PDA

View Full Version : Poop Skin Tags - Had 'Em?

Dayze
03-27-2012, 08:15 AM
Anyone have them?
I’ve had one on my inner thigh for a while. After reading on possible ways to rid myself of this little bastard, it appeared as though the best was to tie some string or dental floss around the base and let the sucker fall off. However, after about a week……nothing. So, I tied another piece around it. This time after a few days, it became really irritated, to the point I could barely walk. Apparently they’re supposed to turn black and fall off, but this one didn’t.

The damned thing was about the size of a kidney bean, and I decided ‘screw it’, I’m cutting it off. Numbed it for about hour with some ice, while my razor sharp Gerber blade was boiling in water. Icing it sucked, because it was so close to Big Jim and The Twins, so that was no fun. Off to the bathroom; hydrogen peroxide onto the blade, and around the area, and I began to slice.

Although I ‘thought’ it was numb and wouldn’t hurt, wow….that first initial slice was pretty painful. At that point, I wasn’t sure if I could finish the job however by this point it was bleeing; not badly, but enough. So, I figured I have to complete the task. Another little slice…another. By this point, it was bleeding pretty good. Finally got some toilet paper around it to pull up on it, in what I hoped was the final slice on the base. I could tell I was almost done, then as I made it through the ‘stalk’, I could feel a small grind on the blade and it cut off.

Looking at it after it was off, I saw about a .1 of a CM of the stalk. Uhhhhggg. Nasty. After it was off though, only about 5 minutes of pressure stopped the bleeding. Some more peroxide on it, and some Neosporin, and it was good to go. Such a relief to walk without pain again!! Woo hoo.

Self-Surgery FTW!

Mr_Tomahawk
03-27-2012, 08:16 AM
LOL....this is how you start your morning. LMAO

Molitoth
03-27-2012, 08:17 AM
From what I've heard you are supposed to use dental floss to immediately cut it off, not let it sit for days. =P

Phobia
That sounds like an awful lot of trouble to go through when it would have only cost you the low, low price of $3900 at the hospital.

Dayze
LOL....this is how you start your morning. LMAO

It was last night, but I figured I'd share for everyone's reading pleasure while eating breakfast.
:D

58-4ever
03-27-2012, 08:18 AM
Man, that was painful to read. I have one under my arm and I'll have to work up some serious courage to attempt this.

Dayze
03-27-2012, 08:19 AM
From what I've heard you are supposed to use dental floss to immediately cut it off, not let it sit for days. =P

I heard the opposite; cut the blood off, and it dies. But, I think that method works on smaller ones. This little bastard had that stalk feeding it. If I get another one, I'm tying a knot around it ASAP.

Dayze
03-27-2012, 08:19 AM
That sounds like an awful lot of trouble to go through when it would have only cost you the low, low price of $3900 at the hospital.

Yeah, I looked into having my doctor do it, but it's apparently considered 'cosmetic'. from my experience, 'cosmetic' = $$$$.

Bwana
03-27-2012, 08:20 AM
Ouch! :eek:

The Iron Chief
03-27-2012, 08:21 AM
Grit your teeth and use a good pair of nail clippers.
Even if your not able to cut it off you'll kill it..it'll turn black and fall off in time.

Inner thigh is where I've also had one.

Dayze
03-27-2012, 08:22 AM
Grit your teeth and use a good pair of nail clippers.
Even if your not able to cut it off you'll kill it..it'll turn black and fall off in time.

Inner thigh is where I've also had one.

this was so thick at the base, it wouldn't fit into clippers.

almost though about using some grooming scissors, but they didn't appear very sharp.

Dartgod
03-27-2012, 08:22 AM
I have a small one on my lower eyelid. My wife wants me to get it removed, but it doesn't interfere with my vision, so I can't justify spending the $$ to get it done.

philfree
03-27-2012, 08:23 AM
Go to the Dr and let him take care of it and do it before it grows to the size of a kidney bean.

Dayze
03-27-2012, 08:24 AM
I have a small one on my lower eyelid. My wife wants me to get it removed, but it doesn't interfere with my vision, so I can't justify spending the $$ to get it done.

I could cut it off for you for 2 easy payments of $9.99

Dayze
03-27-2012, 08:24 AM
Go to the Dr and let him take care of it and do it before it grows to the size of a kidney bean.

Troof.

actually, I should clarify. It was large, and unpainful. It got REALLY big (ie Kidney Bean) and sensitive once I tied the string around it.

bishop_74
03-27-2012, 08:25 AM
Use the wart freeze stuff on them. Took mine about 1.5 weeks to die and just fall off.

WV
03-27-2012, 08:28 AM
Do yourself a favor and use a razor blade next time. Bear Grylls would be proud though.

Dayze
03-27-2012, 08:28 AM
the best part was the wife had to hold back the twins while I operated.
the location of said tag made it difficult to navigate around my onions.
:hump:

htismaqe
03-27-2012, 08:32 AM
Troof.

actually, I should clarify. It was large, and unpainful. It got REALLY big (ie Kidney Bean) and sensitive once I tied the string around it.

Yeah, you can't remove large ones with dental floss. :D

Dayze
03-27-2012, 08:35 AM
Yeah, you can't remove large ones with dental floss. :D

I should put this whole episode in the "Things You Learned The Hard Way" thread.
:doh!::D

Bwana
03-27-2012, 08:44 AM
Heh, that reminds me of a time I watched my brother give himself 9 stitches and not even change facial expressions. There were a bunch of us playing volleyball one day and he jumped up and came down on a spike, that was holding the net in place.

Blood was flowing all over the place and he went and got his martial arts workout bag. We both carried a needle and heavy thread in there, in the event we had to fix a rip in a uniform. He broke out the needle and thread after washing out the slice on the bottom of his foot and went all Rambo. After he was done, he threw on a pair of sandals and kept playing volleyball. It was definitely one of the biggest WTF moments of my life.

Mr. Plow
03-27-2012, 08:49 AM

Tightly tie a rope around your neck and the problem will go away. :D

Dayze
03-27-2012, 08:52 AM
that's nuts.
I'd pass out if I tried that.

*edit*...this was for Bwana's post but it works for yours too.

Sofa King
03-27-2012, 08:53 AM
http://www.twistappel.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/barf-save.gif

Fritz88
03-27-2012, 08:53 AM
Another ancient remedy is to coat it with cat jizz and leave it over night.
Posted via Mobile Device

Predarat
03-27-2012, 08:54 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-TVebtOhfuGE/TzRtwQCtBlI/AAAAAAAAAsA/MgQRNUGvf3g/s1600/ewsogro.jpg

Dayze
03-27-2012, 08:54 AM
Another ancient remedy is to coat it with cat jizz and leave it over night.
Posted via Mobile Device

ROFL
you know, in my 'research'....there were several mentions of duct tape. No shit. Lots of people saying to put duct tape over it, and when the tape eventually loosens, it'll fall off.

no idea how that works....

Fritz88
03-27-2012, 08:57 AM
ROFL
you know, in my 'research'....there were several mentions of duct tape. No shit. Lots of people saying to put duct tape over it, and when the tape eventually loosens, it'll fall off.

Duct tape does a lot of things if you ask me.

Some people would use a branch from a palm tree, burn it and use it to killed the sucker.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bwana
03-27-2012, 08:58 AM
ROFL

Duct tape, bailing wire and WD-40, will fix anything. If not, it's not worth saving. :)

Valiant
03-27-2012, 09:06 AM
New toe nail clippers for the win on these. Also gets rid of moles. It is quicker.

whoman69
03-27-2012, 09:09 AM
I've got two under my right arm and one under the fun berries. No way I'm cutting anywhere near the fun berries.

Sofa King
03-27-2012, 09:10 AM
ROFL

Duct tape irritates the skin, causing white blood cells to congregate there and fight off the tag or wart and it will sometimes get rid of them naturally.

luv
03-27-2012, 09:12 AM
That hurt just reading it.

Dayze
03-27-2012, 09:32 AM
New toe nail clippers for the win on these. Also gets rid of moles. It is quicker.

i'm going to use this method if I ever get another one and do it when it's small.

I couldn't believe the bastard wouldn't fit between toe nail clippers.

Dartgod
03-27-2012, 09:35 AM
Duct tape, bailing wire and WD-40, will fix anything. If not, it's not worth saving. :)

My grandpa, who was a farmer, always had all three in the trunk of his car.

phisherman
03-27-2012, 09:35 AM
I had a couple removed at the dermatologist's office. Just cost me a cheap copay. There's a chance those skin tags could be related to skin cancer, so it's hard to say that insurance wouldn't cover it because it's cosmetic.

ChiefButthurt
03-27-2012, 10:56 AM
http://www.twistappel.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/barf-save.gif

I swear I laughed for five fucking minutes watching that gif. ROFL

BigOlChiefsfan
03-27-2012, 11:54 AM
Keep an eye on your blood sugar. Skin tags and diabetes seem to go hand in hand so this might be a 'red flag'.

skin tags and diabetes (http://naturalmoleremovals.com/skin-tags-and-diabetes)

MTG#10
03-27-2012, 12:07 PM
Did it look anything like this?

NSFW

http://dermatology-s10.cdlib.org/133/case_presentations/giant/1.jpg

Dartgod
03-27-2012, 12:10 PM

Jebus, NSFW tag that thing!

qabbaan
03-27-2012, 12:12 PM
Nasty

Thig Lyfe
03-27-2012, 01:08 PM
BRING BACK TAGS!!!

Sofa King
03-27-2012, 01:09 PM

NSFW

http://dermatology-s10.cdlib.org/133/case_presentations/giant/1.jpg

what the fuck?

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/160909_o.gif

vailpass
03-27-2012, 01:11 PM
the best part was the wife had to hold back the twins while I operated.
the location of said tag made it difficult to navigate around my onions.
:hump:

Now that's love.

tooge
03-27-2012, 01:12 PM
that little thing by your inner thigh isn't a skin tag

Phobia
03-27-2012, 02:35 PM

White people! SMH

Dayze
03-27-2012, 02:41 PM

:#

:D

Gonzo
03-27-2012, 02:53 PM
Jesus Tap-dancing Christ, I just threw up a little. Literally, I started cringing.
Light headed, GOD DAMMIT YOU'RE SICK.
Asshats. All of you.

http://aznbadger.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/kuato18.jpg

Xanathol
03-27-2012, 10:42 PM
I had a tag on my face, on the right cheek. Went to the doc as it was in my line of sight when I looked down. She stuck it with lidocaine to numb it ( which burns like hell going in if you've never tried it... ), then tried to cut it off with this electrically heated blade thing. The moment she touched it, I jumped - holy #$% that burned! So much for being numb! So she injected more lidocaine... which burns going in again... tried to cut it again - mother #@$ burned me again! We repeated this process five times, with well over a CC of the 'pain killer' in and half my face numb - except for that damned tag! I finally convinced her to let me just grit my teeth while she sliced it off with a scalpel. With that, one painful but rather quick cut, then some base-laden swab to cauterize it, we were finally done.

jspchief
03-27-2012, 10:44 PM
Yeah, so when you quote spoilers, tapatalk doesn't hide the spoiler in the quote.

So thanks for quoting that.

lewdog
03-27-2012, 10:49 PM
Apple cider vinegar socked cotton ball that is covered in duct tape. The apply cider vinegar socks in and gets all the way to the core and the duct tape deprives that bastard of oxygen. Could take a few weeks but will turn black and fall off. Did this with a small wart and it worked awesome.

SnakeXJones
03-27-2012, 10:50 PM
I had two tiny ones I found a month ago on my lower neck took nail clippers to them didn't hurt one bit

Ari Chi3fs
03-27-2012, 11:05 PM
Heh, that reminds me of a time I watched my brother give himself 9 stitches and not even change facial expressions. There were a bunch of us playing volleyball one day and he jumped up and came down on a spike, that was holding the net in place.

Blood was flowing all over the place and he went and got his martial arts workout bag. We both carried a needle and heavy thread in there, in the event we had to fix a rip in a uniform. He broke out the needle and thread after washing out the slice on the bottom of his foot and went all Rambo. After he was done, he threw on a pair of sandals and kept playing volleyball. It was definitely one of the biggest WTF moments of my life.

So, YOU'RE the biggest pussy in your family, then... sounds like. LMAO

KChiefer
03-27-2012, 11:09 PM
I had a tag on my face, on the right cheek. Went to the doc as it was in my line of sight when I looked down. She stuck it with lidocaine to numb it ( which burns like hell going in if you've never tried it... ), then tried to cut it off with this electrically heated blade thing. The moment she touched it, I jumped - holy #$% that burned! So much for being numb! So she injected more lidocaine... which burns going in again... tried to cut it again - mother #@$ burned me again! We repeated this process five times, with well over a CC of the 'pain killer' in and half my face numb - except for that damned tag! I finally convinced her to let me just grit my teeth while she sliced it off with a scalpel. With that, one painful but rather quick cut, then some base-laden swab to cauterize it, we were finally done.

Woah, that sucks! My sister's a nurse and procured some lidocaine a scalpel to remove a mole I had on my abdomen. Process was smooth as ice.

Simply Red
03-27-2012, 11:36 PM
BRING BACK TAGS!!!

/thread

boog out

Simply Red
03-27-2012, 11:38 PM
BRING BACK TAGS!!!

ROFL

this is phenomenal posting, why on earth would Frazod block all of this talent? Sports Racer is outstading, one of my new favorite posters for funny.

Dr. Facebook Fever
03-27-2012, 11:42 PM
This thread grosses me the fuck out and I now know waaaayyyy more about some of you than I ever wanted to. Damn you all to hell.

It's like a gawd-damn 4 fetality accident on the highway that you're passing by and someones brains are in the lane you have to drive through. You don't want to look but you can't help it. Then you go home a throw up.

Simply Red
03-27-2012, 11:44 PM
I swear I never knew or heard of the term 'skin tag.'

lewdog
03-27-2012, 11:44 PM
This thread grosses me the **** out and I now know waaaayyyy more about some of you than I ever wanted to. Damn you all to hell.

It's like a gawd-damn 4 fetality accident on the highway that you're passing by and someones brains are in the lane you have to drive through. You don't want to look but you can't help it. Then you go home a throw up.

Let me guess, you are a perfect cosmetic masterpiece? :eek:

Lonewolf Ed
03-28-2012, 12:08 AM
Jebus, NSFW tag that thing!

That's just plain NSFA and the A stands for Anywhere!

Now where is an icon to express horror?

Dr. Facebook Fever
03-28-2012, 12:27 AM
Let me guess, you are a perfect cosmetic masterpiece? :eek:

LOL well no but I don't think I've ever had a "skin-tag" but I know what they are. It's not that that grosses me out persay in here.

Dartgod
03-28-2012, 07:45 AM
This thread grosses me the **** out and I now know waaaayyyy more about some of you than I ever wanted to. Damn you all to hell.

Is that when a woman pregnant with quadruplets loses all four of her babies in the accident?

Amnorix
03-28-2012, 08:37 AM
One of the reasons I come here is to learn new things just based on the experiences of the many different types of folks we have on this site.

...and sometimes I wish I could unlearn what I've learned...

Bwana
03-28-2012, 09:50 AM
So, YOU'RE the biggest pussy in your family, then... sounds like. LMAO

Damn right!

On a side note, I'm glad you haven't be abducted by the mother ship, yet. :hmmm:

http://www.crystalinks.com/grayeyes2.jpg

journeyscarab
03-28-2012, 10:01 AM
I have one on my eyelid. Hate it but not enough to try and clip it myself.

Dayze
03-28-2012, 10:43 AM

You Can Do EEET!

Simply Red
03-28-2012, 10:44 AM

probably calcium deposit. I'd just cut it off.

SLAG
03-28-2012, 01:31 PM
I have quite a few under my arms and on my neck.
Seems like too much work to get rid of them but yeah they suck