tredadda
04-26-2012, 07:29 PM
Powe or Poe?

Chiefnj2
04-26-2012, 07:29 PM
NT or DE?

petegz28
04-26-2012, 07:30 PM
He can play 5, 3, 2 and 1 techniques. Jack of all trades. Problem is the team he played for never let him play one technique so never had a chance to become good at one thing because he had to play them all.

Strong, can run.

Won't be starter unless he proves he can be.

Was on the radar before the draft. Had people on the board and as they went off he was still there.

petegz28
04-26-2012, 07:30 PM
Powe or Poe?

I'm so confused....:huh:

Thig Lyfe
04-26-2012, 07:31 PM
A little odd to have a press conference about last year's sixth rounder but I like his style!!!

BryanBusby
He can play 5, 3, 2 and 1 techniques. Jack of all trades. Problem is the team he played for never let him play one technique so never had a chance to become good at one thing because he had to play them all.

Strong, can run.

Was on the radar before the draft. Had people on the board and as they went off he was still there.

Did he really just say all this?

petegz28
Few guys in the "NT Cluster" but he was the one with the slight edge so they pulled the trigger.

petegz28
04-26-2012, 07:32 PM
Did he really just say all this?

Yes

Molitoth
04-26-2012, 07:33 PM
So trade down and get him later, sheesh

petegz28
04-26-2012, 07:33 PM
He will play the NT position

Think we all knew that but I thought there might be a chance of him playing DE...small chance but a chance

petegz28
04-26-2012, 07:34 PM

From what he said didn't sound like there were a lot of offers

BryanBusby
04-26-2012, 07:34 PM
Yes

Awesome, already got the excuses flowing for when Poe fucking sucks.

petegz28
04-26-2012, 07:35 PM
Basically what I took from it Romeo said he wasn't dominant because they moved him around too much on the line.

O.city
04-26-2012, 07:36 PM
He also had 3 different d coords in his time at Memphis.

Mayock said he can play all three downs in the NFL and push the pocket on pass downs the way Ngata does.

Fruit Ninja
04-26-2012, 07:37 PM

trade with WHO??? Philly had a partner and got who they wanted at 12. They didnt need the Chiefs. Chiefs waited til the last moment waiting for a trade partner, there was none!

Strongside
04-26-2012, 07:38 PM
trade with WHO??? Philly had a partner and got who they wanted at 12. They didnt need the Chiefs. Chiefs waited til the last moment waiting for a trade partner, there was none!

Rep added because White Pony is the best fucking shit ever.

KCBOSS1
04-26-2012, 07:40 PM

Mayock said he can play all three downs in the NFL and push the pocket on pass downs the way Ngata does.

Mayock also said that he had a mediocre college tape, spent too much time on the ground, did not get a lot of tackles. suucky

mnchiefsguy
04-26-2012, 07:41 PM

Mayock liked the pick then? I don't have nfln access, would be curious to know what he thought.

the Talking Can
04-26-2012, 07:42 PM

fml...

jesus christ the NT you just drafted at #11 better be able to beat out Meatbag Magee and Leroy Meatbags

The Dawg

Exactly! Good to see at least a few voices of reason amongst the chaos.

Fruit Ninja
Mayock liked the pick then? I don't have nfln access, would be curious to know what he thought.

he did. he said that Romeo can get alot of out the kid and was the right coach for him.

All we can do is wait and see. It was a pick of huge need.

ForeverChiefs58
04-26-2012, 07:43 PM
Hopefully our defense will be so good with Poe and Powe it will be illegal.

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4010/4581861375_5a96b5e7d3_z.jpg

ThatRaceCardGuy
04-26-2012, 07:43 PM
Mods...why is this guy still able to start threads ?

O.city
04-26-2012, 07:44 PM

Mayock said he had Ngata upside. That he could play all three downs, push the pocket and has the athleticism to dominate the LOS.

Said his tape was shitty, but didn't knwo if it was from bad coaching or what.

Gushed about the potential of Bailey, Poe, Houston, and Tamba in rush packages.

notorious
04-26-2012, 07:44 PM
Maylock also said he needed to start making tackles in the NFL since he didn't in Memphis.

They all laughed their asses off.

PHOG
04-26-2012, 07:45 PM
Few guys in the "NT Cluster" but he was the one with the slight edge so they pulled the trigger.

Yeah, in the left or right temple?

Strongside
04-26-2012, 07:46 PM
Maylock also said he needed to start making tackles in the NFL since he didn't in Memphis.

They all laughed their asses off.

Yeah, but right after that Faulk said his role would be a dirty one. Not to make tackles and questioned if he would be ok with that.

KCDC
04-26-2012, 07:47 PM
Great, you pick someone at #11 you aren't sure can start.

Sounds apologetic. They panicked. Barron and Keuchly disappeared. No one good was dropping to offer as trade bait. Only Philly was willing to trade and they knew Philly wanted a DT too, so they pulled the trigger on someone "marginally" better, rather than pick up a 4th round or 3 rd round pick. *sigh*

mnchiefsguy
04-26-2012, 07:49 PM
Mods...why is this guy still able to start threads ?

Well, they let you start threads......

It was a legit thread about Romeo's comments on Poe, I see no problem with it.

DaWolf
Basically what I took from it Romeo said he wasn't dominant because they moved him around too much on the line.

Petro had a beat writer on his show last week from Memphis talking about Poe. After listening to the interview I actually started thinking this is one of those guys that Pioli might take because once you dig into who he is a bit more, he's a different guy than you might think. Called him a hard worker and great character, a guy who has immense talent but who was stuck in a system and coaches who didn't take advantage of him. Said that the new staff at Memphis was split down two lines, one side wanting to change the defense to suit Poe, and the other side wanting to stick with their base system and make Poe fit it, and the latter won.

Anyway, boom or bust pick, he's either going to be dominant or a flop, but I think this speaks to how much influence Romeo actually does have on the direction the Chiefs go on some of these picks. I don't think this pick gets make if Romeo isn't pushing for it...

Nightfyre
I frankly doubted that they panicked. They wanted Poe from the get go. I hate the decision, but if anyone knows d-lineman, its RAC. Time to prove me wrong.

Chiefnj2
Pioli couldn't take Cody a few years back. Nope, had to have McCluster. Could have addressed the position then, but noooo, lets fuck up a first rounder a few years later.

beer bacon

The Conference USA is the second best football conference after the SEC. There is a lot of dominant OL in that conference, so I'm not surprised Poe had trouble.

Pasta Giant Meatball
04-26-2012, 07:50 PM
Mayock seemed convinced coaching was the biggest problem and that KC was a great landing spot for him.

mnchiefsguy
04-26-2012, 07:52 PM

Sounds apologetic. They panicked. Barron and Keuchly disappeared. No one good was dropping to offer as trade bait. Only Philly was willing to trade and they knew Philly wanted a DT too, so they pulled the trigger on someone "marginally" better, rather than pick up a 4th round or 3 rd round pick. *sigh*

Well, to be honest, Romeo said that no rookies start for him. Even Eric Berry didn't, so I would not read too much into that.

We are so dry at the NT position that I can't imagine Poe not starting day one.

The wildcard factor is what Romeo can do with him. If Romeo can "unleash the fury" like Jon Gruden suggested, then there is hope. If Romeo can't, we wasted a high pick.

Fact is, we could have moved up for minimal cost. We could have also moved down (Philly traded into the spot behind us, so we could have swung a deal with them), and still gotten Poe latter in the first.

I still don't like the pick, but am hopeful that I can be wrong. Chiefs needed a solid pick in the #11 spot, and instead they took a huge risk. I hope for all of us Chiefs fans that the risk pays off.

the Talking Can
04-26-2012, 07:52 PM
Pioli couldn't take Cody a few years back. Nope, had to have McCluster. Could have addressed the position then, but noooo, lets **** up a first rounder a few years later.

bingo

O.city
04-26-2012, 07:53 PM
Mayock loved the guy.

I actually usually listen to Mayock on this stuff, usually pretty spot on.

NIUhuskies
http://media.commercialappeal.com/media/img/photos/2012/04/26/appcrop-26poeweb_t607.jpg

the Talking Can
Pioli couldn't take Cody a few years back. Nope, had to have McCluster. Could have addressed the position then, but noooo, lets **** up a first rounder a few years later.

a guy who dominated in the sec wasn't good enough

a guy with a 23 sec highlight reel from the NAIA was....

mnchiefsguy
Mayock seemed convinced coaching was the biggest problem and that KC was a great landing spot for him.

I pray to God that is true. If Romeo was pushing for this pick, then his ass is on the line. Hopefully Romeo can get Poe to buy in early and unleash the player he could be.

JohnnyHammersticks
04-26-2012, 07:54 PM
I just can't get past the whole 'film doesn't lie' issue. You watch film on him and there's absolutely nothing there. Nothing. Against interior linemen that look about 100lbs lighter than him. He just doesn't do anything at all. His arms are literally shorter than mine, and I'm 6', 185--and white!

If the film doesn't lie, then we're ****ing ****ed my friends. What the **** was Pioli thinking? I swear, being a fan of the Chiefs is like volunteering to be the target of a worldwide nut kicking contest. :banghead:

Strongside
04-26-2012, 07:54 PM
Mayock mentioned that most NT's get pulled off of the field on 3rd down but that it would be Poe's best down. That he would collapse the pocket and flush qbs outside and that it would benefit Allen Bailey, Houston and Hali greatly.

buddha
04-26-2012, 07:55 PM

Mayock came up with that judgement based ON WHAT? :banghead:

Mayock loves to hear himself talk. Baby Huey looks like Ngata, but doesn't play like him, not one bit.

O.city
04-26-2012, 07:58 PM
Don't know who mentioned it, but there was a beatwriter from Memphis on 810 a few days ago.

Said Poe got a raw deal at Memphis and that the coaching staff were basically all morons and didn't fit their defense to the guy lie they should have.

Said he is an extremely hard worker and is a really great kid.

petegz28
04-26-2012, 07:59 PM

No, what he said was, and I should have been more clear, he never starts rookies until they prove they can start. It's not that he doesn't want to or doesn't think he can it's simply a rule Romeo has that says I don't care where you were drafted you have to prove you are the starter. It took Berry one game to prove it.

the Talking Can
04-26-2012, 07:59 PM
Don't know who mentioned it, but there was a beatwriter from Memphis on 810 a few days ago.

Said Poe got a raw deal at Memphis and that the coaching staff were basically all morons and didn't fit their defense to the guy lie they should have.

that's got nothing to do with him not being able to beat the man in front of him...especially when that man is undersized and untalented, and most players are in that shitty league

jared allen ripped his league a new asshole and went in the 5th

buddha
04-26-2012, 08:00 PM

That hard work really showed up on the field, didn't it? Lazy ass.

Stop with all of the coaching staff bullshit. In ANY scheme, a real player will make plays. This kid looks nice...too damn nice. I don't want a great kid at NT. I want an MFer who bites the heads of full size animals.

petegz28
04-26-2012, 08:01 PM
Well, to be honest, Romeo said that no rookies start for him. Even Eric Berry didn't, so I would not read too much into that.

We are so dry at the NT position that I can't imagine Poe not starting day one.

The wildcard factor is what Romeo can do with him. If Romeo can "unleash the fury" like Jon Gruden suggested, then there is hope. If Romeo can't, we wasted a high pick.

Fact is, we could have moved up for minimal cost. We could have also moved down (Philly traded into the spot behind us, so we could have swung a deal with them), and still gotten Poe latter in the first.

I still don't like the pick, but am hopeful that I can be wrong. Chiefs needed a solid pick in the #11 spot, and instead they took a huge risk. I hope for all of us Chiefs fans that the risk pays off.

If there was a year to take a risk on a high draft pick it is this one, all things considered.

O.city
04-26-2012, 08:01 PM
Systems mean alot for these guys though.

If you don't have the guy doing what he would be best at, he's not gonna do much.

The guy has elite measurable s and has the potential to be great.

I'm fine with taking him where we did. Rather take a guy who could be a monster in our defense than an olineman.

OnTheWarpath58
04-26-2012, 08:02 PM

Sorry, but if this kid is the monster they think he is, he should have dominated a bunch of kids that are selling insurance right now.

Raw deal my ass. This kid has shown nothing.

the Talking Can
04-26-2012, 08:03 PM
Systems mean alot for these guys though.

If you don't have the guy doing what he would be best at, he's not gonna do much.

The guy has elite measurable s and has the potential to be great.

I'm fine with taking him where we did. Rather take a guy who could be a monster in our defense than an olineman.

nonsense...he couldn't beat pathetic lineman from a pathetic league

that has jack shit to do with scheme...you can hope all you want, but his college performance can't be wished away

petegz28
That hard work really showed up on the field, didn't it? Lazy ass.

Stop with all of the coaching staff bullshit. In ANY scheme, a real player will make plays. This kid looks nice...too damn nice. I don't want a great kid at NT. I want an MFer who bites the heads of full size animals.

I have to call BS on your take. If you are constantly moving a kid around or not playing him where or how he is best suited then he is not going to have his A game and is going to have "flahses". You have to remember college is a learning phase for these kids and if they are saddled with constant change they are never going to reach their potential.

OnTheWarpath58

that has jack shit to do with scheme...you can hope all you want, but his college performance can't be wished away

Yup.

petegz28
04-26-2012, 08:04 PM

I disagree.

the Talking Can
04-26-2012, 08:05 PM
I disagree.

no one gives a shit

Ebolapox
04-26-2012, 08:05 PM

you NEVER want to gamble and miss, but the fact is that we've got a great amount of team talent aside from one real position: QB. we weren't addressing that after tannehill went to miami. if ANY team could afford to take a boom or bust pick, we could.

O.city
04-26-2012, 08:06 PM
I'm just saying what the guy said on 810.

I think he has elite ability, but something obviously didn't work for him at Memphis.

I do like his upside alot.

If it were between him and Decastro, I'm fine and dandy with Poe.

mcaj22
04-26-2012, 08:06 PM
we will now have the most overrated d-line in the history of the NFL

a 3rd overall
a 5th overall
and a 11th overall

you'd think a d-line with 3 high first round picks we would be fucking crushing people in the trenches.

nope.

petegz28
04-26-2012, 08:10 PM
no one gives a shit

Don't be a sandy-vag

-King-
04-26-2012, 08:12 PM
Pioli couldn't take Cody a few years back. Nope, had to have McCluster. Could have addressed the position then, but noooo, lets fuck up a first rounder a few years later.

Yeah...but Cody sucked.

Brianfo
04-26-2012, 08:13 PM
The Conference USA is the second best football conference after the SEC. There is a lot of dominant OL in that conference, so I'm not surprised Poe had trouble.

Are you high????? Or is my sarcasm meter not calibrated??

Mr. Laz
I think Poe is a Crennel pick

Imo he told Pioli that he could get poe to play up to his potential.

petegz28

Definitely agree there.

buddha
04-26-2012, 08:15 PM
I have to call BS on your take. If you are constantly moving a kid around or not playing him where or how he is best suited then he is not going to have his A game and is going to have "flahses". You have to remember college is a learning phase for these kids and if they are saddled with constant change they are never going to reach their potential.

You are entitled to your own opinion. I have coached football for six years at various levels and I played in college. If your pedigree is better than mine, I'll defer to your superior background.

Having played both sides of the line, I can tell you that it never mattered to me where I played. I knew what my primary gap responsibilities were and I knew that I needed to find and attack the ball. Period. Not too complicated, eh? Memphis is typically stocked with morons, so I guarantee you that they weren't running anything more complex scheme wise.

Baby Huey was content to let inferior, smaller players get the best of him. How often? Basically all game, every game.

Once again, just say the word and I'll concede the point if you know more.

Strongside
04-26-2012, 08:16 PM
Are you high????? Or is my sarcasm meter not calibrated??

Wrong. It's the third toughest. I ran a 4.7 40 and had plenty of problems with offensive lines in the MIAA when I played D2. I also blame bad coaching for why I wasn't drafted.

the Talking Can
Don't be a sandy-vag

no one gives a shit that you disagree with facts you sandy vagina

Coogs

I thought tht was impossible. I thought we had a philosophy in place that was a philosophy that was greater than any one individual including Pioli.

petegz28
04-26-2012, 08:17 PM
You are entitled to your own opinion. I have coached football for six years at various levels and I played in college. If your pedigree is better than mine, I'll defer to your superior background.

Having played both sides of the line, I can tell you that it never mattered to me where I played. I knew what my primary gap responsibilities were and I knew that I needed to find and attack the ball. Period. Not too complicated, eh? Memphis is typically stocked with morons, so I guarantee you that they weren't running anything more complex scheme wise.

Baby Huey was content to let inferior, smaller players get the best of him. How often? Basically all game, every game.

Once again, just say the word and I'll concede the point if you know more.

So you weren't better at one thing than another? You performed at the same level of excellence regardless of where you played?

petegz28
04-26-2012, 08:17 PM
no one gives a shit that you disagree with facts you sandy vagina

Nice come back, sweetie! :thumb:

O.city
04-26-2012, 08:18 PM
Here is my final thought on Poe.

We need a NT. We took a guy with the POTENTIAL to be a dominant NT in the NFL. Not just a solid one, but a Haloti Ngata type skillset.

Now, it's potential. I'm fine with that.

We need a qb and a NT. We hopefully just drafted one that can be grreat at that spot. If not, try again.

nychief
04-26-2012, 08:18 PM

Is that really the case?

keg in kc
04-26-2012, 08:19 PM
Biggest shock of the draft: they didn't go to commercial until after we picked.

Mr. Laz
I thought tht was impossible. I thought we had a philosophy in place that was a philosophy that was greater than any one individual including Pioli.
what the hell are you talking about?

are you drunk?

petegz28

We need a NT. We took a guy with the POTENTIAL to be a dominant NT in the NFL. Not just a solid one, but a Haloti Ngata type skillset.

We need a qb and a NT. We hopefully just drafted one that can be grreat at that spot. If not, try again.

Every player is drafted on "potential" when you get down to it. It's just a matter of who you think has a better chance of reaching said potential.

Pasta Giant Meatball
04-26-2012, 08:20 PM
Yeah...but Cody sucked.

He belly flopped on Charles in the playoff game, so they think he's awesome I guess.

TRR
04-26-2012, 08:22 PM
we will now have the most overrated d-line in the history of the NFL

a 3rd overall
a 5th overall
and a 11th overall

you'd think a d-line with 3 high first round picks we would be fucking crushing people in the trenches.

nope.

All Dorsey, Jackson and Powe will do is eat up blockers. That's it. If DJ, Houston, Hali and Belcher have solid stats its because of those three players.

Most will cast Powe a bust like they did Jackson and Dorsey because he won't and will NEVER have the stats. They aren't meant to and they never will. Those three are asked to tie up five. That's it....
Posted via Mobile Device

Coogs
04-26-2012, 08:22 PM

I understand the pick. NT was our 2nd need behind QB. I wanted Tannehill, but knew we wouldn't get him. I hope this guy is the real deal. If he is, our defense could kick ass.

DenverDanChiefsFan
04-26-2012, 08:26 PM
no one gives a shit

pot meet kettle

Brianfo
04-26-2012, 08:27 PM
Wrong. It's the third toughest. I ran a 4.7 40 and had plenty of problems with offensive lines in the MIAA when I played D2. I also blame bad coaching for why I wasn't drafted.

I blame my coach also for why I wasn't drafted and I only played high school ball. But I was first team all conference my junior and senior year.

J Diddy
04-26-2012, 08:29 PM
I definitely blame my coach. That bastard made me 5'6", 145 soaking wet, and devoid of any talent.

Fucker.

Strongside
04-26-2012, 08:32 PM
I blame my coach also for why I wasn't drafted and I only played high school ball. But I was first team all conference my junior and senior year.

If coach woulda put me in, we woulda won state!
http://billyriner.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/uncle-rico.jpg

ROYC75
04-26-2012, 08:33 PM
LMAOwhat the hell are you talking about?

are you drunk?:LOL:

Easy 6
04-26-2012, 09:02 PM
I frankly doubted that they panicked. They wanted Poe from the get go. I hate the decision, but if anyone knows d-lineman, its RAC. Time to prove me wrong.

BossChief
04-26-2012, 09:20 PM

In one of the post draft interview, Pioli mentioned something about wanting a guy at nose that could move well and that Cody didn't move as well as they would like.

They must have seen something special in the tape to justify the physical tools.

All in all, if there is one thing Pioli and Romeo have in their corner is their evaluation and development of defensive linemen.

Jackson, Poe and Country Strong.

O.city
04-26-2012, 09:22 PM
Romeo has had success with Carlos Rogers, Nut grabber last year, Amon Gordon among others with much less raw ability than what this guy has.

Bump
04-26-2012, 09:22 PM
I trust Romeo here. The man can flat out coach! With Romeo by his side, the possibilities are endless for Poe. It's a gamble, if it works out they are gonna look like geniuses.

Coogs
04-26-2012, 09:23 PM
what the hell are you talking about?

are you drunk?

This...

http://blogs.bettor.com/GM-Scott-Pioli-Kansas-City-Chiefs-will-not-change-organisational-philosophy-for-draft-NFL-News-a148008

... and no, but I have had a coouple of cold ones while watching tonight.

kcjayhawks5
04-26-2012, 09:25 PM
I have a hard time believing that this staff wanted Poe from the get-go, but they had to figure that the Keuchly(sp) and Barron were going to be off the board by 11.

I wanted Decastro, but shit happens and hopefully RAC can get everything out of Poe because we definitely need a big MOFO to run the middle.

It may just be that i have a dickhead friend that loves Dallas, but it seems like they had the best pick in the 1st round. Fuck Dallas and fuck my friend...what a bastard

keg in kc
04-26-2012, 09:31 PM
I don't know much about Poe because I was 99.999% certain they were taking DeCastro (admission: I was mostly trolling in the Tannehill threads; blame my job o:-) ). I was concerned when I saw the effort thing on ESPN, but when I heard both Crennell and Pioli talk about how he was used at Memphis, and how they'll want him to focus on only one role here, it made some sense to me. Maybe it's all talk, time will tell. But it was an interesting explanation for why his numbers weren't as dominant as you might expect.

It's a position we've needed to fill for years, and we have youth and depth now. Maybe it's not the specific player that people wanted, but it's hard to argue against the concept of a huge, freakishly strong guy who showed that he has the ability to be on the field for every down through four quarters. I don't think he's a combine riser, I think he's a guy they really loved on tape who just solidified it with his workout numbers.

Not thrilled with the pick, but not disappointed with it either.

BigChiefTablet
04-26-2012, 09:33 PM
Hey, he has good hair. Amirite?

Tombstone RJ
04-26-2012, 09:36 PM
In one of the post draft interview, Pioli mentioned something about wanting a guy at nose that could move well and that Cody didn't move as well as they would like.

They must have seen something special in the tape to justify the physical tools.

All in all, if there is one thing Pioli and Romeo have in their corner is their evaluation and development of defensive linemen.

not sure what Pioli sees in Poe. I'm pretty sure his tape is not impressive. His combine was impressive, but not his game tape.

Setsuna
04-26-2012, 09:39 PM
I trust Romeo here. The man can flat out coach! With Romeo by his side, the possibilities are endless for Poe. It's a gamble, if it works out they are gonna look like geniuses.

He can flat out coach when all he has to focus on is the D. But he is HC now. A lot more things to focus on. I don't think he'll have the time needed to coach him up.

jspchief
04-26-2012, 09:48 PM
It's nice that the presser on our #11 overall pick is dedicated defending the choice.

Count Zarth
04-26-2012, 09:51 PM
Remember all the time we wasted on Ryan Sims trying to tap his potential? Just starting him because of his draft position, basically?

Yeah, look forward to more of that. Unless this regime is canned in a couple of years, of course.

Hoisted by their own petard, hopefully.

themanwithnoname
04-26-2012, 09:53 PM
He can flat out coach when all he has to focus on is the D. But he is HC now. A lot more things to focus on. I don't think he'll have the time needed to coach him up.

Is Gregg gonna be back?

I didn't want anything to do with Poe, but with how things were playing out, its growing on me and I can live with it. I'm hoping he's not a bust, and I think he has potential.

I wonder what this will do for our second round? Maybe it opens them up to drafting a QB or maybe a safety and they didn't have much confidence in Chapman or that they'd get Chapman.

I think the defense is setup to protect Poe. He's got two run stuffing lineman on the edges, we've got DJ and Berry to spy the run game, and we've got good outside containment and pass rush.

Plus him and Bailey can compete on who can throw the most lineman on top of their QBs.

Count Zarth

Sure, never mind the fact they were wrong about Jackson's ability to rush the passer (they thought he could 3-tech on passing downs).

Never mind the fact that we took Powe, who couldn't even get on the field.

Never mind the fact that we took Alex Magee, who completely fucking sucked.

Yup, ignore that.

O.city
After we win 11 games his year, you will be hoisted by your own petard.

HA

chiefzilla1501
04-26-2012, 09:56 PM
Sure, never mind the fact they were wrong about Jackson's ability to rush the passer (they thought he could 3-tech on passing downs).

Never mind the fact that we took Alex Magee, who completely ****ing sucked.

Yup, ignore that.

You're being fucking ridiculous. Tyson Jackson's job was never to rush the passer. As a 2-gap 5-technique, he's doing his job just fine.

Who gives a shit about Powe. Too early to say he's a bust and he was a 7th round pick for god sake.

Alex Magee sucked, but that's because he froze out his scouts.

Those examples are all just plain stupid. Tyson Jackson has been a solid lineman for us. And I'm happy with Allen Bailey. And even if Powe ends up being a bust, I still believe it was a terrific pick.

milkman
04-26-2012, 09:56 PM

Never mind the fact that we took Alex Magee, who completely ****ing sucked.

Yup, ignore that.

Never mind the fact that Crennel wasn't a part of this staff when Jackson and Magee were drafted.

Count Zarth
04-26-2012, 09:59 PM
Never mind the fact that Crennel wasn't a part of this staff when Jackson and Magee were drafted.

Yeah, but Pioli WAS here.

And this is definitely a Pioli pick.

I don't believe for a second Crennel has any power.

Count Zarth
04-26-2012, 10:01 PM
You're being fucking ridiculous. Tyson Jackson's job was never to rush the passer.

Yes it was. They flat out said he could play inside on passing downs as a 3-tech pass rusher. That's how they justified spending the pick, because TJ was going to be so versatile and awesome, he was going to be a 3-down player.

They fucked up that evaluation. He wasn't worth the contract or the draft slot.

O.city
04-26-2012, 10:02 PM
I thought Jackson did a pretty good job rushing hte passer last year?

Count Zarth
04-26-2012, 10:03 PM
I thought Jackson did a pretty good job rushing hte passer last year?

No, he didn't. It's a growing Chiefsplanet legend. He's better at it than Dorsey, though, so people think he can rush the passer suddenly.

O.city
04-26-2012, 10:04 PM
I thought he showed some flashes of rushing hte passer last year.

Brockers would have been the same pick Jackson was, basically to a T.

Count Zarth
04-26-2012, 10:05 PM
I thought he showed some flashes of rushing hte passer last year.

He had 4 QB pressures.

Flash, baby!

O.city
04-26-2012, 10:06 PM
Where does that put him among 34 DE's?

Bewbies
04-26-2012, 10:08 PM
I'm watching this now, is it me or does Crennel look almost giddy that we got him?

Count Zarth
04-26-2012, 10:09 PM
I'm watching this now, is it me or does Crennel look almost giddy that we got him?

It's probably just a sugar high from the 48 oz pepsi he just sucked down.

Pasta Giant Meatball
04-26-2012, 10:17 PM
Who did you want at 11 goat?

mcaj22
04-26-2012, 10:19 PM
All Dorsey, Jackson and Powe will do is eat up blockers. That's it. If DJ, Houston, Hali and Belcher have solid stats its because of those three players.

Most will cast Powe a bust like they did Jackson and Dorsey because he won't and will NEVER have the stats. They aren't meant to and they never will. Those three are asked to tie up five. That's it....
Posted via Mobile Device

and guess what, you dont need to spend THREE FIRST ROUND PICKS in 5 years on guys to eat up space. You can find guys just as capable of that in 2nd, 3rd, 4th rounds etc. They are there to take on blockers. Spending top 15 picks on 3 guys to do that is fucking silly. There is no other way to cut it.

Frosty
04-26-2012, 10:20 PM
Yeah, but Pioli WAS here.

And this is definitely a Pioli pick.

I don't believe for a second Crennel has any power.

I don't think so. To me, this looks like it has Romeo written all over it. Pioli has always been about production and being a team captain and crap like that. I think Romeo thinks he can coach Poe up and get to fulfill his potential and I think Pioli deferred to Romeo on the pick.

Count Zarth
04-26-2012, 10:21 PM
I don't think so. To me, this looks like it has Romeo written all over it. Pioli has always been about production and being a team captain and crap like that. I think Romeo thinks he can coach Poe up and get to fulfill his potential and I think Pioli deferred to Romeo on the pick.

LMAO

Yeah, Pioli fired Haley to hire a guy who was already on staff, and give him power over the first round pick.

Count Zarth
04-26-2012, 10:21 PM
Who did you want at 11 goat?

Kuechly, DeCastro, Brockers would have been fine.

go bowe
04-26-2012, 10:23 PM

i blame my coach for not being drafted...

two years in pop warner and not one call...

Frosty
04-26-2012, 10:28 PM
LMAO

Yeah, Pioli fired Haley to hire a guy who was already on staff, and give him power over the first round pick.

Pioli has a lot more respect for Crennel than Haley. You can tell that he looks up to Crennel. I wouldn't be surprised if he intended Crennel to be head coach all along. There were a lot of rumors about Pioli not liking Haley even during the 2010 playoff year.

There is no way of knowing, though. It's all opinions at this point.

Bewbies
04-26-2012, 10:28 PM
Kuechly, DeCastro, Brockers would have been fine.

I'm pretty sure I'd take Poe over those 3 at 11. None would make me happy though...

Pasta Giant Meatball
04-26-2012, 10:30 PM
I'm pretty sure I'd take Poe over those 3 at 11. None would make me happy though...

Talk about the 3 amehgos...

Okie_Apparition
04-26-2012, 10:35 PM
What did poe say

Rausch
04-26-2012, 10:38 PM
What did poe say

They asked him to come to the mic but he couldn't get through the line of reporters...

wazu
04-26-2012, 10:48 PM
Gotta say, I love watching Romeo press conferences. This guy could sell me anything.

mcaj22
04-26-2012, 10:50 PM
Gotta say, I love watching Romeo press conferences. This guy could sell me anything.

i laughed wondering if Todd Haley was still the coach how awful and depressing the presser would have been and if anything he would have somehow made me hate the pick 100x more with his awful responses (or lack thereof)

BryanBusby
04-26-2012, 10:51 PM
They asked him to come to the mic but he couldn't get through the line of reporters...

LMAO

wazu
04-26-2012, 10:56 PM
i laughed wondering if Todd Haley was still the coach how awful and depressing the presser would have been and if anything he would have somehow made me hate the pick 100x more with his awful responses (or lack thereof)

Yeah, I can't even imagine. Romeo's smiling face and happy demeanor just inspires confidence.

TRR
04-26-2012, 11:00 PM
and guess what, you dont need to spend THREE FIRST ROUND PICKS in 5 years on guys to eat up space. You can find guys just as capable of that in 2nd, 3rd, 4th rounds etc. They are there to take on blockers. Spending top 15 picks on 3 guys to do that is fucking silly. There is no other way to cut it.

You could say the same thing for nearly every position. Truth is, Pioli values the DL and so does RAC. Get used to it.....

beach tribe
04-26-2012, 11:02 PM

Dude, nobody fucking panics in that situation. You don't think they've considered that he might be the pick? Good lord.
"Oh God!! No way these could be the players available now!!"

BryanBusby
04-26-2012, 11:02 PM

Teams often do just that.

Count Zarth
04-26-2012, 11:03 PM
You could say the same thing for nearly every position. Truth is, Pioli values the DL and so does RAC. Get used to it.....

They value it so much, they basically ignored NT for three consecutive seasons.

And now they're backed into a corner and they reached.

They're a couple of fat blowhards who should never be entrusted with running an NFL franchise.

BryanBusby
04-26-2012, 11:06 PM
haha what

wazu
They value it so much, they basically ignored NT for three consecutive seasons.

And now they're backed into a corner and they reached.

They're a couple of fat blowhards who should never be entrusted with running an NFL franchise.

Idiot. It's BECAUSE they are fat that they know who to draft for D-Line. Fat guys know D-Line.

O.city
Does anyone remember what Phil Taylors stats were last year?

beach tribe
04-26-2012, 11:11 PM
Idiot. It's BECAUSE they are fat that they know who to draft for D-Line. Fat guys know D-Line.

Clay hates fat people, because being fat made him hate himself.

BossChief
04-26-2012, 11:16 PM
Haha

GoChiefs is throwing a temper-tantrum over not drafting Decastro.

Keep going man, YOU'RE ON A ROLL!

Count Zarth
04-26-2012, 11:16 PM
Being fat is a character flaw.

Scott Pioli and Romeo Crennel have access to the best nutrition and exercise professionals IN THE WORLD.

Why are they fat?

Count Zarth
04-26-2012, 11:17 PM
Haha

I've made one post about DeCastro, that's hardly a tantrum.

There were several options we could have picked that would have been vastly better selections.

This is almost as bad as that Tyson Jackson pick.

beach tribe
04-26-2012, 11:19 PM
I've made one post about DeCastro, that's hardly a tantrum.

There were several options we could have picked that would have been vastly better selections.

This is almost as bad as that Tyson Jackson pick.

Trolling:rolleyes:

milkman
04-26-2012, 11:19 PM

Scott Pioli and Romeo Crennel have access to the best nutrition and exercise professionals IN THE WORLD.

Why are they fat?

Being born with a penis and growing up to be a bitch is a bigger character flaw.

Count Zarth
04-26-2012, 11:20 PM
Being born with a penis and growing up to be a bitch is a bigger character flaw.

Good thing no one is entrusting me with an NFL franchise, or paying me 5 million dollars a year.

SPchief
04-26-2012, 11:20 PM

And they were? Provide a link please

SPchief
04-26-2012, 11:22 PM
Shit, I just got caught feeding the troll

DTLB58
04-26-2012, 11:24 PM

Why are they fat?

Actually, I think it looks like Pioli has lot a lot of weight since last season.

BossChief
04-26-2012, 11:24 PM
If the mantra of "you can't judge a draft pick for three years" is true...Jackson was one of the better picks of that top ten in 2009.

It sucks, but it's true.

Poe has more potential than about any NT of the last few years and we have perfect coaches to get the most out of him.

If you were to tell me who was drafted in the top ten before our pick came up, Poe would have been in my top 5 of the guys left.

Maybe as high as 3.

I'll take a guy like him over Decastro all day.

If Powe gets to 80% of his potential, this defense is gonna be special.

The Dawg
04-26-2012, 11:26 PM
Jesus tits. We'd all be bitching regardless of who we drafted. Come back in 3 years or so and then you can bitch about the pick if he flops.

wazu
04-26-2012, 11:27 PM

Why are they fat?

Because they like to eat foods that make them fat. And yes, it is a flaw. Unlike most flaws this one is visible for the whole world to see. But somebody can be a brilliant leader, capable of doing great things and still have that flaw.

Count Zarth
04-26-2012, 11:29 PM
But somebody can be a brilliant leader, capable of doing great things and still have that flaw.

Agreed.

However, they suck ass and have that flaw, so I'm going to continue to point it out.

wazu
04-26-2012, 11:30 PM
Agreed.

However, they suck ass and have that flaw, so I'm going to continue to point it out.

Fair enough.

DTLB58
04-26-2012, 11:31 PM
LMAO

Smart GM's get players for the type of systems that their coaches are running/coaching.

Count Zarth
04-26-2012, 11:33 PM
Smart GM's get players for the type of systems that their coaches are running/coaching.

Which is why we drafted a nose tackle with a limited history of playing 2-gap. LMAO

SPATCH
04-26-2012, 11:38 PM
Which is why we drafted a nose tackle with a limited history of playing 2-gap. LMAO

nevermind some of the sickest measureables in recent memory...

Ultra Peanut
04-26-2012, 11:48 PM
Petro had a beat writer on his show last week from Memphis talking about Poe. After listening to the interview I actually started thinking this is one of those guys that Pioli might take because once you dig into who he is a bit more, he's a different guy than you might think. Called him a hard worker and great character, a guy who has immense talent but who was stuck in a system and coaches who didn't take advantage of him. Said that the new staff at Memphis was split down two lines, one side wanting to change the defense to suit Poe, and the other side wanting to stick with their base system and make Poe fit it, and the latter won. All of this is basically my view of the situation, too.

Larry Porter's coaching staff was a complete clusterfuck and it was unbelievably obvious by the way they looked on the field. I've never seen a team look so lost and confused and the only thing I felt when Porter got fired was relief.

Here's a cute video from last summer:

CXMku4m3twI

"I don't know how motivated I'd be to lift if I wasn't playing football."

SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. POE LOVES THE GAME

beach tribe
04-26-2012, 11:49 PM
Haha

No No. Another 5-tech is what we SHOULD have picked.
LMAO
Can you imagine what he'd be saying if we picked another 5-tech.

Chocolate Hog
04-27-2012, 12:03 AM
If the mantra of "you can't judge a draft pick for three years" is true...Jackson was one of the better picks of that top ten in 2009.

It sucks, but it's true.

Poe has more potential than about any NT of the last few years and we have perfect coaches to get the most out of him.

If you were to tell me who was drafted in the top ten before our pick came up, Poe would have been in my top 5 of the guys left.

Maybe as high as 3.

I'll take a guy like him over Decastro all day.

If Powe gets to 80% of his potential, this defense is gonna be special.

DeCastro prolly has made more than 12 tackles

BigChiefTablet
04-27-2012, 12:12 AM
It sure is a lot easier to listen to Romeo compared to Haley.

Count Zarth
04-27-2012, 12:13 AM
No No. Another 5-tech is what we SHOULD have picked.
LMAO
Can you imagine what he'd be saying if we picked another 5-tech.

Picking one at #11 vs at #3 is a whole different ballgame.

Also, Brockers went at 14. We could have easily traded down and gotten him.

Apparently that's too hard for the executive of the millenium, though.

BossChief
04-27-2012, 12:15 AM
According to profootballreference BJ Raji only had 14 tackles last year.

Count Zarth
04-27-2012, 12:15 AM
According to profootballreference BJ Raji only had 14 tackles last year.

Yeah, and he fucking sucked.

BossChief
04-27-2012, 12:17 AM

Haha

We used the whole time frame for our time slot.

To act as if we weren't fielding calls to move down is foolish.

BossChief
04-27-2012, 12:18 AM
Yeah, and he fucking sucked.

Who were the top 15 nose guards?

beach tribe
04-27-2012, 12:19 AM

Of course we could have traded down...easily.:spock:

Count Zarth
04-27-2012, 12:19 AM
He tried, and failed.

Fuck him.

His pay grade demands success.

beach tribe
04-27-2012, 12:24 AM
He tried, and failed.

**** him.

His pay grade demands success.

LMAO

KCrockaholic
04-27-2012, 12:27 AM
Who were the top 15 nose guards?

Raji was pretty damn bad last year. I don't know why he performed so bad, but it's the truth.

Pasta Giant Meatball
04-27-2012, 06:58 AM
Jesus tits. We'd all be bitching regardless of who we drafted. Come back in 3 years or so and then you can bitch about the pick if he flops.

No, they'll bitch for 3 years. When they take a guy that isn't on thier homemade big board anyway.

Pasta Giant Meatball
04-27-2012, 06:59 AM

Bad advice from his PR guy ;)

htismaqe
04-27-2012, 08:15 AM
Raji was pretty damn bad last year. I don't know why he performed so bad, but it's the truth.

They moved him to DE initially.

mcaj22
04-27-2012, 08:43 AM

i'm not saying raji is good but it is literally raji and matthews on that front defense

raji and clay literally play with a bunch of scrubs. I have no idea who the other DEs or NTs even are on the Packers or the other OLBer opposite of Clay.

They dont have first rounders or even second round talent at every position on that defense. They dont need to when they have an elite QB, they can get away with it. But Raji's production suffers when it's just him being double teamed every play on the d-line and the other guys are a bunch of bums that cant do anything in 1 on 1 situations.

That's why Cullen Jenkins was so good that one year. Clay and Raji gave him all those 1 on 1s and he was good enough to beat most people.

Lzen
04-27-2012, 09:22 AM
Petro had a beat writer on his show last week from Memphis talking about Poe. After listening to the interview I actually started thinking this is one of those guys that Pioli might take because once you dig into who he is a bit more, he's a different guy than you might think. Called him a hard worker and great character, a guy who has immense talent but who was stuck in a system and coaches who didn't take advantage of him. Said that the new staff at Memphis was split down two lines, one side wanting to change the defense to suit Poe, and the other side wanting to stick with their base system and make Poe fit it, and the latter won.

Anyway, boom or bust pick, he's either going to be dominant or a flop, but I think this speaks to how much influence Romeo actually does have on the direction the Chiefs go on some of these picks. I don't think this pick gets make if Romeo isn't pushing for it...

I like this. That makes me feel much better about this pick.