PDA

View Full Version : MU MU IOWA?

O.city
03-31-2012, 08:52 PM
Bob Fescoe ‏ @bobfescoe Reply Retweet Favorite Open
An Iowa official just told me he wished mu never backed out of the football series and that Iowa would have loved to play em at arrowhead

What would you MU fans think of this?

EDIT: Not what you think about the speak, what about playing IOWA? Interested?

tredadda
03-31-2012, 08:53 PM
That would be BS if it is true

KcMizzou
03-31-2012, 08:57 PM
Bob Fescoe.

That's what I think.

gblowfish
03-31-2012, 08:58 PM
Fescoe is a giant Beaker Tool.

KcMizzou
03-31-2012, 09:10 PM
EDIT: Not what you think about the speak, what about playing IOWA? Interested?Sure, that'd be fun.

O.city
03-31-2012, 09:11 PM
IMO, I would rather them play Nebraska at Arrowhead.

But I'm not a huge Tiger football fan.

-King-
03-31-2012, 09:24 PM
Iowa does not generate that much interest in the KC area. Have no idea why the game would be played in Arrowhead.

pkane
03-31-2012, 09:30 PM
I never knew MU and Iowa were in talks for a series. I don't think much of it especially considering the source.

whoman69
03-31-2012, 09:50 PM
I never knew MU and Iowa were in talks for a series. I don't think much of it especially considering the source.

http://www.columbiamissourian.com/stories/2010/12/26/missouri-iowa-rivalry-torn-apart-bigotry/

Skip to the end.

Forced to play without their starting tackle, enduring vicious heckling and dirty play, Hawley declared Iowa would never play Missouri again. Iowa canceled the 1911 game between the schools soon after.

They have not played since, though the schools did agree to play a four-game series in 1994. The series was to be played between 2005 and 2008, but in January 2004, Missouri voided the first two years of the series. Iowa then proceeded to cancel the final two games.

On Tuesday, Missouri will play Iowa for the first time since the 1910 game, bringing a once ugly rivalry into the 21st century.

Hoover
03-31-2012, 09:54 PM
Iowa travels better than most.

Frazod
04-01-2012, 12:55 AM
I assume that cocksucker Gabbert won't be there to give the game away with a horrible last minute interception, so such, why not?

BWillie
04-01-2012, 01:14 AM
Iowa does not generate that much interest in the KC area. Have no idea why the game would be played in Arrowhead.

You ever been to one of the "Other Place" bars on a college football Saturday? I think you would think differently then.

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-01-2012, 01:31 AM
This game should happen. It will obviously have national title implications. Except for the two teams playing that is.

|Zach|
04-01-2012, 01:34 AM
This game should happen. It will obviously have national title implications. Except for the two teams playing that is.

Hey you just won a final four game what to you do? Post drunk on Chiefs Planet and troll a Missouri football thread.

Lets have another sad moment of silence for Beer Me before he takes another break.

Al Bundy
04-01-2012, 02:18 AM
Hey you just won a final four game what to you do? Post drunk on Chiefs Planet and troll a Missouri football thread.

Lets have another sad moment of silence for Beer Me before he takes another break.

Correction... the KU fans posting on this board had nothing to do with the team they root for winning anything.

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-01-2012, 03:46 AM

You're an unbelivable idiot. It's staggaring.

|Zach|
04-01-2012, 04:09 AM
You're an unbelivable idiot. It's staggaring.

Says the guy trying to troll the thread.

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-01-2012, 04:19 AM
Says the guy trying to troll the thread.

ROFL

OMG zach... I'm so sorry I had an opinion on something posted on CP. When either MU or Iowa is in the mix for the BCS championship let me know so I can see the light that this game would mean something.

I'm concerned about you zach. You seem really unhappy for a while now.

|Zach|
04-01-2012, 05:11 AM
ROFL

OMG zach... I'm so sorry I had an opinion on something posted on CP. When either MU or Iowa is in the mix for the BCS championship let me know so I can see the light that this game would mean something.

I'm concerned about you zach. You seem really unhappy for a while now.

Is that the only way a football game could mean something?

Are you actually trying to back up your useless jab as an opinion that had value as if it wasn't trolling?

Dude. You are much better fawning over females on CP that need attention than getting mixed up in all this sports stuff. Stick to what you are good at.

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-01-2012, 05:19 AM
Is that the only way a football game could mean something?

Are you actually trying to back up your useless jab as an opinion that had value as if it wasn't trolling?

Dude. You are much better fawning over females on CP that need attention than getting mixed up in all this sports stuff. Stick to what you are good at.

Well it's a good barometer of what could mean something and what wouldn't. Being a Mizz fan I'm sure it means a lot to you though.

My "useless" opinion is worth at least as much as your constant butthurt so I'm fine with sharing it.

If you really think all I do is fawn over Lumpy PLEASE feel free to ask her. I'm pretty confident I'll come out ok.

Moron.

|Zach|
04-01-2012, 05:27 AM
Well it's a good barometer of what could mean something and what wouldn't. Being a Mizz fan I'm sure it means a lot to you though.

These are two big time football programs that may or may not play. But it really has nothing to do with the teams. We can just admit you wanted to get in a cheap jab and reached with a silly comment.

Has not a single Royals game for the past 10 years not meant anything?

My "useless" opinion is worth at least as much as your constant butthurt so I'm fine with sharing it.

If you really think all I do is fawn over Lumpy PLEASE feel free to ask her. I'm pretty confident I'll come out ok.

Moron.

I didn't name any names. Kind of funny you picked up on what I was talking about though. It is ok dude...we know your situation.

phisherman
04-01-2012, 07:48 AM
ewwww, sick burn. don't feed the trolls.

duncan_idaho
04-01-2012, 08:16 AM
My neighbor is pretty good friends with a guy in the Chiefs scheduling office. From what he told me a few weeks ago, I think Fescoe actually might have something here.

This guy has been working pretty hard to get something scheduled for Mizzou at Arrowhead and said Iowa looked most likely. Also mentioned that all the assistants in Sheahon Zenger's office know him by name ...

Stewie
04-01-2012, 08:25 AM
You ever been to one of the "Other Place" bars on a college football Saturday? I think you would think differently then.

Yep. We have three Hawkeyes that work in our engineering group (Lenexa). The Other Place is definitely Hawkeye home.

jspchief
04-01-2012, 09:18 AM
Why would the Hawkeyes agree to it? So MU can bail again if it looks like Iowa will win?

Fuck that. Stick to teams that don't tuck tail.

|Zach|
04-01-2012, 05:49 PM
Has not a single Royals game for the past 10 years not meant anything?

Well?

Brock
04-01-2012, 06:42 PM
Well?

Makes no sense.

Austin Ed
04-03-2012, 12:41 PM
I didn't attend MU and now live in Texas. I therefore don't have a dog in the fight. However, i am good with anything that would benefit KCMO, my hometown. Mizzou playing the following teams at Arrowhead would be both interesting and good for KCMO: Nebraska, Iowa, Iowa State, Arkansas, or K State. Good football programs. Geographic proximity to Arrowhead. Good fan bases. Interesting inter-conference scheduling for all but Arkansas. Not KU. (They might even be able to fill the stadium with fans from both teams attending.)

vailpass
04-03-2012, 12:42 PM

Iowa is a bowl-favorite because they are one of the top travel schools. If they could arrange to have KC warm and sunny during the week of the game that would surely help.

htismaqe
04-03-2012, 01:23 PM
Why would the Hawkeyes agree to it? So MU can bail again if it looks like Iowa will win?

**** that. Stick to teams that don't tuck tail.

This FTW.

Simplicity
04-03-2012, 01:33 PM
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/789381/6092714_-_LAS_-_INSIGHT_BOWL_IOWA_MISSOURI_-_12_28_2010_-_23.14.131_medium.jpg

Oh and Beer Me... Since when did Kansas mean ANYTHING in College Football? Never? Oh... Okay.

mnchiefsguy
04-03-2012, 01:33 PM
Iowa's fans travel very well, I think an MU/Iowa football game would sell a lot of tickets. Hold the game in September, and you could have a fantastic fall day of football. It would be a win/win for both programs.

Pitt Gorilla
04-03-2012, 01:35 PM
Iowa doesn't appeal to me at all.

Simplicity
04-03-2012, 01:36 PM
Mizzou doesn't appeal to me at all...

OmahaChief
04-03-2012, 01:36 PM
I was disgusted that Mizzou pussed out of that Iowa Series along with the Miami Series they were talking about at one time. i understood the logic but I don't agree with it. I would love to play Iowa sometime.

Simplicity
04-03-2012, 01:37 PM
I was disgusted that Mizzou pussed out of that Iowa Series along with the Miami Series they were talking about at one time. i understood the logic but I don't agree with it. I would love to play Iowa sometime.

Mizzou is still too scared.

Saul Good
04-03-2012, 01:41 PM

Yeah, Mizzou joined a conference that has dominated the basketball championships over the last several years and won 37 football titles in the past 26 years, but Iowa is just too scary.

Simplicity
04-03-2012, 01:43 PM
Yeah, Mizzou joined a conference that has dominated the basketball championships over the last several years and won 37 football titles in the past 26 years, but Iowa is just too scary.

Well then why do they keep on canceling our series? Hmmm? Iowa is not the one backing away all these times but Mizzou is... So yes... Iowa is too scary.

OmahaChief

I don't think they are scared. The logic of playing any decent team OOC is just not there for any team. It really provided little benefit unless it is a neutral site game with addtional revenue above and beyond a regular home game.

Looking at the Iowa schedule for the last few years it does not look like you guys have attemped to scheudle anyone in the non con that was a tough matchup. Arizona and Pitt were your two best non con games from 2009 to 2012.

Pitt Gorilla
Yeah, Mizzou joined a conference that has dominated the basketball championships over the last several years and won 37 football titles in the past 26 years, but Iowa is just too scary.Given the role that Pinkel played in the move to the SEC, you can tell how scared he really is.

Pitt Gorilla
04-03-2012, 01:45 PM
Well then why do they keep on canceling our series? Hmmm? Iowa is not the one backing away all these times but Mizzou is... So yes... Iowa is too scary.Mizzou gains nothing by playing Iowa.

Simplicity
04-03-2012, 01:50 PM
Mizzou gains nothing by playing Iowa.

What is Mizzou expecting to gain?! MIZZOU isn't some kind of ELITE football program. Mizzou are NOT contenders. So what does it matter?

****ing moron.

Saul Good
04-03-2012, 01:54 PM
What is Mizzou expecting to gain?! MIZZOU isn't some kind of ELITE football program. Mizzou are NOT contenders. So what does it matter?

****ing moron.

Maybe Iowa can figure out how to beat the Cyclones first. IIRC, Mizzou canceled 2 games, and Iowa canceled 2 games.

Extra Point
04-03-2012, 01:54 PM
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/789381/6092714_-_LAS_-_INSIGHT_BOWL_IOWA_MISSOURI_-_12_28_2010_-_23.14.131_medium.jpg

Oh and Beer Me... Since when did Kansas mean ANYTHING in College Football? Never? Oh... Okay.

Orange you glad you particiapated in this thread?

Bambi
04-03-2012, 02:18 PM

Looks like you guys are playing really hard in that scrimmage.

Trevo_410
04-03-2012, 02:23 PM
ALL of our home games should be played at CoMo.

Unless you have an alternating football game/b-ball tournament between both Kansas City and St. Louis, I don't know any reason why we should have an annual game here without playing our former biggest rival kansas. Now that they're pussing out, you can't continue having a game there without paying atleast some attention to football/bball on the other side of the state.

Say one year you have a big football game with Iowa State/Nebraska/ K-State etc. Then when basketball comes you hold this annual bball tournament in St. Louis.

The next year you have your football game at St. Louis, with your BBall tournament in KC.

Frazod
04-03-2012, 02:56 PM

****ing moron.

Nice grammaticals, Iowanatard.

htismaqe
04-03-2012, 02:59 PM
Maybe Iowa can figure out how to beat the Cyclones first. IIRC, Mizzou canceled 2 games, and Iowa canceled 2 games.

Iowa cancelled the final 2 games because of Mizzou...they were left playing UNI because Mizzou cancelled so lated nobody else was available...

RustShack
04-03-2012, 03:50 PM
I remember reading about this a year or two ago that they were in talks and Mizzou backed out on them.

Iowanian
04-03-2012, 04:00 PM
Mizzou gains nothing by playing Iowa.

well, there is the additional "L" in their record.

Exoter175
04-03-2012, 04:07 PM

Having worked at a sports retail store, I can tell you that is very untrue. Outside of KU, KSU, and MU, Iowa is probably the BIGGEST fan base in the KC metro for college teams. At least from my personal experience dealing with a lot of fans. Also partially because my entire family lives in the KC Metro and are all Hawkeyes fans.

Simplicity
04-03-2012, 06:12 PM

1st game we lost to them in like 4 or 5 years? But what does it matter? Mizzou is so ****ing good. They are for sure contenders for the BCS Nat'l Champ. Mizzou is so ****ing good. They are really good. Way to good for Iowa. WAY to good.

Moron.

Pitt Gorilla
04-03-2012, 07:05 PM
1st game we lost to them in like 4 or 5 years? But what does it matter? Mizzou is so ****ing good. They are for sure contenders for the BCS Nat'l Champ. Mizzou is so ****ing good. They are really good. Way to good for Iowa. WAY to good.

Moron.Mizzou will be competing in the best college football conference in the country. We will have plenty of high-profile games. Playing a team like Iowa would do nothing to change that.

jspchief
04-03-2012, 07:11 PM

Yeah, MU pussed out for the two games where they could predict Iowa's talent level. Why would Iowa agree to keep the second half of a contract that had already been broken?

As for the quality of team Iowa replaced MU with, teams schedule non conference games YEARS in advance. It's not like they had much choice besides some dump school desperate for a payday.

Spin it all you want, MU backed out because Iowa was going to beat their ass.