PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Say we did get a new QB......

CrazyHorse
04-26-2012, 02:34 PM
I know, we are stuck with what we have but lets just say we have a new QB to develop.

How do you feel about Zorn as QB coach? I know Cassel has never been great, but he was better before Zorn got here. Regardless how you feel about MC, he clearly took a step backwards since the 2010 season after Zorn.

We also had a new OC who was a converted line coach. Didnt we already try that when Herm Edwards was here. It looked very similar to me. He took a decent offense and turned it to shit.

Even if we drafted or signed a QB, Im not so sure we are in a position to develop one.

What you you think?

FRCDFED
04-26-2012, 02:35 PM
Still disappointed we ran Gailey out of town.

the Talking Can
04-26-2012, 02:35 PM
i think it is just another excuse

mdchiefsfan
04-26-2012, 02:36 PM
Last season's offense was a clusterf***. I will give Zorn the benefit of the doubt for now.

Bane
04-26-2012, 02:37 PM
Still disappointed we ran Gailey out of town.

Hind sight is 50/50.

SNR
04-26-2012, 02:38 PM
I'm going to worry about getting the right QB before I worry about replacing Zorn.

Zorn is probably an okay QB coach. That's good enough. If your QB is a piece of shit, not even the QB Whisperer can make a difference.

DeezNutz
04-26-2012, 02:38 PM
I know, we are stuck with what we have but lets just say we have a new QB to develop.

How do you feel about Zorn as QB coach? I know Cassel has never been great, but he was better before Zorn got here. Regardless how you feel about MC, he clearly took a step backwards since the 2010 season after Zorn.

We also had a new OC who was a converted line coach. Didnt we already try that when Herm Edwards was here. It looked very similar to me. He took a decent offense and turned it to shit.

Even if we drafted or signed a QB, Im not so sure we are in a position to develop one.

What you you think?

The Executive of the Decade doesn't know how to put a staff in place to develop a QB? The highest paid GM in the league cannot develop a QB?

You're right. We might be fucked.

CrazyHorse
04-26-2012, 02:47 PM
i think it is just another excuse

Why does it have to be one thing or the other? I would bet there were many reasons for the drop in production from our offense. Not the least of those might be injuries. But I am worried about trying to develop a new player. This is not an evaluation of Cassel. Its concern that is very realistic based on what happened on the field.

Micjones
04-26-2012, 02:48 PM
I still want one.

And I think Pioli will draft one.

Count Zarth
04-26-2012, 02:49 PM
Cassel sucking last year had nothing to do with Zorn.

He sucked in 09 without Zorn.

Frosty
04-26-2012, 02:53 PM
I vaguely remember a conversation about this exact subject.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=8567875#post8567875

SNR
04-26-2012, 02:56 PM
Why does it have to be one thing or the other? I would bet there were many reasons for the drop in production from our offense. Not the least of those might be injuries. But I am worried about trying to develop a new player. This is not an evaluation of Cassel. Its concern that is very realistic based on what happened on the field.
It was a mixture of:

1. Psycho head coach trying to prove he's smarter than everyone else by being unprepared for the regular season in a lockout year.

2. Charles injury

3. Without that crutch and facing a consistently higher level of competition on defense (not to mention potent offenses) our run-first offense was totally unprepared and weak against almost all competition

Personally, I love Jamaal Charles. Like, sexually. But he's a crutch. He's a crutch to a shit QB and an offense that has its head up its ass more often than not. Maybe that will change with Daboll, maybe not.

The QB change IS important. The coach is irrelevant as long as the right guy is in place. Zorn has a long history in the NFL as a QB coach. There's no reason whatsoever to think that he couldn't successfully work with the prospect we bring in. That's the key. The QB has to be good. No QB coach can make up for a lack of talent.

This team has had great QB coaches (Clements, Shea) before and look where that got us without the right QB.

ChiefMojo
04-26-2012, 03:01 PM
I think it is more not having the right QB. You put the right pieces around Cassell and have them clicking, he can look pretty darn decent (we have seen that in 2010).

There is talent on this team, to many supposed media experts say that but they also all come back to the one point... Kansas City needs a new starting QB if they want to win a Super Bowl (let alone win a playoff game).

I think Zorn is probably a pretty good QB Coach but he can't go out there and do it for Cassell. I mean Kyle Orton came in with hardly knowing the playbook and did a solid job.

BoneKrusher
04-26-2012, 03:05 PM
I'm going to worry about getting the right QB before I worry about replacing Zorn.

This^ :thumb:

Jawshco
04-26-2012, 05:04 PM
I hope we get Foles in the 3rd.

whoman69
04-26-2012, 06:08 PM
I vaguely remember a conversation about this exact subject.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=8567875#post8567875

Did it suck then too?

KCBOSS1
04-26-2012, 07:34 PM
don't know about Zorn. He was a terrible head coach, that was obvious. The only QB that I see on the board that was interesting after Luck and RGIII is Weeden. Could he possibly fall that far?