PDA

View Full Version : Improve the trenches

O.city
04-14-2012, 02:16 PM
Had a thought for a thread title to amp up some more draft talk.

You can never have too many great players up front on both sides of the ball. I know the offensive line can be suspect if you have a franchise signal caller, but we don't so lets think like our GM and how we can win next year with Cassel.

With this draft, you can really improve and solidify the trenches and lb core.

Here is something I've put together.

Round 1
Decastro. I know now a sexy pick but really solidifies the offensive line.

Optional. If you decide to put Hudson at C, make this pick and don't think about it. If you want him to be the guard......

Take Mercilus

Round 2
Need a NT, take Ta'amu. Want another pass rusher if you didn't take Mercilus in round 1, take Nick Perry.

Round 3
Say you go Decastro and Ta'amu, got your guard and NT. Here you could take Derek Wolfe or Billy Winne. Say you went with Mercilus and a NT, you could do the same, or grab a Molk here to play C. Could also grab Chapman likely here.

Round 4
If you haven't gotten a OLB rusher, you could grab Bruce Irvin here. He is my dark horse pass rusher in the draft.

This is a little scattered, but I thought it would stir some convo and show that this draft is really open for the Chiefs.

I think we are fairly confident with our skill guys. Unless someone special falls to a spot we are taking, I think we stock up on guys like this in this years draft.

I did a skill position guys late in the draft, which is where I think we will be looking for them. So this can be a, nonskill position thread early in the draft.

HighChief
04-14-2012, 06:48 PM
I think its either decastro or kuechly. I do think it will be kuechly though.

O.city
04-14-2012, 06:50 PM
I think I'd rather grab Decastro in that situation. Kuechly is a great player, but I don't see him as a great fit for what we need.

Honestly I'm starting to think it's Decastro or a pass rusher.

If we went Mercilus, Harrison Smith, Chapman, Molk I would be pretty excited.

Mercilus
Harrison Smith
Chapman
Molk
Derek Wolfe
Isiah Pead

aturnis
04-14-2012, 09:45 PM
I think I'd rather grab Decastro in that situation. Kuechly is a great player, but I don't see him as a great fit for what we need.

Honestly I'm starting to think it's Decastro or a pass rusher.

If we went Mercilus, Harrison Smith, Chapman, Molk I would be pretty excited.

Mercilus
Harrison Smith
Chapman
Molk
Derek Wolfe
Isiah Pead

Pead in the sixth round? I don't expect him to last that long...

buddha
04-15-2012, 10:56 PM
I'm starting to come around on Brockers.

tredadda
04-16-2012, 09:19 AM
I'm starting to come around on Brockers.

I just can't because of the bad taste left in my mouth from our other LSU D-linemen. While they have not been awful, neither have justified their draft position. If we were drafting near the end of the draft I might warm up to Brockers, just not at #11.

DJ's left nut
04-16-2012, 09:36 AM
If Brockers came out of Alabama, we'd all love him.

2nd team All-SEC as a Sophomore; guys just don't do that down there. He's long, he's plenty quick for a 5-tech, he plays with a good motor, has great strength and has all the makings of a difference maker along the line.

Like most of us, I dismissed him immediately because of the LSU thing. Then I started to do more and more homework on him and realized that he has the makings of a perfect fit for this team.