PDA

View Full Version : 7 Round Chiefs Mock.

Micjones
03-22-2012, 11:07 AM
Davis DeCastro, OG Stanford-This pick has changed a lot to me, but after seeing the Chiefs have made a serious commitment to the run game adding Peyton Hillis as well as free agent tackle Eric Winston, adding DeCastro seems to make sense. It appears to me they want to seriously commit to the run game and DeCastro is probably the best guard prospect to come out in at least 5 years so picking this him this early is no stretch.

Alameda Ta’amu, DT Washington-This team has committed a lot of high picks to the defensive line, but they still don’t get the type of play they were hoping for. Adding a true NT like Ta’amu who can command double teams every snap he is out there will make that entire unit more effective.

Chase Minnifield, CB Virginia-After letting Brandon Carr go via free agency adding a replacement is a top priority and Minnefield is a really nice player at this point in the draft who should be able to contribute in nickel and dime formations right away.

Jamell Flemming, CB Oklahoma-Back to back defensive picks here, but there’s a reason. I think Minnefield and especially Flemming have the physical nature to make a switch to safety. If they can get one to play corner and the other move to safety in a year or two these picks are rock solid.

Jarius Wright, WR Arkansas-With Dwayne Bowe as that big physical receiver and a loaded up run game, the Chiefs would be well served to get a guy who can pull the safetys deep would be nice and while Wright is a little slight and might get banged around, he’s electric after the catch and can get deep in a hurry.

Ryan Lindley, QB San Diego State-Strictly a camp body here, but I think Lindley is certainly talented enough to push for a backup position.

William Vlachos, OC Alabama-The Chiefs starting center is not a position of need this year, but Vlachos can sit for a year and be ready to step in next season.

Per Draft Board Insider (http://www.draftboardinsider.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?action=display&id=520&title=7%20Round%20Mock%20Draft-Kansas%20City%20Chiefs).

Thoughts?

Frosty
03-22-2012, 11:22 AM
Not my favorite but I wouldn't shoot myself over it. I still doubt the Chiefs draft a QB unless they have soured on Stanzi.

O.city
03-22-2012, 11:26 AM
Wouldn't necesarily want the two back to back CB's, but I could get on board with that draft.

jd1020
03-22-2012, 11:26 AM
Why 2 CB's and not 1 safety?

And why the QB who couldn't hit water if he jumped off a boat?

Replace Minnifield with a safety and replace Lindley with something, maybe ILB.

Frosty
03-22-2012, 11:27 AM
Why 2 CB's and not 1 safety?

And why the QB who couldn't hit water if he jumped off a boat?

Chase Minnifield, CB Virginia-After letting Brandon Carr go via free agency adding a replacement is a top priority and Minnefield is a really nice player at this point in the draft who should be able to contribute in nickel and dime formations right away.

Jamell Flemming, CB Oklahoma-Back to back defensive picks here, but there’s a reason. I think Minnefield and especially Flemming have the physical nature to make a switch to safety. If they can get one to play corner and the other move to safety in a year or two these picks are rock solid.

O.city
03-22-2012, 11:28 AM
I'm not a Lindly fan at all at this point.

Instead of the second CB, take a qb there if you want.

jd1020
03-22-2012, 11:30 AM

What's the point of drafting a CB you hope can transition to safety when you can draft a safety like George Iloka or Aaron Henry to play safety, maybe even Trenton Robinson? Explain the logic.

Frosty
03-22-2012, 11:34 AM
What's the point of drafting a CB you hope can transition to safety when you can draft a safety like George Iloka or Aaron Henry to play safety, maybe even Trenton Robinson? Explain the logic.

I don't know but that was his reasoning.

For years, the Chiefs drafted safeties and tried to convert them to corners. maybe they are going to try it the other way around now.

durtyrute
03-22-2012, 11:35 AM
Considering Nose Tackle is such a big need and everyone thinks Poe will be a bust, why not draft Ta'amu in the first to make sure we get our nose?

jd1020
03-22-2012, 11:37 AM
Considering Nose Tackle is such a big need and everyone thinks Poe will be a bust, why not draft Ta'amu in the first to make sure we get our nose?

STFU

suds79
03-22-2012, 11:38 AM

Because from all the projections it's pretty much a guarantee we can get him later. That mock did have him going in the 2nd after all.

durtyrute
03-22-2012, 11:54 AM
Because from all the projections it's pretty much a guarantee we can get him later. That mock did have him going in the 2nd after all.

It just seems odd that a lot of people are saying "you can't take a guard at 11, you NEVER do that" but you can take a nose at 11. If Poe has issues with his motor and we aren't taking a QB,RB,OT,OG,C,CB, or S, that leaves ILB, OLB, DE, and DT. We just took Houston last year, Siler is coming back, and DE isn't a big of a need and DT, it seems like taking him in the first makes sense.

whoman69
03-22-2012, 02:06 PM
It just seems odd that a lot of people are saying "you can't take a guard at 11, you NEVER do that" but you can take a nose at 11. If Poe has issues with his motor and we aren't taking a QB,RB,OT,OG,C,CB, or S, that leaves ILB, OLB, DE, and DT. We just took Houston last year, Siler is coming back, and DE isn't a big of a need and DT, it seems like taking him in the first makes sense.

Doesn't make any sense. Sounds like King Carl draft talk. Its like going to an auction and you're going to bid on a piece that you think will go at $500 but you bid $1000 right off the bat to make sure you get it. ID10T strategy.

tyton75
03-22-2012, 02:26 PM

I would think if they have thoughts that they can't get him at their pick, they would definitely try to wrangle a trade up to go get him in the 2nd.

Provided we don't take a NT in the 1st that is

MahiMike
03-26-2012, 09:49 PM
RACK 'EM! My favorite on this site so far.

Dave Lane
03-27-2012, 11:16 AM
I'd be all over this one a blue chip 1st rounder even if it's a position I initially hated, a true nose tackle and the quarterback that I actually have kind of been advocating for that has abilities to me that are somewhere to similar to Tannehill