PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Parcells draft show on ESPN right now...good stuff

BossChief
04-24-2012, 08:13 PM
He has his big board up and they are discussing it for the next hour.

I know most here hate Parcells, but the guy knows football.

Nightfyre
04-24-2012, 08:13 PM
I wanna see his big board but don't have ESPN...

BossChief
04-24-2012, 08:17 PM
Wow.

I keep freezing the image of his board to see the player grouped and he has Burflict as an early second rounder.

Ta'amu as a third.

Tannehill as a mid first.

Barron as an early first...same for Brockers.

BossChief
04-24-2012, 08:18 PM
I wanna see his big board but don't have ESPN...

What players do you want to see where he has them?

Nightfyre
04-24-2012, 08:19 PM
I'm most curious about Ingram, Gilmore, Claiborne and Richardson oh and Cox.

Mr_Tomahawk
04-24-2012, 08:22 PM
What did he just say about Oz? I can't understand Parcells half the time...

Tribal Warfare
04-24-2012, 08:24 PM
I'm curious where he has Poe at

Mr_Tomahawk
04-24-2012, 08:26 PM
I'm curious where he has Poe at

NPOE.

BossChief
04-24-2012, 08:27 PM
All he said about oz was that he didn't have anyone that he compared to from the NFL.

He has Brock and Cousins as his only second round quarterbacks.

Weeden in the third.

The common 3 as first rounders.

mcaj22
04-24-2012, 08:28 PM
"the highest I can think of a TE drafted was Tony G a few years back..."

how about a decade plus Bill.... lol

Mr_Tomahawk
04-24-2012, 08:29 PM
All he said about oz was that he didn't have anyone that he compared to from the NFL.

Weeden in the third.

Blah....I have a sick feeling we grab Cousins in the 3rd.

Tribal Warfare
04-24-2012, 08:29 PM
NPOE.

I'm asking due to the Parcells' planet theory

keg in kc
04-24-2012, 08:30 PM
I took that as not liking Osweiler at all but not wanting to say he didn't like him.

Mr. Laz
04-24-2012, 08:30 PM
weeden as a 3rd rounder

DA_T_84
04-24-2012, 08:31 PM
"the highest I can think of a TE drafted was Tony G a few years back..."

how about a decade plus Bill.... lol

Hey Bill.... the 49ers have a guy...

beach tribe
04-24-2012, 08:32 PM

Weeden in the third.

As it should be.
I really couldn't picture anyone drafting Weeden in the 2nd. Someone might still do it, but.....

BossChief
04-24-2012, 08:36 PM
Wrs
First round:
Blackmon
Floyd
Hill
Second round
Wright
Stressed
Jeffrey
Randall
Criner

Qb
First round
Luck
Rg3
Tannehill
Second round
Brock
Cousins

RB
First round
Richardson
Second round
Miller
Wilson
Martin

TE
First round
Fleener
Second round
Allen

OT
First round
Kalil
Reiff
Martin
Second round
Mike Adams
Jeff Allen

Guard
First round
Decastro
Zeitler
Second round
Glenn
Osemele

Center
First round
Konz

He has it listed for 6 rounds and that's the offensive first two rounds

I missed the first 6 minutes of the show and will try to get good shots of the defensive board and list the top two rounds.

BossChief
04-24-2012, 08:39 PM
I took that as not liking Osweiler at all but not wanting to say he didn't like him.

He has him as a second rounder.

BossChief
04-24-2012, 08:46 PM
DEs
First round
Coples
Upshaw
Ingram
Mercilus
Second round
Perry
Curry
Branch

NT/dt
First rounders
Brockers
Still
Cox
Worthy
Poe
Second rounders
Thompsen
Chapman
Crick
Wolfe

Olb
No first rounders
Lewis (okou)
Brown
Lewis (okou)

Ilb
First round
Kuechly
Hightower
Second round
Burflict

Safety
First round
Barron (as a high first)
Second round
Smith
Johnson (trumain)

Corners
First round
Claiborne
Gilmore
Kirkpatrick
Jenkins
Minnifield
Second round
Dennard
Hosley

Mr. Laz
04-24-2012, 08:46 PM
Qb
First round
Luck
Rg3

Tannehill

he had a big space between RGIII and Tannehill ... didn't hear if that meant something.

BossChief
04-24-2012, 08:50 PM
Parcells values experience at quarterback as much as anything.

I was shocked that he even had Tannehill in his first round.

He is probably around the 20 spot on the board.

Dr. Gigglepants
04-24-2012, 08:51 PM
I guess the red blob by Jenkins' name is a red flag?

BossChief
04-24-2012, 08:52 PM
I posted them all in order, too so that's the order he sees the players.

mcaj22
04-24-2012, 08:53 PM
more red flags than a risk board holy shit

Mr. Laz
04-24-2012, 08:56 PM
more red flags than a risk board holy shit

iirc Parcell said last year that a red flag usually cost a player a round worth of value unless he was so bad that he got pulled off the board as not draftable.

mcaj22
04-24-2012, 08:59 PM
wow that little turd they are talking about is fast as piss

BossChief
04-24-2012, 09:00 PM
I'm most curious about Ingram, Gilmore, Claiborne and Richardson oh and Cox.

:thumb:

keg in kc
04-24-2012, 09:02 PM
He has him as a second rounder.I'm watching on a 13" tv at work, so the board wasn't exactly legible. I was just going by what he said and his body language. He didn't seem impressed.

Nightfyre
04-24-2012, 09:02 PM
:thumb:

Ithankyou!

BossChief
04-24-2012, 09:04 PM
Brandon Taylor and Iioka are both listed as fifth rounders on his board.

KevB
He can't possibly believe Burfict is a 2nd rounder. That's throws the entire list into question IMO.

Nightfyre
Yikes.

BossChief
04-24-2012, 09:06 PM
I really like Brewster for us. Parcells has him as a third rounder and the guy projects as a good zone blocking center.

keg in kc
04-24-2012, 09:07 PM
I really like Brewster for us. Parcells has him as a third rounder and the guy projects as a good zone blocking center.This may or may not be relevant but listening to Winston speak today, it sounds like Hudson is now the starting center.

BossChief
04-24-2012, 09:08 PM
He can't possibly believe Burfict is a 2nd rounder. That's throws the entire list into question IMO.

Maybe he buys into the problems being with the way he was used and the coaching...Burflict was a total manimal in 2010.

BossChief
04-24-2012, 09:12 PM
This may or may not be relevant but listening to Winston speak today, it sounds like Hudson is now the starting center.

It's a weak center class and a somewhat strong guard class....that goes double for zone blocking guys.

That goes for free agency and the draft.

Sorter
04-24-2012, 09:18 PM
I thougt that Pioli clarified that Hudson would be at center? Anyways, Decastro would fit in with Pioli's view of future needs with Lilja, although I think he would beat him out pretty quickly.

SNR
04-24-2012, 09:20 PM
Boss, I've seen you misspell this guy's name like 43 different times.

His name is Vontaze B-U-R-F-I-C-T. There's no L in his name.

His name isn't Vontaze Burflict

philfree
04-24-2012, 09:22 PM
Boss, I've seen you misspell this guy's name like 43 different times.

His name is Vontaze B-U-R-F-I-C-T. There's no L in his name.

His name isn't Vontaze Burflict

Vanhayes Burplick.

No thanks.

BossChief
04-24-2012, 09:25 PM
That motherfucker Burflicts pain on his opponents.

KevB
04-24-2012, 09:27 PM
Maybe he buys into the problems being with the way he was used and the coaching...Burflict was a total manimal in 2010.

The guy ran a 5 flat forty and averaged a personal foul every 2 games in his college career. Parcells wouldn't have him, no way that's his ranking of the kid. Many think he goes completely undrafted at this point.

KCDC
04-24-2012, 09:30 PM
Sounds like he put Brockers first so he could protect who his son-in-law is taking for the Chiefs in the first round.

Stanley Nickels
04-24-2012, 09:37 PM
The guy ran a 5 flat forty and averaged a personal foul every 2 games in his college career. Parcells wouldn't have him, no way that's his ranking of the kid. Many think he goes completely undrafted at this point.

Except your last part, I completely agree. A lot of draft guys have him as mid-third material because of his drop-off this year and supposed character issues.

ChiefMojo
04-24-2012, 09:38 PM
Some may not like it but 3-4 personnel people get major chubs for 5-Tech's. Bores the crap out of most fans but it is what it is with those guys.

There is a reason you have seen Pioli been involved with two 5-Tech's going in the top 10 while with the Patriots and Chiefs. If we stay at #11 and the pick isn't Kuechly/DeCastro, I have a feeling it is Brockers. Pioli has no bones in selecting 5-Tech's that high.

Sorter
04-24-2012, 09:39 PM
LMAOLMAOSounds like he put Brockers first so he could protect who his son-in-law is taking for the Chiefs in the first round.

SNR
04-24-2012, 11:20 PM
That motherfucker Burflicts pain on his opponents.
Yeah, well you can't see it through your computer but right now I'm Burflicting you off

Chiefs Pantalones
04-24-2012, 11:27 PM
I just want a skill player at 11. I want a guy that can ball. No more reaches for once. Go with BPA, not need or right 53.

AustinChief
04-24-2012, 11:29 PM
I really like Brewster for us. Parcells has him as a third rounder and the guy projects as a good zone blocking center.

Yuck, Brewster is pretty much garbage. IF he goes before the 5th round it will be a HUGE reach. Not even in my top 5 of centers in a weak weak class.

Nightfyre
04-24-2012, 11:29 PM
Yuck, Brewster is pretty much garbage. IF he goes before the 5th round it will be a HUGE reach. Not even in my top 5 of centers in a weak weak class.

Haha. I think the Vision of the Wolverine has clouded you a little here. I'd take a shot on him in the fifth.

AustinChief
04-25-2012, 02:17 AM
Haha. I think the Vision of the Wolverine has clouded you a little here. I'd take a shot on him in the fifth.

Well, maybe a little... but I really don't think he's a good value until late 5th/6th round.

Frosty
04-25-2012, 07:45 AM
That mother****er Burflicts pain on his opponents after the whistle.

FYP

Chiefnj2
04-25-2012, 07:48 AM
Parcells isn't out there evaluating players and tape. Someone did the work for him.

ChiefRocka
04-25-2012, 07:54 AM
Parcells isn't out there evaluating players and tape. Someone did the work for him.

I can totally see this as a hobby of his. All the man does is eat, sleep and
shit football.

suds79
04-25-2012, 08:23 AM
Bill Parcells 7 criteria for QB check list shown last night...

1) At least a three-year starter
2) Started at least 30 games
3) Won at least 20 games
4) At least a 2:1 touchdown-to-interception ratio (assuming 2011)
5) Completion percentage better than 60% (assuming 2011)
6) Is a senior
7) Is graduating

Lets see how guys we have a shot at stack up.

Ryan Tannehill:
4 - Check
5 - Check
6 - Check
7 - No idea. Strong possibility being senior

Brock Osweiler:
4 - Check
5 - Check

Nick Foles:
1 - Check
2 - Check
4 - Check
5 - Check (69.1%)
6 - Check

Brandon Weeden:
3 - Check
4 - Check (37 TD to 13 Int. Crushed it)
5 - Check (72.3%)
6 - CHeck

Kirk Cousins:
1 - Check
2 - Check
3 - Check
4 - Check
5 - Check
6 - Check

According to his criteria, Kirk Cousins, Nick Foles and then Brandon Weeden are the best bets for guys we could have a shot at.

Chiefshrink
04-25-2012, 08:39 AM
Sounds like he put Brockers first so he could protect who his son-in-law is taking for the Chiefs in the first round.

Or he is helping his son-in-law with a poker play to get teams like Philly/Dal to trade up.

Chiefshrink
04-25-2012, 08:40 AM

Pioli and his college scouts did the work:D

bsp4444
04-25-2012, 10:13 AM
Did the DT from Washington get overlooked? Alameda Ta'Amu?

Coogs
04-25-2012, 10:15 AM
Did the DT from Washington get overlooked? Alameda Ta'Amu?

See post #3

bsp4444
04-25-2012, 10:55 AM
Ah, missed that.

saphojunkie
04-25-2012, 10:58 AM
I just want a skill player at 11. I want a guy that can ball. No more reaches for once. Go with BPA, not need or right 53.

Our skill positions are well stocked. We need grunts. Not sexy, I know, but seriously.

We had an interior OL and a NT retire, and our running game/run defense were not great anyway. Drafting a guard/center and nose tackle with the first two picks make about 7 or 8 other positions better.

Look, on offense we have game-changers. We have ballers. We have play-makers: Bowe, Baldwin, Moeaki, Charles, Hillis, Breaston (ugh...I won't say McCluster). Any of them can, and have, taken over games. (Breaston sticks out here, but he had multiple games in AZ with 9 catches for a buck-fifty and a score).

On defense, with Berry, Flowers, Routt, Lewis, Arenas, DJ, Hali, and Houston, we have players who can get after the QB and make plays on the ball. We need the defensive line to be a brick wall. It just isn't right now.

Bringing in DeCastro improves:

LG - Lilja is getting older and weaker
C - Hudson can take over the position, where we don't have one at all.
RB - Opening holes in the middle, pulling, instead of three yards and a cloud of dust.
QB - Matt Cassel needs roughly 118 minutes to make a second read
WR2 - Baldwin would very much like to run a deep route, thx

Add to that the longevity of the position, and that he's only ranked behind Kalil because guard is valued less than tackle, and it's kind of a no-brainer.

Besides, these days the pass rush is coming up the middle more and more. The QB can step up in the pocket to avoid an edge rush, but if the pocket collapses in front of him...that's when dudes land on IR.

Dayze
04-25-2012, 11:02 AM
We are one elite guard away from a dynasty

Frosty
04-25-2012, 11:21 AM
We are one elite guard away from a dynasty

Draft a guard so you don't get fired!

Incredible Insider Tip: Draft Quarterbacks: "It's a quarterback league" -- everyone says this of today's NFL. Yet a surprising number of NFL teams behave as though they don't believe it, not investing in quarterbacks nor trying over and over again until they find a quality signal-caller.

Consider: Of last season's 12 playoff teams, eight started a quarterback drafted in the first round, including three starting a quarterback drafted first overall. Three others started a second-round quarterback. Only one of the 12 playoff teams, the New England Patriots, reached the postseason without a first- or second-round-drafted quarterback on the roster. Based on 11 of 12 playoff teams having high-drafted quarterbacks, you'd think there would be a line forming to call the names of quarterbacks.

Yet last season there were five NFL teams that did not have a first- or second-round drafted quarterback on the roster: Buffalo, Cleveland, Dallas, Kansas City and New England. And of the teams lacking a highly drafted quarterback, only one reached the postseason.

Perhaps you're thinking: "A team can always get a quarterback via trade or in free agency." Of the 12 playoff entrants, 11 started a quarterback who arrived via the draft and has been with the same team since his rookie season. Meanwhile of the three teams that in 2011 had no quarterback on the roster that they had drafted -- Buffalo, Seattle and Washington -- none made the postseason. Not just drafting quarterbacks high, but getting quarterbacks as rookies and sticking with them through thick and thin, closely associates with NFL success.

Even though there is overwhelming evidence that using high draft choices on quarterbacks is essential to victory in the modern NFL, while trying to economize on quarterbacks is a formula for watching the playoffs from a couch, some teams try to skimp. It seems all but inevitable that at least one quarterback-hungry club will pass on a highly regarded quarterback in this week's NFL draft, and then by next Christmas be lamenting its also-ran status.

One reason not all NFL teams go strong for quarterbacks is that coaches and general managers are concerned with avoiding criticism. Drafting a quarterback high exposes the coach and general manager to jeering if the player fails, whereas if a highly drafted lineman or linebacker becomes a bust, few remember.

Being wrong about JaMarcus Russell, a quarterback drafted first overall, led to Oakland head coach Lane Kiffin being fired after a single season. Being wrong about Ryan Leaf, a quarterback drafted second overall, ended the career of San Diego general manager Bobby Beathard. Being wrong about Akili Smith, a quarterback drafted third overall, all but ended the career of Cincinnati coach Bruce Coslet. In contrast hardly anyone remembers what coach or general manager (or even what team) picked Dwayne Robertson, Mike Williams, Tyson Jackson or Aaron Curry, major-disappointment linemen or linebackers chosen with recent top-five draft selections.

Want to win an NFL playoff game? Invest high draft choices in a quarterback, then stick with him. Want to keep your name from being mentioned on sports-talk radio? Pass on quarterbacks high in the draft.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2012/story/_/id/7846997/tmq-takes-rightful-turn-mocking-mock-drafts