playing for a head coach "who had his number" the majority of the time. The sports media can stand back and laugh at the Jets and Miami FO fiascos right now but our Chiefs FO is not that far behind IMHO. No way in hell Pioli lets Jeff Saturday or Reggie Wayne be part of the deal or pays Peyton what he wants.

Everyone knows everyone in the NFL and has worked with everyone at some point or another and everyone talks. I assure you as sad as it is to say that the Chiefs were and never have been on Peyton's radar from the get go. Take that to the bank

Living out here in Denver, many don't realize the connections that Peyton has out here and one of those connections is one of his best friends from his college days Todd Helton who he QB'd with at Tennessee and have remained very close since. PM has come out to Denver several times a year with his family for the past 10yrs plus and stayed with Helton's family at Helton's ranch calling Denver and Helton's ranch "home away from home". He loves it out here. Don't underestimate that connection especially from a family perspective. Brandon Stokely who lives here as well is very close to Manning who Peyton wanted to see while he was here during that 30hr visit actually went to a nearby park where Stokely lived and they threw the football around 'incognito'(how that's done I don't know?).

Peyton and Elway are fairly close as well and respect each other immensely thus the kindred spirit of playing the QB pos winning SBs. Don't underestimate that. Also unlike Pioli, Elway told Manning whatever personnel you need to bring in it's a done deal.

With the yr long ongoing friction between Haley and Pioli and Pioli's alleged 'bugging' of Haley along with Pioli's reputation and couple that with Peyton's home away from home connections in Denver the Chiefs weren't even a thought in PM mind

LOCOChief
03-20-2012, 02:58 PM
Let's be honest, 90 percent of Chiefsplanet members don't pick up a toilet brush all year.

90%? PFF? some guy in the UK tell you that shit?

P= potty

BossChief
03-20-2012, 04:11 PM
Pioli faps thinking about beating Manning in the playoffs with Cassel.

Just like he did so many times with Tom Brady.

Taco John
03-20-2012, 04:17 PM

http://i.imgur.com/twFVz.gif

loochy
03-20-2012, 04:18 PM
awesome thread

SNR
03-20-2012, 05:12 PM

I just checked it out.

"No one could grow as a QB with that crappy line we've had since he's been here."

Fucking hilarious how none of these morons question how other teams do it. Detroit's offensive line is far worse than ours and they seem to have a pretty good QB in Matt Stafford. I wonder how they did it?

htismaqe
03-20-2012, 05:13 PM
I *REALLY* wanted Manning on this team.

But sitting in a hotel room in Chicago and seeing "5 years, $95M" as a STARTING POINT on the ESPN scroll last night, the first thing I thought was:

"Hell naw."

Fruit Ninja
03-20-2012, 05:18 PM
I *REALLY* wanted Manning on this team.

But sitting in a hotel room in Chicago and seeing "5 years, $95M" as a STARTING POINT on the ESPN scroll last night, the first thing I thought was:

"Hell naw."

im sure the cap hit is minimal if he gets hurt. Denver isnt going tog et themselves stuck in ditch.

htismaqe
03-20-2012, 05:21 PM
im sure the cap hit is minimal if he gets hurt. Denver isnt going tog et themselves stuck in ditch.

That's still pretty steep.

Three7s
03-20-2012, 05:43 PM
I just checked it out.

"No one could grow as a QB with that crappy line we've had since he's been here."

****ing hilarious how none of these morons question how other teams do it. Detroit's offensive line is far worse than ours and they seem to have a pretty good QB in Matt Stafford. I wonder how they did it?
Don't forget Green Bay. Aaron Rodgers is constantly dodging guys.

Tombstone RJ
03-20-2012, 06:23 PM

:rolleyes:

sour grapes.

Your weak ass front office didn't want to pay Manning $18m a year, but it went a head and paid Cassel $16m a year?

The Broncos essentially stole Manning.

GloryDayz
03-20-2012, 06:39 PM
With all the coin we're saving, we can hire somebody to pickup gum wrappers...

Taco John
03-20-2012, 06:50 PM

Why wouldn't you think Denver is the best fit for Manning. What insight into being the best fit do you have that Manning doesn't?