PDA

View Full Version : Football Report: Bill Parcells says he値l coach Saints if Sean Payton asks him...

mikey23545
03-30-2012, 01:24 PM
Bill Parcells says if he痴 asked by Sean Payton to coach the New Orleans Saints, he値l do it.

That takes us a step closer to Parcells coming out of retirement, something that could take place in the next few weeks.

的f this guy says to me, 腺ill, I need you to do this,着 Parcells told Bob Glauber of Newsday. 典hat痴 what friends are supposed to be for.

Per the report, Parcells has turned down two head-coaching opportunities since retiring from the Dallas Cowboys after the 2006 season. He calls this one 菟ersonal to me because this is one of my guys.

It痴 been detailed how Payton and Parcells have already met. Payton will begin serving a season-long suspension from the NFL on Sunday unless he appeals to NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, a process that would be expedited. The meeting Tuesday was for Parcells to get to know general manager Mickey Loomis.

展e literally did not talk about that job at all [Tuesday], Parcells told Glauber. 典he only thing he told me is, 塑ou池e going to like this situation . I know a few of their players, just a couple. I think Sean wanted me to meet Mickey Loomis. I didn稚 know him very well.

As we speculated here earlier today, even after Payton is suspended, he could continue to meet with an unemployed Parcells to review the roster and go over the Saints. In that time, he could get Parcells up to speed with the franchise before he decided if he was going to jump in. It sounds like all Payton has to do is ask.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AjYXHxJXrP7qYXyIXo65VopDubYF?slug=nfp-20120328_report_parcells_says_hell_coach_saints_if_payton_asks_him

mikey23545
03-30-2012, 01:25 PM
Oh, in addition - I'm not sorry if it's a repost.

KurtCobain
03-30-2012, 01:26 PM
That dude is Al Davis old.

Dayze
03-30-2012, 01:27 PM
is it me, or does anyone else thing Parcels is overrated?

Claynus
03-30-2012, 01:27 PM
Hey there, tree, keep on burning.

qabbaan
03-30-2012, 01:32 PM
One year, make a ton of money, not really responsible for results... Why not.

Thig Lyfe
03-30-2012, 01:35 PM
Bill Parcells

pr_capone
You fucking kidding me? If Pioli had reached out to Tuna and brough him in instead of promoting RAC, I would have been just FINE with that.

Claynus
One year, make a ton of money, not really responsible for results... Why not.

This is all Parcells has been doing in the NFL since the Jets.

He's a parasite that moves from one team to another, sucking money up and leaving the franchise with shit.

He didn't do shit in New York (w/Jets) or Dallas, and he failed to build the Dolphins into shit as GM or whatever he was.

Dayze
03-30-2012, 01:36 PM
...and he was a missed FG away from losing a SB.

Claynus
You fucking kidding me? If Pioli had reached out to Tuna and brough him in instead of promoting RAC, I would have been just FINE with that.

Oh yeah man, could have been fucking awesome. Could have been Dick Vermeil II: Electric Boogaloo!

Detoxing
is it me, or does anyone else thing Parcels is overrated?

I agree.

pr_capone
03-30-2012, 01:38 PM
Oh yeah man, could have been ****ing awesome. Could have been Dick Vermeil II: Electric Boogaloo!

We have had shit since Dick V. I'd be just fine with spending my money on season tix and actually being entertained instead of leaving the stadium hoping some asshole wearing the opposite colors wants to get in my face and gloat.

durtyrute
03-30-2012, 01:44 PM
I agree.

+1

WhiteWhale
03-30-2012, 02:25 PM
I agree.

Parcells himself, as well as those he mentored as coaches, have had a lot of success as coordinators and some cases head coaches. He has never left a team in worse shape than it was when he arrived.

While 'over-rated' is a subjective term and I think Bill Parcells 'old school' approach to the game can be counterproductive in today's NFL, I wouldn't personally say that makes him over-rated. He's still a HOF coach.

Dayze
03-30-2012, 02:27 PM
Parcells himself, as well as those he mentored as coaches, have had a lot of success as coordinators and some cases head coaches. He has never left a team in worse shape than it was when he arrived.

While 'over-rated' is a subjective term and I think Bill Parcells 'old school' approach to the game can be counterproductive in today's NFL, I wouldn't personally say that makes him over-rated. He's still a HOF coach.

yeah, I agree. he's a good coach. but man...the media makes him out to be some sort of Godfather like coach. That's where i was coming from with overrated (which as you said is subjective etc)

Amnorix
03-30-2012, 02:30 PM

You could argue that the Dolphins were worse off, but they were in bad shape before and after, so who knows.

The other teams were definitely better than before he arrived, but in each case with diminishing returns. Giants > Patriots > Jets > Miami.

WhiteWhale
03-30-2012, 02:32 PM
yeah, I agree. he's a good coach. but man...the media makes him out to be some sort of Godfather like coach. That's where i was coming from with overrated (which as you said is subjective etc)

Yeah...I think his personality, which creates tons of stories, just creates this incredible bias from the media. They love talking about him. Plus he's such a merc and he's smart about business. Think about the teams he's dragged from the gutter to the top of their division.

NY Giants
NE Patriots
NY Jets
Dallas Cowboys

These are HUGE media markets that just gave him tons of exposure.

Dayze
03-30-2012, 02:34 PM
Yeah...I think his personality, which creates tons of stories, just creates this incredible bias from the media. They love talking about him. Plus he's such a merc and he's smart about business. Think about the teams he's dragged from the gutter to the top of their division.

NY Giants
NE Patriots
NY Jets
Dallas Cowboys

These are HUGE media markets that just gave him tons of exposure.

good point. I didn't think about the last part.

WhiteWhale
03-30-2012, 02:34 PM
You could argue that the Dolphins were worse off, but they were in bad shape before and after, so who knows.

The other teams were definitely better than before he arrived, but in each case with diminishing returns. Giants > Patriots > Jets > Miami.

Well, I mean... they went 1-15 before he showed up, but he wasn't ever the coach. He was just a guy positioned to absorb all the credit and none of the blame.

He's smart... in a kinda sleazy way... but damn.