PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Ryan Sims part 2

baitism
04-26-2012, 09:38 PM
Fucking hell. People put way too much stock in the combine. I don't give a crap if a 350 lb dude ran a 4.4 if he didn't do shit in CUSA. At least Sims sucked ass in the ACC. I give Poe three years before he is out of the NFL.

The Dawg
04-26-2012, 09:40 PM
FYP

notorious
04-26-2012, 09:42 PM
Part Deux.

Get it straight.

Pasta Giant Meatball
04-26-2012, 09:43 PM
Julius Peppers went back and played ball at Memphis carrying his ass. Damn.

J Diddy
Knee jerk piss and moan much?

Omaha
Part deux, Electric Boogaloo FTW!

Lonewolf Ed
04-26-2012, 09:49 PM
A first round pick with 3 years in the NFL should be set pretty well, if he has a good financial adviser... :p

Fruit Ninja
04-26-2012, 09:50 PM
take a deep breathe relax and see how it turns out. No need to get pissed off over something you have no control over.

Brianfo
04-26-2012, 09:55 PM
****ing hell. People put way too much stock in the combine. I don't give a crap if a 350 lb dude ran a 4.4 if he didn't do shit in CUSA. At least Sims sucked ass in the ACC. I give Poe three years before he is out of the NFL.

Just curious. Who would you have picked?? Put your nuts out there on the line. Lets here it sport. Cause its obvious you have scouted the entire college ranks.

baitism
04-26-2012, 09:55 PM
All I am saying is at #11 you get an impact player, not a freaking project. We could have gotten him in the second round...

ChiefRocka
04-26-2012, 10:00 PM
he will push the pocket week 1 and all you whiny bitches will say something to the affect of "I knew RAC would make him better"

baitism
04-26-2012, 10:02 PM
he will push the pocket week 1 and all you whiny bitches will say something to the affect of "I knew RAC would make him better"

He couldn't push the pocket against Arkansas State. I wouldn't hold out much hope. Cox or Brockers would have been better selections.

CHENZ A!
04-26-2012, 10:02 PM

yep.

morphius
04-26-2012, 10:03 PM
take a deep breathe relax and see how it turns out. No need to get pissed off over something you have no control over.
I think that sort of defines a fan, get excited and upset about things you don't really have any control of. It is sort of like saying, don't cheer for a TD, you had no effect.

scho63
04-26-2012, 10:05 PM
If he lasts that long at least he will be much better than Percy Snow

tmax63
04-26-2012, 10:05 PM
People have bitched for 2 years that the Chiefs didn't have a NT. They go out and get the highest graded NT in this years draft and people are becoming Donkey fans because he's lazy or they should of traded down yada, yada ,yada. The Chiefs now have a legit NT whether you like it or not.

milkman
04-26-2012, 10:06 PM
He couldn't push the pocket against Arkansas State. I wouldn't hold out much hope. Cox or Brockers would have been better selections.

If Crennel gets this kid to produce from the very first game, then I will bow down and priase Romeo Crennel as the best defensive coach and motivator to walk the face of the earth.

milkman
04-26-2012, 10:07 PM
People have bitched for 2 years that the Chiefs didn't have a NT. They go out and get the highest graded NT in this years draft and people are becoming Donkey fans because he's lazy or they should of traded down yada, yada ,yada. The Chiefs now have a legit NT whether you like it or not.

He is the highest rated because of his combine, a workout warrior.

He never produced at a high level against inferior competition.

baitism
04-26-2012, 10:07 PM
If Crennel gets this kid to produce from the very first game, then I will bow down and priase Romeo Crennel as the best defensive coach and motivator to walk the face of the earth.

I agree. I will too. I just question a dude whose on the field production and work ethic are both in question.

Don't get me wrong. I want him to kick ass and for me to look like a fool.

Fruit Ninja
04-26-2012, 10:08 PM
I think that sort of defines a fan, get excited and upset about things you don't really have any control of. It is sort of like saying, don't cheer for a TD, you had no effect.

i love football, but as i get older, this shit doesnt piss me off like it used too. Now im just eh, i got no control over it. Ill wait to see if it pans out or not. he was a position of huge need, so i will see.

Valiant
04-26-2012, 10:11 PM
Like said above.. meh.. Hopefully he turns it around.. The odds are against him though if he could not destroy d1 talent and now going against the big boys.. But maybe something clicks in his brain..

morphius
04-26-2012, 10:11 PM
i love football, but as i get older, this shit doesnt piss me off like it used too. Now im just eh, i got no control over it. Ill wait to see if it pans out or not. he was a position of huge need, so i will see.
I'm personally in the same boat, but I understand the passion. This team has drove me to apathy, lol.

tmax63
04-26-2012, 10:20 PM
You can hate the pick all you want but it doesn't change the fact that most people in or covering the NFL felt he was the best NT in the draft. I know all the armchair GM's here have access to better tape and information than the people in the NFL do. I stand corrected.

Fruit Ninja
04-26-2012, 10:22 PM
I'm personally in the same boat, but I understand the passion. This team has drove me to apathy, lol.

Yeah, for a while that shit was tough on me, especially when we were really bad with Herm, i didnt now how to handle a team being that bad, my basketball and baseball team have NEVER been that bad. It was a real eye opener for me. lol The Chiefs have leveled me out. Though i have seen my basketball team win 10 nba titles so it makes being a chiefs fan for me easier. haha

Ultra Peanut
04-26-2012, 10:28 PM
HE'S GOIN TO THE PRO BOWLLLLL

oh wait

Extra Point
04-26-2012, 10:29 PM
All I am saying is at #11 you get an impact player, not a freaking project. We could have gotten him in the second round...

THIS!

Ultra Peanut
04-26-2012, 10:31 PM
#11 is a really tweener kind of spot tbqh

Nothing there was going to be totally ideal.

buddha
04-26-2012, 10:35 PM
You can hate the pick all you want but it doesn't change the fact that most people in or covering the NFL felt he was the best NT in the draft. I know all the armchair GM's here have access to better tape and information than the people in the NFL do. I stand corrected.

Yeah...those experts in the NFL never get it wrong (cough: Ryan Leaf).

You don't have to be particularly smart or insightful to watch this slug on video and see that he is a shitty player. Rare specimen...shitty player.

I guess those coaches/writers who voted him 2nd team C-USA were uninformed as well, right?

GoHuge
04-26-2012, 10:50 PM
I agree. I will too. I just question a dude whose on the field production and work ethic are both in question.
When I hear people say shit like this it pisses me off. Yes athletes are pampered and their salaries are ridiculous for what it is they do, but it isn't fair that we expect athletes to be a polished gem right out of college when they've never spent a single day as a professional in the field they go into.

If you went to college and after which at your first job were you the top-dog at your position in a Fortune 500 company? I highly doubt it (and being a janitor at Wal-mart or a fry cook at McDonalds does not count).

I am not crazy about this pick but lets let the guy walk thru the doors before we shit all over his job performance.

NWTF
04-27-2012, 12:06 AM
I think hes more like Chester McGlockton.

The Dawg
04-27-2012, 12:19 AM

There is no way in hell he'd be there in round 2.

ChiefsNow
04-27-2012, 03:56 AM
There is no way in hell he'd be there in round 2.

I saw somewhere that Seattle wanted him too.

LiL stumppy
04-27-2012, 04:14 AM
Fucking hell. People put way too much stock in the combine. I don't give a crap if a 350 lb dude ran a 4.4 if he didn't do shit in CUSA. At least Sims sucked ass in the ACC. I give Poe three years before he is out of the NFL.

Your an idiot.

Yes, he is going to only sign a 3 year contract. And be so awful he will never play again.

Learn something about football. A NT is a vital piece to a 3-4 d. If poe turns out to be awesome, we have one of the best D's in football. If he doesn't, oh well, it's not a QB, so we will survive.

Jesus.

michaelj_58
04-27-2012, 04:49 AM
Just for your info.this is Crennel,s pick and he thinks the guy is good.I trust his opinion more than your's.And who better to coach him than Crennel! I think this one is going to work out and all you cry baby,s are going to shut up once this kid starts playing.

Direckshun
04-27-2012, 05:01 AM
Give it three years of Crennel's coaching.

milkman
04-27-2012, 05:02 AM
Just for your info.this is Crennel,s pick

Link?

Direckshun
04-27-2012, 05:02 AM
Our front seven, by the way:

DE: 1st rounder
NT: 1st
DE: 1st

OLB: 1st
ILB: UDFA
ILB: 1st
OLB: 3rd

KCtotheSB
04-27-2012, 05:41 AM
(For when this thread hilariously gets bumped in four years after Poe ends up being an awesome player for us...*ahem*...)

Dear me in the future,

Hey champ! How's life? I'm doing fine. Lookin' forward to getting back home now, but where are you? Well, wherever you are, I hope you're safe and happy. Be sure to write back!!

Sincerely,

Past KCtotheSB

Ultra Peanut
04-27-2012, 06:13 AM
Hey future KCtotheSB!

JimNasium
04-27-2012, 06:32 AM

My breaking point was on a cold winters night, many moons ago, against a pre-Manning Colts team. After I got out of that funk, I vowed that I would never let this team get me down again. With that freedom, it's actually entertaining to watch all of the junior draft gurus (JDGs) thrash around after a draft pick. Strangely, is seem to find myself experiencing some strange, morbid fascination, with their pain and suffering. Better them than me.:shake::shake::shake:

acesn8s
04-27-2012, 06:37 AM
People have bitched for 2 years that the Chiefs didn't have a NT. They go out and get the highest graded NT in this years draft and people are becoming Donkey fans because he's lazy or they should of traded down yada, yada ,yada. The Chiefs now have a legit NT whether you like it or not.WAIT!!! Last year the arm chair draft experts were clamoring for Jerrell Powe in the 2nd round. You know, the NT that was going to solidify the defense. That "legit NT whether we like it or not." The must have guy that we ended up getting in the 6th round. Now all of a sudden I am supposed to be thrilled that some guy that put up good numbers at the combine is our new and improved NT? :banghead:

King_Chief_Fan
04-27-2012, 07:00 AM
Give it three years of Crennel's coaching.

I doubt Crennel is the coach for 3 years

BoneKrusher
04-27-2012, 07:14 AM
Ryan Sims part deux it is, until he proves otherwise.

tmax63
04-27-2012, 07:24 AM
I stand corrected. The Chiefs have 2 NT's now, a 2nd yr player and a rookie. Okay smartassedness aside, I see it as the Chiefs have two rolls of the dice at NT now. Will either turn out? I think this year will tell alot about Powe the 6th rounder. It would be really cool if they both turned out to be quality NT's but who knows at this point. I at least like the fact that after a couple years of stopgap measures that they are trying. KC doesn't have the depth yet to trade up and bet the farm on a QB. And after Luck and RGIII I didn't see a QB that was worth that kind of gamble.

Al Bundy
04-27-2012, 07:34 AM
I think it probably was a little too high for Poe.. BUT Memphis had some of the worst coaching in all of college football.

lcarus
04-27-2012, 08:17 AM
I just asked myself one question. Does he have the physical tools to be a good player in this league? That answer is a yes. So now its up to the coaches to get the most out of him.

There wasnt anyone else I wanted left on the board anyhow so I'm not too upset with the pick.

suds79
04-27-2012, 08:19 AM
I'm optimistic still.

I'm very confident he won't be pushed back when you look at his size & pure strength.

I'm fairly confident he'll be able to push some centers back thus disrupting a play.

I'm not confident at all he'll provide any type of pass rush. But that's not something you require out of a NT. They don't make the plays.

All we need the guy to do is eat up a lot of space in the middle and let DJ & others make all the plays. He's got the tools to do that. Lets see if Romeo can get the most out of him.

gblowfish
04-27-2012, 09:49 AM
Maybe our BBQ will motivate him....

TEX
04-27-2012, 09:57 AM

LMAO

Dayze
04-27-2012, 09:58 AM
Fat guy with questionable wok ethic and big money = whitlock

Lzen
04-27-2012, 10:08 AM
I think hes more like Chester McGlockton.

I really, really hope Poe does well. But from everything I've heard about him, this was my thought as well. Chester could have been dominate (and he was at times). He just got lazy and overpaid.

kaplin42
04-27-2012, 10:18 AM
Really dumb question, but can anyone tell me how many 1st round picks have gone to defense in the last 10 years please. I'm talking specificaly Chiefs 1st rounders.

Dicky McElephant
04-27-2012, 10:19 AM
Really dumb question, but can anyone tell me how many 1st round picks have gone to defense in the last 10 years please. I'm talking specificaly Chiefs 1st rounders.

Really dumb answer. Go look for yourself.

www.nfl.com/draft/history

Mr. Laz
04-27-2012, 10:21 AM
disagree completely, I think Sims hit his ceiling in college

Poe is Boom/Bust untapped potential

IF ........ Crennel can develop him then he has elite potential.

suds79
04-27-2012, 10:23 AM

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Chiefs+1st+round+draft+picks

Extra Point
04-27-2012, 10:41 AM

He's from Memphis, man. Definitely an upgrade over a dry rub. But don't look to anyone here to give him anything but real hot sauce.

Jmoore051
04-27-2012, 11:06 AM
Link?

Your not much of a fan. Cry cry cry

Chief Faithful
04-27-2012, 01:56 PM
#11 may be too high for Poe just like Sims was too high at #7, but I see no other similarity to Ryan Sims. Sims was flabby, weak, lazy, unfocused, bad attitude, was surrounded by good players and looked good only because he lined up next to Peppers. Poe is known for his motor, strongest player in the draft, great attitude and was the only good player on his DL.

None of us will know if he is a steal or bust for a long while, but I don't see any similar attributes to Sims, which is a great start.

suds79
04-27-2012, 01:58 PM
#11 may be too high for Poe just like Sims was too high at #7, but I see no other similarity to Ryan Sims. Sims was flabby, weak, lazy, unfocused, bad attitude, was surrounded by good players and looked good only because he lined up next to Peppers. Poe is known for his motor, strongest player in the draft, great attitude and was the only good player on his DL.

None of us will know if he is a steal or bust for a long while, but I don't see any similar attributes to Sims, which is a great start.

That and Poe will be getting coached by Romeo where as I believe Sims had Greg Robinson to work with... Ouch.

whoman69
04-27-2012, 02:11 PM

No he wouldn't. Don't just toss stuff out your ass.

whoman69
04-27-2012, 02:15 PM
I think Romeo described his supposed shortcomings pretty well. He was asked to play everywhere and every down. He will be taught one position and get rest when needed. I don't think you can call anyone who worked hard enough to get those combine numbers can be lazy. You don't just get up off the sofa and do what he did.