PDA

View Full Version : Quinton Coples

kcbubb
03-28-2012, 07:25 PM
Can he play OLB? Could he make the move like Tamba or Mario Williams? I could see him possibly sliding down in the draft because of questions about his motor.

03/21/2012 - North Carolina Pro Day: North Carolina's highest regarded prospect, Quinton Coples, elected to stand on his results from the Combine, though it is interesting to note that Coples weighed in at 278 pounds Tuesday, six pounds less than he weighed at the Combine. Coples did participate in defensive line drills, as well as linebacker drills at the request of Ryan. As he told the media staff at North Carolina following the workout, "So many teams are going to a 3-4 and I just wanted to show that I was versatile and can play a lot of positions. I couldn't turn down Coach [Ryan], but I was planning to workout at linebacker all along." - Rob Rang, NFLDraftScout.com

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1630323

Direckshun
03-28-2012, 08:23 PM
He's not a 3-4 player.

He's like 290 lbs. He's a 4-3 guy.

kcbubb
03-28-2012, 08:51 PM
I agree. I have always thought of him that way. But I also had similar thoughts about Tamba and Mario Williams. The question is whether he is athletic enough to make those drops.

buddha
03-30-2012, 07:56 PM
Coples is a pussy. He looks like a beast, but he is so easy to block. Did you see what Missouri's second string OT did to him in the bowl game this past season? I wouldn't draft him with somebody else's draft pick.