03-25-2012, 06:02 PM
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/40358/874840-jeanluc_super.jpg

(yes this needed its own thread)

Reaper16
03-25-2012, 06:04 PM
/handwank

BillSelfsTrophycase
03-25-2012, 06:07 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/h51be27dN8c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Extra Point
03-25-2012, 06:19 PM
Same single finger salute to Jim Nance.

Guru
03-25-2012, 06:21 PM
Same single finger salute to Jim Nance.

What did he say?

Thig Lyfe
03-25-2012, 06:23 PM
Roy can eat ten dicks

BillSelfsTrophycase
03-25-2012, 06:24 PM
Roy can eat ten dicks

False

Twenty...

Extra Point
03-25-2012, 06:28 PM
What did he say?

Indicated NC would win, while commentating the earlier game.

Also, a finger salute to the jackoff commentators during the KU-UNC halftime "show," prognosticating same.

Guru
03-25-2012, 06:30 PM

Also, a finger salute to the jackoff commentators during the KU-UNC halftime "show," prognosticating same.

hard to forgive stupidity eh?

Pablo
03-25-2012, 06:31 PM
I can't hate on Roy. Him leaving got us Bill Self. That's a great gift; and we should be forever grateful to him for that.

Donger
03-25-2012, 06:36 PM
From which episode is that?

SNR
03-25-2012, 06:40 PM
According to media jackasses, ACC/Big East will always trump anything not them. I'm not surprised by it.

Just really glad we came out on top and raped those assholes hard.

DJJasonp
03-25-2012, 06:41 PM
Steve Kerr can eat a bag of dicks while they're at it.

SoCalBronco
03-25-2012, 06:42 PM
KU should send Creighton's thugs a fruit basket.

BillSelfsTrophycase
03-25-2012, 06:43 PM

No Donk fans in here

Bearcat
03-25-2012, 06:44 PM

Meh, if you told me UNC started 11/13 and was shooting 64% at halftime, I would have thought KU might be within a couple of possessions, or could be down 5-10. And regardless of how often Self performs magic at halftime, did anyone really think UNC would be held to 20 points in the 2nd half?

ChiefaRoo
03-25-2012, 06:49 PM
"DAD GUM!"/Roy

Papi
03-25-2012, 08:07 PM
I can't hate on Roy. Him leaving got us Bill Self. That's a great gift; and we should be forever grateful to him for that.

This. With today's win I'm at peace with his departure now.

Chief_For_Life58
03-25-2012, 08:11 PM

yeah

nah Hey Roy

Get FUCKED!

BillSelfsTrophycase
03-25-2012, 08:17 PM

Been there back in '08, but a little lulz never hurt

WhiteWhale
03-25-2012, 08:30 PM
I"ll always view the hatred Jayhawk fans have for Roy Williams to be petty... or small... or childish. Whichever you feel is most offensive.

I've always followed KU basketball, but I'll never understand this petty hatred KU fans have for Williams.

Guru
03-25-2012, 09:26 PM
I"ll always view the hatred Jayhawk fans have for Roy Williams to be petty... or small... or childish. Whichever you feel is most offensive.

I've always followed KU basketball, but I'll never understand this petty hatred KU fans have for Williams.

I would change that to "some" KU fans. Outside of this board, I don't know a single one that hates Roy. Hell it was amazing he didn't leave the first time.

ArrowheadHawk
03-25-2012, 09:34 PM
Roy is cool in my book. Self owns him on the court.

WhiteWhale
03-25-2012, 09:35 PM
I would change that to "some" KU fans. Outside of this board, I don't know a single one that hates Roy. Hell it was amazing he didn't leave the first time.

Fair enough, absolutes are never accurate.

Fritz88
03-25-2012, 09:38 PM
Nope. Fuck Roy. In the world of sports, what he did is unforgivable.
Posted via Mobile Device

ReynardMuldrake
03-25-2012, 09:44 PM
I don't hate Roy. At the time I was pissed when it happened, but in retrospect he was doing us a huge favor. I respect the guy and I wish him well, I'm just glad he's gone.

Gravedigger
03-25-2012, 09:48 PM
I know I'm gonna get flak for saying it but it needs to be said: Get over it.

He's been gone for a long time, Bill Self is statistically better than he was while here. Not as many trips but got it where it counted. Instead of gloating or bitching about a person who hasnt been here for more than half a decade, focus on how the hell you're gonna beat Ohio State and more than likely the toughest team in the tourney in Kentucky.

Bearcat
03-25-2012, 09:50 PM
I know I'm gonna get flak for saying it but it needs to be said: Get over it.

He's been gone for a long time, Bill Self is statistically better than he was while here. Not as many trips but got it where it counted. Instead of gloating or bitching about a person who hasnt been here for more than half a decade, focus on how the hell you're gonna beat Ohio State and more than likely the toughest team in the tourney in Kentucky.

I'll need to work on my jump shot, that's for sure.

Pablo
03-25-2012, 09:52 PM
I'll need to work on my jump shot, that's for sure.Yeah, I kinda tweaked my ankle coming down from that oop but I'm sure I'll be good to go Saturday.

Gravedigger
03-25-2012, 09:54 PM
I'll need to work on my jump shot, that's for sure.

Point is is that some KU fans, not alot but some, are stuck in the past. You know what I meant about preparing for Ohio State, I left myself open on that one, but honestly everyone knows its not Final Four appearances that are special, it's teams like 2008 that are special.

T-post Tom
03-25-2012, 10:07 PM
Big KU fan. Never hated Roy for leaving. And even better: Self has brought the level of excellence even higher. Both are elite coaches.

Predarat
03-25-2012, 10:17 PM
Wonder if he will wear KU gear at the final four this time?

trndobrd
03-25-2012, 10:35 PM
Big KU fan. Never hated Roy for leaving. And even better: Self has brought the level of excellence even higher. Both are elite coaches.

Yep. Would have a lot more animosity if Roy had run off to some Big East school for a big paycheck, but I can hardly blame the guy for going back to where he got his start and always wanted to coach.

okcchief
03-25-2012, 10:57 PM
I don't hate Roy. It ended up helping both schools, but it's still nice to beat him. AGAIN!

Simply Red
03-26-2012, 01:04 AM
from an outsider viewing; it seemed like he handled it the right way, what gives?

Simply Red
03-26-2012, 01:06 AM
I don't hate Roy.

well that's good.

Dr. Facebook Fever
03-26-2012, 01:24 AM
but honestly everyone knows its not Final Four appearances that are special, it's teams like 2008 that are special.

On the contrary... final four appearances are pretty fucking special. Pretty mother fucking special even.

KC_Connection
03-26-2012, 01:27 AM
I surprisingly felt bad for Roy at the end (and especially after his press conference). It's still obvious that he really does care about KU a lot.

okcchief
03-26-2012, 01:40 AM
I surprisingly felt bad for Roy at the end (and especially after his press conference). It's still obvious that he really does care about KU a lot.

Originally, everyone thought he would replace Dean Smith. It was pretty much a no brainier. When he turned them down the first time I guess most figured he would retire at KU. You can't blame the guy for having a change of heart and going to a school where he had history. Roy's a great coach and so is Self. UNC and KU will always be alright regardless. If Self decided to go to OSU in five years I'd feel the same way. I'd ask him to piss in a cup, but I'd feel the same way :)

veist
03-26-2012, 03:29 AM

Yeah those Creighton 180th in adjustedD thugs, they sure play tough physical D. :rolleyes:

Earthling
03-26-2012, 03:54 AM
Fair enough, absolutes are never accurate.

That is the absolute truth.

Extra Point
03-26-2012, 09:28 AM
I'd feel disappointed, in a way, that Self isn't at Okla State within 5-6 years. Don't think that he'd handle his departure as how RW did.

Thig Lyfe
03-26-2012, 09:31 AM
I'd feel disappointed, in a way, that Self isn't at Okla State within 5-6 years. Don't think that he'd handle his departure as how RW did.

wat

veist
03-26-2012, 12:05 PM

Self isn't going to leave KU for Okie State, Roy left KU to take another blue blood top5 in the country job but it wasn't just any job it was to go coach for his coaching mentor Dean Smith at his alma mater in the job he dreamed about turned down and probably assumed he wouldn't be offered again let alone within a few years. I don't think Okie State quite has all that going for it in terms of getting Bill to "come home."

Dave Lane
03-26-2012, 12:37 PM

Yep it was the way he left though that really left a bitter taste in fans mouths but after he wore than Jawhawk emblem after we beat them on the run to the national championship I pretty much forgave everything and after yesterday I'm good with all of it.

qabbaan
03-26-2012, 12:40 PM
I don't understand the hate. Williams gave the fan base a lot of success over the years. He left but the school is better off now anyway.

DJJasonp
03-26-2012, 12:48 PM
I don't understand the hate. Williams gave the fan base a lot of success over the years. He left but the school is better off now anyway.

hate is a strong word. But.....

I dont like the whole "I'm stayin'" routine, where he said he looked in his players' eyes and couldnt leave those guys he recruited....yada yada yada"

And then 2-3 years later, pull the famous "I dont give a sh*t about North carolina right now" (after the Syracuse loss I believe it was)....and then leaves KU.

So you're telling me you couldnt quit on Hinrich, Collison, etc......but you were alright with quitting Langford, Miles, Simien???

I dont have a problem with Roy leaving......(we're better off for it)........but I think his reasoning, explanations, and song/dance.....we're all pretty much full-of-sh*t.

tarheel23
03-26-2012, 02:46 PM
Good game Hawks. We are glad to have Roy in Carolina. Read some of the Illinois boards and they feel about the same of Self and his toupe as you do of gosh darn Roy. Nice win.

Thig Lyfe
03-26-2012, 03:21 PM
Good game Hawks. We are glad to have Roy in Carolina. Read some of the Illinois boards and they feel about the same of Self and his toupe as you do of gosh darn Roy. Nice win.

FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!

ChiefaRoo
03-26-2012, 03:28 PM

and you are?..

tarheel23
03-26-2012, 03:47 PM
I am a guy whos team has won 2 national championships since Roy came home.

HemiEd
03-26-2012, 03:48 PM

Charles "Can't see enough of my fat face on the tube" Barkley picked them also, along with the rest of the line up.

HemiEd
03-26-2012, 03:52 PM

The difference is pretty clear, Illinois is a stepping stone for a former KU assistant. Not many BB coaches would call Illinois a final destination, not true with KU or NC.

I hated it when Roy left, but understood it, and now I am glad he is gone. I loved his style of play, but he didn't win a NC for KU. Both teams were winners when he left for NC, fuck Illinois.