PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Brady Quinn

Pages : [1] 2

buddha
03-22-2012, 10:32 AM
I just watched the video of Brady being interviewed on Chiefs.com and I wonder if this situation might just work out for KC and Quinn. As we all know, QB is a position that you grow into in the NFL, and it takes some guys longer than others to get comfortable. Brady seems like a mature guy now who has been knocked around by life enough to be realistic about the NFL.

There are examples of guys who start off cold at QB and then go to the right situation and really blossom. Rich Gannon was no better than average when he split time with Sean Salisbury in Minnesota. Dude ended up being a Pro Bowl QB years later.

I just have a hunch about Quinn. He's going to a new team, but the OC is familiar, Romeo is familiar, and the QB situation is there for the taking.

BigChiefTablet
03-22-2012, 10:33 AM
I'm holding my breath.

Mr. Arrowhead
03-22-2012, 10:34 AM
Hes certainly has alot more weapons here than he ever had at Denver and Cleveland combined

Epic Fail 007
03-22-2012, 10:34 AM
I think he will work out.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-22-2012, 10:35 AM
http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large/dont-hold-your-breath-carrie-munoz.jpg

L.A. Chieffan
03-22-2012, 10:37 AM
we got a first round qb for free!

KCtotheSB
03-22-2012, 10:37 AM
http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large/dont-hold-your-breath-carrie-munoz.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_i8EC9Y0t3wc/Sb48P2MFc_I/AAAAAAAAA-M/Ol3cqqcFqsw/s320/uvs090316-001.BMP

buddha
03-22-2012, 10:38 AM
Hes certainly has alot more weapons here than he ever had at Denver and Cleveland combined

He does. Crazier things have happened.

I trust my gut and I think this becomes a very successful move for KC.

Assuming Charles is 100%, and with the addition of Hillis, and Winston, I think this offense is going to be pretty damn salty. It's not cool to say that around here, but that's how it looks to me.

Mile High Mania
03-22-2012, 10:38 AM
There must be something there that Romeo likes in him... maybe he can lure Derek Anderson in there too.

buddha
03-22-2012, 10:40 AM
Quinn was one of those "elite" level QBs at ND. Given the bizarre series of events that have followed him in both Cleveland and Denver, he may be a very undervalued commodity right now.

vailpass
03-22-2012, 10:41 AM
LMAO

Chiefnj2
03-22-2012, 10:42 AM
He didn't sound very mature ripping Tebow last year.

vailpass
03-22-2012, 10:43 AM

Wait til he drops everything to fly to the side of his gymnast squeeze.

DMAC
Full circle.

loochy
http://images.wikia.com/simpsons/images/c/ca/Homer_JJ.png

RustShack
03-22-2012, 10:44 AM
Quinn will work out. We got a steal, and a first round QB without using a first rounder. We can continue to build a better team around him.

J Diddy
There must be something there that Romeo likes in him... maybe he can lure Derek Anderson in there too.

It is because the only way to win a superbowl in the NFL is with a first round quarterback, Brady Quinn is a first round quarterback, with him we are destined to win.

:D

Detoxing
Not holding my breath. The odds are not in his favor.

1. Cassel is the starting QB, and will be given all the 1st rep snaps and every possible chance to succeed.

2. Quinn Failed to beat out Derek Anderson. Rookie or not, i remember the Browns giving him every chance to win the job, but he wasn't able to.

3. He never beat out Orton either, possibly for the same reason he won't beat out Cassel.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-22-2012, 10:46 AM
I think he will work out.

You are an eternal optimist regarding this team. Scott Pioli and Clark Hunt thank you. As long as you write them a check anyway.

That said, I'm warming up to Quinn the more I think about it. Shit, at least we have someone with some God given talent at the position on the roster. More than we can say about anyone else playing QB in the last decade. Go Brady! Just grab more footballs than peckers while you're here.

Sofa King
http://www.lpetty57.net/wp-content/uploads/17_5_orig.jpg

TRR
Quinn was one of those "elite" level QBs at ND. Given the bizarre series of events that have followed him in both Cleveland and Denver, he may be a very undervalued commodity right now.

I agree 100 percent. Quinn's NFL story is truly a unique one. If KC gives him a chance and a bit of time and continuity, I believe they will get a steal in return. Everyone loves comeback stories and this one would be a great one.

It's wishful thinking for certain, but even before he came to KC, I always felt that if given another chance, he would live up to expectations.
Posted via Mobile Device

buddha
03-22-2012, 10:48 AM
He may not have to beat out Cassel. MC is a fragile guy (must be Italian).

Detoxing, please tell us why Rich Gannon couldn't beat out Sean Salisbury? Same basic idea.

buddha
03-22-2012, 10:51 AM
I agree 100 percent. Quinn's NFL story is truly a unique one. If KC gives him a chance and a bit of time and continuity, I believe they will get a steal in return. Everyone loves comeback stories and this one would be a great one.

It's wishful thinking for certain, but even before he came to KC, I always felt that if given another chance, he would live up to expectations.
Posted via Mobile Device

TRR...I agree. I have nothing more than a gut feeling to back it up, but I think KC may have just gotten a real steal.

Elway's going to look really foolish if Manning can't hold up and Quinn ends up being our franchise QB. :D

Coogs
2. Quinn Failed to beat out Derek Anderson. Rookie or not, i remember the Browns giving him every chance to win the job, but he wasn't able to.

There was this in Cleveland too...

Brady Quinn has agreed to a five-year contact with the Cleveland Browns worth $20.2 million, with $7.75 million guaranteed, ending his holdout.

The deal could grow to $30 million over five years with incentives.

The quarterback signed a five-year contract Tuesday night with the Cleveland Browns, ending an 11-day holdout that essentially eliminated his chances to begin the season as the team's starter.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp07/news/story?id=2964653

Thig Lyfe
I read somewhere that Brady Quinn is the next Len Dawson

Rausch
03-22-2012, 10:53 AM
I just watched the video of Brady being interviewed on Chiefs.com

Video?...

Chiefnj2
03-22-2012, 10:53 AM
Can anyone who is basking in the possible resurrection of Brady Quinn explain why, or how, Tebow outplayed Quinn in the preseason last year?

vailpass
03-22-2012, 10:54 AM
TRR...I agree. I have nothing more than a gut feeling to back it up, but I think KC may have just gotten a real steal.

Elway's going to look really foolish if Manning can't hold up and Quinn ends up being our franchise QB. :D

:clap:

penguinz
03-22-2012, 10:54 AM
Wow. This is unbelievable.

Coogs
03-22-2012, 10:55 AM
Can anyone who is basking in the possible resurrection of Brady Quinn explain why, or how, Tebow outplayed Quinn in the preseason last year?

He didn't the first two weeks. Not even close. Quinn did not play in the 3rd game. Quinn had a bad game in the 4th game against the Cards.

Donger
03-22-2012, 10:56 AM

Could it be that the Broncos, having given a first rounder for Tebow, perhaps gave him an edge?

I'm not saying that's what happened, but it seems logical.

Sofa King
03-22-2012, 10:58 AM
Video?...

This one.

http://high-street.org/img/1312299025544.gif

Chris Meck
03-22-2012, 11:00 AM
No, but it is unlikely. It's entirely possible.

I was for taking a chance on a guy like Quinn. It's low risk, high reward. The situation QB's are drafted into makes a huge difference as to whether they make it or not.

Maybe he's not completely broken. Maybe he can still turn it around. Sometimes the light bulb goes on for guys if they get in the right situation for them.

He's got talent. He can physically make all the throws. He's got confidence issues I would think after the Cleveland debacle and I don't believe ever had a chance in Denver.

Maybe it works out. It didn't cost us much, either way.

Pestilence
03-22-2012, 11:01 AM

It's been explained multiple fucking times. Do you honestly think that after drafting Tebow in the 1st round....that the FO was going to let Quinn beat out Tebow for the #2 spot?

vailpass
03-22-2012, 11:02 AM
There is some absolute gold in this thread. It's better than watching you guys convince yourselves Orton might be The One.

Rausch
03-22-2012, 11:06 AM

Brady has the size, talent, and smarts to be that franchise QB.

But he hasn't been one.

The big question is why?

I wouldn't say it's the pressure because you know he had that at ND.

I havent' watched the guy much after he was drafted.

What's the big knock on him?...

KCDC
03-22-2012, 11:07 AM
There is some absolute gold in this thread. It's better than watching you guys convince yourselves Orton might be The One.

That's what happens when you have a weak QB. Even mediocrity starts to look attractive. ;)

Still, we got Orton and Quinn for nothing, essentiially, so it is only natural for fans to wonder whether one man's trash might be another man's treasure. It rarely happens, but it should not surprise you that people will look for reasons to be hopeful in that regard.

TRR
03-22-2012, 11:09 AM

Nobody is trying to convince anyone of anything. Quinn has potential. Will he realize it in KC? Maybe? Maybe not?
Posted via Mobile Device

Pestilence
03-22-2012, 11:09 AM

But he hasn't been one.

The big question is why?

The dude was thrown into two completely fucked up situations. Mangini fucked him over in Cleveland. And there was no way that he was beating out Jesus in a competition in Denver.

vailpass
03-22-2012, 11:10 AM
That's what happens when you have a weak QB. Even mediocrity starts to look attractive. ;)

Still, we got Orton and Quinn for nothing, essentiially, so it is only natural for fans to wonder whether one man's trash might be another man's treasure. It rarely happens, but it should not surprise you that people will look for reasons to be hopeful in that regard.

As they should. Absolutely.

Mile High Mania
03-22-2012, 11:10 AM

Posted via Mobile Device

Comeback from what? High draft expectations? There really isn't anything to 'comeback' from with him. It would be more like the Alex Smith situation - finally doing something to warrant the original draft pick.

I think Quinn would really have to do something amazing for a string of many years in order to make the Broncos look foolish on this move. I think there's a better shot of Tebow making them look foolish than Quinn.

Mile High Mania
03-22-2012, 11:11 AM
The dude was thrown into two completely ****ed up situations. Mangini ****ed him over in Cleveland. And there was no way that he was beating out Jesus in a competition in Denver.

They went with Orton as the starter, not Tebow... Quinn couldn't knock out Orton from the starting role.

Chiefnj2
03-22-2012, 11:13 AM
It's been explained multiple ****ing times. Do you honestly think that after drafting Tebow in the 1st round....that the FO was going to let Quinn beat out Tebow for the #2 spot?

The front office told Quinn to have a 7 QB rating in the 4th preseason game? They told him to throw picks and incomplete passes?

Pestilence
03-22-2012, 11:17 AM
The front office told Quinn to have a 7 QB rating in the 4th preseason game? They told him to throw picks and incomplete passes?

In what year?

2011? You're basing everything off of a 4th preseason game?

Mile High Mania
03-22-2012, 11:21 AM
It's been explained multiple ****ing times. Do you honestly think that after drafting Tebow in the 1st round....that the FO was going to let Quinn beat out Tebow for the #2 spot?

Elway and Fox didn't draft Tebow in the first round... and Xanders had little control over it considering the power they gave to McDaniels.

So, going into 2011 - that FO wasn't tied to Tebow at all. They didn't have the self-inflicted pressure to start him one way or the other. Once Orton failed, for whatever reasons... they went with Tebow over Quinn. Maybe they thought Quinn really sucked more. I dunno. I find it hard to believe that the would start Tebow because they really believed that gave them the best shot at drafting #1.

I just don't see Elway having so little respect for the rest of the team and doing that... some may disagree and that's fine, but I don't agree with that line of thinking.

Quinn could be in that long line of QBs drafted with such lofty expectations that has all the physical tools and things to love ... but he lacks the mental durability and leadership to take the reigns and own the starting QB role in the NFL.

Tebow possesses all that Quinn (and others) lack in that area... and at times is able to make up for what he lacks as a pure passing QB. One may be no better than the other... Quinn might have started in week 6 last year and ended the season with a much prettier stat line, but I doubt they go 7-4.

Nobody knows... but, that's where I stand with Quinn.

SNR
03-22-2012, 11:21 AM
Wait til he drops everything to fly to the side of his gymnast squeeze.Ugh. Fuck that.

We went through the same thing years ago. Trent Green had just been traded and the entire team, coaching staff, and fan base were expecting Brodie Croyle to man up and take the starting job. This was just after his rookie year when we didn't know how often he could get injured.

So the press wanted to write some articles about him. Get to know him better. What's the only thing he could fucking talk about? His dumbfart wedding that nobody gave a shit about. I remember one guy asked him something like, "How hard are you at the bit to practice and get better for training camp and possibly be a starting QB in the NFL?" and he said something like, "Practicing is necessary and important, but honestly right now I'm not focused on that job. I'm getting married in June and the wedding is the most important thing on my mind right now."

I wanted that punk ass emasculated dipshit out of KC ever since he lost to Huard. Pussy fucking EMBARRASSED this team with that shit.

L.A. Chieffan
03-22-2012, 11:23 AM
Im on the Quinn bandwagon. If Cassel gets hurt Im sure he'll do an admirable job filling in.

Mile High Mania
03-22-2012, 11:24 AM
Im on the Quinn bandwagon. If Cassel gets hurt Im sure he'll do an admirable job filling in.

And we know where that gets you...

vailpass
03-22-2012, 11:24 AM
Ugh. **** that.

We went through the same thing years ago. Trent Green had just been traded and the entire team, coaching staff, and fan base were expecting Brodie Croyle to man up and take the starting job. This was just after his rookie year when we didn't know how often he could get injured.

So the press wanted to write some articles about him. Get to know him better. What's the only thing he could ****ing talk about? His dumbfart wedding that nobody gave a shit about. I remember one guy asked him something like, "How hard are you at the bit to practice and get better for training camp and possibly be a starting QB in the NFL?" and he said something like, "Practicing is necessary and important, but honestly right now I'm not focused on that job. I'm getting married in June and the wedding is the most important thing on my mind right now."

I wanted that punk ass emasculated dipshit out of KC ever since he lost to Huard. Pussy ****ing EMBARRASSED this team with that shit.

:shake:

SNR
03-22-2012, 11:25 AM
Quinn could be in that long line of QBs drafted with such lofty expectations that has all the physical tools and things to love ... but he lacks the mental durability and leadership to take the reigns and own the starting QB role in the NFL.
That's my prediction on Quinn. Hope he proves me wrong, but I'm not really holding my breath.

J Diddy

If Quinn had been a late draft pick he'd be treated as the second coming of Palko.

However, since he was drafted in the first round he's got to be fo real!!! Despite, not having done anything.

Like I said I think this is more of a push for Cassel. A vet qb, who was drafted by and is familiar with the new head coach and offensive coordinator.

I think this was meant as a "better move your ass cassel," without bringing in any legitimate competition.

DaFace
I'm not HAPPY that Quinn is the only one we picked up, but I'm HOPEFUL that he might not suck as bad as everyone thinks he will. I do think he hasn't really been given a fair chance to succeed and that he might be decent if given a real chance.

However, I'd say there's a 10% chance that he ends up being a serviceable NFL QB, a 30% chance that he ends up basically being even with Cassel, and a 60% chance that he sucks donkey balls.

Pestilence
03-22-2012, 11:26 AM
Quinn's other pre-season stats that year:

Week 1: 8 for 14, 120 yards, 1 TD
Week 2: 10 for 16, 130 yards, 1 TD & 1 INT
Week 3: Didn't play
Week 4: 4 for 12, 26 yards, 1 INT

Mile High Mania
03-22-2012, 11:27 AM
If Quinn had been a late draft pick he'd be treated as the second coming of Palko.

However, since he was drafted in the first round he's got to be fo real!!! Despite, not having done anything.

Like I said I think this is more of a push for Cassel. A vet qb, who was drafted by and is familiar with the new head coach and offensive coordinator.

I think this was meant as a "better move your ass cassel," without bringing in any legitimate competition.

Question... which QB do you think is more nervous?

Sanchez with Tebow
Cassel with Quinn

Pestilence
Cassel will never be nervous about competition.

vailpass

I hear you. OTOH every fan deserves to have hope for their offseason acquisitions; we all do it.
And who knows? Anything is possible until proven wrong when the live ammo starts to fly.

Mile High Mania
03-22-2012, 11:28 AM
Quinn's other pre-season stats that year:

Week 1: 8 for 14, 120 yards, 1 TD
Week 2: 10 for 16, 130 yards, 1 TD & 1 INT
Week 3: Didn't play
Week 4: 4 for 12, 26 yards, 1 INT

Tebow would be 4-0 (2 comeback rallies) with that stat line... he'd find a way to win that week 3 game. :D

Okie_Apparition
03-22-2012, 11:29 AM
Earth palm

J Diddy
03-22-2012, 11:29 AM
Question... which QB do you think is more nervous?

Sanchez with Tebow
Cassel with Quinn

Lol, definitely Sanchez. Tebow brings with him an army of fans and a giant movement into a huge market.

the Talking Can
03-22-2012, 11:31 AM
the chiefs think so much of him they gave him a 1 year contract...

J Diddy
03-22-2012, 11:32 AM
I hear you. OTOH every fan deserves to have hope for their offseason acquisitions; we all do it.
And who knows? Anything is possible until proven wrong when the live ammo starts to fly.

This place is the place that hope goes to die in terms of offseason acquisitions.

I love that we have a solid roster, but because we have a game manager instead of a game changer at QB Pioli is horrendous.

J Diddy
03-22-2012, 11:33 AM
the chiefs think so much of him they gave him a 1 year contract...

Watch him come in , light the world on fire and then next year go to fucking oakland or something.

nychief
03-22-2012, 11:34 AM
Zero chance.

Mile High Mania
I still don't understand why they didn't really push for a contract with Orton. That would create some serious competition for Cassel... and I think Orton would win the job, which ... is maybe why Pioli didn't do it.

I like Orton and if he's surrounded with right talent, he can do well. I think he has a very comfortable situation now with Dallas. He's being paid well to backup a QB that is pretty healthy and when needed to step in, they shouldn't miss a beat.

He can relax a bit, enjoy the new baby... live a little.

Rausch
Watch him come in , light the world on fire and then next year go to ****ing oakland or something.

It's not like showing up our starting QB is hard to do...

Epic Fail 007
03-22-2012, 11:36 AM
He does. Crazier things have happened.

I trust my gut and I think this becomes a very successful move for KC.

Assuming Charles is 100%, and with the addition of Hillis, and Winston, I think this offense is going to be pretty damn salty. It's not cool to say that around here, but that's how it looks to me.

Well thats assuming they let him on the field.

Okie_Apparition
03-22-2012, 11:38 AM
Quinn is Daboll's Mike Vrabel

BigChiefFan
03-22-2012, 11:40 AM
Earth palm

:D

melbar
03-22-2012, 11:44 AM
I think I'm cautiously optomistic.

1. I like his dimeanor on the video. Says he was working out with Weiss before free agency.
2. We have Zorn who is considered one of the best QB coaches in the league.
3. Crennel and Daboll saw him when he first got to the league, so they have a nice vision of where he's improved or not.
4. In Denver there were billboards calling for Tebow. I seem to recall them wanting to start him in the playoffs, but there was a fan uproar.
5. Nobody is expecting him to be the starter so, no pressure. Just do your job and prepare as this is also his last real shot.

BigChiefFan
03-22-2012, 11:45 AM
Good Lord. He's a ****ing back-up on a one year deal. Get a grip.

Codered
03-22-2012, 11:46 AM
If Chief fans are holding out hope for Brady Quinn then things have gotten more desperate then I thought!

Bewbies
03-22-2012, 11:46 AM
WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON HERE?

We have people thinking Brady Quinn is anything more than ball sweat, a G is a good value at 11, and people thinking Cassel will be good?

Holy shit you fuckers have lost your minds.

Bewbies
03-22-2012, 11:47 AM
Watch him come in , light the world on fire and then next year go to ****ing oakland or something.

Light the world on fire? ROFL

If he sees the field we are fucked.

Pitt Gorilla
03-22-2012, 11:48 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Nby3aNkk66g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pitt Gorilla
03-22-2012, 11:49 AM
WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON HERE?

We have people thinking Brady Quinn is anything more than ball sweat, a G is a good value at 11, and people thinking Cassel will be good?

Holy shit you ****ers have lost your minds.Eh, we had people that wanted to draft Quinn in the first round.

Big Chief Homer
03-22-2012, 11:50 AM
Elway and Fox thought enough of him to offer him a conract.Which he turned down to come here.

Im hoping he can taken down Cassel,but Im not really optimistic.

I will be rooting for the kid, but like someone else said hes on a 1 year contract.

So, He'll probably have to start half the season because of a Cassel injury.Win a playoff Game then end up in Miami next year.

melbar
03-22-2012, 11:53 AM
We just signed the guy. We're not supposed to discuss? He's the backup and probably the best backup we've had in a while. I dont think anyone is saying he's the QB savior we've been waiting for.

Mile High Mania
03-22-2012, 11:54 AM
Elway and Fox thought enough of him to offer him a conract.Which he turned down to come here.

The guy may lack something upstairs that great QBs have, but I'm sure he thinks he can be great and wants to start... if you're Quinn, why stay in Denver if either Tebow or Manning is the QB?

I doubt they offered him much.

Mile High Mania
03-22-2012, 11:55 AM
We just signed the guy. We're not supposed to discuss? He's the backup and probably the best backup we've had in a while. I dont think anyone is saying he's the QB savior we've been waiting for.

Really?

BigChiefTablet
03-22-2012, 11:57 AM
Really?

Sadly, yes.

Bewbies
03-22-2012, 11:57 AM
Eh, we had people that wanted to draft Quinn in the first round.

Wanting to draft a guy in the first is a lot different than thinking he'll be good after he's proven for years that he isn't.

It's like people who think Cassel is going to all the sudden break out and be good. Fucking maroons.

Bewbies
03-22-2012, 11:58 AM
Really?

Our $60,000,000 franchise QB is probably a better backup. Of course, he has to start. :deevee:

vailpass
03-22-2012, 12:01 PM
I still don't understand why they didn't really push for a contract with Orton. That would create some serious competition for Cassel... and I think Orton would win the job, which ... is maybe why Pioli didn't do it.

I like Orton and if he's surrounded with right talent, he can do well. I think he has a very comfortable situation now with Dallas. He's being paid well to backup a QB that is pretty healthy and when needed to step in, they shouldn't miss a beat.

He can relax a bit, enjoy the new baby... live a little.

Guy I know back in Iowa says Orton didn't want to stay with KC.
I know, I know. Not a verifiable source just putting it out there.

Big Chief Homer
03-22-2012, 12:03 PM
The guy may lack something upstairs that great QBs have, but I'm sure he thinks he can be great and wants to start... if you're Quinn, why stay in Denver if either Tebow or Manning is the QB?

I doubt they offered him much.

True,Im just saying they must not of thought he was the garbage lot of people think he is.

I believe it was 2 mil and the chiefs got him for 1.5mil

Mile High Mania
03-22-2012, 12:05 PM
Guy I know back in Iowa says Orton didn't want to stay with KC.
I know, I know. Not a verifiable source just putting it out there.

3 years for $10.5M... forget what the bonus was, 2012 cap hit is like $900k. Not bad for 2nd fiddle.

vailpass
03-22-2012, 12:06 PM
3 years for $10.5M... forget what the bonus was, 2012 cap hit is like $900k. Not bad for 2nd fiddle.

Thanks Pioli. :D
KC paid him $2.5 million for 3 games

Okie_Apparition
03-22-2012, 12:07 PM
5.9 or perhaps 6.9
Jerrah wanted his Orton

qabbaan
03-22-2012, 12:09 PM
Theres nothing to say about Quinn. He was in two crappy situations as a pro but it sounded like maturity was an issue too.

I fully support him in his efforts to be better than Cassel and win the job.

Cassel has had plenty of opportunity to get his act together and hasn't. Quinn played regularly for one year on a pathetic team.

Don't expect much from either but it should be an open competition starting now.

TEX
03-22-2012, 12:09 PM
I just watched the video of Brady being interviewed on Chiefs.com and I wonder if this situation might just work out for KC and Quinn. As we all know, QB is a position that you grow into in the NFL, and it takes some guys longer than others to get comfortable. Brady seems like a mature guy now who has been knocked around by life enough to be realistic about the NFL.

There are examples of guys who start off cold at QB and then go to the right situation and really blossom. Rich Gannon was no better than average when he split time with Sean Salisbury in Minnesota. Dude ended up being a Pro Bowl QB years later.

I just have a hunch about Quinn. He's going to a new team, but the OC is familiar, Romeo is familiar, and the QB situation is there for the taking.

Career backup - just like Cassel. Big on heart - small on talent.

Coogs
03-22-2012, 12:16 PM
Career backup - just like Cassel. Big on heart - small on talent.

Maybe! Again, he got his career off to a real bad start by holding out nearly 2 weeks. Agents fault? :shrug: And then the 3 years with the Browns was a real cluster fuck from the top down. Go read up on what all happened there from 2007-2009. You can't hardly make up crap like that if you tried. BUT... bottom line, the 2 week hold out really hurt Quinn's career.

Okie_Apparition
03-22-2012, 12:17 PM
The Quinn has heart is one I've not heard before

MTG#10
03-22-2012, 12:18 PM
We'll never know unless Cassel gets hurt again.

BigChiefTablet
03-22-2012, 12:20 PM
Theres nothing to say about Quinn. He was in two crappy situations as a pro but it sounded like maturity was an issue too.

I fully support him in his efforts to be better than Cassel and win the job.

Cassel has had plenty of opportunity to get his act together and hasn't. Quinn played regularly for one year on a pathetic team.

Don't expect much from either but it should be an open competition starting now.

I'll go along with this. Not expecting it to happen, but unless your name is Palko, I would rather see just about anyone other than White Castle on the field.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-22-2012, 12:26 PM
Where is the photoshopped pic of Quinn as a Chief?!?

Big Chief Homer
03-22-2012, 12:26 PM
We'll never know unless Cassel gets hurt again.

realistically, thats the only way we are gonna get rid of capt. checkdown.

BoneKrusher
03-22-2012, 12:27 PM
I read somewhere that Brady Quinn is the next Len Dawson

i read somewhere that Brady Quinn choked vs the better teams when he played at ND.

Marcellus
03-22-2012, 12:29 PM

I take it you didn't actually read the story since he didn't rip Tebow. Media types love people like you.

Marcellus
03-22-2012, 12:33 PM

I thought it was fairly common knowledge that Quinn was the #2 guy early in the season but all of the Tebow mania caused Fox and Elway to throw Tebow out there to make a fool of him and shut up the fans and it backfired.

Many people in the media who follow Denver stated Quinn had outplayed Tebow in every aspect during TC, preseason, and practice. I have heard this many times during last season and recently.

But hey go with your theories.

Chiefnj2
03-22-2012, 12:34 PM
I take it you didn't actually read the story since he didn't rip Tebow. Media types love people like you.

Why did Quinn apologize for making the statements if he said nothing wrong?

Marcellus
03-22-2012, 12:35 PM
Why did Quinn apologize for making the statements if he said nothing wrong?

Did you read the article?

Mr_Tomahawk
03-22-2012, 12:36 PM

Apparently not.

Big Chief Homer
03-22-2012, 12:37 PM
He never really apologized. He said he called Tebow to explain that they cut up the interview to make it look like he was ripping Tebow.

Codered
03-22-2012, 12:38 PM
Although Tebow did an impressive job finding ways to win late in the game ... Out playing Tebow as a NFL Quarterback isn't really anything to brag about.

Chiefnj2
03-22-2012, 12:40 PM

Yes, the GQ article where Quinn is quoted as saying:

Quinn: If you look at it as a whole, there's a lot of things that just don't seem very humble to me. When I get that opportunity, I'll continue to lead not necessarily by trying to get in front of the camera and praying but by praying with my teammates, you know?

Read More http://www.gq.com/sports/profiles/201203/tim-tebow-oral-history-gq-march-2012-broncos-football#ixzz1ps9PahuM

listopencil
03-22-2012, 12:43 PM

But he hasn't been one.

The big question is why?

The game never "slowed down" enough for him. Tends to be indecisive. He has all the physical tools but lacks the football IQ and mentality to make use of them. Does not appear to be an effective leader. Could be a maturity issue, but his age suggests that these are major character flaws rather than workable issues.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-22-2012, 12:44 PM
Brady Quinn “disappointed” with “completely inaccurate portrayal”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/21/brady-quinn-disappointed-with-completely-inaccurate-portrayal/

There were a lot of interesting quotes in Mike Silver’s hilariously titled Year of Magical Stinking article about Tim Tebow in the latest GQ. Brady Quinn’s comments about Tebow’s humility have attracted the most attention.

I thought it was refreshing to hear a player speak honestly for once, but Quinn isn’t enjoying the sudden attention. Quinn backpedaled Tuesday on Twitter faster than Blaine Gabbert on a 13-step drop.

“The comments attributed to me in a recent magazine article are in NO WAY reflective of my opinion of Tim and the Broncos,” Quinn wrote. “Tim deserves a lot of credit for our success and I’m happy for him and what he accomplished. Most importantly, he is a great teammate.

“That interview was conducted three months ago, and the resulting story was a completely inaccurate portrayal of my comments. I have addressed my disappointment with the writer and have reached out to Tim to clear this up. I apologize to anyone who feels I was trying to take anything away from our team’s or Tim’s success this season.”

At least Quinn didn’t say he was misquoted. Because he wasn’t misquoted. He said what he said. Part of what Quinn said pointed out some aspects of Tebow’s leadership style that rubbed him the wrong way. Big deal. Why does it matter if he said the quotes three months ago or last week?

Before Quinn complained publicly, Silver tried to point out that Quinn’s words weren’t supposed to come off as bitter.

“The people ripping [Quinn] 4 his comments in GQ have it wrong. He was honest and not bitter at all. We talked for 50 minutes and he was respectful. . . . He was put in a uniquely weird position that would have rattled most quarterbacks. I thought he handled it well. He’s a standup guy,” Silver wrote.

We didn’t think Quinn’s quotes were that offensive in the first place. He said something about his situation and Tebow’s humility that others have surely thought. There was a time in the NFL when players were far more openly critical of their own teammates, much less players on other teams.

This is what happens when adults speak honestly.

(At least that’s what I hear. I can’t wait to be an adult.)

Bump
03-22-2012, 12:59 PM
I dont mind the Quinn pickup, he never got much of a chance and its no risk with a potential for big reward. I havent seen much of him though

Exoter175
03-22-2012, 01:03 PM
we got a first round qb for free!

Didn't it work out that Denver traded Hillis for Quinn and one of them gave up a 4th rounder or something like that? And now we have the both of them?

Pitt Gorilla
03-22-2012, 01:04 PM
Quinn still has tools. Hopefully, the coaches/FO give him a chance to develop and use them.

Exoter175
03-22-2012, 01:15 PM
Quinn still has tools. Hopefully, the coaches/FO give him a chance to develop and use them.

I've always been a fan of two flops, Quinn and Leinart. I will always root for these two to somehow make things work in the NFL and recover from their slow starts. I hope that's the case with Quinn here.

Pestilence
03-22-2012, 01:35 PM
i read somewhere that Brady Quinn choked vs the better teams when he played at ND.

:spock:

Mile High Mania
03-22-2012, 02:56 PM
Didn't it work out that Denver traded Hillis for Quinn and one of them gave up a 4th rounder or something like that? And now we have the both of them?

Yes, one of McDaniels' brilliant moves... trade a 4th rounder for Quinn and 'throw in Hillis' to make it a nice deal. Hillis and a R4 for Spare Quinn...

Chiefnj2
03-22-2012, 02:59 PM
:spock:

Didn't they lose their bowl games with him - Fiesta against Ohio and Sugar against LSU?

Exoter175
03-22-2012, 03:32 PM
Yes, one of McDaniels' brilliant moves... trade a 4th rounder for Quinn and 'throw in Hillis' to make it a nice deal. Hillis and a R4 for Spare Quinn...

And we end up with both of them, a former HC, and OC.

Patrots West, Cleveland South.

HemiEd
03-22-2012, 03:40 PM

Especially with all he fan pressure. They can say what they want, but I believe the fan pressure is what got Tebow the starting job.

Pestilence
03-22-2012, 03:45 PM
Didn't they lose their bowl games with him - Fiesta against Ohio and Sugar against LSU?

So now the bowl game losses are on him?

And FTR.....Notre Dame lost a shit ton of bowl games in a row.

Messier
03-22-2012, 03:46 PM
I remember hearing reports from Broncos TC that Quinn was the best QB in camp by far (even Orton) and that he was making Tebow expendable. Then suddenly Tebow jumps Quinn on the depth chart for no reason other than he's Tebow.

NJChiefsFan
03-22-2012, 03:48 PM
I really don't know what to think of Brady Quinn. I didn't really watch him in Cleveland. I certainly can't judge his results after the fact with the players he had and the situation he was in. Now the media coverage of his starting, benched, starting, benched, cut paints a pretty bad image over time. For that reason my gut reaction just puts me in a negative place.

Add to all of that the points that KC never develops QBs, it comes off as Pioli protecting Cassel, and this being his third team already, just gives a bad feeling. Now I wouldn't rule out a guy like him doing well in the right spot, but I certainly don't want to spend two years giving him that shot. Same thing with Stanzi. I would have a little more patience with Stanzi if he was to start this year and showed promise, but I just don't want to pass on a QB next year just because Quinn or Stanzi show a spark this year. They would need to show something serious. I don't mean it has to be a playoff win or anything like that, but just showing the ability to get better and make the plays/decisions needed by a legit QB.

Problem of course is we won't even get the chance to see one of them play out that scenario. Next year we will be left with Cassel, who probably has a decent year protected by this talent, and two QBs who have question marks about them. No answers will be given. Makes you almost fear they would go yet another year without drafting one, thinking they still need to see what the talent on the roster can do.

vailpass
03-22-2012, 04:24 PM
I remember hearing reports from Broncos TC that Quinn was the best QB in camp by far (even Orton) and that he was making Tebow expendable. Then suddenly Tebow jumps Quinn on the depth chart for no reason other than he's Tebow.

You should probably have those voices in your head examined.

Bewbies
03-22-2012, 04:27 PM
People that think Quinn is good, or didn't get a chance are homers of the highest order. He sucked bad enough in Cleveland--FUCKING CLEVELAND--that they dumped him. Denver dumped him. He couldn't beat out run run run punt Tebow.

The guy sucks. Hoping for him to be anything other than your 3rd string QB clipboard holder is retarded.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-22-2012, 04:30 PM
People that think Quinn is good, or didn't get a chance are homers of the highest order. He sucked bad enough in Cleveland--****ING CLEVELAND--that they dumped him. Denver dumped him. He couldn't beat out run run run punt Tebow.

The guy sucks. Hoping for him to be anything other than your 3rd string QB clipboard holder is retarded.

Who were his primary weapons in Cleveland?

And I believe Denver didn't dump him...he just didn't sign the new contract their and took less here.

Not expecting much of anything from him...but I buy the "he has been in shitty situations" argument.

Bewbies
03-22-2012, 04:48 PM
Who were his primary weapons in Cleveland?

And I believe Denver didn't dump him...he just didn't sign the new contract their and took less here.

Not expecting much of anything from him...but I buy the "he has been in shitty situations" argument.

I believe Quinn had Braylon Edwards and Winslow, yes?

Name all the QB's that were in shitty situations that turned into a stud on their 3rd team. I'll wait.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-22-2012, 04:51 PM

Name all the QB's that were in shitty situations that turned into a stud on their 3rd team. I'll wait.

Len Dawson.

Thig Lyfe
03-22-2012, 04:52 PM
Len Dawson.

BOOM!!!!!!!!!!

Bewbies
03-22-2012, 04:54 PM
Len Dawson.

Any others? ROFL

In 40 some odd years I'd think you could do better than that.

Fritz88
03-22-2012, 04:55 PM
http://i.imgur.com/o4fkx.jpg

Coogs
03-22-2012, 04:57 PM

No. Stallworth had the traffic thing. Winslow got traded. As did Edwards early, all during Quinn's 3rd year in Cleveland. That was really the only year Quinn got to play there.

Big Chief Homer
03-22-2012, 04:58 PM
Any others? ROFL

Rich Gannon

Trent Green (not Hall of fame but adequate)sp.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-22-2012, 04:58 PM
Any others? ROFL

Do you want me to wipe your ass too...?

...do your own research pillowbiter.

Pestilence
03-22-2012, 05:11 PM
No. Stallworth had the traffic thing. Winslow got traded. As did Edwards early, all during Quinn's 3rd year in Cleveland. That was really the only year Quinn got to play there.

Seriously....this was his career in Cleveland.

After leading the Browns to a 10-6 record, Derek Anderson was named the starting quarterback for the 2008 season, leaving Quinn on the sidelines once again. However, after a mediocre 3–5 start by the team, coach Sam Barrick chose Quinn to be the starting quarterback for the Browns' game against the Denver Broncos.[38] Though he played quite well, and helped the Browns build a two-touchdown lead into the third quarter, the Broncos rallied back to win, ruining Quinn's first official start. However, he went on to win the next game against the Buffalo Bills. Unfortunately, he also broke his finger during this victory, and though he tried to play through it during the next game against the Houston Texans, he announced on November 25 that he would have surgery, sidelining him for the rest of the 2008 season.[39] The Browns would go on to lose their last 6 games of the season and end with a dismal 4–12 record.

Soon after the season was over, Romeo Crennel was fired as Cleveland's head coach. He was replaced by former New York Jets' coach Eric Mangini, who was unsure of who would be the Browns's starting quarterback. Thus, a competition for the starting job between Quinn and Anderson occurred throughout the offseason. Since he had only started in 3 games at that point, Quinn was still considered "unproven" in the NFL. Four days before the Browns's 2009 opener, it was announced that Quinn would be the starter. Quinn continued to be the Browns' starter until Game 3 against the Baltimore Ravens, when he was benched at halftime in favor of Anderson, after a poor performance. The following week, Mangini decided to make Anderson the starter. Quinn did not see action again until Week 8, when he was brought in with three minutes to go in a 30–6 loss against the Chicago Bears. As the Browns headed into their bye week, it was not indicated who would be starting for the rest of the season. However, it was announced five days before their Week 10, Monday Night Football game against the Baltimore Ravens that Quinn was once again being awarded the starting quarterback position. Eric Mangini indicated that Quinn's continued hard work, determination, and growth, even while sitting on the bench, were major factors in his decision to give Brady the position back. Though he struggled in his first game back, as the Browns were shut out 16–0, Quinn followed it up in Week 11 with his best professional outing yet, throwing for 304 yards with 4 touchdowns against the Detroit Lions. The Browns later defeated the rival Pittsburgh Steelers, Quinn's first win of 2009 as the starting quarterback. The next week the Browns defeated the Kansas City Chiefs 41–34. Quinn's numbers were a pedestrian 10–17 for 66 yards and 2 interceptions. On December 22, the Browns placed Quinn on Injured Reserve for the last 2 games of the season with a foot injury.[40]

On March 14, 2010, Quinn was traded to the Denver Broncos in exchange for Peyton Hillis, a 6th round pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, and a conditional late-round pick in the 2012 NFL Draft. Quinn competed at quarterback with Broncos' incumbent Kyle Orton. He began the regular season second on the depth chart, behind Orton, and did not play in any game in 2010.

Pestilence
03-22-2012, 05:14 PM
So.....2008 he comes in and does decent but gets injured. He's named the starter by Crennel....who is then fired. In 2009, Mangini fucks around and eventually names Quinn the starter. 3 games in ....Mangini benches him for Anderson. Week 8...Quinn is back in as the starter....and he wins a couple of games before he gets injured again. In 2010...he's traded.

Yeah.....sounds like he got a fair chance in Cleveland. :rolleyes:

Exoter175
03-22-2012, 05:16 PM
Any others? ROFL

How about 4th, 5th, or 6th teams? Can we go there, or is it JUST 3rd team nonsense?

Bewbies
03-22-2012, 05:17 PM
LMAO

You people are fucking hilarious. Dream on bitches, from realityville the rest of the world can see he sucks.

ChiefsCountry
Any others? ROFL

Jim Plunkett
Steve Young if you count the Usfl
Posted via Mobile Device

xztop12
Kyle Orton got thrown into a starting role and helped KC beat one of the better teams in nfl history

Bewbies
03-22-2012, 05:22 PM
Kyle Orton got thrown into a starting role and helped KC beat one of the better teams in nfl history

With this logic KC has had some of the better teams in NFL history.

Exoter175
03-22-2012, 05:25 PM
Jim Plunkett
Steve Young if you count the Usfl
Posted via Mobile Device

Doug Flutie took the bills to the playoffs. (8th by non collegiate career,4th NFL team by rights, 3rd by roster)
Vinny Testaverde took the Jets to the playoffs twice (4th team)

And Warren Moon if you count his CFL stint.

Exoter175
03-22-2012, 05:26 PM
Oh, and HOW DARE WE FORGET RICH GANNON

prhom
03-22-2012, 05:28 PM
Any others? ROFL

http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/436/cef/5b9/resized/sean-meme-generator-it-s-the-only-argument-i-need-9ca1fe.jpg?1312338949.jpg

okcchief
03-22-2012, 06:05 PM
Quinn/Stanzi > Cassel

I really hope Cassel gets hurt in preseason and their hand is fucking forced.

Setsuna
03-22-2012, 08:11 PM

He failed hard in the last preseason game. We all know Elway wanted nothing to do with Tebow, he would have wanted nothing more than to make Tim 3rd string, but Quinn dropped the ball that game and would never be considered again.

Extra Point
03-22-2012, 08:18 PM
I'm going to read the brianfo thread for a good cheer-up.

KCBOSS1
03-22-2012, 08:53 PM
They just signed themselves an easy fill in if Cassel tanks again, which I believe Crennel thinks he will. I think Pioli is ego blind concerning Cassel which makes me think that we are stuck with poor judgement ego for a while like we were with King Carl.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-24-2012, 09:08 AM
oops...

gimme a minute...

Mr_Tomahawk
03-24-2012, 09:12 AM
Prior to signing with KC, Quinn worked out with Weis.

Do you think Weis encouraged Quinn to head to KC where Weis was familiar with the QB situation? Does Weis know more about the QB situation than we think even a year removed from the organization? Maybe Weis knows that Quinn CAN beat Cassel out and that the starting role isn't as set in stone as many of us percieve it to be....hmmmm. Why would Weis send his beloved ND QB, who wants to start, to a team where the starting role has already been decided....

:hmmm:

BoneKrusher
03-24-2012, 09:18 AM
Quinn/Stanzi > Cassel

I really hope Cassel gets hurt in preseason and their hand is ****ing forced.

hate to admit it but i agree.

Bewbies
03-24-2012, 09:51 AM

Do you think Weis encouraged Quinn to head to KC where Weis was familiar with the QB situation? Does Weis know more about the QB situation than we think even a year removed from the organization? Maybe Weis knows that Quinn CAN beat Cassel out and that the starting role isn't as set in stone as many of us percieve it to be....hmmmm. Why would Weis send his beloved ND QB, who wants to start, to a team where the starting role has already been decided....

Puff puff pass.

whoman69
03-24-2012, 12:21 PM

Maybe he knew it was Quinn's only option after speaking against golden Timmy. Brady, you haven't even come close finding out what irrational QB worship is until you've spoken to Scott Pioli. If you ever go to his house, the room with the off limits sign is the Cassel room. Scott goes there to relax and think about all things Cassel.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-26-2012, 11:04 AM
• One of the reasons the Chiefs were so aggressive in pursuing QB Brady Quinn in free agency is his familiarity with the team's coaching staff. Head coach Romeo Crennel held the same role with the Browns in 2008 when Quinn was a first-round pick and made three starts, and offensive coordinator Brian Daboll worked in Cleveland in '09, when Quinn started nine games. “One of the biggest things for me was my comfort level in Coach Crennel, having been drafted by him, as well as playing under Brian Daboll,” Quinn said. “I know (Daboll’s) system, have worked with him before, and I really enjoyed my experience with him.”

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2012/03/24/can-wimbley-energize-titans-pass-rush

Ebolapox
03-26-2012, 11:08 AM
You should probably have those voices in your head examined.

no, there were articles out there, man. it was quite the hilarity.

BoneKrusher
03-26-2012, 11:26 AM
• One of the reasons the Chiefs were so aggressive in pursuing QB Brady Quinn in free agency is his familiarity with the team's coaching staff.

or it may be because Pioli wanted to protect his Boy Cassel:

Chiefs | Brady Quinn unlikely to push for starting role
Sun, 18 Mar 2012 01:30:06 -0700
The Kansas City Chiefs seemed like they wanted to add competition for QB Matt Cassel this offseason, but the signing of Brady Quinn is unlikely to provide that. Quinn has not played a regular season game during the past two seasons. He does, however, have history with head coach Romeo Crennel from their time together in Cleveland in 2007. Quinn does give the team some stability as a backup quarterback, an area the team has struggled at in recent seasons.

no competition for Castle.

htismaqe
03-26-2012, 11:46 AM
I'll take "IS OUR ONLY HOPE" for $600, Alex...

BoneKrusher
03-26-2012, 12:24 PM

who is Brady Quinn? :D

whoman69
03-26-2012, 12:46 PM

who is Brady Quinn? :D

Wrong, I'm sorry the answer should be "who is Ricky Stanzi, yeah Ricky Stanzi." htismaqe you still control the board. Selection please.

Dave Lane
03-26-2012, 12:55 PM
Wrong, I'm sorry the answer should be "who is Ricky Stanzi, yeah Ricky Stanzi." htismaqe you still control the board. Selection please.

Persons who hold naked pictures of Scott Pioli with farm animals for $600 please.

htismaqe
03-26-2012, 01:04 PM

"CAREER-ENDING INJURIES" for $200!

BoneKrusher
03-26-2012, 01:21 PM
Persons who hold naked pictures of Scott Pioli with farm animals for $600 please.

Who Is Mark Castle? ROFL

BoneKrusher
03-26-2012, 01:21 PM
"CAREER-ENDING INJURIES" for $200!

Who Is Peyton Manning?

BigChiefFan
03-26-2012, 01:26 PM
The good news is, we won't be depending on Croyle or players of his caliber, if Cassel should falter. Quinn is a stop-gap, but it is what it is. I think Cassel knows his ass is on the line and has to step up this year or else his shot at being a starter will be all but done. We might even still have a move or two up our sleeves to acquire a QB, but I believe Pioli has plans to get us a QB, this year or next.

Epic Fail 007
03-26-2012, 01:26 PM
But will they let him on the field??

BoneKrusher
03-26-2012, 01:28 PM
But will they let him on the field??

good question.

Start Croyle
03-26-2012, 01:50 PM
Quinn is a player I've always had a gut feeling about! Even back when Herm was the coach, I thought he might be an option!

Who knows what might happen this season! It could be the biggest surprise in the NFL this year!

htismaqe
03-26-2012, 02:54 PM
The good news is, we won't be depending on Croyle or players of his caliber, if Cassel should falter. Quinn is a stop-gap, but it is what it is. I think Cassel knows his ass is on the line and has to step up this year or else his shot at being a starter will be all but done. We might even still have a move or two up our sleeves to acquire a QB, but I believe Pioli has plans to get us a QB, this year or next.

You know, if you look at Matt Cassel's career stats as a starter in KC, there is a BIG silver lining..

2009, Week 1 - DNP
2010, Week 14 - DNP
2011, Weeks 11-17 - DNP

He's all but GUARANTEED to get hurt, even if it means he only misses a couple of games.

tooge
03-26-2012, 04:07 PM
Here is the thing about Quinn. I'm fairly skeptical that he is gonna pan out, but it isn't because he doesn't have the tools. I think that his development may have been stunted or totally screwed by a number of circumstances, from injuries to three coaching changes, to poor offensive weapons. Quinn has actually only played in 14 NFL games. In other words, in real game speed experience, he is still a rookie. Throw in the three different coaches and systems, and he is a rookie experience wise that didn't have any consistency at all. If you look at Peyton Mannings rookie year and compare the two, you get this:

Comp % TD INT Rating
Quinn 52 10 9 66
Manning 56 26 28 71

Now, I'm not saying that Quinn is or will ever be even close to Manning, but just using the fact that his experience in NFL games dictates that he isn't going to be all that great. I'm hoping that with correct weapons and a chance, he can become a decent QB, but I'm not counting on it.

BoneKrusher
03-26-2012, 04:49 PM
Here is the thing about Quinn. I'm fairly skeptical that he is gonna pan out, but it isn't because he doesn't have the tools. I think that his development may have been stunted or totally screwed by a number of circumstances, from injuries to three coaching changes, to poor offensive weapons. Quinn has actually only played in 14 NFL games. In other words, in real game speed experience, he is still a rookie. Throw in the three different coaches and systems, and he is a rookie experience wise that didn't have any consistency at all. If you look at Peyton Mannings rookie year and compare the two, you get this:

Comp % TD INT Rating
Quinn 52 10 9 66
Manning 56 26 28 71

Now, I'm not saying that Quinn is or will ever be even close to Manning, but just using the fact that his experience in NFL games dictates that he isn't going to be all that great. I'm hoping that with correct weapons and a chance, he can become a decent QB, but I'm not counting on it.

yeah i agree.
@ least it gives us Hope.

Omaha
03-26-2012, 04:51 PM

No. Fat.

lcarus
03-26-2012, 05:40 PM
I'm gonna TRY to be optimistic for once. I say give him a shot. I've had enough of Cassel that I'm willing to give even Brady Quinn a chance.

beach tribe
03-26-2012, 07:48 PM
The emergence of Brady Quinn would make for a great "feel good" story in the NFL.

One can dream eh'.

saphojunkie
03-26-2012, 07:51 PM

I love that people somehow assume Stanzi is going to be better than Quinn.

Was it that he didn't fall to the SIXTH round?

Jeez.

Canofbier
03-26-2012, 07:52 PM
No. Fat.

Other twelve-year-old girls, though? :dom:

O.city
03-26-2012, 08:01 PM
I'm no expert on ND football, but someone who is could fill us in on this.

Apparently the guy had some kind of talent. I mean he was a first round draft pick at one point. I think alot of success in the NFL depends on situation. Maybe this is the right one for the guy.

We can hope.

beach tribe
03-26-2012, 08:03 PM

Jeez.

5th but yeah.

threebag02
03-26-2012, 08:03 PM
Ya cause holding a clip board behind fucking The Matt Cassel is so glamorous.

O.city
03-26-2012, 08:04 PM
Is there any way the guy could actually beat out Cassel in TC?

threebag02
No Piolio is still the GM

Setsuna

Jeez.

He has what Brady Quinn doesn't. Intangibles. And a second to none respect for Amurica.

rico
03-26-2012, 08:16 PM
The emergence of Brady Quinn would make for a great "feel good" story in the NFL.

One can dream eh'.

Sometimes I think the "feel good" component of Cassel's story has been instrumental in keeping him afloat.

Coogs
03-26-2012, 08:22 PM
I'm no expert on ND football, but someone who is could fill us in on this.

Apparently the guy had some kind of talent. I mean he was a first round draft pick at one point. I think alot of success in the NFL depends on situation. Maybe this is the right one for the guy.

We can hope.

Quinn's held out for nearly 2 weeks his rookie season before he signed his contract. Big mistake.

Since he missed too much camp to have a chance to start, Anderson took full advantage of the situation, and posted a big season for the Browns.

Anderson was in the last year of his contract, and was a free agent the next season. Browns had to make a decision, and decided to resign Anderson to a fairly big contract. Since they paid him the money, Anderson was the front runner in Quinn's 2nd year as well. Anderson sucked in year 2. Everyone got fired (Crennel).

New GM/coach his 3rd year in Cleveland... who didn't draft Quinn. 'nuff said.

On to Denver... who proceeds to bring in Tebow in the 1st round. 'nuff said again.

Dude has had a lot of things go against him in the NFL... a lot of it caused by the holdout. Maybe this is the break he needed, as many said he was the best QB in Denver last preseason... including Orton. And we all know Orton did more here than Cassel ever did.

So you never know, maybe this is the right situation.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-26-2012, 08:25 PM
Quinn's held out for nearly 2 weeks his rookie season before he signed his contract. Big mistake.

Since he missed too much camp to have a chance to start, Anderson took full advantage of the situation, and posted a big season for the Browns.

Anderson was in the last year of his contract, and was a free agent the next season. Browns had to make a decision, and decided to resign Anderson to a fairly big contract. Since they paid him the money, Anderson was the front runner in Quinn's 2nd year as well. Anderson sucked in year 2. Everyone got fired (Crennel).

On to Denver... who proceeds to bring in Tebow in the 1st round. 'nuff said again.

Dude has had a lot of things go against him in the NFL... a lot of it caused by the holdout. Maybe this is the break he needed, as many said he was the best QB in Denver last preseason... including Orton. And we all know Orton did more here than Cassel ever did.

This.

mcaj22
03-26-2012, 08:33 PM

and you know what he has going against him in KC?

Matt Cassel/Scott Pioli. 'nuff said

so again his career follows the same theme you just laid out

O.city
03-26-2012, 08:34 PM
I just think it's all about situations in the NFL, and really all pro sports. Damn near everything has to be a good fit for players to be successful.

Of course there are some exceptions.

However, alot of qb's are given up on too soon. They aren't given very many guys around them and teams are in win now modes to often.

O.city
03-26-2012, 08:35 PM
Well, Crennel did draft him in the first round. Crennel doesn't seem to be sold on Cassel.

Last I checked he is the one making the decisions on who plays.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-26-2012, 08:37 PM
Well, Crennel did draft him in the first round. Crennel doesn't seem to be sold on Cassel.

Last I checked he is the one making the decisions on who plays.

Oh my delusional friend...

O.city
03-26-2012, 08:38 PM
From all we have heard of Crennel, I can't see him trotting Cassel back out there without him showing him something.

Of course I am an optimist.

Coogs
03-26-2012, 08:55 PM

This does appear to be in his favor.

Again, Quinn hurt himself with the holdout his rookie season with Crennel.

But Crennel must have seen something he liked in Quinn, as he put him in as the starter in week 10 of Quinn's 2nd season, and he led the Browns to 30 points. In his 2nd game, the Browns put 29 points on the board and a win. BUT... Quinn broke his right index finger during that game. He tried to QB the next game, but did not fare well. He was out for the season after that game to get the finger healed.

Just maybe, Crennel saw enough that he liked during that short time together in Cleveland, and that is why he is here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Cleveland_Browns_season

philfree
03-26-2012, 09:01 PM
Just stop it already. You guys are about to give me some kind of false hope about Quinn. I don't need that.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-26-2012, 09:03 PM
Just stop it already. You guys are about to give me some kind of false hope about Quinn. I don't need that.

C'mon....drink it...

BossChief
03-26-2012, 09:04 PM
Quinn is garbage, but so is Cassel.

The only guy we dont know if he is or isnt garbage yet is Stanzi.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-26-2012, 09:05 PM

Part of this is true...we know Cassel is garbage.

-King-
03-26-2012, 09:08 PM
Oh my delusional friend...

I agree with him. Proof: Palko.

Tombstone RJ
03-26-2012, 09:12 PM
you guys are right, Quinn rocks. nothing to see here, move along...

Bewbies
03-26-2012, 09:14 PM
Part of this is true...we know Cassel is garbage.

We know Quinn is garbage too. ROFL

-King-
03-26-2012, 09:19 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/u3L2_Z2V2tg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BossChief
03-26-2012, 09:20 PM
We would be better off with Thigpen.

whoman69
03-26-2012, 09:23 PM

Jeez.

Quinn has already proved his suck. 52.1 career completion %, rating 66.8.

O.city
03-26-2012, 09:27 PM
This all goes back to situation stuff. Put Matt Ryan in Quinns situation. Would he have fared that much better?

I'm not speculating one way or another, but it does beg for debating (it is the offseason, what else do we have to talk about).

The only qbs who, IMO, can take really no name wr's and win big games are the tippy top of the elites. Hell i'd even argue that those guys have talent around them that are pretty good.

O.city
03-26-2012, 09:34 PM
I'm just reaching for something.

Quinn was good at ND, but he has been shit in the NFL. Maybe he can turn the corner here. I dunno.

He did start for four successful years at a major college, where he set alot of passing records.

Something our starting franchise quarterback didn't do.

Tombstone RJ
03-26-2012, 09:38 PM
This all goes back to situation stuff. Put Matt Ryan in Quinns situation. Would he have fared that much better?

I'm not speculating one way or another, but it does beg for debating (it is the offseason, what else do we have to talk about).

The only qbs who, IMO, can take really no name wr's and win big games are the tippy top of the elites. Hell i'd even argue that those guys have talent around them that are pretty good.

If your point is that taking a QB in the first round is more of a crap shoot than science you are right IMHO. Why a guy like Ryan works out and Quinn doesn't is weird. Quinn had great mechanics in college, he looked the part but for whatever reason, he just has not been able to get any playing time.

O.city
03-26-2012, 09:41 PM
I think alot of it is mental stability and drive. I think alot of guys have played football so long, when they hit the league and get the check it's time to relax and enjoy life.

Maybe not so much for qbs, but alot of players.

Like I said, I think it's alot about situations and the people around them.

Tombstone RJ
03-26-2012, 09:50 PM
I think alot of it is mental stability and drive. I think alot of guys have played football so long, when they hit the league and get the check it's time to relax and enjoy life.

Maybe not so much for qbs, but alot of players.

Like I said, I think it's alot about situations and the people around them.

I think it's definitely mental because a guy like Quinn has the physical tools to succeed in the NFL. However, his mind simply cannot process the data quickly enough. In other words, he cannot see the field, or the play, quickly enough mentally, to make the throws in the NFL.

The great QBs don't have to necessarily have big arms, they just have to put the ball in the right spot at the right time and that takes the right mental make up. The game comes more naturally to these guys, they don't panic, they have nerves of steel. It's more than cerebral too, although that helps. Its an ability to not only make the play happen physically but also mentally where you are ahead of the other guys around you.

rocknrolla
03-26-2012, 09:54 PM
IMO. If this is Pioli's last year on his contract. The best QB will be on the field. Ego aside, if he wants to keep his job.
Posted via Mobile Device

O.city
03-26-2012, 09:57 PM
I think it's definitely mental because a guy like Quinn has the physical tools to succeed in the NFL. However, his mind simply cannot process the data quickly enough. In other words, he cannot see the field, or the play, quickly enough mentally, to make the throws in the NFL.

The great QBs don't have to necessarily have big arms, they just have to put the ball in the right spot at the right time and that takes the right mental make up. The game comes more naturally to these guys, they don't panic, they have nerves of steel. It's more than cerebral too, although that helps. Its an ability to not only make the play happen physically but also mentally where you are ahead of the other guys around you.

Yeah pretty spot on.

I think Quinn has all the tools. It's just a mental thing. Problem is, physical tools can be fixed or overcome.

Mental problems can be, but its alot tougher.

rocknrolla
03-26-2012, 10:27 PM
Gawd! I wish this was Cassel talking, with a new team.
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief
03-26-2012, 10:50 PM

This is in no way in support of Quinn, I have zero faith in his ability to succeed in the NFL.

What you just described was the game "slowing down" for a quarterback.

It's something that happens with experience.

The first time you go out on an NFL field and see Troy Polomalu break on a pass of yours and take it back...you know that's a play nobody in college is gonna make. The first time you see exotic coverages and make a mistake, it's a bit shocking and deflating.

There are tons of situations that are brand new to new passers coming out of college.

The more you experience them and learn how to beat them, if you have the ability to do so, the better prepared you are to face that situation the next time around...that makes you calm.

There are so many differing styles of play in the NFL defenses that it takes more than two full seasons to get to the point where you are calm when the opposing defenses show you rare looks to try and take advantage of your inexperience.

I think the number is 36 starts of when you can take almost every great quarterback in history and the before and after that point are shocking in comparison. The reasons I gave are Why that is.

At that point the game "slows down" for you because there isn't very much you haven't seen. You are calm and know how to react to those situations without thinking too much.

Some guys learn much faster than others and don't take as long to adapt...others take much longer.

Some guys have the physical tools that allow them to be well ahead of the curve and with some it can mask some of their inadequacies.

Others have to learn quickly because they weren't blessed with special God given tools.

The reason I really don't like Quinn is because he never improved...he looked just as bad in his last couple starts as the first couple. He didn't seem able to beat situations that he had faced previously...in fact, the opposite occured. He regressed and became quick to want to get rid of the ball and made poor decisions.

I don't think he has the mental ability to learn how to defeat certain situations NFL defenses like to put him in...same as Matt Cassel.

The only guy that hasn't shown to be a failure in these respects is Ricky Stanzi.

RustShack
03-27-2012, 12:38 AM
Quinn has already proved his suck. 52.1 career completion %, rating 66.8.

As a rookie on an awful team? Cool story bro.

BossChief
03-27-2012, 12:51 AM
As a rookie on an awful team? Cool story bro.

Try reading things twice before responding and you wouldn't come out looking foolish in the future.

Those numbers were CLEARLY labeled as his career numbers.

He only threw 8 passes as a rookie and completed 3 (37%)

In his second year, he barely completed 50% of his throws

Third year was his best, completing 53% of his throws.

Dude is hot garbage.

Who knows, though...maybe Tebow cured him of his fail.

LiL stumppy
03-27-2012, 01:02 AM
Try reading things twice before responding and you wouldn't come out looking foolish in the future.

Dude is hot garbage.

Put Quinn where Casshole was the past 3 years, same team, just switch them around..

Quin has better stats, I would put money on it.

People are forgetting there is a reason Quinn started in college, and a reason he was drafted, there was a reason Casshole wasn't. It's called talent.

Quin is way more talented than Cashole, it's really simply. Weather he is succesful lies between his head.

Pasta Giant Meatball
03-27-2012, 05:58 AM
There was a reason Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russel, Akili Smith, and Tim Couch started in college and were drafted. Some just can't play at this level no matter how "talented" they were in the college game.

lcarus
03-27-2012, 06:22 AM
There was a reason Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russel, Akili Smith, and Tim Couch started in college and were drafted. Some just can't play at this level no matter how "talented" they were in the college game.

Those guys are out of the league now, so the book's closed on them. Quinn's still has some pages left, just waiting for ink to be placed "BRADY QUINN TAKES KANSAS CITY TO THE SUPER BOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

........that's how desperate I've become.........:shake:

beach tribe
03-27-2012, 06:56 AM

Denver absolutely HAD to find out what they had in TeBow. After a 1-4 start, it was the perfect opportunity to do, and shut the fans up at the same time.
Anyone who thinks differently is just plain fooling themselves.

Chiefnj2
03-27-2012, 07:18 AM
Denver absolutely HAD to find out what they had in TeBow. After a 1-4 start, it was the perfect opportunity to do, and shut the fans up at the same time.
Anyone who thinks differently is just plain fooling themselves.

No they didn't. Elway never liked or cared for Tebow. If Quinn or Orton really stepped up and played like franchise QB's and won some games people would have been happy going with the hot hand.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-27-2012, 07:21 AM
No they didn't. Elway never liked or cared for Tebow. If Quinn or Orton really stepped up and played like franchise QB's and won some games people would have been happy going with the hot hand.

I don't buy this.

The fans in Denver had already dubbed him their franchise QB before he even stepped on the field.

Chiefnj2
03-27-2012, 07:32 AM
I don't buy this.

The fans in Denver had already dubbed him their franchise QB before he even stepped on the field.

You don't buy the fact that Elway didn't care for Tebow?

Coogs
03-27-2012, 07:34 AM

You guys could be right. He could be garbage. But for right now, I want to believe he is more a victim of being in the wrong place at the wrong time... some of it caused by his own doing. So I am willing to give the guy a chance with a clean slate here.

Now if he can not displace Cassel from the starting lineup, then yes, I would agree he is garbage.

And in the ideal world, Stanzi being the one to take over the starting role would be the best option.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-27-2012, 07:38 AM
You don't buy the fact that Elway didn't care for Tebow?

The fans wanted Tebow. They, nor anyone, could give a shit about how Elway feels. There was too much pressure on Elway to play Tebow. If he would have put Quinn in rather than Tebow...do you think the fans would be happy?

Mr_Tomahawk
03-27-2012, 07:41 AM
When your 4th string QB is #1 in jersey sales....I think there is pressure to play him by those who buy the tickets.

Extra Point
03-27-2012, 07:42 AM
The fans wanted Tebow. They, nor anyone, could give a shit about how Elway feels. There was too much pressure on Elway to play Tebow. If he would have put Quinn in rather than Tebow...do you think the fans would be happy?

Here, we won't cry so much.

Chiefnj2
03-27-2012, 07:47 AM

If Quinn led them to victories and first place in the division, yes the fans would be happy.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-27-2012, 07:48 AM
If Quinn led them to victories and first place in the division, yes the fans would be happy.

When was he suppose to get the chance to do that?

You are missing the point.

BoneKrusher
03-27-2012, 09:01 AM
When was he suppose to get the chance to do that?

probably once Pioli's boner for Cassel wears off.

this is the 4th year.
if it dont go away this season, we should call the Chiefs doctor for a boner lasting more than four years.

Pestilence
03-27-2012, 09:14 AM
I see the same thing is still going on.

Chiefnj2 is still harping on the Tebow aspect and BossChief still thinks that Quinn is garbage and Stanzi is the next Peyton Manning.

BossChief
03-27-2012, 10:00 AM
All I've ever said about Stanzi is that he deserves a chance to fail or show promise.

Shit, I never even said he would have been worth more than a late second rounder and didn't call for him to start till Palko played a half game and Cassel was out.

Truth is, in camp and preseason he was our best qb last year and I think that will ring true once again this year.

I just hope that Quinn isn't to Romeo what Palko was to Haley.

That's all.

Chiefnj2
03-27-2012, 10:01 AM
I see the same thing is still going on.

Chiefnj2 is still harping on the Tebow aspect and BossChief still thinks that Quinn is garbage and Stanzi is the next Peyton Manning.

...and Pestilence comes in to defend ND QBs.

Pestilence
03-27-2012, 10:03 AM
http://blog.wtfconcept.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/wario-troll-face.jpg

Mile High Mania
03-27-2012, 10:04 AM

Here's the deal... none of us will know what went into the decision making process. I doubt seriously that they bent and went with Tebow to appease the fans or because they thought that would be their best path to get the #1 overall draft pick.

Something tells me that they didn't view Quinn as 'that much' different than Orton, so why go with a lesser version of what they currently had starting?

Elway and company were not personally tied to any of the 3 QBs... they had no vested interest really in any of them excelling over the other because they weren't "their guys". I'm sure Tebow was the one that they least wanted or expected to excel.

If there was any consideration to what the fans wanted - I would be surprised to think it was that big of a factor, to be totally honest. I'm sure they went into thinking "Ok, this will fail and we'll either go back to Orton or say we'll let the season die with Quinn".

Yes, there was certainly great pressure to start Tebow, but I don't for one second believe the decision was made because of that pressure.

Pestilence
03-27-2012, 10:06 AM
It boils down to three things happening.

1. Cassel fails miserably and Quinn succeeds.
2. Cassel and Quinn both fail miserably and Stanzi succeeds.
3. All three suck complete ass and we draft a QB next year.

ChiefRocka
03-27-2012, 10:15 AM
probably once Pioli's boner for Cassel wears off.

this is the 4th year.
if it dont go away this season, we should call the Chiefs doctor for a boner lasting more than four years.

why not just save yourself the time & money and call the BoneKrusher?

MahiMike
03-27-2012, 10:16 AM

He was, sadly.

MahiMike
03-27-2012, 10:17 AM
It boils down to three things happening.

3. All three suck complete ass and we draft a QB next year.

This. Problem is, we go 10-6 and draft in the 20's. Get 4th best QB in the draft.

Chiefnj2
03-27-2012, 10:22 AM
Funny/sad article from Cleveland in December 2009:

"I think Brady Quinn’s performance proves that his development has been stunted by playing under OC’s and HC’s who were ill equipped to handle or groom someone like him.

Make no mistake, Brady Quinn is an outstanding athlete that can do anything on a football field that pretty much anyone else can.

However, when you’re playing under a guy like Brian Daboll, who almost seems lost with regard to play calling and how the running and passing games respectively work together, it should come as no surprise that he’s been so mediocre.

Not to mention the trust they’ve (collectively as a staff) shown in him to understand and comprehend the offense is not unlike what the Tom Cable has shown recently to JaMarcus Russell.

Watching Brain Daboll call an offensive series is like watching a Ms. South Carolina acceptance speech. You can’t look at it because it’s embarrassing, yet, you don’t want to look away because you might be surprised and you know exactly what you’re going to see before you see it...complete idiocy.

His handling of Brady Quinn, and really the offense as a whole, has been horrible. And, his inconsistent and predictable play calling isn’t helping anyone, particularly the guy who’s SUPPOSED to be the catalyst for that team in Brady Quinn."

BigChiefFan
03-27-2012, 10:28 AM

"I think Brady Quinn’s performance proves that his development has been stunted by playing under OC’s and HC’s who were ill equipped to handle or groom someone like him.

Make no mistake, Brady Quinn is an outstanding athlete that can do anything on a football field that pretty much anyone else can.

However, when you’re playing under a guy like Brian Daboll, who almost seems lost with regard to play calling and how the running and passing games respectively work together, it should come as no surprise that he’s been so mediocre.

Not to mention the trust they’ve (collectively as a staff) shown in him to understand and comprehend the offense is not unlike what the Tom Cable has shown recently to JaMarcus Russell.

Watching Brain Daboll call an offensive series is like watching a Ms. South Carolina acceptance speech. You can’t look at it because it’s embarrassing, yet, you don’t want to look away because you might be surprised and you know exactly what you’re going to see before you see it...complete idiocy.

His handling of Brady Quinn, and really the offense as a whole, has been horrible. And, his inconsistent and predictable play calling isn’t helping anyone, particularly the guy who’s SUPPOSED to be the catalyst for that team in Brady Quinn."...and, yet, Quinn still signed here. Just some food for thought.

Pestilence
03-27-2012, 10:29 AM
This. Problem is, we go 10-6 and draft in the 20's. Get 4th best QB in the draft.

If all three suck....there is no way we go 10-6.

BoneKrusher
03-27-2012, 11:00 AM
why not just save yourself the time & money and call the BoneKrusher?

yeah i could be the BonerKrusher.

L.A. Chieffan
03-27-2012, 11:01 AM

His handling of Brady Quinn, and really the offense as a whole, has been horrible. And, his inconsistent and predictable play calling isn’t helping anyone, particularly the guy who’s SUPPOSED to be the catalyst for that team in Brady Quinn."

Cassel will make Daboll look good.

Molitoth
03-27-2012, 11:05 AM

I already hate Daboll, along with anyone else who runs a predictable offense.

Coogs
03-27-2012, 11:05 AM
All I've ever said about Stanzi is that he deserves a chance to fail or show promise.

Shit, I never even said he would have been worth more than a late second rounder and didn't call for him to start till Palko played a half game and Cassel was out.

Truth is, in camp and preseason he was our best qb last year and I think that will ring true once again this year.

I just hope that Quinn isn't to Romeo what Palko was to Haley.

That's all.

I don't know about camp, but I agree that Stanzi looked the best in the preseason games. And I do hope that Stanzi gets a shot with the #1s in a preseason game this year like Palko did last season.

Quinn too for that matter. Because if they do, I am sure that at least Stanzi, and possibly Quinn will both show to be better than Cassel.

And even though Cassel is listed as the #1 going in, we may have a true QB competition on our hands.

King_Chief_Fan
03-27-2012, 11:37 AM

yes

Funny how when he was with Denver, this group of yahoos thought Quinn sucked...they were right. He did....and still does. Quinn is not the answer the same as Cassel is not.

htismaqe
03-27-2012, 11:41 AM
...and, yet, Quinn still signed here. Just some food for thought.

Out of options. Nobody else would have him...

BoneKrusher
03-27-2012, 11:42 AM
yes

Funny how when he was with Denver, this group of yahoos thought Quinn sucked...they were right. He did....and still does. Quinn is not the answer the same as Cassel is not.

yep, little did we know when Scott said the Chiefs would bring in competition for Matt that it would be to see which QB sucks the most.

Coogs
03-27-2012, 11:47 AM
yes

I think you will be hard pressed to find any quote from me on Quinn since he was drafted by Cleveland up until he signed with us.

BigMeatballDave
03-27-2012, 11:47 AM

No one thought Orton was The One. Most of us just figured he would be an upgrade over Cassel.

People are hoping for the same with Quinn.

King_Chief_Fan
03-27-2012, 11:48 AM
I think you will be hard presed to find any quote from me on Quinn since he was drafted by Cleveland up until he signed with us.

I guess that means you aren't one of the yahoo's.

Pestilence
03-27-2012, 11:48 AM
Out of options. Nobody else would have him...

He turned down an offer (for more money) with the Broncos.

King_Chief_Fan
03-27-2012, 11:50 AM

he might have thought he would get the chance to beat out Cassel.
I guess he didn't know Pioli is married to Cassel

RustShack
03-27-2012, 11:51 AM

Dude is hot garbage.

Yeah, lets judge a QB after 12 games with an awful team ROFL

RustShack
03-27-2012, 11:54 AM
I already hate Daboll, along with anyone else who runs a predictable offense.

You mean the guy that took Miami to the #11 offense in the NFL over the second half of last season? Lockout year too I might add. And made Moore and Bush look better than anyone else has been able too.

Mile High Mania
03-27-2012, 11:55 AM

Maybe he realizes he has a better chance of beating out Cassell... nobody said the dude was smart, but if he thinks he can play... leaving Denver was a wise choice. I mean, he couldn't beat out Orton and they chose to go Tebow over him...

Brady Quinn has a better career path as a runway model than starting NFL QB.

RustShack
03-27-2012, 11:58 AM
Maybe he realizes he has a better chance of beating out Cassell... nobody said the dude was smart, but if he thinks he can play... leaving Denver was a wise choice. I mean, he couldn't beat out Orton and they chose to go Tebow over him...

Brady Quinn has a better career path as a runway model than starting NFL QB.

Quinn was higher on the depth chart and they only went with Tebow because thats all the fans were chanting. Orton looked like garbage in Denver this last year, but not at all here. They were even making packages for Quinn in the Playoffs to come in because Tebow can't pass like a QB should be able to, but Tebow got lucky again and they never had to use Quinn's packages.

Coogs
03-27-2012, 12:02 PM
I guess that means you aren't one of the yahoo's.

I wouldn't say that! :D

Just not in this case.

Chiefnj2
03-27-2012, 12:13 PM
His highest yearly QB rating of 67 was under Daboll. You don't leave that type of teaching and mentoring.