PDA

View Full Version : Bo's Pelini Mock Draft

Titty Meat
04-11-2012, 06:17 PM
This is assuming in all likely hood that Trent Richardson and Ryan Tannehill are drafted before the 11th pick.

Round 1: David Decastro Guard Stanford: One of the best prospects in the draft a guy who could be a 10 time pro bowler. This pick makes the Chiefs one of the best offensive lines in the NFL and gives Matt Cassel even more of a security blanket.

Round 2: Alameda Ta'Amu Nose Tackle Washington: Finally address the nose tackle position with a guy who could be a day 1 starter.

Round 3: Jared Crick Nebraska Defensive End: Crick will be an excellent D-end in the 3-4 Defense. Likely would have been a late first round pick had he entered the draft last year. He put up Suh like numbers the year after Suh left. Chiefs will need to draft a d-end because it's unlikely that they re-sign both Dorsey and Jackson.

Round 4: Nigel Bradham Inside Linebacker Florida State: There is no depth at inside linebacker. The guy is a thumper and good special teams player. Could challenge Jevon Belcher.

Round 5: Tony Dye Safety UCLA: Another depth pick. Chiefs only have 2 safeties worth a shit.

Round 6: Tauren Poole RB Tennessee: Solid 3rd string RB.

Round 7: Yoshi Hardrick OT Nebraska: Great size and played both tackle positions at Nebraska. Inconsistent and injured.

RealSNR
04-11-2012, 06:19 PM
Jared Crick is listed at 280. Allen Bailey is 290.

Yet people say Bailey lacks the size to play DE in the 3-4? :spock:

BTW, this is a fantastic draft provided we aren't able to find a trade down partner.

ChiefaRoo
04-11-2012, 06:27 PM
Post your bicep

aturnis
04-11-2012, 07:13 PM
Post your bicep

ROFL

milkman
04-11-2012, 07:25 PM
Other Ta'amu, I hate this mock.

AustinChief
04-11-2012, 07:27 PM
IF the Chiefs are 100% certain that Hudson will transition smoothly to Center then I am ok with this.. otherwise I would take Kuechly in the 1st and Molk in the 4th.

whoman69
04-11-2012, 07:28 PM
Like the first two picks. Homer pick in round 3 especially since he was seriously hurt at the end of the year. I'd like to see a TE pick in there instead. Another homer pick in round 7. Hardrick took advantage of lesser competition. But with a round 7 pick its a crap shoot anyway.

Saul Good
04-11-2012, 07:28 PM

In this day and age, the only place to find a solid Guard is at the top of the draft.

beach tribe
04-11-2012, 08:53 PM
Jared Crick is listed at 280. Allen Bailey is 290.

Yet people say Bailey lacks the size to play DE in the 3-4? :spock:

BTW, this is a fantastic draft provided we aren't able to find a trade down partner.

People who don't believe Bailey can be a full time DE, and excel at it are just plain wrong.

beach tribe
04-11-2012, 08:56 PM
I believe Decastro will be damn good, but I just can't buy into drafting a G there.

No way no how. Just not smart at all IMO. We should not be letting Cassel dictate who we pick. If he can't perform without an all-pro line, then he should, and I believe will be replaced anyway.

Titty Meat
04-11-2012, 10:41 PM

Explain.

In this day and age, the only place to find a solid Guard is at the top of the draft.

Yeah too bad DeCastro is more than just a solid guard.

Titty Meat
04-11-2012, 10:42 PM
I believe Decastro will be damn good, but I just can't buy into drafting a G there.

No way no how. Just not smart at all IMO. We should not be letting Cassel dictate who we pick. If he can't perform without an all-pro line, then he should, and I believe will be replaced anyway.

Cassel or not DeCastro is one of the few sure fire picks.

Titty Meat
04-11-2012, 10:47 PM
Like the first two picks. Homer pick in round 3 especially since he was seriously hurt at the end of the year. I'd like to see a TE pick in there instead. Another homer pick in round 7. Hardrick took advantage of lesser competition. But with a round 7 pick its a crap shoot anyway.

The 3rd pick isn't a homer pick and he was hurt at the beginning of the year look at his production the previous 3 years.

Lesser competition? JFC he played in the Big 12/Big 10.

Dmello12
04-11-2012, 11:26 PM
best mock i've seen on here

Nightfyre
04-11-2012, 11:40 PM
I would be thoroughly underwhelmed with this mock.

Micjones
04-12-2012, 06:29 AM
Solid mock. Love the first two rounds.

Frosty
04-12-2012, 06:33 AM
What happened to the Chiefs' other 7th round pick?

Titty Meat
04-12-2012, 10:18 AM
What happened to the Chiefs' other 7th round pick?

241 is Ryan Tandy dunno what that wasn't posted

buddha
04-12-2012, 11:40 AM
I like this mock a lot. Lots of help up front on both sides. That's where games are won and lost.

whoman69
04-12-2012, 02:40 PM
The 3rd pick isn't a homer pick and he was hurt at the beginning of the year look at his production the previous 3 years.

Lesser competition? JFC he played in the Big 12/Big 10.

What that means is he did very well against the lesser teams and had mixed results against the big boys.

DJ's left nut
04-12-2012, 03:20 PM
Gimme Brandon Taylor in rd. 3 instead and I'd be pretty pleased with that mock. I'd use that 5th rounder on a WR at that point since I already drafted the SS in the 3rd (maybe Adams or Childs).

And Kendricks could possibly be there in the 4th, I'd go with him over Bradhem.

Solid draft - I'd be fine happy with it.

Titty Meat
04-12-2012, 03:55 PM
Gimme Brandon Taylor in rd. 3 instead and I'd be pretty pleased with that mock. I'd use that 5th rounder on a WR at that point since I already drafted the SS in the 3rd (maybe Adams or Childs).

And Kendricks could possibly be there in the 4th, I'd go with him over Bradhem.

Solid draft - I'd be fine happy with it.

I thought about maybe Hilton in the 5th though not sure he would be there or how could a 175 pound guy would be on special teams. I'd imagine thats what our #4 will have to do.

tyton75
04-13-2012, 02:05 PM

if he is what he is what everyone is saying he will be, its basically like drafting Will Shields again.

And the way Will played for this team would be well worth a 1st rounder

milkman
04-14-2012, 09:22 AM
Explain.

Ta'amu or Chapman in the third are picks I can get behind, but my feelings about DeCastro at #11 overall are laid out all over this forum.

I actually could get behind the Crick selection, but the rest of the draft is just "meh", and with DeCastro as the #11 pick, it makes the rest just blow.

And I loved what Will Shields did for the Chiefs, but no way in hell, even as a fan, would I select Shields #11.

Titty Meat
04-14-2012, 04:35 PM
Ta'amu or Chapman in the third are picks I can get behind, but my feelings about DeCastro at #11 overall are laid out all over this forum.

I actually could get behind the Crick selection, but the rest of the draft is just "meh", and with DeCastro as the #11 pick, it makes the rest just blow.

And I loved what Will Shields did for the Chiefs, but no way in hell, even as a fan, would I select Shields #11.

Who would you take at 11 then? Brockers has a lot of upside but he very well could suck, Kuelchy meh, Melvin Ingram could be a nice player but might not be there at 11, Perry could be a good player but that'd be a bit of a reach. Floyd will be a good WR but we really don't need another WR.

I get what you're saying but the more you look at it the DeCastro isn't that bad of a pick. Also keep in mind guys like Munoz & Munchek were drafted in the top 5 DeCastro could possibly be that good.

O.city
04-14-2012, 04:38 PM
I've come around to Decastro at 11, but I'd be alot more inclined if Hudson was a pure guard.

If he can make the transition and be as good at C as he was at G, then we are set up front for 6 or 7 years, potentially.

milkman
04-14-2012, 05:09 PM
Who would you take at 11 then? Brockers has a lot of upside but he very well could suck, Kuelchy meh, Melvin Ingram could be a nice player but might not be there at 11, Perry could be a good player but that'd be a bit of a reach. Floyd will be a good WR but we really don't need another WR.

I get what you're saying but the more you look at it the DeCastro isn't that bad of a pick. Also keep in mind guys like Munoz & Munchek were drafted in the top 5 DeCastro could possibly be that good.

I've stated numerous times all over this forum, Ingram, Barron, or Kirkpatrick.

AustinChief
04-14-2012, 05:10 PM

I don't get why people are in love with Chapman. At 310 he isn't exactly a prototype 2-gap NT. Combine the poor fit with his bad knees and he doesn't warrant a 3rd round pick in my book.

O.city
04-14-2012, 05:12 PM
Chapman is strong.

IIRC, he played the exact position at Bama that he would play here.

AustinChief
04-14-2012, 05:20 PM
Chapman is strong.

IIRC, he played the exact position at Bama that he would play here.

Huge difference between playing a 2 gap in college and the pros. Strong? 29 reps on the bench doesn't equate to strong in my book.... was that even in the top 15 of DTs at the combine? He may have great lower body strength, but with crap knees, who cares.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be ok with him in the 4th... and ecstatic to get him in the 5th... but our 3rd is too soon.

milkman
04-14-2012, 05:22 PM
I don't get why people are in love with Chapman. At 310 he isn't exactly a prototype 2-gap NT. Combine the poor fit with his bad knees and he doesn't warrant a 3rd round pick in my book.

What I remember from Chapman's junior year is that he has a strong lower base, and plays with outstanding leverage.

I also saw Crennel adapt his scheme to utilize Houston's talent as a pass rusher in the latter stages of the season last year, so I would expect that he would adapt to Chapman's talent.

milkman
04-14-2012, 05:24 PM
Huge difference between playing a 2 gap in college and the pros. Strong? 29 reps on the bench doesn't equate to strong in my book.... was that even in the top 15 of DTs at the combine? He may have great lower body strength, but with crap knees, who cares.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be ok with him in the 4th... and ecstatic to get him in the 5th... but our 3rd is too soon.

One thing I know from my own knee reconstruction is that you get that lower strength back in rehab.

It may affect Jamaal Charles' ability to make cuts, though I think there's a small chance of that, but Chapman will come out of rehab as strong, if not stronger in the legs.

O.city
04-14-2012, 05:28 PM
Let me preface this by saying I don't really care for the Combine. I think it alone makes workout warriors fly up the board and good football players sometimes drop.

I think Chapman wiould be pretty solid at what we would ask him to do. Go watch his highlights, he does a great job at the POA.

Titty Meat
04-14-2012, 06:07 PM
I've stated numerous times all over this forum, Ingram, Barron, or Kirkpatrick.

I think Kirkpatrick is Kareem Jackson II and you can get better safeties than Barron in other rounds.

whoman69
04-14-2012, 07:25 PM
Let me preface this by saying I don't really care for the Combine. I think it alone makes workout warriors fly up the board and good football players sometimes drop.

I think Chapman wiould be pretty solid at what we would ask him to do. Go watch his highlights, he does a great job at the POA.

I think the combine should nudge your picks a bit. If a person is more or less athletic than previously thought, go back to the tape and see if they play with athleticism. I really think the dog and pony shows are the draft days. The best things that come out of either are the interviews. Unfortunately they're being coached on the interviews now by the agents.