PDA

View Full Version : GBN Report's Mock Draft

Tribal Warfare
03-20-2012, 10:22 AM
2012 3-ROUND PROJECTION March 20th update (http://www.gbnreport.com/2012projection.html)

11)Michael Brockers DT LSU

44 ) Brandon Weeden QB Oklahoma State

75) Alameda Ta'amu NT Washington

Pestilence
03-20-2012, 10:23 AM
Seriously?

Brockers, Weeden and Ta'amu?

SNR
03-20-2012, 10:24 AM
Don't understand the Brockers pick at fucking all.

DJ's left nut
03-20-2012, 10:37 AM
If Pioli is willing to take Tyson Jackson at 3, then Brockers at 11 is absolutely possible.

Though to be fair - I'm ready to move on from Glen Dorsey. I wouldn't mind Brockers later in the round (for instance, where you took him in the mock is fine) as he could actually generate some push from the 5-tech, but taking him at 11 is insanity.

Then again, it will probably work out better than taking Poe would.

SNR
03-20-2012, 10:55 AM
If Pioli is willing to take Tyson Jackson at 3, then Brockers at 11 is absolutely possible.

Though to be fair - I'm ready to move on from Glen Dorsey. I wouldn't mind Brockers later in the round (for instance, where you took him in the mock is fine) as he could actually generate some push from the 5-tech, but taking him at 11 is insanity.

Then again, it will probably work out better than taking Poe would.The other knock on Brockers is he's entering the NFL after his sophomore season. Whichever team takes him is going to have to put in some pretty dedicated, patient, coaching if they want him to reach his potential in this league. Kansas City has Jackson and Dorsey at the two starter spots for at least another season, but if I'm Dorsey and I see an uncuttable player behind me get drafted just because I have only one year left on my deal, that doesn't exactly inspire me to put in everything I've got for this team.

Tribal Warfare
03-20-2012, 11:01 AM
The other knock on Brockers is he's entering the NFL after his sophomore season. Whichever team takes him is going to have to put in some pretty dedicated, patient, coaching if they want him to reach his potential in this league. Kansas City has Jackson and Dorsey at the two starter spots for at least another season, but if I'm Dorsey and I see an uncuttable player behind me get drafted just because I have only one year left on my deal, that doesn't exactly inspire me to put in everything I've got for this team.

Sure it does it just means he'll want a bigger bounty somewhere else thus attempting to have a career year in KC to get paid.

Mr. Laz
03-20-2012, 11:42 AM
If we draft weeden i will be so pissed.

Frosty
03-20-2012, 11:50 AM

This

Poe or Weeden in the draft would dampen my enthusiasm considerably.

whoman69
03-20-2012, 03:22 PM
No way we should take 2 tackles in the draft. Its admitting we will fail and cut one of them. We only carried 2 most of last year. I also don't see Ta'amu holding out until the 3rd. He's my pick in the 2nd, going with either a TE or RB in the 3rd.

aturnis
03-20-2012, 09:58 PM
No way we should take 2 tackles in the draft. Its admitting we will fail and cut one of them. We only carried 2 most of last year. I also don't see Ta'amu holding out until the 3rd. He's my pick in the 2nd, going with either a TE or RB in the 3rd.

Brockers would be a DE for KC...

KCrockaholic
03-21-2012, 12:59 AM
If we take Brockers it's to replace Dorsey after 2012. But I'm fucking sick of 5 techs in the 1st round. Hell no.

Chiefnj2
03-21-2012, 07:52 AM

I'll take Weeden as a starter the next two years over Cassel and Quinn.

Mr. Laz
03-21-2012, 12:27 PM
I'll take Weeden as a starter the next two years over Cassel and Quinn.
He is going to be 29 in his first year of playing in the NFL, so he max upside is a total of 9-ish years? 1 or 2 years of 'learning' even if he is really smart and mature.

So you get like 7 productive years from the guy

makes no sense

Chiefnj2
03-21-2012, 12:45 PM
makes no sense

Nor does playing Cassel or Quinn.

Bump
03-21-2012, 02:04 PM
only if we trade down to #25 or somewhere around there.

But when has a sophmore who entered the draft ever worked out? especially at DT