PDA

View Full Version : Post your top 5

kcbubb
04-13-2012, 06:15 PM
The top 6 players in this draft by most analysts should easily go before the Chiefs pick at 11. With that assumption, we know that if we choose our five top players then one of those players should be available at 11. List your top five players that you would choose after those 6 players are gone.

Here are the top 6:
1. Andrew Luck QB Stanford
2. Robert Griffin III QB Baylor
3. Matt Kalil OT USC
4. Morris Claiborne CB LSU
5. Trent Richardson RB Alabama
6. Justin Blackmon WR Okla. State

Here are my top 5 choices after those 6:

1. Melvin Ingram DE S. Carolina
Ingram might be available if Floyd, Cox and Tannehill go in the top 10.

2. Michael Floyd WR Notre Dame
After this pick, I would immediately put Bowe on the trade market and try to get two #1's for him or a package of picks for him. I think Cleveland would be a great spot for Bowe if they take Richardson with the #4 pick (which they should because they don't have a RB).

3. Michael Brockers DT LSU (Better fit than Cox at the 5-tech)
4. Fletcher Cox DT Miss. State
5. Stephon Gilmore CB S. Carolina
I would prefer to trade down instead of take this pick, hopefully someone would trade up for Tannehill. If forced to take the pick, I think Gilmore has all the tools to be a great CB.

Fat Elvis
04-13-2012, 08:06 PM
DeCastro
Keuchly
Barron
Brockers
Ingram

Nightfyre
04-13-2012, 09:34 PM
1. Trade down.
2. Tannehill
3. Brockers
4. Mercilus
5. DeCastro
6. Kuechly

aturnis
04-13-2012, 10:10 PM
1. Trade down.
2. Tannehill
3. Brockers
4. Mercilus
5. DeCastro
6. Kuechly

Wow. Tannehill? Really? Love how the pundits are finally talking about how overrated he'll be, they usually just help blow players up b/c talking about gets ratings and readers. I think McShay defended him, and Kiper tore him down. Actually compared him to JaMarcus Russell.

O.city
04-13-2012, 10:20 PM
Decastro, Mercilus, Brockers, Kuechly,

Hoover
04-13-2012, 10:46 PM
Brandon Weeden
Brandon Weeden
Brandon Weeden
Brandon Weeden
Brandon Weeden

Blick
04-13-2012, 11:03 PM
Wow. Tannehill? Really? Love how the pundits are finally talking about how overrated he'll be, they usually just help blow players up b/c talking about gets ratings and readers. I think McShay defended him, and Kiper tore him down. Actually compared him to JaMarcus Russell.

I think Kiper went too far with that.

beach tribe
04-14-2012, 12:14 AM
Tannehill
Barron
Upshaw
Marcilus
Keuchly
Brockers

Osweiler in 2nd if not Tannehill in 1st.
Foles in 3rd if neither

buddha
04-14-2012, 12:20 AM
I think Kiper went too far with that.

Kiper goes too far, far too often. Tannehill doesn't compare to Russell in any way that I can tell. Russell was lazy, dumb as hell and unwilling to work. RT seems like a good kid who is still learning the position and is a work in progress. I can promise you that RT will do much better than Russell. Easiest proposition on the board.

jspchief
04-14-2012, 08:45 AM

What's your opinion of Kiper as a player analyst?

Direckshun
04-14-2012, 09:12 AM
With these players off the board:

1. Andrew Luck QB Stanford
2. Robert Griffin III QB Baylor
3. Matt Kalil OT USC
4. Morris Claiborne CB LSU
5. Trent Richardson RB Alabama
6. Justin Blackmon WR Okla. State

Staying at #11, I would be really happy with:

1. OLB Whitney Mercilus, Illinois
2. DE Fletcher Cox, Mississippi State
3. DE Michael Brockers, LSU
4. SS Mark Barron, Alabama
5. DE Devon Still, Penn State

I'd be pretty happy with these players:

6. OG David DeCastro, Stanford
7. ILB Luke Kuechly, Boston College
8. QB Ryan Tannehill, Texas A&M
9. CB/S Dre Kirkpatrick, Alabama

I'd be less happy with these players, but I'd "get it":

10. NT/DE Dontari Poe, Memphis
11. OLB Melvin Ingram, South Carolina

Frosty
04-14-2012, 09:54 AM
Trade Down
Tannehill
Barron
Marcilus
Upshaw

Foles in 3rd if neither

This

Chief Roundup
04-14-2012, 11:10 PM
Tannehill
Barron
Upshaw
Marcilus
Keuchly
Brockers

Foles in 3rd if neither

If we don't draft a QB in the first I hope we don't draft one at all.

Saccopoo
04-15-2012, 01:10 AM
1. Michael Brockers, DT; LSU
2. Whitney Mercilus, OLB/DE; Illinois
3. Pete Konz, C; Wisconsin
4. Janoris Jenkins, CB; U of 420
5. Jon Martin, OT; Stanford

Mr. Arrowhead
04-15-2012, 11:25 AM
1. Trade Down
2. Tannehill
3. Decastro
4. Brockers
5. Kuechly

Dave Lane
04-15-2012, 11:30 AM
1. Trade Down
2. Tannehill
3. Decastro
4. Mercilus
5. Kuechly

Chief Roundup
04-15-2012, 11:51 AM
Trade up with Jax for Tannehill
Trade out of the first this year for one next year.
Trade down BPA

the Talking Can
04-15-2012, 12:01 PM
geez...this draft, there are no good answers...every selection breaks a 'rule'

my #1 hope is we trade down a few spots

assuming we can't

1. Tannehill : Continuing this offseason's theme of perversity, first I was rooting for us to sign a RT, second the best option to draft at #11 is probably another DE [fml], and third now I'm finally looking at a real chance of drafting a QB and..I..am..ambivalent...[vomits]. At some point, i believe, you simply have to draft a QB and you can't even get lucky if you don't try. With the new CBA, contracts are no longer prohibitive and drafting a QB does not tie your hands for years, we could cut him after two years with no real damage. This year is perfect for a QB, as he can sit for a year behind Cassel. Tannehill has the raw skills. Yeah, I have my doubts, but draft him. And as final note: I don't think there is a chance in hell Pioli will draft him and threaten Cassel that way, so this is all hypothetical anyways.

2. Brockers : LOLOLOLOL....another ****ing DE. But i think people are correct when they say Dorsey is gone next year. And Brockers' 'upside' as a 3-4 DE is higher than either dorsey or jackson. My reasoning for this and the next two picks is simple: given that we can't address our actual needs at QB an NT, I'm drafting for value. My definition of value here being that DE and passrushers are the most important parts of our 3-4, and the hardest to find, so even if Brockers (or an OLB) would be a bit of a luxury pick, as we have locked in starters at their positions, they're still 'gold' and you can never have enough gold. Whereas guards are tin cans and you don't waste first round picks on tin cans.

3. Mercilus : see above rationale...passrusher...can't have enough

4. Ingram : ditto

5. Barron : I would have said Jenkins prior to reading that he is an unapologetic pot head (i'd still take him in the 3rd...especially if we traded down for extra pick). The injuries worry me about Barron. But the guy is an enforcer. Moves Lewis to #3 safety where would be perfect and turns our secondary into a hard hitting machine.

I'm not really to going to freak out about anyone we take other than Poe. And if we do take DeCastro, I'll just think it is a gigantic waste. Yeah, he's a good player...but he's a ****ing guard and we already have two good young guards. Dumb. Dumb.

Nightfyre
04-15-2012, 12:18 PM
geez...this draft, there are no good answers...every selection breaks a 'rule'

my #1 hope is we trade down a few spots

assuming we can't

1. Tannehill : Continuing this offseason's theme of perversity, first I was rooting for us to sign a RT, second the best option to draft at #11 is probably another DE [fml], and third now I'm finally looking at a real chance of drafting a QB and..I..am..ambivalent...[vomits]. At some point, i believe, you simply have to draft a QB and you can't even get lucky if you don't try. With the new CBA, contracts are no longer prohibitive and drafting a QB does not tie your hands for years, we could cut him after two years with no real damage. This year is perfect for a QB, as he can sit for a year behind Cassel. Tannehill has the raw skills. Yeah, I have my doubts, but draft him. And as final note: I don't think there is a chance in hell Pioli will draft him and threaten Cassel that way, so this is all hypothetical anyways.

2. Brockers : LOLOLOLOL....another ****ing DE. But i think people are correct when they say Dorsey is gone next year. And Brockers' 'upside' as a 3-4 DE is higher than either dorsey or jackson. My reasoning for this and the next two picks is simple: given that we can't address our actual needs at QB an NT, I'm drafting for value. My definition of value here being that DE and passrushers are the most important parts of our 3-4, and the hardest to find, so even if Brockers (or an OLB) would be a bit of a luxury pick, as we have locked in starters at their positions, they're still 'gold' and you can never have enough gold. Whereas guards are tin cans and you don't waste first round picks on tin cans.

3. Mercilus : see above rationale...passrusher...can't have enough

4. Ingram : ditto

5. Barron : I would have said Jenkins prior to reading that he is an unapologetic pot head (i'd still take him in the 3rd...especially if we traded down for extra pick). The injuries worry me about Barron. But the guy is an enforcer. Moves Lewis to #3 safety where would be perfect and turns our secondary into a hard hitting machine.

I'm not really to going to freak out about anyone we take other than Poe. And if we do take DeCastro, I'll just think it is a gigantic waste. Yeah, he's a good player...but he's a ****ing guard and we already have two good young guards. Dumb. Dumb.
A well reason post. A couple differences: I have scratched Ingram off my big board entirely due to his size.

Nightfyre
04-15-2012, 12:19 PM
1. Trade down.
2. Tannehill
3. Brockers
4. Mercilus
5. DeCastro
6. Kuechly

I have reassessed my big board and come up with the following:

1. Trade Down
2. Tannehill
3. Brockers
4. Mercilus
5. Cox
6. Stephan Hill

Dmello12
04-15-2012, 02:12 PM
1. trade down
2. Decastro
3. Barron
4. Kuechly
5. Brockers
6. Mercilus

O.city
04-15-2012, 02:13 PM
Brockers
Mercilus
Kuechly
Tannehill
Decastro (depending on what they want to do with Hudson).

Blick
04-15-2012, 02:35 PM
Trade down
Tannehill
Barron
Brockers

You can fill in just about anybody in the 5th spot and I wouldn't care too much. I'm really open minded in this draft. The only thing that would probably piss me off is a WTF pick like a LT.

O.city
04-15-2012, 02:36 PM
Thats kind of where I'm at right now. Any guy you pick with that pick is gonna improve the team one way or another.

DJ's left nut
04-15-2012, 02:37 PM
1) Trade a 2nd to move up for Tannehill (won't give up more than that)
2a) Brockers
2b) DeCastro
3) Trade down to the high teens for Perry
4) Ingram
5) Mercilus

EDIT: Those top 4 are extremely fluid and will almost certainly change by tomorrow.

BossChief
04-15-2012, 04:19 PM
1) move up with a max value of a 2nd rounder and future contingent pick to draft Tannehill
2a) trade down to around 20 and take BPA
2b) Barron
3) Ingram
4) Mercilus
5) Brockers

Sorter
04-15-2012, 04:36 PM
1. Trade Out of 1st round with a shitty team you know will be bad next year (Cleveland, Minnesota, Jacksonville) for their 1st next year
2. Trade down for more picks next year and take BPA
3. Mercilus
4. Brockers
5. Barron

tredadda
04-15-2012, 06:19 PM

Mel Kiper Jr. is an idiot if he said that and I am by no means a Tannehill fan. I do think Tannehill might be good, but he is not trade up good.

saphojunkie
04-16-2012, 01:24 AM
1. Ingram - we need pass rushers and this guy has versatility and athleticism. Mercilus is a horrible reach at 11. He could fall to the end of the first round.
2. Brockers. Sucks, but another LSU defensive end might be what we need. move dorsey to nose tackle. More hybrid fronts.
3. Decastro - Ryan Lilja needs to be upgraded. We could also draft a center in the second round and keep Hudson at guard, but I put Decastro here, because I'd rather have a rock-solid offensive line than another secondary player like Barron.
4. Luke Kuechly. Dude is the complete package, but I personally don't want him, because I am holding onto a silly hope that we get Manti Te'o next year.
5. Ryan Tannehill. At pick 11. No trading up. We're the perfect team for him - veteran QB under contract for two years while he sits on the bench. Quinn and Stanzi duke it out for the third spot in camp.

Tribal Warfare
04-16-2012, 07:10 AM
1) Hightower a monster and an athlete at ILB ( Levon Kirkland)
2)Keuchly well rounded, but more of a cover LB in the mold of DJ/ or his max potential Derrick Brooks
3)Nick Perry great on the edge ( never can have enough passrushers) and could be a better SSLB in coverage than Houston
4) Decastro ( a high cost Will Shields type)
5) Konz Nick Mangold type of player

philfree
04-16-2012, 08:27 AM
1) Hightower a monster and an athlete at ILB ( Levon Kirkland)
2)Keuchly well rounded, but more of a cover LB in the mold of DJ/ or his max potential Derrick Brooks
3)Nick Perry great on the edge ( never can have enough passrushers) and could be a better SSLB in coverage than Houston
4) Decastro ( a high cost Will Shields type)5) Konz Nick Mangold type of player

I wonder how much the #11 pick's contract will be? With the new CBA could it be a place to get a starter at G for a reasonable price? I'm not arguing with your post I'm just curious.

Saccopoo
04-16-2012, 08:43 AM
Trade down
Tannehill
Barron
Brockers

You can fill in just about anybody in the 5th spot and I wouldn't care too much. I'm really open minded in this draft. The only thing that would probably piss me off is a WTF pick like a LT.

I have to tell you that picking a left tackle in this draft is a lot like picking Brockers. Albert, like Dorsey, is entering the final year of his contract and depending on how they feel about resigning him or what he wants to do in terms of the free agent market they are going to need a suitable replacement in hand.

And, unlike the defensive tackle position - where we have Bailey available should Dorsey not resign, there is no viable player currently on the roster who will be able to effectively transition to the left tackle spot. In fact, there is no real tackle on this entire roster past Albert and Winston. (Mims is, at this point, a project and doesn't even fit the zone scheme in terms of his mobility.)

Then you need to take into consideration the injury issue, i.e., if Albert or Winston get injured, there is no suitable backup on the roster.

I'm pretty sure that they will be looking at a swing tackle at some point in this draft and if Reiff or Martin is there at #11, I think that they will definitely consider either player.

Just from a realistic point of view, drafting a tackle in 2012 isn't a "WTF" type of pick. In fact, it's almost a more rational selection than drafting a OLB/edge rusher, ILB or DE when one objectively considers the state of the Chiefs roster.

Saccopoo
04-16-2012, 08:49 AM
1. Ingram - we need pass rushers and this guy has versatility and athleticism. Mercilus is a horrible reach at 11. He could fall to the end of the first round.

I don't see how Mercilus is any more of a reach than Ingram for this team.

Whitney lead the NCAA's in sacks, set/tied the NCAA record for forced fumbles and was second in tackles for loss. First team AP All-American and Hendriks Award winner.

He's longer (6'4" with 34" arms) and more athletic than Ingram, and played the hybrid DE/OLB position (hand down/up) for the Illini.

If you are drafting Ingram to be that "first player off the bench for any of the linebacker positions, whether it be OLB/ILB/MLB/OLB" then I'd agree. If you want the most prototypical 34 OLB in this draft, I'd go Mercilus easily over Ingram.

kcbubb
04-22-2012, 06:23 PM
Merc is not a physical player. I would rather take Bruce Irvin in the 3rd than merc in the 1st.

veist
04-22-2012, 06:35 PM
I saw a scout say "Mercilus scares the shit out of me" and its probably a good way to describe how I feel about him too. Just so much there to like and some things that really give me pause too. Ultimately I think he's going to be better served not being stood up though so I'm not sure I like him for us.

My top 5 scenarios for the pick in some order are: Tannehill, Brockers, Ingram, DeCastro, trade down.

Blick
04-22-2012, 07:15 PM
I have to tell you that picking a left tackle in this draft is a lot like picking Brockers. Albert, like Dorsey, is entering the final year of his contract and depending on how they feel about resigning him or what he wants to do in terms of the free agent market they are going to need a suitable replacement in hand.

And, unlike the defensive tackle position - where we have Bailey available should Dorsey not resign, there is no viable player currently on the roster who will be able to effectively transition to the left tackle spot. In fact, there is no real tackle on this entire roster past Albert and Winston. (Mims is, at this point, a project and doesn't even fit the zone scheme in terms of his mobility.)

Then you need to take into consideration the injury issue, i.e., if Albert or Winston get injured, there is no suitable backup on the roster.

I'm pretty sure that they will be looking at a swing tackle at some point in this draft and if Reiff or Martin is there at #11, I think that they will definitely consider either player.

Just from a realistic point of view, drafting a tackle in 2012 isn't a "WTF" type of pick. In fact, it's almost a more rational selection than drafting a OLB/edge rusher, ILB or DE when one objectively considers the state of the Chiefs roster.

It would be a WTF pick in the first round to take a LT. It's not like taking Brockers because he would be able to help on the D-line rotation immediately while the LT would not see the field except for an injury or as an extra tackle in a jumbo package.

I do agree that swing tackle is a need. There's no doubt about that...just not in the first round.

Nightfyre
04-22-2012, 08:58 PM
Merc is not a physical player. I would rather take Bruce Irvin in the 3rd than merc in the 1st.

So let me get this straight: Mercilus isn't physical but Irvin is? ROFL

melbar
04-23-2012, 01:55 AM
1. Keuchly
2. Tannehill
3. Cox
4. DeCastro
5. Barron

spanky 52
04-23-2012, 05:39 AM
DeCastro, Gilmore, Barron, Brockers, Floyd. What the hell do I know.

Lilja is done. Carr is gone. God help us if Berry or Lewis go down again. Dorsey is in his last year and doesn't fit the 3-4. Baldwin didn't impress me and who knows what happens with Bowe.

Chiefnj2
04-23-2012, 08:16 AM
People think Cox fits into KC's defensive scheme?

kcbubb
04-23-2012, 06:50 PM
So let me get this straight: Mercilus isn't physical but Irvin is? ROFL

That was exactly my point. Irvin is not physical and he is a better pass rusher. Serious pass rusher. Merc can't set the edge and be a physical player like Ingram, so he can't play on 1st or 2nd down. He should not be on the field against the run. If you are going to draft a guy for sub packages on passing downs, draft Irvin not Merc. Irvin is a better pass rusher than Merc and will cost a lot less in the third or 4th round.

ILChief
04-24-2012, 12:50 PM
Tannehill
Decastro
Keuchly
Poe
Barron

ForeverChiefs58
04-24-2012, 02:00 PM
With these players off the board:

Staying at #11, I would be really happy with:

1. OLB Whitney Mercilus, Illinois
2. DE Fletcher Cox, Mississippi State
3. DE Michael Brockers, LSU
4. SS Mark Barron, Alabama
5. DE Devon Still, Penn State

I'd be pretty happy with these players:

6. OG David DeCastro, Stanford
7. ILB Luke Kuechly, Boston College
8. QB Ryan Tannehill, Texas A&M
9. CB/S Dre Kirkpatrick, Alabama

I'd be less happy with these players, but I'd "get it":

10. NT/DE Dontari Poe, Memphis
11. OLB Melvin Ingram, South Carolina

Looking at this list, who would make the most immediate impact?

Who would realistically get the most playing time for THIS year?

Who isn't tied to a sub package, but every down package?

I would say it would be between DeCastro on offense and Kuechly on defense as having the best shot at being every down players for this year.

CupidStunt
04-24-2012, 05:57 PM
1. Ingram
2. Hightower
3. Upshaw
4. Barron
5. Gilmore

I'd be glad to see them take a QB (read: Tannehill), but I'm mixed on him as a player so find it hard to rank him.

DA_T_84
04-24-2012, 06:02 PM
1. Trade down
2. Kuechly
3. Decastro
4. Cox
5. Floyd