PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs ESPN.com's NFL pre-draft Power Rankings

ChiefsandO'sfan
03-23-2012, 11:45 AM
17 -Chiefs 7-9 Getting healthy will make a big difference for the Chiefs, who are under new leadership with Romeo Crennel. But is that enough to make up ground in the AFC West? (Kuharsky)

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/56065/espn-coms-nfl-pre-draft-power-rankings

Okie_Apparition
03-23-2012, 11:47 AM
Who has been appointed the head counter to prevent the 12 men on the field penalties

listopencil
03-23-2012, 11:48 AM
Heh, Broncos at #8. The Peyton Manning Media Blow Job has begun.

Mile High Mania
03-23-2012, 11:48 AM
Broncos at #8 ... interesting.

Ranked 4th in AFC - Hooray!

Slainte
03-23-2012, 11:50 AM
Heh, moving on down...

vailpass
03-23-2012, 11:52 AM
Browns
4-12 The Browns can't run, throw or catch on offense. Other than that, they're fine. (Walker)

LMAO

Marcellus
03-23-2012, 11:56 AM
That puts us 8th in the AFC, playoffs here we come. LMAO

suds79
03-23-2012, 11:58 AM
Think we're playing for the wildcard. Can't make up the difference between Manning & Cassel.

I don't care how much better everywhere else we are.

Before the standard "But Romeo owns Manning." argument comes. Lets just get in front of that with some reality. Say that's 100% true. Great! That's only 2 games. What about the other 14 Manning is killing it?

We'll have to win at least 11 games over the next couple years if we want to win the division.

Hoover
03-23-2012, 12:04 PM
8th best team in the AFC baby!

Okie_Apparition
The new CBA limits OTAs to where Peyton won't get to reach his needed perfection with his new pieces
Meanwhile Cassel has had 4 years to fine tune his complements...

vailpass
The new CBA limits OTAs to where Peyton won't get to reach his needed perfection with his new pieces
Meanwhile Cassel has had 4 years to fine tune his complements...

Good point.

For me to poop on.

Molitoth
03-23-2012, 12:17 PM
What the article should have mentioned was "We would've ranked the chiefs lower because of Matt Cassel, but the rest of the team is stacked."

J Diddy
03-23-2012, 12:33 PM
Good point.

For me to poop on.

ROFL

Jerm
03-23-2012, 12:34 PM
The Titans and Chargers ahead of us...

:facepalm:

J Diddy
03-23-2012, 12:36 PM

Yeah so one guys opinion of the Chiefs aren't that high. :deevee:

Ask another fucker and you'll likely get another answer.

vailpass
03-23-2012, 12:38 PM

These rankings mean jack shit. NFL is the one league where every year is truly a new year. Teams can, and do, go from worst to first and vice versa and nobody can say who that will be.

TEX
03-23-2012, 12:40 PM
And just like that - Denver is the favorite to win the division and is in the top 10. Didn't they just win 4 games year before last? I'd say Elway's doing a great job.

BoneKrusher
03-23-2012, 12:43 PM
What the article should have mentioned was "We would've ranked the chiefs lower because of Matt Cassel, but the rest of the team is stacked."

yep, give us a decent QB and we're top ten.

Bump
03-23-2012, 12:46 PM
It all depends on jc and eb, if somehow they both can recover 100%, we can win the west, if not, we are screwed yo

Baby Lee
03-23-2012, 01:09 PM
Clayton does NOT like the AFCW.

vailpass
03-23-2012, 01:17 PM

I don't like old guys with pony tails so we're even.

SNR
03-23-2012, 01:20 PM
And just like that - Denver is the favorite to win the division and is in the top 10. Didn't they just win 4 games year before last? I'd say Elway's doing a great job.He did a good job of acquiring Peyton Manning, sure.

Building the team, though? Ehhh... he's fine. Nothing special, though.

SNR
03-23-2012, 01:23 PM

:facepalm:Didn't they finish with better records than us last year?

It appears that's all Clayton is doing. Taking the 2011 record, adding or subtracting cool points depending on the free agent moves and whether or not your team's coach is suspended for the year, and then going from there.

whoman69
03-23-2012, 01:29 PM

Who does?

Mile High Mania
03-23-2012, 01:44 PM
He did a good job of acquiring Peyton Manning, sure.

Building the team, though? Ehhh... he's fine. Nothing special, though.

We're only in Year 2 with Elway in the position... so far, very good. Nothing has really been proven though, but he's not the utter disaster that many proclaimed he would be. Things are moving in the right direction for sure.

Peyton was a huge add - it all relies on him staying healthy, obviously. Adding Tamme, Dreeson and Caldwell may not scream "crazy super monster" additions, but they're good players and you've seen what Peyton has done with people like this in the past - and they're playing with Thomas and Decker, who will be the keys. I'm interested to see if there's another WR to be added - or pass catching RB.

Time to focus a touch more on the defense in FA.

SNR
03-23-2012, 01:47 PM
We're only in Year 2 with Elway in the position... so far, very good. Nothing has really been proven though, but he's not the utter disaster that many proclaimed he would be. Things are moving in the right direction for sure.

Peyton was a huge add - it all relies on him staying healthy, obviously. Adding Tamme, Dreeson and Caldwell may not scream "crazy super monster" additions, but they're good players and you've seen what Peyton has done with people like this in the past - and they're playing with Thomas and Decker, who will be the keys. I'm interested to see if there's another WR to be added - or pass catching RB.

Time to focus a touch more on the defense in FA.I'm more interested in how he drafts this year. Von Miller was kind of Scott Pioli's Eric Berry. If he didn't take him he would have been an abject failure.

This is a very deep draft for offensive and defensive line (maybe not the most talented at the top, but certainly one of the deepest). Elway can go a looong way to boost his cred as a general manager/VP of Whatever Title He Holds if he hits one out of the park like Pioli did in 2011.

Mile High Mania
03-23-2012, 01:57 PM
I'm more interested in how he drafts this year. Von Miller was kind of Scott Pioli's Eric Berry. If he didn't take him he would have been an abject failure.

This is a very deep draft for offensive and defensive line (maybe not the most talented at the top, but certainly one of the deepest). Elway can go a looong way to boost his cred as a general manager/VP of Whatever Title He Holds if he hits one out of the park like Pioli did in 2011.

I totally agree. As much as I hated McDaniels, he did well with the 2010 draft.

It's difficult to screw up a top 10 pick - not impossible by any means - but much more difficult to hit home runs late in R1, and beyond.

They certainly need to find a balance of rookies that can "impact now" and others that can sit and learn, producing in spurts.

The mentality of the franchise just leaped into a 2-3 year SB or Bust mentality... so, that changes things a bit and it's why I haven't been opposed to trading a pick for a top young player in return. We'll see what they do, so far it's all been pretty good... it's early though.

2011 had a few possible duds in the draft... the two TEs, Moore... we'll see if they can turn it around in year 2.

sedated
03-23-2012, 02:03 PM
How are the Saints still 11th? They’ve essentially lost their entire coaching staff and are still arguing with their HOF QB about money.

Marcellus
03-23-2012, 02:19 PM
How are the Saints still 11th? They’ve essentially lost their entire coaching staff and are still arguing with their HOF QB about money.

You answered your own question.

DomCasual
03-23-2012, 10:43 PM
That puts us 8th in the AFC, playoffs here we come. LMAO

Yeah, if it was the NBA. In the NFL, playoffs here you watch.

Hog Farmer
03-24-2012, 06:51 AM
Broncos at #8 ... interesting.

Ranked 4th in AFC - Hooray!

That will change pretty quickly when Peyton gets hurt. It's a one man team.

scho63
03-24-2012, 08:24 AM
Why do the Chargers keep getting ranked above us and they wind up sucking every year-this year will be no different

BoneKrusher
03-24-2012, 08:26 AM
Why do the Chargers keep getting ranked above us and they wind up sucking every year-this year will be no different

losing Vincent Jackson will really make Rivers look average.

TEX
03-24-2012, 10:16 AM

Potential of their QB play. Plus they won the division 5 years in a row before KC and Denver did the padst two years.

Catt Massel
03-24-2012, 10:20 AM
We are much underrated. Teamwork brings victory