PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft 2012 Chiefs 7 Round Draft from Walterfootball

royr17
04-24-2012, 10:16 PM
Gots to be one of the worse mock drafts i've seen, what are you guys takes on it.

1. OG David DeCastro Stanford
2. QB Brandon Weeden Oklahoma State
3. DT Josh Chapman Alabama
4. CB Ryan Steed Furman
5. DE/OLB Bruce Irvin West Virginia
6. FS Aaron Henry Wisconsin
7. OT Andrew Datko Florida State
8. WR Jordan White Western Michigan

Sorter
04-24-2012, 10:17 PM
Chapman, Irvin, Henry, and Datko can stay. Everyone else can gtfo.

Mr_Tomahawk
04-24-2012, 10:17 PM
Swap Weeden for Oz and I would be game.

Direckshun
04-24-2012, 10:18 PM
Those first three rounds make the most sense of the whole thing to me.

I'd be less enthused about DeCastro, but I'd get it. Weeden, well, everybody knows I've been on a Weeden kick this offseason. And Chapman in the third is a franchise nose tackle.

Steed is a cover corner, so he makes sense, albeit two or three rounds too early. Irvin and Henry are solid picks, and Datko's a steal in the 7th.

All in all, it's an A- to me. A B- overall but you get a big upgrade with me if you draft a franchise QB.

BossChief
04-24-2012, 10:21 PM
I'd probably throw things if those are our first two picks.

royr17
04-24-2012, 10:21 PM
Those first three rounds make the most sense of the whole thing to me.

I'd be less enthused about DeCastro, but I'd get it. Weeden, well, everybody knows I've been on a Weeden kick this offseason. And Chapman in the third is a franchise nose tackle.

Steed is a cover corner, so he makes sense, albeit two or three rounds too early. Irvin and Henry are solid picks, and Datko's a steal in the 7th.

All in all, it's an A- to me. A B- overall but you get a big upgrade with me if you draft a franchise QB.

I might get hell for this but i'd rather draft cousins in the 2nd or 3rd then weeden cause he will be 28 and osweiler who if gets rush plays out of control. a good qb coach can help cousins with developing that throw that he has difficulty doing, granted yes he has a weak arm, but he is a field general and a game manager.

royr17
04-24-2012, 10:22 PM
yea 1st i think we should trade back and acquire more picks in the 2nd i think we should go nose tackle.

evolve27
04-24-2012, 10:24 PM
I like the mock. My only concern about Weeden is that he only runs out of the shotgun.

Direckshun
I might get hell for this but i'd rather draft cousins in the 2nd or 3rd then weeden cause he will be 28 and osweiler who if gets rush plays out of control. a good qb coach can help cousins with developing that throw that he has difficulty doing, granted yes he has a weak arm, but he is a field general and a game manager.

I know. Everybody hates Weeden. I've gone rounds about it.

At this point, two days to go, I think I'm just going to save my energy on Weeden. If we draft the kid, somebody's going to have to take everybody on and stand up for the guy.

If we draft him, and I think we should, that guy will be me.

I believe the Chiefs will not, though. I believe they will grab Cousins or Osweiler in the third, or Lindley in the 5th.

Mr. Laz
I might get hell for this but i'd rather draft cousins in the 2nd or 3rd then weeden cause he will be 28 and osweiler who if gets rush plays out of control. a good qb coach can help cousins with developing that throw that he has difficulty doing, granted yes he has a weak arm, but he is a field general and a game manager.He'll be 29

Trevo_410
04-24-2012, 10:25 PM
Ive heard alot of good things about white... no love here?

Sorter
04-24-2012, 10:27 PM

I know it is horrible to judge a prospect off of one game, but seriously, just go back and watch the film of Cousins vs Georgia this year. It will make you go, "Wow, people are talking about this guy in the 2nd round? fdp

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/owBOdv4BITA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

royr17
04-24-2012, 10:28 PM

At this point, two days to go, I think I'm just going to save my energy on Weeden. If we draft the kid, somebody's going to have to take everybody on and stand up for the guy.

I believe the Chiefs will not, though. I believe they will grab Cousins or Osweiler in the third, or Lindley in the 5th.

I dont hate weeden, i've seen weeden play and like him alot, i just hate his age, i think he'll fall to the 3rd day cause of it.

BigMeatballDave
04-24-2012, 10:28 PM
Swap Weeden for Oz and I would be game.2nd round is too early for both.

BigMeatballDave
04-24-2012, 10:30 PM
I dont hate weeden, i've seen weeden play and like him alot, i just hate his age, i think he'll fall to the 3rd day cause of it.

I wouldnt be surprised if he falls to the 5th.

evolve27
04-24-2012, 10:31 PM

He doesn't play under center either. I wouldn't mind running a spread if it means better offensive productivity.

Mr_Tomahawk
04-24-2012, 10:32 PM
Cousins is terrible. Wouldn't take him undrafted...

Chief Roundup
04-24-2012, 10:39 PM
Swap Weeden for Oz and I would be game.

Don't get why people like Osweiler. He only has 14 starts in college he is 6'8" and is going to have trouble with being easy to read because of his height. Gruden even touched on it with him.

Mr_Tomahawk
04-24-2012, 10:40 PM
Don't get why people like Osweiler. He only has 14 starts in college he is 6'8" and is going to have trouble with being easy to read because of his height. Gruden even touched on it with him.

So your saying we should draft Kellen Moore?

SNR
04-24-2012, 10:41 PM
What you see from Cousins on film is about what you're going to get in the pros. The potential for growth out of Cousins in the NFL is pretty damn small.

We have absolutely zero use for him on the Chiefs roster. A team like Seattle or Chicago could absolutely use him as a backup. But we already have a better version of Cousins on the roster who has a better arm and showed in his time during college that his growth potential hasn't stopped yet.

If there's a QB we draft that will make me throw babies into wood chippers, it's Cousins

Chief Roundup
04-24-2012, 10:43 PM
So your saying we should draft Kellen Moore?

Absolutely not.

BossChief
04-24-2012, 10:43 PM
For me, it's either Tannehill or nothing.

I'll take my chances with Stanzi over the rest of these guys.

Chief Roundup
04-24-2012, 10:45 PM

this

SNR
04-24-2012, 10:47 PM

I'll take my chances with Stanzi over the rest of these guys.Weeden, Osweiler, Foles, Lindley, Coleman, or any of those guys will have me angry.

Cousins, however, would make me IRATE.

I kid you not. Babies. In wood chippers.

Then I'd start a thread about it and load it up with puns

Sorter
04-24-2012, 10:48 PM
What you see from Cousins on film is about what you're going to get in the pros. The potential for growth out of Cousins in the NFL is pretty damn small.

We have absolutely zero use for him on the Chiefs roster. A team like Seattle or Chicago could absolutely use him as a backup. But we already have a better version of Cousins on the roster who has a better arm and showed in his time during college that his growth potential hasn't stopped yet.

If there's a QB we draft that will make me throw babies into wood chippers, it's Cousins

^^^This. He has no/limited upside imo.

aturnis
04-24-2012, 11:04 PM

I'll take Tannehill. I've come to terms. He's not as scary as he seems, but still a little risky. If it's not Tannehill, I'd prefer Kellen Moore. He gets a really bad rap, but I think between he and Stanzi, one of them is bound to be better than the status quo. Also, fuck Quinn.

Tombstone RJ
04-24-2012, 11:16 PM
Weeden makes a lot of sense. He'll push Cassel immediately.

Sorter
04-24-2012, 11:20 PM
Weeden makes a lot of sense. He'll push Cassel immediately.

Why? Because of his age he'll be able to understand our offense and take snaps under center? Or he'll be able to magically make Pioli realize Cassel was a bust? I don't think Weeden is horrible, but the idea he will come into our situation and immediately compete is just conjecture at best. Romeo isn't going to give him a go-ahead over Quinn, and seems to be high on Stanzi.

Mecca
04-24-2012, 11:34 PM

Actually what Gruden told him was to make his size his advantage not his disadvantage.

Sorter
04-24-2012, 11:40 PM
Actually what Gruden told him was to make his size his advantage not his disadvantage.

He did both.

Mecca
04-24-2012, 11:43 PM
Personally, I like Brock Osweiler but the odds of this team picking a QB this year are pretty low.

veist
04-25-2012, 01:06 AM
I'll take Tannehill. I've come to terms. He's not as scary as he seems, but still a little risky. If it's not Tannehill, I'd prefer Kellen Moore. He gets a really bad rap, but I think between he and Stanzi, one of them is bound to be better than the status quo. Also, fuck Quinn.

The positive thing about Tannehill is pretty much every significant problem he has is pretty easily correctable. Obviously no guarantees but it could be a lot worse.

keg in kc
04-25-2012, 01:27 AM
I think we'll take DeCastro, but I'd be really surprised if they drafted a QB above the 5th round, and utterly stunned if it was Weeden.

OzarksChiefsFan
04-25-2012, 01:33 AM
Foles is more accurate and more NFL ready than Weeden or Cousins.

ct
04-25-2012, 08:57 AM

I'm w/ you on Weeden, but I'd be surprised if he's still on the board for our 2nd.

I'd be very cool w/ DeCastro @11 even, but would prefer to move back a few if possible. Chapman in the 3rd is terrific, imo.

Coogs
04-25-2012, 09:02 AM

This big time!

Chiefnj2
04-25-2012, 09:06 AM
If KC doesn't take a QB in round 1 or 2 and commit to them, then they shouldn't bother drafting one this year. Just give the snaps to Stanzi.

the Talking Can
04-25-2012, 09:10 AM

yup

KurtCobain
04-25-2012, 09:10 AM
I think Im falling in love with weeden. I hope we draft him.

the Talking Can
04-25-2012, 09:13 AM
reposting myself:

yeah, so on espn this morning McShay's latest had Claiborne going 3, Keuchly 5, and Floyd 10...he had Gilmore going 9th, I think

but what if Gilmore is there at 11? is he a no brainer pick, or a pass?

Chiefnj2
04-25-2012, 09:50 AM
reposting myself:

yeah, so on espn this morning McShay's latest had Claiborne going 3, Keuchly 5, and Floyd 10...he had Gilmore going 9th, I think

but what if Gilmore is there at 11? is he a no brainer pick, or a pass?

I'm prejudiced in that I love bump and run physical corners. That's why I like Kikrpatrick over Gilmore, he's more physical. He can disrupt patterns at the line which I think will be important going against Manning, Rivers, etc. From everything I've read Gilmore has no red flags which would make him very appealing to Pioli. It would be a good pick. As good as anything else that is likely to be available at 11.