PDA

View Full Version : Football AFC West QBS: What a difference a year makes

Buck
03-25-2012, 10:31 AM
Orton
Rivers
Castle
Campbell

Oh God look at that shit. My fucking eyeballs hurt just from looking at it.

Manning
Rivers
Castle
Palmer

Dear Lord thank you. Finally we have 3 real quarterbacks in our division again.

Discuss.

Catt Massel
03-25-2012, 10:33 AM
Yes only the Raiders need a good one now!!!

Pablo
03-25-2012, 10:34 AM
Brokeneck.
Choker.
BrokeBrain.
BrokeDick.

SNR
03-25-2012, 10:35 AM
Three? I count only two.

threebag02
03-25-2012, 10:36 AM
I can not stand the idea of The Matt Cassel on this roster.

KurtCobain
03-25-2012, 10:36 AM
Rivers is a baby.
Palmer is a coward.
Manning is a bitch.
Cassel is an abomination.

Buck
03-25-2012, 10:37 AM
Three? I count only two.

Give Palmer a chance. He got thrown in there mid-year with the Raiders.

The Iron Chief
03-25-2012, 10:37 AM
Sadly I feel so good about our team aside from Cassel.. of course.
But our chances of being the best team in the west is hard to imagine when all the other teams have a fair to good QB.
I do have a feeling in my gut Palmer will continue to throw multiple game killing int's a game as well as Rivers.
On top of that I'm hoping by week 8 the talking heads are asking.. how the hell are the Broncos 4-4...

Anyhow I'm not saying anything many haven't already made 10 threads about.

SNR
03-25-2012, 10:38 AM
Give Palmer a chance. He got thrown in there mid-year with the Raiders.Doesn't explain his many many years of suckage with the Bengals post-injury.

Dude's a never-will. He's Orton with a reputation.

Buck
03-25-2012, 10:41 AM
Doesn't explain his many many years of suckage with the Bengals post-injury.

Dude's a never-will. He's Orton with a reputation.

The Bengals made the playoffs in 2009 despite being picked last in the AFC North. Also one of his top 3 WRs died mid-season. He also made it in 2005.

I wonder how many times the Chargers or Colts would have made the playoffs thrown into a division with the Ravens and Steelers. I'm betting not often.

SNR
03-25-2012, 10:44 AM
The Bengals made the playoffs in 2009 despite being picked last in the AFC North. Also one of his top 3 WRs died mid-season. He also made it in 2005.

I wonder how many times the Chargers or Colts would have made the playoffs thrown into a division with the Ravens and Steelers. I'm betting not often.If Ochocinco in his prime joins the Raiders, we'll talk about that possibility.

Until then, Palmer is just another Orton/Cassel/Wet fart

Okie_Apparition
03-25-2012, 10:57 AM
THe worst part is NOrv is probably the best coach of the lot

KCDC
03-25-2012, 11:09 AM
THe worst part is NOrv is probably the best coach of the lot

Norv is the Wade Phillips of the AFC, meaning he can't win the playoffs no matter how good a team you hand him. His win-loss record is always good, but he can never take a team to the next level. He squandered the years when the Chargers were, arguably, the best team in the AFC. Now, the Chargers are regressing in talent. If they could not get it done with excellent talent, how is Norv going to handle having mediocre talent?

As a Chiefs fan, I have been so happy the Chargers have kept him. I've followed Norv since his days with the Redskins. He's a nice man and has some Offensive coordination skills; but, as a HC he just can't inspire his team to a higher level.

Romeo, I believe, can motivate young men to play to the next level. That is what is required, I think, to win.

Hog Farmer
03-25-2012, 11:27 AM
I hate this thread !

lewdog
03-25-2012, 11:29 AM

Buck is a R8ers mult!!!

Or is R8ers a Buck mult???

LiveSteam
03-25-2012, 11:31 AM
Three, & a soon to be cripple.

Okie_Apparition
03-25-2012, 11:31 AM
3 castoffs & a casteroffer

3rd&48ers
03-25-2012, 11:37 AM
Palmer will have the best year of all those QBS

lewdog
03-25-2012, 11:40 AM

Don't worry, I already have your outlandish claims about Palmer saved into my sig.

BoneKrusher
03-25-2012, 11:40 AM
I can not stand the idea of The Matt Cassel on this roster.

i hear ya man.
it kinda cancels out the good roster moves Pioli's done.

BossChief
03-25-2012, 11:41 AM
Three? I count only two.

He is counting Stanzi.

Pasta Giant Meatball
03-25-2012, 12:18 PM
Palmer ROFL

3rd&48ers
03-25-2012, 12:20 PM
Palmer ROFL

I am telling you, he is going to be the class of the west next year

Pasta Giant Meatball
03-25-2012, 12:23 PM
I am telling you, he is going to be the class of the west next year

He'll have a ton of passing yards due to the upcoming horrendous Oakland defense, but I would rather see efficient QB play. Expecting another year of empty yards and picks.

3rd&48ers
03-25-2012, 12:27 PM
He'll have a ton of passing yards due to the upcoming horrendous Oakland defense, but I would rather see efficient QB play. Expecting another year of empty yards and picks.

You are gonna be one unhappy Chiefy next year

BigMeatballDave
03-25-2012, 12:40 PM
Palmer is a real QB?

After last season, I'm not sure about Rivers.

BigMeatballDave
03-25-2012, 12:41 PM
Thread fail

whoman69
03-25-2012, 12:45 PM

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss last year. He had 20 INT with the Bengals the year before, 2nd time in his career. He averaged 14 INT a year with the Bengals. That figure is actually low because he only played 4 games in 2008. In 97 starts he threw 100 INTs with the Bengals.

whoman69
03-25-2012, 12:47 PM

You're going to be an unhappy R8er. Who is left after all the cap casualties? I expect the Raiders to be in the Barkely sweepstakes.

Nightfyre
03-25-2012, 01:23 PM

Probably. We really need a quarterback. On the other hand, I am glad we didn't trade a first and second for Carson Palmer

3rd&48ers
03-25-2012, 01:34 PM
Probably. We really need a quarterback. On the other hand, I am glad we didn't trade a first and second for Carson Palmer

Why? Who are you gonna get in the draft worth a shit?

Nightfyre
03-25-2012, 01:37 PM
Why? Who are you gonna get in the draft worth a shit?

No wonder the raiders fanbase is okay with trading away their draft every year for washed up veterans. This must take years of conditioning. Or is this a coping mechanism?

Pawnmower
03-25-2012, 01:41 PM
Oh cool another one of these threads

3rd&48ers
03-25-2012, 01:42 PM
No wonder the raiders fanbase is okay with trading away their draft every year for washed up veterans. This must take years of conditioning. Or is this a coping mechanism?

Well hell, you traded no picks away ever... How many Playoff wins and Superbowls has that gotten you...

Those who live in glass trailers, should not throw beer bottles

Nightfyre
03-25-2012, 01:45 PM
Well hell, you traded no picks away ever... How many Playoff wins and Superbowls has that gotten you...

Those who live in glass trailers, should not throw beer bottles

For all the picks you traded you couldn't back your way into the playoffs in the last two years. The division was yours for the taking but the Raiders blew it.

3rd&48ers
03-25-2012, 01:47 PM
For all the picks you traded you couldn't back your way into the playoffs in the last two years. The division was yours for the taking but the Raiders blew it.

Thanks for the advice on the playoffs... :rolleyes:ROFL

Molitoth
03-25-2012, 02:34 PM
R;8ers, you are too big of a homer to be taken seriously. Us chiefs fans at least recognise what our qb is, a shit sandwich. While I'd take Palmer over cassel in a heartbeat, I'm sure as hell glad we didn't trade away our draft for him, cause so far he hasn't proven shit.

Pawnmower
03-25-2012, 02:44 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/29/11b35e77e0488ceb590434e3d10944a73969aff.gif

listopencil
03-25-2012, 02:46 PM
Who is better: Matt Cassel or Caleb Hanie?

milkman
03-25-2012, 04:09 PM
We've discussd Matt Cassel ad nauseum, so I don't need to say anyhting more about him.

Phillip Rivers is an outstanding QB, but he seems to lack some intangible that makes him a guy that just doesn't get it done.

Carson Palmer has never returned to the form he was playing at pre-Steeler playoff injury.
He's a good QB, but he just doesn't trust his protection, so he has a tendency to make bad decisions.

Peyton Manning is one of the all time greats, but among the all time greats, he is the one that is most rattled by a consistent pass rush, and thus has earned the reputation as a playoff choker.

Overall, the talent level at QB in the AFC West has improved, but at the end of the day, I don't really think it matters when it counts the most.

patteeu
03-25-2012, 05:23 PM
Cassel and Rivers are the only two who seem to be able to hold down a job.

milkman
03-25-2012, 05:30 PM
Cassel and Rivers are the only two who seem to be able to hold down a job.

That's pretty fucking stupid, to say the least.

patteeu
03-25-2012, 05:34 PM
That's pretty ****ing stupid, to say the least.

:rolleyes:

mdstu
03-25-2012, 05:35 PM
Thanks for the advice on the playoffs... :rolleyes:ROFL

I'm guessing you a counting on this team to be the one to get Palmer his first playoff win.
I'm also guessing you would be wrong.

Pawnmower
03-25-2012, 05:35 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/29/save_the_planet_kill_yourself.jpg

Pawnmower
03-25-2012, 05:39 PM
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/8/84431/1400311-867330_awesome_thread_super_super.jpg

Deberg_1990
03-25-2012, 05:41 PM
Palmer is really no better than Cassel is now as far as results go.

Gadzooks
03-25-2012, 05:50 PM
Phillip Rivers is an outstanding QB, but he seems to lack some intangible that makes him a guy that just doesn't get it done.

What a back-ass sentence...:rolleyes:
How can someone lack an intangible that makes him not get it done?!?
I talked to Punctuation. It said it could be your friend if you would stop calling it a "Dumbass".:D

Pawnmower
03-25-2012, 05:53 PM

Palmer would be 6 feet under if he was the Chiefs QB in 09. Literally dead.

Count Zarth
03-25-2012, 06:05 PM

Carson Palmer averaged 8.4 YPA last year and had FIVE games of 299 yards or better in NINE starts.

Cassel's had three games over 300 yards in three years.

Hell, Palmer had a fairly shitty year and still completed 61 percent of his passes. Cassel had a "career" year in 2010 and completed 58 percent.

Real talk.

We have the worst QB in the division. I wonder what that means for our chances of finishing higher than third. Someone look at the history of the AFC West and see where the team with the worst QB finished over the last 10-15 years.

mdstu
03-25-2012, 06:17 PM
I don't think anyone here is dumb enough to believe that Cassel is better than Palmer.
But some here seem to think that since Palmer is better than Cassel, that must mean he is great. That couldn't be further from the truth. Add that to the Raiders current roster situation and ... you get the point.

Pawnmower
03-25-2012, 06:26 PM
We have the worst QB in the division. I wonder what that means for our chances of finishing higher than third. Someone look at the history of the AFC West and see where the team with the worst QB finished over the last 10-15 years.

Let's just say we win the division this year...(Which according to you is nigh impossible because of , and only because of Cassel)..

So if we do win the division this year does Cassel get ANY credit for it, or no?

Chief3188
03-25-2012, 06:31 PM

I wouldn't go that far. Cassel is far and away the worst starting QB in this division.

While Palmer won't do much for the raiders due to the state they are in and quite frankly the state that he is in with his downward spiral of suckage, he will still be better than Cassel.

Chief3188
03-25-2012, 06:35 PM
What a back-ass sentence...:rolleyes:
How can someone lack an intangible that makes him not get it done?!?
I talked to Punctuation. It said it could be your friend if you would stop calling it a "Dumbass".:D

You have to admit that Rivers has choked in some pretty big situations and at times with a pretty good cast around him.

But to be fair I guess Manning was lacking that same intangible as it took him into his 9th season before he took his team to the SB. Rivers is a good QB but he still has to prove he can get it done when it counts. I know it's gotta hurt watching Brees and Eli winning SB's :)

Chief3188
03-25-2012, 06:38 PM
Carson Palmer averaged 8.4 YPA last year and had FIVE games of 299 yards or better in NINE starts.

Cassel's had three games over 300 yards in three years.

Hell, Palmer had a fairly shitty year and still completed 61 percent of his passes. Cassel had a "career" year in 2010 and completed 58 percent.

Real talk.

We definitely have the worst QB but we might have the best all around team in our division. Until Manning got here the only QB I was worried about was Rivers and that could definitely change the culture on who ends up on top of the West this year. All we can hope for is Stanzi or a draft pick to beat him out now. Either that or an injury as much as I hate to say it.

mdstu
03-25-2012, 06:41 PM

I wouldn't go that far. Cassel is far and away the worst starting QB in this division.

While Palmer won't do much for the raiders due to the state they are in and quite frankly the state that he is in with his downward spiral of suckage, he will still be better than Cassel.

I don't think you got the real message in that post.

Chief3188
03-25-2012, 06:48 PM
I don't think you got the real message in that post.

No, I think I got it just fine. The real message was that Palmer will do no more for the raiders than Casshole will do for the Chiefs.

That is incorrect. Cassel will do less, probably about 100 yards per game and 4 to 5% completion percentage less.

LoneWolf
03-25-2012, 06:56 PM
Let's just say we win the division this year...(Which according to you is nigh impossible because of , and only because of Cassel)..

So if we do win the division this year does Cassel get ANY credit for it, or no?

Cassel has already won the division as a starting QB and didn't get any credit for it. Why would any other year be any different?

patteeu
03-25-2012, 06:58 PM
No, I think I got it just fine. The real message was that Palmer will do no more for the raiders than Casshole will do for the Chiefs.

That is incorrect. Cassel will do less, probably about 100 yards per game and 4 to 5% completion percentage less.

You seem to have missed the "as far as results go" part. :shrug:

Chief3188
03-25-2012, 07:33 PM
Cassel has already won the division as a starting QB and didn't get any credit for it. Why would any other year be any different?

Why should he get credit for it? We had something like the 30th ranked passing offense that year thanks to that worthless bag but lucky for him we had the number 1 ranked rushing offense and a decent defense that had blossomed well in Romeo's first year.

Chief3188
03-25-2012, 07:34 PM
You seem to have missed the "as far as results go" part. :shrug:

What? As far as results go Palmer will do better than Cassel at getting results from the QB position. From a team standpoint we are much better off than the raiders and that will probably show in the standings but it will be of no thanks to Cassel. What is it you don't think I am getting?

Pawnmower
03-25-2012, 07:36 PM
Why should he get credit for it? We had something like the 30th ranked passing offense that year thanks to that worthless bag but lucky for him we had the number 1 ranked rushing offense and a decent defense that had blossomed well in Romeo's first year.

LOL

ROFL

My Face when someone doesn't see the irony / connection of his own post...

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv87/kureno114/chan/mfw.png

Sofa King
03-25-2012, 07:36 PM
Brokeneck.
Choker.
BrokeBrain.
BrokeDick.

this

Chief3188
03-25-2012, 07:39 PM
LOL

ROFL

My Face when someone doesn't see the irony / connection of his own post...

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv87/kureno114/chan/mfw.png

You got some splaining to do here. I just got off a 14 hour shift and I am not making many connections right now so help me out here.

patteeu
03-25-2012, 07:46 PM
What? As far as results go Palmer will do better than Cassel at getting results from the QB position. From a team standpoint we are much better off than the raiders and that will probably show in the standings but it will be of no thanks to Cassel. What is it you don't think I am getting?

Which results matter.

Pawnmower
03-25-2012, 07:47 PM
You got some splaining to do here. I just got off a 14 hour shift and I am not making many connections right now so help me out here.

Well usually when you have a rushing team thats #1 in the league with a decent enough defense you dont ALSO have a crazy passing game. I forgot if you were talking about 2010 or not, but in 2010 he basically was just a game manager, and a pretty decent one. In terms of TD/INT, and sacks he had a good year, I dont think it was 30th in the league by any reasonable standard in 2010.

If you are talking 2009 it is a completely different story, that team was an abomination.....the rushing game kicked in in the second half of the season but Cassel got sacked damn near 60 times....

2011 was a crappy year....disappointing any way you look at it but losing the #1 weapon on your team, and your crutch...and basically the focal point of the offense...THEN losing a guy who took every snap on defense....then losing a TE...and suffering injuries yourself......I mean it was a tough year....

I am looking forward to this season. Do I wish we could draft one of the stud QB's? Hell yah. I even wish we couldve gotten Peyton for a couple seasons. But will I give up or cry about it CONSTANTLY. No.

In theory this could be a break out year for Cassel....he should be healthy, the team will hopefully be healthy come opening day.....I mean we can't have another off-season / beginning as bad as last season right?

Actually Im going to stop there.

Chief3188
03-25-2012, 07:50 PM
Which results matter.

The results that we won't get in the postseason if we manage to sneak in with a shitbag like casshole?

It depends which results matter. If you are talking about results from the QB position then Palmer will be the clear cut winner there. If you are referring to team results then why are even comparing Palmer and Cassel? Team results are just that, team results.

From the QB position there is nothing worse than Cassel in the West.

LoneWolf
03-25-2012, 07:54 PM

Having the number 1 rushing offense would probably mean you aren't going to have one of the higher rated passing offenses, don't you think? Cassel was very effective at managing the offense and not turning the ball over in 2010. I'm not saying Cassel is the answer at QB and I think KC needs an upgrade at the position if they are going to win in the playoffs, but for that one season, I thought Cassel was effective at what they asked him to do within the offense.

Chief3188
03-25-2012, 07:57 PM
Well usually when you have a rushing team thats #1 in the league with a decent enough defense you dont ALSO have a crazy passing game. I forgot if you were talking about 2010 or not, but in 2010 he basically was just a game manager, and a pretty decent one. In terms of TD/INT, and sacks he had a good year, I dont think it was 30th in the league by any reasonable standard in 2010.

If you are talking 2009 it is a completely different story, that team was an abomination.....the rushing game kicked in in the second half of the season but Cassel got sacked damn near 60 times....

2011 was a crappy year....disappointing any way you look at it but losing the #1 weapon on your team, and your crutch...and basically the focal point of the offense...THEN losing a guy who took every snap on defense....then losing a TE...and suffering injuries yourself......I mean it was a tough year....

I am looking forward to this season. Do I wish we could draft one of the stud QB's? Hell yah. I even wish we couldve gotten Peyton for a couple seasons. But will I give up or cry about it CONSTANTLY. No.

In theory this could be a break out year for Cassel....he should be healthy, the team will hopefully be healthy come opening day.....I mean we can't have another off-season / beginning as bad as last season right?

Actually Im going to stop there.

Cassel's success in 2010 was nothing but a mirage. It was clouded by the fact that the Chiefs had an absurdly easy schedule playing in the 2nd worst division in the NFL and as a game manager he still sucked more often than not that season. The fact that we had such a good rushing game that would get us down the field so Cassel to toss his 4 yard touchdowns Yes we did have like the 30th ranked passing offense that year. How else can you explain our 14th ranking at overall offense?

Cassel is the worst thing to happen to this team since Herm Edwards in my opinion and we will never do anything in the postseason with him. He is not even good enough to Brad Johnson or Trent Dilfer his way to the SB tugging along on his teammates coat tails.

Count Zarth
03-25-2012, 07:58 PM
Funny that no one is "worried" about Palmer, and yet he stole the division from us with one pass in overtime last year.

Our QB is Matt Casshell.

Every opposing QB worries me.

Pawnmower
03-25-2012, 08:02 PM
Yes we did have like the 30th ranked passing offense that year. How else can you explain our 14th ranking at overall offense?

If you are talking total yards, as the only measure of the offense (passing/rushing) then you may be right. But again, when youre getting all of your yards via rushing (via the number 1 rushing attack), you dont need the most total yards PASSING also. You need someone to not throw picks, and to handle the ball....and call audibles..etc. I think he did all of that well enough in 2010 until Weiss left and he busted his appendix, personally.

patteeu
03-25-2012, 08:02 PM
The results that we won't get in the postseason if we manage to sneak in with a shitbag like casshole?

It depends which results matter. If you are talking about results from the QB position then Palmer will be the clear cut winner there. If you are referring to team results then why are even comparing Palmer and Cassel? Team results are just that, team results.

From the QB position there is nothing worse than Cassel in the West.

The results that matter are wins and losses and I think you've already admitted that the Chiefs should be favored over the Raiders in that category. You might want to talk about something else, but that's how I interpret Deberg_1990's post.

Pawnmower
03-25-2012, 08:04 PM
Funny that no one is "worried" about Palmer, and yet he stole the division from us with one pass in overtime last year.

Our QB is Matt Casshell.

Every opposing QB worries me.

This year he will make you proud. He will be your muse. You will write and produce many vidyas in his honor. So mote it be.

Chief3188
03-25-2012, 08:05 PM
Having the number 1 rushing offense would probably mean you aren't going to have one of the higher rated passing offenses, don't you think? Cassel was very effective at managing the offense and not turning the ball over in 2010. I'm not saying Cassel is the answer at QB and I think KC needs an upgrade at the position if they are going to win in the playoffs, but for that one season, I thought Cassel was effective at what they asked him to do within the offense.

He couldn't even complete 60% of his passes despite teams stacking the box to stop the run.

The cornerstone of Cassel's game since he got here including 2010.

1. If 1st read is covered, shit pants and throw ball away

2. If 1st read is covered, shit pants and dump it off to my safety valve without even checking to see if he is covered or has room to run for the extra 5 yards he will need to gain after my mega pass for 2 yards on 3rd and 8.

3. If 1st read is covered, shit pants and look left and right frantically and too quickly to even see the open WR streaking down the middle of the field as I get happy feet and run right into a defenders arms for another sack.

Seriously though just look at our sack stats last year with Cassel in and then Cassel out. It is sad that even Palko had better pocket presence and was better at setting the line properly before the play than our soon to be 30 year old developing QB.

Count Zarth
03-25-2012, 08:08 PM
Having the number 1 rushing offense would probably mean you aren't going to have one of the higher rated passing offenses, don't you think?

Usually it means your QB sucks.

QBs for the rushing leaders for the last 10 years.

1. Tim Tebow
2. Matt Casshell
3. Mark Sanchez
4. Eli Manning
5. Tardvaris Jackson
6. Michael Vick
7. Michael Vick
8. Michael Vick
9. Kyle Boller
10. Daunte Culpepper (shitty year for him)

So looks like one good QB (Eli) and a bunch of guys who couldn't pass for shit.

Chief3188
03-25-2012, 08:09 PM
If you are talking total yards, as the only measure of the offense (passing/rushing) then you may be right. But again, when youre getting all of your yards via rushing (via the number 1 rushing attack), you dont need the most total yards PASSING also. You need someone to not throw picks, and to handle the ball....and call audibles..etc. I think he did all of that well enough in 2010 until Weiss left and he busted his appendix, personally.

I think we are going to have to agree to disagree here because I am pretty set in my opinion of I know what I saw and have seen from Cassel.

Orton came in and first game and was able to do more with this offense against a good team than Cassel could ever dream of. But I guess we are going to see soon enough.

Simplicity
03-25-2012, 08:09 PM
Who the **** is Peyton Manning?

Pawnmower
03-25-2012, 08:12 PM
Who the **** is Peyton Manning?

I will tell you if you make your sig more ugly and and obnoxious and less simple.

Count Zarth
03-25-2012, 08:13 PM

What people are forgetting is that Charles was healthy for the first game and part of the 2nd game.

Cassel was still sucking hard, veiny, throbbing cocks throughout both games.

Blame all of that on Tony Moeaki I guess. :rolleyes:

Pawnmower
03-25-2012, 08:13 PM
I think we are going to have to agree to disagree here because I am pretty set in my opinion of I know what I saw and have seen from Cassel.

Orton came in and first game and was able to do more with this offense against a good team than Cassel could ever dream of. But I guess we are going to see soon enough.

Well, you quoted me in reference to 2010, then you started talking about Orton which would be 2011..so yah I think we probably aren't on the same page.

How bout we agree to agree on the underlined part? Hahaha

Chief3188
03-25-2012, 08:14 PM
The results that matter are wins and losses and I think you've already admitted that the Chiefs should be favored over the Raiders in that category. You might want to talk about something else, but that's how I interpret Deberg_1990's post.

I think you might want to talk about something else here as well because if that is the point you were trying to hammer across in regards to your interpretation of someone elses post it was a pretty stupid one.

Pawnmower
03-25-2012, 08:15 PM
What people are forgetting is that Charles was healthy for the first game and part of the 2nd game.

I really just want to look forward not backward but there were other factors.....Weiss left and they did not have the off-season because of the lock-out. I mean I have no idea how much of a factor it is in reality, but just from the outside it appears to be a big one.

Chief3188
03-25-2012, 08:19 PM
Well, you quoted me in reference to 2010, then you started talking about Orton which would be 2011..so yah I think we probably aren't on the same page.

How bout we agree to agree on the underlined part? Hahaha

lol fair enough

Count Zarth
03-25-2012, 08:26 PM
I mean I have no idea how much of a factor it is in reality, but just from the outside it appears to be a big one.

Naw.

Cassel was dogshit at the end of 2010, and dogshit at the start of 2011.

Bring out the pooper scooper.

patteeu
03-25-2012, 09:41 PM
I think you might want to talk about something else here as well because if that is the point you were trying to hammer across in regards to your interpretation of someone elses post it was a pretty stupid one.

I'm not the guy who didn't understand his post.

ChiefsNow
03-25-2012, 11:30 PM
Keep doubting Matt Casselhoff.

htismaqe
03-26-2012, 09:00 AM
This division is far from stacked at QB.

Palmer and Rivers are both horribly overrated. Talent is great to have, it will win a lot of regular season games. But being self-righteous babies doesn't lead to post season success.

Molitoth
03-26-2012, 09:23 AM
Naw.

Cassel was dogshit in 2009 and in the beginning of 2010 as well.

There was like a 5-7 game stretch in 2010 where he went off and started looking like a real QB.

Cassel has zero excuse to not suck this year. Zero.

Mile High Mania
03-26-2012, 09:23 AM

Palmer and Rivers are both horribly overrated. Talent is great to have, it will win a lot of regular season games. But being self-righteous babies doesn't lead to post season success.

True, but the talent is far better than it has been in a number of years.

HemiEd
03-26-2012, 09:24 AM
Naw.

So many people forget this, and just look at the stats. In fact, he only had one really good game, and it was against Seattle.

Pasta Giant Meatball
03-26-2012, 11:57 AM

Yes he was. I blame him and Haley's awful offseason approach.

Pasta Giant Meatball
03-26-2012, 11:59 AM
So many people forget this, and just look at the stats. In fact, he only had one really good game, and it was against Seattle.

He tore Tennessee to shreds in week 16. It was quite shocking.

Dave Lane
03-26-2012, 12:08 PM

As good a year as North Carolina?

Mile High Mania
03-26-2012, 01:10 PM
If healthy... Peyton Manning leads the AFCW in all important QB categories and ranks in the top 5 of the NFL. Put it in 3-inch headlines...

Count Zarth
03-26-2012, 01:11 PM

Palmer and Rivers are both horribly overrated.

And both are better than Cassel, especially Rivers. He's led the #1 offense before.

We're fucked.

htismaqe
03-26-2012, 02:50 PM
And both are better than Cassel, especially Rivers. He's led the #1 offense before.

We're ****ed.

Us being fucked has FAR more to do with who is OUR QB. It doesn't really matter who the other teams have - hell, Jason Campbell and Kyle Orton could beat our ass.

And they don't hand out trophies for leading the league in any statistical categories...

Count Zarth
03-26-2012, 02:52 PM
Us being fucked has FAR more to do with who is OUR QB.

Well yeah.

But at the same time, I can't remember Cassel ever throwing a perfect bomb in OT to beat anyone like Palmer did to us last year.

Rivers, Palmer and Manning can all make plays down the field with their arm fairly consistently. Palmer isn't great, but he can still wow you 3-4 times a game.

Cassel is doing well to throw for 200 yards.

J Diddy
03-26-2012, 03:07 PM
He tore Tennessee to shreds in week 16. It was quite shocking.

Apparently 314 yards and 3 touchdowns is not a good game.

Count Zarth
03-26-2012, 03:16 PM
Apparently 314 yards and 3 touchdowns is not a good game.

It was a fine game.

Against a weak opponent.

And a performance we've never seen him repeat.

htismaqe
03-26-2012, 03:38 PM
Well yeah.

But at the same time, I can't remember Cassel ever throwing a perfect bomb in OT to beat anyone like Palmer did to us last year.

Rivers, Palmer and Manning can all make plays down the field with their arm fairly consistently. Palmer isn't great, but he can still wow you 3-4 times a season.

Cassel is doing well to throw for 200 yards.

FYP

Count Zarth
03-26-2012, 03:40 PM
Seriously, Palmer had 5 300-yard games in 9 starts.

Cassel has 3 in 3 seasons.

Don't pretend like there isn't a sizable gap between them.

htismaqe
03-26-2012, 04:03 PM
Seriously, Palmer had 5 300-yard games in 9 starts.

Cassel has 3 in 3 seasons.

Don't pretend like there isn't a sizable gap between them.

First of all, what's the obsession with 300-yard games? They are 100% meaningless.

Second, I am not and never was trying to argue that there isn't a sizeable gap between those guys and Cassel. Read the original post and try to stay on topic.

Palmer is a loser. So is Rivers.

When a guy that missed the ENTIRE previous season is instantly the best QB in the division, that says something.

Count Zarth
03-26-2012, 04:08 PM
First of all, what's the obsession with 300-yard games? They are 100% meaningless.

Really?

Eli Manning had 10 last year including the playoffs, and two more of 290+.

Tom Brady had 12.

Even a guy like Joe Flacco had five (including playoffs).

Cassel's BEST GAME last year was 261 yards.

If you can't rack up the passing yards in this league forget it.

And personally, I still think Rivers is the best QB in this division. Maybe if Manning was 33.

htismaqe
03-26-2012, 04:42 PM
Really?

Eli Manning had 10 last year including the playoffs, and two more of 290+.

Tom Brady had 12.

Even a guy like Joe Flacco had five (including playoffs).

Cassel's BEST GAME last year was 261 yards.

If you can't rack up the passing yards in this league forget it.

And personally, I still think Rivers is the best QB in this division. Maybe if Manning was 33.

How many attempts did it take for them to get to 300 yards? That is FAR more important than just throwing for 300 yards in and of itself.

And Rivers is a LOSER.

Million dollar arm, sure. But a LOSER.

Count Zarth
03-26-2012, 04:47 PM
How many attempts did it take for them to get to 300 yards? That is FAR more important than just throwing for 300 yards in and of itself.

Why does it matter?

Cassel can't do it, they can.

The rest of the division has a huge advantage on us.

htismaqe
03-26-2012, 04:50 PM
Why does it matter?

Cassel can't do it, they can.

The rest of the division has a huge advantage on us.

:shake:

Count Zarth
03-26-2012, 04:54 PM
Call me when Cassel does something like this:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HfBbBv6Lv-A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Baby Lee
03-26-2012, 05:45 PM
Maybe if someone on the staff put a mock set of uprights on the sideline? :shrug:

O.city
03-26-2012, 05:46 PM
Still amazed that we let a guy totally run past us like that.

Pasta Giant Meatball
03-26-2012, 05:58 PM

He's a fast little bugger.

O.city
03-26-2012, 06:00 PM
Yeah, it was a really good play call by the Faid.

We were in our base D, couldn't get a pass rush from it and they had DHB just run past every one.

Baby Lee
03-26-2012, 06:01 PM

Lewis just came off two huge plays at the end of regulation. Raiders picked the perfect time to pick on him deep.

SNR
03-26-2012, 06:24 PM
You want a REALLY good QB division?

Manning
Rivers
Stanzi
Palmer

:D

Gadzooks
03-26-2012, 09:06 PM
You want a REALLY good QB division?

Manning
Rivers
Stanzi
Palmer

:D

Stanzi the Panzi. ROFL... See what I did there?

SNR
03-26-2012, 09:27 PM
Stanzi the Panzi. ROFL... See what I did there?Wasn't "Panzi" a colloquial term for Panzerfaust used by the Nazis?

Pasta Giant Meatball
03-27-2012, 05:40 AM
The Reighters are fucked.

htismaqe
03-27-2012, 06:42 AM

You COMPLETELY missed the point.