PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Pioli doesn’t know why Manning spurned Chiefs BY ADAM TEICHER

Mr_Tomahawk
03-20-2012, 12:58 PM
Pioli doesn’t know why Manning spurned Chiefs
BY ADAM TEICHER

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/03/20/3502892/pioli-doesnt-know-why-manning.html#storylink=cpy

Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli said today he wasn’t aware why quarterback Peyton Manning spurned the Chiefs, and Pioli never asked him why.

“When this whole process started, after he was released, he and I were in communication with one another, as I was with his agent,’’ Pioli said on the same day that the division-rival Broncos announced they had signed Manning. “He had a plan, and he let me know that. He didn’t get into the details. He was up front about what he was doing and some of the visits he wanted to take and that we weren’t initially going to be a part of that, and I respected that.

“He had a plan and he executed it. He didn’t explain to me nor did I ask . . . I don’t think it was my place to do that. Those private conversations with a guy like Peyton, I don’t think it’s my place to divulge what he and I talked about or communicated about.’’

Manning wound up meeting with the Broncos, Cardinals, Titans and Dolphins. Other interested teams, including the Chiefs, couldn’t get an audience with him.

“That doesn’t necessarily mean the other teams he wasn’t going to talk to, that there was anything wrong with those places,’’ Pioli said. “He just had favorites and places he wanted to pursue for his reasons. I don’t think it would be fair for me to characterize why those teams and why not other teams. It’s not really my place to do that.’’

Asked why he didn’t press Manning on the issue, Pioli said, “If you spend time and energy and emotion fretting over things you can’t control, that’s time and energy we would have wasted not getting Eric Winston done, not getting Kevin Boss done and not getting the other players done.’’

Pioli said the Chiefs notified starting quarterback Matt Cassel that they would be attempting to contact Manning.

“He was aware of it before, during and after,” Pioli said. “Matt is aware there’s going to be competition. There’s nothing to hide from him. Peyton was available, we were interested and Matt knew about that.’’

Instead of Manning, the Chiefs signed Brady Quinn, who joins Cassel and Ricky Stanzi at quarterback. Quinn said Monday he was told Cassel would be the starting quarterback.

The Chiefs had earlier indicated they would bring in someone to challenge Cassel for the starting spot.

“It’s something we were very clear with Brady about and something that’s abundantly clear to Matt and Ricky: The best players that give us the best chance to win on Sunday are going to be the ones to play,’’ Pioli said. “I think we have three quarterbacks on our roster that certainly have the potential and the ability to be starting quarterbacks in the NFL. So there is competition here. Brady has started and played in the National Football League. Ricky hasn’t done that yet, but I also think Ricky has some upside.’’

The Chiefs claimed Kyle Orton off waivers from Denver late last season, and he ended up starting three games for them. But the Chiefs were unable to re-sign him, and he instead joined the Cowboys as Tony Romo’s backup.

Pioli suggested that Orton’s contract with the Cowboys became too rich for the Chiefs.

“I know it was one heck of a contract he received,’’ Pioli said. “A very, very generous contract.’’

Posted on Tue, Mar. 20, 2012 01:45 PM

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/03/20/3502892/pioli-doesnt-know-why-manning.html#storylink=cpy

ChiefsandO'sfan
03-20-2012, 01:00 PM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PivWY9wn5ps?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PivWY9wn5ps?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

OnTheWarpath58
03-20-2012, 01:00 PM
ROFL @ this organization.

Bowser
03-20-2012, 01:01 PM
I think I'd turn down an offer to come in and "compete" with Matt Cassel for roughly 2.5 mil a year, too, if I were Peyton Manning.

Bowser
03-20-2012, 01:02 PM
Nice. "We didn't get the biggest QB free agent in the history of ever, but we DID spend time energy, and emotion getting Kevin Boss and Peyton Hillis signed! Season tickets are still available!"

Not one red dime of mine this year, Scott.

BoneKrusher
03-20-2012, 01:03 PM

Times Two ROFL

Dayze
03-20-2012, 01:03 PM
Pioli doesn't know why, because he's an arrogant smug butt-hole.

BoneKrusher
03-20-2012, 01:04 PM
I think I'd turn down an offer to come in and "compete" with Matt Cassel for roughly 2.5 mil a year, too, if I were Peyton Manning.

damn straight.

Molitoth
Can someone photoshop Peyton Manning littering Arrowhead with candy wrappers?

The Bad Guy
Pioli is flat lying when he said he doesn't know why.

Flat out lying.

Bowser

http://www.custombilliards.com.au/eShopDirect/images/entry/229_1_L_Crazy-white-ball-2-inch.jpg

Mr. Laz
03-20-2012, 01:05 PM
“It’s something we were very clear with Brady about and something that’s abundantly clear to Matt and Ricky: The best players that give us the best chance to win on Sunday are going to be the ones to play,’’ Pioli said. “I think we have three quarterbacks on our roster that certainly have the potential and the ability to be starting quarterbacks in the NFL. So there is competition here. Brady has started and played in the National Football League. Ricky hasn’t done that yet, but I also think Ricky has some upside.’’

"If you have two starting Quarterback, you don't have one."

Bane
Fuck me!

BigChiefFan
"we weren’t initially going to be a part of that"

Money talks.

I'm glad it worked out this way, though. Maybe we'll get a rookie high draft pick, sooner, rather than later.

Dayze
03-20-2012, 01:06 PM
I'm almost afraid to ask....but what is that?

Mr. Laz
really ... how many times have you talk to Pioli?

Bowser
I'm almost afraid to ask....but what is that?

Cue ball

Cue

Q

Sofa King
03-20-2012, 01:07 PM

lol.

I don't hear many people getting called a butt-hole anymore.

Bowser

Pioli talks (screams) to him about all the fucking trash he leaves in the stairwell.

Dayze
Cue ball

Cue

Q

:doh!:

Dayze
03-20-2012, 01:08 PM
lol.

simple. yet, effective.

Thig Lyfe
lol.

I definitely didn't start a thread in the Streaming Video Test forum calling frazod a butthole, that's for sure.

Marcellus
You guys over react to every single article and bit of info that comes out, it ludicrous. What exactly were you expecting Pioli to say?

Yea it looks bad we got blown off by Manning, no shit. But again, what did you expect to hear? What GM would be answering this differently?

Oh nooooooooossssssss, this is just soooooo baaaaaaaddddddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dayze

I've never spoken to him, so it's an assumption on my part.

L.A. Chieffan
03-20-2012, 01:09 PM
I don't see the problem.

He tried. Brokedick wanted more money.

Thank God

DJ's left nut
03-20-2012, 01:09 PM
If he could just stop using the word 'competition', I would hate him less.

Be honest - "We believe that we have a franchise caliber quarterback in Matt..."

Everyone sees that's honestly what he thinks. He clearly has no interest in anyone actually pushing Matt Cassel because he believes in him.

He's wrong, but that's what he truly believes - why hide it at this point?

All it does is piss me off when he acts like I'm a kindergartner.

Bambi
03-20-2012, 01:10 PM
"process" "plan"

Mr_Tomahawk
03-20-2012, 01:12 PM
Arrowhead Pride ‏ @ArrowheadPride Close
KC Star's @adamteicher says it "wouldn't surprise me" if Chiefs draft QB in first 2 rounds. Flexible to do just about anything.

Sofa King
03-20-2012, 01:13 PM
KC Star's @adamteicher says it "wouldn't surprise me" if Chiefs draft QB in first 2 rounds. Flexible to do just about anything.

OMG WE'RE DRAFTING RGIII1!1!11!!!!!!

Dayze
03-20-2012, 01:13 PM
I don't really care that we didn't get PM, but Pioli claiming he didn't know 'why' Manning didn't include us is BS.

totally wild ass guess on my part, but I just don't see how if you PM and his Agent gave out an intial criteria in asking price/starting point, you wouldn't know 'why'.....unless the Chiefs didn't meet that threshold / well below it.

Chiefnj2
03-20-2012, 01:14 PM
"I think we have three quarterbacks on our roster that certainly have the potential and the ability to be starting quarterbacks in the NFL."

He is satisfied the team has a roster of QBs that have the "potential" and "ability" to be starters. Nothing about the ability to win playoff games or Super Bowls, just be "starters".

Marcellus
03-20-2012, 01:16 PM
I don't really care that we didn't get PM, but Pioli claiming he didn't know 'why' Manning didn't include us is BS.

totally wild ass guess on my part, but I just don't see how if you PM and his Agent gave out an intial criteria in asking price/starting point, you wouldn't know 'why'.....unless the Chiefs didn't meet that threshold / well below it.

Here is a better question for you. Read the article again and tell us where it actually says anywhere in the article that Pioli doesn't know why Manning didn't consider the Chiefs.

DTLB58
03-20-2012, 01:17 PM
I'd say we could start with 5 years $96 mill.

Hunt is not going to pay that for 2 Manning's. And Peyton knew it, if he didn't, his agent sure the hell did. Waste of time.

BoneKrusher
03-20-2012, 01:18 PM
"I think we have three quarterbacks on our roster that certainly have the potential and the ability to be starting quarterbacks in the NFL."

He is satisfied the team has a roster of QBs that have the "potential" and "ability" to be starters. Nothing about the ability to win playoff games or Super Bowls, just be "starters".

so you're saying Pioli thinks Mediocre is good enough?

DTLB58
03-20-2012, 01:19 PM

:shake:

Nice, Why do we continue to torture oursleves then? Because you are right. If they don't care about the QB we just don't have a chance. :mad:

Bowser
03-20-2012, 01:20 PM
Here is a better question for you. Read the article again and tell us where it actually says anywhere in the article that Pioli doesn't know why Manning didn't consider the Chiefs.

“He had a plan and he executed it. He didn’t explain to me nor did I ask . . . I don’t think it was my place to do that. Those private conversations with a guy like Peyton, I don’t think it’s my place to divulge what he and I talked about or communicated about.’’

Sounds like bullshit to me, but I think that will answer your question.

More likely Peyton told Pioli EXACTLY why he didn't want to come here, and Pioli didn't care for it one bit. BUT, he can't flame him in the press over it, or else no free agent would want to come here while Pioli still had on office on premises.

JMO

Dayze
03-20-2012, 01:21 PM

Besides the title of the article?

Count Zarth
03-20-2012, 01:22 PM
Yes he does. He just doesn't want to admit that he's the problem.

NJChiefsFan
03-20-2012, 01:23 PM
http://www.wisteria.com/images/W3839.jpg

Scottt might want to look into getting one of these for his office or home.

Count Zarth
03-20-2012, 01:24 PM
Pioli suggested that Orton’s contract with the Cowboys became too rich for the Chiefs.

“I know it was one heck of a contract he received,’’ Pioli said. “A very, very generous contract.’’

Are you fucking shitting me you arrogant, globular crime lord?

What the fuck did you pay the crossbar-hitting wonder?

God, I hate this bastard more each time he opens his fat maw. Can't wait to see him hung by his own 60 million dollar rope.

Simplicity
03-20-2012, 01:25 PM
Wow... I didn't know Piloi could control where Peyton wanted to play... Since when can another human make one other do something? He wanted to play in Denver... Reason, I don't know. We were not going to get Peyton anyways. So why would we waste time and energy doing something that we knew we were going to lose?
Hop off of the Pioli Bash Wagon... **** off.

Count Zarth
03-20-2012, 01:27 PM

Based on things I've heard today, no way we go quarterback.

Pioli's going to draft someone to help the Chiefs win in 2012.

Simplicity
03-20-2012, 01:27 PM
Peyton Hillis, Kevin Boss, Stanford Routt, Eric Winston >>>>>>>>>>>>> Aged and injured Peyton Manning...

You ****ing choose.

NJChiefsFan
03-20-2012, 01:29 PM
Peyton Hillis, Kevin Boss, Stanford Routt, Eric Winston >>>>>>>>>>>>> Aged and injured Peyton Manning...

You ****ing choose.

We don't know what Manning is going to do yet. If he is healthy Peyton would help KC more than those free agents.

Bowser
03-20-2012, 01:30 PM

You ****ing choose.

Great tickets still available!

okcchief
03-20-2012, 01:31 PM
I wanted Peyton but I really don't think he's worth that contract at this point. I don't care why we didn't get him anymore. Let's move on and put his dick in the dirt!

suds79
03-20-2012, 01:32 PM

You ****ing choose.

Spin, spin, spin.

It's the 90s all over again.

Great running team with D vs the team with the HOF QB.

Don't get me wrong. Scott has done very good this offseason but lets quit being such blind homers and acting like Peyton going to Denver is no big deal. It is.

Fish
03-20-2012, 01:33 PM
Quinn said Monday he was told Cassel would be the starting quarterback.

Fuck you Fat Scott. Fuck you hard........

kcpasco
03-20-2012, 01:33 PM
KC wasn't the only team to get snubbed.

Paul Allen got told to stick it also.

BigCatDaddy
03-20-2012, 01:34 PM
"If you have two starting Quarterback, you don't have one."

Signed - Steve Young & Joe Montana / Brett Favre & Aaron Rogers

Okie_Apparition
03-20-2012, 01:35 PM
Haley wondering outloud if his phone was bugged killed any chance
I hope they wouldn't have paid the price Manning got
They'll have to spend that money anyway, but not there

Bowser
03-20-2012, 01:35 PM
Fuck you Fat Scott. Fuck you hard........

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ufsf_-a_H9Q?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

chiefzilla1501
03-20-2012, 01:37 PM
I'm reaching for good news. The good news for me is that in he past, pioli would never talks like this. Methinks he knows the fans are pissed. And I hope that means he knows fans aren't happy with cassel either. Its not often you see pioli playing defense like this.

Hoover
03-20-2012, 01:37 PM
Wow... I didn't know Piloi could control where Peyton wanted to play... Since when can another human make one other do something? He wanted to play in Denver... Reason, I don't know. We were not going to get Peyton anyways. So why would we waste time and energy doing something that we knew we were going to lose?
THIS

All you can do is make the call.

People act like Manning and his agent went off or something.

Here is how things went down in the minds of CP members.

SP: Hey Peyton, it's Scott Pioli with the Kansas City Chiefs.

PM: Who?

SP: Scott Pioli

PM: Listen up you fat fu@k candy wrapper littering fool, I don't want anything to do with your shit ass KC Chiefs. You know why? Its because you suck Scott. You're a fu@king dickhead, and I don't want any part of it. Would I like to play with Jamal Charles, D Bowe, and that awesome Defense of yours, yeah because I'd win three Super Bowls, but I don't want to do that because it would mean you win too, and I don't want to be part of that.

SP: OK

PM: I'm not done Scott. Listen, I'm going to fly to Denver. Hang out there for a few days. Then go to Arizona. WHY? Because I can. I'm not going to KC because I want to make you look like the a$$hole you really are. Got it? Then Bud Adams is going to offer me a ton of money, and people are going to say, "whoa, I knew it, Manning is going home to Tenn." Yeah, not so fast fu@kers. Then San Fran is going to get into the action, which will create a shit storm for Alex Smith, and then I'm going to sign with the Broncos. WHY? So I can beat your ass twice a year Scott.

PM: You suck Pioli, and now your fans know how much you are hurting their team by still being alive. Just wait until I put Eric Decker on my back and make him a pro bowler. it's going to be just like when Jesus made water into wine.

Have a nice life, Scott. fu@king dumbass.

SP: Hey Peyton, can we keep this just between us? Could I just say that you had a plan, and I didn't really know what the plan was, but we talked?

PM: Eat shit and die Scott.

NJChiefsFan
03-20-2012, 01:38 PM
I'm reaching for good news. The good news for me is that in he past, pioli would never talks like this. Methinks he knows the fans are pissed. And I hope that means he knows fans aren't happy with cassel either. Its not often you see pioli playing defense like this.

I am a little shocked that he even addressed it.

HemiEd
03-20-2012, 01:39 PM

I am coming over to that side. In 8 years, from total homer to just **** them.

Quinn said Monday he was told Cassel would be the starting quarterback.

The Chiefs had earlier indicated they would bring in someone to challenge Cassel for the starting spot.

Lots of my money and time freed up for this coming season. I guess even Romeo has been put in his place by Pioli in regards to Cassel.

Dayze
03-20-2012, 01:39 PM

the point of the article isn't whether or not Pioli could control where Manning wanted to sign.

the point of it was Pioli didn't know "why". Which is BS IMO.

Bump
03-20-2012, 01:42 PM
I've always sort of had that respect but I hate relationship with Peyton Manning, pretty similiar to the way I felt about Elway, only Elway was a Bronco, so naturally I hated him a lot more. But I don't think we've ever beaten Peyton and they've always beat us in the playoffs, so i guess it's back to hating him.

Marcellus
03-20-2012, 01:42 PM
Besides the title of the article?

Pioli wrote the title of the article? Odd.

Dayze
03-20-2012, 01:45 PM
Pioli wrote the title of the article? Odd.

it's just my assumption:shrug:

I assume eating a turd on a popsicle stick is nasty. I don't need someone to specically say "eating a turd on a popsicle is nasty" for me to assume that.

:D

Fish
03-20-2012, 01:45 PM

I think you're ignoring the implications of it all... The Chiefs have a very obvious need at QB, an improving offense otherwise, and a defense on the rise. Most everything regarding the team itself looks pretty good. It should be a prime environment for someone in Peytons situation. The fact that Peyton wouldn't give us the time of day indicates a perception of the team outside of the players on the team themselves. It's strong indication of disfunction at the top. And this isn't the first report that would allude to this. Just more wood for the fire.

kysirsoze
03-20-2012, 01:46 PM
I'm disappointed we didn't get Manning, but that doesn't mean Pioli sucks at wooing free agents. It also doesn't mean he doesn't want someone to replace Cassel. All it means for certain is that Peyton wanted to go somewhere other than KC. Period.

Pioli and co. seem to have gotten their way with every other free agent they've been after this offseason. There could only be one winner in the Manning sweepstakes. Y'all need to calm down a bit. The only real QB option they avoided was Flynn and I'm not too sold on taking another backup that excelled briefly in an elite offense. Especially when his own OC didn't go after him. We have the competition in for QB that was available to us. Hopefully they continue to address it in the draft. (Now that our FA moves have made us flexible enough to do so.)

Pawnmower
03-20-2012, 01:47 PM
Pioli doesn’t know why Manning spurned Chiefs
BY ADAM TEICHER

Pioli never asked him why.

w

t

f

I mean , clearly on the spectrum of Draftmasturbator / Castle Hater being on one side and Ballwasher of Mark Castle being on the other side, I am seen as more towards the Ballwasher end...(Although in reality I'm just in the middle)...HOWEVER.......I mean come on, wtf is this shit...? Even a ballwasher (which I claim that I am not) would have to be in favor for at least being in the running to get manning...and finding out why he wouldn't want to come to KC.

BossChief
03-20-2012, 01:48 PM

Haha 3yrs 10 million.

mr. tegu
03-20-2012, 01:49 PM

I agree. I am sure Pioli knows why Peyton didn't want to consider us and I am sure its because of the money he was looking to get. Honestly I can't blame Pioli at that point because when I heard he was initially looking for 5 years and 90 millions as a starting point I was shocked. I am sure in this article Pioli is just trying to hide the fact that he didn't want to spend that much money, but I think we would all be happier if he just came out and said "as an organization we believe that is too much money and commitment for a quarterback coming off of neck surgeries." Many may have disagreed but at least we would be getting an honest answer that makes sense.

Anyways, so instead of twittling our thumbs and hoping Manning would consider us and proceeding to dumping a WR like Miami did or a tackle like Arizona did to make room for Manning, we moved on and made some good moves in FA instead of purely hoping that Manning would choose us.

Okie_Apparition
03-20-2012, 01:50 PM
I bet GeorgeBlowfish fliped Manning off
& he never forgot it

Rain Man
So in other words, Manning admitted that he was looking for under-the-table money.

Dayze
Succop: "Yeah, Scott. I just sold my Chevy Aveo"

Pioli" "Really? Sweet. What did you get for it"?

Succop: "I pretty much got market value for it"

Pioli: "Wow...that guy was generous"

Dayze
03-20-2012, 01:51 PM
I agree. I am sure Pioli knows why Peyton didn't want to consider us and I am sure its because of the money he was looking to get. Honestly I can't blame Pioli at that point because when I heard he was initially looking for 5 years and 90 millions as a starting point I was shocked. I am sure in this article Pioli is just trying to hide the fact that he didn't want to spend that much money, but I think we would all be happier if he just came out and said "as an organization we believe that is too much money and commitment for a quarterback coming off of neck surgeries." Many may have disagreed but at least we would be getting an honest answer that makes sense.

Anyways, so instead of twittling our thumbs and hoping Manning would consider us and proceeding to dumping a WR like Miami did or a tackle like Arizona did to make room for Manning, we moved on and made some good moves in FA instead of purely hoping that Manning would choose us.

that.

Marcellus
03-20-2012, 01:51 PM
it's just my assumption:shrug:

I assume eating a turd on a popsicle stick is nasty. I don't need someone to specically say "eating a turd on a popsicle is nasty" for me to assume that.

:D

The problem is teh title is misleading in the first place. Pioli never says he doesn't know why, in fact he specifically states he doesn't feel that it is his place to disclose content of private conversations with Manning.

Does that sound like "he doesn't know"?

Sounds like he knows, he just don't want to say it because it's probably $ or he wasn't comfortable with the organizational fit.

As I stated before, ask any of the GM's that were spurned and what would you expect them to say?

You ever get turned down by a hot chick? If you friends asked you why what would you tell them?

Dayze
03-20-2012, 01:52 PM
The problem is teh title is misleading in the first place. Pioli never says he doesn't know why, in fact he specifically states he doesn't feel that it is his place to disclose content of private conversations with Manning.

Does that sound like "he doesn't know"?

Sounds like he knows, he just don't want to say it because it's probably $ or he wasn't comfortable with the organizational fit.

As I stated before, ask any of the GM's that were spurned and what would you expect them to say?

You ever get turned down by a hot chick? If you friends asked you why what would you tell them?

Nope.:harumph:

kc rush
03-20-2012, 01:56 PM
the point of the article isn't whether or not Pioli could control where Manning wanted to sign.

the point of it was Pioli didn't know "why". Which is BS IMO.

Yeah. I'd have a hell of a lot more respect if he came out with a statement like this -

We wouldn't be doing our due diligence if we didn't ask why a free agent the caliber of Peyton Manning was unwilling to discuss a potential future with the Kansas City Chiefs organization. While would have liked to have had further conversations with Manning and his people, we respect his wishes to go another direction.

We aren't at liberty to discuss the reasons, however, we have taken his thoughts into account as we consider free agents now and into the future.

mr. tegu
03-20-2012, 01:58 PM
I think you're ignoring the implications of it all... The Chiefs have a very obvious need at QB, an improving offense otherwise, and a defense on the rise. Most everything regarding the team itself looks pretty good. It should be a prime environment for someone in Peytons situation. The fact that Peyton wouldn't give us the time of day indicates a perception of the team outside of the players on the team themselves. It's strong indication of disfunction at the top. And this isn't the first report that would allude to this. Just more wood for the fire.

The other Manning thread claims that Manning had a money/year amounts in mind. If the prequalified money to get looks at Manning really was 5 years 90 million then it seems reasonable to me that Pioli didn't like that idea (wish he would just say it) and is the reason why we didn't get consideration. Especially when we look at the other FAs we have gotten this season, most noteably Winston for a reasonably good price.

Count Zarth
03-20-2012, 01:58 PM
Holy fuck, I'm still in shock.

This guy is 10x more arrogant than Carl ever was. Carl wasn't arrogant until he had actually built the Mecca of the Midwest. I don't even remember him being a huge dick until....maybe until John Tait.

Pioli walks around like he actually earned that exec. of the decade title.

Fish
03-20-2012, 02:00 PM
Bottom line for me....

Pioli told the public that there would be legit competition for Cassel.

Quinn was told by management that Cassel would be the starting QB.

Despite which you believe, Pioli is telling us one thing, and the team is hearing the opposite.

Pawnmower
03-20-2012, 02:01 PM
I just can't for the life of me figure out why , as the leader of an organization, you wouldn't want to know WHY a player wasn't interested in joining the squad...

Anyone help me think of a reason?

Pasta Giant Meatball
03-20-2012, 02:05 PM
THIS

PM: Listen up you fat fu@k candy wrapper littering fool, I don't want anything to do with your shit ass KC Chiefs. You know why? Its because you suck Scott. You're a fu@king dickhead, and I don't want any part of it. Would I like to play with Jamal Charles, D Bowe, and that awesome Defense of yours, yeah because I'd win three Super Bowls, but I don't want to do that because it would mean you win too, and I don't want to be part of that.

PM: I'm not done Scott. Listen, I'm going to fly to Denver. Hang out there for a few days. Then go to Arizona. WHY? Because I can. I'm not going to KC because I want to make you look like the a$$hole you really are. Got it? Then Bud Adams is going to offer me a ton of money, and people are going to say, "whoa, I knew it, Manning is going home to Tenn." Yeah, not so fast fu@kers. Then San Fran is going to get into the action, which will create a shit storm for Alex Smith, and then I'm going to sign with the Broncos. WHY? So I can beat your ass twice a year Scott.

PM: You suck Pioli, and now your fans know how much you are hurting their team by still being alive. Just wait until I put Eric Decker on my back and make him a pro bowler. it's going to be just like when Jesus made water into wine.

SP: Hey Peyton, can we keep this just between us? Could I just say that you had a plan, and I didn't really know what the plan was, but we talked?

Peyton is Kenny Powers?

Seriously read it in a Kenny Powers voice ROFL

Dayze
03-20-2012, 02:05 PM
I just can't for the life of me figure out why , as the leader of an organization, you wouldn't want to know WHY a player wasn't interested in joining the squad...

Anyone help me think of a reason?

he doesn't give a hoot. He thinks he's smarter than everyone else.

chiefzilla1501
03-20-2012, 02:08 PM
Its one of three things. Peyton and or condon know piolis history of lowballing. Or peyton believes the rumors from arrowhead anxiety. Or the chiefs are lying about serious which should bother all of us because there's no excuse for not at least playing the game.

All those things are scary. Unlike other teams, we have more cap space, we have Avery competitive team. We play in the afc. We play on a weak division. Most teams didn't fit like a glove the way kc did. So no its very tough to lump us on with 28 other teams, half of which already have a an and moat of which either weren't good enough or have zero money to spend.

Pasta Giant Meatball
03-20-2012, 02:09 PM
How many other teams GMs have come out and explained why Manning spurned them?

Marcellus
03-20-2012, 02:10 PM
Holy ****, I'm still in shock.

This guy is 10x more arrogant than Carl ever was. Carl wasn't arrogant until he had actually built the Mecca of the Midwest. I don't even remember him being a huge dick until....maybe until John Tait.

Pioli walks around like he actually earned that exec. of the decade title.

I am not a Pioli fan, I haven't been since middle of last season and think he is the biggest problem we have but what about this story makes him arrogant?

I think you guys color every little tidbit of info to somehow fit your agenda and try to use it as some type of proof you are right in what you think rather than taking it at face value.

And once again, Pioli never says he doesn't know why Manning spurned the Chiefs.

That doesn't mean Manning told him, but he knows one way or another.

Does every FA player owe a visit and explanation to every team interested in him? I don't think so, so I don't see why that applies here.

Dayze
03-20-2012, 02:11 PM

have any had the local paper run an article such as Teichers?

not being incidiary; just curious if there have been similar articles arond the league etc.

Okie_Apparition
The Chiefs doctors checked him out & found he had narrowing of the spine & figured he'd just go on to Baltimore

Pawnmower

Have any come out and said that they have no idea why Manning didn't join the team?

I would think there would at least be some BS reasons thrown out to appease the media...

Pasta Giant Meatball
Its one of three things. Peyton and or condon know piolis history of lowballing. Or peyton believes the rumors from arrowhead anxiety. Or the chiefs are lying about serious which should bother all of us because there's no excuse for not at least playing the game.

All those things are scary. Unlike other teams, we have more cap space, we have Avery competitive team. We play in the afc. We play on a weak division. Most teams didn't fit like a glove the way kc did. So no its very tough to lump us on with 28 other teams, half of which already have a an and moat of which either weren't good enough or have zero money to spend.

....or it's none of those things and he idolizes horseface enough to play for 20 million a year.

Count Zarth
03-20-2012, 02:12 PM
I am not a Pioli fan, I haven't been since middle of last season and think he is the biggest problem we have but what about this story makes him arrogant?.

That last quote is incredibly arrogant.

He's paying Cassel a king's ransom, yet he has the balls to say Orton is overpaid.

Nevermind the balls he's swinging around lying to this fanbase twice in one offseason.

Marcellus
03-20-2012, 02:13 PM

He's paying Cassel a king's ransom, yet he has the balls to say Orton is overpaid.

Nevermind the balls he's swinging around lying to this fanbase twice in one offseason.

Oh, that's what set you off.

Marcellus
03-20-2012, 02:14 PM

What?

Count Zarth
03-20-2012, 02:15 PM
What?

He was intellectually dishonest about the Chiefs having legit competition for Cassel in the past.

Now he's lied about the Chiefs wanting competition for Cassel this year. He claims they brought in Brady fucking Quinn as competition (which is again intellectually dishonest, because Stanzi is probably better already), yet he also said Cassel was the starting quarterback.

He's a double-talking cocksucker.

tk13
03-20-2012, 02:16 PM
Of course Pioli is lying. But this isn't a big deal. Chiefs fans get so worked up over press clippings. I don't get it.

There is no way on earth Pioli should come out and release any statement on anything. The dumbest thing he could do is say he didn't think Manning was worth that contract, or even touch on it at all. That'll just get him on SportsCenter and make sure Manning tries to break it off in his throat next year. I can't believe he agreed to do this interview and admit he talked to him.
Posted via Mobile Device

KCChiefsFan88
03-20-2012, 02:17 PM
Bottom line for me....

Pioli told the public that there would be legit competition for Cassel.

Quinn was told by management that Cassel would be the starting QB.

Despite which you believe, Pioli is telling us one thing, and the team is hearing the opposite.

Regardless of what he was told or not told, Brady Quinn isn't legit competition for a starting NFL QB job.

J Diddy
03-20-2012, 02:18 PM

How many other posters have an altered version of their teams symbol as their avatar and that altered version is made to look like a division rivals quarterback?

Pasta Giant Meatball
03-20-2012, 02:20 PM
How many other posters have an altered version of their teams symbol as their avatar and that altered version is made to look like a division rivals quarterback?

Just one that has been too lazy to change it :D

Count Zarth
03-20-2012, 02:20 PM
Bringing in Brady Quinn and saying he's legit competition for Matt Cassel is kind of like bringing back Justin Medlock to compete with Succop.

Pioli must think this fanbase is composed of mouthbreathers.

We'll see who the idiot is when Arrowhead is half empty in November.

Old Dog
03-20-2012, 02:21 PM
Oddly enough I just got ANOTHER E-mail RE: Season tickets available (the third one since I didn't renew mine).

Here's my response:
As soon as the Chiefs sign a QUALITY QB, I'll renew my season tickets. Until that time comes, I'll not spend another nickel on tickets, parking, jerseys, or any other Chiefs related memorobilia. I don't expect KC to get into a bidding war for any/every free agent available, but it's been a glaring weakenss for this team for years and the front office has again failed to address it by sticking with Mr Piolis' boy. Even the signing of Quinn belies his statement of "brining in competition" at the position as evidenced by the statements Quinn made when he was told that Cassel was the starter.

Again, get back to me when we have a quality player under center.

Thank You

Count Zarth
03-20-2012, 02:23 PM
Oh god. I want to get one of those emails so bad.

I'd write 500 words.

Old Dog
03-20-2012, 02:24 PM
PM me your E-mail address, Hell, I'll forward you this one :)

Count Zarth
03-20-2012, 02:26 PM
Nah, that wouldn't feel right.

I get emails from them about tix from time to time, I'm sure my prince will come.

Count Zarth
03-20-2012, 02:26 PM
I got one in January. I'm sure I'll get another.

whoman69
03-20-2012, 02:27 PM
Based on things I've heard today, no way we go quarterback.

Pioli's going to draft someone to help the Chiefs win in 2012.

Can't believe I side with Goatsee, but Pioli has to back up his decision for hanging onto Cassel despite other teams being out there. The plan all along was Manning or chump. When he realized that Manning laughed at the Chiefs, he had to back up his annointed one.

NJChiefsFan
03-20-2012, 02:32 PM
He was intellectually dishonest about the Chiefs having legit competition for Cassel in the past.

No matter what people say about the current situation and its small chances of working, this is most certainly true. Saying the QB competition in the past was real is a complete joke. Its a slap in the face to be honest.

Oddly enough I just got ANOTHER E-mail RE: Season tickets available (the third one since I didn't renew mine).

Here's my response:
As soon as the Chiefs sign a QUALITY QB, I'll renew my season tickets. Until that time comes, I'll not spend another nickel on tickets, parking, jerseys, or any other Chiefs related memorobilia. I don't expect KC to get into a bidding war for any/every free agent available, but it's been a glaring weakenss for this team for years and the front office has again failed to address it by sticking with Mr Piolis' boy. Even the signing of Quinn belies his statement of "brining in competition" at the position as evidenced by the statements Quinn made when he was told that Cassel was the starter.

Thank You

:clap:

Thats the way to go. A calm, logical response. People can say what they want, you get a crap load of ticket holders saying that and something changes. Empty seats got Carl out the last time.

Groves
03-20-2012, 02:38 PM
He's protecting us from..........other people's view of us.

If Peyton essentially says, "We've done the not-megatown midwest thing already, sorry man," What's Pioli supposed to tell us?

He can't say that KC just doesn't have the appeal that some other towns do (though it's true), or that gosh darn it, those mountains are a real draw for some folks (and they are)

He can't say it. Not publicly. Do you think Pioli vacations in KC? Why not? Exactly.

He can't say that he asked Peyton about why not, because if he admits to asking, then he's going to be immediately asked what Peyton's response was, and then he's back to square one in not wanting to admit the real reason.

So, Pioli eventually goes all "private conversation" on us, and that's basically to get the questions to STOP.

Who knows why couples pick cities to live in. Could be something totally silly. Time to move on (as in move onto the practice field so we can crush him).

GordonGekko
03-20-2012, 02:40 PM
Bringing in Brady Quinn and saying he's legit competition for Matt Cassel is kind of like bringing back Justin Medlock to compete with Succop.

Pioli must think this fanbase is composed of mouthbreathers.

We'll see who the idiot is when Arrowhead is half empty in November.

Cassel sucks,

but I can definitely see this team winning anyway.

Kind of how the Buccs did with BJ.

GordonGekko
03-20-2012, 02:43 PM

Here's my response:

Thank You

What sucks is that this org. is committed to 'mediocrity', to the point where we will always win enough games not to pick in the top 3 picks, where alot of the franchise qb's are drafted. This has been the story for decades. And FA QB's is hit or miss, you have to have the right system. But you can look at Brees and say that the FA route to finding a QB is perfectly legitimate.

NJChiefsFan
03-20-2012, 02:43 PM
Cassel sucks,

Kind of how the Buccs did with BJ.

That was back when defenses were allowed to hit people. Sapp and Lynch not being able to do their thing would have changed that team.

whoman69
03-20-2012, 02:47 PM
Sounds to me like the Chiefs were told they wouldn't be in Manning's plans and left it at that. The 49ers didn't stand pat. They at least made an effort to go out and get him. The Titans were in the chase after not being on the original list either. The Chiefs didn't get Manning because they didn't show an interest. They didn't go out and show Manning they wanted him.

Hoover
03-20-2012, 02:48 PM
and how did that help the 49ers?

Marcellus
03-20-2012, 02:50 PM
Sounds to me like the Chiefs were told they wouldn't be in Manning's plans and left it at that. The 49ers didn't stand pat. They at least made an effort to go out and get him. The Titans were in the chase after not being on the original list either. The Chiefs didn't get Manning because they didn't show an interest. They didn't go out and show Manning they wanted him.

So they wasted their time in other words?

Had KC wasted their time it would have made you feel better. Damn I wish they had done that.

Chiefnj2
03-20-2012, 02:51 PM
Why would Pioli go public on a private conversation?

InChiefsHell
03-20-2012, 02:52 PM

Had KC wasted their time it would have made you feel better. Damn I wish they had done that.

Indeed. Imagine if the Chiefs had made a big splash only to be turned down by Manning. Everyone would be bitching about what punks that made us look like etc.

can't win. PM is a Donk. Move on.

Carlota69
03-20-2012, 02:59 PM
THIS

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Count Zarth
03-20-2012, 03:02 PM
Cassel sucks,

Potential losses:

@Denver
@San Diego
@Oakland
Baltimore
Cincinnati
Atlanta
@Pittsburgh
@New Orleans
@Tampa Bay

We might win two of those.

9-7 ain't getting us to the playoffs.

TEX
03-20-2012, 03:03 PM
Eric Winston said in an interview on SportsRadio 610 in Houston yesterday that Peyton Manning is always in control, and he was curious as to how it would be in Denver.

DumbHillbillies
03-20-2012, 03:04 PM
These guys are a joke...seriously, I'm not upset about the peyton thing sounds like he didn't want to come here short of overpaying. But if your not going to offer orton a competitive contract then your really not serous about competition.

DumbHillbillies
03-20-2012, 03:04 PM
I hope this sh*t ultimately spells the end of pioli

doomy3
03-20-2012, 03:07 PM
Why would Pioli go public on a private conversation?

This. I guess I don't understand the outrage over this.

I don't think I can remember any GM every publicly explaining why a FA who signs with another team didn't sign with them and then disclosing a bunch of details.

DaWolf
03-20-2012, 03:08 PM
These guys are a joke...seriously, I'm not upset about the peyton thing sounds like he didn't want to come here short of overpaying. But if your not going to offer orton a competitive contract then your really not serous about competition.

Orton was replaced by Tebow. His career numbers are worse than Cassel's. When we got him, he had one good game. He threw two picks in the Oakland game and outside of a McCluster run in Denver, couldn't drive us to any more points.

Why would you want to pay that guy 4 times more than Quinn?

InChiefsHell
03-20-2012, 03:15 PM
Orton was replaced by Tebow. His career numbers are worse than Cassel's. When we got him, he had one good game. He threw two picks in the Oakland game and outside of a McCluster run in Denver, couldn't drive us to any more points.

Consider the user name. That is all.

Chiefnj2
03-20-2012, 03:23 PM
Manning didn't want to come to KC, and Pioli probably wasn't willing to pay him 20-40 million without some type of injury protection clause. Get over it. He's a Manning. He's a douche by nature.

BigChiefFan
03-20-2012, 03:24 PM

I agree. Orton was nothing more than a band-aid.

Count Zarth
03-20-2012, 03:28 PM

Offensive YPG W/Orton: 384
W/Cassel: 306

Passing YPG with Orton: 258
W/Cassel: 193.

YPA with Orton: 8.0
W/Cassel: 6.4

Turnovers PG with Orton: 1
W/Cassel: 1.7

Defensive PPG allowed with orton: 11
W/Cassel: 24.2

Orton: 2-1 (against 2 playoff teams)
Cassel: 4-5 (0 wins against playoff teams, beat 3-13 Vikings, 2-14 Colts, Kyle Boller and Miracle Fumble Bullshit)

saphojunkie
03-20-2012, 03:30 PM
Jeez, Peyton might be the first quarterback to get a GM fired without even being on the team.

J Diddy
03-20-2012, 03:32 PM
Got this gem from Teichers chat session today.
http://www.kansascity.com/2012/03/20/3502364/talk-chiefs-with-adam-teicher.html

12:13

Comment From Robert
I am 62 years old next month. I was at Fort Lenardwood when the Chiefs last played in a Super Bowl. What do you think are my chances to see the Chiefs make the Super Bowl again before I die?
12:14

Adam Teicher:
How long are you going to live? If it's only a few years, probably not good. If you'll be around until you're 90, there's a reasonable chance.

Pawnmower
03-20-2012, 03:33 PM
Offensive YPG W/Orton: 384
W/Cassel: 306

Passing YPG with Orton: 258
W/Cassel: 193.

Defensive PPG allowed with orton: 11
W/Cassel: 24.2

Turnovers PG with Orton: 1
W/Cassel: 1.7

Doesn't this mean that Orton had a better run game with less fumbles...and a better defense??

I'm not sure who this is supposed to help?

TEX
03-20-2012, 03:34 PM
Potential losses:

@Denver
@San Diego
@Oakland
Baltimore
Cincinnati
Atlanta
@Pittsburgh
@New Orleans
@Tampa Bay

We might win two of those.

9-7 ain't getting us to the playoffs.

Would have last year...easily
Besides I think KC can win at SD, OAK, TB and beat Cinci and Atlanta at home

Count Zarth
03-20-2012, 03:34 PM
[B]Pioli doesn’t know

http://i40.tinypic.com/2zzm643.jpg

Count Zarth
03-20-2012, 03:36 PM
Would have last year...easily
Besides I think KC can win at SD, OAK

We aren't sweeping anyone in the division. ROFL

Messier
03-20-2012, 03:43 PM

Why not. We almost swept two teams last year. Oakland is worse SD is about the same, we are better. Yes we can sweep a team in this division.

Pawnmower
03-20-2012, 03:52 PM

We will sweep the fade. Have faith.

I think we will be a pretty solid team, better than most people here think. 10-6 or 11-5

Count Zarth
03-20-2012, 03:57 PM
We will sweep the fade. Have faith.

I think we will be a pretty solid team, better than most people here think. 10-6 or 11-5

The Raiders have won 4 of 6 against us under Scooter Peeholey.

Pawnmower
03-20-2012, 03:58 PM
The Raiders have won 4 of 6 against us under Scooter Peeholey.

Therefore the Gods must return the statistical tide...this cannot continue. It is the fade.

qabbaan
03-20-2012, 04:01 PM
It sounds like the Chiefs weren't willing to pay what the market would bear.

I don't believe they were serious about pursuing him. Think of how secretive this team is. If they were in they wouldn't have been telling anyone. It was a PR move so they could blame Manning and not have to say "we are happy with Cassel and our unused cap space."

Pawnmower
03-20-2012, 04:03 PM
It sounds like the Chiefs weren't willing to pay what the market would bear.

Most likely...

I'm sure even if they were willing to pay, they weren't willing to do so without a prohibitive injury clause....

I don't think I would be willing to shell out that much cash without some sort of injury clause, but maybe Denver did?

J Diddy
03-20-2012, 04:06 PM
Most likely...

I'm sure even if they were willing to pay, they weren't willing to do so without a prohibitive injury clause....

I don't think I would be willing to shell out that much cash without some sort of injury clause, but maybe Denver did?

Manning's contract requires him to pass a physical in 2013 to make $20 million guaranteed money next year and in 2014 and pass physicals to earn his salary in 2015 and 2016, a safety clause in case Manning's neck injury limits his ability.

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Peyton+Manning+signs+million+deal+with+Broncos/6330686/story.html#ixzz1phISTcja

Plus as expected they unretired his jersey number.

TEX
03-20-2012, 04:08 PM

Never said we would. Just commented on the games listed.

Count Zarth
03-20-2012, 04:12 PM
I admire your optimism but I've seen things.

The Raiders make Cassel cry tears...in the rain.

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/baldwinoops.gif

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/billies/new/pick.gif

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/billies/new/ass.gif

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/billies/new/casselsux.gif

Count Zarth
03-20-2012, 04:12 PM
Never said we would. Just commented on the games listed.

That's my point. We're going to lose 3 games in the division in all likelihood. So chalk up 3 losses right there against divisional foes.

J Diddy
03-20-2012, 04:14 PM
That's my point. We're going to lose 3 games in the division in all likelihood. So chalk up 3 losses right there against divisional foes.

meh, I'll go 2

Count Zarth
03-20-2012, 04:15 PM
meh, I'll go 2

:facepalm:

Even when we went 10-6, we finished 2-4 in the division.

BossChief
03-20-2012, 04:15 PM

Comment From Robert
I am 62 years old next month. I was at Fort Lenardwood when the Chiefs last played in a Super Bowl. What do you think are my chances to see the Chiefs make the Super Bowl again before I die?
Adam Teicher:
How long are you going to live? If it's only a few years, probably not good. If you'll be around until you're 90, there's a reasonable chance.
Ouch

Count Zarth
03-20-2012, 04:16 PM
Teicher is doing the lawds work.

whoman69
03-20-2012, 04:17 PM

I would hardly call getting Peyton Manning wasting time. Never hear of multi-tasking? With our cap room, we could have gone out and made all the same deals we did and still got Peyton. When Peyton interviewed for the Colts, he told them if they chose Leaf, the Peyton would come back for the next 15 years to beat them. He had confidence in himself. The Chiefs didn't and didn't even get a foot in the door.

loochy
03-20-2012, 04:18 PM
thats neat.

J Diddy
03-20-2012, 04:19 PM
:facepalm:

Even when we went 10-6, we finished 2-4 in the division.

What does past performance of a previous season have to do with anything. I say we split with SD and Den, and sweep oak

Count Zarth
03-20-2012, 04:20 PM
Doesn't this mean that Orton had a better run game with less fumbles...and a better defense??

It means the running game was better because Orton can actually get a safety outta the box, IMO.

Count Zarth
03-20-2012, 04:21 PM

Comment From Robert

Adam Teicher:

ROFL

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/545335_366710136685237_116476271708626_1229398_1959449592_n.jpg

Pawnmower
03-20-2012, 04:23 PM
I admire your optimism but I've seen things.

The Raiders make Cassel cry tears...in the rain.

You've also seen things briefly in the Sun, reflecting off of Weiss's glistening body......a spark of hope that almost ignited into a flame, only to be extinguished by the gush of wind caused by Weiss' rumbling exit.

Well and a ton of injuries....

Perhaps the time can come again when our team is healthy and we can frolic like men...Macho men...not in a gay way...Just frolicking happily together on Chiefs Planet where everyone is flexing down and yelling and screaming because we made another 1st down.

No more tears. No More rain. Perhaps the day will come....

Wait...we are Chiefs fans....nevermind.

Al Bundy
03-20-2012, 04:25 PM
If he could just stop using the word 'competition', I would hate him less.

Be honest - "We believe that we have a franchise caliber quarterback in Matt..."

Everyone sees that's honestly what he thinks. He clearly has no interest in anyone actually pushing Matt Cassel because he believes in him.

He's wrong, but that's what he truly believes - why hide it at this point?

All it does is piss me off when he acts like I'm a kindergartner.

This is 100% on. It is the Casshole effect.

DeezNutz
03-20-2012, 04:26 PM
How much was Orton's contract worth? 3-year deal, but I'm not finding the amount off hand.

Count Zarth
03-20-2012, 04:27 PM
How much was Orton's contract worth? 3-year deal, but I'm not finding the amount off hand.

10.5 mil

DeezNutz
03-20-2012, 04:32 PM
10.5 mil

About half guaranteed, I'm guessing?

And this was the "very generous amount" that we were unable to match in order to secure real "competition"? Seriously, Pioli might be the biggest lying piece of shit to be a part of KC professional sports in a long time.

Shouldn't be too much of a surprise that a man deeply involved in some..."ethical ambiguities" in New England would have a general aversion to truth and transparency.

TEX
03-20-2012, 04:34 PM

And this was the "very generous amount" that we were unable to match in order to secure real "competition"? Seriously, Pioli might be the biggest lying piece of shit to be a part of KC professional sports in a long time.

Shouldn't be too much of a surprise that a man deeply involved in some..."ethical ambiguities" in New England would have a general aversion to truth and transparency.

:clap: Very well said sir!

SNR
03-20-2012, 04:35 PM
What does past performance of a previous season have to do with anything. I say we split with SD and Den, and sweep oakI said the same thing last year.

Eric Winston is a good RT, but I doubt he's good enough to beat the teams in his division that he SHOULD.

It's absolutely inexfuckingscusable that we lose as often as we do to the fucking Raiders. Even Tamba Hali rarely has good games against them. The @Oakland game this past season was a total anomaly compared to how we've ACTUALLY played them since Patriot Way happened.

In order to affect THAT kind of change, it needs to come from the coach and it needs to come from the quarterback. The QB can be vocal and hard working and all that bullshit, but in the end the QB has to lead by DOING on the field against tough division games. That's something I have yet to see Cassel do.

Serious question. Does anybody here recall a time that Cassel had a great game against a division rival? I can't fucking think of a single goddamned one.

Embarrassing. :facepalm:

DeezNutz
03-20-2012, 04:38 PM
I said the same thing last year.

Eric Winston is a good RT, but I doubt he's good enough to beat the teams in his division that he SHOULD.

It's absolutely inex****ingscusable that we lose as often as we do to the ****ing Raiders. Even Tamba Hali rarely has good games against them. The @Oakland game this past season was a total anomaly compared to how we've ACTUALLY played them since Patriot Way happened.

In order to affect THAT kind of change, it needs to come from the coach and it needs to come from the quarterback. The QB can be vocal and hard working and all that bullshit, but in the end the QB has to lead by DOING on the field against tough division games. That's something I have yet to see Cassel do.

Serious question. Does anybody here recall a time that Cassel had a great game against a division rival? I can't ****ing think of a single goddamned one.

He led a "game-winning drive" in OAK didn't he? And about half the board immediately rushed to service him.

The irony, of course, is that he was so fucking bad in the first half that many were calling for him to be benched in the game thread.

Fritz88
03-20-2012, 05:22 PM
Polio is clearly butthurt by Manning ditching him.
Posted via Mobile Device

NJChiefsFan
03-20-2012, 05:27 PM

Thats what people should be pissed about. Him making sure that Cassel doesn't have a serious threat behind him.

Kyle DeLexus
03-20-2012, 05:28 PM
With manning being the enemy now, are there any decent QB's that will be in next years draft that will be available around 15-20?

KCChiefsFan88
03-20-2012, 05:32 PM
Fat Scott and Jeff Ireland are the same person.

Both are clueless to the fact they are hated with a passion.

Jeff Ireland thinks Miami's QB situation is set with the likes of Matt Moore and David Garrard. Fat Scott thinks the Chiefs are fine at QB with Cassel, Quinn and Stanzi.

The rest of the NFL is laughing at these two dumbshits.

DeezNutz
03-20-2012, 05:35 PM
With manning being the enemy now, are there any decent QB's that will be in next years draft that will be available around 15-20?

There might be around four QBs with a first-round grade whom we'll pass on next year. Because, naturally, 2014 looks like a better year.

For shits and grins, though, I just saw that Drafttek projects Tannehill to be selected in the fourth, and this is a recent mock.

I think we'll probably see this guy slide a bit. Not that far, but enough that people (read: dipshits) will be haranguing those who have advocated selecting him at #11 overall. Then, when he has his first bad game as a pro, he'll be proclaimed a bust.

When it comes to QBs, everything associated with KC is a complete fucking joke.

Three7s
03-20-2012, 05:35 PM
I said the same thing last year.

It's absolutely inex****ingscusable that we lose as often as we do to the ****ing Raiders. Even Tamba Hali rarely has good games against them. The @Oakland game this past season was a total anomaly compared to how we've ACTUALLY played them since Patriot Way happened.

Serious question. Does anybody here recall a time that Cassel had a great game against a division rival? I can't ****ing think of a single goddamned one.

Most people pro-Cassel will point to either the @ Broncos in 2010 when he threw for like 450 against the prevent defense or MNF against the Chargers this past year where he "lead" the Chiefs game-winning drive in OT. Seriously......that's it, and even those are REALLY arguable.

SNR
03-20-2012, 05:38 PM
Most people pro-Cassel will point to either the @ Broncos in 2010 when he threw for like 450 against the prevent defense or MNF against the Chargers this past year where he "lead" the Chiefs game-winning drive in OT. Seriously......that's it, and even those are REALLY arguable.It's funny because you see QBs in other divisions having their best games of the year against division opponents. Eli, Vick, Peyton when he was with the Colts, Brees, Brady, Stafford, Rodgers...

When Cassel plays against the division, he puts up his very very best effort to beat 150 yards passing and only 1 INT.

SNR
03-20-2012, 05:40 PM
How about not elite guys? Schaub, Freeman, Flacco, or hey how about Ryan Fitzpatrick even?

htismaqe
03-20-2012, 05:47 PM
It's funny because you see QBs in other divisions having their best games of the year against division opponents. Eli, Vick, Peyton when he was with the Colts, Brees, Brady, Stafford, Rodgers...

When Cassel plays against the division, he puts up his very very best effort to beat 150 yards passing and only 1 INT.

It's because your division opponents know you the best. And you have to gameplan better to throw them off.

Our QB stinks and our coaching stinks and therefore, our efforts against familiar opponents STINK.

RedNeckRaider
03-20-2012, 05:55 PM
What does past performance of a previous season have to do with anything. I say we split with SD and Den, and sweep oak

You will not sweep Oakland~

htismaqe
03-20-2012, 06:03 PM

It's more likely Oakland sweeps us, IMO.

BryanBusby
03-20-2012, 06:05 PM
Fat Scott and Jeff Ireland are the same person.

Both are clueless to the fact they are hated with a passion.

Jeff Ireland thinks Miami's QB situation is set with the likes of Matt Moore and David Garrard. Fat Scott thinks the Chiefs are fine at QB with Cassel, Quinn and Stanzi.

The rest of the NFL is laughing at these two dumbshits.
lol this is dumb as hell

Now that I have made a sandwich let me explain why. Jeff Ireland couldn't seal the deal with a QB worth a fuck because he has terrible people skill. He can evaluate talent, but he can't negotiate with them which is why when they've brought in FA's from the outside that they've had to pay a good amount to secure them. If he had any ability at all, they'd have Matt Flynn.

Pioli just isn't going to take the huge risk and will wait for a favorable position to pull the trigger. Ireland knows Garrard and Matt Moore is a shit barn and Pioli knows Cassel isn't what he wants.

RedNeckRaider
03-20-2012, 06:05 PM
It's more likely Oakland sweeps us, IMO.

Not likely IMO, I would place my money on another split~

Chris Meck
03-20-2012, 06:07 PM
the fact that Oakland has beaten us a lot over the last few years has more to do with the big, physical lines they have had, both offensively and defensively and our corresponding weakness. Wiegmann just gets thrown like a rag doll. Same with the play-off game with Baltimore.

htismaqe
03-20-2012, 06:07 PM
Not likely IMO, I would place my money on another split~

I didn't say I thought it was highly probable - just more likely than the Chiefs sweeping the Raiders.

I see it kinda like this:
70% chance they split
20% chance Raiders sweep
10% chance Chiefs sweep

Dayze
03-20-2012, 06:10 PM
I read somewhere that since cassel started playing for us he's had like two 300+ games. Two lol

Sad.

Marcellus
03-20-2012, 06:20 PM
So people are seriously arguing that Orton is without a doubt a much better QB than Cassel or Quinn and that is the reason he is in Dallas rather than KC? Because he is better and the FO doesn't want a better QB because that is a fear they have, that they could sign a better QB at this point? They fear that?

Yea OK. You guys need to get a ****ing grip on what you are actually arguing. Orton is an obvious pussy who doesn't want to compete for a starting job. He could have gone to Miami, Seattle, Arizona, etc....but he signs with a team he has no shot of starting for. Yea he is the guy you want.

royr17
03-20-2012, 06:23 PM

3 year deal for 10.5 million with a 5 million signing bonus.

SNR
03-20-2012, 06:25 PM
So people are seriously arguing that Orton is without a doubt a much better QB than Cassel or Quinn and that is the reason he is in Dallas rather than KC? Because he is better and the FO doesn't want a better QB because that is a fear they have, that they could sign a better QB at this point? They fear that?

Yea OK. You guys need to get a ****ing grip on what you are actually arguing. Orton is an obvious pussy who doesn't want to compete for a starting job. He could have gone to Miami, Seattle, Arizona, etc....but he signs with a team he has no shot of starting for. Yea he is the guy you want.It's pretty obvious that Orton is a better QB than Cassel. I think Pioli knows it, too. For some reason, though, he doesn't want to cut his beloved and go with the better option.

It's probably not fear of a better QB, but it's something. Stubbornness, stupidity, idiocy... I have no idea. Maybe Cassel has embarrassing pictures of Pioli?

Marcellus
03-20-2012, 06:26 PM
3 year deal for 10.5 million with a 5 million signing bonus.

I agree with Pioli, for a #2 Qb, that's a very generous contract, and he should know.

RedNeckRaider
03-20-2012, 06:26 PM
I didn't say I thought it was highly probable - just more likely than the Chiefs sweeping the Raiders.

I see it kinda like this:
70% chance they split
20% chance Raiders sweep
10% chance Chiefs sweep

Agreed although I would move it to 80% split with the remaining 20% split in half~

Marcellus
03-20-2012, 06:27 PM
It's pretty obvious that Orton is a better QB than Cassel. I think Pioli knows it, too. For some reason, though, he doesn't want to cut his beloved and go with the better option.

It's probably not fear of a better QB, but it's something. Stubbornness, stupidity, idiocy... I have no idea. Maybe Cassel has embarrassing pictures of Pioli?

Or yea, Orton is better but not the answer so why go down that road?

BryanBusby
03-20-2012, 06:27 PM
It's pretty obvious that Orton is a better QB than Cassel. I think Pioli knows it, too. For some reason, though, he doesn't want to cut his beloved and go with the better option.

jfc this place has gone full retard

Pawnmower
03-20-2012, 06:29 PM
I read somewhere that since cassel started playing for us he's had like two 300+ games. Two lol

Sad.

For many of those games didn't we have one of the top rushing attacks?

chiefzilla1501
03-20-2012, 06:31 PM

He's better and he's cheaper beyond 2012. By a mile.

There is no explanation for what pioli did. Zero. It was clearly a loyalty move.

chiefzilla1501
03-20-2012, 06:33 PM

His cheap contract allows you to keep him next year as a backup. You get a cheaper qb. A better qb. And a guy you can easily bench in 2013.

Tell me one good reason why the chiefs should have kept cassel over orton. One.

BryanBusby
03-20-2012, 06:34 PM
Uh, I think Cassel is actually the cheaper QB this year.

Marcellus
03-20-2012, 06:39 PM
His cheap contract allows you to keep him next year as a backup. You get a cheaper qb. A better qb. And a guy you can easily bench in 2013.

Tell me one good reason why the chiefs should have kept cassel over orton. One.

Orton didn't want to be in KC just like Manning. There is no other reason.

The pussy went to Dallas where he has no shot to start. He could have tried Miami, KC, Jacksonville, Seattle, Arizona...

No he goes to Dallas on a 3 year deal to hold a clip board, why do you think that is?

chiefzilla1501
03-20-2012, 06:41 PM
Uh, I think Cassel is actually the cheaper QB this year.

By 650k. Big whoop.

In 2013, he's 7 million cheaper. In 2014, he's 10m cheaper.

chiefzilla1501
03-20-2012, 06:43 PM
Orton didn't want to be in KC just like Manning. There is no other reason.

The pussy went to Dallas where he has no shot to start. He could have tried Miami, KC, Jacksonville, Seattle, Arizona...

No he goes to Dallas on a 3 year deal to hold a clip board, why do you think that is?

He wouldn't have started in any of those places but Miami. I find it very hard to believe the chiefs couldn't have gotten orton if they didn't try. He would have made more money. And he would have started.

Marcellus
03-20-2012, 06:45 PM
He wouldn't have started in any of those places but Miami. I find it very hard to believe the chiefs couldn't have gotten orton if they didn't try. He would have made more money. And he would have started.

No chance to start in Seattle rather than them signing Matt Flynn?

Its buried here somewhere, Orton said he wanted nothing to do with KC.

BryanBusby
03-20-2012, 06:47 PM
By 650k. Big whoop.

In 2013, he's 7 million cheaper. In 2014, he's 10m cheaper.

The problem is the Chiefs were gonna have to pay more for a QB who didn't want to be here from the start and I'd be surprised if Cassel isn't taking a paycut soon.

chiefzilla1501
03-20-2012, 06:49 PM
The problem is the Chiefs were gonna have to pay more for a QB who didn't want to be here from the start and I'd be surprised if Cassel isn't taking a paycut soon.

Why would cassel take a pay cut? He knows the chiefs have no better options.

Next year, if they ask him to take a pay cut, he probably walks.

BryanBusby
03-20-2012, 06:52 PM
Why would cassel take a pay cut? He knows the chiefs have no better options.

Next year, if they ask him to take a pay cut, he probably walks.
Because teams will be lining up to give him what he'd get, even at a reduced salary, from Pioli and a starting role. That's some mighty fine crack you're smoking there.

chop
03-20-2012, 07:03 PM
Sometimes I really consider giving up on the Chiefs. I get tired of them naming the starting QB before the seasons even begun. Contradictions...They will bring in someone to compete with Cassel for the starting spot and then they tell the player they bring in that Cassel is the starter.

L.A. Chieffan
03-20-2012, 07:09 PM
Jfc who gives a shit about orton? Get over it.

Count Zarth
03-20-2012, 07:10 PM
Pioli might be the biggest lying piece of shit to be a part of KC professional sports in a long time.

Sig this, someone.

J Diddy
03-20-2012, 07:18 PM

Is there anybody left on their roster?

chiefzilla1501
03-20-2012, 07:40 PM
Sometimes I really consider giving up on the Chiefs. I get tired of them naming the starting QB before the seasons even begun. Contradictions...They will bring in someone to compete with Cassel for the starting spot and then they tell the player they bring in that Cassel is the starter.

This. The problem is... nobody is gung ho about Orton, but we want him for what he represents. Anyone, like myself, pissed about not getting Orton is pissed because we know what this means for Cassel. The Chiefs surrounded Cassel with a pretty insanely good supporting cast. We're going to see a repeat from 2010. We're going to start winning games. We're going to see our all-world RBs dominate defenses and our QB shit his pants. We're going to see our QB get butt-slapped and congratulated for throwing for 3,000 yards and throwing few INTs because he so impressively beat defenses that were crowding 8-9 guys in the box. Nevermind that any decent QB would look more impressive in Cassel's same exact same situation. And then in the playoffs, we're going to get housed by a good defense.

And then in 2013, the Chiefs will once again convince us that we have our QB. It never felt that way with Orton. Orton always felt like a stopgap. That's what scares the shit out of every one of us.

Count Zarth
03-20-2012, 07:43 PM
Just for kicks, Cassel's avg div game:

2009 http://i40.tinypic.com/pu9dy.jpg

2010 http://i41.tinypic.com/wv5pqx.jpg

2011 http://i40.tinypic.com/34e5hzr.jpg

185 YPG average. LMAO

15 games, 53.1 PCT, 2,778 yards 15 TD, 18 INT LMAO

tk13
03-20-2012, 07:43 PM
I really don't think Orton wanted to be in KC... and it was probably as simple as that. He didn't want to be traded to KC, and as soon as he could get out, he did. He didn't even appear to try and go somewhere a starting job could be available.

dirk digler
03-20-2012, 07:49 PM
I really don't think Orton wanted to be in KC... and it was probably as simple as that. He didn't want to be traded to KC, and as soon as he could get out, he did. He didn't even appear to try and go somewhere a starting job could be available.

yep

Count Zarth
03-20-2012, 07:49 PM
Holy christ, that's a 65.6 QB rating.

What a shitsucking bottom feeder.

KC Tattoo
03-21-2012, 02:23 AM
Pioli knows exactly why Peyton doesn't want to come here. Our cheerleaders are ugly.

Hog Farmer
03-21-2012, 04:06 AM
I sincerely believe Manning didn't want any part of KC because he knew he'd be Cassels backup.

Mile High Mania
03-21-2012, 04:13 AM
I sincerely believe Manning didn't want any part of KC because he knew he'd be Cassels backup.

Or, maybe KC was one of the teams he referred to yesterday as not having football first, ahead of the business.

KC Tattoo
03-21-2012, 04:16 AM
Pioli is and idiot.

Hope Stanzi or Brady Quinn get to start but if they stick with Cassel we are screwed yet another year. I think if he sticks with Cassel and we don't win a playoff game Pioli will get fired by Clark Hunt. If he goes with Stanzi or Brady it will buy him some more time. Pioli should be on the hot seat this year.

J Diddy
03-21-2012, 11:45 AM
This. I guess I don't understand the outrage over this.

I don't think I can remember any GM every publicly explaining why a FA who signs with another team didn't sign with them and then disclosing a bunch of details.

More than likely it was due to the media's reaction to the knee jerking fans that are on this site.

I think that he had too explain to a degree why Peyton wouldn't come here or it leaves open the rampant speculation that was running wild.

Quite simply it's going to put this thing to bed soon.

Marcellus
03-21-2012, 12:33 PM
More than likely it was due to the media's reaction to the knee jerking fans that are on this site.

I think that he had too explain to a degree why Peyton wouldn't come here or it leaves open the rampant speculation that was running wild.

Quite simply it's going to put this thing to bed soon.

Most people outside of CP could care less about an explanation. This place is as extreme as it gets.

Extreme cool and extreme retardedness, usually at the same time.