PDA

View Full Version : AFC Team Needs

The Poz
04-11-2012, 02:01 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/40305/59/afc-team-needs?pg=1

Goes through each AFC team. Here's the important one:

Kansas City Chiefs

Defensive line: The Chiefs’ starting nose tackle would be 2011 sixth-round pick Jerrell Powe if the season began today, and 2009 first-rounder Tyson Jackson is entering a make-or-break year with an unwieldy $14.72 million salary due in 2013. Kansas City will address D-Line early in the draft.

Inside linebacker: The Chiefs don't have a weakness at inside 'backer, per se, but it's a position at which they can afford to improve. Kansas City could use a "Ted" linebacker willing to and capable of blowing up opposing lead blocks. Dont'a Hightower of Alabama could be a fit in round two.

Quarterback: Kansas City won't verbally admit it, but the organization's offseason actions suggest it isn't sold on Matt Cassel. Owner Clark Hunt pleaded for a run at Peyton Manning, and coach Romeo Crennel has questioned Cassel's "consistency." The Chiefs are a sleeper team to trade up for Texas A&M's Ryan Tannehill after recently working him out in College Station.

suds79
04-11-2012, 02:25 PM
I'm at the point where I'm ready to roll with Powe as our starting NT with Ta'amu backing (and/or rotating) him up.

IMO that's about our only bet. Can't roll the dice on Poe with a little as he showed in College.

Detoxing
04-11-2012, 02:27 PM
Amon Gordon is a big, big man. I'm curious to see what he do as a starter.

buddha
04-13-2012, 03:45 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/40305/59/afc-team-needs?pg=1

Kansas City Chiefs

Quarterback: Kansas City won't verbally admit it, but the organization's offseason actions suggest it isn't sold on Matt Cassel. Owner Clark Hunt pleaded for a run at Peyton Manning, and coach Romeo Crennel has questioned Cassel's "consistency." The Chiefs are a sleeper team to trade up for Texas A&M's Ryan Tannehill after recently working him out in College Station.

Yeah, I'm totally picturing Clark PLEADING with Pioli to go spend millions of his dollars on bionic Manning. That doesn't even make sense. WTF?

Our QB of the future is probably waiting for us in next year's draft.

Chocolate Hog
04-13-2012, 03:55 PM
Team needs: A playoff win.

beach tribe
04-14-2012, 12:57 AM
Powe is one of the players I'm most interested in finding out what becomes of them. LOVED the pick. I watched a lot of him in college, and strongly coveted him before the draft. Still shocked we got Houston, and Powe so late. If he does pan out Pioli just murdered that draft.
I was screaming for Powe in the 4th. Pioli PWNED me.

beach tribe
04-14-2012, 12:58 AM
Team needs: A playoff win.

Truthiness x 10
I'm gonna lose my shit when it happens.

whoman69
04-14-2012, 08:29 PM
Truthiness x 10
I'm gonna lose my shit when it happens.

I think your shit is safe for now.