PDA

View Full Version : Football 5 Hilariously Wrong Scouting Reports Of NFL Draft Busts

Chocolate Hog
04-24-2012, 09:04 PM
http://www.sportspickle.com/opinion/12351/5-hilariously-wrong-scouting-reports-of-historic-nfl-draft-busts

Jerm
04-24-2012, 09:06 PM
I remember the Vernon Gholston hype train...I was scared shitless we were gonna take him.

Chocolate Hog
04-24-2012, 09:19 PM
I only counted 4?

cdcox
04-24-2012, 09:22 PM
I only counted 4?

Sad that our educational system has come to this.

Crush
04-24-2012, 09:24 PM
I only counted 4?

Quinn, Russell, Curry, Leinart, and Gholston.

Deberg_1990
04-24-2012, 09:26 PM
None of the reports were wrong. All these guys were off the charts athletic freaks. You can't measure heart, desire, determination, competitiveness and smarts. And oh yea, instant money changes a lot of guys.

Dave Lane
04-24-2012, 09:33 PM
Is this the draftabulator thread?

Start Croyle
04-24-2012, 09:51 PM
I am not sure what to say about guys like JaMarcus Russell or Ryan Leaf. While they certainly turned out to be useless for their teams, at the same time, is it really fair to criticize the scouting reports when it turns out that the player had substance abuse problems? To me it is more that the talent was squandered, not that the talent was never there.

Maybe the best illustration of this is Josh Hamilton in MLB. He was the #1 draft pick, then he got problems with drugs and alcohol and disappeared out of the league completely. A total bust who never got out of the minor leagues. Then, after getting clean he managed to come back and got to the level he was projected to play at, and was the AL MVP in 2010.

BigMeatballDave
04-24-2012, 09:56 PM
None of the reports were wrong. All these guys were off the charts athletic freaks. You can't measure heart, desire, determination, competitiveness and smarts. And oh yea, instant money changes a lot of guys.This.

No matter how talented a player is in college, sometimes it just doesnt carry over to the NFL.

tredadda
04-24-2012, 09:59 PM
I am not sure what to say about guys like JaMarcus Russell or Ryan Leaf. While they certainly turned out to be useless for their teams, at the same time, is it really fair to criticize the scouting reports when it turns out that the player had substance abuse problems? To me it is more that the talent was squandered, not that the talent was never there.

Maybe the best illustration of this is Josh Hamilton in MLB. He was the #1 draft pick, then he got problems with drugs and alcohol and disappeared out of the league completely. A total bust who never got out of the minor leagues. Then, after getting clean he managed to come back and got to the level he was projected to play at, and was the AL MVP in 2010.

I agree with this statement 100%.

Red Beans
04-24-2012, 09:59 PM

More like just problems related to substance.

okcchief
04-24-2012, 10:40 PM
After Brady wins his first SuperBowl MVP this article will be stupid SO THERE!!!

KEEP FUCKING DOUBTING BRADY QUINN!!!!!

Inmem58
04-24-2012, 10:45 PM
After Brady wins his first SuperBowl MVP this article will be stupid SO THERE!!!

KEEP FUCKING DOUBTING BRADY QUINN!!!!!

http://img.tapatalk.com/61473c72-7343-af1d.jpg

BryanBusby
04-24-2012, 10:57 PM
None of the reports were wrong. All these guys were off the charts athletic freaks. You can't measure heart, desire, determination, competitiveness and smarts. And oh yea, instant money changes a lot of guys.
Gotta agree.

Curry: Early on he actually looked worthy of the draft selection. He got injured (concussion I believe) and his instincts some how went to shit from there.

Russell: Jamarcus had all the physical tools to be a monster QB in the NFL, he was just one of those dudes that got paid once and said fuck it.

Gholston: It was well chronicled that he didn't look fluid in the slightest. Even armchair GM's saw that bust coming.

Quinn: Cleveland Browns

Leinart: Yeah that was a whiff, but give him and his agent credit. They put on a hell of an acting job.

Simply Red
04-24-2012, 11:11 PM
sik thread

Sorter
04-24-2012, 11:16 PM
Gotta agree.

Curry: Early on he actually looked worthy of the draft selection. He got injured (concussion I believe) and his instincts some how went to shit from there.

Russell: Jamarcus had all the physical tools to be a monster QB in the NFL, he was just one of those dudes that got paid once and said **** it.

Gholston: It was well chronicled that he didn't look fluid in the slightest. Even armchair GM's saw that bust coming.

Quinn: Cleveland Browns

Leinart: Yeah that was a whiff, but give him and his agent credit. They put on a hell of an acting job.

Yup. Still think Leinart could be avg in the right system. If he hadn't gotten hurt, the Texans would have been playing NE imo.

evolve27
04-24-2012, 11:46 PM
Nice

Discuss Thrower
04-25-2012, 12:37 AM
Yup. Still think Leinart could be avg in the right system. If he hadn't gotten hurt, the Texans would have been playing NE imo.

That and him being smart enough to avoid the dumpster fire that is Paris Hilton and not contract the Herp (uhhhh-LEGEDLY)

Der Flöprer
04-25-2012, 06:47 AM
I only counted 4?

There are 3 kinds of people in the World. Those that can count, and those that can't.

acesn8s
04-25-2012, 07:02 AM
I remember the Vernon Gholston hype train...I was scared shitless we were gonna take him.But Gholston is a top 3 pick even though there is not much drop off for Long or Ellis. :doh!:

Frosty
04-25-2012, 08:37 AM
The comment about if Leinart was really that good or did he just have a great cast around him is what worries me about Barkley. I don't really see Barkley do things that really wows me. Mostly, he has all day to sit back there and then heave the ball to a wide open Woods.