PDA

View Full Version : Poop What Would Be The Worst End To Humanity?

Sofa King
03-28-2012, 09:22 AM
It's been awhile since we've had a zombie thread.

Answer the simple question (picture below).

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/daily-morning-awesomeness-thechive-101.jpg?w=500&h=459

Now suppose you could beat them. Which would be harder to completely eradicate? How would you eliminate them?

For the record. The zombies are the Resident Evil type. They can live for decades or more without eating.

Poll will be on it's way shortly.

/Matt Cassell
//Your Mom
/// Q
//// Take away SK's thread starting
///// I hate the off season
////// Troll

loochy
03-28-2012, 09:24 AM
A zombie would be easier to kill by a normal human.

However, I would think that the robots would be far fewer in number than zombies,who have the ability to turn us to their side.

Dayze
03-28-2012, 09:28 AM
Terminators.

the key thing to watch out for is if anyone asks for you keys to your motorcycle or car, and your clothes.

if you hear that....run.

tooge
03-28-2012, 09:31 AM
the worst end would be the broncos win the superbowl with manning at qb, then zombies kill everyone a few days later

Gonzo
03-28-2012, 09:42 AM
Terminators would be a tougher way for humanity to go, just because you can't really defend yourself from them and morale would be a difficult thing to maintain.

Morale would be easy to maintain in the Zombie Apocalypse. You upset? Go behead something.

Direckshun
03-28-2012, 09:42 AM
Anybody ever see that Matrix animation movie, about machines essentially overrunning humanity?

That would be the worst.

Sofa King
03-28-2012, 09:49 AM
Terminators would be a tougher way for humanity to go, just because you can't really defend yourself from them and morale would be a difficult thing to maintain.

Morale would be easy to maintain in the Zombie Apocalypse. You upset? Go behead something.

What if that something was your beloved Lumpy 20 minutes ago?

WOULD IT INCREASE YOUR MORALE TO BEHEAD ZOMBIE LUMPY???

suds79
03-28-2012, 09:51 AM
If the end of humanity is coming I'd rather it be by some machine shooting a gun at me rather than being eaten alive by a family member.

Gonzo
03-28-2012, 09:55 AM

We have an agreement. As soon as she's bit, she's toast.

Sofa King
03-28-2012, 09:56 AM

For $100 I'll come down there and bite her right now. (You're welcome)

Predarat
03-28-2012, 09:57 AM

Someone told me when girls turn zombie their boobies shrink to size A-. If that is true that sure would make it easier.

Sofa King
03-28-2012, 09:59 AM
Someone told me when girls turn zombie their boobies shrink to size A-. If that is true that sure would make it easier.

Wow. I almost said something here that I'm 99% sure would have got me in big trouble with lumpy and probably pos repped by Gonzo.

loochy
03-28-2012, 10:02 AM
Anybody ever see that Matrix animation movie, about machines essentially overrunning humanity?

That would be the worst.

Yeah, it was a part of the Animatrix called "The Second Renaissance" and it was badass

The Second Renaissance, Part 1:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lj9092qXlfI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Second Renaissance, Part 2:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Y9Flzxvi8c8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gonzo
03-28-2012, 10:07 AM
Wow. I almost said something here that I'm 99% sure would have got me in big trouble with lumpy and probably pos repped by Gonzo.

And that would be????

Sofa King
03-28-2012, 10:18 AM
And that would be????

*looks around*

Well.... we were talking about lumpy, and then he said boobs "shrink" to size A... Which in her case would be doubl.....

*running footsteps in the background, and noise that sounds like a chain dragging*

RUN!!!! SHE'S ON TO US!

Sofa King
03-28-2012, 10:21 AM
Anyways, back on topic.

I think the terminators, who are solely designed to kill humans, would be a more effective end to humanity.

The Zombies don't do shit until you approach them, so just stay up in the hills or something and you might have a chance.

The terminators will kill everyone you've ever known just to find out where you are and kill you.

Rain Man
03-28-2012, 10:26 AM
Zombies would be a worse end for two reasons: more painful and gruesome deaths, and because it would eliminate not just us, but everything we created. A death by terminator at least preserves the legacy of human intelligence and creativity.

And obviously zombies would be easier to defeat. I don't see any way you could vote otherwise.

Sofa King
03-28-2012, 10:32 AM
Zombies would be a worse end for two reasons: more painful and gruesome deaths, and because it would eliminate not just us, but everything we created. A death by terminator at least preserves the legacy of human intelligence and creativity.

And obviously zombies would be easier to defeat. I don't see any way you could vote otherwise.

If we kill the terminator leader, they all die.

Not so for zombies.

Gonzo
03-28-2012, 10:46 AM
*looks around*

Well.... we were talking about lumpy, and then he said boobs "shrink" to size A... Which in her case would be doubl.....

*running footsteps in the background, and noise that sounds like a chain dragging*

RUN!!!! SHE'S ON TO US!

LAMO

Dicky McElephant
03-28-2012, 10:47 AM
For the 5 people who voted that Terminators would be easier to eliminate..........

Exactly fucking how?

BigChiefFan
03-28-2012, 10:49 AM
A flamethrower takes care of the zombies.

Rain Man
03-28-2012, 10:49 AM
If we kill the terminator leader, they all die.

Not so for zombies.

When did this news come out? I didn't read it.

And by the way, the worst end for humanity is a fast expansion of the sun over the course of two hours, fast enough that we can't plan for it and slow enough that we see it coming.

Dayze
03-28-2012, 10:50 AM
For the 5 people who voted that Terminators would be easier to eliminate..........

Exactly ****ing how?

i might have voted wrong. I meant to indicate I wouldn't want the end to come down to Terminators.

Sofa King
03-28-2012, 10:51 AM
When did this news come out? I didn't read it.

And by the way, the worst end for humanity is a fast expansion of the sun over the course of two hours, fast enough that we can't plan for it and slow enough that we see it coming.

They use a nuke to blow up the central computer or whatever, and it takes down the other robots.

It's in the movie with Bale in it.

Sofa King
03-28-2012, 10:52 AM
A flamethrower takes care of the zombies.

Oh yeah. Stops them dead in their tracks... errr wait.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_FV3UIGV-iMA/S-zQtRTs0oI/AAAAAAAAAUo/hksSNHx5VxY/s1600/28daysSM.jpg

Dicky McElephant
03-28-2012, 10:54 AM
They use a nuke to blow up the central computer or whatever, and it takes down the other robots.

It's in the movie with Bale in it.

That doesn't make them easier to eliminate.

Zombies are the easiest to eliminate. Snipers on rooftops with a shitload of ammo would take care of zombies.

SNR
03-28-2012, 10:55 AM
Poop falling from the sky would be a pretty awful way for humanity to go.

Sofa King
03-28-2012, 11:00 AM
That doesn't make them easier to eliminate.

Zombies are the easiest to eliminate. Snipers on rooftops with a shitload of ammo would take care of zombies.

How many snipers are there, and how much ammo are we talking?

6 billion + rounds worth?

That's alot of shooting.

totally unrealistic.

WV
03-28-2012, 11:01 AM

Would you ask her for one more roll in the sack in Zombie form first?

Dicky McElephant
03-28-2012, 11:02 AM

That's alot of shooting.

totally unrealistic.

So is assuming that we could infiltrate terminator defenses and destroy the main brain.

bevischief
03-28-2012, 11:04 AM
Anyways, back on topic.

I think the terminators, who are solely designed to kill humans, would be a more effective end to humanity.

The Zombies don't do shit until you approach them, so just stay up in the hills or something and you might have a chance.

The terminators will kill everyone you've ever known just to find out where you are and kill you.

We would just stay where we are at there is no one here, the zombies would head south to where there people are.

Bowser
03-28-2012, 11:05 AM
Poop falling from the sky would be a pretty awful way for humanity to go.

Cosmic dysentery!!

Rain Man
03-28-2012, 11:06 AM

That's alot of shooting.

totally unrealistic.

I think we use that in a month in Iraq, and they're better at dodging.

Lumpy
03-28-2012, 11:08 AM
*looks around*

RUN!!!! SHE'S ON TO US!

Meh. I'm too busy right now...
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xOwQfYhR8ro/T1qhN20XFtI/AAAAAAAAB2Q/Z1lVPp6Mv2Q/s1600/tumblr_lzs6ds5jMd1qazkdco1_500.gif

I'll get you back for that when you least expect it. :D

LAMO

Laugh ass my off? :spock:

Sofa King
03-28-2012, 11:08 AM
So is assuming that we could infiltrate terminator defenses and destroy the main brain.

1 man can get in there a lot easier than a few hundred snipers (if they even make it through the initial infection of airborne, waterborne, and zombies) can kill an entire planet's worth of people with sniper rifles.

I'd say it's doable. All the 1 dude has to do is get past a presumably weak defense and detonate a small bomb.

We would just stay where we are at there is no one here, the zombies would head south to where there people are.

Negative. They will be looking for you, specifically you.

Sofa King
03-28-2012, 11:10 AM
I think we use that in a month in Iraq, and they're better at dodging.

We use over 6 billion sniper rounds a month?

Sorry Pestilence. I was wrong. If our snipers shoot over 6 billion rounds a month in iraq, and that war's not over yet, then our snipers aren't worth shit. So snipers shouldn't even be part of this equation.

And there's no way they have enough ammo to keep shooting zombies (if they could hit them, which apparently they can't) to kill the billions of infected humans.

Dicky McElephant
03-28-2012, 11:12 AM
1 man can get in there a lot easier than a few hundred snipers (if they even make it through the initial infection of airborne, waterborne, and zombies) can kill an entire planet's worth of people with sniper rifles.

I'd say it's doable. All the 1 dude has to do is get past a presumably weak defense and detonate a small bomb.

These are robots with superior AI and a shit ton of weapons. You really think they'd leave like 2 robots to defend their "leader"?

Dicky McElephant
03-28-2012, 11:14 AM
I'm sorry.....did I say snipers?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-O7r9zhLk7GI/TceA4jItiEI/AAAAAAAAADI/GU6Ab79gXCI/s1600/b52-bombs.jpg

Sofa King
03-28-2012, 11:15 AM
These are robots with superior AI and a shit ton of weapons. You really think they'd leave like 2 robots to defend their "leader"?

Oh most certainly they would have more than 2. They'd have a lot of manufacturing robots and whatnot, but fewer defense robots.

And you can bet they'd have less than 6 billion attackers.

Sofa King
03-28-2012, 11:17 AM
I'm sorry.....did I say snipers?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-O7r9zhLk7GI/TceA4jItiEI/AAAAAAAAADI/GU6Ab79gXCI/s1600/b52-bombs.jpg

Bases are full of people, they would most certainly get infected first since many infected people would go to places like that for help. All it takes is one asshole with a scratch to infect that whole place.

And it would be very hard for an army to start bombing it's own people knowing there could be survivors out there. With as much red tape and time consuming procedure our military has, you can bet the infestation would be HUGE by they time they saw fit to use the big guns.

They'd most likely try to use ground troops right away, which of course means the zombie hordes get even bigger when they infect the soldiers (who by the way HAVE to sleep, zombies don't)

DJ's left nut
03-28-2012, 11:21 AM
So for the first question, I'm supposed to assume we all die, right?

In that case, it's a no-brainer; Terminators. You just get shot, stabbed or blown to bits. It's probably going to be pretty quick and clean one way or the other. Zombies, OTOH, are going to scratch, claw and eat you slowly. That sounds incredibly shitty.

However, the 2nd question appears to be an open ended scenario: "Would you rather have to fend off zombies or terminators?" There I would go with Zombies because unlike Terminators, I think we could actually win.

Gonzo
03-28-2012, 11:22 AM
Would you ask her for one more roll in the sack in Zombie form first?

Only if she lets me wire her jaw shut...

Rain Man
We use over 6 billion sniper rounds a month?

Sorry Pestilence. I was wrong. If our snipers shoot over 6 billion rounds a month in iraq, and that war's not over yet, then our snipers aren't worth shit. So snipers shouldn't even be part of this equation.

And there's no way they have enough ammo to keep shooting zombies (if they could hit them, which apparently they can't) to kill the billions of infected humans.

If 180 rounds is standard for carrying, and we peaked out at 187,000 troops, then perhaps 10 percent of those is actually carrying ammo. So that's 18,700 time 180 is about 3.36 million. Assuming that they actually shoot some of the ammo, which I hear happens, then lets assume that 1% of those bullets are shot on a given day (taking into account that most won't shoot and a few will shoot a lot and get handed more ammunition). That means that every day we're adding another 36,000 bullets. Now multiply that by 10 years and you get 131 million bullets.

Now we start looking at vehicles with guns, and for a lack of other info assume the same volume, though it's probably higher. That adds another 131 million bullets.

Now let's assume the same thing for helicopters and planes, though they may be firing more when you've got things like AC-130s out there. That's another 131 million bullets.

Lastly, you add in a correction factor so that my numbers look right, and we're at just over 6 billion bullets.

saphojunkie
My problem with the zombiepolcalypse is all the damn negativity. You want to KILL yourself? Why? Oh, life is so hard now? Oh, there is no hope? Get the fuck over yourself.

Reasons why the Zombieapocalypse is better than life now:

1. You ain't got no job, fool.
2. You ain't got no boss.
3. No one is rich, no one is poor.
4. All you have to worry about is eating, sleeping, staying healthy.
5. Mankind survived millions of years under these parameters: Find food, find shelter, stay healthy, avoid predators. What's the difference between a zombie and a bear? I'd way rather face a zombie.
6. There are no more laws.
7. No one gives a shit what you do with your life, so long as you don't mess with theirs.
8. No more reality TV.

Let's face it. Zombieapolcalypse? get your ass a boat and go live on Lake of the Ozarks. If you need to go ashore for something, you can pick your spot pretty damn easily.

saphojunkie
03-28-2012, 11:28 AM
Terminators are smarter than you.
Terminators are stronger than you.
Terminators know where you would hide.
Terminators are not visibly discernible from regular people.
Terminators are rarely thwarted by baling wire.

I'd rather face a horde of morons than one elite killing machine.

loochy
03-28-2012, 11:29 AM
The robots would be smart enough to know how to inflict maximum damage to our protein based bodies. They would be immune to the heat and radiation of our atomic weapons.

Rain Man
03-28-2012, 11:32 AM
My problem with the zombiepolcalypse is all the damn negativity. You want to KILL yourself? Why? Oh, life is so hard now? Oh, there is no hope? Get the **** over yourself.

Reasons why the Zombieapocalypse is better than life now:

1. You ain't got no job, fool.
2. You ain't got no boss.
3. No one is rich, no one is poor.
4. All you have to worry about is eating, sleeping, staying healthy.
5. Mankind survived millions of years under these parameters: Find food, find shelter, stay healthy, avoid predators. What's the difference between a zombie and a bear? I'd way rather face a zombie.
6. There are no more laws.
7. No one gives a shit what you do with your life, so long as you don't mess with theirs.
8. No more reality TV.

Let's face it. Zombieapolcalypse? get your ass a boat and go live on Lake of the Ozarks. If you need to go ashore for something, you can pick your spot pretty damn easily.

You actually bring up a good question. Are the zombies only human? Are there zombie bears and zombie mountain lions and zombie mosquitoes and zombie bedbugs? Because that could possibly tilt the equation.

Sofa King
03-28-2012, 11:35 AM
If 180 rounds is standard for carrying, and we peaked out at 187,000 troops, then perhaps 10 percent of those is actually carrying ammo. So that's 18,700 time 180 is about 3.36 million. Assuming that they actually shoot some of the ammo, which I hear happens, then lets assume that 1% of those bullets are shot on a given day (taking into account that most won't shoot and a few will shoot a lot and get handed more ammunition). That means that every day we're adding another 36,000 bullets. Now multiply that by 10 years and you get 131 million bullets.

Now we start looking at vehicles with guns, and for a lack of other info assume the same volume, though it's probably higher. That adds another 131 million bullets.

Now let's assume the same thing for helicopters and planes, though they may be firing more when you've got things like AC-130s out there. That's another 131 million bullets.

Lastly, you add in a correction factor so that my numbers look right, and we're at just over 6 billion bullets.

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/002530241/1727461030_1237138387_nope_answer_2_xlarge_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

The robots would be smart enough to know how to inflict maximum damage to our protein based bodies. They would be immune to the heat and radiation of our atomic weapons.

There's no fucking way we drop a nuke on them and they live through it. LMAO for even suggesting that.

Sofa King
03-28-2012, 11:39 AM
You actually bring up a good question. Are the zombies only human? Are there zombie bears and zombie mountain lions and zombie mosquitoes and zombie bedbugs? Because that could possibly tilt the equation.

There are zombie dogs, and man-made evil zombie creatures just like in Resident Evil. Just for arguements sake.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Kh5lYoAREXY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qIl1JGQeza0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rain Man
03-28-2012, 11:49 AM
There are zombie dogs, and man-made evil zombie creatures just like in Resident Evil. Just for arguements sake.

Okay, then that doesn't change things.

When you get down to it, the mosquitoes are the game changer. We need to keep the mosquitoes on our side if there's ever a zombie war, or we're done.

Rausch
03-28-2012, 12:17 PM
Terminators are smarter than you.
Terminators are stronger than you.
Terminators know where you would hide.
Terminators are not visibly discernible from regular people.
Terminators are rarely thwarted by baling wire.

I'd rather face a horde of morons than one elite killing machine.

I'd prefer to die from a shot to the head. Just me, I'd think being eaten alive would suck worse than Casshole...

CanadianChief
03-28-2012, 12:47 PM
This is stupid...Terminators aren't even real.

Zombies for the win!!!!

kcpasco
03-28-2012, 01:46 PM
What if skynet could control zombies also? Ahhh shit

talastan
03-28-2012, 01:54 PM
Terminators.

the key thing to watch out for is if anyone asks for you keys to your motorcycle or car, and your clothes.

if you hear that, strip, then....run.

FYP :D

Sofa King
03-28-2012, 02:03 PM
Well, how does everyone vote after seeing this shocking footage??

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-A2MFKA2aTg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ThaVirus
03-28-2012, 02:21 PM
Well assuming humanity has to end in both scenarios, I'd say zombies would be worse. I have trouble accepting the fact that bugs will be feasting on my body after I die. I couldn't imagine being eaten alive. Terminators are machines. Intelligent, efficient.. They'd put an end to us pretty quickly, I'd imagine.

Zombies would be easier to eliminate. Obviously it would take a long ****ing time. For those of you that have read World War Z:ten years after the war they still find hordes of zombies walking on the bottom of the ocean, thawing out in polar regions, and in uninhabitable parts of jungles. Even so, it could be done. With every small outbreak that occurred, we'd become more efficient and prepared to deal with the threat.

With that said, we'd stand absolutely no ****ing chance against the machines. I'd feel pretty confident standing in the center of 15 zombies as long as I had some sort of lethal melee weapon. You could give me a full auto AK 47 and an RPG and I still wouldn't like my chances going up against one Terminator.

EDIT: 15 zombies is a-****ing-lot. I could probably take 5 or 6 at a time with a katana though.

DJJasonp
03-28-2012, 02:36 PM
Terminators can drive vehicles, fly planes, use computers against us (shut off the water supply, electricity, etc.)....

Zombies cant drive or fly a plane.

I'll take my chances with the zombies.

scho63
03-28-2012, 02:42 PM
Terminators quick death......

Zombies painful slow death of eating you alive.....

GordonGekko
03-28-2012, 02:57 PM
Where is 'the Chargers winning the SB' option??

CanadianChief
03-28-2012, 03:16 PM
I'm no Terminator expert but couldn't they be defeated by releasing some form of EMP???

crazycoffey
03-28-2012, 03:23 PM
which terminators we talking about? I know it makes little difference as all seem hard to kill, but the liquid one that can take different forms, would be the worst.

Iowanian
03-28-2012, 03:23 PM
Death by Bunga.

boogblaster
03-28-2012, 05:33 PM
never eat a zombies left-overs .....

WhiteWhale
03-28-2012, 07:13 PM
Either of these would be easily thwarted by the very non-hollywood like rules of reality. :D