PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Now the mocks get interesting.

Direckshun
03-20-2012, 11:30 PM
Consider this your late night bullshit thread of the night.

Now that our free agency period is 90% over, the mocks coming out will tell us a lot about where the Chiefs go.

No more tackles or quarterbacks will be mocked to us. So begins the nitty gritty.

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2012.php

1. NT Dontari Poe, Memphis
2. OG Kevin Zeitler, Wisconsin
3. OLB Jonathan Massaquoi, Troy
4. CB Leonard Johnson, Iowa State
5. FS Aaron Henry, Wisconsin

Meh.

Poe's a bust, Johnson is a zone corner, not a man corner, and Massaquoi's a Troy passrusher. I hate Troy's passrushers, a few too many have busted in recent memory, not the least of which being Cameron Sheffield.

I think if I had to function off that mock, I'd go:

1. OG David DeCastro, Stanford
2. CB Jayron Hosley, Virginia Tech
3. NT Josh Chapman, Alabama
4. DE Jared Crick, Nebraska
5. OLB Bruce Irvin, West Virginia

Direckshun
03-20-2012, 11:33 PM
Coming to a January near you.

QB: Cassel, Quinn, Stanzi
RB: Hillis, Charles, McCluster
FB: Bannon

WR: Bowe, Breaston, Baldwin, Copper, McCluster
TE: Moaeki, Boss, Maneri

LT: Albert, Mims
LG: DeCastro, Harris
C: Hudson, Harris
RG: Asamoah, Harris
RT: Winston, Mims

DE: Dorsey, Bailey
NT: Chapman, Gordon, Powe
DE: Jackson, Crick, Gordon

OLB: Hali, Sheffield
ILB: Belcher, Siler
ILB: Johnson, Siler
OLB: Houston, Irvin

CB: Flowers, Routt, Arenas, Hosley, Brown
S: Berry, Lewis, McGraw

KC Tattoo
03-20-2012, 11:35 PM
That Routt CB better fucking do good for us, I'm going be pissed if Carr is replaced with Routt and not do as good.

SNR
03-21-2012, 12:40 AM
1. OG David DeCastro, Stanford
2. CB Jayron Hosley, Virginia Tech
3. NT Josh Chapman, Alabama
4. DE Jared Crick, Nebraska
5. OLB Bruce Irvin, West VirginiaI fucking love what Irvin could bring to our defense. That dude is lightning quick, and already demonstrates a good set of pass rush moves. Grabbing him in the 5th round is a steal.

Count Alex's Wins
03-21-2012, 12:46 AM
direckshun

Y U NO DRAFT LEFT TACKLE

Pawnmower
03-21-2012, 12:47 AM
That Routt CB better ****ing do good for us, I'm going be pissed if Carr is replaced with Routt and not do as good.

I don't think he will be AS good, but he wont be too much of a downgrade IMO...

WV
03-21-2012, 12:49 AM
I fucking love what Irvin could bring to our defense. That dude is lightning quick, and already demonstrates a good set of pass rush moves. Grabbing him in the 5th round is a steal.

Loved watching him at WVU!

morphius
03-21-2012, 12:56 AM
I really wish we were in a position to drop down, because taking a guard that low is just sad.

WV
03-21-2012, 01:12 AM
I really wish we were in a position to drop down, because taking a guard that low is just sad.

I'm not sure I can take waiting all that time to see us draft a G....it won't be pretty.

KC Tattoo
03-21-2012, 01:16 AM
I'm not sure I can take waiting all that time to see us draft a G....it won't be pretty.

I got a sinking feeling that's what we will do. I want to draft BPA regardless of need & upgrade our team that way.

Chocolate Hog
03-21-2012, 01:26 AM
Crick will get picked before the 4th round.

wookiee
03-21-2012, 01:29 AM
Crick would be an awesome pick up...

BigMeatballDave
03-21-2012, 01:35 AM
Crick will get picked before the 4th round.

Is he related to Harold?

beer bacon
03-21-2012, 01:56 AM
BPA. Our needs aren't quite as dire as they were before free agency. The only real need is QB and NT, and I don't think there will be one around at our first pick that won't be a huge reason. So take the highest rated player on our board. Find a pro bowler.

BryanBusby
03-21-2012, 01:59 AM
direckshun

Y U NO DRAFT LEFT TACKLE

u rmom

E: can play LT?

KCrockaholic
03-21-2012, 02:00 AM
Crick would be an awesome pick up...

He's a big name, but little effort. Not that great of a player.

Chocolate Hog
03-21-2012, 02:31 AM

Lolwut

Cornstock
03-21-2012, 04:48 AM
Is he related to Harold?

Not genetically. It would be a Rosy coincidence if he were.

KC Tattoo
03-21-2012, 04:54 AM
[QUOTE=Direckshun;8478344]Coming to a January near you.

DE: Dorsey, Bailey
NT: Chapman, Gordon, Powe
DE: Jackson, Crick, Gordon

I am intrigued to see how well Chapman does & if his ACL holds up would like to get him too. Could be a beast.

spanky 52
03-21-2012, 06:25 AM
Will be very interested to see how far Chapman drops because of the ACL issue. Draft him and let him heal a year on IR and in 2013 you have Powe and Chapman on the nose? Somewhere they'll have to take a swing tackle or do they trust Mims? Schwartz out of Cal might be ideal for that role, if he's there in the 3rd. I get a sense Pioli will take players to help Cassel. It's amazing how stubborn and arrogant that prick is.

InChiefsHell
03-21-2012, 06:53 AM

WTF? You sir, are on crack.

King_Chief_Fan
03-21-2012, 07:00 AM
Will be very interested to see how far Chapman drops because of the ACL issue. Draft him and let him heal a year on IR and in 2013 you have Powe and Chapman on the nose? Somewhere they'll have to take a swing tackle or do they trust Mims? Schwartz out of Cal might be ideal for that role, if he's there in the 3rd. I get a sense Pioli will take players to help Cassel. It's amazing how stubborn and arrogant that prick is.

draft a guy with an ACL issue and let him sit until 2013? You can't be serious

CupidStunt
03-21-2012, 07:11 AM
Anyone that drafts an interior lineman #11 overall isn't worth paying attention to.

Tribal Warfare
03-21-2012, 07:28 AM
IMO, if KC can't trade down the 1st round pick be Dont'a Hightower because of the fit, ability, and possible need that goes into selecting him. Pioli has displayed with Tyson Jackson that in his mind if a certain player is a part of the "right 53" draft position doesn't mean a damn thing.

PhillyChiefFan
03-21-2012, 07:40 AM
IMO, if KC can't trade down the 1st round pick be Dont'a Hightower because of the fit, ability, and possible need that goes into selecting him. Pioli has displayed with Tyson Jackson that in his mind if a certain player is a part of the "right 53" draft position doesn't mean a damn thing.

The Tyson Jackson pick still mystifies me...

It almost cancels out the elation I had when they called Berry's name the following year.

Deberg_1990
03-21-2012, 07:47 AM
BPA. Our needs aren't quite as dire as they were before free agency. The only real need is QB and NT, and I don't think there will be one around at our first pick that won't be a huge reason. So take the highest rated player on our board. Find a pro bowler.

This....although i have a hard time justifing taking a guard in the 1st round based on principle alone......but if he turns out to be a solid 10 year starter, sure i guess.

spanky 52
03-21-2012, 07:59 AM
draft a guy with an ACL issue and let him sit until 2013? You can't be serious

If he's there in the 5th or 6th round, yes I would. No worse than Gabe Miller in the 5th this past year. I think Chapman is going to be good, he's not going to be ready this year due to the injury.

suds79
03-21-2012, 08:02 AM
I generally like my NTs a little beefier so I prefer Alameda Ta'amu from Washington but if they can't get him, I would be okay with Chapman. While 316 is a little light IMO, at least he played the position and at a high level. So he has a lot of experience there.

General consensus seems to be you can get Ta'amu later vs Chapman who will go higher and there's the injury concern. So take your pick.

durtyrute
03-21-2012, 08:05 AM
Who cares where we take a guard. It is a position that can be upgraded.

Dayze
03-21-2012, 08:44 AM

100% agree.

L.A. Chieffan
03-21-2012, 08:45 AM
Poe is NOT a bust. Poe will make people shit themselves in fear.

Dayze
03-21-2012, 08:51 AM
Poe is NOT a bust. Poe will make people shit themselves in fear.

I don't know if I'd consider him a bust, but in the 'highlight' clip of him against Temple, it looked like he got pushed around fairly easily and was slow off the snap.

granted....it's only one game etc, and I haven't seen him play all year, but still. for someone who may be taken that early in the first, I wouldn't expect him to get pushed around like he did against a team like Temple.

BigChiefFan
03-21-2012, 09:04 AM
I find it interesting that so many are against Poe and then mention these other players, as if they are any better-they aren't. They've all got red-flags. I'll continue to beat the Poe drum because he's the best of the bunch.

Ta'amu-continued to come to camp out of shape, weighing in at 390 lbs. at times, disappeared in large chuncks of games. Will continue to be run stopper and very little pass-rush skills look to be his ceiling.

Chapman, stout against the run, but very little pass rush. Also coming off of major surgery.

Fangupo-very little pass rush skill and history of injuries.

Hicks-played at Community College and in Canada. Very raw and will be a project.

Jean-Baptiste-very raw who will be a major project at the next level.

suds79
03-21-2012, 09:17 AM
I find it interesting that so many are against Poe and then mention these other players, as if they are any better-they aren't. They've all got red-flags. I'll continue to beat the Poe drum because he's the best of the bunch.

Ta'amu-continued to come to camp out of shape, weighing in at 390 lbs. at times, disappeared in large chuncks of games. Will continue to be run stopper and very little pass-rush skills look to be his ceiling.

Chapman, stout against the run, but very little pass rush. Also coming off of major surgery.

Fangupo-very little pass rush skill and history of injuries.

Hicks-played at Community College and in Canada. Very raw and will be a project.

Jean-Baptiste-very raw who will be a major project at the next level.

What NT is expected to rush the passer? On 3rd and longs he'd sub out anyways. All I want from my NT is to be impossible to push back and clog the lane.

The difference between all those guys vs Poe is there's a TON of less risk. You're talking mid to late round guys vs a guy you'll have to nab at 11. If they've all got red flags as you said, lets do it with a mid round draft pick. Not #11 in the 1st round.

No matter how you spin it, Poe wasn't a dominate college football player. And that was in conference USA.

Trust me. With his size and strength, I wish he played as good as he tests. Vernon Gholston if you ask me.

Pestilence
03-21-2012, 10:24 AM
I'm going to go off the wall with the 1st pick.

1. Whitney Mercilus, DE/OLB, Illinois
2. Alameda Ta'amu, NT, Washington
3. Brandon Washington, G, Miami
4. Jared Crick, DE/DT, Nebraska
5. Aaron Henry, S, Wisconsin

|Zach|
03-21-2012, 10:34 AM
Misleading thread title.

wookiee
03-23-2012, 01:14 AM

What dude??i thought he was really good.yeah he had his injury but he had already proven himself..

Chiefshrink
03-23-2012, 01:23 AM
I generally like my NTs a little beefier so I prefer Alameda Ta'amu from Washington but if they can't get him, I would be okay with Chapman. While 316 is a little light IMO, at least he played the position and at a high level. So he has a lot of experience there.

General consensus seems to be you can get Ta'amu later vs Chapman who will go higher and there's the injury concern. So take your pick.

:clap: 330 ideal

xztop12
03-23-2012, 02:29 AM
I like Poe as the pick because I like freakish athletic guys on defense. He can also play some football, he just needs good coaching, which we have in Pleasant and Crennel

ILChief
03-23-2012, 06:14 AM
I would rather take ta'amu or chapman in rounds 2 or 3 than Poe in round one. Poe had too many red flags.

ILChief
03-23-2012, 06:26 AM
Check out the drafttek.com mock. I like what they have KC doing

htismaqe
03-23-2012, 08:54 AM
:clap: 330 ideal

There's more important things than sheer size.

Size is the reason so many like Poe, despite the fact that he's not a true NT prospect at all.

KCrockaholic
03-23-2012, 09:05 AM
I exaggerated about Crick not being a high effort guy, but I saw enough of him in 2010. K-State completely owned him. He was a product of Suh in that defense while he was healthy. Once 2011 began he was completely trashed without Suh by his side. His technique is awful, but I'll give him this: If he is drafted to a team as a 5-tech, he could be a decent player. Anything else and he will fail. If he's drafted as a DT, he won't last more than 3 years.

There's a reason he's probably going in the 4th round. And it doesn't all have to do with his injury.

RustShack
03-23-2012, 10:45 AM
Would be awesome if Johnson fell to the 4th round. Hes going to be a hell of a CB in the NFL. He shut down every top WR he played, and we had no pass rush at all.