PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs My pre-draft wishlist.... what's yours?

John_Wayne
04-25-2012, 08:06 PM
My wishlist:

LB Luke Kuechly
NT Alameda Ta'amu
QB Kirk Cousins

If the Chiefs were to draft these three guys, the rest would be gravy. But, I don't know how they'll get all three guys in just three rounds. Kuechly may or may not be there at 11. I'm usually an advocate of trading down. But, I don't think they can trade down and still get Kuechly. Ta'amu will have to be taken in the 2nd. But, he may go higher than out 44th pick. And, Cousins may not last to our 3rd round pick. I could see the Chiefs getting 2 of these three, but all 3 would be miracle.

If the Chiefs draft Cousins, I'd be OK with carrying 4 QBs this year. Then, next year, dump Cassel and let Stanzi, Cousins and Brady battle it out. I like the odds of one of those young QBs developing into a good starting QB.

What does your wishlist look like? We can dream, can't we?

DeezNutz
04-25-2012, 08:07 PM
...and a steak.

Bugeater
04-25-2012, 08:08 PM
You to never, ever post again.

OnTheWarpath58
04-25-2012, 08:09 PM

LMAO

Mr_Tomahawk
04-25-2012, 08:10 PM
My wishlist:

LB Luke Kuechly
NT Alameda Ta'amu
QB Kirk Cousins

If we draft Cousins...I'll step on puppies.

If we go Kuechly->Ta'amu->Oz....I'll be OKAY with that.

pr_capone
trade down and pick up Konz + an extra 2/3rd rounder.

pr_capone

LMAO

dilligaf
04-25-2012, 08:11 PM
1. DeCastro 2. Doug Martin and then some QB at some point.

Mr. Laz
04-25-2012, 08:11 PM
cousins?

John_Wayne
04-25-2012, 08:12 PM
...and a steak. I grilled steak, potatoes and veggies for dinner tonight.

John_Wayne
04-25-2012, 08:13 PM
Thoughts on Ta'amu?

milkman
04-25-2012, 08:19 PM
Thoughts on Ta'amu?

Go read the threads already started, you useless fucking tool.

Hog Farmer
04-25-2012, 08:21 PM
Thoughts on Ta'amu?

Sux!

What else yo want to know ?

BryanBusby
cousins?

More weak arm qbs ty

KC Hawks
I would murder Pioli if he drafts Coochlie and Cousins.

Saul Good
04-25-2012, 08:23 PM
If we draft Cousins...I'll step on puppies.

If we go Kuechly->Ta'amu->Oz....I'll be OKAY with that.

Replace Kuechly with Brockers, and you're on. Give me Molk, too.

pr_capone
04-25-2012, 08:26 PM

THIS

/this poster is a fucking genius

Easy 6
04-25-2012, 08:29 PM
I'm neither here nor there on Kuechly, while he's not the ferocious heat seeking monster i want at ILB, he's apparently one of the best coverage players at that position to come out in a long time... i could live with it, i guess.

Yes on Ta'amu, he's my vision of the next Wilfork/Hampton/Williams, but who the hell knows what thought process is going on at Arrowhead... they might decide to go Brockers at end, and trust in Powe, Gordon & maybe Gregg to platoon NT... but yeah, i'm sold on Ta'amu as the prototype plug based on what i've watched.

If we take a qb, my gut really says Osweiller, based on what i've seen & heard. Something tells me Pioli see's a little bit of Brady in him.

The Walter mock that royr17 posted the other night was perfect imo, atleast as far as positional breakdown, i thought it was a nice mix & the more i think about it, the more i could get behind DeCastro... that could conceiveably give us a line that could play together completely unchanged for atleast the next 3-4 years.

In the short & sweet, just get players that pan out on some level with every pick... i'm not enough of a draftnik to have locks at every pick, especially this year... all i DEMAND this year is a NT.

edit - i also really want a secret gem of a rb back to hide away on the ps, a do it all type who goes atleast 220... just in case.

Bewbies
04-25-2012, 08:37 PM
They don't make enough booze to handle my reaction to our top 3 picks looking like that.

beach tribe
04-25-2012, 08:40 PM
1st) Barron. Berry moves to FS, even though I think he makes the most impact at SS, it's just a notch lower at Free, and Barron becomes a total Beast at SS.

2nd) Oz. I'm not even sure he's available in the 2nd.

3rd) Chapman. Needs no explanation

4th) Nigel Bradham
5th) McNutt
6th) Nate Potter
7thx2) Burfict,l BPA

Saul Good
04-25-2012, 08:43 PM
I'm neither here nor there on Kuechly, while he's not the ferocious heat seeking monster i want at ILB, he's apparently one of the best coverage players at that position to come out in a long time... i could live with it, i guess.

Yes on Ta'amu, he's my vision of the next Wilfork/Hampton/Williams, but who the hell knows what thought process is going on at Arrowhead... they might decide to go Brockers at end, and trust in Powe, Gordon & maybe Gregg to platoon NT... but yeah, i'm sold on Ta'amu as the prototype plug based on what i've watched.

If we take a qb, my gut really says Osweiller, based on what i've seen & heard. Something tells me Pioli see's a little bit of Brady in him.

The Walter mock that royr17 posted the other night was perfect imo, atleast as far as positional breakdown, i thought it was a nice mix & the more i think about it, the more i could get behind DeCastro... that could conceiveably give us a line that could play together completely unchanged for atleast the next 3-4 years.

In the short & sweet, just get players that pan out on some level with every pick... i'm not enough of a draftnik to have locks at every pick, especially this year... all i DEMAND this year is a NT.

edit - i also really want a secret gem of a rb back to hide away on the ps, a do it all type who goes atleast 220... just in case.

We aren't at a spot where we need players to pan out. We have serviceable players at every spot. We can afford to take chances on boom or bust players because we don't have any gaping holes.

BryanBusby
04-25-2012, 08:48 PM
1st) David DeCatro, OG Stanford
2nd) Kevin Zeitler, OG Winsconsin
3rd) Brandon Brooks, OG Miami Oh.
4th) Tony Bergstrom, OG Utah
5th) Ryan Miller, OG Colorado
6th) Desmond Wynn, OG Rutgers
7th) Kellen Moore, Super Bowl MVP Boise State
7th) Adam Gettis, OG Iowa (YEAHHHH IOWA PICK HERE GUYS)

hometeam
04-25-2012, 08:48 PM
1 and 2 im in on. 3? not so much.

Rausch
04-25-2012, 08:53 PM
OG DeCastro
NT Alameda Ta'amu
BAA

I'd prefer another "Phat Back" here (FB/HB) because I don't think Hillis can be depended on long term and it's still a position of need...

pr_capone
04-25-2012, 08:53 PM
You know what would be a great idea? If the Chiefs traded down and picked up Konz in the first. Hudson to RG. KC's O-Line is shored up for a good long time PLUS they get and extra 2nd or 3rd to throw at someone.

Rausch
04-25-2012, 08:55 PM
You know what would be a great idea? If the Chiefs traded down and picked up Konz in the first. Hudson to RG. KC's O-Line is shored up for a good long time PLUS they get and extra 2nd or 3rd to throw at someone.

Hudson is good depth at G but quality stuff at C.

Hoover
04-25-2012, 08:57 PM
Would like to continue to invest in the defense. Use a 2nd or 3rd for a OC or OG

BryanBusby
04-25-2012, 08:57 PM

That's a pretty bad idea.

pr_capone
04-25-2012, 08:58 PM
That's a pretty bad idea.

I disagree.

http://i.imgur.com/ekJVq.jpg

Easy 6
04-25-2012, 08:59 PM
We aren't at a spot where we need players to pan out. We have serviceable players at every spot. We can afford to take chances on boom or bust players because we don't have any gaping holes.

Wouldnt picking boom or bust style, ensure gaping holes down the road?

Thats fine, call your shots, who ya got? we're all just guessing & having fun with it, anyway.

BryanBusby
04-25-2012, 08:59 PM
Okay you're welcome to disagree, but drafting a Center who'd be a bad fit and with medical issues sounds like a pretty awful first round pick to me.

John_Wayne
04-25-2012, 09:15 PM
You know what would be a great idea? If the Chiefs traded down and picked up Konz in the first. Hudson to RG. KC's O-Line is shored up for a good long time PLUS they get and extra 2nd or 3rd to throw at someone. I'm almost always an advocate of trading down. I could live with your idea.

John_Wayne
04-25-2012, 09:15 PM

You must think we're weak at OG?

BryanBusby
04-25-2012, 09:16 PM
trade down to draft more guards would be a fantastic idea, but we'd miss out on David DeCastro

Rausch
04-25-2012, 09:18 PM
trade down to draft more guards would be a fantastic idea, but we'd miss out on David DeCastro

LMAO

Rausch
04-25-2012, 09:20 PM
Okay you're welcome to disagree, but drafting a Center who'd be a bad fit and with medical issues sounds like a pretty awful first round pick to me.

Uh, yeah...

KCDC
04-25-2012, 09:21 PM
I would murder Pioli if he drafts Coochlie and Cousins.

The FBI might be visiting you soon.

BryanBusby
04-25-2012, 09:22 PM
Federal Booby Inspectors aw yeah

pr_capone
04-25-2012, 09:24 PM
I'm almost always an advocate of trading down. I could live with your idea.

Then I am sold... It is a horrible idea.

/off to find another player to lust after

KCDC
04-25-2012, 09:26 PM
My pre-draft wish list is that we trade our first and next year's first for Drew Brees and then enjoy dominating the league for the next 5 years.

morphius
04-25-2012, 09:28 PM
I have honestly reached the point that I don't think I can be remotely excited about our first round pick. Every player that is available to us is either at a position that shouldn't be drafted that early, or is suffering from enough flaws that the chances of them being a worth a crap in the short term is very unlikely. Yipee...

Bump
04-25-2012, 09:33 PM
trade down and get at least an extra 3rd and get Hightower, DeCastro, Brockers or somebody else.

This is a weak year for picks 10-20 IMO, we're gonna get 2nd round talent with our first pick.

Bewbies
04-25-2012, 09:33 PM

LMAO

BryanBusby
04-25-2012, 09:34 PM
Then I am sold... It is a horrible idea.

/off to find another player to lust after

lol

Sorter
04-25-2012, 09:47 PM
My wishlist:

LB Luke Kuechly
NT Alameda Ta'amu
QB Kirk Cousins

If the Chiefs were to draft these three guys, the rest would be gravy. But, I don't know how they'll get all three guys in just three rounds. Kuechly may or may not be there at 11. I'm usually an advocate of trading down. But, I don't think they can trade down and still get Kuechly. Ta'amu will have to be taken in the 2nd. But, he may go higher than out 44th pick. And, Cousins may not last to our 3rd round pick. I could see the Chiefs getting 2 of these three, but all 3 would be miracle.

If the Chiefs draft Cousins, I'd be OK with carrying 4 QBs this year. Then, next year, dump Cassel and let Stanzi, Cousins and Brady battle it out. I like the odds of one of those young QBs developing into a good starting QB.

Horrible. Sorry, but Cousins will never be remotely productive. Ta'amu is ok, would rather have Chapman. Finally, Kuechly is meh. Calling a draft of these 3 a miracle is beyond idiocy IMO.

evolve27
04-25-2012, 09:55 PM
Getting laid!

Rausch
04-25-2012, 09:57 PM
Getting laid!

You'll get a 1st round QB first but good on you for thinking big...

Easy 6
04-25-2012, 10:22 PM
Getting laid!

LMAO the only wish that really matters.

John_Wayne
04-25-2012, 10:47 PM
Horrible. Sorry, but Cousins will never be remotely productive. Ta'amu is ok, would rather have Chapman. Finally, Kuechly is meh. Calling a draft of these 3 a miracle is beyond idiocy IMO. You're jeolous of my pre-draft wishlist. Get over yourself. :p

SNR
04-26-2012, 01:20 AM
If the draft went the way described in the OP:

TV: "The Kansas City Chiefs select... Luke Kuechly, LB, Boston College"
Me: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU

*time elapses*

Me: UUUUUUUUUUUUU*******!!!
TV: The Kansas City Chiefs select... Alameda Ta'amu, NT, Washington
Me: Ehh... whatever. But Jesus Christ Luke Kuechly? Fucking damn it shit rape ass nigger lick foreskin puke diarrhea....

*time elapses*

Me: *waiting for 3rd round pick, still pissed about Kuechly*
TV: The Kansas City Chiefs select... Kirk Cousins, QB, Michigan State
Me: *stares at screen in a trance for 5 minutes*
*calmly goes to closet, gets shotgun from the top of the shelf, shoves up own ass, and pulls the trigger, blows a hole through the top of own skull*

pr_capone
04-26-2012, 01:23 AM
If the draft went the way described in the OP:

TV: "The Kansas City Chiefs select... Luke Kuechly, LB, Boston College"
Me: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU

*time elapses*

Me: UUUUUUUUUUUUU*******!!!
TV: The Kansas City Chiefs select... Alameda Ta'amu, NT, Washington
Me: Ehh... whatever. But Jesus Christ Luke Kuechly? ****ing damn it shit rape ass ****er lick foreskin puke diarrhea....

*time elapses*

Me: *waiting for 3rd round pick, still pissed about Kuechly*
TV: The Kansas City Chiefs select... Kirk Cousins, QB, Michigan State
Me: *stares at screen in a trance for 5 minutes*
*calmly goes to closet, gets shotgun from the top of the shelf, shoves up own ass, and pulls the trigger, blows a hole through the top of own skull*

make sure you stretch your big toe out before you try to use it to work the trigger. the last thing you want to have happen while buckshot passes through your body is a toe cramp.

veist
04-26-2012, 03:00 AM

You know who else can cover from that position? A fucking nickelback. If Herm was still coaching and he was committed to running the Tampa-2 then Kuechly would make some sense because he might be the next guy that can play Mike in the Tampa-2 but we aren't so what is the point of drafting a Ted that has good cover skills, no pass rush skills and has pretty much never blown up a blocker in his life?

Not really trying to single you out here just tired of people talking about his coverage skills like they're a meaningful reason why we should drop a high pick on him.

Chiefnj2
04-26-2012, 06:06 AM
My top 11
1. Griffin
2. Luck
3. Claiborne
4. Richardson
5. Kalil
6. Blackmon
7. Cox
8. Barron
9. Tannehill *
10. Kirkpatrick
11. DeCastro

* I really don't think Tannehill is that good, but I so desperately want dumbass Pioli to develop a QB I'm willing to do it this year. He's not going to move up next year either and KC will be left with someone like Landry Jones, or another prospect with just as many question marks.

Round 2 prospects I'd be happy with, in no particular order:

Perry, H. Smith, Zeitler, Hill, Jenkins, Konz, Massie, Weeden, Ta'amu (a reach).

Round 3:
Tru Johnson, Schwartz, Osemele, Chapman, Pead, Illoka, Martin.

bevischief
04-26-2012, 06:10 AM
Thoughts on Ta'amu?

draft planet go read...

Lightrise
04-26-2012, 06:42 AM
My wishlist:

LB Luke Kuechly
NT Alameda Ta'amu
QB Kirk Cousins

I'm frankly torn. DeCastro MIGHT be wise. Not only for the long term, but I've always been concerned about the rush up the middle given our QB who does not have a quick release and is poor with progressions and horrible with the deep ball. So I think a minimum of another second (lol) of time could help. But how much of that do we get? Also, I'm thinking of the next QB and time here could help a rookie as well. However, with Manning in the division for at least a few years means we have to draft to manage a split at a minimum with Denver. This tells me it should be Barron the safety with a guard upgrade in the 3rd. I want Weeden in the 2nd. Age is a non-factor here, and I think Weeden could play by mid-season if its slipping away. Then if that doesn't work we try again for one of next year's QB's and say goodbye to Cassel. Finally, I have little hope we find much other than some special team studs in the later rounds, look for a running back. Round 5 and later won't even make the team this year. If Weeden is gone take Osweiler, but I'm not sold on him based on the tape.

Lightrise
04-26-2012, 06:53 AM
My wishlist:

LB Luke Kuechly
NT Alameda Ta'amu
QB Kirk Cousins

Take a peek at this mock... http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d8288dbda/article/2012-nfl-mock-draft-teambyteam-picks-for-rounds-17

What impresses me is the Denver choices...if that happened Denver would have the best draft of all imo

Micjones
04-26-2012, 08:10 AM
Quarterback:
Ryan Tannehill
Kirk Cousins
Brandon Weeden

Runningback:
Doug Martin
Lamar Miller
Ronnie Hillman

Wide Receiver:
Marvin Jones
Marvin McNutt
A.J. Jenkins

Tight End:
Ladarius Green
James Hanna
Drake Dunsmore

Guard:
David DeCastro
Kevin Zeitler
Brandon Washington

Center:
Peter Konz
Ben Jones
David Molk

Nose Tackle:
Alameda Ta'amu
Josh Chapman
Hebron Fangupo

Outside Linebacker:
Shea McClellin
Bruce Irvin
Miles Burris

Inside Linebacker:
Luke Kuechly
Bobby Wagner
Vontaze Burfict

Cornerback:
Josh Robinson
Casey Heyward
Dwight Bentley

Safety:
George Iloka
Markelle Martin
Brandon Hardin

suds79
04-26-2012, 08:20 AM
Highest Wish list:
- Brock Osweiler (Think he just needs time to sit and learn which he'd get here. Has the tools to be our QBOTF)
- Alameda Ta'amu
- A trade down in the 1st. (or out of the 1st entirely to load up ammo for next year on a QB)

Fairly high wish list:
- Marvin McNutt (think he could be a nice big WR value pick)
- Terrance Gannaway (Good #2 power back we could get late. See him in a Michael Bush type of role)
- Nick Foles (3 year starter, consistent #s, big arm, want this guy if we can't get Osweiler)

Indifferent On:
Decastro or Kuechly. Not sure which one we'll get. Either or sounds like they'd serve us well. I can see benefits for either or. Not sure which one I want more.

Do not want:
Kirk Cousins (IMO he doesn't have any special skill set. Solid player. Maybe could be a Trent Green type which is nice but nothing elite. Simply tired of seeing Chief QBs without special tools. I've had my fill.)... Hoping someone else snatches him up before the Chiefs do.

Direckshun
04-26-2012, 08:23 AM
LB Luke Kuechly
NT Alameda Ta'amu
QB Kirk Cousins

I see both Kuechly and Cousins being Chiefs before this draft is over. I swear.

Ta'amu, I don't. There's really only one NT in this entire draft the Chiefs probably like.

I would not bet on the Chiefs drafting a NT unless Chapman falls.

Direckshun
04-26-2012, 08:24 AM

Blech.

Konz doesn't fit our scheme. He's a power run guy.

I really hope the Wisconsin OL thing dies after this draft.

After this draft, we will have passed on Gabe Carimi and Peter Konz. Edit: AND Kevin Zeitler.

The Chiefs don't like Wisconsin OL. Period.

Direckshun
04-26-2012, 08:25 AM
1. DeCastro 2. Doug Martin and then some QB at some point.

I don't see DeCastro as likely anymore. I give him about 5% odds to be a Chief.

Doug Martin... well. I love him, but I think he's going late 1st.

Direckshun
04-26-2012, 08:28 AM

Interesting post.

The idea that you need a "heat seeking missile" at SILB is an outdated notion. You need the player you need. Kuechly is basically Jarrod Mayo, a high-contributing, but low-impact player who will make very few plays, but will prevent a bunch of 3-yard runs from turning into 50-yard runs by being in the right place. And, also, playing really good coverage.

Ta'amu isn't prototype. He was never asked to be a prototype plugger in Washington. When draft season started, I was convinced that Ta'amu was more of a 1-gap NT or a 2-gap DE.

Slowly... I changed my mind. But now I've just since reverted. Ta'amu hasn't changed.

I see Osweiler as likely if he falls to the 3rd or 4th. He's a perfect Ryan Mallett type player that the Chiefs can acquire, not to takeover for Cassel but to groom, develop, and trade off for a higher pick.

Direckshun
04-26-2012, 08:29 AM

I'm willing to bet one of those three guards ends up a Chief:

Miller
Wynn
Gettis

They are tailor made for our scheme. Miller and Gettis especially.

Direckshun
04-26-2012, 08:30 AM
trade down and get at least an extra 3rd and get Hightower, DeCastro, Brockers or somebody else.

This is a weak year for picks 10-20 IMO, we're gonna get 2nd round talent with our first pick.

Hightower is a fit.

If we end up in the low 20s, he's a leading candidate.

Of the three you mentioned by name, though, Brockers is far and away the most likely to go at 11.

Direckshun
04-26-2012, 08:32 AM
Horrible. Sorry, but Cousins will never be remotely productive.

Maybe.

But teams love him, personally. They're just not sure if he can play.

So if he falls to something like the 5th, you draft him.

Develop him. Give him some time in the preseason and if he plays his way to the #2 spot, give him the ball when Cassel goes down.

Cousins will never be a franchise QB for this team, but if all this goes down, you can trade him off for a profit in a later year.

That's what the Patriots love to do, it's what Pioli loves to do.

John_Wayne
04-26-2012, 08:33 AM
Trade down?

Direckshun
04-26-2012, 08:35 AM
Round 2 prospects I'd be happy with, in no particular order:

Perry, H. Smith, Zeitler, Hill, Jenkins, Konz, Massie, Weeden, Ta'amu (a reach).

Round 3:
Tru Johnson, Schwartz, Osemele, Chapman, Pead, Illoka, Martin.

I'm of course on the Weeden train for the 2nd round pick.

Ta'amu, Zeitler, Perry, Konz... these players are not fits.

Jenkins is not worth a 2nd rounder anymore. And Hill will be gone by now.

Of the names on your 2nd rounders, I'd take Weeden, then Massie, then Smith.

Of your 3rd rounders, I'd go with Chapman easily. I like Pead and Osemele (who will be gone) a lot, and Schwartz.

Direckshun
04-26-2012, 08:36 AM
Quarterback:
Ryan Tannehill
Kirk Cousins
Brandon Weeden

Runningback:
Doug Martin
Lamar Miller
Ronnie Hillman

Wide Receiver:
Marvin Jones
Marvin McNutt
A.J. Jenkins

Tight End:
Ladarius Green
James Hanna
Drake Dunsmore

Guard:
David DeCastro
Kevin Zeitler
Brandon Washington

Center:
Peter Konz
Ben Jones
David Molk

Nose Tackle:
Alameda Ta'amu
Josh Chapman
Hebron Fangupo

Outside Linebacker:
Shea McClellin
Bruce Irvin
Miles Burris

Inside Linebacker:
Luke Kuechly
Bobby Wagner
Vontaze Burfict

Cornerback:
Josh Robinson
Casey Heyward
Dwight Bentley

Safety:
George Iloka
Markelle Martin
Brandon Hardin

A lot to like there.

But the sooner this board gets off its Burfict kick, the better.

Might not even be drafted, folks.

Direckshun
04-26-2012, 08:37 AM
Highest Wish list:
- Brock Osweiler (Think he just needs time to sit and learn which he'd get here. Has the tools to be our QBOTF)
- Alameda Ta'amu
- A trade down in the 1st. (or out of the 1st entirely to load up ammo for next year on a QB)

Fairly high wish list:
- Terrance Gannaway (Good #2 power back we could get late. See him in a Michael Bush type of role)
- Nick Foles (3 year starter, consistent #s, big arm, want this guy if we can't get Osweiler)

Indifferent On:
Decastro or Kuechly. Not sure which one we'll get. Either or sounds like they'd serve us well. I can see benefits for either or. Not sure which one I want more.

Do not want:
Kirk Cousins (IMO he doesn't have any special skill set. Solid player. Maybe could be a Trent Green type which is nice but nothing elite. Simply tired of seeing Chief QBs without special tools. I've had my fill.)... Hoping someone else snatches him up before the Chiefs do.

I, too, think people are sleeping on Nick Foles. I like him a lot as a midrounder. I don't know if the Chiefs do, however.

Simply Red
Drew Brees

Chiefnj2
My actual draft wish is that Pioli has Snyder on a table right now with his head in a vice convincing him to give us the #2 pick for 3 firsts and two 2nds.

Frosty
04-26-2012, 08:49 AM
I, too, think people are sleeping on Nick Foles. I like him a lot as a midrounder. I don't know if the Chiefs do, however.

I've been a Foles fan for quite a while. I would be happy with Tannehill, Osweiller or Foles out of this draft. I was kind of intrigued by Cousins after the Senior Bowl, thinking he was a Trent Green type of QB but I agree that the Chiefs already have a player like him in Stanzi. I would rather bet on the potential of the other three.

Frosty
04-26-2012, 08:50 AM
My actual draft wish is that Pioli has Snyder on a table right now with his head in a vice convincing him to give us the #2 pick for 3 firsts and two 2nds.

Probably have a better chance with the Colts.

Micjones
04-26-2012, 08:53 AM
A lot to like there.

But the sooner this board gets off its Burfict kick, the better.

Might not even be drafted, folks.

I'd use a 7th on him to avoid fighting other teams for his undrafted services.
We have two of them. Think of how huge it would be if you could get the kid's head on straight. A Top 5 talent for a 7th Round pick? I'd at LEAST draft him and bring him to camp.

Headcase or no headcase...he compares favorably to Ray "Frigging" Lewis.
As a player...I mean.
LMAO

Simply Red
04-26-2012, 08:53 AM
I'm pretty sure John_Wayne is Gunther_Fan - I'm also fairly certain that Gunther_Fan was actually nothing more than another Kotter mult.

Direckshun
04-26-2012, 08:56 AM
I've been a Foles fan for quite a while. I would be happy with Tannehill, Osweiller or Foles out of this draft. I was kind of intrigued by Cousins after the Senior Bowl, thinking he was a Trent Green type of QB but I agree that the Chiefs already have a player like him in Stanzi. I would rather bet on the potential of the other three.

I don't think the Chiefs care that they have Stanzi.

I think they love Stanzi and they want to keep Stanzi. I also think they're happy to throw him into the preseason fire against Quinn to see who comes out on top.

I am certain they will take Cousins if the price is right.

I really don't know how they feel about Foles, he's a hard read. But he carried a lousy offense for years with astonishing accuracy. His complete lack of athleticism doesn't bode well, however, to become a Chief.

Direckshun
04-26-2012, 08:57 AM
I'd use a 7th on him to avoid fighting other teams for his undrafted services.
We have two of them. Think of how huge it would be if you could get the kid's head on straight. A Top 5 talent for a 7th Round pick? I'd at LEAST draft him and bring him to camp.

Headcase or no headcase...he compares favorably to Ray "Frigging" Lewis.
As a player...I mean.
LMAO

LOL

I think he compares to Ray Lewis off the field. LMAO

Micjones
04-26-2012, 08:59 AM
LOL

I think he compares to Ray Lewis off the field. LMAO

That's why I clarified.

ChiefsHawk
04-26-2012, 08:59 AM
cousins is a poor mans stanzi. hes not as good of n american either

Direckshun
04-26-2012, 09:00 AM
cousins is a poor mans stanzi. hes not as good of n american either

Is anybody?

I'm pretty sure Ricky Stanzi and the guy who shot Bin Laden are neck and neck as the best Americans ever.

Chiefnj2
04-26-2012, 09:00 AM
I don't think the Chiefs care that they have Stanzi.

If you believe the book that followed KC/Pats/Atlanta's offseason last year, then you'd feel differently. The book made it seem like they really liked him. They tried to trade up for him a few times.

Direckshun
04-26-2012, 09:03 AM
If you believe the book that followed KC/Pats/Atlanta's offseason last year, then you'd feel differently. The book made it seem like they really liked him. They tried to trade up for him a few times.

Right.

I just mean that I don't think their interest in Cousins will be cooled by the fact that they have Stanzi.

I think it's very likely we head into OTAs with Cassel, Quinn, Stanzi, and Cousins.

Frosty
04-26-2012, 09:18 AM
I really don't know how they feel about Foles, he's a hard read. But he carried a lousy offense for years with astonishing accuracy. His complete lack of athleticism doesn't bode well, however, to become a Chief.

I think he could end up a Matt Ryan type player - not one of the top 5 or 6 QB's but pretty good. Especially if he gets some quality coaching. Stoops sucked.

However, afaik, the Chiefs have only met with Oz, Tannehill, and Cousins (not sure about Weeden) so it's unlikely they are looking at him.

ETA: ...and some small school QB's.

Direckshun
04-26-2012, 09:23 AM
I think he could end up a Matt Ryan type player - not one of the top 5 or 6 QB's but pretty good. Especially if he gets some quality coaching. Stoops sucked.

However, afaik, the Chiefs have only met with Oz, Tannehill, and Cousins (not sure about Weeden) so it's unlikely they are looking at him.

ETA: ...and some small school QB's.

Hard to tell who they've met with.

I'm more interested in seeing who fits. And I think Cousins fits more than any other QB in this draft.

Foles would be an awkward fit... I don't know.

Frosty
04-26-2012, 09:31 AM
Foles would be an awkward fit... I don't know.

I don't know. He can check down as well as Cassel :) but also throw it deep. Our new OC is supposed to like an attacking offense. Cassel and Cousins are kind of noodle armed for that kind of offense.

dilligaf
04-26-2012, 09:32 AM
I don't see DeCastro as likely anymore. I give him about 5% odds to be a Chief.

Doug Martin... well. I love him, but I think he's going late 1st.

Then trade back into the first and pick him up before Denver does. With Cassel as the QB for the foreseeable future, I want the best oline and ground game possible.

Direckshun
04-26-2012, 09:32 AM
I don't know. He can check down as well as Cassel :) but also throw it deep. Our new OC is supposed to like an attacking offense. Cassel and Cousins are kind of noodle armed for that kind of offense.

I remain on the Stanzi train. I think he'd be a great fit for it.

Frosty
04-26-2012, 09:34 AM
I remain on the Stanzi train. I think he'd be a great fit for it.

Well, it's about time that the Chiefs lucked into a franchise QB, but I'm not holding my breath.

SNR
04-26-2012, 10:02 AM
Right.

I just mean that I don't think their interest in Cousins will be cooled by the fact that they have Stanzi.

I think it's very likely we head into OTAs with Cassel, Quinn, Stanzi, and Cousins.The thing is... who's the worst QB on that list should the team only decide to keep 3 guys?

It's Cousins. But he won't get cut.

That's not progress. You're not building your QB roster in a good way by doing that.

Direckshun
04-26-2012, 10:07 AM
The thing is... who's the worst QB on that list should the team only decide to keep 3 guys?

That's not progress. You're not building your QB roster in a good way by doing that.

I think it was you telling me Stanzi and Quinn are both #2s.

I'm with you on that, if that was you who said it.

Bring in a low-rounder at QB and develop him at the #3 spot.

Pit Quinn and Stanzi against each other in preseason. Winner gets the clipboard. Loser goes elsewhere.

Easy 6
04-26-2012, 10:17 AM
You know who else can cover from that position? A ****ing nickelback. If Herm was still coaching and he was committed to running the Tampa-2 then Kuechly would make some sense because he might be the next guy that can play Mike in the Tampa-2 but we aren't so what is the point of drafting a Ted that has good cover skills, no pass rush skills and has pretty much never blown up a blocker in his life?

Not really trying to single you out here just tired of people talking about his coverage skills like they're a meaningful reason why we should drop a high pick on him.

I get what you're saying, you noticed i didnt have an overwhelmingly positive reaction to it.

Do we want or need a -at best- Donnie Edwards 2.0?

I'm not so sure myself.

Easy 6
04-26-2012, 10:21 AM
Ta'amu isn't prototype. He was never asked to be a prototype plugger in Washington. When draft season started, I was convinced that Ta'amu was more of a 1-gap NT or a 2-gap DE.

Based on what i've seen, he certainly could be a prototype 2 gap nose... i understand he didnt play that in college, and Tamba Hali didnt play 3-4 OLB in college, but his size & skill set translated perfectly to that in the NFL.

If Ta'amu can learn to bend his knees & play with better leverage, THATS a two gap NT.

suds79
04-26-2012, 10:25 AM

I think there's a lot to be interested in Foles if you're the Chiefs.

IMO he has the same resume as Cousins but with better size & arm.

Multiple year starer, Senior, good completion %, good #s (take that for what it's worth in college)

I suppose he doesn't have the winning record Cousins has but I think that's more a product of the teams they were playing on.

Yes, Foles isn't very athletic. But Scott Pioli's shining moment of getting a QB is Tom Brady who isn't athletic either.

brorth
04-26-2012, 10:32 AM
My wish list says:
Russell Wilson somewhere in the draft.
A real NT.
A sharp, mean Safety.
A Guard or Center, depending on how I feel about Hudson at the moment.
Russell Wilson somewhere in the draft.

DTLB58
04-26-2012, 10:58 AM
Highest Wish list:
- Alameda Ta'amu

Fairly high wish list:

Indifferent On:

Do not want:

YES on McNutt!

Stanzi to McNutt and Moeaki many TD's Get them on the field.

John_Wayne
04-26-2012, 10:58 AM
I remain on the Stanzi train. I think he'd be a great fit for it. I'm also on the Stanzi train. I think Cousins could be a good QB fit for us. I think Brady could be a late bloomer. He's been in bad situations since he was drafted. I would like the combo of 3 young QBs, all with upside and potential.

DTLB58
04-26-2012, 11:00 AM
Right.

I think it's very likely we head into OTAs with Cassel, Quinn, Stanzi, and Cousins.

They are gonna draft someone (QB) with the roster limit moved to 90.

Simply Red
04-26-2012, 11:01 AM
The thing is... who's the worst QB on that list should the team only decide to keep 3 guys?

http://i.imgur.com/y6b3P.gif (http://imgur.com/y6b3P)

whoman69
04-26-2012, 11:48 AM
I get what you're saying, you noticed i didnt have an overwhelmingly positive reaction to it.

Do we want or need a -at best- Donnie Edwards 2.0?

I'm not so sure myself.

Donnie Edwards never led the NCAA in tackles by a huge margin. The guy makes plays and he won't disappear on passing downs like Belcher.

DTLB58
04-26-2012, 11:50 AM
Any of the Bama Defensive players.

milkman
04-26-2012, 11:50 AM
Donnie Edwards never led the NCAA in tackles by a huge margin. The guy makes plays and he won't disappear on passing downs like Belcher.

And he's not going to make a damn bit of difference in coverage against the athletic TEs that he'd be asked to cover.