PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs What if Cassel "Alex Smith"s it this year?

Direckshun
03-30-2012, 07:22 PM
Pioli's roster builds to a hilt with the coming draft.

Chiefs do something crazy good like the last two drafts. Something like this:

1. DeCastro
2. Andre Branch
3. Josh Chapman
4. Trenton Robinson
5. Andrew Datko
6. Adam Gettis
7. Brandon Bolden
7. Winston Guy, Jr.

Just to name a few of my favorites. And now we're stacked everywhere.

QB: Cassel, Quinn, Stanzi
RB: Charles, Hillis, McCluster, Bolden
FB: Bannon

WR: Bowe, Breaston, Baldwin, Copper, McCluster
TE: Moeaki, Boss, Maneri

LT: Albert, Datko
LG: DeCastro, Harris
C: Hudson, Gettis
RG: Asamoah, Harris
RT: Winston, Datko

DE: Dorsey, Bailey
NT: Chapman, Gordon, Powe
DE: Jackson, Gordon

OLB: Hali, Sheffield
ILB: Belcher, Siler
ILB: Johnson, Siler
OLB: Houston, Branch

CB: Flowers, Routt, Arenas, Brown, Daniels
S: Berry, Lewis, Robinson, Guy

And let's say everything clicks. And I mean everything.

After devastating us last season, the injury bug largely avoids us.

Houston picks up where he left off, and Branch looks like a winner for depth.

Belcher continues to ascend, Routt holds his own on the other island. Brown and Arenas continue to provide great corner depth.

And Berry and Lewis finally get great reinforcements in Robinson and Guy.

Chapman comes ready-made for the NFL and starts day one, and holds his own all year. Dorsey and Jackson continue as Top 5 DEs against the run. Bailey continues to flash.

The offensive line is the best in the NFL. This is a fool proof line, and Hillis and Charles easily top 2,000 yards on the season. Bolden and McCluster even look really good in spot work.

The tight ends provide a great contrast in the short game, and we even run Mo into those crease routes downfield.

Bowe continues playing like a Top 5 WR. Baldwin, getting a whole offseason with Cassel who clearly loves the guy, develops and those flashes we saw last year turn into a fantastic, flirting-with-elite sophomore season with Breaston wrecking shit in the slot.

The coaching staff adjusts radically in games and works all season to develop the rookie talent all over this team.

And Matt Cassel... doesn't suck. He holds shit together.

He still takes too many sacks. He still can't lead the locker room, but doesn't really need to. This locker room is a community now that knows what it is and what it's capable of, and confidence skyrockets.

Cassel still throws for a few 180 yard games, but doesn't need to do anything else all season. This run game is.... special. And the defense is putting up something like 45 sacks on the year.

#6 defense in the league, #14 offense. So we enter the playoffs with an 11-5 record (second in the division to Manning's Broncos), and have a tough road game against someone like the Texans.

Morale at an all time high, and we emerge victorious 24-10. Arian Foster is contained to only 70 yards on 25 carries, and Crennel's defense doesn't even let Matt Schaub breathe.

Matt Cassel's playoff line: 17-29, 212 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT. Standard Cassel performance.

He lays an egg the next playoff game as the Chiefs lose to somebody like the Ravens, 17-10.

Cassel gave us another atrocious playoff performance. But he looked passable in the team's first playoff win in 500 years.

See the future. What happens next?

crazycoffey
03-30-2012, 07:22 PM
I'll kill myself

Bacon Cheeseburger
03-30-2012, 07:24 PM
Pioli gives Cassel a lifetime contract.

O.city
03-30-2012, 07:25 PM
Said something like this the other day.

It could be the worst thing to happen to the Chiefs............ever.

Bwana
03-30-2012, 07:26 PM
LMAO

Count Zarth
03-30-2012, 07:27 PM
What if you had sex with a rhinoceros?

Count Zarth
03-30-2012, 07:28 PM
Matt Cassel beating Matt Schaub on the road in the playoffs. LMAO

cabletech94
03-30-2012, 07:29 PM

sexoceros:spock:

Bacon Cheeseburger
03-30-2012, 07:30 PM
Sexasaurus Sex

Bewbies
03-30-2012, 07:30 PM
tl;dr Cassel sucks the end.

Chiefs Pantalones
03-30-2012, 07:31 PM
I'll shoot him myself.

Flachief58
03-30-2012, 07:33 PM

He'd be the proud parent of the worlds first Dumbassceros

bevischief
03-30-2012, 07:33 PM
Sex with a donkey?

Direckshun
03-30-2012, 07:34 PM

sexoceros:spock:

Sexasaurus Sex

He'd be the proud parent of the worlds first Dumbassceros

LMAO

Guru
03-30-2012, 07:35 PM
tl;dr Cassel sucks the end.

nasty

Count Zarth
03-30-2012, 07:38 PM
HEY DIRECKSHUN

WOULD YOU LIKE A SHOT OF RHINO SPUNK?

ChiefsCountry
03-30-2012, 07:41 PM
I got a better shot at winning the lottery night.
Posted via Mobile Device

splatbass
03-30-2012, 07:42 PM
Said something like this the other day.

It could be the worst thing to happen to the Chiefs............ever.

Yeah, winning sucks. :rolleyes:

Buck
03-30-2012, 07:45 PM
Cassel already Alex Smith'd it in 2009.

Canofbier
03-30-2012, 07:46 PM
Given the scenario you laid out, it sounds like Cassel continues to prove himself as the limiting factor on the team, and with surrounding performances like you described, not even the front office could ignore it. Seems like they'd make some kind of effort to replace him, and we'd hopefully be good to go.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-30-2012, 07:49 PM
Seppuku.

Phobia
03-30-2012, 08:02 PM
Why you posting this as a hypothetical? This is EXACTLY how it's gonna go down. We're Chiefs fans. You should be used to it by now.

O.city
03-30-2012, 08:03 PM
If Cassel wins the Chiefs a playoff game, a statue will be erected.

Multiple ones across the KC metro area. A fountain with him in the middle will be placed at the Plaza.

scott free
03-30-2012, 08:06 PM
Truth is, it could happen... every star could align.

And even one playoff win locks Cassel in for the forseeable future.

DTLB58
03-30-2012, 08:10 PM
Well, that would mean the Chiefs lose the AFC Championship game at home right?

So this place would have a melt down, we all hate on Cassel again. You would see a bunch of F*** You Pioli! and Damn it Carl :cuss:

Then we would all resume to our normal activities. Oh wait, those are normal....:)

DonTellMeShowMe
03-30-2012, 08:10 PM
Omg "Alex Smiths it"? Just stop now ROFL

Flachief58
03-30-2012, 08:11 PM
Truth is, it could happen... every star could align.

And even one playoff win locks Cassel in for the forseeable future.

Shut your whore mouth!

cdcox
03-30-2012, 08:32 PM
Scenarios like this is why you add your franchise QB before you build the rest of your team. And why you don't go after a QB that might be "good enough". This is exactly what a lot of people on here were saying would happen.

arrwheader
03-30-2012, 08:32 PM
This is all ready for told by the mayans and explains why the pyramids were erected

KurtCobain
03-30-2012, 08:34 PM
Well if the pats have a season Brady

beach tribe
03-30-2012, 08:41 PM
I've been telling hitsmaqe this for a loooong time.

I EXPECT Cassel to **** us by having a good year.

It would have been a lot easier if Orton would have beaten him out, and had a good season for Pioli to replace Orton.........but not Cassel.

Either we take Tannehill, and his draft status forces him onto the field, Cassel stinks the joint up so bad he's pulled once or twice and we draft a QB high in 2013, or Cassel has a damn good season and we're stuck with him.

I'm betting the latter.
I'm just praying Cassel steps up his game enough to take us all the way.........cause we're about to get stuck with his ass after this ridiculously talented roster makes it impossible for him to look bad.

Molitoth
03-30-2012, 08:49 PM
I'd send cassels wife a monster cake.

Messier
03-30-2012, 09:03 PM
Well, I guess this would fall under the whole rooting for failure thing again. I tried it last year and couldn't do it. So, I guess I'll be happy for the teams success, and hope Cassel gets replaced in spite of a good year.

BossChief
03-30-2012, 09:04 PM
If he plays like Alex Smith did in the playoffs, Ill send the guy a picture of me eating crow.

BTW, how is doing what you said "Alex Smithing it"

If it weren't for a dumbshit punt returner, Alex Smith lead his team to the superbowl last year.

splatbass
03-30-2012, 09:12 PM
I think people here have lost sight of the whole point of football - WINNING. If we win with Cassel it is still winning. That is the goal, who gives a shit how we get there or who we get there with?

You guys would cut off your nose to spite your face.

GordonGekko
03-30-2012, 09:23 PM
I don't get it..

Why do you have a guard at pick 11?

BossChief
03-30-2012, 09:30 PM
I don't get it..

Why do you have a guard at pick 11?

Thats like walking into the asylum and asking why they are playing checkers with oreo cookies.

BossChief
03-30-2012, 09:35 PM
I think people here have lost sight of the whole point of football - WINNING. If we win with Cassel it is still winning. That is the goal, who gives a shit how we get there or who we get there with?

Here is what you may be missing.

Cassel is hot garbage.

If he has a decent year in 2012, we are absolutely stuck with him for the remainder of his contract and likely longer than that.

The salary can therefore be justified.

We want him gone because if he stays in KC, our "superbowl window" is closed while he is here.

As Chiefs fans though, as Phobia said....we ALL know how this is gonna end.

Tanehill wins a superbowl in Miami in 5 years and Cassel retires as a Chief in 6 years without a single playoff win that he actually played well in.

cdcox
03-30-2012, 09:36 PM

Winning a SB is the point. The outlined scenario falls short.

L.A. Chieffan
03-30-2012, 09:37 PM
Cassel probably would've won that second playoff game but the play calling was atrocious.

splatbass
03-30-2012, 09:39 PM
Here is what you may be missing.

Cassel is hot garbage.

If he has a decent year in 2012, we are absolutely stuck with him for the remainder of his contract and likely longer than that.

The salary can therefore be justified.

We want him gone because if he stays in KC, our "superbowl window" is closed while he is here.

As Chiefs fans though, as Phobia said....we ALL know how this is gonna end.

You are missing the point. If we win with him it means WE WIN WITH HIM. You only care about the hypothetical future, you will root for your team to lose to get a draft pick, you will root for your team to lose because you don't like a QB. You want some future hypothetical win (that may never happen) and will give up winning this year for that future hypothetical. Stupid, just fucking stupid.

splatbass
03-30-2012, 09:41 PM
Winning a SB is the point. The outlined scenario falls short.

I hope we win a SB with Cassel, so you assholes will shut the fuck up and stop hoping our team loses. Of course you will still be pissed that we won the SB because of Cassel.

Hoover
03-30-2012, 09:41 PM
I don't care if we go 13-3 and he's a pro bowler, we will be looking for Qbs.

cdcox
03-30-2012, 09:44 PM
I hope we win a SB with Cassel, so you assholes will shut the **** up and stop hoping our team loses. Of course you will still be pissed that we won the SB because of Cassel.

http://www.truefansports.citymax.com/i/035_1.JPG

Psyko Tek
03-30-2012, 10:05 PM
Just to name a few of my favorites. And now we're stacked everywhere.

QB: Cassel, Quinn, Stanzi

post fail
/thread

BossChief
03-30-2012, 10:09 PM
You are missing the point. If we win with him it means WE WIN WITH HIM. You only care about the hypothetical future, you will root for your team to lose to get a draft pick, you will root for your team to lose because you don't like a QB. You want some future hypothetical win (that may never happen) and will give up winning this year for that future hypothetical. Stupid, just fucking stupid.

Listen jackhole,

I never said I HOPE WE LOSE.

How about this...

there were a few runs last year that Jones had a 10-15 yard gain and lots of us in the game thread would say "Charles would have scored easily on that"

Same thing goes for quarterback.

I think this team WILL win 9 or 10 games next year DESPITE CASSEL....if we had a good quarterback this is probably a 13 or 14 win team that has a good chance of reaching a superbowl in the next couple years.

Whats so hard to understand about that that you have to go around making dumbshit claims about strawmen to make yourself feel better?

JFC

Also, before you talk to me again, look at my list of threads I have started on here that are about Cassel...I have been more than fair to this POS player over his time here and his time here needs to end sooner rather than later if this team is to ever be a superbowl quality team.

Pure and simple

splatbass
03-30-2012, 10:20 PM
http://www.truefansports.citymax.com/i/035_1.JPG

Loser.

splatbass
03-30-2012, 10:21 PM
Listen jackhole,

I never said I HOPE WE LOSE.

How about this...

there were a few runs last year that Jones had a 10-15 yard gain and lots of us in the game thread would say "Charles would have scored easily on that"

Same thing goes for quarterback.

I think this team WILL win 9 or 10 games next year DESPITE CASSEL....if we had a good quarterback this is probably a 13 or 14 win team that has a good chance of reaching a superbowl in the next couple years.

Whats so hard to understand about that that you have to go around making dumbshit claims about strawmen to make yourself feel better?

JFC

Also, before you talk to me again, look at my list of threads I have started on here that are about Cassel...I have been more than fair to this POS player over his time here and his time here needs to end sooner rather than later if this team is to ever be a superbowl quality team.

Pure and simple

I'll talk to you anytime I want. SFTU.

Rudy lost the toss
03-30-2012, 10:24 PM
I just assumed Bannon quit football. O'Connell > Bannon

cdcox
03-30-2012, 10:27 PM
Loser.

So I'm advocating the approach of getting a true franchise QB. You know the approach of the Colts, Patriots, Giants, Saints, Steelers. You are fine with the approach the Chiefs have always taken. And I'm the loser.

splatbass
03-30-2012, 10:32 PM
So I'm advocating the approach of getting a true franchise QB. You know the approach of the Colts, Patriots, Giants, Saints, Steelers. You are fine with the approach the Chiefs have always taken. And I'm the loser.

I want one too. But I'm not going to be mad if we win with Cassel. Sorry. Only losers want to lose.

BossChief
03-30-2012, 10:36 PM
I'll talk to you anytime I want. SFTU.

Go ahead, but if you want to do so without looking like a total clueless fool, you might want to do some homework before you go spouting off about shit you know nothing about.

Just some sound advice.

By all means though, go about your business and keep looking as clueless as usual.

KCChiefsFan88
03-30-2012, 10:49 PM
Cassel had his "Alex Smith caliber year" in 2010 and even then couldn't keep his shittyness down (see his epic fail performance in the Ravens playoff game).

BossChief
03-30-2012, 10:56 PM
Im still waiting for him to throw a single pass to Bowe in that game.

Truth is, even he knows he doesnt have the arm to make those throws against good defenses.

cdcox
03-30-2012, 11:05 PM
I want one too. But I'm not going to be mad if we win with Cassel. Sorry. Only losers want to lose.

Matt Cassel is a lottery ticket.

A franchise QB is a Harvard MBA.

The Chiefs have bought the lottery ticket. I won't be pissed if we win the lottery, but I'm pissed that we won't even apply to Harvard because we'd rather invest the cost of postage in another damn lottery ticket.

DeezNutz
03-30-2012, 11:17 PM

The Chiefs have bought the lottery ticket. I won't be pissed if we win the lottery, but I'm pissed that we won't even apply to Harvard because we'd rather invest the cost of postage in another damn lottery ticket.

Most apt analogy that I've read on this site in a long time.

Outfuckingstanding. /coach's voice

Direckshun
03-30-2012, 11:21 PM

Bravo.

Buehler445
03-30-2012, 11:25 PM

Dude. Spot on. If the morons don't get it, there is nothing we can do.

splatbass
03-30-2012, 11:38 PM

I disagree. You go to war with the army you have.

DeezNutz
03-30-2012, 11:42 PM

So this has absolutely no explicit connection to what cdcox posted. Would you like to elaborate or further defend the chickenshit and short-sighted practices of this farcical organization?

cdcox
03-30-2012, 11:42 PM

Planning and rational decisions >> unjustified bravado.

We don't have to go all in with Matt f'n Cassel. That was a bad decision that we are doubling down on.

DeezNutz
03-30-2012, 11:44 PM
Mom, it hurts when I dip my stick in the socket.

Keep dipping it, son.

-King-
03-30-2012, 11:44 PM

You disagree with what? I'm confused. There's no way you can disagree with that analogy.

DeezNutz
03-30-2012, 11:46 PM
You disagree with what? I'm confused. There's no way you can disagree with that analogy.

The Cassel bat light went off. A response, any response, is warranted.

SNR
03-30-2012, 11:58 PM
Where was this spitass douchebag when we had the Great True Fan Inquisition after KC's playoff loss to the Ravens?

SNR
03-31-2012, 12:08 AM

The Chiefs have bought the lottery ticket. I won't be pissed if we win the lottery, but I'm pissed that we won't even apply to Harvard because we'd rather invest the cost of postage in another damn lottery ticket.I disagree. You poop out rhinoceros semen with the sea monkey dildo you rape.

^
Makes about as much sense as what splatbass posted. Probably more.

splatbass
03-31-2012, 12:11 AM
Planning and rational decisions >> unjustified bravado.

We don't have to go all in with Matt f'n Cassel. That was a bad decision that we are doubling down on.

Who said we have gone all in with Cassel? There are a lot of assumptions on CP.

Bewbies
03-31-2012, 12:12 AM
Splatbass is teh smart.

SNR
03-31-2012, 12:12 AM
Who said we have gone all in with Cassel? There are a lot of assumptions on CP.I disagree. You go to war with the army you have.

splatbass
03-31-2012, 12:13 AM

I disagree that we have to lose to get a new QB. I think all of you are making assumptions based on nothing. None of us even know if Cassel will be the starter.

splatbass
03-31-2012, 12:13 AM
Splatbass is teh smart.

I just don't think the sky is always falling like so many here do. A win is a win.

splatbass
03-31-2012, 12:14 AM

Whatever. I hope we win this season regardless of who the QB is. **** you all if you don't like it.

cdcox
03-31-2012, 12:15 AM
Who said we have gone all in with Cassel? There are a lot of assumptions on CP.

Yeah, the assumption of the OP is that Cassel is our QB and we won't win the SB. I'm okay with winning the SB and I'm okay with trying something different.

SNR
03-31-2012, 12:19 AM
I just don't think the sky is always falling like so many here do. A win is a win.May your unicorns always fart cinnamon buns and may all Chiefs seasons forever be as successful as 2010 was. You deserve it, True Fan!

Crush
03-31-2012, 12:21 AM
Don't worry, Cassel is guaranteed to shit his pants this year.

BossChief
03-31-2012, 12:39 AM
You know, I said this in a a late night thread some time ago, but I think it went mostly unnoticed (even though a few people voiced their agreement with it at the time) by most due to the time it was posted.

Here it goes.

Scott Pioli makes this big deal about "Candy wrappers" and how the organization needs to do a better job of "picking them up"

Its completely ironic because the biggest fucking "candy wrapper" this organization has lying on the floor is Matt Fucking Cassel and Pioli is the guy that refuses to pick it up and throw it away.

It would be sweet if every time someone types Matt Cassel on here that candy wrapper shows up instead.

BossChief
03-31-2012, 12:43 AM
Whatever. I hope we win this season regardless of who the QB is. **** you all if you don't like it.

If you go to KFC and order a 10 piece meal and get home with only 5 pieces of chicken and no sides, I bet you go right back to the same KFC and order another meal and pay again... because you love KFC so much that it didnt matter that they shorted you on your chicken and the manager is in the back, fucking your girlfriend.

I understand, I love me some extra crispy, too.

Epic Fail 007
03-31-2012, 01:06 AM
Well its a contract yr I believe for him .So like brandon carr he will play lights out for 1 yr and go back to sleep.

BossChief
03-31-2012, 01:14 AM
Well its a contract yr I believe for him .So like brandon carr he will play lights out for 1 yr and go back to sleep.

If I were you, Id beer bong a half gallon of aidsafreeze (TM) and just be done with it.

splatbass
03-31-2012, 01:18 AM
If you go to KFC and order a 10 piece meal and get home with only 5 pieces of chicken and no sides, I bet you go right back to the same KFC and order another meal and pay again... because you love KFC so much that it didnt matter that they shorted you on your chicken and the manager is in the back, ****ing your girlfriend.

I understand, I love me some extra crispy, too.

If I go to KFC and order a 10 piece meal and get a 10 piece meal I don't really care if the bucket has misspelled words on it. If we win I don't care who the QB is.

BossChief
03-31-2012, 01:33 AM
The quarterback IS THE CHICKEN...not the "writing on the bucket", you buffoon.

This team has been shorting this fanbase 2 or 3 pieces of chicken out of each bucket for 30 years and fans LIKE YOU beg for him to take one more piece by being totally ok with it.

You do know that its ok to be a fan of a team and not agree with the way its ran, right?

I dont think you do.

splatbass
03-31-2012, 01:39 AM
The quarterback IS THE CHICKEN...not the "writing on the bucket", you buffoon.

This team has been shorting this fanbase 2 or 3 pieces of chicken out of each bucket for 30 years and fans LIKE YOU beg for him to take one more piece by being totally ok with it.

You do know that its ok to be a fan of a team and not agree with the way its ran, right?

I dont think you do.

IF YOU WIN IT IS A WIN. It doesn't matter who the QB is.

BossChief
03-31-2012, 01:44 AM
A win in the playoffs is a win Cassel probably never sees.

This guy is proof that "you cant fix stupid".

Goodnight yall.

splatbass
03-31-2012, 01:46 AM
A win in the playoffs is a win Cassel probably never sees.

This guy is proof that "you cant fix stupid".

Goodnight yall.

"Probably"? You base your whole view on "probably" and you say I'm stupid?

Crush
03-31-2012, 02:16 AM

8-8 woo woo

Crush
03-31-2012, 02:17 AM
ROFL Don't worry we're not winning a Super Bowl with Cassel.

splatbass
03-31-2012, 02:48 AM
8-8 woo woo

They haven't played the season yet.

SDKCCHIEFS
03-31-2012, 03:35 AM
f the haters bro. nice post. its nice to see some positive posts around this place..its mostly smothered by douchebags that hate on their supposed "favorite team"

chiefzilla1501
03-31-2012, 03:58 AM
IF YOU WIN IT IS A WIN. It doesn't matter who the QB is.

I normally would agree with you. I NEVER supported the "suck for Luck" campaign.

But the fact remains that the QB is going to take us to a Super Bowl and Cassel is not that QB. And we've hit an unfortunate state where our front office is so stubborn to prove they're right about Cassel that we as fans know that the only way to get Cassel the **** out of there is for him to perform miserably and lose. Why do they have to lose? Because he performed miserably in 2010 and the Chiefs won, and he got all kinds of credit for it. Even a goddamn pro bowl. And dumbass fans are going to support him for it.

The best situation for the Chiefs is, sadly, that Cassel gets injured and Stanzi becomes Brady (who replaced Bledsoe).

Fruit Ninja
03-31-2012, 04:01 AM
That shit wont happen. Smith has talent. Cassel never did. IF we do win, its giong to be off turn overs and a running attack. Cassel will NEVER make the big play in the clutch.

NOPE

BigRichard
03-31-2012, 05:46 AM

How did that work out for Crazy Horse at the battle of the Little Bighorn?

LOCOChief
03-31-2012, 05:50 AM
Thats like walking into the asylum and asking why they are playing checkers with oreo cookies.

ROFL

Crush
03-31-2012, 08:25 AM
f the haters bro. nice post. its nice to see some positive posts around this place..its mostly smothered by douchebags that hate on their supposed "favorite team"

So we're supposed to be happy with a retard that struggles to throw an accurate 10 yard+ pass as our starting QB? We're fans of the Kansas City Chiefs, not Matt Cassel, why is that so hard to understand? Matt Cassel's ceiling is 10-6 and one and done in the playoffs. He fucking sucks.

Crush
03-31-2012, 08:26 AM
They haven't played the season yet.

Cassel will do just enough to keep us in perfect mediocrity.

whoman69
03-31-2012, 10:56 AM
If Cassel performs even adequately he will be given an extention.

Crush
03-31-2012, 11:16 AM

Which is why we need him to suffer a career-ending injury.

Rausch
03-31-2012, 11:16 AM

He's done.

He knows it.

We'll ride him this year and when he flops we'll have all the reason in the world to dump his gimp azz...

J Diddy
03-31-2012, 11:46 AM
So we're supposed to be happy with a retard that struggles to throw an accurate 10 yard+ pass as our starting QB? We're fans of the Kansas City Chiefs, not Matt Cassel, why is that so hard to understand? Matt Cassel's ceiling is 10-6 and one and done in the playoffs. He ****ing sucks.

No I think he means that you shouldn't bitch every five seconds about the same damned thing. It gets old and the point has been made. A gazillion times by a gazillion posters.

Crush
03-31-2012, 11:58 AM
No I think he means that you shouldn't bitch every five seconds about the same damned thing. It gets old and the point has been made. A gazillion times by a gazillion posters.

Facts:
1. This franchise is 3-12 in playoff games since Super Bowl IV.
2. This team, sans QB, is pretty damn talented.
3. The careers of Flowers, Bowe, DJ, Hali, Albert, Berry, and Charles are going to be wasted while Matt Cassel pretends to be QB. We have the right to be pissed.

BoneKrusher
03-31-2012, 11:59 AM
Facts:
3. The careers of Flowers, Bowe, DJ, Hali, Albert, Berry, and Charles are going to be wasted while Matt Cassel pretends to be QB. We have the right to be pissed.

i agree.
Rep!

crazycoffey
03-31-2012, 12:02 PM
This looks like a new discussion....

BoneKrusher
03-31-2012, 12:08 PM
This looks like a new discussion....

new discussion/different day.
meaning Cassel still sucks ass.

splatbass
03-31-2012, 12:37 PM

This is an assumption that no one here has any way of verifying. This is what pissed me off. This has become "truth" on CP, but there is nothing at all to support it. YOU DON'T KNOW THIS IS TRUE, YOU JUST ASSUME.

BoneKrusher
03-31-2012, 12:50 PM
This is an assumption that no one here has any way of verifying. This is what pissed me off. This has become "truth" on CP, but there is nothing at all to support it. YOU DON'T KNOW THIS IS TRUE, YOU JUST ASSUME.

i would assume that since Pioli has stuck with Castle three seasons, going into year four we're stuck with him till Pioli is fired.

splatbass
03-31-2012, 12:59 PM
i would assume that since Pioli has stuck with Castle three seasons, going into year four we're stuck with him till Pioli is fired.

You ASSUME that, but you don't know that. They have Stanzi and have been looking at QBs in the draft. There is no evidence that they plan on sticking with Cassel for the long term, and plenty of evidence that they aren't planning to do it.

I swear some of you guys like being miserable. You spend all your time whining and assuming the worst. You must hate life.

BoneKrusher
03-31-2012, 01:01 PM
You must hate life.

no, i HATE Castle pretending to be a pro QB.

i'm good with the rest of this team.

Epic Fail 007
03-31-2012, 01:01 PM
You ASSUME that, but you don't know that. They have Stanzi and have been looking at QBs in the draft. There is no evidence that they plan on sticking with Cassel for the long term, and plenty of evidence that they aren't planning to do it.

I swear some of you guys like being miserable. You spend all your time whining and assuming the worst. You must hate life.

You are so right.

Deberg_1990
03-31-2012, 01:04 PM

Didn't the Chiefs publically announce they wanted Manning? They obviously are not 100% happy with Cassel.

BoneKrusher
03-31-2012, 01:09 PM
Didn't the Chiefs publically announce they wanted Manning? They obviously are not 100% happy with Cassel.

IMO
that was smoke and mirrors to try and settle the fan base.

BigMeatballDave
03-31-2012, 01:18 PM
IMO
that was smoking mirrors to try and settle the fan base.

Smoking mirrors?

LMAO

splatbass
03-31-2012, 01:20 PM
IMO

IMO you should stop smoking crack. BTW, the term is "smoke and mirrors", not smoking mirrors which would make no sense.

BoneKrusher
03-31-2012, 01:22 PM
IMO you should stop smoking crack. BTW, the term is "smoke and mirrors", not smoking mirrors which would make no sense.
it does if i smoke crack. ROFL

BossChief
03-31-2012, 01:47 PM

When Romeo was asked if Cassel was his starting quarterback, his response was

"Matt Cassel is our starting quarterback until we get another quarterback"

A few questions later he said "we would be crazy to not want Peyton Manning"

Then, they had private interviews with Luck, RG3 and Tanehill.

Luck and RG3 are out of the equation now, bit since then they also had another interview with Tanehill and also had a private workout with him as well.

I honestly think they really like Tanehill enough to draft him or they would have made a push to sign Orton.

I've been fooled before, but I genuinely think if the Browns pass on him at 4, we make a move to draft the kid.

And they should, he could very well be the next Aaron Rodgers.

Similar starts and skill set.

One things for sure, if we dont make a move for him...we are gonna get stuck with Cassel or worse...Landry Jones.

BoneKrusher
03-31-2012, 02:19 PM
Smoking mirrors?

LMAO

gotta quit multi-tasking.
speed kills. ROFL

noa
03-31-2012, 02:49 PM
Matt Cassel is the worst kind of suck. He will never be good enough, but he's also capable of not shitting the bed on rare occasions so he tantalizes the team into thinking maybe they have something with him. It's paralyzing.

BoneKrusher
03-31-2012, 02:56 PM
Matt Cassel is the worst kind of suck. He will never be good enough, but he's also capable of not shitting the bed on rare occasions so he tantalizes the team into thinking maybe they have something with him. It's paralyzing.

he's the first Pro quarterback i've ever seen that's kept his starting job for three years and cant throw a pass beyond 10 yards and is clueless when it comes to making his reads and adjusting to the defense.

Okie_Apparition
03-31-2012, 03:06 PM
Cassel & Palmer have some work to do to choke in the playoffs like Rivers & Manning
The Bengals have only had 1 winning season in about 20
& Cassel sucks too much to make it to the playoffs & choke

keg in kc
03-31-2012, 03:24 PM
Cassel isn't Gannon or Green or even Steve Beuerlein. He's never shown any sign that he can ever be anything. Some magical lightbulb isn't going to pop on at 30.

splatbass
03-31-2012, 04:09 PM
Cassel & Palmer have some work to do to choke in the playoffs like Rivers & Manning
The Bengals have only had 1 winning season in about 20
& Cassel sucks too much to make it to the playoffs & choke

Cassel has already made it to the playoffs and choked, dumbass.

Nightfyre
03-31-2012, 04:15 PM
Analogies are fucking stupid. And so is splatbass.
In this analogy, the army is the team, and Cassel is the leadership.
An army without effective leadership is helpless. Our army has all the tools at their disposal but ineffective leadership with which to use them.

Okie_Apparition
03-31-2012, 04:48 PM
Why don't you go cut yourself with paper & wrote some goth poems
you spam aspic snorting troll

scott free
03-31-2012, 04:54 PM
Cassel isn't Gannon or Green or even Steve Beuerlein. He's never shown any sign that he can ever be anything. Some magical lightbulb isn't going to pop on at 30.

Oh what i would give to have any of those three this year.

This is like having a beautiful Ferrari with a Renault four cylinder under the hood.

milkman
03-31-2012, 05:04 PM
If he plays like Alex Smith did in the playoffs, Ill send the guy a picture of me eating crow.

BTW, how is doing what you said "Alex Smithing it"

If it weren't for a dumbshit punt returner, Alex Smith lead his team to the superbowl last year.

Smith had two outstanding series against the Saints, but against the Giants he was 1 for 13 in third down passing, the 1 a meaningless completion at the end of the first half.

You can blame the punt returner, but the bottom line is that game was lost because Alex Smith was terrible on third down.

whoman69
03-31-2012, 05:29 PM

He brought in Brady Quinn as "competition". What else are we to assume?

BoneKrusher
03-31-2012, 05:30 PM

exactly.

O.city
03-31-2012, 05:31 PM
Honestly, if he did that I would be excited as hell. AFC champ game? Sure.

But deep down, we all know how we would feel.

whoman69
03-31-2012, 05:38 PM
IMO

new cp lexicon

splatbass
03-31-2012, 05:42 PM

He also tried to get Manning and has been looking at QBs in the draft. Who did he miss out on that you think he should have gotten?

Some of you guys have just lost all logic and reason.

SNR
03-31-2012, 05:45 PM
YOU GUYS DON'T KNOW THE SUN WILL COME UP TOMORROW. YOU JUST ASSUME

splatbass
03-31-2012, 05:47 PM
YOU GUYS DON'T KNOW THE SUN WILL COME UP TOMORROW. YOU JUST ASSUME

Stop being an idiot. Of course we know the Sun will come up tomorrow. We don't know that Pioli will sign Cassel to a long term contract if the Chiefs do well this year. That is unfounded speculation.

Chief Roundup
03-31-2012, 06:04 PM
Honestly, if he did that I would be excited as hell. AFC champ game? Sure.

But deep down, we all know how we would feel.

That is the reason we need to get our QB now. I wanted RG3. I would rather have Tannehill on the squad and learning than to wait until next season for I fear that we will be further down in the 1st and I don't believe that Pioli will ever give up what it would take to move up to get one of the top 2 QB's any year that we are not already drafting in the top 10.
If Cassel looks good this year not only will we be drafting with a much worse position but it will be even less likely that Pioli will want to go a different direction from Cassel. If we already have our QBotF then it will be easier to make a move mid season the next year when Cassel reverts back again. Not to mention this would give Clark his QBotF that we drafted and are developing.

Chocolate Hog
03-31-2012, 06:10 PM
Dick sure loves to post the depth chart doesn't he?

O.city
03-31-2012, 06:11 PM
Dick sure loves to post the depth chart doesn't he?

Yeah, but I like when he does.

whoman69
03-31-2012, 07:01 PM
He also tried to get Manning and has been looking at QBs in the draft. Who did he miss out on that you think he should have gotten?

Some of you guys have just lost all logic and reason.

According to Pioli that conversation with Manning's rep, not Manning, was, "Sorry Scott. Peyton doesn't want to play for the Chiefs." And Pioli responded, "Uhm, ok, bye."

You could have Louis Tully from Ghostbusters do the Pioli part in your recreation.

Who should he have gotten? Anyone who could have competed with Cassel. That answer is definitely not Brady Quinn. He could have gotten the Cowboys backup since he was with us last year. Orton knew enough to see that Pioli was locked into Cassel even though Crennel was begging him for an alternative. Orton's cap hit for next year is less than Quinn's.

Plan A for this season was going with Cassel as the starter.

Count Zarth
03-31-2012, 07:10 PM
Any notion that Pioli "tried" is ridiculous.

He hasn't lifted a finger to get a real QB since he traded for Cassel. That's why we went into last season with the worst QB situation in the NFL.

Noss
03-31-2012, 07:17 PM
And you came up with this idea after smoking how much weed?

scott free
03-31-2012, 07:22 PM

Its almost impossible to believe that Pioli doesnt see the exact same problems with Cassel that everyone else does.

But give the mfer his due, he is BY GOD determined to make his original -genius status intact- choice for franchise QB stick.

He'd bring the Harlem Globetrotters in, if he thought they could somehow make Cassel a winner.

milkman
03-31-2012, 07:34 PM
I wouldn't be so quick to blame 1-13 on Smith. I think the Giants front seven made Smith 1-13.

In the playoffs, QBs are going to face pressure.

Eli Manning faced as much, if not more pressure, from the 49ers D in that game.

He was knocked around like a rag doll.

The difference in that game is that Eli game up big on critical third down plays against that pressure.

Alex Smith came up small.

splatbass
03-31-2012, 07:46 PM
According to Pioli that conversation with Manning's rep, not Manning, was, "Sorry Scott. Peyton doesn't want to play for the Chiefs." And Pioli responded, "Uhm, ok, bye."

You could have Louis Tully from Ghostbusters do the Pioli part in your recreation.

Who should he have gotten? Anyone who could have competed with Cassel. That answer is definitely not Brady Quinn. He could have gotten the Cowboys backup since he was with us last year. Orton knew enough to see that Pioli was locked into Cassel even though Crennel was begging him for an alternative. Orton's cap hit for next year is less than Quinn's.

Manning didn't want to play for us, get over it. The Cowboys paid way more for Orton that we wanted to pay. Who else you got?

el borracho
03-31-2012, 07:49 PM
Direckshun,

I'm not sure what question you are trying to ask so I'll just say this: We all hate Cassel and want him gone asap. Does that answer whatever questions you have?

el borracho
03-31-2012, 07:52 PM

I'm not too sure about that. There has been enough noise about other QBs in the last few months to merit some optimism. The question, in my opinion, is "when" will they replace Matt and "with whom?"

el borracho
03-31-2012, 07:57 PM
Facts:

I'm not sure why people are so concerned with the careers of Flowers, Bowe, et al. QB aside, Pioli has done a pretty commendable job of finding and signing talent. Pioli has also shown he can make prioritize business ahead of emotion (Carr) so there is reason to anticipate that he (Pioli) will continue to fill the roster. When Flowers, Bowe, et al. are finished, Pioli will replace them with other talented players.

Dylan
03-31-2012, 08:32 PM
Smith had two outstanding series against the Saints, but against the Giants he was 1 for 13 in third down passing, the 1 a meaningless completion at the end of the first half.

You can blame the punt returner, but the bottom line is that game was lost because Alex Smith was terrible on third down.

I've said it many times and I'll say it forever. But I keep reading: "If it weren't for a dumbshit punt returner, Alex Smith lead his team to the superbowl last year."

Mind boggling. :D

I don't think he was watching the NFC Championship game. No?

Dylan
03-31-2012, 08:48 PM
I wouldn't be so quick to blame 1-13 on Smith. I think the Giants front seven made Smith 1-13.

Eli was sitting on the sidelines?

Here you go: Easy E vs SF 49er's

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-gameday/09000d5d8263c4f1/Playing-like-Giants

Short but sweet.

BossChief
03-31-2012, 09:14 PM
Stop being an idiot. Of course we know the Sun will come up tomorrow. We don't know that Pioli will sign Cassel to a long term contract if the Chiefs do well this year. That is unfounded speculation.

What the fuck are you blabbering about now?

Matt "hot garbage" Cassel is signed here for the next 3 years.

Why would he need his contract extended?

whoman69
03-31-2012, 09:59 PM
Manning didn't want to play for us, get over it. The Cowboys paid way more for Orton that we wanted to pay. Who else you got?

Dismissive and delusional. Pioli admitted he made one call to his agent and compared it to asking a girl out. Dallas paid Orton $10 million for a three year contract which had a $5 million signing bonus and $3.25 million of the rest of the $5 million backloaded to the last year where he could have been cut with only a cap hit of $1.6 million. As normal the Chiefs went cheap and got Quinn.
Certainly got what they paid for.

BossChief
03-31-2012, 10:40 PM
Dismissive and delusional. Pioli admitted he made one call to his agent and compared it to asking a girl out. Dallas paid Orton $10 million for a three year contract which had a $5 million signing bonus and $3.25 million of the rest of the $5 million backloaded to the last year where he could have been cut with only a cap hit of $1.6 million. As normal the Chiefs went cheap and got Quinn.
Certainly got what they paid for.

Maybe they looked at the three rookies they interviewed at the combine as better options and didn't see Orton as enough of an upgrade to sign.

Maybe they see Stanzi as equal or better and want him to get a shot.

Maybe they thought Manning would have more interest in KC and had tunnel vision.

Maybe Pioli really is all in on Cassel and will keep him as our starter till his contract expires.

Nobody really knows.

kcbubb
04-02-2012, 02:20 AM
I agree with the majority on this board and believe that Pioli loves Cassel. But I hope that Pioli views Cassel as an average QB that he will replace as soon as he has the right opportunity. I hope that we don't draft Tannehill because it takes more than physical tools to be an NFL QB. We should wait until next year to take a QB. Hopefully, all the bad teams will have drafted one by then and the need won't be as prevalent.

htismaqe
04-02-2012, 06:26 AM
You know what's really funny?

They're gonna repeat 2010 (aka NO playoff win) and Cassel's going to get an extension anyway...

BossChief
04-02-2012, 09:47 AM
Why do people keep saying Cassel will get an extension?

He is under contract the next 3 seasons.

htismaqe
04-02-2012, 10:04 AM
Why do people keep saying Cassel will get an extension?

He is under contract the next 3 seasons.

That's not long enough for Pioli. He needs some peace of mind.

BoneKrusher
04-02-2012, 10:47 AM
That's not long enough for Pioli. He needs some peace of mind.

yeah i agree, Pioli will probably extend Cassel's contract and keep him around till he turns 40 just to give him plenty of time.ROFL

splatbass
04-02-2012, 08:24 PM
yeah i agree, Pioli will probably extend Cassel's contract and keep him around till he turns 40 just to give him plenty of time.ROFL

Sadly, some people here seem to actually believe that.