PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Alex Smith....any interest in KC??

RJWENT
03-20-2012, 09:35 AM
Why does it appear that we have no interest in attempting to pursue Alex Smith? We know he's angry at SF....Miami has too many holes to fill in their line-up and with our returning players and new additions BEFORE the draft are not that far from being a playoff team. We have the cap space....C'mon Chiefs!

L.A. Chieffan
03-20-2012, 09:36 AM
dont need him

Dave Lane
03-20-2012, 09:43 AM
We have his brother Brady Quinn. If he'd come in and compete for a 1 year cheap contract I could see it.

boogblaster
03-20-2012, 09:43 AM
he is the weak-link in SF now ... dont want it .....

Detoxing
03-20-2012, 09:44 AM
Lol? Alex Smith?

WTF is wrong with some of you people? Alex Smith? Are you kidding me?

ALEX SMITH???????

WHAT???

hometeam
Why do people keep wanting to bring in QBs that suck.

When you bring in Suck ass QBs you just prolong the suck.

Let Cassel fail for good and be done with it!

TheGuardian
Because Alex Smith sucks?

JFC people

Dr. Facebook Fever
03-20-2012, 09:45 AM
I wonder if Casey Printers is busy doing anything.

DaKCMan AP
03-20-2012, 09:53 AM

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/15852469.jpg

Deberg_1990
03-20-2012, 09:55 AM
Why does it appear that we have no interest in attempting to pursue Alex Smith? We know he's angry at SF....Miami has too many holes to fill in their line-up and with our returning players and new additions BEFORE the draft are not that far from being a playoff team. We have the cap space....C'mon Chiefs!

Because the Chiefs already have 3 backup QBs.

Thig Lyfe
03-20-2012, 10:02 AM
Alex Smith was the #1 overall pick so it would probably be as close as we get to taking a QB in the first round.

KC Tattoo
03-20-2012, 10:05 AM
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j60/bluinkalchemist/picture1-1.jpg

Radar Chief
03-20-2012, 10:22 AM
Yea no thanks. We’ve already got one of those and his name is Mark Castle.

philfree
03-20-2012, 10:24 AM
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j60/bluinkalchemist/picture1-1.jpg

Dude that's probably a world record limbo. Mediocrity I think not.

T-post Tom
03-20-2012, 10:27 AM

Post Whore! :D

KCChiefsFan88
03-20-2012, 10:29 AM
Funny how there are several dumbshits in this thead who have openly supported the signing of Brady Quinn, yet don't want Alex Smith.

That is quite funny considering Alex Smith is far better than Quinn.

Alex Smith's #'s last year: 61.3% completion %, 90.7 QB rating, 17 TDs and 5 INTs. Those #'s are better than anything Brady Quinn has accomplished during his 5 year NFL career.

Alex Smith isn't the greatest QB in the world, but would be provide legit competition to Cassel (unlike Brady Quinn)? Yes

SNR
03-20-2012, 10:32 AM
Funny how there are several dumbshits in this thead who have openly supported the signing of Brady Quinn, yet don't want Alex Smith.

Alex Smith's #'s last year: 61.3% completion %, 90.7 QB rating, 17 TDs and 5 INTs. Those #'s are better than anything Brady Quinn has accomplished during his 5 year NFL career.

Alex Smith isn't the greatest QB in the world, but would be provide legit competition to Cassel (unlike Brady Quinn)? YesMatt Cassel 2010 27/7 93.0 QB Rating.

MIAdragon
03-20-2012, 10:34 AM

Alex Smith isn't the greatest QB in the world, but would be provide legit competition to Cassel (unlike Brady Quinn)? Yes

I doubt Smith will take the money Quinn did. Id much rather use that extra money on someone who actually has a chance to make an impact on the team not just hold a clipboard.

MIAdragon
03-20-2012, 10:35 AM
Matt Cassel 2010 27/7 93.0 QB Rating.

5 yards at at time, like a boss.

Fat Elvis
03-20-2012, 10:45 AM

Quinn cost $1.5M; if you get Smith in here for that type of money, then sign that guy up.

Why does anyone really want competition for Cassel? Seriously. I want a QB to come in here that will absolutely blow Cassel out of the water. I don't want there to be any competition. I want it to be a no brainer. If you compete on the same level as Cassel, then we shouldn't be throwing anything (much) above vet minimum in your direction. Smith is going to ask for a lot more than that.

RJWENT
03-20-2012, 10:53 AM
Sorry guys, didn't mean to be a post whore or a dumbass. I thought that Alex Smith was alot better than our current QBs but clearly that isn't the impression from posters on this board. I'll move on.

Thig Lyfe
03-20-2012, 10:56 AM
Sorry guys, didn't mean to be a post whore or a dumbass. I thought that Alex Smith was alot better than our current QBs but clearly that isn't the impression from posters on this board. I'll move on.

GO BACK TO WHERE YA CAME FROM

SNR
03-20-2012, 10:59 AM
Sorry guys, didn't mean to be a post whore or a dumbass. I thought that Alex Smith was alot better than our current QBs but clearly that isn't the impression from posters on this board. I'll move on.If we could swap Cassel for Alex Smith we should absolutely take that deal.

The chances of that happening, however, lie somewhere between 0 and never going to fucking happen.

King_Chief_Fan
03-20-2012, 11:01 AM

are you serious.....Cassel, Quinn, Stanzi......you know they aren't taking Cassel out.....they just signed Quinn and they are still trying to figure what they have with Stanzi.....They won't have 4 QB's o this team.

Okie_Apparition
03-20-2012, 11:03 AM
When you bring in QBs that suck
you end up reenacting Platoon movie scenes with Charlie Sheen

Pasta Giant Meatball
03-20-2012, 12:09 PM
:facepalm:

InChiefsHell
03-20-2012, 12:19 PM

He's playing in the IFL with Terrell Owens...amazingly hes the BACKUP qb...

On February 3, 2012, Printers signed with the Allen Wranglers of the Indoor Football League.[24]. Printers made his debut with the Wranglers on February 25, 2012 against the Wichita Wild as backup to Bryan Randall and had a rushing touchdown.

KCChiefsFan88
03-20-2012, 12:37 PM
Quinn cost $1.5M; if you get Smith in here for that type of money, then sign that guy up.

Why does anyone really want competition for Cassel? Seriously. I want a QB to come in here that will absolutely blow Cassel out of the water. I don't want there to be any competition. I want it to be a no brainer. If you compete on the same level as Cassel, then we shouldn't be throwing anything (much) above vet minimum in your direction. Smith is going to ask for a lot more than that.

Yes, I would like that also but who is out there now who the Chiefs could realistically get?

Alex Smith is the best option out there at this point to prevent Cassel from being under center in 2012.

Frankie
03-20-2012, 02:05 PM
Lol? Alex Smith?

WTF is wrong with some of you people? Alex Smith? Are you kidding me?

ALEX SMITH???????

WHAT???Forgive the n00b. He knows not what he says.

Alex Smith was the #1 overall pick so it would probably be as close as we get to taking a QB in the first round.Hey I hear Jamarcus Russel is available.

Yes, I would like that also but who is out there now who the Chiefs could realistically get? No one. But just because of that we should not jump on any QB out there. It's obvious they are injecting more talent and depth into the O to help out Cassel. Why polute the QB pool with more Cassels? If Cassel fails to deliver this year he will be replaced. Hopefully with Stanzi.

Nightfyre
03-20-2012, 10:29 PM
Alex smith is back with the Niners. One less QB topic!

KC Tattoo
03-20-2012, 10:31 PM
Mediocre at best. True Fans love machine.

Omaha
03-20-2012, 11:23 PM
He would have been an upgrade over Cassel

KC Tattoo
03-20-2012, 11:27 PM

We wouln't be any closer to winning a Super Bowl with another mediocre QB. We need to play draft pick QBs like Stanzi and go to the next draft and the year after that to look for a starting QB. Fuck retread QBs

WV
03-20-2012, 11:28 PM

Egads....no one wants a younger version of Casshole that we'd be stuck with longer!

NJChiefsFan
03-20-2012, 11:29 PM
Exactly. A better 'average' QB doesn't help this team. The goal isn't 'better' than Cassel, its SB. Replacing Matt with another average QB who will get 2 years to prove themselves is even worse.

scott free
03-20-2012, 11:30 PM
Yup... no more knockaround guys, its time to do it right.

Simply Red
03-20-2012, 11:35 PM
HINES WARD!

Omaha
03-20-2012, 11:37 PM
We wouln't be any closer to winning a Super Bowl with another mediocre QB. We need to play draft pick QBs like Stanzi and go to the next draft and the year after that to look for a starting QB. **** retread QBs

I keep asking, but what have you guys seen from Stanzi?

NJChiefsFan
03-20-2012, 11:46 PM

Its more about just seeing what he has this year and drafting a QB next year more so than actually thinking Stanzi is a lock for anything. Cassel isn't going to get better, seeing what Stanzi has atleast leaves potential for something good.

Omaha
03-20-2012, 11:49 PM
Its more about just seeing what he has this year and drafting a QB next year more so than actually thinking Stanzi is a lock for anything. Cassel isn't going to get better, seeing what Stanzi has atleast leaves potential for something good.

I can see that. Whoever wins the job will have a lot of weapons and an improved line.

KC Tattoo
03-21-2012, 01:27 AM

Mostly going on hope what he can do. Plus it's somebody we havn't seen. That is fun to watch when what we have seen isn't more fun than watching a dung beatle work. So we have an opportunity to watch a young developing QB take over and if he gets on page with the team we can watch him grow with the team and make this a winning team. Going on hope but he was a good college QB & had a spark when he got to play albeit very little in preseason last year.

BryanBusby
03-21-2012, 01:30 AM

I guess, but you'd still be fucked at the QB position.

KC Tattoo
03-21-2012, 03:00 AM
Say no to more of retread mediocrity. Come on really Alex Smith did fine for the 9ers but we can do better than him even if we have to wait another year for the draft.

Frankie
03-21-2012, 11:17 AM

We saw him CLEARLY beat out Cassel and Palko last preseason. I know it's not much, but it's a good start. Let's see what else he's got. We won't if he just holds a clip board.