PDA

View Full Version : Life Sad

bogey
03-21-2012, 06:23 PM
Sorry all, I just wanted to share. Ignore and move on, I understand. I'm having my dog put to sleep on Friday. Sad day, but it's better for her. Sucks though. She hates going to the vet, so we're paying the vet to come to our house to do it so her last few minutes of life will not be spent shaking in fear going to the vet. She's a good gal.

Baconeater
03-21-2012, 06:24 PM
Ugh, sorry.

LiveSteam
03-21-2012, 06:26 PM
Sorry man.Thats tough

patteeu
That's pretty cool of you to bring the vet out for a house call. Sorry about your dog, bogey. You wouldn't be doing it if it weren't better for her.

Paniero
Very sad indeed. Enjoy the time you have.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-21-2012, 06:28 PM
sorry to hear it man. that's a very nice thing doing the house call.

jspchief
03-21-2012, 06:29 PM
I put my dog down a few years ago, and honestly I'm still not over it.

It's like losing a family member, while you hold them in your arms, with the knowledge that you chose death for them. Fucking terrible.

ChiefsandO'sfan
03-21-2012, 06:30 PM
Sorry

Pawnmower
03-21-2012, 06:30 PM
Sorry Brospeh, that blows.

WV
03-21-2012, 06:31 PM
Sorry

The Iron Chief
03-21-2012, 06:33 PM
Sorry to hear this.
I know the feeling.
The wife and I are lucky and not so lucky in a way with pets.. two cats both lived 16yrs/15yrs. Two dogs 16yrs/15yrs.
Currently we have a white Lab 3yrs old.
Glad they lived above average but so hard to put down when the time comes.

What I can say is when its time its time we all have to understand when they shouldnt suffer anymore and make the decision.

The house call is very nice

Dicky McElephant
03-21-2012, 06:34 PM
Sorry man. I hated having mine put down.

Trevo_410
03-21-2012, 06:35 PM
I don't think I could ever handle doing it after watching this...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EOAcRKZxjy4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

siberian khatru
03-21-2012, 06:36 PM
Been there, done that. It sucks.

Had one dog drop dead in front of me and the kids. It wasn't as traumatic as having to put the previous one down. I'm convinced I was clinically depressed about it for awhile. The dog was THAT good.

My condolences.

bevischief
Sorry to hear but why wait till Friday? I have done this a few times.

seclark
hate to hear it bogey. not fun at all.
sec

Mr. Laz
03-21-2012, 06:37 PM
:(

bogey
03-21-2012, 06:38 PM
When I take her to the vet, she completely breaks down. Ears down, tail tucked and every muscel in her body shaking. I can't imagine her living the last few minutes of her life in fear. Bringing the vet to the house is money well spent. We're planning on having tons of human food she loves available for her.

WV
03-21-2012, 06:40 PM
When I take her to the vet, she completely breaks down. Ears down, tail tucked and every muscel in her body shaking. I can't imagine her living the last few minutes of her life in fear. Bringing the vet to the house is money well spent. We're planning on having tons of human food she loves available for her.

Your doing good man.

Jerm
03-21-2012, 06:41 PM
When my dog was shot and killed it was the hardest thing I've ever dealt with.

It honestly felt like my child had died.

I'm very sorry.

Tombstone RJ
03-21-2012, 06:43 PM
Sorry all, I just wanted to share. Ignore and move on, I understand. I'm having my dog put to sleep on Friday. Sad day, but it's better for her. Sucks though. She hates going to the vet, so we're paying the vet to come to our house to do it so her last few minutes of life will not be spent shaking in fear going to the vet. She's a good gal.

bummer dude, I feel for you.

bogey
03-21-2012, 06:44 PM
Sorry to hear but why wait till Friday? I have done this a few times.

We have a 14 year old daughter and thought we would give her the week-end to mourn instead of having to go to school. We're winging it.

pr_capone

Sorry meng... always tough to lose a buddy. Good thoughts your way.

Tombstone RJ

sounds like you are doing the right thing, I hate putting down family pets.

Buehler445
03-21-2012, 06:51 PM
Damn dude. Sorry to hear.

I went ahead and notified Chief Dog that he is going to have to live at least as long as me. I can't imagine how much it must suck to put your buddy down. I know I don't want any part of that.

bogey
03-21-2012, 06:53 PM
I don't think I could ever handle doing it after watching this...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EOAcRKZxjy4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I don't know what this video is, but I sure as hell don't want to watch it.

Hog Farmer
03-21-2012, 06:54 PM
I was about to pull the plug on my wife at one time, hard decission to make!

But she said if i unplugged her Dildo I'd have to cook my own supper.

Halfcan
03-21-2012, 06:55 PM
Tough news-best wishes.

QuikSsurfer
03-21-2012, 06:58 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this. Sounds like you're doing her quite the service though. I hope you're able to get another animal soon.

Dave Lane
03-21-2012, 07:09 PM
I dread those days worse than my own death.

Sorry to hear dude get a new puppy soon, adopt one. You'll make her proud.

Phobia
03-21-2012, 07:13 PM
Our Bogey isn't far behind. He's 13, has no teeth and doesn't do anything but get up to crap and eat. He's surprisingly spry for his age though. We bought a new dog 2 years ago anticipating this but old dog has hung on.

bogey
03-21-2012, 07:24 PM
I was about to pull the plug on my wife at one time, hard decission to make!

But she said if i unplugged her Dildo I'd have to cook my own supper.

Well, you need to find that g-spot and then she won't need the dildo

Al Czervik
03-21-2012, 07:27 PM
Bogey,

That sucks....Very nice to have the vet come in....

Peace to you and your family...its tough but its the right thing to do...

jspchief
03-21-2012, 07:35 PM
We're planning on having tons of human food she loves available for her.Just a word of advice. I was told my dog might lose bladder/bowel control when he's injected, although he didn't. An overly full or upset tummy might not help that situation though.

Bwana
03-21-2012, 07:46 PM
I have a 14 year old lab and time is short as well. It always sucks to have to put a pet down.

Phobia
03-21-2012, 07:47 PM
I have a 14 year old lab and time is short as well. It always sucks to have to put a pet down.

Presume you do it the traditional way?

ExtremeChief
03-21-2012, 07:50 PM
Sucks dude. The house call thing is great. I had to put down a male lab 4 years ago due to cancer. His sister is still kicking but getting old. I feel for u man. It's a hard thing to do.. but the right thing

johnny961
03-21-2012, 07:51 PM
Man that sucks. I dread the day when I have to consider this for one of my pets. Thankfully both are healthy and young yet. My condolences.

Dayze
03-21-2012, 07:56 PM
Man. Sorry to hear Bogey.

When my dog was almost needing to be put down because of a possible mcl year and not being able to afford surgery and seeing her in pain, I figured its better than having her in constant pain just for my benefit.

Thankfully she healed on her own and it didn't come to that.

Keep your chin up man. It's going to be hard but think of how happy your dog was/is with you. You'll get a new one one day but still remember this dog.

Good luck man, I feel for ya

Shogun
03-21-2012, 08:01 PM
I remember the first time, never want to have to do it again. Sorry, sucks to hear. Its unfortunate but it sounds like you're doing it the best way you can, its not easy. Good on ya

BigRedChief
03-21-2012, 08:06 PM
We dog lovers fully understand.
http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_full_width/hash/bd/70/bd70d0c60508a16186228161fa934b0d.jpg

PhillyChiefFan
03-21-2012, 08:09 PM
Really sorry man. I have a dog and completely understand how close the relationship is. Condolences.

Bwana
03-21-2012, 08:11 PM
Presume you do it the traditional way?

veterinarian

DeezNutz
03-21-2012, 08:12 PM
Sorry to hear this, man. All best.

Hog Farmer
03-21-2012, 08:13 PM
Well, you need to find that g-spot and then she won't need the dildo

She's too fat to have a g spot.

Phobia
03-21-2012, 08:40 PM
veterinarian

I thought you were a mountain man. I grew up in farm country. Most people do their own there. But this isn't really a place for that discussion, I guess. Sorry bogey.

Phobia
03-21-2012, 08:41 PM
We dog lovers fully understand.
http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_full_width/hash/bd/70/bd70d0c60508a16186228161fa934b0d.jpg

Still love that pic. Looks like a bit of Rhodesian Ridgeback in that dog though he's not quite big enough.

Dr. Facebook Fever
03-21-2012, 08:42 PM

Sorry to hear. Always sucks losing a pet. Nice move having the vet come to your house.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-21-2012, 08:51 PM
Sorry to hear this.

I have had to put a couple of best friends down and every time I do, I swear to myself I'm never going to put myself in the situation again.

I currently have 2 best friends sitting beside my chair. I'll give them a hug for yours...

tecumseh
03-21-2012, 09:01 PM
Very hard thing to do. Good to know you gave her great, long life of love and friendship.
All three of my dogs are humane society rescues and they have a great life. The first dog my wife and I got together was an oversided dalmation named Barney. When we bought him he was chained to a post with a six foot chain, so we saved him and had many good years together. He was with us as both of our daughters were born and was a good friend. Alias , he got old and many health problems so we did what was best. We still have his ashes and a little shrine to him. He was our Marley.

angelo
03-21-2012, 09:17 PM

I am very sorry for your loss. It is an incredible hard thing to look your friend in the eye and say goodbye forever.

Ang

Demonpenz
03-21-2012, 09:29 PM
I am very sorry for your loss. It is an incredible hard thing to look your friend in the eye and say goodbye forever.

Ang

The Spirit never leaves your heart. The fact that you are on earth to love, to loose, to get pissed, to live.....it's the ride.

Der Flöprer
03-21-2012, 09:41 PM
I have my first dog. She's 6. Never allowed to have one as a kid. It's amazing how that dog has become like a child to me since I don't have my own. I hate these threads, it makes me think of a future unimaginable right now. God bless you, Bogey.

JohnnyHammersticks
03-21-2012, 09:50 PM
Sorry to hear that man, losing a pet is really hard. Like having your gut ripped out. Sounds like you probably gave her a great life though, that's what you'll remember.

Baby Lee
03-21-2012, 09:51 PM
I guess if there was ever a time to share, my best friend of 13 years passed in January. It came on so quickly. A week before Christmas I was dangling a treat before him and he got all excited, . . . then fell over. I thought he just lost his balance. Then he would fall over walking down the hallway. No 'spell' lasted more than 5 seconds, he'd get up and prance away like nothing happened. Took him to the vet, but they gave me the worthless diagnosis of 'idiopathic seizures.' There were two, maybe three, days where his breathing was labored and his eyes were pained, then I awoke about 3 weeks after the first symptom to find him still and cold on his bed.
For 13 years it was him and me, me and him, never apart for more than a work shift. Probably went through 2 gallons of vodka in the week after. Wake up, pour, drink, rinse repeat. Still hurts like hell.

Der Flöprer
03-21-2012, 09:53 PM
I guess if there was ever a time to share, my best friend of 13 years passed in January. It came on so quickly. A week before Christmas I was dangling a treat before him and he got all excited, . . . then fell over. I thought he just lost his balance. Then he would fall over walking down the hallway. No 'spell' lasted more than 5 seconds, he'd get up and prance away like nothing happened. Took him to the vet, but they gave me the worthless diagnosis of 'idiopathic seizures.' There were two, maybe three, days where his breathing was labored and his eyes were pained, then I awoke about 3 weeks after the first symptom to find him still and cold on his bed.
For 13 years it was him and me, me and him, never apart for more than a work shift. Probably went through 2 gallons of vodka in the week after. Wake up, pour, drink, rinse repeat. Still hurts like hell.

BIG_DADDY
03-21-2012, 09:56 PM
Never like saying goodbye. Sorry to hear it man

KS Smitty
03-21-2012, 09:58 PM
Sympathies bogey. The last dog we had got ran over right in front of the house with the kids outside. That was rough. We live on a street where the speed limit is 20 mph! Bad, bad, bad.

Be thankful that you got as long as you did and feel good that you are giving her a dignified death.

Baby Lee
03-21-2012, 10:19 PM

I have a photo of him chowing down at Christmas dinner [turkey bones, yum!!] with the Jayhawk kerchief I buried him in, but don't have the heart to post it.

What REALLY makes me feel bad, is that Ozzie [my buddy] inspired my parents and sister to get dogs. We've not had a great history with dogs, despite loving them bunches. Only dog I had as a kid-kid hung himself by dragging his doghouse by his chain to the fence-line then trying to jump over [I was 6, and mostly shielded from events], then a doberman I had at age 12 b/c he like to rile up the neighbor dogs [like a dozen pugs] by running along the fence-line [unchained mercifully], so we had to give him to a church congregant who lived in the country. Got to see him just a couple times thereafter.

But Ozzie was a Fox Terrier, and my sister got herself a Rat Terrier. He's a year younger than Ozzie was, but with his breeding, he developed diabetes and has gone blind with glaucoma as a result. He's still spry and active and everything you'd want, but he's also 12 yo. She has to inject him with insulin twice daily, and for a while his metabolism had him startlingly thin. No eating, just tons of water drank and tons of pee distributed. Nowadays, he follows my parents' dog [a Corgi] around the yard by sound. Luckily my parents' Corgi is relatively young, but his was a rescue from an abusive situation. He's just great as a lap dog, but both my sister's dog [by his high strung nature] and my parents' [by way of prior abuse] HEAD FOR ZEE HILLS when you watch an action movie on the HT.

RJ
03-21-2012, 10:21 PM
My symapathies. I had to do this about 6 months ago and now my other old guy is getting close to the end. I'm hoping he lasts the summer. It's hard.

Rain Man
03-21-2012, 10:46 PM
Sorry to hear, bogey. Losing a family member is tough.

warrior
03-22-2012, 08:13 AM
Sorry to hear - Hold on to the memories and stay strong, good luck.

Ugly Duck
03-22-2012, 08:51 AM
Condolences most sincere. I already dread the day that my own gets too old. Dog-lovers know the feeling....

Dayze
03-22-2012, 09:00 AM
Condolences most sincere. I already dread the day that my own gets too old. Dog-lovers know the feeling....

me too. My border collie/pointer mix will turn 10 this year; and my lab will turn 9.

Mr. Plow
03-22-2012, 09:09 AM
Ugh, I hate these threads.

1st off, I'm sorry for the loss bogey. It can't be an easy decision to make - hold onto as long as possible knowing he is in pain, or let him enjoy the last few days of his life with you. Sounds like you are making the best decision for you.

I hope it's never a decision I have to make because I've always been extremely close with each and every dog I've had. Each death was like a losing a little part of me. And I say this having lost a dog in August of last year because of something really fucking stupid that I personally did that I can't forgive myself for and also knowing that I have a 13 year old dachshund that is nearing the end of her life.

It's rough and I hate thinking about losing pets. My thoughts are with you man.

kappa72202
03-22-2012, 09:27 AM
I know what you are going thru Bogey. Had to put mine down years ago. I still get a tear every now and then even though it has been a long time. It's not easy to lose a buddy who gives you unconditional love. Hang in there.

Old Dog
03-22-2012, 09:41 AM
I've posted a couple of times in the times in the past on this board, but it seems very fitting again.
(It's an old Dear Abby column I saved after we had to put our first husky to sleep in '97).

Dogs Don't Have Souls, Do They?

I remember bringing you home. You were so small and cuddly with your tiny paws and soft fur.

You bounced around the room with eyes flashing and ears flopping. Once in a while, you'd let out a little yelp just to let me know this is your territory.

Making a mess of the house and chewing on everything in sight became a passion, and when I scolded you, you just put your head down and looked up at me with those innocent eyes, as if to say, "I'm sorry, but I'll do it again as soon as you 're not watching."

As you got older, you protected me by looking out the window and barking at everyone who walked by. When I had a tough day at work, you would be waiting for me with your tail wagging, just to say, "Welcome home. I missed you." You never had a bad day and I could always count on you to be there for me.

When I sat down to read the paper and watch TV, you would hop on my lap looking for attention. You never asked for anything more than to have me pat your head so you could go to sleep with your head over my leg.

As you got older you moved around more slowly. Then, one day, old age finally took its toll and you couldn't stand on those wobbly legs anymore. I knelt down and patted you lying there, trying to make you young again. You just looked up to me as if to say that you were old and tired and that after all of these years of not asking for anything, you had to ask me for one favor.

With tears in my eyes, I drove you one last time to the vet. One last time, you were lying next to me. For some strange reason, you were able to stand up in the animal hospital; perhaps it was your sense of pride.

As the vet led you away, you stopped for an instant, turned your head and looked at me as if to say, "Thank you for taking care of me."

I thought, "No, thank you for taking care of me."

Heartfelt condolences to you and your family, Bogey. May she rest in peace.

Dayze
03-22-2012, 09:43 AM
dusty in here.

bogey
03-22-2012, 01:17 PM
I dread those days worse than my own death.

Sorry to hear dude get a new puppy soon, adopt one. You'll make her proud.

I think we're going to take a little break from having pets.

bogey
03-22-2012, 01:20 PM
Just a word of advice. I was told my dog might lose bladder/bowel control when he's injected, although he didn't. An overly full or upset tummy might not help that situation though.

Good point. We're not really sure what to expect, doing this at home and all. I've been through this once before, but did it at the vet. I hope she's able to lay in her favorite spot and drift off to sleep. Uhh, I hate this.

bogey
03-22-2012, 01:22 PM
She's too fat to have a g spot.

ROFL

Sucky
03-22-2012, 01:23 PM
Really sorry to hear that man.

bogey
03-22-2012, 01:25 PM
I thought you were a mountain man. I grew up in farm country. Most people do their own there. But this isn't really a place for that discussion, I guess. Sorry bogey.

I grew up on a farm. I hear ya. Even if I was still living in the country, I don't think I could bring myself to actually doing it.

bogey
03-22-2012, 01:29 PM

So sorry.

Frazod
03-22-2012, 01:32 PM
Sorry to hear about this. Losing a pet sucks.

bogey
03-22-2012, 01:39 PM
Good bunch of folks on here. Thank you all for your thoughts and for sharing your own stories. The vet is coming at 9:30 tomorrow morning. Our 14 year old daughter is going to be devistated. We've let her know that we're taking Daisy to the vet. She's aware that Daisy is not in good health and she may need to be put down, but we haven't told her that we're definately putting her down. She's been paying extra attention to Daisy all week because I think she suspects the end is near. I would hate to think my kid felt like she wasn't able to say good bye. Uncharted territory for me, both with the kid and bringing the vet to our house. We do the best we can with what we have to work with.

Mr. Kotter
03-22-2012, 01:45 PM
Sorry to hear, man.

J Diddy
03-22-2012, 01:46 PM
Sorry to hear that. Wish you best and comfort.

Bwana
03-22-2012, 01:57 PM
I grew up on a farm. I hear ya. Even if I was still living in the country, I don't think I could bring myself to actually doing it.

Exactly. Not very many things bug me, but that would.

Chiefs4TheWin
03-22-2012, 02:23 PM
I know this feeling. It sucks. I still think about it sometimes. Hope you deal with it better than I do. Good luck to you.

chagrin
03-22-2012, 02:35 PM
Condolences dude, hang in there man and I know you'll cherish the time and memories.

frankotank
03-22-2012, 02:48 PM
damn. been there....and it frigging hurts. very sorry for you guys. last time I went thru this it was devastating. worse than ever before. I was talking to my dad and said...man this hurts so bad I almost wish we'd have never had that dog. my dad was like....no way you'd trade all the love that dog gave you...no way...the pain sucks....but it's worth it.

the love of a good pet....it really is worth it. that's why we do what is best for them....

Dayze
03-22-2012, 03:02 PM
damn. been there....and it frigging hurts. very sorry for you guys. last time I went thru this it was devastating. worse than ever before. I was talking to my dad and said...man this hurts so bad I almost wish we'd have never had that dog. my dad was like....no way you'd trade all the love that dog gave you...no way...the pain sucks....but it's worth it.

the love of a good pet....it really is worth it. that's why we do what is best for them....

that's a good approach/mindset.

Ceej
03-22-2012, 03:10 PM
Just last night I was thinking about our family pup Cooper who we had to put down a few years ago.

I posted that here on CP and I'm thankful I got all the prayers I needed from all of the gracious people here.

Sorry Bogey. I understand where you're coming from. And if you get a little watery eyed just blame allergies.

DJ's left nut
03-22-2012, 03:50 PM
I'll say the same thing I've told myself for the time when I have to put mine down - thank God we only get 10-15 years with them; imagine how much it would hurt if it were 30...

This may be harder, but if you can pull it off, be there with here for the end. In my mind, I owe them that much.

Also, realize that anybody that's had a pet that's worth a damn is going to be devastated by this process. Don't feel bad about it, don't try to hide it either; it'll only make it worse. I am fully prepared for the fact that I'm going to sob like a freakin' girl and that's just all there is to it.

Kudos for everything you're doing to make this easier for the pup.

bogey
03-22-2012, 03:54 PM
Holy Moly, you people are so cool! Love this place. Welling up at work! I gotta go to the girly thread.

Der Flöprer
03-22-2012, 04:03 PM
I have to quit reading this thread. I'm sitting here looking at my dog and it's making me sad just thinking about it. I'm about halfway home with mine if I'm lucky, and I've had her since she was a puppy. Time goes by so quick...

The Dawg
03-22-2012, 04:05 PM
It hurts like crazy to lose a dog. Last 2 we've lost I have come home to find them on the side of the road after they broke through their electric collar and made it down to the highway. Still breaks my heart

mikey23545
03-22-2012, 04:27 PM
We had to put our little one to sleep last year, Bogey...cancer was eating her up.

I can't tell you how much my heart goes out to you...

I'm glad no one can see my balling like a baby right now, but I don't think I would really care what anyone else thought of it. I miss my little buddy so much...

38yrsfan
03-22-2012, 05:23 PM
So very, very sorry. Went through it recently and have another one (lab mix) that is almost 12.

bogey
03-23-2012, 05:27 PM
The vet and his assistant that came to our house were so professional. We sat with Daisy while it happened and it was fucking horrible. After she passed, I took my wife to the other room so the vet could remove the body. When we came back into the room, they were gone. They new we were heart broken and simply slipped away with Daisy without a word being said. No more pets for a LONG time. RIP Daisy girl, we love you.

Old Dog
03-23-2012, 07:15 PM
Sorry to hear it bogey, but you did the right thing.
Condolences

Der Flöprer
03-23-2012, 07:55 PM
The vet and his assistant that came to our house were so professional. We sat with Daisy while it happened and it was fucking horrible. After she passed, I took my wife to the other room so the vet could remove the body. When we came back into the room, they were gone. They new we were heart broken and simply slipped away with Daisy without a word being said. No more pets for a LONG time. RIP Daisy girl, we love you.

Much love. Much, much, love to you and yours.

RockChalk
03-23-2012, 08:00 PM
Fucking dust

Condolences and RIP Daisy. In time, your pain will slowly fade away, but never completely away. And you shouldn't ever want it to go away, because your pain is a result of all those wonderful times you, your wife and Daisy shared together.

Buehler445
03-23-2012, 08:18 PM

Glad it went well for you dude. You did the right thing. You're a good man.

I would encourage you to get a new dog. Not right away, but let it set a bit and go find one.

Don't view it as replacing Daisy, view it as helping a dog, like Daisy. Your family has a lot of love to give, and it would do you guys good to help cope by finding an outlet for that love.

johnny961
03-23-2012, 08:39 PM
Having to go through what you did sucks but you did the right thing.

bogey
03-26-2012, 04:35 PM
Glad it went well for you dude. You did the right thing. You're a good man.

I would encourage you to get a new dog. Not right away, but let it set a bit and go find one.

Don't view it as replacing Daisy, view it as helping a dog, like Daisy. Your family has a lot of love to give, and it would do you guys good to help cope by finding an outlet for that love.

Tough week-end around the house. We don't realize how many things we do out of habit. When I wake up in the mornings, I let Daisy out to do her thing. I refresh her water and food, then she goes back into the bedroom to wait for my wife to wake up. At that point she gets a good belly rub. None of that happened. Mornings are worse. We're all doing fine, but I think my wife is having a little more trouble adjusting. This too shall pass. I'll stop briinging this thread back now. Just wanted to put a period on it.

burt
03-26-2012, 06:04 PM
I seem to have a dust problem too. Condolences. They do become family.

R8RFAN
03-26-2012, 06:08 PM
Sorry man, Feed her special food for her last few days...

This always brings a tear to an old fat boy from NC's eye....

cardken
03-26-2012, 06:16 PM
Tough, hate to think of when I'm faced with same circumstances. Thoughts go out to you.