PDA

View Full Version : Poop Romanowski: Keep Tebow over 'broken down' Peyton

DaKCMan AP
03-21-2012, 10:45 AM
Romanowski: Keep Tebow over 'broken down' Peyton
By Michael McCarthy, USA TODAY

Tim Tebow has more than one fierce media defender besides Skip Bayless of ESPN.

Former Denver Broncos linebacker Bill Romanowski told Yahoo! Sports Radio he thinks the team's making a mistake choosing a "broken down" Peyton Manning over Tim Tebow.

"I don't see this as a huge positive for the Denver Broncos. I don't think you can just throw in a Peyton Manning, who to me is still broken down, who is not healthy yet, and think that he is going to be the answer to getting you to a Super Bowl. To me, you had the answer. You just need more talent around a guy like Tim Tebow."

Romanowski liked the way Tebow turned around a losing Denver team, won a division title and led his club to an upset victory over the AFC champion Pittsburgh Steelers in the playoffs. The Denver brain trust, like many football "experts" in the past, are underestimating the former Heisman Trophy winner at Florida who's been proving people wrong since he was a kid.

Said Romanowski: "The kid's a winner. I don't care where he ends up. Cream rises to the top. That kid is beyond cream. He will rise. ... He'll do the same that he did last season -- and probably better."

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2012/03/romanowski-broncos-blow-with-broken-down-peyton-manning-tim-tebow-denver-broncos-nfl-yahoo/1?fb_ref=.T2kzgqzVxvF.like&fb_source=home_oneline#.T2n3BMUgem7

Rain Man
03-21-2012, 10:48 AM
Of course, Romanowski is a stupid, mind-addled drug addict. But he probably keeps in touch with Elway as a result.

durtyrute
03-21-2012, 10:49 AM
I can't believe this, but I agree with the Donk.

notorious
03-21-2012, 10:49 AM
Fuck Criminowski.

Fish
03-21-2012, 10:54 AM
"You just need more talent around a guy like Tim Tebow."

Hmmm... that sounds vaguely familiar...

Von Dumbass
03-21-2012, 10:56 AM
Romo is a massive Tebow fan. Always has been.

DaKCMan AP
03-21-2012, 10:56 AM
Romo is a massive Tebow fan. Always has been.

You used to be one too.

evolve27
03-21-2012, 10:59 AM
Is it fair to say that Tebow could be better than Cassel?

AndChiefs
03-21-2012, 10:59 AM

At running? Sure.

Mile High Mania
03-21-2012, 11:02 AM

I honestly think Tebow can get better with the right coaching... a guy like McDaniels would obviously be that kind of guy, but I doubt Bill wants any part of the circus.

I look at people like Cassel, Moore, McCoy, Gabbert and several others and think I'd much rather roll the dice with Tebow. Cassel gets a bad rap at times, he has had nice numbers, but I think he lacks leadership and that edge to take a team to great heights.

A team can win with Tebow ... won't always be pretty, but worth a shot.

Von Dumbass
03-21-2012, 11:04 AM
You used to be one too.

I still am.

The ideal scenario for me would be for Tebow to backup Manning and then takeover when he retires. Tebow can be great, he has the work ethic to improve he just needs a little time.

But if getting Manning means losing Tebow it is worth it to me.

Kerberos
03-21-2012, 11:19 AM
I don't really like "Spit-N-owski" but he has a valid point. But it is still to be seen if Tebow can overcome his attachment to the SPREAD offense. I agree that the right coaching could be the ticket. He may not get that if all his new team is interested in is selling tickets. :hmmm:

Mile High Mania
03-21-2012, 11:27 AM
I still am.

The ideal scenario for me would be for Tebow to backup Manning and then takeover when he retires. Tebow can be great, he has the work ethic to improve he just needs a little time.

But if getting Manning means losing Tebow it is worth it to me.

It makes zero sense at this point... mainly because there are a lot of Tebow fans that are fans of Tim first, and Denver second. If you can't see through that and the circus involved, then you're kidding yourself.

And, it doesn't make sense to have him as the #2 in this scenario.

Tebow deserves the chance to compete for a starting role - there's no doubt. I think the fans in PHI would chew him up, but he would make sense there with Vick and his injury history. I doubt this would work either, but he makes sense in CAR too.

Teams like Jax, Miami are obvious considerations... not sure he fits Philbin's plan though. If I'm CLE - then I'm certainly interested because McCoy is weak.

I think it would be ideal for McDaniels to be able to coach him, but don't know why BB would go that way.

Vikings... Bucs ... I dunno, but wouldn't be bad for competition.

I'd be a fan of them sending him to CAR in return for Clausen... or Stewart.

GordonGekko
03-21-2012, 11:28 AM
They should definitely keep Tebow, but as back-up.

Pasta Giant Meatball
03-21-2012, 11:29 AM
Denver has to deal Tebow at this point.

Mile High Mania
03-21-2012, 11:30 AM
Denver has to deal Tebow at this point.

And, in due time they will... they're not going to cut him. I don't think there's any questioning the fact that Elway likes him, but he just doesn't think he's the guy to take them to the SB and win it... and it's more of a project than he cares to take on.

Chiefnj2
03-21-2012, 11:30 AM
I'd give a 6th or 7th for Tebow. Higher ceiling than Stanzi.

Mile High Mania
03-21-2012, 11:31 AM

They can do better than that - and I don't think there's any way that they trade him within the AFCW, that's the last thing they want to haunt them.

Chiefnj2
03-21-2012, 11:32 AM
They can do better than that - and I don't think there's any way that they trade him within the AFCW, that's the last thing they want to haunt them.

I don't know why you don't keep him.

Mile High Mania
03-21-2012, 11:36 AM
I don't know why you don't keep him.

It's likely the circus factor... as I mentioned and I've seen this with a lot of "new Broncos fans" that I've met in the last 6 months. There is a huge cult following for Tebow and all the great things about him, add on the way 2011 went with the team and they 'love the team'... but, they love it second. It's more about Tebow's success and not really Broncos' success.

Elway has alluded to that at times and those that have talked with him have insinuated as much about the situation.

The sooner they break the tie... they can move on, and so can Tim. I think they really do want to find the best situation for him. I think Tebow would handle everything well... but his fans, not so much.

mr. tegu
03-21-2012, 11:36 AM
I hope Denver can't unload him so that they are stuck with him and Tebow's massive skillset (fan support that is) forces Tebow into the starting role.

Mile High Mania
03-21-2012, 11:38 AM
I hope Denver can't unload him so that they are stuck with him and Tebow's massive skillset (fan support that is) forces Tebow into the starting role.

They could trade him now if all they wanted was a minimal player or draft pick... but they'll look for the best option.

J Diddy
03-21-2012, 11:41 AM

Where? at running back?