PDA

View Full Version : If Tannehill goes #3

saphojunkie
04-12-2012, 12:17 PM
Assuming anyone wanting to draft Tannehill is going to have to trade ahead of Cleveland (regardless of whether they would take him at #4, the perception is there, and all it takes is one QB needy team to suspect Cleveland would pull the trigger), then I say KC is out of the running.

That would mean that Minnesota isn't in position to take Kalil.

This is how I see it playing out from there:

1. Luck
2. RG3
3. Tannehill
4. Browns - Richardson
5. Bucs - Claiborne
6. Rams - Blackmon
7. Jags- needs pass rusher or RT
8. Vikings - praying Kalil falls to them here.

This puts a tremendous amount of pressure on the 7 spot for Kalil. Any number of teams could trade up with Jacksonville to get ahead of the Vikings. I'd love to see KC trade up and get Kalil here, then move Albert to guard. We instantly upgrade three positions: LT (kalil), LG (albert), RG (asamoah), and possibly center by putting Hudson there. Add winston, and its the best offensive line in football. It ain't close

If seattle trades up:

1. Luck
2. RG3
3. Tannehill
4. Browns - Richardson
5. Bucs - Claiborne
6. Rams - Blackmon
7. Jags - Ingram?
8. Dolphins - brockers?
9. Panthers - Cox?
10. Bills - Kalil
11. Chiefs -
12. Minnesota -

In this scenario, Minnesota has given up on Kalil and hoping for Reiff, Martin, or Decastro at 12. The Bills become the focal point of Kalil, and anyone wanting to trade for him needs to look at 9 or higher. Let's say the Kalil fall continues past the jags. The dolphins definitely won't take him, so a Miami trade seems possible. If it doesn't happen, then Kalil falls to the Bills.

At this point, we would see Reiff fall to us, which is another possibility for replacing Albert.

If Cleveland takes Tannehill, then that puts Richardson in play at #8 to Miami. Other than that, a Tannehill trade up at the #3 pick creates a Kalil frenzy that I personally think we should be in on.

I think Pioli likes to address offense with proven vets in free agency, but he knows that defense is all about athleticism. And athletes go early in the draft. I think we are going defense in the first round, but if Kalil becomes available past #3, then frankly we should be thinking outside our normal box and making a move for him.

If Cassel is our guy for another year, then we need to give him a shit load of time.

the Talking Can
04-12-2012, 12:19 PM
Albert to guard

fml

buddha
04-12-2012, 12:21 PM
I'd be thrilled to get Kalil. No problems there at all. Kalil has multi-year Pro Bowler written all over him.

Tribal Warfare
04-12-2012, 01:42 PM
Albert to guard

fml

or just bye bye Albert after this contract year

Pestilence
04-12-2012, 01:49 PM
I stopped reading at "Albert to guard".

Detoxing
04-12-2012, 01:53 PM
I stopped reading at "Albert to guard".

lol.

Every year. Never fails.

Pestilence
04-12-2012, 01:58 PM
Oh...and if Tannehill goes to Cleveland at #4.....Richardson does not fall to Miami at #8.

TRENT RICHARDSON IS NOT LASTING PAST #5.

RUSH
04-12-2012, 02:08 PM
I can't see the rams passing on Kalil either if it played out like that.

SNR
04-12-2012, 02:16 PM
I will leave the board for a year if this trade happens and Kalil isn't drafted by the Bucs (assuming nobody trades up to Cleveland's spot to take Kalil).

In the unlikely event Tampa DOES pass on Kalil and I leave the board for a year, I will chop off my own dick and eat it if St. Louis passes on Kalil.

Also, much like making Hitler comparisons, as soon as you bring up moving Albert to guard, you've lost.

Pestilence
04-12-2012, 02:20 PM
I still think the top 8 falls like this.

1. Luck
2. Griffin III
3. Kalil
4. Richardson
5. Claiborne
6. Blackmon
7. Trade (no idea what team) for Tannehill
8. Ingram

Saul Good
04-12-2012, 02:30 PM
Albert's agent just tweeted that Albert would love to be moved to Guard right before free agency hits so that he can get a much smaller contract.

Setsuna
04-12-2012, 03:13 PM
If Gene Smith drafts another OL in the first round he will be burned at the stake and ran out of town.

saphojunkie
04-12-2012, 03:48 PM
I will leave the board for a year if this trade happens and Kalil isn't drafted by the Bucs (assuming nobody trades up to Cleveland's spot to take Kalil).

In the unlikely event Tampa DOES pass on Kalil and I leave the board for a year, I will chop off my own dick and eat it if St. Louis passes on Kalil.

Also, much like making Hitler comparisons, as soon as you bring up moving Albert to guard, you've lost.

Dude, Tampa Bay signed their left tackle, Donald Penn, to a 6 year, 41 million dollar extension two years ago.

The Rams drafted Jason Smith in the first round two years ago.

It is entirely plausible both would pass on a left tackle. Don't be so dramatic.

saphojunkie
04-12-2012, 03:51 PM
Albert's agent just tweeted that Albert would love to be moved to Guard right before free agency hits so that he can get a much smaller contract.

Who gives a hot shit what his agent thinks? If anything, it's the right move as insurance against overpaying for Albert on his next contract.

SNR
04-12-2012, 03:54 PM
Dude, Tampa Bay signed their left tackle, Donald Penn, to a 6 year, 41 million dollar extension two years ago.

The Rams drafted Jason Smith in the first round two years ago.

It is entirely plausible both would pass on a left tackle. Don't be so dramatic.Tampa should move Donald Penn to guard so they can upgrade two positions with one pick.

Wonder why they don't?

Bewbies
04-12-2012, 04:28 PM
Who gives a hot shit what his agent thinks? If anything, it's the right move as insurance against overpaying for Albert on his next contract.

I agree. Albert would totally be elite at guard, put him and DeCastro at LG and we would never lose again.

saphojunkie
04-12-2012, 07:17 PM
Tampa should move Donald Penn to guard so they can upgrade two positions with one pick.

Wonder why they don't?

Your logic is fail.

tredadda
04-12-2012, 07:45 PM
lol.

Every year. Never fails.

It would not be a proper Chiefs offseason without talk of drafting a LT in Round 1 and moving Albert to Guard.

Von Dumbass
04-12-2012, 08:55 PM
Don't the Rams desperately need a LT after Jason Smith failed to make the transition to LT? If Kalil falls to the Rams I guarantee they take him. They got a shit ton of picks to spend on a WR the next couple years.

SNR
04-12-2012, 09:18 PM
Your logic is fail.
Albert has started for this team at left tackle for four fucking years now. The franchise never made even a slight attempt to put young depth behind him to either push him to do better or move him over to guard. It's pretty clear they think he's a LT.

It's pretty clear that the Chiefs drafted Albert to play tackle since they traded back up into the top 15 to grab him before other teams did. It's evident that NFL scouts said he would play tackle when he first entered the league.

You can even look at recruitment at Virginia to know that he was recruited to play tackle and not guard. That was his high school position, and it was his position as a freshman.

So Albert grew up playing tackle, and has played 100% of his snaps as a professional at the position.

So WHY the fuck do you think it's a good idea to move him over to fucking guard? Just because he played that position out of fucking necessity in college?

Albert is just as legitimate of a LT as Donald fucking Penn is. So tell me why my logic sucks.

BigMeatballDave
04-12-2012, 10:08 PM
If Tannehill goes #3, someone needs their head examined.

BigMeatballDave
04-12-2012, 10:13 PM
At this point, we would see Reiff fall to us, which is another possibility for replacing Albert.

:facepalm:

ChiefGator
04-13-2012, 07:05 AM
move Albert to guard.

Stopped reading here.

EDIT: I guess I'm not the only one who is tired of hearing that...