PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft 2012: The Chiefs And The Possibility Of Ryan Tannehill

bevischief
03-27-2012, 05:42 PM
http://kansascity.sbnation.com/kansas-city-chiefs/2012/3/27/2906869/nfl-draft-2012-chiefs-ryan-tannehill

NFL Draft 2012: The Chiefs And The Possibility Of Ryan Tannehill
Photo

Bookmark and Share

By Matt Conner - Editor

Fans aren't the only ones calling for this. The Chiefs themselves have said they want to take action. If they like Tannehill enough, this is their chance.

Follow @sbnkansascity on Twitter, and Like SB Nation Kansas City on Facebook.

Mar 27, 2012 - The Kansas City Chiefs have echoed the sentiments of the many of their fans and the sportswriter who also cover them this offseason with public statements about the state of the quarterback position. During the 2011 season, Matt Cassel's third at the helm for the Chiefs, many were calling for this season to be his last and wondered if the Chiefs would make a move in the upcoming offseason to address the level of competition and perhaps bring in a new starter.

When Cassel was injured halfway through the season, the Chiefs saw a glimpse of both how bad things could get and the possibility of something more with his replacements. The decision to start Tyler Palko for four consecutive games single-handedly cost the Chiefs the division title and ultimately cost Todd Haley his job (among many other factors). In that stretch, Matt Cassel looked like a godsend compared to Palko on the field, and a quick return from injury would have been welcomed with open arms.

Then came Kyle Orton. After the Chiefs claimed the former Denver Broncos quarterback on waivers, beating out other teams like the Chicago Bears, the team began to find a new rhythm on offense. While visions of Priest Holmes and offensive shootouts never appeared, the team moved the chains with greater frequency and carried a greater confidence about them with a new man in the huddle. At least that's the way it seemed from the outside looking in.

Whether that was due to Palko serving as the precursor or not, Orton gave Chiefs fans a sign of things to come. It was the first fresh option at quarterback in a few seasons, so it was heartening to hear the Chiefs brass believed the same thing.

The Chiefs surprised everyone this offseason with the level of candor with the press. Statements were made publicly about the plan to bring in competition at the quarterback position. Romeo Crennel even went so far as to say he would be "crazy" not to want Peyton Manning as his quarterback, and Clark Hunt even made a statement saying the Chiefs were interested. Whether or not they were going to get Manning, the Chiefs were going to make a move between the Super Bowl and the kickoff of the 2012 season to change things at quarterback.

Thus far, the Chiefs have made some very impressive moves to shape their team. While they lost Brandon Carr to the Dallas Cowboys, the team replaced him with Stanford Routt preemptively and then buoyed their offense with another tight end in Kevin Boss, a tandem back for Jamaal Charles in Peyton Hillis and a replacement at right tackle in Eric Winston. Each of those adds not only some much needed security and depth on offense, but they also represent a significant upgrade on the depth chart. The Chiefs, in short, are already much better on offense than any point in 2011.

Then there's Brady Quinn. He's the other free agent signing the Chiefs have made and there's reason to like the move if we were discussing the back-up quarterback position. Given the difference between Tyler Palko and Brady Quinn, it's a nice move to strengthen the roster like the other ones made already this offseason. But when Scott Pioli, Romeo Crennel and Clark Hunt were making statements about the quarterback position in one way or another, I believe it's safe to say that no one believed signing Quinn was the change they were talking about.

As of now, the major dominoes at quarterback have fallen. Some are left empty-handed and the quarterback situations in Cleveland and Miami are laughable. The Chiefs, in other words, have a better situation than others in the NFL. However, that doesn't negate the fact that change was expected and, thus far, not quite delivered. Given the dearth of free agent quarterbacks left on the market, it's likely that the NFL Draft is only place left for change (unless a trade magically opens up somehow).

Andrew Luck is spoken for. Robert Griffin III has been claimed as well. The top two picks in the draft have been cemented for some time ever since the Washington Redskins traded the future for the dynamic present in the form of this year's Heisman winner. And the draft class boasts only two surefire prospects. Luck and Griffin are both regarded as franchise quarterbacks. Everyone else, while promising, comes with a question mark or another.

Ryan Tannehill stands as the top of the "rest." Brandon Weeden is intriguing. Russell Wilson is celebrated despite his short height. Various scouts like Nick Foles, Brock Osewiler, Kirk Cousins and B.J. Coleman. However, Texas A&M's Tannehill is almost always listed as the third best available quarterback and it's likely that someone moves up to take him in the top ten. Whether or not he is a top ten talent is not the concern. It's all about the scarcity of hope at the most important position on the field.

The Chiefs have already addressed some of their biggest needs this offseason so far and they are likely to continue to do so. Defensive line needs to be addressed. Inside linebacker will likely garner help as well. Depth all around the secondary will also earn some draft nods. But the Chiefs have made enough moves that a move for quarterback could, at the very least, be considered.

While I am not interested in proposing specific trades to move up to Tannehill using the depth chart, my primary concern is with the interest of Tannehill in the first place. With only 19 career starts, his ceiling is actually unknown. Some scouts may love him, while others remain uncertain, but at the very least he is intriguing and the potential is there for greatness.

At 6-2, 222 lbs, Tannehill has the prototypical size of a pro quarterback, and his stats look good as well. This last year at A&M, Tannehill completed 327 of 531 throws for a 61.6 completion percentage. In total he threw for over 3,700 yards with 29 touchdowns to 15 interceptions. In a win over Robert Griffin and the Baylor Bears, Tannehill upstaged the Heisman winner in a 55-28 win with 6 touchdowns.

Wes Bunting of the National Football Post believes in him and writes, "With such limited experience at the quarterback position it's not a case of where this guy is right now, but where he can be in 2/3 years. I love the talent and the overall production from a guy who doesn't have much experience playing from under center as he plays way beyond his years. A potential franchise quarterback in my mind."

Matt Waldman also praises him and writes, "Counting on any rookie quarterback to play like Cam Newton or Andy Dalton is asking too much from an NFL rookie. However, Tannehill belongs in the top half of this draft and hes not the project some people think."

Not everyone agrees with this synopsis, of course, which is why Tannehill is not being taken at No. 3 in mock drafts. Sideline Scouts compares him to Blaine Gabbert despite some positives they really like, which is a death knell given the Jags starter's performance last season. Drafttek looks and sees Alex Smith as a comparable player -- again, hardly a vote of confidence given the poor-to-middling results over Smith's first several seasons for the 49ers. At this rate, Cassel is the better choice.

If the Chiefs believe that Tannehill's upside is level with those comparisons, then they are likely to stay where they are at in the draft order and go with a Dontari Poe or Luke Kuechly addition. That would also be the correct move if Tannehill's future is no better than Alex Smith. However some believe he can be the third franchise quarterback from this draft, and if the Chiefs agree with that through their own scouting observations, then a move needs to be made. After all, fans aren't the only ones calling for this. The Chiefs themselves have said they want to take action. If they like Tannehill enough, this is their chance.

Ebolapox
03-27-2012, 06:45 PM
it'll never fucking happen.

Nightfyre
03-27-2012, 07:27 PM
The only issue I have with drafting Tannehill is that we can draft one of any five QBs next year who will only be 1-2 years away versus 2-4 years. In other words, drafting Tannehill doesn't actually improve us any faster than drafting a QB next year. However, if you think Tannehill is some brilliant, hard-working, super-leader and he is sitting there at 11, you absolutely should take him, imo. He has the physical tools. The drawbacks are whether or not he is smart enough to read defenses pre and post snaps and how long he will take to get NFL ready.

philfree
03-27-2012, 08:21 PM
He measured 6'3 7/8" at the combine.

2-4 years to be ready? 4 seems extreme but 2 seems about right.

reschief
03-27-2012, 09:53 PM
His pro day is this Thursday, the 29th. Hope someone posts some reports on CP. But, I don't see the Chiefs making a move to get him.

Hoover
03-27-2012, 09:55 PM
I'm going to attend and say I'm with a CFL team. Maybe it was scare a few teams off.

philfree
03-27-2012, 10:02 PM
http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/ryan-tannehill?id=2532956

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/09000d5d8273ab71/Tannehill-

Nightfyre
03-27-2012, 10:50 PM
Thats a good interview. Thanks for posting. He seems bright. However, I am not as sold on his intelligence as I was on Luck and Griffin.

Pasta Giant Meatball
03-28-2012, 12:03 AM
Draft him...then move to reciever!!!

SNR
03-28-2012, 12:13 AM
If the Chiefs take Tannehill, I salute them. At least they're fucking trying.

But I really hope they don't trade up. I know that's how they're going to have to do it if they want Tannehill, but shit that would just fucking blow

BryanBusby
03-28-2012, 02:01 AM
it'll never fucking happen.

Pretty much this. I have a feeling he's going to be drafted to hell (see: Cleveland).

htismaqe
03-28-2012, 08:56 AM
He measured 6'3 7/8" at the combine.

2-4 years to be ready? 4 seems extreme but 2 seems about right.

It's also entirely possible that he'll never be ready. Reading an NFL defense is not something he's ever come close to having to do. He might simply not be able to do it at all...

philfree
03-28-2012, 09:43 AM
It's also entirely possible that he'll never be ready. Reading an NFL defense is not something he's ever come close to having to do. He might simply not be able to do it at all...

Well yeah it's possible any player drafted can't make the transition to the NFL.

htismaqe
03-28-2012, 10:22 AM
Well yeah it's possible any player drafted can't make the transition to the NFL.

That possibility for Tannehill is considerably higher than the average player coming out.

Mr. Laz
03-28-2012, 10:40 AM
That possibility for Tannehill is considerably higher than the average player coming out.
not really ... lots of college QB's don't have to read defenses at all with this 'look over to the sideline at the snap' trend. Does Landry Jones know a dam thing about reading a defense?

Tannehill is raw though and i would expect the mental evaluation to be more important than the physical.

don't forget he probably had to 'read' defenses some as a WR

philfree
03-28-2012, 12:14 PM

That's just the way it is at the QB position. Franchise QBs don't fall off trees and it can be risky to try and acquire one. If it pans out then it was worth it and if it doesn't then at least you tried. IMO the Chiefs are in a good position to take that gamble with Tannehill should he be there at #11. He probably won't be though so all points on the subject will end up being moot for the Chiefs.

whoman69
03-28-2012, 02:59 PM
A first round QB is a QB that is ready to play in season one. That may not be from game one. I don't think Tannehill is there. He is Christian Ponder who the Vikes really reached for. I hear all the excuses about why to take him. You don't toss away a first round pick on a player that may or may not be ready in 2 years. We probably also have to trade up to get. Not worth it.

Chiefnj2
03-28-2012, 03:02 PM
Bucky Brooks article at nfl.com

"In studying Tannehill's senior season, it is apparent that he struggled in the Aggies' biggest games. In a five-game breakdown against the top-tier teams on his schedule (Oklahoma State, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Kansas State and Texas), Tannehill only completed 54.7 percent of his passes with nine touchdowns and 11 interceptions. More importantly, his team lost all five games. Tannehill didn't make enough plays from the pocket to help his team take those competitive battles. Whether it was a critical interception or a poor throw on a pivotal third down, Tannehill appeared to come up short when it mattered most."

Bewbies
03-28-2012, 04:12 PM
A first round QB is a QB that is ready to play in season one. That may not be from game one. I don't think Tannehill is there. He is Christian Ponder who the Vikes really reached for. I hear all the excuses about why to take him. You don't toss away a first round pick on a player that may or may not be ready in 2 years. We probably also have to trade up to get. Not worth it.

No shit. No way in hell Steve McNair (3rd overall) or Aaron Rodgers (26th) were worth the pick.

QB's either develop into someone special, and then would have been worth #1 overall, or they bust and aren't worth being drafted. (JaBustus, Brady Quinn examples come to mind.)

If the Chiefs think Tannehill can become Drew Brees or Philip Rivers for example, he's worth the pick. If he turns out we got a great freaking deal. If he doesn't no pick in the draft was worth the investment...

HemiEd
03-28-2012, 04:55 PM
Bucky Brooks article at nfl.com

"In studying Tannehill's senior season, it is apparent that he struggled in the Aggies' biggest games. In a five-game breakdown against the top-tier teams on his schedule (Oklahoma State, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Kansas State and Texas), Tannehill only completed 54.7 percent of his passes with nine touchdowns and 11 interceptions. More importantly, his team lost all five games. Tannehill didn't make enough plays from the pocket to help his team take those competitive battles. Whether it was a critical interception or a poor throw on a pivotal third down, Tannehill appeared to come up short when it mattered most."

We already have that guy on the roster.

whoman69
03-28-2012, 07:52 PM
No shit. No way in hell Steve McNair (3rd overall) or Aaron Rodgers (26th) were worth the pick.

QB's either develop into someone special, and then would have been worth #1 overall, or they bust and aren't worth being drafted. (JaBustus, Brady Quinn examples come to mind.)

If the Chiefs think Tannehill can become Drew Brees or Philip Rivers for example, he's worth the pick. If he turns out we got a great freaking deal. If he doesn't no pick in the draft was worth the investment...

Rodgers was being touted for #1 that year. When teams found he may not have been day one ready, he dropped like a rock. The Packers had Brett Favre and could afford to wait. If he had gone #1, there's a good probability he would have been a bust.

McNair played in a different era when rookie QBs were eaten alive. It was better then to have them sit if at all possible.

Bewbies
03-28-2012, 07:54 PM
Rodgers was being touted for #1 that year. When teams found he may not have been day one ready, he dropped like a rock. The Packers had Brett Favre and could afford to wait. If he had gone #1, there's a good probability he would have been a bust.

McNair played in a different era when rookie QBs were eaten alive. It was better then to have them sit if at all possible.

You draft a rookie QB for 10-15 years, not 1.

ChiefMojo
03-29-2012, 06:24 AM
If we were drafting at #20, I would be fine with Tannehill. At #11 or any trade up scenario is a big F*CK YOU in my books!!!

Nightfyre
03-29-2012, 07:24 AM
If we were drafting at #20, I would be fine with Tannehill. At #11 or any trade up scenario is a big F*CK YOU in my books!!!

So, lets be clear: if there were a franchise QB available you wouldn't take him at 11 but you would take him at 20?

htismaqe
03-29-2012, 08:55 AM
So, lets be clear: if there were a franchise QB available you wouldn't take him at 11 but you would take him at 20?

He said Tannehill. You said "franchise QB".

There's a big difference.

Nightfyre
03-29-2012, 01:30 PM
He said Tannehill. You said "franchise QB".

There's a big difference.

You either think he is a franchise QB or isn't. If you think he is, you do what you have to in order to make the pick. If he isn't, then you don't even put him on your big board.

Bewbies
03-29-2012, 01:43 PM
You either think he is a franchise QB or isn't. If you think he is, you do what you have to in order to make the pick. If he isn't, then you don't even put him on your big board.

In truth, it's "could be" franchise QB. There's no guarantee Luck, Griffin or any other QB ever drafted are guaranteed franchise guys.

whoman69
03-29-2012, 02:19 PM
In truth, it's "could be" franchise QB. There's no guarantee Luck, Griffin or any other QB ever drafted are guaranteed franchise guys.

I feel a lot more comfortable saying Luck and Griffin will make it than Tannehill. We will find out about those two much earlier than Tannehill who may not be ready until 2014. If you are saying move up it means you believe he will be a franchise. Those of us who are saying he is a reach at 11 don't believe as much that he can be a franchise. I myself doubt very much he can be.

Bewbies
03-29-2012, 02:52 PM
I feel a lot more comfortable saying Luck and Griffin will make it than Tannehill. We will find out about those two much earlier than Tannehill who may not be ready until 2014. If you are saying move up it means you believe he will be a franchise. Those of us who are saying he is a reach at 11 don't believe as much that he can be a franchise. I myself doubt very much he can be.

I was talking about each NFL franchise, not the fans. If you think a guy is franchise you draft him. If you don't see that capability in him you don't draft him at all.

I wouldn't waste a 6 or a 7 on a guy I couldn't see leading my team even if the possibility is remote.

Personally I would rather give up what Washington gave up to get Griffin than draft Tannehill at 11. However, if Pioli and Co think Tannehill is a guy that can turn into a Drew Brees or Philip Rivers, they should sure as hell take him.

whoman69
03-29-2012, 04:47 PM
All of this is opinion. We have no idea what Pioli and Crennel think.

Bewbies
03-29-2012, 07:22 PM

Yep. I'd think most people would support them if they drafted Tannehill. Some will get pissed we passed on DeCastro for a QB considering how important the LG is pre-snap and in communicating with the LT over crowd noise. ROFL

Chocolate Hog
03-29-2012, 08:01 PM
Yep. I'd think most people would support them if they drafted Tannehill. Some will get pissed we passed on DeCastro for a QB considering how important the LG is pre-snap and in communicating with the LT over crowd noise. ROFL

ROFL

O.city
03-29-2012, 08:28 PM
IT's gonna be really rare for traditional pro ready quarterbacks to come into the NFL out of college these day.s

Basically every college runs the spread or some form.

Bewbies
03-29-2012, 08:29 PM
I think Tannehill is projected way to high. There just isn't a traditional drop back qb being made in college anymore. And the few like (Luck/Brees) aren't going to happen any more. Nothing personal against Tannehill, he is a project qb, and doesn't fit what teams are going to do to defenses in the NFL in the next 10 years. If Detroit had Newton at qb, I think they would be the prototypical team to have your ass handed to you on a regular basis in the next 5 years.

Cool story bro.

Bewbies
03-29-2012, 08:29 PM
IT's gonna be really rare for traditional pro ready quarterbacks to come into the NFL out of college these day.s

Basically every college runs the spread or some form.

And yet it seems the NFL is getting some great QB's out of those too...

O.city
03-29-2012, 08:32 PM
Well, yeah they are.

Most of those guys are talented enough to be traditional qbs. The spread just makes it alot easier and is more potent for colleges to run.

The footwork and under center stuff, isn't hte hardes thing in the world to learn. It, like anything else, just takes repetition.

DTLB58
03-29-2012, 08:37 PM

Your right. I remember right up to the minute the Chiefs picked in 2010 there were several on here convinced he wasn't taking Berry and already cusing Pioli. Then when they did take Eric, omg, he was the greatest GM ever and "we knew all along he would do the right thing". :)

But what the author of this article is failing to accept is that I think Quinn IS exactly what Pioli had in mind for "competition" for Cassel this off-season.

Also, Pioli's opinion is the only one that counts on this. He is in charge of the personel decisions and he is going to sink or swim with Cassel. Everyone knows that by now. If you don't, you are in denial or just looking for an angle for an article.

philfree
03-29-2012, 08:38 PM

The Chiefs are having Tannehill for a private workout so we do know that he is on the radar.

DTLB58
03-29-2012, 08:41 PM
Well, yeah they are.

Most of those guys are talented enough to be traditional qbs. The spread just makes it alot easier and is more potent for colleges to run.

The footwork and under center stuff, isn't hte hardes thing in the world to learn. It, like anything else, just takes repetition.

And the correct coaching. It's amazing how much time Bill Walsh would spend with his QB's to get the footwork down and how he stressed how important it was to the success of the position.

DTLB58
03-29-2012, 08:43 PM
The Chiefs are having Tannehill for a private workout so we do know that he is on the radar.

Believe nothing before the draft.

philfree
03-29-2012, 09:00 PM
Believe nothing before the draft.

I doubt that's smoke screen.

Edit:Ryan Tannehill could be a top-10 pick in next month's NFL draft, less than two years after lining up as a wide receiver for Texas A&M.

Tannehill returned to quarterback -- his old high school position -- halfway through the 2010 season and caught the attention of NFL scouts despite starting just 19 games behind center for the Aggies.

He worked out Thursday in College Station, Texas, for representatives of 22 NFL teams, including Seattle Seahawks coach Pete Carroll, Miami Dolphins coach Joe Philbin and Cleveland Browns offensive coordinator Brad Childress. Tannehill missed last month's NFL Scouting Combine while recovering from foot surgery, so for many, this was their first offseason look at the quarterback.

Casserly: The case for Tannehill

Ryan Tannehill is projected to be a top-10 draft pick. Charley Casserly explains why this isn't too high for the Texas A&M QB. More ...

Brooks: Tannehill isn't a top-10 talent
Cosell: Tannehill can start in the NFL

Tannehill ran the 40-yard dash just once, being timed in 4.62 seconds, according to NFL.com's Gil Brandt. Tannehill then threw 68 passes, putting on a performance that Carroll said should please the quarterback.

"I felt good," Tannehill said. "The foot felt great moving around, moving in the pocket, escaping. The ball was coming out good, and the guys were making plays for me. It was a good day."

Childress, whose Browns have the No. 4 overall pick, raved about Tannehill's workout.

"He made every throw that he needed to make," said Childress, who was joined at the workout by Browns quarterbacks coach Mark Whipple. "The leg didn't look like an issue. It was an impressive workout."

NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock, who also watched the workout, believes Tannehill would be a good pick for the Browns. Sources told NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora that the franchise is considering it.

"I wouldn't even doubt it," Mayock said. "To me, you're not going to get him later. He's an athletic upgrade, he's an arm-strength upgrade over Colt McCoy. As much as I like Colt, I like him better as a two than a one. I would love to take (Tannehill) at four and develop him and let Colt play for half a year or more and let this kid learn how to play the position."

The Dolphins, who have the eighth overall pick, also sent general manager Jeff Ireland to College Station for Tannehill's workout. The quarterback, who played for new Dolphins offensive coordinator Mike Sherman at Texas A&M, had dinner with Ireland and Philbin on Wednesday night.

Tannehill said he plans to hold private workouts for the Browns, Philadelphia Eagles and Kansas City Chiefs in College Station before the draft and that he's set to visit a handful of other teams.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Bewbies
03-29-2012, 11:30 PM
The pundits are left with no one else in the 1st round other than Luck or RG3. Last years daft was a heller more deep on qbs than this year. Other than Newto, out of the the 1st qbs, are there any that make you think you didn't slow your team down? Coaches and GMs got canned last year fornot having backups and plan B's for qb.

English motherfucker, do you speak it?

xztop12
03-30-2012, 02:12 AM
I was talking about each NFL franchise, not the fans. If you think a guy is franchise you draft him. If you don't see that capability in him you don't draft him at all.

I wouldn't waste a 6 or a 7 on a guy I couldn't see leading my team even if the possibility is remote.

Same thing that the team that picked ahead of the Patriots in round 6 of the 2000 draft was thinking.

htismaqe
03-30-2012, 08:52 AM
I think Tannehill is projected way to high. There just isn't a traditional drop back qb being made in college anymore. And the few like (Luck/Brees) aren't going to happen any more. Nothing personal against Tannehill, he is a project qb, and doesn't fit what teams are going to do to defenses in the NFL in the next 10 years. If Detroit had Newton at qb, I think they would be the prototypical team to have your ass handed to you on a regular basis in the next 5 years.

Brees wasn't a traditional drop-back QB. He played in the prototypical spread...

durtyrute
03-30-2012, 03:05 PM
Your right. I remember right up to the minute the Chiefs picked in 2010 there were several on here convinced he wasn't taking Berry and already cusing Pioli. Then when they did take Eric, omg, he was the greatest GM ever and "we knew all along he would do the right thing". :)

But what the author of this article is failing to accept is that I think Quinn IS exactly what Pioli had in mind for "competition" for Cassel this off-season.

Also, Pioli's opinion is the only one that counts on this. He is in charge of the personel decisions and he is going to sink or swim with Cassel. Everyone knows that by now. If you don't, you are in denial or just looking for an angle for an article.

Where does this keep coming from? Year 1, Cassel sucked - okay but you don't cut a QB after one year, Year 2, playoffs and backed into Pro Bowl - okay so far so good, Year 3, hurt and the Palko era started - for the record I still don't fault Haley for sticking with Palko. Where in there was he supposed to get rid of Cassel? After he helped us get to the playoffs?

whoman69
03-30-2012, 03:30 PM

I think you're spot on with everything you said. The problem is that Pioli has so much misdirection and lies, you can't trust him to do the right thing. Everyone should be convinced by this point that he is married to Matt Cassel. Quinn proves that. We all deep down know he is not truly competition. I'm not going to throw a fit if we choose Tannehill, but everything I've seen and read about him says to me he is not a first round QB. If Pioli and staff think he is, great.

whoman69
03-30-2012, 03:37 PM
Where does this keep coming from? Year 1, Cassel sucked - okay but you don't cut a QB after one year, Year 2, playoffs and backed into Pro Bowl - okay so far so good, Year 3, hurt and the Palko era started - for the record I still don't fault Haley for sticking with Palko. Where in there was he supposed to get rid of Cassel? After he helped us get to the playoffs?

He should have gotten a replacement this offseason. He promised competition, he gave us Quinn.