PDA

View Full Version : Football Ryan Leaf arrested AGAIN

Al Bundy
03-30-2012, 07:59 PM
kxly ‏ @kxly4news

Ex-WSU Coug QB Ryan Leaf arrested today on burglary, theft and drug charges, according to Cascade Co. Sheriff's Dept in Great Falls, MT.

lewdog
03-30-2012, 07:59 PM
He is a huge pile of trash. What a fucking loser.

Baconeater
03-30-2012, 08:00 PM
Burglary? Does that mean he already blew all the money he stole from the Chargers?

Mr_Tomahawk
03-30-2012, 08:00 PM
Bring him in!

lewdog
03-30-2012, 08:01 PM
He probably still has the tools though and we like reject QBs!

Al Bundy
03-30-2012, 08:01 PM
Bring him in!

Is he part of the right 53 though?

|Zach|
03-30-2012, 08:03 PM
Yikes, that is a downward spiral.

Buck
03-30-2012, 08:05 PM
Wow. Last I heard he was sober for a while and recovering from brain cancer.

Hope he gets better again.

pr_capone
03-30-2012, 08:05 PM
Wow. Last I heard he was sober for a while and recovering from brain cancer.

Hope he gets better again.

it was a begnin tumor in his brain stem

Mr. Flopnuts
03-30-2012, 08:07 PM
I don't often speak to Wazzu grads, but when I do, I ask for fries with my order.

KcMizzou
03-30-2012, 08:08 PM
Honestly, I kinda feel bad for the guy.

Can you imagine? Your whole life is football, everyone loves you (because of football). Then when you fail miserably at that one thing... what's left?

Chiefs Pantalones
03-30-2012, 08:10 PM
Competition?

Mr_Tomahawk
03-30-2012, 08:11 PM

Can you imagine? Your whole life is football, everyone loves you (because of football). Then when you fail miserably at that one thing... what's left?

Chiefsplanet.com

Shaid
03-30-2012, 08:12 PM
Wow, what a pile.

Al Bundy
03-30-2012, 08:13 PM
http://yfrog.com/z/h2qaavhj
Mugshot

Baconeater
03-30-2012, 08:14 PM

You go live very well on the assload of money you made by failing.

KcMizzou
03-30-2012, 08:15 PM
You go live very well on the assload of money you made by failing.You'd think so. You and I might, but this guy clearly couldn't.

Rain Man
03-30-2012, 08:16 PM

Same here. Maybe he would've flamed out no matter what, but the challenge in our society is that a failure like his will dog him for the rest of his life. With our media, I bet he can't go anywhere without someone harassing him or making fun of him. And when you add that his alter-ego was Peyton Manning...that's just tough.

People like Bill Buckner and Steve Bartman probably face the same thing, and it would have to be a very difficult life.

Bwana
03-30-2012, 08:19 PM
What a complete waste of skin.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7757480/former-san-diego-charger-ryan-leaf-arrested-charged-felony-burglary

http://cmsimg.greatfallstribune.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=G1&Date=20120330&Category=NEWS01&ArtNo=120330008&Ref=AR&MaxW=640&Border=0&Ryan-Leaf-arrested-drug-burglary-theft-charges

KcMizzou
03-30-2012, 08:19 PM
Same here. Maybe he would've flamed out no matter what, but the challenge in our society is that a failure like his will dog him for the rest of his life. With our media, I bet he can't go anywhere without someone harassing him or making fun of him. And when you add that his alter-ego was Peyton Manning...that's just tough.

People like Bill Buckner and Steve Bartman probably face the same thing, and it would have to be a very difficult life.Probably should have taken that money and moved to another country.... hind sight's 20/20.

(Or 50/50 on CP)

Al Bundy
03-30-2012, 08:20 PM

People like Bill Buckner and Steve Bartman probably face the same thing, and it would have to be a very difficult life.

I think the difference between Leaf and the other 2 guys you mentioned is that on top of all of it Leaf was a complete ASSHOLE.

Deberg_1990
03-30-2012, 08:43 PM
Wow, unreal. I thought he was coaching HS football somewhere in Texas?

Rain Man
03-30-2012, 08:47 PM
I think the difference between Leaf and the other 2 guys you mentioned is that on top of all of it Leaf was a complete ASSHOLE.

Well...yeah.

RJ
03-30-2012, 08:56 PM
So here's an interesting question. Is Ryan Leaf a failure?

On the surface the answer seems obvious. Dude has gone from #2 pick in the NFL draft with a multi-million dollar contract to being arrested in various jurisdictions on burglary and drug charges.

But he still was the #2 pick in his draft, he did make millions of dollars, he is a household name and he did have a talent that only a handful of people on the entire planet have.

Failure? Success? Or both?

cdcox
03-30-2012, 08:57 PM
It depends a lot on your personality. Heath Shuler and Todd Blackledge both flamed out spectacularly in the NFL, yet still parlayed their NFL money and reputations into very successful post-NFL careers.

Rain Man
03-30-2012, 09:01 PM
Maybe success and failure isn't a lifetime label.

Until the age of 21 Ryan Leaf was a great success, though I've read that he was a colossal jerk. So I guess he was a success professionally, and I suspect that he was happy during those years, so maybe if you consider that success he may have been successful personally too.

Now? He just got arrested for burglary, theft, and drug charges. I think he can safely be labeled a failure now.

Pushead2
03-30-2012, 09:11 PM
So here's an interesting question. Is Ryan Leaf a failure?

On the surface the answer seems obvious. Dude has gone from #2 pick in the NFL draft with a multi-million dollar contract to being arrested in various jurisdictions on burglary and drug charges.

But he still was the #2 pick in his draft, he did make millions of dollars, he is a household name and he did have a talent that only a handful of people on the entire planet have.

Failure? Success? Or both?

Underachiever

RJ
03-30-2012, 09:12 PM
Maybe success and failure isn't a lifetime label.

Until the age of 21 Ryan Leaf was a great success, though I've read that he was a colossal jerk. So I guess he was a success professionally, and I suspect that he was happy during those years, so maybe if you consider that success he may have been successful personally too.

Now? He just got arrested for burglary, theft, and drug charges. I think he can safely be labeled a failure now.

How about if he gets a reality TV show? Cause I see that in his future.

RJ
03-30-2012, 09:13 PM
Underachiever

What a horrible label. There's nothing worse than being a disappointment.

Count Zarth
03-30-2012, 09:22 PM
Gunther Cunningham made the arrest.

Count Zarth
03-30-2012, 09:24 PM
Wow, unreal. I thought he was coaching HS football somewhere in Texas?

Last I heard he was a golf coach.

KcMizzou
03-30-2012, 09:25 PM
Gunther Cunningham made the arrest.In yellow cop glasses.

Easy 6
03-30-2012, 09:29 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7757480/former-san-diego-charger-ryan-leaf-arrested-charged-felony-burglary

http://cmsimg.greatfallstribune.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=G1&Date=20120330&Category=NEWS01&ArtNo=120330008&Ref=AR&MaxW=640&Border=0&Ryan-Leaf-arrested-drug-burglary-theft-charges

LMAO a big, swimmy-eyed retard with meth warts... he's oblivious to it all.

cdcox
03-30-2012, 09:39 PM
LMAO a big, swimmy-eyed retard with meth warts... he's oblivious to it all.

Looks younger than Peyton Manning.

prhom
03-30-2012, 09:45 PM

I don't feel bad at all. He should have finished college and not squandered his huge signing bonus.

prhom
03-30-2012, 09:48 PM

Am I the only one who thinks he looks like Bill Paxton?

philfree
03-30-2012, 09:50 PM
Reading this gives me a thought. Wouldn't it be cool if Andrew Luck and the Colts came to Arrowhead on opening day this year and we sent him on to a similar career to Leafs?

Phobia
03-30-2012, 09:50 PM
"Go Cowboys" would be fitting final words from this guy.

Count Zarth
03-30-2012, 09:57 PM

game over man, game over!

prhom
03-30-2012, 10:24 PM
game over man, game over!

My favorite Bill Paxton quote ever!

rico
03-30-2012, 10:46 PM
Reading this gives me a thought. Wouldn't it be cool if Andrew Luck and the Colts came to Arrowhead on opening day this year and we sent him on to a similar career to Leafs?

Lol, that'd be outstanding, but it's never going to happen man. I think I remember reading somewhere that Luck's hobby outside of football is reading. Leaf's hobbies were a bit more permiscuous. I think I read in the same exerpt that Pioli said something along the lines of, "I don't know if I'd rather kids like these be my team's QB or my daughter's wife?" Not an exact quote, but something along those lines. Our best hope for Luck "flaking" out like Leaf is that he becomes Schizophrenic or something. That'd be AWESOME!!!!

If you go to youtube, someone posted the 2000 Raiders vs. Chargers opening game. A 6 parter. I think if you search, "The Black Hole 'Welcomes' Ryan Leaf" you should find it. Some vintage Leaf footage in that. MAN he took some hits in that game. He is a real confusing QB to watch. 95% of the time he is absolute garbage.... but every once in a while he would show glimpses of being a beast... There was this 30 yard or so pass on part 3 that really sticks out. His arm was HUGE, but he was just all over the place while throwing the ball. Always throwing too far outside. Fumbling snaps. Took too many risks down the field. It didn't help much that his receivers didn't seem to be gaining any separation. Man, what an erratic QB.

lewdog
03-30-2012, 10:53 PM
What if Ryan Leaf won the Mega-Millions jackpot???

rico
03-31-2012, 12:12 AM
What if Ryan Leaf won the Mega-Millions jackpot???

He'd have hella-kilos. Well, or hella-anhydrous....his face is looking methtastic.

Thig Lyfe
03-31-2012, 01:07 AM
Ryan Leaf

Buck
03-31-2012, 01:12 AM
Man I can't tell you how excited I was when we drafted Leaf. Even more excited than when we drafted Larry English.

COchief
03-31-2012, 08:00 AM
My first thought, the chinless wonder.

Donger
03-31-2012, 08:07 AM
My favorite Bill Paxton quote ever!

"You two donkey-dicks couldn't get laid in a morgue."

Sure-Oz
03-31-2012, 08:08 AM
I heard he was doing well and seemed to have his life on track, really sucks to hear

Bwana
03-31-2012, 08:13 AM

To be honest, he looks a lot like Andrew Luck.

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Andrew+Luck+Stanford+v+California+kGl3IGGNXEIl.jpg

milkman
03-31-2012, 08:23 AM
Man I can't tell you how excited I was when we drafted Leaf. Even more excited than when we drafted Larry English.

I remember hearing that Bobby Beathard had enough questions about his personality that he had pych evals done, and he was told there was very little chance that Leaf could succeed based on those evaluations.

Bwana
03-31-2012, 09:04 AM
Heh, I guess he's going to miss his book signing, here in town today.

http://billingsgazette.com/news/state-and-regional/montana/ex-nfl-quarterback-ryan-leaf-arrested-billings-book-signing-canceled/article_f1b82c22-0390-558e-953f-50cc216a8fd3.html

Halfcan
03-31-2012, 01:06 PM
http://yfrog.com/z/h2qaavhj
Mugshot

That would be Perfect for the Chiefs Planet Mugshot thread-lol

Bwana
03-31-2012, 06:51 PM
The latest on Cryn......

http://billingsgazette.com/news/state-and-regional/montana/police-ex-nfl-quarterback-stole-painkillers/article_5b0723c1-17e4-522a-8e0b-17a6dfc77324.html

Rain Man
03-31-2012, 07:10 PM
Lol, that'd be outstanding, but it's never going to happen man. I think I remember reading somewhere that Luck's hobby outside of football is reading. Leaf's hobbies were a bit more permiscuous. I think I read in the same exerpt that Pioli said something along the lines of, "I don't know if I'd rather kids like these be my team's QB or my daughter's wife?" Not an exact quote, but something along those lines. Our best hope for Luck "flaking" out like Leaf is that he becomes Schizophrenic or something. That'd be AWESOME!!!!

Hey, the girl-girl stuff is great, but should he be saying that about his daughter?

Rain Man
03-31-2012, 07:12 PM
I remember hearing that Bobby Beathard had enough questions about his personality that he had pych evals done, and he was told there was very little chance that Leaf could succeed based on those evaluations.

Bobby Beathard started believing his own press clippings in San Diego. As much as we complained about Carl, Bobby Beathard was insane. Didn't he have a several-year stretch where he would trade his first round next year for a second round this year, just because he thought some guy like Mikhael Ricks was slipping? I'd trade a second for a first every day of the week plus Sunday.

Easy 6
03-31-2012, 07:35 PM
Ya gotta love that slackjawed, mouthbreathing profile.

herp x derp

Mr. Laz
04-02-2012, 10:31 AM
Ryan Leaf arrested for second time in four days

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 2, 2012, 12:24 PM EDT

Getty Images
Ryan Leaf was arrested again on Monday and accused of committing a burglary shortly after he posted bail and got out of jail after an arrest on Friday.

Central Montana Drug Force Commander Chris Hickman told the Associated Press that Leaf was arrested early Monday in Great Falls on charges of burglary, theft and two counts of criminal possession of dangerous drugs.

The new charges stem from a burglary Leaf allegedly committed on Saturday, not long after he got out of jail following his Friday arrest, which was also related to committing a burglary and illegal possession of prescription painkillers.

Leaf has a hearing scheduled for today and is still in jail.

The No. 2 overall pick in the 1998 NFL draft, Leaf is regularly named the biggest draft bust in NFL history. Leaf became hooked on prescription painkillers and was already on probation stemming from a 2010 felony conviction, but in the last year he has claimed that he beat his addiction and turned his life around.

Chiefnj2
04-02-2012, 10:34 AM
You guys see failure and bust, Pioli sees excellent value.

BoneKrusher
04-02-2012, 10:36 AM
wow, and wasn't he the second overall pick of the 98 draft?

Pestilence
04-02-2012, 10:36 AM
Ryan Leaf vs. JaMarcus Russell in a PPV deathmatch.

Mr. Laz
04-02-2012, 10:37 AM
You guys see failure and bust, Pioli sees excellent value.
soooooooooooo ... one day everyone is bitching because Pioli puts such a high value on character, the next your bitching because apparently he doesn't care about character?

just shut up...

Earthling
04-02-2012, 10:46 AM
In and out of jail Friday. Looks like he still has the quick release.

Rain Man
04-02-2012, 10:47 AM
Can someone change the thread title to "Ryan Leaf Arrested Again Again"?

BoneKrusher
04-02-2012, 10:48 AM

ROFL

Dayze
04-02-2012, 11:24 AM
I'll just Leaf this hear.
kthx bye!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/N4M7VSK8e3o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Saul Good
04-02-2012, 11:28 AM

With a tight, downward spiral

Saul Good
04-02-2012, 11:32 AM
Can someone change the thread title to "Ryan Leaf Arrested Again Again"?

Supposedly, he escaped from jail this time. Already, people are saying that it was the biggest bust out in history.

Earthling
04-02-2012, 11:45 AM
Supposedly, he escaped from jail this time. Already, people are saying that it was the biggest bust out in history.

Lol ROFL

Predarat
04-02-2012, 01:03 PM
Instead of putting him in jail, send him to George Zimmermans neighborhood this time.

BoneKrusher
04-02-2012, 01:38 PM
this is the most media coverage Leaf has gotten since his meltdown at Arrowhead.

must be Leaf Year.

Bwana
04-02-2012, 05:56 PM
Ryan Leaf arrested for second time in four days

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 2, 2012, 12:24 PM EDT

Getty Images
Ryan Leaf was arrested again on Monday and accused of committing a burglary shortly after he posted bail and got out of jail after an arrest on Friday.

Central Montana Drug Force Commander Chris Hickman told the Associated Press that Leaf was arrested early Monday in Great Falls on charges of burglary, theft and two counts of criminal possession of dangerous drugs.

The new charges stem from a burglary Leaf allegedly committed on Saturday, not long after he got out of jail following his Friday arrest, which was also related to committing a burglary and illegal possession of prescription painkillers.

Leaf has a hearing scheduled for today and is still in jail.

The No. 2 overall pick in the 1998 NFL draft, Leaf is regularly named the biggest draft bust in NFL history. Leaf became hooked on prescription painkillers and was already on probation stemming from a 2010 felony conviction, but in the last year he has claimed that he beat his addiction and turned his life around.

Wow :shake:

BillSelfsTrophycase
04-02-2012, 05:59 PM
Ya gotta love that slackjawed, mouthbreathing profile.

herp x derp

Looks like partial facial paralysis from the earlier brain surgury to me

Bwana
04-13-2012, 04:53 PM
Heh

Ryan Leaf formally charged with 4 felonies

HELENA - A Montana prosecutor has formally charged former NFL quarterback Ryan Leaf with four felonies in connection with allegations that he broke into homes to steal prescription painkillers.

Cascade County Attorney John Parker charged Leaf Thursday with two counts of burglary and two counts of criminal possession of a dangerous drug.

Leaf is accused of entering an acquaintance's home to steal oxycodone on March 29. He was arrested the next day and released after posting bail.

Authorities say he broke into another home and stole hydrocodone two days later.

If convicted, Leaf faces a possible prison sentence of up to 50 years on all four charges.

Leaf is jailed without bond on a 30-day hold on charges that he violated his Texas probation with his Montana arrest.

http://billingsgazette.com/news/state-and-regional/montana/ryan-leaf-formally-charged-with-felonies/article_ff8d19cc-e0c1-58a6-9d35-8d7011b45428.html

Rain Man
04-13-2012, 05:11 PM
Four felonies? Did he forget to defecate on a lawyer's desk during the robberies?

Mr. Laz
04-20-2012, 12:56 PM
Ex-Chargers QB Ryan Leaf set to be arraigned on four felonies
Associated Press
Published: April 20, 2012 at 02:18 p.m. Updated: April 20, 2012 at 02:38 p.m.
Liked: 0 | Comments: 1
Email Print
Read Discuss
HELENA, Mont. -- Former NFL quarterback Ryan Leaf is scheduled to be arraigned May 3 in Great Falls, Mont., on burglary and drug possession charges.

Brooks: Bust potential
Bucky Brooks identifies five overrated prospects in the 2012 NFL Draft, including QB Ryan Tannehill and DT Dontari Poe. More ...
Leaf remains jailed in the Cascade County Detention Center after he was arrested twice within four days on accusations that he broke into homes and stole prescription painkillers.

The former San Diego Chargers quarterback faces four felonies, including two counts of burglary and two counts of criminal possession of a dangerous drug.

Leaf also could be facing prison time in a 2010 case from when he was a coach at West Texas A & M. Leaf was given 10 years' probation after being accused of burglarizing a player's home.

The Texas prosecutor who brokered that plea deal asked to have Leaf's probation revoked after the Montana arrests.

Pawnmower
04-28-2012, 01:06 PM
This is your Face on drugs
http://global.fncstatic.com/static/managed/img/U.S./RyanLeaf.jpg

Simplicity
04-28-2012, 01:10 PM
Leaf didn't fall far from the tree...

I have no idea where I'm going with this one.

Bwana
05-08-2012, 03:49 PM
The latest on the mouth breather.........

http://billingsgazette.com/news/state-and-regional/montana/ryan-leaf-pleads-guilty-to-burglary-drug-possession/article_986999fa-dac6-550e-ac56-0a7f0a22b026.html

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/billingsgazette.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/1/42/142dc8cf-9bc3-561f-996d-dbfee4622066/4fa9c8a879669.preview-620.jpg

ChiefsNow
05-08-2012, 03:57 PM
A leaf off the old aids tree.

Thig Lyfe
05-08-2012, 04:11 PM
wow, and wasn't he the second overall pick of the 98 draft?

Link?

Bwana
06-19-2012, 11:47 AM
Heh

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/billingsgazette.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/8/f0/8f0e4276-1f2a-527e-94d0-2cb40d45a542/4fe0b2f21d9ec.preview-620.jpg

Ryan Leaf to be sentenced for drugs, burglary

GREAT FALLS -- Former NFL quarterback Ryan Leaf is scheduled to be sentenced in Montana on Tuesday after having pleaded guilty last month to breaking into a house and illegally possessing painkillers.

A plea agreement calls for Leaf to be sentenced to nine months in a secure drug treatment facility, followed by time in a pre-release center as part of a five-year term with the Montana Department of Corrections for the burglary charge. The state is recommending a suspended five-year term for the drug charge.

District Judge Kenneth Neill of Great Falls is not bound by the May 8 plea agreement, but has said Leaf needs treatment.

A prosecutor in Texas also is seeking to revoke Leaf's 10-year probationary sentence from a 2010 plea agreement for stealing prescription pain medicine.

http://billingsgazette.com/news/state-and-regional/montana/ryan-leaf-to-be-sentenced-for-drugs-burglary/article_c10384ec-fcdd-5876-a46a-15ae48b500f4.html

Rain Man
06-19-2012, 11:51 AM
That's got to be tough. You'd have to be thinking, "How did I get from there [envisioning piles of money, fame, and non-underwear-wearing groupies] to this?" I think it could actually completely destroy a person's psyche.

Dragonocho
06-19-2012, 11:55 AM
Wonder if he'll turn over a new leaf in prison?

Dartgod
06-19-2012, 11:57 AM
Wonder if he'll turn over a new leaf in prison?

I doubt it. Most likely, he'll branch out into other crimes.

Rain Man
06-19-2012, 11:58 AM

You don't think he'll stick with the same ones?

tredadda
06-19-2012, 11:59 AM

Probably as prison will sap the last bit of goodness out of him.

Bwana
06-19-2012, 12:00 PM
You don't think he'll stick with the same ones?

I wouldn't doubt it, from what I understand he's still walking around with a chip, on his shoulder.

tredadda
06-19-2012, 12:01 PM
I wouldn't doubt it, from what I understand he's still walking around with a chip, on his shoulder.

And he will most likely be board.

Rain Man
06-19-2012, 12:01 PM

He really needs to get to the root of those problems.

Sofa King
06-19-2012, 12:12 PM
I wonder if he'll keep a daily log of his activities?

1. woke up at 7:00
2. Got raped by cell mate, phil.
3. showered with 15 dudes, who all took turns raping me
4. breakfast time, my favorite time of the day.
5. Back to the cells for round 2 with my roommate, phil.

NewChief
06-19-2012, 12:14 PM
You guys should start a pun appreciation support group or something.

I've never taken note but maybe someone else has: is it the same group of posters on here who like to take puns and run with them?

Phobia
06-19-2012, 12:23 PM

I've never taken note but maybe someone else has: is it the same group of posters on here who like to take puns and run with them?

I think you're barking up the wrong tree, sport.

NewChief
06-19-2012, 12:37 PM
I think you're barking up the wrong tree, sport.

I'm a glutton for punishment.

Rain Man
06-19-2012, 12:41 PM

I don't know. I'm stumped.

KCUnited
06-19-2012, 12:45 PM
Wonder what he willow in restitution?

Dragonocho
06-19-2012, 01:03 PM
Wonder what he willow in restitution?

he's deciduously at a disadvantage

bowener
06-19-2012, 01:09 PM
I fir-got my good pun.

Predarat
06-19-2012, 01:38 PM
He could share a cell with PacMan Jones. The jail provides the football, Leaf throws, Pac intercepts. Just like the NFL career of Leaf.

Dartgod
06-19-2012, 02:09 PM

It does seem to be a poplar pastime here.

ZepSinger
06-19-2012, 02:20 PM
It does seem to be a poplar pastime here.

Some of these puns sound a little forest.

Flachief58
06-19-2012, 02:37 PM
This is a mans life we're talking about here, he had the world in the palm of his hand and lost it all, It's nothing to be oaking bout

Bwana
06-19-2012, 07:33 PM
http://billingsgazette.com/news/state-and-regional/montana/ryan-leaf-sentenced-to-treatment-for-drugs/article_c10384ec-fcdd-5876-a46a-15ae48b500f4.html

Phobia
06-19-2012, 08:29 PM
He had a brain tumor? Did they cut it out? This might explain everything...