PDA

View Full Version : KU **** OFFICIAL NEW 2011-2012 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread ****

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

Fritz88
03-29-2012, 12:26 AM
Let's take a break and dance...

http://soundbandits.squarespace.com/storage/hihihi.gif

ROFLROFLROFL

KILLER_CLOWN
03-29-2012, 12:35 AM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F9PbfdCIl-s?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F9PbfdCIl-s?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Dear Jim,

What you call a crank in the face I call Saturday night!

Sincerely,

Richard Simmons

ROFL this never gets old.

Fritz88
03-29-2012, 12:48 AM
Man, I wish I could be in Lawrence Saturday night.

I was there in 03. It was insane.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefspants
03-29-2012, 12:59 AM
Man, I wish I could be in Lawrence Saturday night.

I'll be watching the game at AFH with a few friends of mine, it'll be the first time I've ever attended the venue, so I'm incredibly excited. :)

Chief_For_Life58
03-29-2012, 01:47 AM
I'll be watching the game at AFH with a few friends of mine, it'll be the first time I've ever attended the venue, so I'm incredibly excited. :)

Is it free to watch there?

Guru
03-29-2012, 02:04 AM
I was there in 03. It was insane.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'll just bet man!!! My wife has to work a school event so I will have all 4 of my kids at home. NO way am I going to brave AFH with that troupe.

Fritz88
03-29-2012, 04:48 AM
I'll just bet man!!! My wife has to work a school event so I will have all 4 of my kids at home. NO way am I going to brave AFH with that troupe.

ROFL

You have your own event to handle.

Your wife owes you one, big time. :)

Braincase
03-29-2012, 06:51 AM

We thought about it. I need to be someplace where I can commandeer a remote so I can rewind and review.

Braincase
03-29-2012, 06:53 AM
Is it free to watch there?

Yeah. BGL stated so in her letter to the staff & faculty.

RockChalk
03-29-2012, 08:34 AM
Whites, the committee released the entire seed list this year and KU was the top 2 seed. http://www.sbnation.com/2012-ncaa-tournament/2012/3/11/2863068/ncaa-bracket-2012-overall-seeds/in/2626664

Perfect...Whites for the semis, Blues for the Championship.

I by no means am counting a win, but I feel very strangely confident about Saturday against tOSU. I felt this way saturday night and sunday all day before we played UNC. I play pick up hoops with a bunch of friends Sun mornings and told them last week that we would beat UNC, Marshall or not. Then that afternoon, they announced Marshall wouldn't play and that confirmed what I had been feeling.

I caught the tail end of some coaches show last night on Fox Sports. They had guys like Cremins, Ernie Kent, Perry Clark and Mic Cronin on. Cremins went with Louisville. Cronin and Clark went with tOSU. And Kent went with UK. The host (didn't recognize him) picked KU because he's known Bill Self since HS.

None of them really offered any great insight. Clark went with tOSU because he claims you need a great Big and great PG to win the championship. Excuse me, but I'll take Taylor and TRob over Craft and Sullinger every day of the week.

RockChalk
03-29-2012, 08:39 AM

Just so you know...the crowd that watched the games in 08 at AFH is a really good mix of people. Some students, but mostly just locals and families that want to watch it with 16,000 other people. I know it was damn near full for both games a few years ago.

*Note - I did not attend the AFH watch party, as I need to have beers on hand at all time when watching games of this magnitude. But I know a lot of people that went...it's very kid friendly, FWIW. But I'm sure you're speaking more about trying to watch a game and control 4 kids by yourself at the same time.

Mr. Plow
03-29-2012, 08:40 AM
Honestly, I hope everyone keeps picking OSU & UK to meet in the Championship. Gives a little bit more motivation to Taylor/Robinson - and they both seem to play a bit better when they feel they have something to prove.

RockChalk
03-29-2012, 08:46 AM
Honestly, I hope everyone keeps picking OSU & UK to meet in the Championship. Gives a little bit more motivation to Taylor/Robinson - and they both seem to play a bit better when they feel they have something to prove.

TRob always sounds the same in interviews, so you can't read much into him. But Tyshawn sounds about as loose as I've ever heard him. He's always in a pretty light mood, but you can tell he's really enjoying this. I think he's going to have his best game of his career on Saturday night.

He, through his play and the way he's handled everything the past 4 years, has easily become my favorite PG in the past 15 years. I'm really going to miss that guy.

Mr. Plow
03-29-2012, 08:49 AM
TRob always sounds the same in interviews, so you can't read much into him. But Tyshawn sounds about as loose as I've ever heard him. He's always in a pretty light mood, but you can tell he's really enjoying this. I think he's going to have his best game of his career on Saturday night.

He, through his play and the way he's handled everything the past 4 years, has easily become my favorite PG in the past 15 years. I'm really going to miss that guy.

Too many people were down on Tyshawn this year and one friend of mine was looking forward to the day he was no longer a Jayhawk. All I said to her was that this team was nothing without him, so she better enjoy the year. Haven't seen her since January....wonder what she thinks now. :)

Fritz88
03-29-2012, 08:53 AM
I think the team will play with nothing to lose against OSU. They know either way they'd be considered winners after what they have accomplished.

Maybe playing loose will be the way to go.

RockChalk
03-29-2012, 08:56 AM
Too many people were down on Tyshawn this year and one friend of mine was looking forward to the day he was no longer a Jayhawk. All I said to her was that this team was nothing without him, so she better enjoy the year. Haven't seen her since January....wonder what she thinks now. :)

Oh I think everyone has friends that are on that side of the Taylor fence. I have numerous friends that have been super critical of him for all 4 years. Most of those friends don't say anything about him anymore. My take has always been that you take the good with the bad from him. He's good far more often than he is bad, and without him, this team does not make the tournament this year. TRob may be our horse, but Taylor is the heart and soul of KU. He's really the kind of player that only comes through a university once a decade.

No matter what happens this weekend, I will be one KU fan really sad to see him go. Just something about the guy. Wish there was an exclusion where we could keep him for 10 years.

Dr. Facebook Fever
03-29-2012, 09:25 AM
I'd kind of like to see them bust out the red (crimson heh) unis if the make it to the finals. I think those look pretty sweet.

Dr. Facebook Fever
03-29-2012, 09:28 AM
Oh I think everyone has friends that are on that side of the Taylor fence. I have numerous friends that have been super critical of him for all 4 years. Most of those friends don't say anything about him anymore. My take has always been that you take the good with the bad from him. He's good far more often than he is bad, and without him, this team does not make the tournament this year. TRob may be our horse, but Taylor is the heart and soul of KU. He's really the kind of player that only comes through a university once a decade.

No matter what happens this weekend, I will be one KU fan really sad to see him go. Just something about the guy. Wish there was an exclusion where we could keep him for 10 years.

One of the sad things about college sports is getting attached to players that aren't going to be with you for more than 4 years (generally). But it's part of the territory of course and maybe makes us appreciate them even more while they're here. Watching them grow is a lot of fun.

Ceej
03-29-2012, 10:47 AM
TT will be my second favorite PG to ever play for KU - in my lifetime.

Chalmers is still my favorite, for obvious reasons.

Chiefs Pantalones
03-29-2012, 10:57 AM
Gettin' pumped and it's only Thursday. :)

Dr. Facebook Fever
03-29-2012, 11:02 AM

Agreed. Please ignore us and give us no chance nat'l media. Feel free to say it out loud too.

Dr. Facebook Fever
03-29-2012, 11:03 AM
TT will be my second favorite PG to ever play for KU - in my lifetime.

Chalmers is still my favorite, for obvious reasons.

Are you old enough to remember Ron Kellog? Just before Danny and the Miracles. I always really liked that guy.

ReynardMuldrake
03-29-2012, 11:07 AM
I thought this was interesting - Scouting KU in the words of other coaches:

Scouting Kansas: Style of play

"They are excellent in transition. They have two guards who are dynamic in terms of finishing. They run half-court offense and run it fast. The one difference from a year ago is they don't play as much high-low as they used to. They'll ball-screen you and drive you to the middle of the floor. They're a great passing team with a lot of lobs. The big guys really finish at the rim."

"They are great in transition. Tyshawn Taylor flies up the court. In the half court, they have two legit big men and then run high-low motion. They try and pound the ball inside. You have to make a choice whether to guard them one-on-one or double-team them. You can double off someone -- and it used to be Elijah Johnson -- but he's been much better lately so that's tough to do right now."

"They are tough and hard-nosed. They score off their defense better than just about anyone. They are inside-out oriented and are limited with their 3-point shooting. If they make 3's, they are tough to beat. They get more than 50 percent of their scoring from Thomas Robinson and Tyshawn Taylor."

Offensive strength

"They are a great dribble-drive team. They get the ball to the middle of the floor and into the paint. They create easy opportunities for their bigs and mix in enough 3-point shooting that you have to stop them. When Tyshawn is making 3's, it's a major problem."

"They play fast and they're crisp offensively. Robinson and [Jeff] Withey can both score on the block, but what's really tough is trying to deal with Tyshawn off ball-screens. They are great late in the shot clock."

"They play inside-out and can score with Robinson in the post or with Taylor and dribble penetration. He really makes them go and is really the only one -- well, he and Elijah -- that can create anything for themselves or their teammates."

Key player

"It's Taylor. He's the heart and soul of the team. At the end of the game, he's going to be the one who takes the shot. Look at the Missouri game where they were down, look at the Kansas State game when they were down. He drives the train and sets everyone else up for everything."

"Elijah Johnson. He's the X-factor. He can go 1 for 8 from 5 for 8. You know what you're getting from Robinson, Taylor and Withey, but you have no idea with Johnson."

"Withey. Defensively, that allows them to gamble and take chances. He protects the rim and changes the game defensively. He can dominate a game without scoring a point. He ignites the fast break by blocking shots, which leads to easy buckets."

Primary weakness

"Teams that have four-men that can step out and make shots cause them problems. Look at Ryan Kelly at Duke, or Purdue. It puts Withey in a tough situation and makes Thomas Robinson have to guard. Davidson drove them and shot the 3. Deshaun Thomas could give them problems. They are very effective when they can keep both bigs around the rim. They can't afford foul trouble with Robinson. At times, he doesn't even defend because he can't afford to be off the floor."

"They lack depth -- and they have trouble guarding with their wings. [Connor] Teahan and [Travis] Releford aren't very good -- and none of the bigs off the bench give them much at all. Their wings really struggle to guard. They don't move well laterally or off screens."

"Consistent shooting. They don't have a consistent marksman -- especially with Tyshawn struggling like he has in the postseason. You can really focus on two guys -- Tyshawn and Thomas. They aren't that difficult to guard."

How to stop them

"Texas A&M ground it out, slowed it down and played a hard-fought physical game. They can go through spurts when they don't score. When you don't allow them to get in transition and get fast-break opportunities with Withey blocking shots, they have trouble scoring. The key is not to give them easy opportunities."

"Get back in transition, don't let Robinson or Withey catch it deep. Make them catch it away from the basket -- and that way help can get there quick enough. Also, late in the shot clock, make sure you close the lane and don't let Tyshawn get in the lane and close to the basket."

"You need to try limit their fast-break opportunities and find a way to get Withey out of the game, which means having a pick-and-pop four-man who can step out and make shots from the perimeter. The easiest way to stop them, though, is to get back in transition."

Best way to score on them

"Get Withey in ball-screens away from the rim. Pull him out and that gives you opportunities to score in the paint. You have to attack Robinson and force him to have to guard."

"Pull Withey away from the basket. He doesn't guard ball-screens. If you have a smaller big man, that'll get him away from the basket. You also have to force the action inside, make Robinson move his feet."

"Make Robinson and Withey guard ball-screens. Bring both of them away from the basket, where they aren't comfortable. That way Withey isn't a rim protector anymore. Tyshawn is the energizer bunny, but he can be a ball-watcher and lose focus at times."

Ultimate concern

"Easy baskets and lobs at the rim. Regardless of what everyone says, they still have three pros on the floor. This team has made plays and shots when they have needed to. Robinson gets a rebound every 2½ or three minutes. The underrated aspect of Kansas is their offensive rebounding -- and it's not just Robinson and Withey. Releford and even Teahan sneak in there and get a few."

"They need to have balanced scoring. They can't just rely on Robinson and Withey down low. They need guys to make shots from the perimeter and when they aren't doing that, they will struggle."

"If I'm Bill Self, I'm worried about falling behind early. Can they make enough shots to catch up? They aren't a good 3-point shooting team, they only average about five a game. Who's going to make shots for them? That's a major worry."

Something extra

"Bill [Self] has really maximized this team. He's going to scheme you. He's definitely not going to just line up and play you man-to-man. You'd better be ready to handle the triangle-and-two. He usually does it and tries to take the guards out of the game."

"Teams with length can give Kansas some issues. I'm not sure how much length Ohio State has, but I think a guy like [William] Buford could give them problems. I'm not sure Releford or anyone can really match up with him."

"This team just isn't that talented. Let's call it like it is, but the kids are tough and believe they should be in the Final Four. They think they should win."

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/18112233/scouting-kansas-get-withey-robinson-away-from-rim-slow-the-game-down

Ceej
03-29-2012, 11:20 AM
Are you old enough to remember Ron Kellog? Just before Danny and the Miracles. I always really liked that guy.

Nope, I'm 27. Vaughn, Miles, Chalmers, and TT for me. I'm sure im missing a guy or two.

Bearcat
03-29-2012, 11:24 AM
I'll have to read through all of it later, but I like how 3 different people mentioned 3 different key players... and none of them even mentioned TRob (too obvious, I guess).

And they're all right. :D

Lzen
03-29-2012, 11:28 AM
What about when he gets the ball outside? He has improved his outside shooting. Sullinger isn't that athletic but I'm sure he could go by Withey and/or get him in foul trouble.

Self has insinuated that Withey will be guarding Sullinger most of the time. Their other big guy can play outside a little and that is not Withey's strength.

ReynardMuldrake
03-29-2012, 11:29 AM
For the sake of completeness, here's the scouting report on OSU.

Scouting Ohio State: Style of play

"They're a half-court execution team on offense. They run a lot of plays, and they don't particularly play real fast. Obviously, [Jared] Sullinger is a big part of what they're doing on offense, getting him the ball. Defensively, they're a solid man-to-man, half-court team. A scouting report-oriented defense."

"They want to play fast. They don't overwhelm you in transition because Sullinger isn't blazing fast. But [William] Buford and [Deshaun] Thomas will shoot fast in transition, and [Aaron] Craft likes to get to the basket in transition. In the half-court, they're very methodical about what they do. They'll set one screen, and if their guys are open, they're going to shoot. They look down low at the end, or it's Craft usually trying to make a play off a ball screen."

"They're a hybrid team. They have a couple of big strong bodies in [Evan] Ravenel and Sullinger, back-to-the-basket guys. Can throw it down to him. It's an old-school, traditional feel. But they can play a little more up-tempo, with Buford and Thomas running the wings. That's one of the reasons it makes them a tough matchup, because they can play slow and up-tempo."

Offensive strength

"Tremendous passing team. Tremendous. And all their players make the right pass and the right play. They take good shots and execute their offense. It's Aaron Craft. He orchestrates the whole show, gets everyone involved."

"Everybody on the court is a weapon. Their best weapon is Sullinger on the block. If you double-team him, someone is capable of making a shot. And if you don't, he'll score. Those guys have gained confidence with the tournament going on. Lenzelle [Smith Jr.] stepped up [vs. Syracuse], and Craft willed them to victory the game before. They're not dead-eye shooters, but if you leave them open, they'll hurt you."

"They can put the ball inside and have a back to the basket player. Sullinger is a legit 6-8, 6-9, but where he runs into problems is when he gets too antsy to score. He starts jumping into guys and look for calls. Their strength is when they go inside-outside: They bring the ball down, run ball-screens, high-low, get a touch for Sullinger, kick out, Thomas and Buford slashing. I doubt they'll be able to get a lot of transition stuff against Kansas. It will have to be their half-court offense, running through Sullinger."

Key player

"Everybody has their different opinion. But if you don't have Sullinger in that lineup, it's a mediocre lineup. He does so much; he's such a load on the block. You have to make the decision to trap him or not, but he's such a good passer out of the trap. Sullinger is the most important key."

"If Buford can play with confidence, they're tough to beat. It's been big for him that other guys have stepped up. Thomas has been their mainstay workhorse, using the right-shoulder floaters with his left hand. Those are tough shots. People have hung around with them because they have stopped Buford. If you can stop one person, it would be Sullinger, but that's not easy to do. To have your best chance to win, it would be Buford."

"I think it's Buford. That was our focus. Craft is consistent; he is what he is. He plays tough defense, might make a shot, makes good passes. Sullinger is pretty consistent with what you're going to get out of him. I really think it's Buford and how he shoots the 3-ball. If he loosens them up, spreads the defense out, it opens driving lanes for Thomas and post touches for Sullinger."

Primary weakness

"Offensively, their weakness is consistent outside shooting from 3. Aaron Craft is one of them. He has to shoot the ball at a good level. Lenzelle Smith has really stepped it up in the tournament, and that's probably why they're advancing. Defensively, they're a very good defensive team. Not a lot of weaknesses. But teams that push the ball in transition, that can hurt them. Teams who can beat them off the dribble."

"Depth. If you can get out and run on them, they don't have the bench that these other teams have. If Craft ever gets in foul trouble, they're in trouble. When Sullinger comes out, they're in trouble with Ravenel and Amir Williams. They are better in the half-court, but they're opportunistic in transition."

"It's outside shooting. That's why Buford is the key. Can Buford make enough shots from the perimeter? You can't count on Smith for three 3s a night. They're very good defensively, they have a good inside player and they apply ball pressure. The other thing is depth, especially on the perimeter. If Craft, Buford or Smith get into foul trouble, I think their depth comes into play."

How to stop them

"A team that can switch everything would give them problems. They're a play-oriented team. If you go man-to-man, switch everything 1-4. Teams that can pressure and switch will give them problems. They do a good job of running plays for Buford, Thomas and Sullinger. That's their offense: getting them shots in areas of strength. Buford getting handoffs to his left; Thomas off a pick or a screen; and Sullinger on the left block. Those are the three keys."

"You have to get Sullinger off the block. Let him take those perimeter shots, he's more willing to take 3s and faceup jumpers. If you push him off the block, you're in better shape. You have to be able to stop Craft from being in his comfort zone, with his little dribble pullups. Try to make him take tough, contested 3s. The two-dribble pullup to his left is Buford's go-to-thing. He's not as explosive as he used to be. He's not going to the basket. You have to make him a driver."

"You need to limit Sullinger's touches. I don't think a lot of teams try to front Sullinger, but he seems to find a way to get a lot of post touches. If they do go over the top, Sullinger is not a high-rising big guy who can finish in traffic. Two, I would really try to limit Buford. He's their key, so you have to limit his perimeter shots. I would really challenge Craft and Lenzelle Smith to make plays. If you're going to get beat, get beat by Craft or Lenzelle Smith."

Best way to score on them

"You have to have a low-post presence. Establish low post and score. Kansas can hurt them. Sullinger's not a great defender in the low post. Kansas needs [Jeff] Withey and [Thomas] Robinson and those guys to score around the basket. Thomas is not overly big. He's a tweener power forward, more of a faceup player. You can go at those two guys. You have to get the game going fast. Or attack them and spread them out off the dribble. Getting into the lane and kicking out. You gotta make the extra pass."

"We did a pretty good job of scoring on them with our movement. Whoever Craft is guarding, go away from them. Sullinger has trouble with his perimeter defense, and he's skeptical of foul trouble. Whoever he's guarding can exploit him. I don't think Kansas should change what they do. Craft made it hard on [Scoop] Jardine, but he was still able to play his game. He's a better on-ball defender than he is off-the-ball. I wouldn't get too crazy. I just think you can't try to do it by yourself. Once the ball is swung around, don't go one-on-one. That's when Craft is at his best. Score in the context of what you normally do."

"It's very interesting, because Craft is so good with ball pressure. I think it's very hard to ask your point guard to create as much as possible because Craft gives them problems. So you can put the ball in someone else's hands, or run him into a lot of ball screens. Plus, if you're having someone ball screen, you bring Sullinger and Thomas outside of the lane, you're making them slide their feet on the perimeter. I just don't like guys trying to handle the ball against Craft. He's an elite defender; he has a special skillset. He changes the tempo and flow of the game."

Ultimate concern

"I think it's trying to figure out a way to guard them. Zone is not the answer, and some people thought it was. They have so many good weapons. They beat Syracuse's zone. I think it's a decision on how you're going to guard them. Sullinger is a legitimate scoring option and low-post option. They have good scorers, they pass the ball and execute. It's a tough thing."

"You don't want to let them get into a rhythm. When they get the inside-outside game, the transition game -- you can't let it all click at the same time. If you double-team Sullinger, and you make a mistake on the rotation, they hit a shot. Don't let them get that sort of rhythm. You have to take away a couple of things. You have to rely on not making many mistakes. If you're used to double-teaming, double team Sullinger since your rotations will be fine. You can play him one-on-one. Kansas has big, strong athletes. He initiates a lot of contact, but he's not the most explosive player."

"It's probably Sullinger. I go back to personnel. Sullinger is a fantastic college basketball player. He's got to be your key. He's capable of scoring 25 on any given night. If you're talking against Kansas, it's if Sullinger can get Robinson in foul trouble. If Sullinger gets going and Robinson gets frustrated, it's a double-edged sword for Kansas. You have to limit Sullinger's touches inside, rush Buford on the perimeter. Make him go off the dribble, take away his catch and shoot. And you have to hope to make shots."

Something extra

"Take away Buford's catch and shoot. You can't let him go to his left. He loves going to his left. He's not a great ball-handler, so you can pressure him."

"Pressure Craft as much as you can full court. Get the ball out of his hands, make the other guys run offense. He doesn't get tired and worn down. He doesn't get too emotional. We tried to run the offense with other guys, but he reared his ugly head, so to say. We tried to do it. But the ball goes back to his man, and he's dangerous because he steals it from you."

"I think you can bother Craft. The one thing about him is he's pretty strong going to the basket, so you have to push up on him on ball screens. Hedge him, make him go away from the screen. He's better if he gets an angle and he attacks your big guy right away."

"Thomas is hard to take away. We tell our players he has to shoot over his right shoulder, but that doesn't seem to stop him. You have to limit him from catch-and-shoot opportunities. You don't want to get caught on a bad rotation."

"You have to go strong inside. Sullinger doesn't want to get in foul trouble. He wants to swipe at the ball, make you make mistakes. Craft is good in there, getting a hand in. You have to take it strong; don't settle for jump shots. Make them work."

"Kansas can guard one-on-one against Sullinger with their size. It should be interesting to see how Robinson or Withey defends him. If they double, they should leave Craft."

"Maybe give a junk defense, throw them off. See how you can do without doubling Sullinger to start. If I'm Kentucky, there's no way I double."

"Thomas is the best slashing four man I've seen. He gets behind the defense. He's going to get what he needs to get to. You need to make him make plays off the dribble going to the right. Just don't let him go left on you, because he's so good at the jump stop and finishing. You also have to limit transition points with him."

"You have to get back on defense. No transition lobs."

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/18112077/scouting-ohio-state-to-start-confront-sullinger-confound-craft

sedated
03-29-2012, 11:34 AM
I’m surprised to hear them all say Releford is weak at defense. Most people locally are calling him a defensive stopper, and crediting him with Buford’s bad performance in Lawrence.

I think this matchup will give up big problems; this will be one of those games Withey has less than 10 minutes. Ohio State's 3 will slide to the 4 to give the “4 perimeter” look that has given us trouble all year. Robinson will have to guard Sullinger, which could be trouble – he will either get in foul trouble or give up too many easy buckets…or both.

RockChalk
03-29-2012, 11:47 AM
I’m surprised to hear them all say Releford is weak at defense. Most people locally are calling him a defensive stopper, and crediting him with Buford’s bad performance in Lawrence.

I think this matchup will give up big problems; this will be one of those games Withey has less than 10 minutes. Ohio State's 3 will slide to the 4 to give the “4 perimeter” look that has given us trouble all year. Robinson will have to guard Sullinger, which could be trouble – he will either get in foul trouble or give up too many easy buckets…or both.

Oh so they're going to sit Deshaun Thomas this game? That will be quite the edge for us since he's been the player most discussed about giving teams trouble.

KC_Connection
03-29-2012, 11:53 AM
You can go look in the KU basketball thread from earlier in the year and find plenty that expressed similar thoughts about Tyshawn.

Bambi
03-29-2012, 11:59 AM
Beat OSU on Saturday then take down UK for the top spot in all of CBB?

Sure, why not.

RockChalk
03-29-2012, 12:02 PM
In December, we started the same lineup we've rolled with all year. We'll start with the same on Saturday. tOSU isn't going to go with a 4-guard lineup and change what they do just to beat us. They don't have to and given their lack of bench (like us), it makes zero sense for them to play small.

Withey will start off on Sulligner
Robinson on Thomas
Releford on Buford
Johnson on Smith Jr
Taylor on Craft

Exact same matchup as December, with Withey on Sullinger instead of Ravenel who filled in. Now, Withey may not be able to handle Sullinger (we have no reason to think he won't)...but if that's the case, then T-Rob will play Sully and a combo of Young/Wesley will have to chase Thomas around.

None of this will be due to tOSU playing a 4-guard lineup and going small against us. Not only will the Buckeyes not switch things up this late in the season, they don't have the guards (off the bench) to threaten us with going small. Just like us, they don't go very deep off their bench.

Dr. Facebook Fever
03-29-2012, 12:05 PM
Nope, I'm 27. Vaughn, Miles, Chalmers, and TT for me. I'm sure im missing a guy or two.

damn kids

Bambi
03-29-2012, 12:08 PM
In December, we started the same lineup we've rolled with all year. We'll start with the same on Saturday. tOSU isn't going to go with a 4-guard lineup and change what they do just to beat us. They don't have to and given their lack of bench (like us), it makes zero sense for them to play small.

Withey will start off on Sulligner
Robinson on Thomas
Releford on Buford
Johnson on Smith Jr
Taylor on Craft

Exact same matchup as December, with Withey on Sullinger instead of Ravenel who filled in. Now, Withey may not be able to handle Sullinger (we have no reason to think he won't)...but if that's the case, then T-Rob will play Sully and a combo of Young/Wesley will have to chase Thomas around.

None of this will be due to tOSU playing a 4-guard lineup and going small against us. Not only will the Buckeyes not switch things up this late in the season, they don't have the guards (off the bench) to threaten us with going small. Just like us, they don't go very deep off their bench.

I think they just rotate guys around on Sullinger if he becomes an issue kinda like Self did with Hummel. I remember TRob, Releford and even EJ guarding him.

EJ's funny, he can check anyone.

RockChalk
03-29-2012, 12:11 PM
I think they just rotate guys around on Sullinger if he becomes an issue kinda like Self did with Hummel. I remember TRob, Releford and even EJ guarding him.

EJ's funny, he can check anyone.

Sullinger isn't an outside threat. He's too big, and for the most part, you'll see either Withey or T-Rob on him.

People need to understand...Thomas has someone been made into this outside shooter. He's not. Can he shoot from outside? Yes, when he's hot. But he plays a lot of his game in the post as well. So we're not talking about guarding another guy like Hummel. Thomas has a very nice inside/outside game, but he's not a pure 3-pt guy like Hummel was.

Bambi
03-29-2012, 12:14 PM
Sullinger isn't an outside threat. He's too big, and for the most part, you'll see either Withey or T-Rob on him.

People need to understand...Thomas has someone been made into this outside shooter. He's not. Can he shoot from outside? Yes, when he's hot. But he plays a lot of his game in the post as well. So we're not talking about guarding another guy like Hummel. Thomas has a very nice inside/outside game, but he's not a pure 3-pt guy like Hummel was.

Can Young and Wesley get out on him and throw a couple fouls his way?

How is Sullinger's FT%?

sedated
03-29-2012, 12:14 PM
Oh so they're going to sit Deshaun Thomas this game? That will be quite the edge for us since he's been the player most discussed about giving teams trouble.

Huh? Their 3 is Thomas, who (I’m guessing) will play the 4 most of this game, so Self will be forced to either have Robinson guarding the perimeter or sit Withey. The more they play a true center alongside Sullinger, the better for us, and Matta won’t let that happen.

RockChalk
03-29-2012, 12:17 PM
Just as a comparison...3-pointers

Deshaun Thomas: 49 for 138 (35.5%)
Robbie Hummel: 72 for 188 (38.3%)

If tOSU wants to play Thomas out on the perimeter for 40 minutes on Saturday in order to keep T-Rob out of the paint defensively, I will welcome that with open arms. Especially for a guy who shoots 35%. If he is on fire, then I trust Self to formulate a new plan mid-game.

sedated
03-29-2012, 12:18 PM

I guess I disagree. With a week to prepare, and knowing that we are 10x better with our traditional lineup, I can see them adjusting. This ain't ole Roy and his "they have to adjust to US" philosophy.

But we shall see.

RockChalk
03-29-2012, 12:19 PM
Huh? Their 3 is Thomas, who (I’m guessing) will play the 4 most of this game, so Self will be forced to either have Robinson guarding the perimeter or sit Withey. The more they play a true center alongside Sullinger, the better for us, and Matta won’t let that happen.

No he's not. They start a 3 guards and 2 forwards. With Sullinger and Thomas as the forwards. Buford, Smith Jr and Craft are the guards.

RockChalk
03-29-2012, 12:20 PM
Can Young and Wesley get out on him and throw a couple fouls his way?

How is Sullinger's FT%?

77%. We won't make a living by fouling Sullinger and putting him on the line

sedated
03-29-2012, 12:23 PM
No he's not. They start a 3 guards and 2 forwards. With Sullinger and Thomas as the forwards. Buford, Smith Jr and Craft are the guards.

Not according to the interviews I've heard this week. Buford was referred to as the 2 and Thomas was the 3.

Doesn't matter, that only makes it easier for them. I see this as the type of lineup that gives us trouble. While they start 2 "forwards", only 1 is the stereotypical "forward".

But we shall see.

RockChalk
03-29-2012, 12:25 PM
I guess I disagree. With a week to prepare, and knowing that we are 10x better with our traditional lineup, I can see them adjusting. This ain't ole Roy and his "they have to adjust to US" philosophy.

But we shall see.

That's fine. We all have our own opinions.

I'm not saying that Thad is ole Roy. I'm saying that tOSU doesn't have the bench players to play that kind of line-up. Deshaun Thomas takes for 3's than your average forward, but he doesn't make a living outside. A lot of his game is played in the post. They will play the same way they have all season, because they don't have other options.

Like I said above...if Thad decides to just have Thomas run around the perimeter, then that's a philosophy change compared to all season long. But that doesn't mean they are playing with a small 4-guard lineup. And if Thad goes with that gameplan, Self will adjust and use a Young/Wesley combo to guard Thomas, with T-Rob/Withey on Sullinger.

RockChalk
03-29-2012, 12:27 PM
Not according to the interviews I've heard this week. Buford was referred to as the 2 and Thomas was the 3.

Doesn't matter, that only makes it easier for them. I see this as the type of lineup that gives us trouble. While they start 2 "forwards", only 1 is the stereotypical "forward".

But we shall see.

They can call Thomas a 3 all he wants, but he doesn't play like a 3. He plays like a 4, with some outside shooting range.

You're right though, we shall see. You think we'll have problems. I don't. I agree that a small lineup gives us fits, but no matter where tOSU lines guys up, they don't have a small guard-oriented lineup. And Deshaun Thomas isn't Robbie Hummel.

Mr. Laz
03-29-2012, 12:28 PM
outside shooting and foul trouble

same 2 things that decide every KU game

How scared KU plays effects both

Ari Chi3fs
03-29-2012, 12:49 PM
outside shooting and foul trouble

same 2 things that decide every KU game

How scared KU plays effects both

Kentucky has very little problems with foul shooting this year... Calipari, plagued by the 2008 FTs debachle, no doubt... implemented new training with the Wildcats this year... if the team missed 7 free throws, they had to do 7, thirty-three lines runs... which I assume is a pain in the ass... running from line to line on the court.

Bill Self ignores freethrows... this is one of the main reasons I see Kentucky trouncing whoever in this Final Four.

Lzen
03-29-2012, 01:09 PM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F9PbfdCIl-s?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" height="360" width="640"></object>

Dear Jim,

What you call a crank in the face I call Saturday night!

Sincerely,

Richard Simmons

ROFL this never gets old.

ROFL

Lzen
03-29-2012, 01:35 PM

Sherron Collins?

Mr. Plow
03-29-2012, 01:37 PM

What a n00b.

Sherron Collins?

Ceej
03-29-2012, 01:58 PM
Sherron Collins?

While SC played the point, I really don't consider him a true PG. I guess I consider the others more"true point guardish" than Sherron.

But at least I admitted to forgetting a couple of guys. :)

sedated
03-29-2012, 02:06 PM
A little fun to pass the time until Saturday night:

Rank the point guards of the Roy and Self years:

- Jacque Vaughn
- Kirk Hinrich
- Aaron Miles
- Russell Robinson
- Sherron Collins
- Tyshawn Taylor

Hard to believe – the gap between Vaughn and Hinrich seems like forever, but its been seamless ever since.

Dr. Facebook Fever
03-29-2012, 02:08 PM

- Jacque Vaughn
- Kirk Hinrich
- Aaron Miles
- Russell Robinson
- Sherron Collins
- Tyshawn Taylor

Hard to believe – the gap between Vaughn and Hinrich seems like forever, but its been seamless ever since.

Hinrich
Collins
Robinson
Taylor
Vaughn
Miles

is my initial reaction but it's very fluid

Ceej
03-29-2012, 02:08 PM

- Jacque Vaughn
- Kirk Hinrich
- Aaron Miles
- Russell Robinson
- Sherron Collins
- Tyshawn Taylor

Are we basing this off what we envision as a true PG or who we enjoyed watching the most??

Ceej
03-29-2012, 02:13 PM
Also, what about Chalmers?

He ran a little point.

Ceej
03-29-2012, 02:15 PM

- Jacque Vaughn
- Kirk Hinrich
- Aaron Miles
- Russell Robinson
- Sherron Collins
- Tyshawn Taylor

Based off who I enjoyed watching the most..

Hinrich, Taylor, Collins, Miles, RR, Jacque. JV was just a hair before my fandom.

Based off true PG aspect of the game -- Miles, Hinrich, TT, RR, Collins, JV.

Ceej
03-29-2012, 02:16 PM
Not the best quality.... CJ GILES SIGHTING!!!!111111
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GIV_bMmjIFk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

sedated
03-29-2012, 02:18 PM
Also, what about Chalmers?

He ran a little point.

I didn't include Chalmers, that line was a little blurry. Same with Boschee. And if they are in there, then it a slippery slope to Langford.

sedated
03-29-2012, 02:19 PM
Based off true PG aspect of the game -- Miles, Hinrich, TT, RR, Collins, JV.

LOL QUE? Russell Robinson was more of a true PG than Hinrich or TT.

DJJasonp
03-29-2012, 02:28 PM

- Jacque Vaughn
- Kirk Hinrich
- Aaron Miles
- Russell Robinson
- Sherron Collins
- Tyshawn Taylor

Scoring: Hinrich - Collins - Taylor - Vaughn - Robinson - Miles

Defense: Hinrich - Vaughn - Robinson - Miles - Taylor - Collins

Overall: Hinrich - Vaughn - Collins - Taylor - Robinson - Miles

If I want a true PG: I gottal love Vaughn's ability to drive, dish....unselfish.....and loved to play defense.

Versatility: Hinrich

Hinrich and Vaughn are two of my favorite all-time jayhawks

Ceej
03-29-2012, 02:52 PM

I guess it depends on your interpretation of true pg. RR was a great defender and pretty much average at everything else.

I think Hinrich and TT are leaps and bounds better at the PG spot.

KC_Connection
03-29-2012, 02:58 PM
I wasn't a KU fan in the mid 90s, so I can't give an educated opinion on Vaughn as a KU basketball player.

Mario Chalmers is the best guard that Self has ever had (and I would consider him to be somewhat of a PG), but out of your list, I'd rank them:

Hinrich
Collins
Taylor
Miles
Robinson

Chalmers would rank 2nd out of those guys, though.

Ceej
03-29-2012, 03:01 PM
And not to change the subject entirely....but what's everyone's interpretation of point guard? Just curious.

KC_Connection
03-29-2012, 03:04 PM
And not to change the subject entirely....but what's everyone's interpretation of point guard? Just curious.
Their main role on the team has to be facilitating the basketball/running the offense. LeBron is kind of a PG by that definition.

Ceej
03-29-2012, 03:08 PM
Their main role on the team has to be facilitating the basketball/running the offense. LeBron is kind of a PG by that definition.

My interpretation of PG is a leader. Someone who can dish the rock, shoot the ball efficiently, solid defender and someone who can get to the rim/foul line when a basket is needed.

Braincase
03-29-2012, 03:10 PM
Hinrich and Vaughn are two of my favorite all-time jayhawks

I'd love to see Vaughn on the bench. Smartest guard we had under Roy. I bet he'd be great calling on recruits, too. Charismatic.

SNR
My interpretation of PG is a leader. Someone who can dish the rock, shoot the ball efficiently, solid defender and someone who can get to the rim/foul line when a basket is needed.Would you say that when KU has Johnson and Taylor on the court at the same time, they work with two point guards? Or is Taylor the point and Johnson kind of serves as the 2 for that moment.

Buehler445
I haven't hated a college player as much as the whiny, little hacker (Aaron Craft) since Hansbrough in 2008. The guy's brand of defense is slapping hands/wrists/arms to knock balls loose. Please win the matchup, Tyshawn.

I guess it depends on your interpretation of true pg. RR was a great defender and pretty much average at everything else.

I think Hinrich and TT are leaps and bounds better at the PG spot.

Robinson had an absurd amount of assists in his time. He was a good PG.

Ceej
03-29-2012, 03:14 PM
Would you say that when KU has Johnson and Taylor on the court at the same time, they work with two point guards? Or is Taylor the point and Johnson kind of serves as the 2 for that moment.

That's a super tough call.

They're basically the same sized player. Obviously, they've got their own pros and cons. I think you could say TT is more of the PG because he's the primary ballhandler. But after what we've seen in the tournament so far EJ is also just as capable.

I think you could classify either as the #1 or #2.

Ceej
03-29-2012, 03:15 PM
Robinson had an absurd amount of assists in his time. He was a good PG.

He was solid, no doubt. He's shooting, however could have been better.

Braincase
03-29-2012, 03:58 PM
Kansas #2 in Faculty Fulbright Scholars...
#1 in city planning/urban dev programs...
#1 in special education...
#4 in pharmacy research...

And rising fast in a number of other programs (personally, I'm excited about Medical Device Design in the BioMechanical Engineering Program).

the Talking Can
03-29-2012, 04:12 PM

huh?

no...Self's pg's have almost all been 2's...with the exception of Collins

i think hinrich, TT, and russel are all more in the combo mold...collins and miles are true pgs, with collins being a scoring pg and miles a distributor...

Pants
03-29-2012, 05:19 PM
huh?

no...Self's pg's have almost all been 2's...with the exception of Collins

i think hinrich, TT, and russel are all more in the combo mold...collins and miles are true pgs, with collins being a scoring pg and miles a distributor...

Russ Rob was a true PG, mang.

the Talking Can
03-29-2012, 07:46 PM
Russ Rob was a true PG, mang.

no, he wasn't

he was a shooting guard recruited as a shooting guard
http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=8&c=1&nid=447686

Mr. Laz
03-29-2012, 07:47 PM
a shooting guard that couldn't shoot

Ari Chi3fs
03-29-2012, 09:55 PM
http://www2.kusports.com/podcasts/press_conferences_postgame_interviews/2012/mar/29/elijah-johnson/

Elijah Final Four Interview Podcast.

Mr. Plow
03-29-2012, 10:45 PM
Interesting tidbits about KU/UK in the tournament I stole from Phog.

Of the combined 29 Final Fours between the two schools, this is only the 2nd one in which KU and UK were both a part of (1993 and 2012). In addition, KU and UK have only played twice in the tourney and both times in the 2nd round (UK winning in 1999 and KU winning in 2007).

For the tremendous history of these programs, it's amazing that they have not played more often in the tourney and never past the 2nd round.

Buehler445
03-29-2012, 11:03 PM
http://www2.kusports.com/podcasts/press_conferences_postgame_interviews/2012/mar/29/elijah-johnson/

Dude is really well spoken.

Bambi
03-29-2012, 11:23 PM
Interesting tidbits about KU/UK in the tournament I stole from Phog.

Of the combined 29 Final Fours between the two schools, this is only the 2nd one in which KU and UK were both a part of (1993 and 2012). In addition, KU and UK have only played twice in the tourney and both times in the 2nd round (UK winning in 1999 and KU winning in 2007).

For the tremendous history of these programs, it's amazing that they have not played more often in the tourney and never past the 2nd round.

I'm tellin you. It's destiny.

Bambi
03-29-2012, 11:23 PM
Kansas #2 in Faculty Fulbright Scholars...
#1 in city planning/urban dev programs...
#1 in special education...
#4 in pharmacy research...

And rising fast in a number of other programs (personally, I'm excited about Medical Device Design in the BioMechanical Engineering Program).

Nice. KU should make a push to get into the SEC.

ROFL

Lzen
03-30-2012, 08:19 AM
Dude is really well spoken.

I love listening to EJ interviews. He reminds me very much of a good friend of mind. He seems to be a thinker. Sits back and ponders things.

RockChalk
03-30-2012, 08:34 AM
I love listening to EJ interviews. He reminds me very much of a good friend of mind. He seems to be a thinker. Sits back and ponders things.

For 2 years now, I've been telling friends that EJ will be one of those really cool old dudes that you just want to sit down with and listen to. Hell, he pretty much already is (except he's lacking age). Can't wait to see how he does as a leader next season.

Kyle DeLexus
03-30-2012, 08:59 AM
Aaron Miles has always been one of my favorite Jayhawks, but with that list it's hard to rank him very high.

Lzen
03-30-2012, 09:29 AM

While we're at it, how about Bill Self's press conference? Love the part at about 6:30 where he says "Hey Jack". I assume he's talking to Jack Harry.

Bambi
03-30-2012, 09:32 AM
While we're at it, how about Bill Self's press conference? Love the part at about 6:30 where he says "Hey Jack". I assume he's talking to Jack Harry.

His shot at the "local media" was set directly at Jack Harry. It was hilarious.

KU fans should chill though. JH is about to kill himself based on what he's been saying lately.

sedated
03-30-2012, 09:39 AM
I was bored, so I rewatched the KU-Ohio State game last night. Hard to believe it was that long ago – it was the same day as the Heisman ceremony, the Xavier/Cincinnati brawl, and Charlie Weis was hired as KU’s football coach.

Thomas was a beast in the 1st half. I think he had 12 points in the first 13 minutes, including a few 3s. He was also a bit of a hot-head in the 2nd half, needing his teammates to pull him away from the ref at one point.

Ravenel was completely useless as a defender in the post. He couldn’t maintain his box-out when we swung the ball from side to side, so ended up fouling.

EJ was the man, hitting 4 of his first 5 3s (IIRC), and I think 5 of 7 overall.

I remembered Young’s 3s as the turning point in the game, but that kid was all over the place. He drew 2 offensive fouls, got rebounds, and finished on some fast breaks. A lot of that was because of opportunity – Withey didn’t play a whole lot, partially because of fouls, partially because of matchups, and partially because Young was playing so well. Young probably played as many minutes as Robinson.

Lzen
03-30-2012, 09:44 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OOirBrUnLHk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mr_Tomahawk
03-30-2012, 10:57 AM
Final Four 2012: Kentucky's Anthony Davis named AP player of year

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/story/2012-03-30/final-four-2012-kentuckys-anthony-davis-named-ap-player-of-year#ixzz1qcGhKoUr

Dr. Facebook Fever
03-30-2012, 11:17 AM

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/story/2012-03-30/final-four-2012-kentuckys-anthony-davis-named-ap-player-of-year#ixzz1qcGhKoUr

Meh I can live with that... he's deserved it.

Fritz88
03-30-2012, 11:27 AM

TRob deserved it. Whatever.
Posted via Mobile Device

Braincase
03-30-2012, 11:33 AM
Meh I can live with that... he's deserved it.

I hope TRob feels disrespected and takes it out on the remaining teams.

Ari Chi3fs
03-30-2012, 11:34 AM
I hope this snub pisses off TRob and sends him into full-on beast mode and hope this makes Anthony Davis a bit complacent...

Fuck you, Associated Press.

Fritz88
03-30-2012, 11:35 AM

That's my thought too. Although we are hoping for too much. Final four should be enough. I have to always remind myself.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bambi
03-30-2012, 11:36 AM
Who cares. I want a Championship.

Mr. Laz
03-30-2012, 11:43 AM
Davis received 43 votes, Robinson 20
nobody as ugly as Davis should win the POTY

Dr. Facebook Fever
03-30-2012, 11:54 AM

Excellent point... I completely concur.

Buehler445
03-30-2012, 01:35 PM

This.

Unleash the fury, fire, and brimstone, TROB.

Buehler445
03-30-2012, 01:37 PM
Who cares. I want a Championship.

I want one too. And believe me, my TV will get yelled at a lot this weekend.

But I'm expecting a loss. The fact remains that this team has 5 guys that can play ball. 5.

Mr. Laz
03-30-2012, 02:37 PM
I want one too. And believe me, my TV will get yelled at a lot this weekend.

But I'm expecting a loss. The fact remains that this team has 5 guys that can play ball. 5.
Young told me to tell you that you're a worthless bastige and that you should DIAF.

just sayin'

:D

Guru
03-30-2012, 03:06 PM

Frank Haith named AP Coach of the Year too.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/missouris-frank-haith-is-aps-college-basketball-coach-of-the-year/2012/03/30/gIQAQAoMlS_story.html

What a joke.

KC_Connection
03-30-2012, 03:14 PM

As he should have.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...MlS_story.html

What a joke.

As he shouldn't have.

Fritz88
03-30-2012, 03:29 PM

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/missouris-frank-haith-is-aps-college-basketball-coach-of-the-year/2012/03/30/gIQAQAoMlS_story.html

What a joke.

If Self deserved a NCOY award in his 9 seasons at KU, it would be this one.

This is a fucking joke.

Messier
03-30-2012, 03:34 PM
I see the vote was made before the tournament started.

Messier
03-30-2012, 03:35 PM
Oh well, Haith can have COY, I'll take the final four.

Buehler445
03-30-2012, 03:52 PM
Young told me to tell you that you're a worthless bastige and that you should DIAF.

just sayin'

:D

That's fine. He's put together 2 or 3 really solid games and a few OK games but he isn't very good. He can't be counted on To score or defend. He can be counted on for a defensive lapse and 2 epic stupid fouls. He is going the right direction though, he is getting better. Hopefully my comments are good for young going 20 and 10, wesley going 10 and 10 with 2 blocks and Teahan going 8-8 from 3.

But the fact remains we have 5 guys that can play. 5.5 if you insist on Young.

Oh well, Haith can have COY, I'll take the final four.

This. 101 out of 100 times.

Bambi
03-30-2012, 04:18 PM
Self has never won AP COY?

lol

no wonder we always win

Guru
03-30-2012, 04:24 PM

lol

no wonder we always win

They are hoping Kansas will go away if they keep ignoring it.

Bambi
03-30-2012, 04:30 PM
Stan Weber says:

KU Basketball 2012 = KSU Football 2011

sedated
03-30-2012, 04:32 PM
This Davis/NPOY sh!t is infuriating.

“Ground-breaking defensive player”? He ranks third in blocks AMONG FRESHMEN.

He set the record for lowest points per game (14.3) to win NPOY.

But he “changes the game”. Bullsh!t. Lots of players “change the game”, including the one that has been beaten up by double and triple teams all year and still dwarfed Davis’ numbers.

sedated
03-30-2012, 04:33 PM
Stan Weber says:

who cares?

Mr_Tomahawk
03-30-2012, 04:37 PM

lol

no wonder we always win

Bambi
03-30-2012, 04:42 PM

oh, I was lookin at Naismith.

In that case it's all good!

Mr. Laz
03-30-2012, 04:49 PM
Stan Weber says:

Stan Weber can blow the KSU Wildcat

http://lschwinn.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/1-5-2012-willie.jpg

Silock
03-30-2012, 05:01 PM
Trob deserved it more. Played against better competition. I don't care that Davis will be the number one pick.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-30-2012, 05:03 PM
I don't care about individual accolades...only team ones.

KC_Connection
03-30-2012, 05:04 PM

But he “changes the game”. Bullsh!t. Lots of players “change the game”, including the one that has been beaten up by double and triple teams all year and still dwarfed Davis’ numbers.
There's nothing bullshit about it. There is a reason Kentucky is the favorite of the four teams remaining in this tournament, a reason Davis is set to be the #1 pick in the draft, and a reason he's expected to step in to the NBA as a tremendous defensive force once he gets there. This isn't some media conspiracy, Davis is actually the best and most impressive player in the NCAA.

O.city
03-30-2012, 05:06 PM
People need to take the rose colored glasses off.

TROB is a great player and has had an exceptional year.

Davis is better. Better on both ends. Kentucky has alot more talent so he's not asked to do as much on offense as TROB, but he could.

Bambi
03-30-2012, 05:08 PM

Davis is better. Better on both ends. Kentucky has alot more talent so he's not asked to do as much on offense as TROB, but he could.

TROB?

Oh, I thought we were all pissed cause Tyshawn was supposed to win POY.

Chiefspants
03-30-2012, 05:09 PM

The balance on their offense is quite reminiscent to KU's in 2008, Brandon Rush led the team in scoring with what, 13 PPG?

Mr. Plow
03-30-2012, 05:21 PM

Blocks. Blocks are what are important this year. Never again, and never before, but this it's the year they picked. Scoring and rebounding will once again be important next year.

Silock
03-30-2012, 05:21 PM
Better on both ends. Kentucky has alot more talent so he's not asked to do as much on offense as TROB, but he could.

Horseshit. David doesn't face double teams every time. Trob has better numbers despite that.

Mr. Plow
03-30-2012, 05:23 PM
Horseshit. David doesn't face double teams every time. Trob has better numbers despite that.

Forget numbers, they mean little.

Mr. Plow
03-30-2012, 05:25 PM
Oh wait, he's going to be the #1 pick in the draft and a defensive force in the NBA? Yeah, that matters in college. Lol.

Guru
03-30-2012, 05:26 PM
ACtually I like the fact that KU is getting zero respect. Keeps the players focused.

KC_Connection
03-30-2012, 05:38 PM
Oh wait, he's going to be the #1 pick in the draft and a defensive force in the NBA? Yeah, that matters in college. Lol.
It does. He's the chief reason UK has lost ONE game all season and beat down KU (and TRob) at MSG.

Guru
03-30-2012, 05:39 PM
It does. He's the chief reason UK has lost ONE game all season and beat down KU (and TRob) at MSG.

Who cares. They are not a college team. Just a bunch of one and dones.

Chiefs Pantalones
03-30-2012, 05:41 PM
I hope we win and I hope we play UK.

KC_Connection
03-30-2012, 05:41 PM
Who cares. They are not a college team. Just a bunch of one and dones.
Did freshmen recently stop being counted as college players?

Guru
03-30-2012, 05:42 PM
Did freshmen recently stop being counted as college players?

Get a degree and I'll call them college players.

Thig Lyfe
03-30-2012, 05:43 PM

So wait, college players aren't college players until they're done with college?

KC_Connection
03-30-2012, 05:44 PM
We better take away our 2008 title, then. The team was full of two/three and dones.

KC_Connection
03-30-2012, 05:46 PM
%Min ORtg %Poss eFG% TS% OR% DR% ARate TORate Blk% Stl% FC/40 FD/40 FT Rate
78.7 106.9 29.6 52.0 55.6 11.1 30.9 13.6 17.2 3.1 2.1 3.6 5.8 46.9

%Min ORtg %Poss eFG% TS% OR% DR% ARate TORate Blk% Stl% FC/40 FD/40 FT Rate
79.3 135.8 19.1 63.8 66.3 11.5 23.5 6.9 9.1 13.9 2.5 2.5 4.7 59.9

If you want to look at the stats, there really isn't much that TRob is superior to Davis at apart from his defensive rebounding. And while this can be partially attributed to his huge role in the offense, he's a far, far less efficient player offensively.

Guru
03-30-2012, 05:47 PM
We better take away our 2008 title, then. The team was full of two/three and dones.

Associate degrees.

I'm sorry but one and dones have no place in college basketball and I can't respect a program or coach that fills his team with them. Calipari.

Guru
03-30-2012, 05:48 PM
So wait, college players aren't college players until they're done with college?

Those players are not there for college. They are there because the NBA for some stupid reason decided to require one year of college.

KC_Connection
03-30-2012, 05:50 PM
Those players are not there for college. They are there because the NBA for some stupid reason decided to require one year of college.
I hate to break it to you, but none of the main players on KU really give much of a damn about a college degree. This is major college sports here. They're all at KU to help bridge to professional basketball careers. If they could have gotten to the NBA after their freshman years, they all would have made that same choice.

KC_Connection
03-30-2012, 05:51 PM
Associate degrees.

I'm sorry but one and dones have no place in college basketball and I can't respect a program or coach that fills his team with them. Calipari.
One and dones have a place in college basketball as long as the rules allow for that. Just like Calipari, Self would take Shabazz is a second if he could get him in Lawrence.

KC_Connection
03-30-2012, 05:55 PM
I hope we win and I hope we play UK.
I hope we win and play Louisville. Way easier that way. Although I think KU could beat UK, I don't consider it all that likely.

Guru
03-30-2012, 05:56 PM
Lots of teams will take one player that is a one and done and I can live with that. But when you fill up your team with them like Calipari does then you don't give a shit about the point of going to college in the first place.

Yeah, the rules allow for it. Doesn't mean it isn't a dumbass rule.

KC_Connection
03-30-2012, 05:57 PM
Lots of teams will take one player that is a one and done and I can live with that. But when you fill up your team with them like Calipari does then you don't give a shit about the point of going to college in the first place.

Yeah, the rules allow for it. Doesn't mean it isn't a dumbass rule.
The NCAA is a dumbass organization. I don't blame teams (and coaches) for taking advantage of that.

Guru
03-30-2012, 05:58 PM
The NCAA is a dumbass organization. I don't blame teams (and coaches) for taking advantage of that.

I agree with your first comment.

KC_Connection
03-30-2012, 05:59 PM
If Calipari could keep these guys at UK longer, I'm sure he'd love that. He doesn't recruit "one and dones," he recruits the best players he possibly can out of high school because NBA rules stupidly force these kids to wait until they're 19 to be drafted. I really don't see what the problem is on his end (or anybody else that takes advantage of this like Self has with Henry and Selby).

Guru
03-30-2012, 06:01 PM

BTW, if Calipari could keep these guys at UK longer, I'm sure he'd love that. He doesn't recruit "one and dones," he recruits the best players he possibly can.

BS. He knows they are only going to stay one year and he as well as the university do not even give a shit. They are setting a horrible precedent with what they are doing. I only hope that UK does NOT win the NC to help tarnish the thought.

KC_Connection
03-30-2012, 06:03 PM
BS. He knows they are only going to stay one year and he as well as the university do not even give a shit. They are setting a horrible precedent with what they are doing. I only hope that UK does NOT win the NC to help tarnish the thought.
So your argument is that he shouldn't recruit the best players in America because he thinks they might go to the NBA. He should recruit less talented players instead and make things far more difficult for the program.

Yeah...I'm not seeing any logic to this.

Chiefs Pantalones
03-30-2012, 06:13 PM
Hubert, Vitale and Jay all pick OSU over KU. Shocker. They say we don't have anybody that can guard Buford or Sullinger and TRob would have to have a huge game to win.

Chiefs Pantalones
03-30-2012, 06:15 PM
Bob Knight said it best about Calipari (ESPN made him apologize): He's a disgrace to basketball and just sports in general. He's terrible for sports.

Mr. Laz
03-30-2012, 06:19 PM
I hope we win and I hope we play the team we have the best chance of beating.

fyp

to hell with that pride crap, i just want to win.

KC_Connection
03-30-2012, 06:38 PM
Hubert, Vitale and Jay all pick OSU over KU. Shocker. They say we don't have anybody that can guard Buford or Sullinger and TRob would have to have a huge game to win.
If Harrelson can neutralize Sullinger as he did last year, I think Withey can too. He has an issue with size.

A big problem for KU is going to be Deshaun Thomas in my mind.

KC_Connection
03-30-2012, 06:39 PM
Bob Knight said it best about Calipari (ESPN made him apologize): He's a disgrace to basketball and just sports in general. He's terrible for sports.
That had more to do with the violations that followed him than recruiting the best players in the country.

Chiefspants
03-30-2012, 06:50 PM
That had more to do with the violations that followed him than recruiting the best players in the country.

And, how does he recruit those players again?

Silock
03-30-2012, 06:52 PM

He isn't *the* reason they won that game. Tyshawn's turnovers were a huge factor. Davis had 7 blocks, but Withey had 4. Jones and MKG also had a significant number of blocks in that game. They were a better TEAM that game. It wasn't an individual effort that won them that game.

Chiefs Pantalones
03-30-2012, 06:53 PM

That goes hand in hand. He's a cheater, scum, lowlife piece of shit. He's a locus. Every where he goes Mr. Vacated follows.

Silock
03-30-2012, 06:55 PM
And while this can be partially attributed to his huge role in the offense, he's a far, far less efficient player offensively.

Well, you pretty much hit the nail on the head with the first part: He gets used a FUCKTON more than Davis does. He shoulders a much bigger burden than Davis does. If Davis has a poor offensive game, UK still wins. If TRob has a poor offensive game, it's VERY tight for KU.

Guru
03-30-2012, 06:56 PM

I love that coach.

Silock
03-30-2012, 06:58 PM

There's a quote from the 2008 team (I forgot which of our players said it, but it applies here, too):

"Everyone was asking how we were going to stop them. No one ever asked how they were going to stop us."

Silock
03-30-2012, 06:59 PM

He leaves two schools, and they have Final Fours vacated for cheating. Is that coincidence?

Mr. Laz
03-30-2012, 07:00 PM
That goes hand in hand. He's a cheater, scum, lowlife piece of shit. He's a locus. Every where he goes Mr. Vacated follows.

If Kentucky wins a NC this year, i wonder how long before it's vacated?

Shouldn't the NCAA of suspended Calipari for a couple of years or something already.

Silock
03-30-2012, 07:03 PM

Never. UK brings in too much money to be given sanctions, unless something HUGE happens (I'm talking bigger than OSU football and Penn State scandals combined).

Chiefs Pantalones
03-30-2012, 07:04 PM

Shouldn't the NCAA of suspended Calipari for a couple of years or something already.

That's what we were talking about at my work today. It doesn't matter if they win the title, it's gonna be vacated shortly after anyway. Unless he has changed his ways it'll happen at UK too.

Chiefs Pantalones
03-30-2012, 07:06 PM
There's a quote from the 2008 team (I forgot which of our players said it, but it applies here, too):

"Everyone was asking how we were going to stop them. No one ever asked how they were going to stop us."

Yeah I remember EVERYBODY but probably Bilas picking us to lose to UNC in the semi.

Chiefs Pantalones
03-30-2012, 07:12 PM

The NCAA is one of the most corrupt entities you'll ever hear of.

sedated
03-30-2012, 07:32 PM
Can we ban kc connection from KU threads? I'm starting to think he's a mizzou fan in disguise.

Silock
03-30-2012, 08:33 PM

They lost two.

Mr. Laz
03-30-2012, 08:35 PM
Never. UK brings in too much money to be given sanctions, unless something HUGE happens (I'm talking bigger than OSU football and Penn State scandals combined).
If they find a violation about one of UK's starting players they really don't have much choice but to vacate it.

KC_Connection
03-30-2012, 08:35 PM
And, how does he recruit those players again?
At UK, I'm sure it isn't too difficult. That program sells itself.

Mr. Laz
03-30-2012, 08:36 PM
Can we ban kc connection from KU threads? I'm starting to think he's a mizzou fan in disguise.
Iggy is your friend

KC_Connection
03-30-2012, 08:37 PM
They lost two.
Right, I guess it's easy to ignore those meaningless conference tournament games.

Chiefs Pantalones
03-30-2012, 08:40 PM
Right, I guess it's easy to ignore those meaningless conference tournament games.

They mean the world to everyone!!!! They are much more important than national titles!!11 /Mizzou fan

KC_Connection
03-30-2012, 08:40 PM
He isn't *the* reason they won that game. Tyshawn's turnovers were a huge factor. Davis had 7 blocks, but Withey had 4. Jones and MKG also had a significant number of blocks in that game. They were a better TEAM that game. It wasn't an individual effort that won them that game.
Tyshawn Taylor had no turnovers at all in that game. He was the only reason KU even prevented that lead from getting into the 20+ range.

Davis and UK's size completely neutralized TRob and KU's offense. That was the story of the UK/KU game in November.

KC_Connection
03-30-2012, 08:43 PM
I know he's an asshole and a cheater, but I don't blame him for going after the best players in the country. Nobody should.

KC_Connection
03-30-2012, 08:47 PM
Ban me? Seriously? LMAO

I was the guy in these threads who was saying back in December that this was one of the best teams in the country while many of you were panicking and questioning the rest of the season. I'm the guy who defended Tyshawn Taylor as one of the best guards in the country when some were ridiculously asking for Naadir Tharpe to play starter's minutes.

I'm sorry that my objectivity upsets you in this case, but I'm just as much of a KU fan as anybody.

Guru
03-30-2012, 08:49 PM
I wish they would just let these players go straight to the NBA so this discussion would be moot.

Chiefs Pantalones
03-30-2012, 08:52 PM
I wish they would just let these players go straight to the NBA so this discussion would be moot.

I wish they'd make them stay 2 to 3 years. They would become better players for their school, their future teams' in the NBA and for themselves. And become more well-rounded individuals in the process.

KC_Connection
03-30-2012, 08:53 PM
They mean the world to everyone!!!! They are much more important than national titles!!11 /Mizzou fan
Yeah, they meant so much that each of the five best teams in the country (UK, Syracuse, Ohio St, KU, and UNC) lost in them. LMAO

Guru
03-30-2012, 08:55 PM
I wish they'd make them stay 2 to 3 years. They would become better players for their school, their future teams' in the NBA and for themselves. And become more well-rounded individuals in the process.

Agreed, but these kids don't want to be in college. If they did, they would stay.

O.city
03-30-2012, 08:57 PM
I think they should stay 2 or 3 years, just for the fact that I love College BBall so much.

KC_Connection
03-30-2012, 08:57 PM
Well, you pretty much hit the nail on the head with the first part: He gets used a ****TON more than Davis does. He shoulders a much bigger burden than Davis does. If Davis has a poor offensive game, UK still wins. If TRob has a poor offensive game, it's VERY tight for KU.
This is all true, but it doesn't change that Davis is an incredible defensive player with great efficiency on the offensive end. I've watched the two of them a ton this year and I really can't say that TRob is better than him as a player. I wish I could, but I can't.

KC_Connection
03-30-2012, 08:59 PM
I'd be OK with that as long as they had the option to go straight to the pros out of high school. University shouldn't be forced on anybody.

Silock
03-30-2012, 09:02 PM
Tyshawn Taylor had no turnovers at all in that game. He was the only reason KU even prevented that lead from getting into the 20+ range.

Davis and UK's size completely neutralized TRob and KU's offense. That was the story of the UK/KU game in November.

I remember him making a lot of bad decisions that led to turnovers. I remember him driving the lane easily, and getting a lot of points from the line, but he didn't do much from the floor.

KC_Connection
03-30-2012, 09:05 PM
I remember him making a lot of bad decisions that led to turnovers. I remember him driving the lane easily, and getting a lot of points from the line, but he didn't do much from the floor.
How is that possible when he was attributed no turnovers at all? Tyshawn didn't make shots that game, but he was the only guy on the team to really show up (outside of TRob's usual rebounding production).

Silock
03-30-2012, 09:05 PM
This is all true, but it doesn't change that Davis is an incredible defensive player with great efficiency on the offensive end. I've watched the two of them a ton this year and I really can't say that TRob is better than him as a player. I wish I could, but I can't.

I didn't say he wasn't a great player. He is. I just think TRob is more impressive because he's done it against better competition all while being focused on. Davis doesn't have that kind of pressure.

Silock
03-30-2012, 09:10 PM
How is that possible when he was attributed no turnovers at all? Tyshawn didn't make shots that game, but he was the only guy on the team to really show up (outside of TRob's usual rebounding production).

Taking bad shots is equivalent to a turnover. Obviously, my memory of the game is a bit fuzzy, but I don't remember him doing a lot of good aside from getting to the line a lot. I remember that UK played better as a team, but I don't think Davis alone was the reason they won. We made a TON of mistakes that weren't his doing. We should have been leading at halftime.

KC_Connection
03-30-2012, 09:13 PM
Taking bad shots is equivalent to a turnover. Obviously, my memory of the game is a bit fuzzy, but I don't remember him doing a lot of good aside from getting to the line a lot. I remember that UK played better as a team, but I don't think Davis alone was the reason they won. We made a TON of mistakes that weren't his doing. We should have been leading at halftime.
IIRC, Tyshawn was forced into several bad shots because nothing that KU was doing offensively was working. TRob had been thoroughly shut down by UK, as had everyone else. They were just outclassed by better and more talented players that day.

Now obviously, KU has improved immensely as a team since then. But so has UK. Given the choice, I'd much rather avoid them in the final (you know, assuming they get by the almost equally as tough OSU team).

Silock
03-30-2012, 09:15 PM
Totally agree with that. My dream scenario is us winning comfortably against OSU and Louisville winning in a long, hard-fought game that drains them physically and mentally.

Bambi
03-30-2012, 09:25 PM
Why you guys worried about Ohio State?

We're gonna blow their doors off. Shit, I might not even watch.

Mr. Plow
03-30-2012, 09:29 PM

You say some stupid ass shit sometimes.

Bambi
03-30-2012, 09:31 PM
You say some stupid ass shit sometimes.

Oh wait, I just rechecked my bracket.

I have OSU beating KU in the final four then going on to win it all.

damn...

Mr. Plow
03-30-2012, 09:32 PM
Oh wait, I just rechecked my bracket.

I have OSU beating KU in the final four then going on to win it all.

damn...

I've got KU in the finals, but if you think we'll blow their doors off, I'm not sure what to tell you.

Bearcat
03-30-2012, 09:32 PM

That's like the people saying KU could get blown out by UNC last week... OSU has only lost by more than 10 once in the past 2.5 seasons, and that was by 11 on the road without Sullinger.

Of course, that was against Kansas, but still...

Bambi
03-30-2012, 09:33 PM
That's like the people saying KU could get blown out by UNC last week... OSU has only lost by more than 10 once in the past 2.5 seasons, and that was by 11 on the road without Sullinger.

Of course, that was against Kansas, but still...

heh...

KC_Connection
03-30-2012, 09:34 PM
I had KU beating OSU in the FF in my original bracket, but losing to UK. That's probably what I'd still go with. OSU is really good, though.

KC_Connection
03-30-2012, 09:44 PM
KU might be better off taking more threes than usual tomorrow: http://www2.kusports.com/weblogs/newell_post/2012/mar/30/ohio-state/

Bearcat
03-30-2012, 10:05 PM
KU might be better off taking more threes than usual tomorrow: http://www2.kusports.com/weblogs/newell_post/2012/mar/30/ohio-state/

For anyone who still thinks a bench is important in the tournament...

Just 24 percent of the Buckeyes' minutes come from their bench (303rd nationally), which is only slightly higher than KU's numbers (23 percent, 309th nationally).

Craqhead
03-30-2012, 10:09 PM

I wish they would come up with a system like MLB and NHL does. Draft em outta high school. Let them attend collage. Then go make their millions.

Edit: typo and added NHL.

Chiefs Pantalones
03-30-2012, 10:15 PM

That article kinda makes it sound like we'd be lucky to win this game lol

Chiefs Pantalones
03-30-2012, 10:39 PM
DirecTV ESPNU channel 208 is gonna have a Tournament Countdown episode on KU at 11. Not sure what it's going to entail but yeah.

KC_Connection
03-31-2012, 12:01 AM
That article kinda makes it sound like we'd be lucky to win this game lol
He picked OSU to win by 5 later. I think they're a great team, perhaps an even better team than KU, but it can clearly go either way.

Fritz88
03-31-2012, 12:15 AM
For anyone who still thinks a bench is important in the tournament...

It's important. See NC 2008. k thanks.
Posted via Mobile Device

Al Czervik
03-31-2012, 12:15 AM
If this game is close with 5 minutes to go, I like KU's chances.....
Self>Matta

KC_Connection
03-31-2012, 12:17 AM
UK, OSU, KU, and UL are all among the bottom 50 teams in the NCAA in bench minutes.

Silock
03-31-2012, 12:34 AM
He picked OSU to win by 5 later. I think they're a great team, perhaps an even better team than KU, but it can clearly go either way.

I agree. I get why OSU is favored, but it's not like they're UK playing Texas Tech here. We have a real legit shot and beating them. They probably have a slight advantage everywhere except coaching. And that's a big advantage for us (Not that Matta is a slouch or anything, but Bill is just awesome).

Braincase
03-31-2012, 08:50 AM
Andy Katz's story about Kansas surviving the realignment mess. It's focused on Kansas, brief mentions of other schools.

Link (http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/blog/_/name/katz_andy/id/7753128/kansas-survived-talk-realignment-thrives-final-four)

Ironic... it's about the apparent stability of the conference.

Pablo
03-31-2012, 09:40 AM
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...I wish it was 8 already. This day is gonna drag ass.

Fritz88
03-31-2012, 09:47 AM
I hope to be able to watch the game with zero stress because what we've done thus far is beyond my wildest dreams. However, I am very sure the moment the game starts I am going to be ...

http://sabinm14.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/stress.jpg

KILLER_CLOWN
03-31-2012, 10:53 AM
refs for Ohio State-Kansas: Jamie Luckie, Tom Eades and Patrick Adams.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RSJf4QjebEU?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RSJf4QjebEU?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

the Talking Can
03-31-2012, 11:16 AM
ROFL

KSU hired Bruce Weber

weber is a clown and a d-bag...all he does is throw his players under the bus and cry

Self is going to run the score up on Bruce 'let's have a funeral for Self' Weber every time..

RockChalk
03-31-2012, 11:52 AM
Any predictions for the game tonight? I'm feeling pretty good about the game for some reason. I think it's tight all the way, with neither team extending a lead past 6 or 7.

KU makes a run after the last tv timeout, winning 71-64

boogblaster
03-31-2012, 12:29 PM
KU by 7 .. GO HAWKS .....

sedated
03-31-2012, 12:45 PM
Wait a minute, wait a minute. If defense is half the game and being dominant at it got Davis NPOY, then why didn't Aaron Craft get a SINGLE vote for all-american?

Chiefs Pantalones
03-31-2012, 01:07 PM
Game day!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pablo
03-31-2012, 02:19 PM
Hawks by 5.

Ceej
03-31-2012, 02:25 PM
Stoked.

And of the NCAA games so far this is the most refreshed I've felt.

Not nervous; or worried. Not because I think KU is going to win, but because they've (like most of yours) exceeded my expectations.

Braincase
03-31-2012, 02:27 PM
Stoked.

Not nervous; or worried. Not because I think KU is going to win, but because they've (like most of yours) exceeded my expectations.

I think we'll be as loose as any team on the court. I'll giggle my ass of if Teahan hits everything from beyond the arc.

Ceej
03-31-2012, 02:28 PM
I think we'll be as loose as any team on the court. I'll giggle my ass of if Teahan hits everything from beyond the arc.

I told everyone here that I planned on nailing my 70 yr neighbor if he did last game.

Lucky for her; she woulda been in a world of hurt.

LMAO

Chiefs Pantalones
03-31-2012, 02:32 PM
Stoked.

Pretty much. Expectations have been met here as well. If we're going to go down, go down swinging.

KC_Connection
03-31-2012, 02:37 PM
Wait a minute, wait a minute. If defense is half the game and being dominant at it got Davis NPOY, then why didn't Aaron Craft get a SINGLE vote for all-american?
Because he's a whiny, hacker scrub with no redeemable qualities as a basketball player besides his slapping at people's wrists.

Bearcat
03-31-2012, 02:37 PM
Stoked.

I was really relaxed for the UNC game, and I'd feel the same way about this game if it was played last Tuesday.... 6 days of reading/watching stuff about the Final Four has me pretty amped, but it helps that almost everyone is picking OSU.

I'm going to open a bottle of Bourbon Barrel Quad for the game, so that will help, too. :)

Ceej
03-31-2012, 02:38 PM
Pretty much. Expectations have been met here as well. If we're going to go down, go down swinging.

Bingo, agreed 100%.

I told everyone before the season began that the E8 at the least, and F4 at the best.

Right now, I'd love to be wrong on the guess. As long as we don't get completely dominated I'm happy.

Ceej
03-31-2012, 02:39 PM
I was really relaxed for the UNC game, and I'd feel the same way about this game if it was played last Tuesday.... 6 days of reading/watching stuff about the Final Four has me pretty amped, but it helps that almost everyone is picking OSU.

I'm going to open a bottle of Bourbon Barrel Quad for the game, so that will help, too. :)

I'm keepin' it classy tonight. Coronas. Had one last week during the game; been craving them ever since.

BWillie
03-31-2012, 02:43 PM
I have osu winning against UK in my big money pool, can get 2nd if the Buckeyes win cuz virtually every1 has Kensucky. Blah. Did pick the Hawks to the final 4 though

the Talking Can
03-31-2012, 03:56 PM
i'm surprised there is such a consensus nationally that KU can't hang with OSU...t-rob is going to teabag that fat ass sullinger at some point, just like he did Zeller

and if you need something to do while waiting for the game, check out #kuboobs on twitter...

https://p.twimg.com/ApVjRcnCAAEmMN-.jpg

the Talking Can
03-31-2012, 04:22 PM
awesome

they just showed self breaking down film, and Larry was there helping out...boo-ya

BillSelfsTrophycase
03-31-2012, 04:23 PM
3 hours...

Guru
03-31-2012, 04:25 PM
awesome

they just showed self breaking down film, and Larry was there helping out...boo-ya

Is he a unofficial asst coach during tournaments or something?

the Talking Can
03-31-2012, 04:27 PM
Is he a unofficial asst coach during tournaments or something?

basically...he's been traveling with the team all tournament

SnakeXJones
03-31-2012, 04:38 PM
Gonna miss the fucking game again but atleast I have my phone thank god for that

Chiefs Pantalones
03-31-2012, 04:41 PM
That was the most awkward interview ever. Pitino and Cal hate each other. I like Pitino's shot at Cal when Rome brought up recruiting the one and dones and the rule, "Cal does it better than anybody. He knows how to deal with emotionally weak kids that have bad fundamentals and think they are ready for the NBA." Cal kind of had a holy crap look on his face LMAO

Guru
03-31-2012, 05:06 PM
That was the most awkward interview ever. Pitino and Cal hate each other. I like Pitino's shot at Cal when Rome brought up recruiting the one and dones and the rule, "Cal does it better than anybody. He knows how to deal with emotionally weak kids that have bad fundamentals and think they are ready for the NBA." Cal kind of had a holy crap look on his face LMAO

LMAO that is LEGEN.................wait for it..................................

DARY

the Talking Can
03-31-2012, 05:07 PM

seriously...cal looked like he'd rather eat shit than sit next to pitino

Chiefs Pantalones
03-31-2012, 05:10 PM
Please end Calipari and UK, Louisville. Do it slowly.

Brock
03-31-2012, 05:10 PM
Two utterly contemptible pieces of shit.

DJay23
03-31-2012, 05:14 PM
To my fellow Jayhawks, enjoy the game tonight, be safe, and let's all appreciate the fact that we are watching our favorite team play on the last weekend of the tournament!

Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

DJJasonp
03-31-2012, 05:16 PM
I felt 50-50 about today's game when I woke up.....but now that I've watched the pregame, and saw that douche obama pick Ohio State - I'm feeling much, much better about our chances today!

Guru
03-31-2012, 05:51 PM
whoa. Louisville starting to play.

sedated
03-31-2012, 06:07 PM
whoa. Louisville starting to play.

Let's hope. Was looking ugly early.

Guru
03-31-2012, 06:14 PM
It's going to be 40 minutes of one play after another?

WTF?

Bambi
03-31-2012, 06:49 PM
Lock and Load muthafuckahs. Let's do this!

BillSelfsTrophycase
03-31-2012, 07:01 PM
It's football, but fuckit

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yX39J_YyKbs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BillSelfsTrophycase
03-31-2012, 07:04 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kesOk3hEHJQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dr. Facebook Fever
03-31-2012, 07:21 PM
I don't usually let sports make me nervous......... but I'm nervous.... almost "can I watch" nervous and I'm a little embarrasssed by that. Ugh.

I was perfectly happy and am with a final four but now that the game is here........ ugh.

Lzen
03-31-2012, 07:25 PM
Almost game time. I feel pretty good about this. Even if KU loses, this season has been a major success. Rock Chalk Jayhawk, go KU!

chiefsfan987
03-31-2012, 07:26 PM
I can't believe the superdome is sold out. 75,000 at the game... thats crazy

Chiefs Pantalones
03-31-2012, 07:32 PM
Let's get it

O.city
03-31-2012, 07:35 PM
Well time to rock and roll.

Bearcat
03-31-2012, 07:36 PM
I just listened to this speech in the UNC/KU video... ROFL

chiefsfan987
pretty much the same speech as in 08

Mr. Laz
Self giving his prep speech

didn't mention offense once ROFL

ROYC75
03-31-2012, 07:44 PM
Let's get her done guys! :KU:

BillSelfsTrophycase
03-31-2012, 07:45 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XCG_ETMZvyg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Al Czervik
03-31-2012, 07:48 PM
No matter what happens in the game....

To Self and Team:

What a great season and appreciate all the hard work!!!
Ya done us Jayhawk fans Proud.....Again!!

Now go kick the Buckeye's in the nuts....

Bearcat
03-31-2012, 07:51 PM
Was that Seth Davis who just predicted a Kansas win?

Oh well, it was a great season... :sulk:

Dr. Facebook Fever
03-31-2012, 07:54 PM
Was that Seth Davis who just predicted a Kansas win?

Oh well, it was a great season... :sulk:

DON'T YOU DARE RESPECT US!

I like how everyone keeps talking about how evenly matched the game is but only one guy picks KU. Seth is a believer! Dammit!