PDA

View Full Version : Has the Dolphins Pick Been Exposed?

Chocolate Hog
04-22-2012, 09:12 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/22/source-stephen-ross-is-pushing-for-ryan-tannehill/

O.city
04-22-2012, 09:14 PM
I think they are all in on Tannehill, basically because their fan base might riot if they mess it up.

Saccopoo
04-22-2012, 09:47 PM
While I think it's a huge reach, they have to go Tannehill.

A new offensive coordinator that happens to be the guys former college head coach. He knows the system better than any quarterback that is going to be there.

They need to generate excitement. Quarterbacks do that better than most other positions.

And they have a shitty QB situation down there.

It's a no-brainer unless someone takes him before them, but I don't see that happening.

Rumor has it that Cleveland really likes Weedon. They will probably take him with their first pick in the second round.

ChiefMojo
04-22-2012, 09:50 PM
Doesn't Cleveland have a pick at #22? I could see them getting Weeden at that spot before someone else moves up or outright takes him before their 2nd round pick.

Direckshun
04-22-2012, 10:14 PM
There is no such thing as a revelation a week away from draft season.

I believe the Dolphins have always wanted this. But this is a smokescreen created by god knows who for god knows what reason. Maybe the Jags, who hate the #7 pick and want to trade down.

The Dolphins source is also just a smokescreen. Who knows.

Saccopoo
04-22-2012, 10:34 PM
Doesn't Cleveland have a pick at #22? I could see them getting Weeden at that spot before someone else moves up or outright takes him before their 2nd round pick.

They do, however I think that they will go playmakers with their first rounders. I don't see a team picking up Weeden prior to the second.

Richardson and a receiver is probably where they go in the first. I think Floyd will be there for them at #22.

Richardson, Floyd and Weeden with the first three picks isn't a bad deal for the Browns.

Chocolate Hog
04-22-2012, 10:38 PM
There is no such thing as a revelation a week away from draft season.

I believe the Dolphins have always wanted this. But this is a smokescreen created by god knows who for god knows what reason. Maybe the Jags, who hate the #7 pick and want to trade down.

The Dolphins source is also just a smokescreen. Who knows.

Why would they deny it?

Direckshun
04-22-2012, 10:41 PM
Why would they deny it?

Because the Jags want to trade out of 7.

This isn't rocket science.

Chiefshrink
04-22-2012, 11:00 PM
I think they are all in on Tannehill, basically because their fan base might riot if they mess it up.

You have a point because it is going to be messy enough after GZ walks.

BryanBusby
04-22-2012, 11:20 PM
While I think it's a huge reach, they have to go Tannehill.

A new offensive coordinator that happens to be the guys former college head coach. He knows the system better than any quarterback that is going to be there.

They need to generate excitement. Quarterbacks do that better than most other positions.

And they have a shitty QB situation down there.

It's a no-brainer unless someone takes him before them, but I don't see that happening.

Rumor has it that Cleveland really likes Weedon. They will probably take him with their first pick in the second round.
I think the Browns will keep their cool and wait until Day 2 to scoop him up as I don't see anyone picking 23-36 that would feel pressed to draft him, nor do I think they feel like they absolutely have to get him. They'd be better served to give him a receiver at 22 if Floyd happens to fall or a passable Right Tackle.

YayMike
04-23-2012, 06:31 AM
They do, however I think that they will go playmakers with their first rounders. I don't see a team picking up Weeden prior to the second.

Richardson and a receiver is probably where they go in the first. I think Floyd will be there for them at #22.

Richardson, Floyd and Weeden with the first three picks isn't a bad deal for the Browns.

Wow, that's a hell of a get for the Browns if they get those three. However, I think they could get Richardson at 8 if they trade with the Dolphins and get an extra second out of the deal. That's my guess as to what they do.

Micjones
04-23-2012, 06:42 AM
Because the Jags want to trade out of 7.

This isn't rocket science.

Here's hoping that we take it off their hands.
I want Tannehill!

YayMike
04-23-2012, 07:08 AM
Here's hoping that we take it off their hands.
I want Tannehill!

At this point, seeing the other options, so do I. I'm not even sure he can be any good, but I'd rather take a chance, then have to take someone at 11 that is either going to go over slot just because there isn't a clear cut choice, or taking a guard at 11.

I really don't even mind having to give up a 3rd round pick to move up, but I think it may end up being a bidding war to get up there. I do NOT want to give up our 2nd.

After reading a majority of the threads, my preference is to trade back and nab an extra pick and just take the best LB on the board, whether it be a thumper or pass rusher.

tredadda
04-23-2012, 08:59 AM
Interesting fact in that article, but the last time the Dolphins took a QB in the first round was 1983, same as us. The only difference is we drafted Blackledge and they drafted one of the greatest QBs of all time, Dan Marino.

Micjones
04-23-2012, 09:43 AM
At this point, seeing the other options, so do I. I'm not even sure he can be any good, but I'd rather take a chance, then have to take someone at 11 that is either going to go over slot just because there isn't a clear cut choice, or taking a guard at 11.

I really don't even mind having to give up a 3rd round pick to move up, but I think it may end up being a bidding war to get up there. I do NOT want to give up our 2nd.

After reading a majority of the threads, my preference is to trade back and nab an extra pick and just take the best LB on the board, whether it be a thumper or pass rusher.

We'll likely have the highest 3rd to offer.
I doubt a team gives up a #2 to take him.
I MIGHT offer a 3rd a Middle Round pick swap though to seal it.