PDA

View Full Version : Russ Lande's Mock

Von Dumbass
03-23-2012, 09:00 AM
1 Indianapolis Colts: Andrew Luck*, QB, Stanford.
Despite talk that many feel Robert Griffin should be picked ahead of Luck, NFL sources tell us that there is no debate in the Colts building and they will take Luck.

2 Washington Redskins (From St. Louis): Robert Griffin III*, QB, Baylor.
After making bold move to trade up to second pick the Redskins could not be more excited to have him as their quaterback after seeing Griffin throw at his pro day.

3 Minnesota Vikings: Morris Claiborne*, CB, LSU.
The Vikings no doubt need help on offensive line, but Claiborne is a special cornerback who can upgrade their secondary immediately.

4 Cleveland Browns: Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M.
The Browns public statements supporting Colt McCoy as their quarterback sound too much like the classic “Vote of Confidence” given to a coach, so expect them to draft Tannehill here.

5 Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Trent Richardson*, RB, Alabama. The Buccaneers have upgraded their offense with addition of Vincent Jackson and guard Carl Nicks, so they grab Richardson to upgrade their rushing attack to make Josh Freeman’s job easier.

6 St. Louis Rams (From Washington): Matt Kalil*, OT, USC. The Rams look like geniuses for trading down and still getting Kalil to protect Bradford’s blind side.

7 Jacksonville Jaguars: Justin Blackmon*, WR, Oklahoma State.
Jacksonville was planning on drafting a pass rusher, but when Blackmon slid to them they jumped at the chance to grab the strong and powerful receiver who can be Gabbert’s go to receiver.

8 Miami Dolphins: Cordy Glenn, OT, Georgia.
Miami has a good left tackle in Jake Long, but they need to upgrade the right side of their offensive line and Glenn will be a dominant right tackle.

9 Carolina Panthers: Devon Still, DT, Penn State.
Cam Newton made the Panthers offense an excellent unit, but their defense, especially against the run, was terrible. Still has the strength to clog up the middle and the speed to chase down plays in pursuit, which will upgrade their rush defense.

10 Buffalo Bills: Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame.
After dramatically upgrading their defensive line through free agency, the Bills focus on getting a big play receiver with no elite offensive tackle still available.

11 Kansas City Chiefs: Michael Brockers*, DT, LSU.
Brockers can be to the Chiefs what Richard Seymour was to the Patriots, a dominant defensive end who can make impact plays lining up all along the line.

12 Seattle Seahawks: Luke Kuechly*, LB, Boston College.
The Seahawks best linebacker, David Hawthorne, is a free agent and the rest of the linebacking corps is not elite, so they grab Kuechly to shore them up.

13 Arizona Cardinals: Melvin Ingram, OLB, South Carolina. Arizona cannot pass on the chance to get Ingram who can make a big impact as a pass rusher from an outside linebacker alignment in their 34 defense.

14 Dallas Cowboys: Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina.
Dallas could use more playmakers along their defensive line and Coples has the long arms, strength and size potential to be a good starting five technique defensive end in their 34 defense.

15 Philadelphia Eagles: Dontari Poe*, DT, Memphis.
The Eagles filled their biggest need by trading for middle linebacker DeMeco Ryans, so thye jump at the chance to draft Poe who has the size and explosiveness to be a game changing defensive tackle in their system if they can get him to play hard every snap.

16 New York Jets: David Decastro*, OG, Stanford.
The Jets struggled greatly at left guard in 2011 and Decastro would step in and be a quality starter from day one.

17 Cincinnati Bengals (From Oakland); Dre Kirkpatrick*, CB, Alabama.
Nate Clements is over 30 and not elite anymore and Leon Hall is still rehabbing from a ruptured achilles, so the Bengals take a gamble on Kirkpatrick’s elite talent.

18 San Diego Chargers: Alameda Ta’amu, NT, Washington. 2011 nose tackle Antonio Garay is a free agent and even if he returns he is 32 years old. So the Chargers address their long term nose tackle situation by drafting the best nose tackle in the draft.

19 Chicago Bears: Riley Reiff*, OT, Iowa.
Jay Cutler took a ton of punishment in 2011 and the Bears need to upgrade their offensive line, so they draft Reiff who should be a solid starting right tackle from day one.

20 Tennessee Titans: Janoris Jenkins, CB, North Alabama. Tennessee has long shown a willingness to gamble on players with off field concerns and after losing Cortland Finnegan they have to draft a replacement.

21 Cincinnati Bengals: Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor.
Jerome Simpson is a free agent and Andre Caldwell has already signed with Denver, so the Bengals need a receiver to play opposite AJ Green and Wright can be that big play receiver.

22 Cleveland Browns (From Atlanta): Rueben Randle*, WR, LSU. Greg Little showed promise as a rookie last year, but the Browns need more offensive weapons and Randle brings the explosive ability to make big plays running after the catch that will help Tannehill develop.

23 Detroit Lions: Whitney Mercilus*, DE, Illinois.
Detroit has drastically upgraded their defensive line in recent seasons, but they need a young, athletic defensive end who can rush the passer off the edge and Mercilus has the talent to be that man.

24 Pittsburgh Steelers: Doug Martin, RB, Boise State.
Rashard Mendenhall is recovering from a torn right ACL and is unlikely to be ready for the start of the 2012 season and rumors persist that his Steelers’ career may be over, so the Steelers draft another strong and violent inside runner to replace him.

25 Denver Broncos: Peter Konz*, C, Wisconsin.
The Broncos want to upgrade at center and Konz should be able to step in as a rookie and start.

26 Houston Texans: Kendall Reyes, DE, Connecticut.
After losing Mario Williams in free agency, the Texans draft another defensive end in the first round to play opposite last year’s first rounder JJ Watt.

27 New England Patriots (From Saints): Courtney Upshaw, OLB, Alabama.
The Patriots make another move to upgrade their front seven and Upshaw’s experience playing in a simialr defensive scheme makes him an ideal fit.

28 Green Bay Packers: Nick Perry*, OLB, USC.
Clay Matthews needs some help rushing the passer and playing Perry opposite him would improve their pass rush from both sides.

29 Baltimore Ravens: Amini Silatolu, OG, Midwestern St.
The Ravens offensive line needs to play better in 2012 and after losing Ben Grubbs to free agency the Ravens draft Silatolu who reminds many of former Cowboys great Larry Allen.

30 San Francisco 49′ers: Alshon Jeffery*, WR, South Carolina.
Michael Crabtree is still developing and Randy Moss is an unknown at this point in his career, so the 49′ers take a gamble on Jeffery who can dominat games when he plays his best.

31 New England Patriots: Brandon Boykin, CB, Georgia.
After upgrading their front seven with their first pick the Patriots grab Boykin who is a playmaking cornerback and an impact kickoff returner.

32 New York Giants: Jonathan Martin*, OT, Stanford.
Kareem McKenzie is a free agent and they have been trying to replace David Diehl at left tackle, so they draft Martin who has rare feet for a 300 pound offensive tackle in the hope he can take over protecting Manning’s blind side.

http://www.russlande.com/2012-mock-draft/

Great Expectations
03-23-2012, 09:05 AM
We definitely need another LSU d-lineman.

Frosty
03-23-2012, 09:36 AM
He has Ta’amu going 18 to the Chargers. Has Ta’amu really moved up that much? I've seen him listed anywhere from the 3rd round to now the middle of the 1st. :shrug:

Pestilence
03-23-2012, 09:45 AM
I would rather reach and take Ta'amu at 11....then take Brockers.

Munson
03-23-2012, 09:51 AM
Terrible pick. We do not need another 1st round defensive lineman. If Ingram is available(which he is in this mock) we would be crazy not to pick him.

Chiefnj2
03-23-2012, 10:36 AM
He has Ta’amu going 18 to the Chargers. Has Ta’amu really moved up that much? I've seen him listed anywhere from the 3rd round to now the middle of the 1st. :shrug:

Russ is known for his unusual mocks and rankings. Apparently he pays no attention whatsoever to anybody else and where others value players. Every year he has prospects ranked very differently than other people.

Link to his top 40 last year. Notice the #1 QB prospect.
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/feed/2011-01/2011-nfl-draft/story/russ-landes-list-of-the-top-40-nfl-draft-prospects

El Jefe
03-23-2012, 01:58 PM
Sweet dollar tea!!!! That is awful, I will be ticked if we pick Brockers at 11.

Brock
03-23-2012, 02:15 PM
That's probably about right. I think they will draft a DE.

SNR
03-23-2012, 02:19 PM
I would rather reach and take Ta'amu at 11....then take Brockers.Absolutely. At least Ta'amu doesn't give up ground off the snap. And neither guy can rush the passer that effectively. May as well draft our biggest remaining hole on defense.

ChiefsCountry
03-23-2012, 02:55 PM
Brockers is a perfect fit for the 3-4. If they can unload Dorsey on draft day this would make sense.

Pestilence
03-23-2012, 03:16 PM
Brockers is a perfect fit for the 3-4. If they can unload Dorsey on draft day this would make sense.

What's the last year of Dorsey's contract worth?

Pestilence
03-23-2012, 03:18 PM
Interesting.

I found this while searching for Dorsey's contract numbers.

There are practical jokes among college roommates, and then there are near-fatal errors in judgment like the one LSU's Tyson Jackson made last Halloween.

"I decided to play a prank on Glenn," the defensive back said. "I wanted to scare him."

That would be Glenn Dorsey, the Tigers' 6-foot-2, 303-pound All-American defensive tackle - a guy not many people can scare.

But Jackson - a pretty imposing figure himself as a 6-5, 291-pound defensive end - thought he could rattle the big guy. So Jackson left the front door to their apartment cracked open, as if someone had broken in. He flipped the electric breaker off and crouched in the laundry room, wearing a mask and waiting to pounce.

"When Glenn came in, you could tell he thought something was up," Jackson said. "I got excited."

Dorsey stormed through the apartment, shouting, "Who's in here?!" Jackson sprang from his hiding place, a towering, menacing, masked figure appearing in front of Dorsey. Surely, a squeal was coming.

"Nope," Jackson said. " Now, a normal person would yell and run. And he yelled... but this man grabbed me with both hands. He picked me up off the floor.

"He was about to throw me out the window. We live on the second floor, so I started hollering, 'Glenn, it's me! Glenn, stop! It's me!'"

Dorsey stopped short of launching his good friend. But the tables were officially turned, as they often are on the football field, and Jackson was the one who left the encounter terrified.

whoman69
03-23-2012, 03:44 PM
If this guy's picks are so off on what everyone else has, he's useless.

ChiefsCountry
03-23-2012, 03:50 PM
What's the last year of Dorsey's contract worth?

5.8 million I beleive.

philfree
03-23-2012, 03:51 PM
If Brockers being the natural 5 tech could step in and be better then Dorsey that would be great. A dominating force at RDE could open up the door for both Hali and DJ to make plays.

We need a NT but if we added a dominate player anywhere in our front 3 it would make a huge difference for our D.

ChiefsCountry
03-23-2012, 03:57 PM
There are two nose tackles that I love in 2013 draft - Kwame Geathers from Georgia and Slyvester Williams from North Carolina.

Hoover
03-23-2012, 04:26 PM
If he's the real deal, I'm all for it.

Mr. Laz
03-23-2012, 05:10 PM
4 Cleveland Browns: Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M.
The Browns public statements supporting Colt McCoy as their quarterback sound too much like the classic “Vote of Confidence” given to a coach, so expect them to draft Tannehill here.

wow ... Holy reach, batman.

SNR
03-23-2012, 05:22 PM
If Brockers being the natural 5 tech could step in and be better then Dorsey that would be great. A dominating force at RDE could open up the door for both Hali and DJ to make plays.

We need a NT but if we added a dominate player anywhere in our front 3 it would make a huge difference for our D.Brockers is basically another Tyson Jackson.

Some 3-4 teams (like the Packers) need that. Other teams (like us) don't. As an underclassman, he's also going to need some time to let his play catch up to the NFL. He won't be good immediately, which isn't very helpful to us.

There are FAR better players at more important positions to take at 11 in this draft than Michael Brockers.

Mr. Laz
03-23-2012, 05:32 PM
going by his own mock, wouldn't we be better off picking a half-a-dozen or so other guys that were still on the board?

12 Seattle Seahawks: Luke Kuechly*, LB, Boston College.
15 Philadelphia Eagles: Dontari Poe*, DT, Memphis.
16 New York Jets: David Decastro*, OG, Stanford.
18 San Diego Chargers: Alameda Ta’amu, NT, Washington.
19 Chicago Bears: Riley Reiff*, OT, Iowa.
20 Tennessee Titans: Janoris Jenkins, CB, North Alabama.
21 Cincinnati Bengals: Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor.
25 Denver Broncos: Peter Konz*, C, Wisconsin.
28 Green Bay Packers: Nick Perry*, OLB, USC.

buddha
03-24-2012, 08:52 AM
The talent in this draft blows.

There are guys projected to go in the mid first round who would never sniff the first round in normal years.

I'd trade down and load up on picks.

Tribal Warfare
03-24-2012, 04:03 PM

There are guys projected to go in the mid first round who would never sniff the first round in normal years.

The incentive wouldn't be there for a trade partner if an elite prospect doesn't slip to KC.

whoman69
03-24-2012, 06:07 PM

This isn't 2009. There's a lot of talent in this draft, just too many who are being touted above where they should be do to a lack of talent at certain positions in the league and in this draft.