View Full Version : Chiefs No thread about Belcher?

03-23-2012, 01:32 AM

After devoting the first several days of free agency to their offense, the Chiefs turned their attention to the other side of the ball Thursday.

Starting inside linebacker Jovan Belcher, a restricted free agent, signed a one-year contract with the Chiefs worth $1.927 million. Belcher started all 16 games for the Chiefs last season and was second on the team behind Derrick Johnson in tackles.

I'm pretty excited about this. I mean maybe you could do a little better. But you can't have an all-pro at every position. And there is definitely something to be said for a guy who knows the system, feels comfortable with his teammates, doesn't have to think just react (esp. for a linebacker) etc. I think the upside of who we could get over Belcher isn't that big, and the downside is substantial. I'll take Belcher any day over the Demarrio Williams/Napoleon Harris/random scrub parade.

03-23-2012, 01:33 AM
There was one earlier, no idea where it went. Nevertheless, yay for Belcher. Love the guy.

03-23-2012, 01:37 AM
I searched 2 pages for it. Guess it fell further :(

03-23-2012, 04:20 AM
Hopefully they can sign him to a inexpensive extension during the year. He is a good role player.