PDA

View Full Version : WalterFootball updated Mock 4/22

DTLB58
04-22-2012, 06:05 PM
7th RD Added.....

1st RD.
Kansas City Chiefs: David DeCastro, G, Stanford
It's unusual to see a guard at No. 11 in an NFL Draft, but the Chiefs made a similar pick two years ago when they selected Eric Berry at No. 5. Safeties never go that high, but Berry was just that good of a prospect. The same can be said about David DeCastro.

DeCastro is no ordinary guard. He's the top player at his position in a very long time. Most consider him to be the next Steve Hutchinson. The Chiefs need to improve the interior of their offensive line, and DeCastro would be a great addition along with recently signed Eric Winston.

2nd RD.
Kansas City Chiefs: Brandon Weeden, QB, Oklahoma State
E-mailer Greg H. asked me which team I thought had the most talent on the roster outside of the quarterback position. I thought about it, and I came up with the Chiefs. They're pretty much stacked everywhere - except for that all-important signal-caller spot. It wouldn't hurt to add competition for Matt Cassel. I don't consider Brady Quinn competition.

Brandon Weeden makes sense because he's presumably ready to step in right away. The Chiefs can win the Super Bowl with good quarterback play, so they're not interested in someone they can groom for a couple of years.

3rd RD.
Kansas City Chiefs: Josh Chapman, NT, Alabama
The Chiefs really need a nose tackle and a guard. They could go Dontari Poe in Round 1, and then Kevin Zeitler in Round 2. However, I have them selecting David DeCastro, so Alameda Ta'amu and Josh Chapman would be possible solutions the following day.

4th RD
Kansas City Chiefs: Ryan Steed, CB, Furman
Even when the Chiefs signed Stanford Routt, they reportedly were trying to retain Brandon Carr. They could spend a mid-round pick on a cornerback for depth/future purposes.

5th RD
Kansas City Chiefs: Bruce Irvin, DE/OLB, West Virginia
Justin Houston really came on at the end of last season, but the Chiefs won't have much of a pass rush if either he or Tamba Hali goes down with an injury next year. Depth is needed.

6th RD
Kansas City Chiefs: Christian Thompson, S, South Carolina State
Romeo Crennel likes using three-safety formations at times, so the Chiefs may want to spend a mid- or late-round pick on the position, especially considering that both Eric Berry and Kendrick Lewis are coming off injuries.

7th RD
1A)Kansas City Chiefs: Andrew Datko, OT, Florida State
The Chiefs signed Eric Winson, but they could go after another tackle because Branden Albert is entering his contract year.

1B)Kansas City Chiefs: Jordan White, WR, Western Michigan
Steve Breaston won't be on the team beyond 2012 because he'll be owed $3.8 million the following season. The Chiefs will need a receiver ready to step in by 2013.

Urc Burry
04-22-2012, 06:08 PM
Starting in round 3 I like it.

SNR
04-22-2012, 06:09 PM
I really like Christian Thompson. Chapman and Irvin are sexy picks, too, especially Irvin in the 5th round.

Everything else can go fuck itself.

aturnis
04-22-2012, 06:24 PM
I like it.

There aren't many players I'd be happy with at #11. Most guys who are worth it, will be gone by then. Add in that positions we need are terrible value, and you get guys like DeCastro. At least it's not Tannehill. He'd NEVER live up to that pick. While Weeden's window is small, I like him much more than Tannehill.

I like Weeden in the 2nd, I don't love it though. Outside of Luck/RG3, Weeden is the best QB in this draft. He'd probably be the guy who went too high in the top 10 if he wasn't already 28 years old.

The only thing I'd change right now, is I'd go after Dennard as our CB in the 4th.

Blick
04-22-2012, 06:27 PM
I don't know anything about the corner from Furman, but I don't see the need for that pick.

Flowers, Routt, Arenas, Daniels, Brown...corner depth is not needed.

It's not how I would draft in the first 2 rounds, but I don't hate it.

O.city
04-22-2012, 06:43 PM
Can never have too many good corners, IMO.

Mr. Arrowhead
04-22-2012, 06:48 PM
this draft is ok, besides the Weeden pick, I wouldnt even think about touching him in the first 4 rounds

milkman
04-22-2012, 06:48 PM
I said in another thread that I wouldn't melt down when Pioli drafts this week, because I fully expect to hate whoever he selects in the first round.

But if he goes Decastro 1, and Weedon 2, all bets are off.

Chiefshrink
04-22-2012, 06:49 PM
Barron would be worth the pick especially if Crennel likes to run a lot of 3 S sets. I think in 2yrs Barron will be seen as worthy of a top 10 pick IMO. Get Chapman as some of you said in the 2nd or 3rd rds

Imagine having 2 Ed Reeds back there and now that Manning is in our Div.

the Talking Can
04-22-2012, 07:00 PM
it's going to happen isn't it...after 30 years of not drafting a QB, we're going to draft a guard at #11

i'm going to hire someone just to shoot me in the face repeatedly...their only task is to pull the trigger and reload

Okie_Apparition
04-22-2012, 07:09 PM
. I don't consider Brady Quinn competition.

:Scanlon:

Chiefshrink
04-22-2012, 07:13 PM
it's going to happen isn't it...after 30 years of not drafting a QB, we're going to draft a guard at #11

i'm going to hire someone just to shoot me in the face repeatedly...their only task is to pull the trigger and reload

ROFLROFLROFL

Fat Elvis
04-22-2012, 07:49 PM
Barron would be worth the pick especially if Crennel likes to run a lot of 3 S sets. I think in 2yrs Barron will be seen as worthy of a top 10 pick IMO. Get Chapman as some of you said in the 2nd or 3rd rds

Barron isn't an Ed Reed type of safety.

Saccopoo
04-22-2012, 08:16 PM

Barron is not Ed Reed. Not by a long shot.

The guy has an injury history and isn't a very solid pass defender.

What is with this Barron shit?

O.city
04-22-2012, 08:23 PM
I like Barron, but I don't see him as a better prospect than Smith.

I really like Taylor, the kid from the U.

BossChief
04-22-2012, 08:34 PM
Barron is a lot more like Polomalu than Reed.

I don't think that's fair, either.

I see Troy as his ceiling, but Barrons success will ultimately be dictated by his work ethic and ability to translate his film study to the practice...and finally the game field.

aturnis
04-22-2012, 08:36 PM

What are you paying?

Sorter
04-22-2012, 11:24 PM
Barron is a lot more like Polomalu than Reed.

I don't think that's fair, either.

I see Troy as his ceiling, but Barrons success will ultimately be dictated by his work ethic and ability to translate his film study to the practice...and finally the game field.

Disagree. People forget just how rare/special people like Ed/Troy are.

ChiefMojo
04-23-2012, 05:10 AM
We have one of those special type of safeties already in Eric Berry. Just really sucks his season was lost immediately last year. Troy and Ed have faced the same fate but not until later in their careers. I look for Berry to be out of this world this season.

DeezNutz
04-23-2012, 05:28 AM

History shows that QBs can be found anywhere in the draft, but if you want an elite guard, you have to be willing to take a risk and pull the trigger early in round one.

the Talking Can
04-23-2012, 06:04 AM
What are you paying?

i'll have a pile of quarters in the room...one for every shell

it's a volume business

Micjones
04-23-2012, 06:12 AM
I love this mock.
Hopefully they add a RB and WR/KR with the final two picks.

aturnis
04-23-2012, 11:27 AM
i'll have a pile of quarters in the room...one for every shell

it's a volume business

LMAO

tredadda
04-23-2012, 11:35 AM
I like it.

There aren't many players I'd be happy with at #11. Most guys who are worth it, will be gone by then. Add in that positions we need are terrible value, and you get guys like DeCastro. At least it's not Tannehill. He'd NEVER live up to that pick. While Weeden's window is small, I like him much more than Tannehill.

I like Weeden in the 2nd, I don't love it though. Outside of Luck/RG3, Weeden is the best QB in this draft. He'd probably be the guy who went too high in the top 10 if he wasn't already 28 years old.

The only thing I'd change right now, is I'd go after Dennard as our CB in the 4th.

The fact that he is 28 might have alot to do with that. He is a man among boys. Hell Cassel would look like a beast if he were playing in college right now. Weeden has 7-8 years worth of physical development over some of the other guys in this draft. He has hit his window IMO, and I would cringe if we took him considering we would only get 7-8 years out of a guy who I believe has peaked potential wise.

Detoxing
04-23-2012, 11:51 AM
Im probably one of the few on CP that would welcome DeCastro. If the guy is the stud he's touted to be, he'd be a great pick.

"Positional Value" can go fuck itself in this instance.

Albert-Decastro-Hudson-Asamoah-Winston.

That is a good, young, talented O-line. And they could develop into the best line in the league. Aside from depth, our O-line would be finished. Could you imagine Charles/Hillis running behind that?

Outside of QB and NT, anything they draft is essentially a Luxury pick.

And there isn't going to be a Can't miss prospect at either position considering where we pick.

Everyone is going to bitch about the pick, and then love it when our backs are exploding through holes.

buddha
04-23-2012, 01:01 PM
Im probably one of the few on CP that would welcome DeCastro. If the guy is the stud he's touted to be, he'd be a great pick.

"Positional Value" can go **** itself in this instance.

Albert-Decastro-Hudson-Asamoah-Winston.

That is a good, young, talented O-line. And they could develop into the best line in the league. Aside from depth, our O-line would be finished. Could you imagine Charles/Hillis running behind that?

Outside of QB and NT, anything they draft is essentially a Luxury pick.

And there isn't going to be a Can't miss prospect at either position considering where we pick.

Everyone is going to bitch about the pick, and then love it when our backs are exploding through holes.

Great post.

Yes...expect the meat sacks to be diving off buildings all over the KC area no matter who the Chiefs pick.

The bottom line is if you add either Kalil or DeCastro to KC's offensive line, you have a shot of having an elite unit.

DJ's left nut
04-23-2012, 01:04 PM
BossChief is driving that Barron bandwagon pretty hard, eh?

I can live with DeCastro. I'd prefer Brockers and may even prefer Mercilus, but if it's DeCastro...well at least it wasn't Kuechly.

Seriously, I will lose my shit if we draft Kuechly. I'd even take Poe or Barron over Kuechly at this point. He has absolutely no upside whatsoever in this system.

BigChiefFan
04-23-2012, 01:10 PM
Please no Weeden at QB.

ChiefMojo
04-23-2012, 01:15 PM
I don't see the downside what so ever to drafting DeCastro. You get the tired cliché that you don't take a OG that early in the draft. The thing is the CBA has changed. Players aren't getting paid the same in their rookie contracts.

With that said, DeCastro is a once in a decade type player. Sure there are other quality guards but if you have the chance to get someone that is elite level at their position, it would be hard to pass up when it is also a definite need to upgrade. Outside of QB or NT, we aren't drafting to glaring holes. Problem is, there isn't a QB or NT that is worth the #11 pick imo. Tannehill isn't a #11 worthy pick even though he may go top 10. Poe is definitely NOT a top #11 pick and I would argue outside of his size/athletic ability, he is a 3rd/4th round talent.... looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane!

buddha
04-23-2012, 01:19 PM
I don't see the downside what so ever to drafting DeCastro. You get the tired cliché that you don't take a OG that early in the draft. The thing is the CBA has changed. Players aren't getting paid the same in their rookie contracts.

With that said, DeCastro is a once in a decade type player. Sure there are other quality guards but if you have the chance to get someone that is elite level at their position, it would be hard to pass up when it is also a definite need to upgrade. Outside of QB or NT, we aren't drafting to glaring holes. Problem is, there isn't a QB or NT that is worth the #11 pick imo. Tannehill isn't a #11 worthy pick even though he may go top 10. Poe is definitely NOT a top #11 pick and I would argue outside of his size/athletic ability, he is a 3rd/4th round talent.... looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane!

One of the best posts I've read in several months. Word!

BigChiefFan
04-23-2012, 01:20 PM

I disagree on Poe. The guy was constantly double and triple-teamed and still put solid numbers for only starting 33 games. He was also surrounded by crap and so he had a huge bullseye on him.

Add to that, three different coaches in three years and it's amazing the guy put up the numbers he did. He has a chance to be the next Wilfork, I think that's worth the risk, especially considering the gaping hole there.

Saul Good
04-23-2012, 01:31 PM
I disagree on Poe. The guy was constantly double and triple-teamed and still put solid numbers for only starting 33 games. He was also surrounded by crap and so he had a huge bullseye on him.

Add to that, three different coaches in three years and it's amazing the guy put up the numbers he did. He has a chance to be the next Wilfork, I think that's worth the risk, especially considering the gaping hole there.

Which numbers are the most amazing to you? Was it his 14 tackles last year, his zero sacks, or his zero forced fumbles?

BigChiefFan
04-23-2012, 01:33 PM
Which numbers are the most amazing to you? Was it his 14 tackles last year, his zero sacks, or his zero forced fumbles?

In 30 starts...

101 tackles, 21.5 TFL, five sacks, four pass break-ups and four forced fumbles, all while being double and triple-teamed.

buddha
04-23-2012, 01:35 PM
KC will not draft Poe at 11 so all of this can stop now.

DJ's left nut
04-23-2012, 01:37 PM
How again did Poe put up solid numbers? Moreover, how can he have started 'only' 33 games? Thats 3 freakin' seasons as a starter. How many college defensive lineman start more than 33 games?

His numbers were pretty miserable, especially since they also had him playing a fair amount of end. 14 solo tackles and 1 sack in his 3rd year as a starter in the Conference USA? In his 'productive' season as a junior he had a whopping 22 solo stops and 2 sacks. Just exactly what would've been considered less than solid numbers from your hybrid NT/DE? In his last 2 seasons he started 24 games and managed 36 tackles with 3 sacks. 1.5 tackles/gm and 1 sack every 8 games against Conference USA opposition qualifies as 'solid' now?

Cite his measurables if you want, but by no calculus did he put up 'reasonable numbers' in his college career. He was a massive disappointment by any objectively countable measure in college. He's been a garbage football player to this point in his career.

ChiefMojo
04-23-2012, 01:37 PM
Those numbers still suck when you consider he was playing at lower level D-1 football. There was no excuse putting up those numbers against Conference USA teams. Just watching his vids... sure he was double teamed on many occasions but was completely destroyed when doing so. He was handled easily more times than not single teamed.

Micjones
04-23-2012, 01:39 PM

Thank God!

BigChiefFan
04-23-2012, 01:39 PM

All of this? The draft is a few days a way. If not now, when? I'm sorry so many don't like Poe, but there is a gaping hole there and there is a real possibility we could take him. I doubt many have even watched him play. I've studied his game film and know he gets a bad rap around here because of the program he played at.

DJ's left nut
04-23-2012, 01:40 PM
In 30 starts...

101 tackles, 21.5 TFL, five sacks, four pass break-ups and four forced fumbles, all while being double and triple-teamed.

From a 0-tech NT playing in the SEC those numbers qualify as 'solid'.

For a guy that the team moved from nose to end to maximize his production playing in Conference USA, those numbers are garbage that simply arose from having guys occasionally run into you.

The numbers are mediocre and the tape doesn't lie - this kid was frequently overmatched by barely D-1 competition. He's a horrible pick.

BigChiefFan
04-23-2012, 01:43 PM

For a guy that the team moved from nose to end to maximize his production playing in Conference USA, those numbers are garbage that simply arose from having guys occasionally run into you.

The numbers are mediocre and the tape doesn't lie - this kid was frequently overmatched by barely D-1 competition. He's a horrible pick.

Guys occasionally run into you? I'll bow out when you're going to take a jaded stance and not even discuss it rationally.

Guys occasionally run into you? LMAO

buddha
04-23-2012, 01:43 PM

He is a HORRIBLE pick at 11. He stuck to blocks like fly paper against inferior blockers. Why is that? His supporters say he is a phenominal physical speciman. Well...if that's true than his motor and heart are definitely in question because he played like shit in C-USA.

KC will not take Poe at 11.

ChiefMojo
04-23-2012, 01:46 PM
Sure we need a NT (we could still get one in the FA market after the draft as well) but there are better NT's than Poe to be had. Ta'amu and Chapman are definite better pure NT's than Poe. The only reason Poe will go infront of them is due to his his extreme athletic ability. Problem is why do we need a freakish athletic NT when we play a 2-Gap system? Right there we negate athletic ability more so for just pure lower body power/leverage. Both Ta'amu and Chapman fit that role much better. Between those two Chapman is further advanced coming from a 2-Gap system already but Ta'amu is the perfect 2-Gap prospect.

buddha
04-23-2012, 01:51 PM
Sure we need a NT (we could still get one in the FA market after the draft as well) but there are better NT's than Poe to be had. Ta'amu and Chapman are definite better pure NT's than Poe. The only reason Poe will go infront of them is due to his his extreme athletic ability. Problem is why do we need a freakish athletic NT when we play a 2-Gap system? Right there we negate athletic ability more so for just pure lower body power/leverage. Both Ta'amu and Chapman fit that role much better. Between those two Chapman is further advanced coming from a 2-Gap system already but Ta'amu is the perfect 2-Gap prospect.

Straight up, I'd rather have Ta'amu or Chapman than Poe.

Both guys should be there in the second and maybe later.

ChiefMojo
04-23-2012, 01:56 PM
I've went back and forth with either NT or QB in the 2nd/3rd. Your going to have to determine where do you think the run will come? Do you see those two NT's coming off in the 2nd or do you see QB's like Osweiler/Cousins coming off in the 2nd? If you feel the QB's (one or both) will be there in the 3rd, then take the NT's in the 2nd imo. Sure there are other NT's in the draft (like the kid from Baylor or BYU that fit) but I only find those two mentioned (Chapman/Ta'amu) to be high quality NT's to make a impact within their first two years.

DJ's left nut
04-23-2012, 01:56 PM
Guys occasionally run into you? I'll bow out when you're going to take a jaded stance and not even discuss it rationally.

Guys occasionally run into you? LMAO

Yeah, because his tapes showing him just bulling guys out of the way with regularity.

Running plays are designed to go into set holes. Again - this isn't the SEC; these are limited players that are running into set gaps. A 330 lb guy was occasionally not thrown out of the gap buy people he outweights by 50+ lbs and the runner ran into him.

This guys tape is miserable. And his production is middling. Combine the tape with the numbers and yeah - you have marginal stats that arose as a result of simply being on the field a lot and being in the right place at the right time, often through sheer happenstance.

He's a lousy football player.

Saccopoo
04-23-2012, 02:33 PM
This is how you take on blocks and defeat them as a nose tackle at the college level:

<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="276" src="http://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/xhl3r8"></iframe><br /><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xhl3r8_draft-preview-jerrell-powe_sport" target="_blank">Draft Preview: Jerrell Powe</a> <i>by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/FOX_Sports_Interactive" target="_blank">FOX_Sports_Interactive</a></i>

You guys seem to forget we drafted an immense dude with some of the biggest legs/butt in last year.

Powe was a legend in high school, was an Army All-American and two time 2nd team All-SEC. He is going to surprise a lot of you guys next year. Book it.

Dayze
04-23-2012, 02:35 PM

Don't ask Cassel to shoot you

Pestilence
04-23-2012, 02:43 PM
This is how you take on blocks and defeat them as a nose tackle at the college level:

<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="276" src="http://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/xhl3r8"></iframe><br /><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xhl3r8_draft-preview-jerrell-powe_sport" target="_blank">Draft Preview: Jerrell Powe</a> <i>by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/FOX_Sports_Interactive" target="_blank">FOX_Sports_Interactive</a></i>

You guys seem to forget we drafted an immense dude with some of the biggest legs/butt in last year.

Powe was a legend in high school, was an Army All-American and two time 2nd team All-SEC. He is going to surprise a lot of you guys next year. Book it.

I'm starting to wonder if they're going to run with Gordon and Powe as our NTs this year to see what Powe has. If Powe shows up....then we're good. If not....then we are in a spot where we can draft one in the 1st round next year.

SNR
04-23-2012, 03:05 PM
I'm starting to wonder if they're going to run with Gordon and Powe as our NTs this year to see what Powe has. If Powe shows up....then we're good. If not....then we are in a spot where we can draft one in the 1st round next year.I'm cool with that. If Powe isn't a good player at all and ends up sucking wastewater, it looks like Kelly Gregg is going to come back this year anyway. We have plenty of options that will tide us over for the season.

That's not ideal, but it will do. This defense is fierce; the lack of a top tier NT hasn't stopped them thus far in being a great defense.

DJ's left nut
04-23-2012, 03:12 PM
That's not ideal, but it will do. This defense is fierce; the lack of a top tier NT hasn't stopped them thus far in being a great defense.

Yes it has.

It hasn't stopped it from being a good defense - but this defense as presently constructed isn't enough to win an AFC Championship - let alone a SB.

A great defense can get you to the Super Bowl. Even if Berry comes back at full strength and Houston continues to progress, this isn't a great defense - just a good one.

To be great they need to upgrade on both the NT slots and Glenn Dorsey, IMO. At that point they could absolutely be a great defense; a defense good enough to take the Chiefs to the SB and, with a couple of breaks, win it.

Pestilence
04-23-2012, 03:14 PM
Yes it has.

It hasn't stopped it from being a good defense - but this defense as presently constructed isn't enough to win an AFC Championship - let alone a SB.

A great defense can get you to the Super Bowl. Even if Berry comes back at full strength and Houston continues to progress, this isn't a great defense - just a good one.

To be great they need to upgrade on both the NT slots and Glenn Dorsey, IMO. At that point they could absolutely be a great defense; a defense good enough to take the Chiefs to the SB and, with a couple of breaks, win it.

Well maybe the coaching staff thinks Powe has what it takes to be that NT.

Detoxing
04-23-2012, 03:18 PM
I'm starting to wonder if they're going to run with Gordon and Powe as our NTs this year to see what Powe has. If Powe shows up....then we're good. If not....then we are in a spot where we can draft one in the 1st round next year.

I'm pretty sure that's what they're going to do. I think the Chiefs will take a late round flyer on someone and roll into camp with Gordon, Powe and some late round rook.

DJ's left nut
04-23-2012, 03:21 PM
Well maybe the coaching staff thinks Powe has what it takes to be that NT.

Certainly possible.

My contention is mostly with the idea that this can be a great defense without a great NT - I just don't see it.

Maybe I have a limited view of the defense, but our base D needs to be able to force 3rd and longs for our sub-packages to be able to come in and make plays (picks, sacks, fumbles, etc...) and if the NT isn't improved, they're still going to be subject to getting gouged up the middle and enough 3rd and short situations that teams can kill us with 1,000 papercuts.

Saccopoo
04-23-2012, 04:04 PM

Exactly. People forget that Powe is 6'2" and 340 lbs. of enormous that relishes the pure nose tackle position. He was a force in the SEC and hopefully learned a little playing behind a sound technician in Kelley Gregg this past season. In college he played with excellent leverage and really got under the pads of centers and guards. Watch his film/highlights. He almost burrows under the linemen using those massive legs to just drive guys back.

It took guys like Nick Fairley and Marcel Dareus (both first rounders that played the uptackle spot and got a lot more sacks) to keep Powe off the SEC first team list.

However, if he struggles (which I doubt happens - he's a hard worker and has the size), there is guys like this next year:

Starlite Lotulelei (6'3", 320 lbs.) out of Utah is a two block eater that shared the Morris Trophy with Matt Kalil this past season (given to the best lineman - offensive or defensive, in the PAC-12).

John Hankins (6'3", 335 lbs.) - Ohio State - is pretty athletic for a guy that big.

Kwame Geathers (6'5", 350 lbs.), Georgia, is massive and is just starting to realize his potential.

Chiefnj2
04-23-2012, 04:13 PM
It took guys like Nick Fairley and Marcel Dareus (both first rounders that played the uptackle spot and got a lot more sacks) to keep Powe off the SEC first team list.

Please. Don't compare first round picks with someone who slid down draft boards and couldn't sniff the field.

Saccopoo
04-23-2012, 05:45 PM
Please. Don't compare first round picks with someone who slid down draft boards and couldn't sniff the field.

Because he slid down the draft boards doesn't mean that he can't play.

He was just as heralded as those guys going into college (moreso even) and simply played a position whose responsibility was to occupy blockers versus being an upfield 1 gap penetrator. The guy was a very good college player that was playing behind one of the better pure nose tackles of the past decade in Gregg.

I love it around here about this time when the sole determining factor if a guy is good or not is where he went in the draft - not his production on the field.

"He's being mocked in the fourth round. He's got to suck."

Besides, Nick Fairley really kicked ass last year, didn't he? Shame we took Powe in the sixth versus using a first on that dipshit.

Chiefnj2
04-23-2012, 05:48 PM
Because he slid down the draft boards doesn't mean that he can't play.

He was just as heralded as those guys going into college (moreso even) and simply played a position whose responsibility was to occupy blockers versus being an upfield 1 gap penetrator. The guy was a very good college player that was playing behind one of the better pure nose tackles of the past decade in Gregg.

I love it around here about this time when the sole determining factor if a guy is good or not is where he went in the draft - not his production on the field.

"He's being mocked in the fourth round. He's got to suck."

Besides, Nick Fairley really kicked ass last year, didn't he? Shame we took Powe in the sixth versus using a first on that dipshit.

It's not a matter of just falling in the draft. He didn't sniff the field last year on a team that desperately needed help at NT. It doesn't mean he's a bust, but it's a disappointment.

Saccopoo
04-23-2012, 05:58 PM
It's not a matter of just falling in the draft. He didn't sniff the field last year on a team that desperately needed help at NT. It doesn't mean he's a bust, but it's a disappointment.

Gregg did just fine last year. It wasn't a desperation level at NT.

Safety, TE, QB - yes. Not NT.

TRR
04-24-2012, 07:31 AM
Powe came from an attacking style of Defense where he could use his quickness and penetrate. KC's NT's are used to do exactly the opposite. Push the pocket and find two offensive lineman to tie up and prevent them from getting to the LB's. Powe has the skills, he just has to learn to forget the college system he played in and relegate to occupying blockers. It will take him some time.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sofa King
04-24-2012, 08:16 AM
Don't ask Cassel to shoot you

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4v4tqJLe4u0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>